Paper Mario Wii U bombs in Japan

Media Create sales from October 10-16

[3DS] Monster Hunter Stories (Capcom, 10/08/16) – 67,133 (207,736)
[PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (Square Enix, 10/13/16) – 21,152 (New)
[Wii U] Paper Mario: Color Splash (Nintendo, 10/13/16) – 20,894 (New)
[PSV] Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter (Compile Heart, 10/13/16) – 18,358 (New)
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura (Level-5, 07/16/16) – 11,255 (1,284,437)
[PS4] Persona 5 (Atlus, 09/15/16) – 8,147 (354,101)
[Wii U] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Mojang, 06/23/16) – 6,472 (151,101)
[PS4] PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE, 10/13/16) – 5,983 (New)
[PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Arc System Works, 10/06/16) – 5,898 (26,507)
[PS4] FIFA 17 (EA, 09/29/16) – 5,565 (74,125)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 5,559 (896,633)
[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Kami no Shou / Ryuu no Shou (GungHo Online Entertainment, 07/28/16) – 5,080 (195,639)
[3DS] Chou Sentouchuu: Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen (Bandai Namco, 09/15/16) – 4,816 (23,645)
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo, 04/29/16) -4,504 (453,580)
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (10/08/15) – 4,157 (177,397)
[PS4] Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Konami, 09/15/16) – 3,419 (99,047)
[3DS] Dragon Ball Fusions (Bandai Namco, 08/04/16) – 3,419 (99,047)
[PS3] Persona 5 (Atlus, 09/15/16) – 3,195 (103,548)
[PS4] LEGO Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Warner Bros., 10/13/16) – 3,184 (New)
[Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) – 3,101 (1,482,283)

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

PlayStation VR – 51,644 (New)
PlayStation 4 – 30,154 (31,071)
New 3DS LL – 15,905 (16,548)
PlayStation Vita – 8,772 (9,282)
2DS – 8,203 (9,421)
New 3DS – 2,983 (3,084)
Wii U – 2,430 (2,545)
PlayStation 3 – 814 (820)
3DS – 346 (449)
Xbox One – 323 (90)
3DS LL – 71 (88)

It somehow did worse than Tokyo Mirage Sessions which sold more in a few days. I guess Paper Mario is dead, along with the Wii U.

Other urls found in this thread:

mfgg.net/?act=resdb¶m=02&c=2&id=30485
exhentai.org/g/971423/e190c2cbad/
theheroes7.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/the-surprising-success-story-of-paper-mario-color-splash/
archive.is/n62Ku
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good, maybe now they can finally let it rest in peace
Hope Miyamoto goes to rest in peace next

No user, what happens next is that in a bid for cash Nintendo releases current year remakes for old classics by Miyamoto

Good

Who is this animu flavor girl of the month?

As happy as this makes me, I wonder what would happen if they decide to make yet another paper mario game. How much worse could it get?

Shaggybutt McInvertednipples

To be completely fair, it would've bombed regardless if it was shit or not, since it's on WiiU and the WiiU is dead.

Probably smartphone only if I had to guess.

See how well it does worldwide before you start the shitpost train.

Oshiete! Galko-Chan from January this year.

with it goes the IP down.

I'd be fine with it just being dead if it meant the corpse wasn't puppeted around.

I doubt it'll do that great because of the mixed reception it got at E3.

Sticker Star was abysmal, if that would be the standard for all new Paper Mario games it's for the best that the series gets put to rest.

For japanese releases; the first week is the only week that matters
The only way nintendo will ever learn is through failure.

Oh I was just annoyed at how much she is getting posted lately, I was referring to her status as flavor of the month derisively. The question was meant rhetorically.

We've seen it happen. And honestly ,we'd rather the dead be laid to rest instead of being awoken in this day and age.

game crash when?

Stuff like this and Fed Farce leave series in Catch 22 style situations: Either they are rightfully poorly received and the series dies (or ought to die), or somehow they do well and more of the same shit gets made. Either way, it's not what any of the fans of the prior good games likely wants.

>Digs up Ryu's rotting corpse and reanimates it.
Same situation. I'm unsure of how it was received out there, but if the Japanese ate it up because they love mobile shit, expect more of the same. if not, it's going back in the grave.

what game is that cute girl from?

