They actually think people are going to do this

It's over, Nintendo is finished.

Shit, when I was a kid, we plugged the N64 into the screen in my friend's mom's mini-van.

that's cool for road trips though

every kid would have done that back then if they had the opportunity to. kids have mobile phones now though.

True. I guess I can see kids today just playing against each other online with their individual phones. Now that I think of it, split-screen is kind of dead.

Now anons on Holla Forums can get together and play in a car

Their mistake is showing some fucking dudebros doing this.

They should have put this into a family truck and made some kid play it on a comfy road trip. We did ridiculous tricks to get videogames onto a car when we went off to a vacation or something, so I can totally see this being used for that purpose.

I might be excited if I thought any of the games would be any good. I like playing at home with regular controllers, so the gimmick doesn't really do it for me. A GOOD Advance Wars or Fire Emblem game might convince me.

This seems like one of those comedy skits where they play on a tiny screen in the middle of traffic.

I've done it with my PS2 before, I even did it with my WiiU when I've gone on vacation and I didn't drive. WWHD made my long trips less long. Albeit I did almost beat it in one sitting.

Nigga, I did that shit with my PS1 when I was moving as a kid.

I wish I'd had this shit as a kid. I didnt' even have a Gameboy for ages. We used to drive nine goddamn hours to go see my great-grandparents and I would have killed a man to have some entertainment. Even once I got a Gameboy, my only good game was Pokemon. Most of what I had was stuff like this out of the bargain bin.

NINTENDOOOOMED

NINTENDO "CAR BAR" PERIPHERAL
CONFIRMED

I liked the DS and 3DS. What makes this so bad?

Does this mean nintendo will stop doing handheld?

Like clockwork!

What's going on? Out of the loop. "LEL NINTENDOOM" shitters need not apply.

They put out a handled instead of a true console.

I think I would think this was cool if I was 13. My brother and I would totally played this on road trips.

Nintendo announced their new console. Nintendo Switch.

Proably not, the 3DS is too profitable for them to replace it just yet.

We know what the NX is now. It's a home console/handheld hybrid with a detatching controller gimmick.

Holy fuck what are the odds!?

Back to cuckchan where you belong

Back to reddit with you

This is getting overplayed now. Delete this

Neat. I did see a trailer in the thread I didn't know was stickied (Mark stickying a thread for longer than "so everyone can see it" two minutes is such a rarity it doesn't usually occur to me) so I'll have a look at that later.

Theyll defend anything from Amiboos to mobileshit.
Why wouldnt they defend this?

Can't wait for New Super Mario Bros. Switch!

my sweet summer child

It's late October.

I would have loved it as a kid, but literally nobody in here is legitimately excited for this unless they're apple-tier brand fanatics.

I'm a big handheld guy, so I have but one request to buy this day-1.

Is it region free? If yes, I'm getting it. I do a lot of LAN party type things with my friends, so I'm used to lugging my PS4 and shit everywhere to play games. This looks nice for doing stuff like that.

so we can we start seeing bans for being this retarded?

This ban on fucking site.

Thats my reasoning at least, I'm a simple man. I might wait for the price to drop 6 months later. I do like the concept, I didn't think they could pull it off but it seems like they did it well.
People will almost certainly call me a shill, but it's failure aside, I love my Wii U. It's got great games. If Nintendo didn't make good games I wouldn't buy their consoles.

I don't consider myself a nintendo fanboy, my last consoles where a wii and a ds, the latter being my favorite of the two, by far.

Gaming in general has been a huge dissapointment for me this generation. So now I hope
I hope
that by focusing on mobile only, maybe the DS days will come back.

A man can dream…

Still hard telling like most things about the system but probably. 3DS's major games were inching towards region-free with stuff like Robobot and Hyrule Warriors Legends simply changing language depending on system home-country settings and otherwise being the same thing on JP, EUR and USA carts/cias.

if nintendo had just released a Nintendo DS with good graphics and no gimmicks (like 3D) that was slim portable and durable, they'd have huge success. and you could still just attach it to a television via a wire and bluetooth controllers made for it after the fact. this nintendo switch is the biggest blunder ive ever seen.

I'd prefer a ban for everybody stupid enough to regularly fall for the TOR id-dubs bait but we'd be out of users in a jiffy.

