Monster Hunter /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3y-6ZvVFtvg
youtube.com/watch?v=R2ebTbll888
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

which monster would you fug?

So I got about 2 and a half hours into pic related and it's just… dull. Not that I expected better, but still would've been nice to be proved wrong. Bleah.

The deadliest and most fearsome of all humans

you're sick user

Easy, antidote lube

There you go

Lunastra. If I can please her enough then maybe she won't do that fire aura thing. That shit just would not fly. I'd probably have to use my arm though, maybe even both, but goddamn I'd try. That is the power of the human spirit.

I swear to fucking god i'm gonna report you all to the guild.

Go ahead and report us, you can't unfug those monsters

I'm just trying to help anons practice safe sex.

Looks like someone caught the thunderclap from Zinogre….

Brachydios. Best blowjob of the land.

I heard they're so good your balls will burst.

I wish Capcom would stop being buttfuck retarded and just let us play the PC versions in america already

You can play MHO if you like no being able to read anything and having to put up with Tencent's shit.

Also the game is bad bit it's the closest you're going to get.

There's a shit ton of rooms online for both 4U and Gen.
Also 90% of all non-spergs have their own estabilished hunting groups they hunt with by now.

Then I end up miles ahead of them and every time we play just feels like I'm carrying them.

Lure them into a false sense of security promising netflix and buttsex and then whip out your 3ds when they let their guard down.

And if they didn't bring their 3DS'es

whip out your 3ds and then call them homos

Hmm, seems solid
The no homo clause of 1986 does say that one has to prove they're not homo within 10 seconds of being called a hobo. Either they're playing monhun or they're homos.

Just because you're not doesn't mean no one is.

I wish Capcom would stop being buttfuck retarded and just let us play the PC versions in america already

You mean the shitty non-games? Go ahead and play them, they're filth.

lewdroth

>proceed to do the right thing and put the monster down
>in your bed
>in the missionary position
>attempt to procreate with it

>that fucking Astalos + rathian mission in Generations that tells you that the Astalos is courting the rathian and she will probably accept it
>explains the fuck out of all the sub breed raths
>she's a fucking whore and it's fantastic

Out of curiosity, what did gaijinhunter do to make us hate him? I never really watched his stuff myself but I've heard generally good things about his tutorials

He endorses the official translation team and rejects criticism towards their memeization of the script and questionable translation decisions.
He's also acting like some sort of manchild jacking off to prowler mode with an unealthy obsession.

He's essentially acting as a public front and almost as a "middle man" figure for MH in the west so he's starting to play politics so he can perhaps get officially hired at some point.
He's on the shitlist so use alternatives if people ask for tutorials.
For example in terms of weapons tutorials use
Arekkz Gaming, to name one.

He also thinks MHX's Lance nerfs are good, which pretty much makes him the biggest faggot in town.

a-anyone still plays monhun 4 U?

It doesn't help that every time someone posts a room for those games, you fags tell them to go to halfchan because this thread is for "discussing the game" when in reality 2/3 of threads are always shitposting and "which monster wud u fug".

Nice goatee faggot

You must have played monster hunter to post here.

Anybody know why people are picking up mh4u and then forcing themselves into G Rank before even finishing the game? Is it just because they're shitters and need to be carried through quests?

It is what it is.
We've told you before, this thread is for discussion and complaining (mostly complaining).

Active MH hunting communities you will always find a group in are on /vg/, reddit, and so on.
When we tell you this it's not "get the fuck out" (well, we are, but that's beside the point), rather "this is the reality of the situation".
Let's work with what we have and make the best of it.

This has always been the case, some people straight up hate spending time in LR and HR and just want to unlock G Rank to start making sets that actually matter.
There's a marginal degree of justification when some of these people are either making a new character, or have been playing MH games A LOT, you reach the point when you can't mentally handle doing all the low tier and mid tier shit anymore and sweating your ass off making sets that you aren't even gonna use endgame, so you just want to get to G as soon as you can.