Once FFXV bombs and, depending on sales, the NX misfires.

You guys need to stop believing this bullshit.

Companies that are run by marketers DO NOT LEARN. Even if half the company literally blows up due to shit games, they won't suddenly start making good games again, that's just not going to happen.

A marketer will compare their company to another company that's doing well, they'll look at the best sellers and ask themselves what makes those games different. And just as a reminder, the best sellers are shit like call of doody and hearthstone and bejeweled. Even if the entire company goes under, they'll look into mobile or some other gimmicky garbage for opportunities. They'll ALWAYS aim for the top sales.

If you want good games, you basically have 2 options.
1. Support indie developers that seem to be going in the right direction
or 2. learn to make games yourself.

Stop waiting for big studios to become good again, because they fucking won't.

I can't even name five games for that thing.

That's not a cute girl, it's a strong, independant woman and her name is Lara Croft.

plebanese

You mean the one on the left? She's from the game on the spot right below Paper Mario, Divine Prison Tower

lel are these nips actually buying tomb raider because it says SQUARE ENIX on the cover?

The wiiU is still pretty active in Japan.

Ha videogames already crashed in Japan years ago user. No joke. It's all mobile shit now.

Then let them fail.

I hope nobody here tries to suggest Japs have any taste in future

Have you guys played this?
mfgg.net/?act=resdb¶m=02&c=2&id=30485

It's actually pretty fun

no! really?

So it is basically Super Mario 3D Land but with hp and a paper mario look?

pretty much

No one wants that.

Have you even tried it?
It's better than color splash at least

Yah Ive played it it just felt like super paper mario to me but with more power ups and 3D World

Nope nope nope.

Themeparks, shitty cartoons, mobile shit. Zelda themed love hotels. Everything you love will be corrupted. And Nintendo will still make money.

Only thing I got out of Color splash was the visuals and the OST

what?

Is this nigger trying to rub it in?

Nintendo are pretty much in the process of bugging out of the game industry as it is.

Wow, that's desperation.

Beautiful

Thank you Jesus

Good.
Fuck you, Miyamoto

I imagine it is where people dress up as Zelda and then get fucked by people that look like Ganon or Link.

I find jailbait Nu-Lara more qt than MILF Lara.

you know, just because paper mario goes down doesnt mean something better will take its place

I don't care if the commercial failure means we will never have another Metroid game, I spite them for what they did.

Source?

Hey, no reason to be horsing around.

I'm telling you niggers that its not okay
To go around ejaculating every single day.

exhentai.org/g/971423/e190c2cbad/

no surprise there

This is essentially a boycott.
People want a real Paper Mario game, and Miyamoto isn't allowing for it.
So most aren't buying Paper Mario games anymore until Nintendo/Miyamoto caves in.

If they never cave in, or kill the series, then RIP Paper Mario.
If they do cave in, then perhaps some day we will see the return of a former glory.

Same goes with Starfox.
Nintendo will either have to listen to their customers, or axe the series (further axing their own business).

Oh, how the great fall…

wew lad

lets see 3? games with the paper games all complete shit
sticker star
paper jam
color splash
doesn't show any sign of improving mate.

I see no future for nintendo on their console the 3ds is probably the last successful thing they'll have for next pokemon gen and game.
they are putting their focus into mobile it seems a bit more.
animal crossing is probably gonna be some serious town management game, levels of farmvilla put with AC stuff.
fire emblem mobile is probably gonna join the ranks of games like super monster league, Brave frontier, Puzzle and dragons, granblue etc but with strategy turn base shit

I know that hentai. Quite interesting.

Who cares the Paper Mario games were always shit, the Mario and Luigi RPG games have always been superior to it.

Now this is bait

The best selling Wii U game since Splatoon in Japan is Minecraft Wii U. It's fucking dead, bro.

Figures.

stop egging him on

So the last good Paper Mario game was Thousand Year Door?

That's okay, they'll shit out another one with the same damn formula in 2 or 3 years regardless. I don't know what executive has such a hateboner for real Paper Mario that they're willing to eat 2 obvious failures and pretend like everything's fine, but I hope they die soon.