Nintendo didn't deserve the DS.

fags
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Well back then we had Game Boys for that. 'Member Game Boy? 'Member when Nintendo actually made good consoles?

I wish the mods were that based.

It looks like some odd face

The behavior pretty much looks like a normal console. You pop the fucker in, press power and then A to play it. The mistake in the commercial is the bogus rhetorical point overall. Who is supposed to play that according to the trailer? Hip 20 to 30 something normalfags without any kids. In reality, it will be kids, some Nerds, Families and maybe the occasional casual who leaves that thing at home. In other words the marketers Nintendo has employed are trying to convince everyone to eat a huge Whopper.

Yes. Please ban people for being retarded. We have so many stupid people latching onto our board lately.

Yup, clearly halfchan. Don't deny, don't sperg out. I am one of the few experts on halfchan's most severe problems. What is demanded by user here is a slap on the hand in the form of a joke ban.

Mad retarded

I'm only interested for when it eventually gets hacked. Even then, I can get a tablet that can do better shit for a better price no doubt.

7 years is pretty normal lifespan for a console user, second longest for nintendo handhelds even.

Not to mention DSi was a testing-ground for 3DS features like the GBA SP being a test for the DS's backlight and clamshell. Digital distribution through DSiWare and no GBA slot should've been a clue for anybody who owned one.

It just hit me how identical their idea is to what Apple did.

Multiple companies have already done it. The Akun Morphus 300 was exactly this.

Nintendo's bread and butter besides vidya is till industry design not innovation. This thing looks pulled off better than the examples from . The question is whether it is still child resistant or not. I still remember the Nintendium jokes from 2014.

Tons of companies did this shit way before either nintendo of fagple.
If you want to complain about something other than the gimmicks and creative bankruptcy of neo-nintendo, complain about the name. "Switch". Who the fuck thought this shit is a good idea? It's like they didn't even try. Did they just give up after he died?

Please post the one with the guy on the plane.

Like there is any reason to use that ridiculous nunchuck mode, IN PUBLIC too.

No it fucking doesn't. Ugly plastic box, ugly all around. Not even a unique design like nintendo is usually known for. It's just copy paste of old ideas plus an ugly cheap looking plastic dock and looks like an ugly boxy PSP or a garmin GPS with a controller attached to the sides.

Yeah he's playing video games on an airplane what a weirdo

That's good, i can't fall asleep ever in public because i am always afraid i'll rip some loud embarrassing farts, the struggle is real

he looks autistic as fuck with those small nunchucks

Then just sync a pro controller if you care about looking cool so much faggot

An Ipad costs loads more than a switch

It was better than I thought it was gonna be. It reminds me of the 80's and 90's and carrying around jukeboxes which is nostalgic but even at a good price range, I doubt it will succeed in today's downtrodden economy.

The social aspect that portability brings is the only excuse to buy this over a regular computer and even that won't be the case in 5 years. And the fact that I like the clunkiness of it probably makes it a turn off for most people to carry. Still, if the economy was good, I could see this becoming a cool gadjet like the Walkman used to be.

you dont get it do you?

Keep your south park references to reddit

????

That said, someone should put a controller in a steering wheel and add a display somewhere painfully visible and see how long until the government sues him.

No they don't. There just isn't a very polite way of advertising "now you can play your vidya while you shit", so they make up fake scenarios instead.

This.
We used to put a small crate sideways with a tv on top of it it and strap it down with stretchy rope things. We'd put the ps2 in the crate itself and me and my sister would fight for who got to play vidya and watch movies.
I miss those days. Nowadays when my family meets up we all sit in a car looking at our cell phones.

the irony is that it was making fun of people who cling onto the past like some sort of crutch while forgetting about all the stupid bullshit that came with the past. remember when we didn't internet walkthrough and had to call and pay for a stupid fucking hotline to get a walkthrough? remember when it took an hour to load a jpg on the internet so you ended up jerking off to the thumbnails?

what's with all the downer talk?
I for one am stoked as can be for the Ouya 2

I suddenly love this console.

Holla Forums gets worse by the day.

wow lol guess you win wow lol

Kind of genius if it weren't for the fact that the mini-controllers look absolutely cramp inducing. Japan once again not considering western audiences when designing tech.

