Mice Thread

alright faggots, i need a new mouse, my last one (and unfortunately current) is pic related (Gigabyte M6800)
The scroll whell stopped working properly not even 6 months after I bought it so I wanted something that would last longer
What do you anons recomend:
if anyone posted the updated chart, that would be really useful

Other urls found in this thread:

geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
amazon.com/CM-Storm-Spawn-Optical-Switches/dp/B004RJJMBI?th=1
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Optical-Lighting-SGM-2002-KLON1/dp/B017M4FT34
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

holy fuck the amount of typos in this post are ridiculous, I'm fucking retarded, sorry about that

your choices are
g400 look on ebay
intellimouse 3 still pretty cheep from most vendors
steel series raw look for a chinese vendor they go for about $20 and the quality is great
or anything zowie makes it's a bit overpriced

thanks user, the G400 still looks pricey as fuck even on ebay
Zowie's are overpriced to hell and back

Does anyone else gets triggered that the only good mice that isn't outright jewing you doesn't match the colors of your station?

Now i need to get a Corsair Pro because the damn logitech ones are all blue and my shit is red/black

G502 is top-tier.

I bought an fk2 back when they still cost $70
It's lasted me 4 years. Clicks are still crisp and tracking is still good

Speaking of Mice, I was gonna go either for the G402 or the G502 but I read that the wheel on the 402 is kind of shitty, especially for browsing and non gaming stuff, anybody tried both?

might as well wear a naruto headband

Go for the g502, been working great for me.

I have a 402 right now, and admittedly, there is times when it fails me while playing games that frantically use the wheel. Sometimes it skips a tick, but I've gotten use to the motion required to make that happen less often.

yeah it's shit but you can disable it

A list of acceptable mice can be found here:
geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

The g502 is about the best all rounder on the market if you don't mind the weight. I've had mine for over two years now and the only sign of wear is a blemish on the braiding of the cable.

You should do some more reading user.

All of the logitech mice released in the last year or so have rgb lighting if it really bothers you that much. They also added rgb lighting to the g502.

I have a Logitech G400.
Considering a Steelseries Rival 300 if I need to replace it in the future. Maybe a Zowie EC1-A if I can get it at a reasonable price up here in Canada.

Main thing I want in a mouse – other than general build quality, of course – is thumb buttons that are actually where my thumb rests, not placed above my thumb where I have to reach to press them.
For gaming in particular I love to assign important functions to those two buttons so having immediate access to them goes a long way.

One of the many refurbished Savu you can find on ebay
It has a few issues like the high LOD and jitter at 4k dpi but otherwise it's probably the best mouse you'll get for 40 bucks outside of secondhand.

Or a G502 and Zowie AM/FK/ZA if you're okay with spending more for a mouse

Razer is actually good but mandatory spyware and atrocious build quality at random on newer models really doesn't help on top of being way pricier than anything else

CM storm spawn can be a good alternative if you have really tiny hands

I use a Kensington mouse in a box. It clicks things real good

I've never actually used one. I was under the impression that it was optical. Really just playing that one by ear. Used to have a friend that raved about it but I guess I should rethink it.

Guess I m gonna spoil myself.

also, MICE is for queers. MOUSE isn't a word in itself it's a fucking acronym

i use a g500, it's okay at best but i got so used to mapping stuff to its little side buttons i can't change

I fell for the Razer meme and I got a Deathadder after using a genius mouse that had a broken scrollwheel for a year after my abyssus broke when I was playing Quake.

That's the problem with the wheel on the g502 and why I'll never get one. It's too good.

A luxury once tasted becomes a necessity. There's no going back to normal mice wheels after getting accustomed to that one.

I hate to shill for Rocket Jump Ninja, but the testing he does is really thorough.

i got a logitech g502 and i've never been happier with a mouse. enough buttons to please me, and it's fucking heavy as hell (which i like) when all the weights are installed, but still pretty hefty even without them

Solid mouse. Love it because it's small unlike every other le gaymer mouse that is massive as fuck.

Havit 2400
BasStyle mouse
Sentley G310 mouse

I used those because I have huge hands.

LMAO

mice

I have been using the sharkoon Fireglider for 6 years now. It's gud and reliable, even though the mouse wheel started acting up last year.
Still, 5 years of good service.

g302 only sensible option

My G9 (non-X) is still holding up 9 years later. DPI/sensitivity settings onboard, so I haven't needed to use any any bloatware drivers for years. I had to replace the left button's microswitch year ago though.

I've been thinking about upgrading my trusty G700s, to a G900. Always keeping it wired mind you. I need a tilting wheel.

Any thoughts for, or against?

i still use my mx518 i got with my first personal computer. other than having to use tape to maintain smooth movements it still works like a charm after 10 years.

With the G502 you can swap between 3 button profiles on the fly without having anything running in the background.

This means you can have, for example, a profile with all of the additional buttons bound to numpad keys, which allows you to use said buttons in older games that don't recognize them normally.

I fell for the razer meme and have regrets every day.

It's a wheel you use to scroll, deal with it.

is the g400s any better than the standard g400?

I have been using pic related for over 5 years now and I haven´t had any problems with it so far. Once in a blue moon I open it from inside, clean all the dirt/hair/rubbish and put it back together and that´s it for maintenance from my part.

Holy shit it's like I'm back in 1998.

Why? Is 3 not enough nowadays?

No, not at all. Having +3 extra buttons right on your thumb which isn't doing dick normally frees up a ton of extremely valuable hotkey space.

Unfortunately it isn't made anymore, but I love this ugly piece of shit. It's called the Func MS-3.

G402 is what I'm using now and I get random mouse jitter every now and then on the desktop. It's annoying as fuck. I replaced my old Steel Series Sensei because it had a squeaky mouse wheel that drove me crazy. I have shit luck with mice.

bought a MS comfort mouse 6000
I have small hands so it seems a tiny bit too big, but it's alright
Seems to have decent tracking
not really into paying out the ass for the gaming mouse meme

Check to see if the jitter is timed with a spike in DPC latency.

just get a business mouse with a scroll wheel OP

god tier: amazon.com/CM-Storm-Spawn-Optical-Switches/dp/B004RJJMBI?th=1

acceptable current replacement: amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Optical-Lighting-SGM-2002-KLON1/dp/B017M4FT34

if you aren't using claw grip, I don't know whats wrong with you.

MX518 MASTER RACE
ANGLE SNAP ONLY TRIGGERS AUTISTS

ftfy