That seems to be happening with most Nintendo games these days, not just Paper Mario. Other than Splatoon and Pokemon, what nintendo games have actually sold well lately?

Im calling it now they're gunna make super paper mario 2.0 for the NX

The first 2 paper mario was to improve on the battle formula

and Color splash fixes alot of Sticker stars issues with battling and EXP

So they're gunna fix Super paper marios platform crap for the next one. Calling it now

Eh, I personally find Super Paper Mario enjoyable in its own rite.

Super Mario Maker, both versions of Smash, Mario Kart 7 and 8, Zelda ALBW and the remakes (not Triforce Heroes), Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Hyrule Warriors, these all over-performed.

Jesus christ even Star Fox Zero got more sales during its first week in Japan (around 25k).

And this is pretty much the last major Wii U title (other than Zelda BotW but you might as well consider it an NX game).

Nintendo isn't run by marketers. It's run by a bunch of old men blinded by nostalgia for the old days. (3rd/4th console gen)

Good, the nips are waking up to the fact that nintendo is just japanese activision.

They'll probably fix something some people complained about and fuck a lot more the core points AKA the humor and the gameplay.

So the game is considered a bomb because it only sold 21,000 units in a calendar week? I mean really it was a dumb time to release a new Mario game with the Dark Souls III DLC coming in 6 days. Should have waited for the Christmas rush.

Dong Freeze had it's projections severely slashed after the delay and it out performed the newer projections. It didn't flop but it wasn't a success, and the game was received fairly lukewarm by press and players so it didn't have any staying power either. Nintendo wasn't in a rush to announce what Retro was doing next either

It would be classed more of a "Made its budget back" game, really. Everything else is true, though Mario Maker only pipped past it's high projection so it was on the button at least.

Not really, nips have only ever been into PS3 and PS4 lately, Nintendo is still rightfully treated as children's games. Nips are getting a lot more into PC gaming as well.

I forgot that nintnedo is dindu tier here when they show weakness but suddenly they are top nigger when they sell something.

it could help if you used a better analogy. like video game disney jr

Not only that, but it almost got outsold by a vita CH game for goodness sake.

Nah mate, that's the Nintendrones. The people running Nintendo want the Wii audience back.

so what it is, is nintendo kike tier thanks to their dlc tied to plastic toys or are they some poor company who just wants to make videogames centered around gameplay?

That scene is eerily similar to Sonic's death by that donut steel character in 06.

If they make Super Paper Mario 2.0 a lot like Super Paper Mario World, then I'm all for it.

Good.
They deserve it, especially when they ruined Star Fox, Fatal Frame, and Metroid.

Don't forget Warioware and Mario Kart.

I understand the feeling but it isn't cod tier.

i can't believe that metroid is fucking dead

a part of me sees warioware as satire against mobile games. i wonder if thats what was on their minds at the time.

My mistake, you are right. We should just wait until it becomes that bad AND THEN we will complain about it since it's "not CoD tier". Can't say anything too critical about nintendo's IPs now.

No worries the manchildren in the muricucka are still addicted to drowning in japanese men semen

Given the fact (and it is pretty much a fact) that Nintendo won't be making any more consoles after this one they could very well bump up the rate of releases for so-thought "once per console" series.

freudian tier post user, consider pic related

So be it, Nutendo will never make a non shit Paper Mario.

Oh man, poor Travis Touchdown is going to be so bummed out to hear this.

theheroes7.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/the-surprising-success-story-of-paper-mario-color-splash/

thats so delusional i physically cringed. nintendo is, and always was a company built around false advertisement and ripping children off. any other outlook is blinded by nostalgia.

Are we going to do this too? Are we /a/ and MAL now too?

ok

It'd be one thing if it was just a dead console, but its a dead console that had some good games on it, or even promising games on it. It just makes owning a Wii U that much infuriating when I think of how mismanaged it was.

archive.is/n62Ku

The more you know. Nintendo has been around for a long time.

user. I don't think you understand.

If I knew Sticker Star was to be what it was, I'd have grabbed the shotgun and put the IP down right there and then, had I been given the choice.

This shit is a fate worse than death. It has destroyed what once was a truly amazing franchise and Nintendo is so far up their fucking asses that it will keep being shit if it doesn't die now.

Said by every nintendo fanboy since the n64.