It's dead outside Japan.

Smartphones happened. Deal with it.

Stop being so negative. That shit looks awesome! It's either a great success or a spectacular tire fire.
And you kind of have to love this forced "innovation" Nintendo is known for.

just fucking make another xperia play

As if the XL wasn't fuck huge enough. Here's an idea instead of bigger make it slightly thicker so anyone without the hands of an 8 year old can hold it for extended periods without cramping

Wow, it's like 2014 all over again.

sounds rike pelsonal plobrem lound eye

I will

So go to hell faggot

Nintendo's moving into the tablet market? What's NX then?

The Wii U gamepad can already be taken to the shitter.

The major selling point Switch offers is portable split-screen co-op without a second console. Even the controller splits into two controllers so you can do it. It's like having a 3DS, but you don't need a second one to play games with someone else.

Hi Travja

The real question is, will it have some fucking third party support?

The real question is, will it have Pokemon.

Are there any people that stupid to buy console for graphics!?

Maybe?

This console use cartridges so, i guess it will.

This is NX.
Its just little lower than current gen handheld with current gen games.

Reminds me of the PS4 partner list sony showed off and then barely any of them made games for the PS4.

They have to redeem pokken.

Some of these aren't even developers or publishers.
Havok, Unity, Autodesk, Webtechnology, RAD. They're tangentially related to video games but the don't make or sell them.

fyi, not devs, game making tools

SURELY NOTHING COULD GO WRONG

So, loli fanservice confirmed?

>also a new main series Pokemon that actually has graphics
This could be a golden system for us Pokefags.

So lets be serious for a second. What games can anyone look forward to? Metroid is dead, star fox is on life support, Fzero is dead, megaman is dead, paper mario is dead, and probably a few others I am forgetting. Does that just leave pokemon, mobile mario, zelda, and maybe sonic?

I'm hoping after the negative response for Splash maybe Paper Mario will go back to it's roots. That or they'll just kill it. Either way we'll still have Mario & Luigi, which while not as good is still something to look forward to.

Seriously, i got that game because Machamp was glorious and he's still the best fucking thing the game has to offer.

Go away Megaman, hope rides alone.

Retro is still working on something

You to Roll

I really hope they take the hint and put in ALL the fighting Pokemon. I want to slap whoever is in charge for not at least getting that.

That's all what Nintendo needs to get autists to buy it.
Why would they make a risk making a new F-Zero or Custom Robo when they can just pump out more of their flagship IP games? And the best part is that since this is a new console you can guarantee that they're going to make a new Smash for it as well.

I was open to the idea of not "fighting exclusive" pokemon, but I knew it was going to be trouble and opened the door for shit, and sure enough, we got shit because they allowed votes from faggots who only watch the anime and think they know anything about pokemon.

Hell, I made a list of all the final forms of pokemon who are part fighting, excluding mega forms.

-Primeape
-Poliwrath
-Hitmonchan
-Hitmonlee
-Heracross
-Hitmontop
-Breloom
-Hariyama
-Medicham
-Infernape
-Toxicroak
-Gallade
-Emboar
-Conkeldurr
-Throh
-Sawk
-Scrafty
-Mienshao
-Cobalion
-Terrakion
-Virizion
-Keldeo
-Chesnaught
-Pangoro
-Hawlucha

It's not good idea.
It's fucking amazing.

They added fucking lamp pokemon

Can't wait for sand castle pokemon in pokken

See and that's the big thing, at this point fighting is so varied the list could please anyone. I really hope that's the one thing they fix for Pokken 2, then I might actually give a shit. Plus I'll own a Switch anyway given it will have main series on it. Scrafty alone would be the shit.

I've tried to fucking stress the point that there is a fighting pokemon that would cover every corner of the possibilities that a fighting game would need.

Hell, they are making fighting pokemon of nearly every possible TYPE combination and we fighting got a Fighting/Dragon coming up. hell, I think the only fighting combinations we don't have are;

We got the Flying one with Hawlucha and it's a fucking crime that it's not in pokken as a playable.

Chances are, most of those are just ports of games that were previously released. The exact same thing happened with the Wii U; they showed a bunch of fucking companies with potential games or other software coming out, and all we actually got out of them were ports.

Yeah, but no one but a Wii U