To those people i propose a middle ground solution: grab "recommended" rounded pratical mixed sets for LR and HR, just spend the time making those, so you don't end up a COMPLETE shitter online even if you're impatient.
Also additionally, if you can't even be arsed to make decent weapons until you get to G, stick to the HH and buff everyone, you'll at least be slightly more useful than not at all.

that and Holla Forums is probably the worst place for monster hunter.
Regardless of the fact that gen is a piece of shit, even reddit has conversations on damage numbers and strats, here you get the same stale memes like "like don't hit the head with an HH (true in gen because seriously that nerf was really bad, everyone is better at stun than you)" or "GL does more than a GS so I can trip people"

Well, this Holla Forums.
Old Holla Forums used to be the main MH community on the internet, and probably the best community we've ever had on Holla Forums, ever.
MH fans pretty much didn't make the jump to here so we're left with 10 people max (probably because this Holla Forums has a reputation for bitching endlessly, being huge raging spergs and never actually playing video games).

I don't know /mhg/ threads always had their fair share of tripfags and the like.
I mean outside of getting a group going, actual game facts were always a side point.

There is no justification for this.

Are you genuinely retarded? People that don't listen to common sense aren't gonna listen to you either. And likely, they aren't even present.

Congratulations, now you are also responsible for degrading discussion into garbage.

Told ya'll which game is superior.

And here's the other regular that pops in, acts like an asshole to everyone, argues that he's the best GLer in the universe, starts bitching with everyone, and then fucks right off until the next thread.
It's basically one big repeat every thread.

I act like an asshole only towards stupid shit retards say. Not everything people say here is retarded, so no need to shit on them. And yes, I'm not always 100% right.
Not my fault that you are not open to discussion and would rather stick to fallacies while ignoring reasoning.

Why would anyone do this?
Not even for the sake of other people, but to themselves?
One of the most unilaterally pathetic things i've ever seen.

Cats are all gud if you know how to use them and when to use them just like the lackluster HA + Styles system.

I own and play MH4U. She's still a dirty tranny.

You couldn't îdentify the chin spike in what was ostensibly rathian fanart, the most basic of monhun monsters. You have not played monster hunter, plain and fucking simple. Spare yourself the humiliation and cease further baiting.

I identified it right away, and I have a feeling 0840a5 did as well. It's still fucking butt ugly and makes her look like a tranny.

Fun fact: The chin horn is actually a funnel for feeding their young

tfw I opened up my 3DS to fix my r button and when I'd screwed it all back together the sd card won't read my data anymore and I've no idea what's caused this, I didn't even touch the sd card device aside from taking the sd card out so it didn't get trapped in the case when removing it.

400 hours in 4U and 200 hours in X, gone. Like tears in rain.

Every gamers nightmare scenario

Goddamn it m8.
Why didn't ya back it up?
Your the 3rd or 4th user across MHG threads that lost his data due to SD / Micro SD crapping out.

Back your SD card up everyweek
Just copy the whole thing. Twice. Into two separate folders

Honestly I think it's an issue on the ds rather than the sd card.

With each passing hunt in begging to dislike ransoms more and more

After that I decided to just solo the quest. Only fainted once, because my autism went for the shiny before it was safe. Decreased damage aside, I'd expect g-rank players to know these monsters inside & out and not die so easily.

Yeah the 3DS itself would give a notice if the SD card was corrupt or something and if it isn't giving a message whatsoever then the SD port's busted. Those things're finicky.

I've got a 3ds i'm not using, might swap them out and see if it'll work.

Wanna capture a Seregios so I can claim the Guildmarm as my waifu:
MHG
34-9825-9564-6617

That filled up quickly

I made the Silverwind set and upgraded it recently.
Out of curiosity i tested some shit out, since many people here stated that Evasion +2 doesn't stack with Adept.