Remember user, they are not allowed to call a game bad unless their review folder outright says they are allowed to.

They're going to anger normalfags that love Paper Mario though.

Okay, and? These are the same types of retards that took a cancerous practice like horse armor and cranked it up to 11 by tricking their playerbase that buying physical plastic toys to unlock parts of a game you already bought. Hell, other companies have tried it but nintendo seems to have gotten it right with their E-reader 2.0 scam. Let the cucks be angry, they deserve every bit of this and then some.

Assuming Nintendo as a whole ultimately perishes, I seriously doubt any of these franchises are going to die a swift, clean, honorable death.

It's going to be an ugly, sad thing to watch.

If this were true then Nintendo would be the best company out there.

raking in maximum shekels and making good vidya are not mutually exclusive.

Like?

Nah, Gamecube and N64 might of had it rough, but they weren't fucking dead on arrival like this disaster was.

You self delusional fanboy. The only thing deader than the Gamecube was the Dreamcast and that was only due to piracy. Do you not remember when every 3rd party said "fuck this" and port shit to other systems once they found out how underpowered it was and the limited space they had to work with on the disc itself? Were you old enough to remember that?

Opinion disregarded

I don't expect much from nintendo fans who love to revise history.

Nigger, you're trying to tell me that the gamecube is technically inferior to the playstation 2 If that's not revising history than i don't know what is.

Doesn't everyone here always talk about how Japan has shit taste? Wait for the sales in the US before you start shitting all over it. You pretendos are so eager to shit all over a game you haven't even played.

I'll never understand why this suddenly gained traction over the original "8 int" version.

Fuck off back to your hug box, Nintendo is and always will be garbage NIDF scum.

I'd say it's more "being completely fucking delusional" than "revising history". The Gamecube is still technically superior in every way conceivable to the PS2.

They think it's more clever, even though a score of 0 is always impossible in every game. There's never been a game where a character could have 0 Int.

That concept didn't even exist back then, the devs behind it were making it without their superiors knowing it because they were losing their shit at how dumb and fun these microgames could be, and even then they were copies of that 64DD failed concept of using 3d assets in the same microgames.

Look at the flag you dumb nigger, he was joking. Take your consolewar faggotry to cuckchan

I think your boyfriend can speak for himself, faggot.

The majority of a video games sales occur within the first month of release. This is also the reason why most devs are content with Denuvo as a form of DRM since Denuvo typically takes a month to break for a given game

Either way, its retarded to consider this a flop because we don't know what the games budget was. Considering this is a WiiU title (ie. a console with a nonexistant install base) and considering Nintendo isn't completely retarded (at least when it comes to breaking even) I'll bet this game was probably made on a tiny-ass budget and Nintendo probably made some profit off of it. I don't even think this had a marketing budget. Nintendo never discloses their game budgets though so we may never know for sure

Reminder the GameCube had a bargain sale.

There's a reason why game devs are pushing pre-orders.

Almost no game has a long tail and they're all heavily discounted after a few months. The average gamer lives for the hype.
Sales nunbers almost always go DOWN week after week not UP.

I think they've shown they have no idea how to use the IP in the first place.

The revival of video games was a mistake.

What the fuck are you talking about? The GC is more powerful than the PS2. The disc space limit was the only problem of that console.

Exactly, this is also why devs are pushing for digital content delivery services like Steam or local appstores (Nintendo e-shop, Google Play.etc) Because software delivery services supposedly don't suffer from the same sales dropoff as retail games, as games can be made cheaper and are easily marketed. Essentially equating them to how Hollywood movies are delivered after home release

At this point I'm happier when an IP stays dead.
I'd hate to think of what Nintendo would do revitalizing something like Star Tropics.

Wow, it's fucking nothing. Jewtendo was so salty they were blown the fuck out via DVD they had to kneecap their own media because "muh honoraru".

and let's not forget how pissed off the japanese kikes got after a western studio made a better metroid game than they could even dream.

The Xbox 360 failure rates were very real my friend

In all reality though, Microsoft probably made a bigger profit from non-video game related Xbox shit like online services and media sponsorships

Let's not turn into Neogaf to bicker about sales in one place.

And you could learn to take a fucking joke nigger

GOOD.