It's sorta true, and sorta isn't.
Basically what happens is that it doesn't increase the dodge trigger window of adept itself in any way, but it's covering your ass when you MISS the adept dodge window, especially towards the very start of your roll (also the end, but after the Adept window it covers you much less compared to the start).
This, mixed with Evade Extender, more or less makes sure you're either quickly in the right spot for the hitbox to interact with you and trigger Adept, or if you fuck up 5 times out of 10 you'll iframe trough the hit.

Essentially building Evasion +2 on other sets is useless if you use Adept as you're investing too much for minimal returns, but when specifically talking about the Silverwind set, it's a set that works very well with Adept, it's almost entirely designed to synergize with it.
Considering it's native skills, the de facto suggested weapon for it is something with high affinity.
It's basically a set that only does one thing and has to be played a certain way, but does it pretty well, in my opinion.

Will monsters stop oneshotting me if I get G rank armor?

not really, you really just use HR armor because it has much better skill options

G* not HR

How much new "stuff" is there in G3 for me to discover in the game? I've been getting bored lately.

If I'm remembering right G3 doesn't really have much new stuff it's just stuff that is a lot tougher.

what the hell was that rathian ecology video then

a few new introduced monsters, I forget when the horrible awful mechanic is introduced in earnest.
Not a massive amount, mainly different armor.
If you're bored take a break or something, the monster hunter games can be a bit of a slog at times.

raging brachy, molten tiggy, chaos gore, crimson/black/white fatalis, rusted kush. silver and gold rath, akantor and ukanlos that hits like a truck even with g-rank armor. apex monsters.

it's mostly the armor building, you can go a bit crazy with g-rank.

Yeah I was stuck on that fucking Ukanlos forever he is a monster.

>and then realize that it's even harder in multiplayer

MHG, hunting queer rabbits:

59-3350-6034-4420

Definitely man, I've played a bit of MHG but then I went back to MH4U because I never reached G rank and I prefer how polished the game is in comparison.

Fuck Stygian zinogre and fuck his homing dragon projectile.

44-5560-7800-2090
MHG HR Lagiacrus farming

I'm really enjoying MH4U but I've heard Generations has some pretty big issues, is it worth playing anyway or should I just stick to MH4U?

Finish 4G, play X when you're completely done with it to decide for yourself.

Play it yourself and decide.

Fair enough I'll give it a go, I just honestly can't be arsed these days so i go based on the general consensus.

Understandably, but it's up for free at the top of the thread, so I'd say just go ahead and try it when you feel up for it. Personally, I'd recommend finishing 4G first though if you're still enjoying it, there's no pressing need to change. Also, if/when you do try X, I strongly recommend playing the Japanese one, the foreignization was godawful, and some people are convinced they made it easier too.

Wait seriously, what the fuck. I remember the Capcom translation team was pretty decent, I loved some of the gags from 3 Ultimate.

They translated some lines the exact opposite to try and push their "it's OK to be casual anyone telling you to get good at video games is bad" agenda. Also middle school level drug jokes.

but…whhhyyyy?

The worst part is it's still nowhere near as bad as treehouse.

MHG, Desert Brawlers
26-1865-0289-8573

It's not okay to be casual.
Fucking nearly all the Hub quests can be done with or without cat back-up.
The amount of pepole who don't try and don't want to try has risen substantially.

Oh, you must be aiming for the Sakura.

Busted

Such a pain that everyone must host it like an urgent, what a silly design decisions.

fug. im too late to join

Because despite being a large portion if not the entirety of the work of a Western branch of a gaming company, foreignizing Japanese games is often considered to be trivial work and is the "go to" position when the HR manager needs to provide a job for the boss's nephew's roommate with a worthless liberal arts degree.

Only because content wasn't actively removed, and that's assuming they didn't make it Easy Mode like they did with the foreign version of 3G.

They didn't, values aren't changed.

Did people check the code for monster HP? I know player armor wasn't changed this time, but I remember people saying that the later bosses died significantly faster.

I'm still here. We can do Brawlers again, after this Hyper Mizutsune

Oh shit. Is 14 the max number of pages? Is there a way to sell direct from the item box that I'm missing?