TRIGGERED

Xbox was nothing more than war spending to kill the Japanese vidya industry. It doesn't have to make a profit.

You say this when they're the only major player putting out a new console while Sony and Microsoft put out a New PS4 and New Xbone, with Microsoft actively trying to combine PC as a general market with Xbone.

Fucking Microsoft should be trying to phase out the console

Because Sony can't follow them half as well if they drag the market that direction

Sadly, the only exclusives I want are Sony but STILL

Exclusives are a consumer-hostile strategy, they are on their way out and that's a good thing.

Don't care for good games anymore, that hope is long lost.
At this point I just want everything to burn

whats that going to accomplish

What's going to try to berate companys gonna accomplish?
They'll fuck you over next chance they get either way.

So no matter what we do, we are doomed to not have any good games anymore.

Hello old friend.

im having trouble following. all i get from your post is that you think no good games will ever come again and i simply dont believe that.

They should bring back a laser disc console but use the discs that are big as those gross frozen pizzas. Just think about it, instead of having multiple discs, you just have to flip it over.

Exclusives are fine when they are designed to make be optimized for the hardware they are constrained to, as in OPTIMIZED with hardware specific programing tricks and making full use of everything to point it wouldn't work on something else.

But that's not how the industry makes games anymore, now it is all the same shit even when "exclusive".

There's a good chance it'll come to PC then. It looks cute.

post the rest then faglord

Is this game like the N64 and GC or is it like that shitty fucking Wii one?

I havn't done a lot(well any) research on it. Paper Mario was one of my favorite games growing up though.

M&L is shit now too though.

You clearly haven't. This and the last 2 'Paper Mario' games make the Wii one look good.

Far worse. The last two have been like the Paper Mario equivalent of NSMB.

Imagine that they got rid of levels, expirience, pathners and badges.

That your only way to fight is to use attack items and you are encouraged to not fight enemies and bosses need a specific attack item to beat them easily or else is a fucking chore

That all the interconnected places are now divided in stages with the typical NSMB worlds themes

That is how bad these games are.

Also "you only have 0" sounds off

WEW LAD

What else did they ruin? Baklava? My dream journal? Sonic? Ireland?
Wew.

What the fuck are you even talking about, you faggot nigger jew? Wii U, 3DS, GBA, Gamecube, Wii, DS, 64, and SNES all got the same amount of Mario Kart games. They haven't been releasing more or anything retarded like that. Kill yourself.

HAhahaha you actually believe this don't you

If you actually read the review you'd figure out they should've given Paper Mario an 8 or so instead. It was mostly just bitchy whining about being too fucking stupid to understand the combat system, same with Fuckstore.

Amiibo content wouldn't be in the game without Amiibo. Hence, it's not "Jewish" you fucking /r9k/ bastard.

I'd argue Wii U, 3DS and Switch bring enough new to the table that no port makes sense. I'd also argue Microsoft and Sony keeping Microsoft and Sony games on Microsoft and Sony platforms as an incentive to buy makes more sense than "none" but that will make your titties angry won't it. I imagine the profit margins on Xbox and Windows are pretty similar which is why Microsoft is phasing out its own exclusives but you'll still never see any of their games on Linux.

Wrong.trump
Wrong.trump
Lol who cares Huey can do anything interesting partners could
Lol who cares badges couldn't do anything any other mechanism couldn't
It's literally gameplay semantics and makes little practical difference other than forcing a mix-up
Wrong.trump
It's literally easy mode/hard mode dude
Oh no that must be really bad that sounds like the worstest
Doesn't sound good or bad to me

Also I assure you this game was made on a tiny ass budget PM has never been a blockbuster and Wii U is on its way out and its just generally not a super expensive type of game

His name is Miyamoto.

eh actually it's "Pissed off group of interns 13"

PROJECTION
Next you going to tell me that Obsidian fucked up Bethesda's Fallout.

Is this nigger serious?

Not really surprising. I pirated it and the combat is shit, also way too much dialog slowing down the game. It's basically a prettier Sticker Star with a paint gimmick.

Cody?

Which is the better deal right now? PS4 or PC? I'm not really sure which one to buy, because the triple A's are so badly optimized on PC's, and i don't know what a PC has going for it…