MHG, btw

Yep 14 is the max.
I ran into this issue pretty much every single MH game at some point.
All you can do is sell LR shit you don't need and prioritize, there's no other way.

Worst part is, my autism forces me to grab the ammo and coatings because it's a thing and it's free, even though I don't use bows or guns, so I've got a bunch of that shit to sell. At least I can flog those single rounds I made to fill out the combo list

Yeah that's what taking the bulk of your space right there.

Yep. Worst thing is the insect husks, which are useless, but I get stuck in the take all pattern so I have over 999

Oh. Oh no. No, no, no…

3872 insect husks. Welp.

>You don't need 999 flashbombs but i do

Yep. Is there a quicker way to sell insect husks than ten at a time at the Hunters Hub?

Alright, I need some help from experts with this Stygian Zinogre. Gonna be farming him until I can craft the Stygian Acedia. Luckily I already have a skymerald.

MH4U
ID: 43-7744-5228-1680

Sell from box, holy shit you are retarded.

Oh shit i needed to lol hard today.

THIS.
From box menu.

I only saw Buy, Sell and Buy & send to Box at the shop. But thanks, I went through the item box options and found Sell Items under Combine/Manage. Yeah, I'm slightly retarded, but of all the places to fucking put it.

Yeah, I'm just glad it's over

why wouldn't the option to SELL THE THINGS IN YOUR BOX not be under the option to MANAGE YOUR BOX?

I stopped reading the menus about a couple hundred hours ago and just autopilot through them. Yeah, I'm dumb, but I've never needed to access the items in the box outside of Take and Combine as far as I remember.

Fuck.

You know what's even worse? First musou I played, I didn't realise you could hold dodge to break into a run instantly until someone told me, shortly after beating the final boss on hard mode. It felt like fucking Christmas morning when I found out.

You're worse than arin

kill yourself

I got my acedia

Real talk boys. If MH5 is just for the new Nintendo switch (and by the looks of things it might well be), will you get it?

Yes
In a heart beat

It'd have to be literally the only worthwhile game on there for me to worry. Since we get two or three MonHuns per console, it wouldn't be hard to get up to the half a dozen full price games minimum. Or the console could blow up like a Samsung.

But the Switch isn't replacing the 3DS, apparently, and Capcom doesn't want to do MonHun on home consoles, and certainly not exclusively.

Why the fuck are you asking "if MH is on X will you get it?"
The answer is always going to be yes.

Did you forget this series started on sony hardware and when Capcom made the switch the entire fanbase blindly followed without thinking twice?
If MH came out exclusively on the ColecoVision starting tomorrow every single MH fan would get one.
I personally know multiple people that literally quit video games aside MH and only buy hardware to play MH and don't give a single shit about any other game on the system.
And in japan the dedication towards MH is even more extreme.

I have a feeling the 3DS is going to remain being the best way to play 3DS and DS games for a long time.
Wich is fine for me, it means the system will still have value in the future.
I mean you can emulate DS games on PC but it feels like shit aside very slow titles like Ace Attorney and the like.

No. Not if it was the only thing worth getting.

System looks like shit. Not blowing god knows how much on a shit gimmick with guaranteed mandatory peripherals and a revision within two years as per usual.

Gonna slap Hyper Lagiacrus' shit, who wants in?

11-3044-4123-6526

I remember a quote from an interview that said they're working on the successor to the 3DS, so apparently they don't think it's going to die off so quickly. Time will tell, though.

It's the SD card that's fucked it. It's all gone, my pokemon transported all the way from the original Ruby & Sapphire. My saves in Monster Hunter.
I've never felt this soul crushing despair I feel right now.

It can't, it's not portable enough. If they dropped a proper handheld, they'd essentially be giving up on their home market, which despite the fad being that the West is relevant, would amount to suicide. You can't ignore your home market.

Bloody hell. Would be nice to dodge during the dash, at least once. Obviously you don't want to be able to do it infinitely, but it just feels wrong to not have the option.

No, with an evade and a dodge DURING the dash, you'd essentially be immortal.
The dash ensures you have to plan your evade.
Study the monster, if you see him do a combo of multiple attacks, evade the last one, then run in and do what you gotta do.

Deep down you were hoping it was the SD card reader that was borked.
I knew i wasn't paranoid backing up my SD card every week.
Not after all that 140GQ relic roulette.

The feeling of losing everything after all the work you put in is devastating

Out of curiosity, did you use a new SD card or were you using the one the 3DS came equipped with?

It just doesn't feel right to be locked into being so vulnerable. Being to do it once at the cost of not being able to attack wouldn't be too terrible. But mostly I guess I'm salty because it's the second time today I've had the other guy cart twice and I've been hit for the third once I have the monster's undivided attention.

You're doing hyper Lagia, right?
I'll finish jacking off and then i'll help you out in a bit.

Nah, I finished a while back, my 3DS battery died. Thanks, though!

Need a party to kill a Gogmazios in mh4u
13-6753-2147-5156

It's over but the room is still open

Yeah I was.

Using the one that came with the 3DS. I've upgraded to a 32GB Sandisk one now. Hopefully it should serve me well.
I was kinda running out of space anyway. I got the limited edition majoras mask 3DS so I had majoras mask as a digital download which filled up quite a bit of space.

Monster hunter direct scheduled for the 27th
what could it be

Please dont be MHXG, GOTY editions are alredy dying off in the west, this shit would bomb and once again make capcapom think the west doesnt want monster hunter anymore.

NS MonHun? If Nintendo starts rolling out confirmed 3rd party games now they might actually have a plan for a successful advertising campaign.

I hope so, I don't want nintendo to come out with another dud like the wii u and MH on it would certainly help sell units

Probably Monster Hunter 5, it's been just over 2 years now since 4G.

They claimed they're not doing G anymore, so this'll put that to it's first test personally though I want them to not think the West wants Monster Hunter, the last thing I want is them dumbing down the franchise the same as happens every time a series starts getting focused on trying to sell to foreigners.

If they're announcing it now, I highly doubt it's going to be on the Switch, at least as an exclusive, it'd be too far in development for that. Besides, the Switch is guaranteed to bomb unless they release a smaller model to actually be portable (an SS to the DS's LL, perhaps?)

That would be the acid test really - MonHun would be almost guaranteed to make it a success, but if it somehow managed to bomb even with a MonHun announced so soon, that would prove they made a mistake making the machine so big.

Maybe it'll be like how 3U was on the Wii & 3DS simultaneously

I'd be fine with that IF NINTENDO HARDWARE WASN'T FUCKING REGION LOCKED.
If they finally fucking unlock their hardware, then it doesn't matter anymore.

That was an HD port that came out like a year later, so even if that's the case you likely won't see it on the Switch anytime soon.

I'll agree that region locking is bullshit they need to do away with, but at least it's not like you need any other regions since barely anyone outside of Japan makes games for consoles to begin with, and the handful of oddball stuff that does come out like Shantae or Shovel Knight will eventually be piratable anyhow.

So I did what I should've done to begin with and looked at the video link and found this:

Nintendo Switchやスマートフォン向けアプリに関する新しい情報は含まれておりません。

So thankfully has nothing to do with smartphone shit, and it sounds like MonHun 5 (assuming that's what we're getting, since it also mentions there will be age restrictions on the game itself, meaning it's probably the CERO C rated main series instead of something like Airu Village or Stories) will be 3DS.

Yep the things we know are

-Not a Switch title
-3DS title
-Not a spinoff title (it's not Stories etc)

However for anyone thinking this is MH5 on 3DS, consider this: the 3DS is already struggling with Gen and it's added effects for the moves and such, how the fuck will it be able to handle 5 with the current hardware?
Additionally, in every mainline between the starting release and the G re-release it takes around a year, right?
So in a year a shit ton of things might happen and for the G re-release we could see a Switch version at that point.

And in that scenario, if it's like the 3U WiiU port, then the 3DS version remains the best by far, but if it's an actual good port, then the 3DS version will be gimped.
Still, i'm positive they'll allow save transfer in that scenario like they did for 3U, so playing it on 3DS first might not be a bad investment at all.

By Gen you mean Cross? 5 probably won't feature Hunting Skills or Styles, so that won't be an issue, graphics will probably just be along the lines of 4 most likely.

Gen isn't 30fps because of HS or styles.

It's 30fps because of the added effects on weapons and pretty much everything else, it experienced a quite significant graphical boost especially in terms of effects.

except the textures took a huge hit expecially for N3DS compared to 4U

Yeah, they toned some shit down, allocated the resources towards other things, again, ESPECIALLY the effects.
The end result is that they couldn't get 60 fps with the added effects, so they had to go 30.

My question is this:

In the history of video games, there's not a single customer base that has seen a video game series have more shit in it visually, and then revert back to a simpler look, and reacted like "yeah sure, i'm ok with this".
So if MH5 continues on 3DS, and they can't push the Gen visual effects, what they fuck are they gonna do?
If they revert back to 4 visually they're gonna get a huge amount of complains.

The civ games for a more recent example.
Civ 6 looks remarkably worse than civ 5

is there a strong art style to hide that fact?

Ya i fucking notice the dropped frames and it pisses me off.

I bought the new 3DS XL and MH4U ran like quicksilver.

MHG on NEW 3DS is running like MH4U on my old 3ds XL.
At least it looks pretty?

Fucking decide Capcom

Can some moonrunes master or someone that has done it explain what i need to do on this quest?
Very enjoyable game

You apparently to need to ask the "Otomon Exploration Team" to do something, and while waiting work on subquests. Does it get better? I'm about 3 hours in and it's so godawful

By subquests does that mean the board quests (some are repeatable) or the NPC quests?
Lots of grind, but once you start rolling down bosses it feels great

Probably both, there might be specific ones that pop up at that point that they might want you to do most likely.

Fair enough, I might pick it up again soon

I'm addicted to high grade earplugs. I can't even look at another set if it doesn't have them. If I do I'm just bitterly reminded of the time two Khezu took turns screaming while the other one violated me and all the times a rathalos scream led to a getting hit by a fireball.

Am I overreacting, or is this legitimately the best skill?

It's pretty incredible when you're near the end of your first game you get all those free hits and you don't get stopped by roars which is just annoying in most cases. It passes though and you start appreciating skills that let you just be way more aggressive and deal more damage. Hell you may even learn to dodge through rolls.

Having a hard time rolling through them, but diving has always been an option. I guess I'll try to learn how to do that with my evasion +1 and then replace my hearing jewels with something else.

There's no shame in it if you like it keep it I just found me and my hunting group were all about it in MH3U. However we all strived for it at the end 4U but just found stuff we liked better.

If you've got a weapon with block capabilities you can also block roars, though it counts as a pretty heavy hit.

Gen deserved to die, I still go back to 4. I even still hop back onto 3 sometimes.

I just want my fucking Loc Lac City back. The multiplayer lobby for gen makes me want to fucking fall asleep.

Monster Hunter 5 will officially be titled Monster Hunter Vi.

Screencap this post because there's absolutely no doubt with the fancy names nips like to come up with and doing it prior with Tri. It just makes sense.

Haven't even tried to get Gen after everything else I've heard, but 3U and 4U's were comfy as fuck. How is making you feel sleepy bad?

Does it just look and sound shitty?

First of all the only thing you can really do in the lobby is eat. There's no arm wrestling. Second of all the lighting is a bright morning setting that is painful on the eyes in the night, and then the cherry ontop is that the lobby music is mix of relaxing and annoying with the pan flute playing in the background.

You want to know the worst part? You can't even go visit the other villages while still being online. So you can't even go chill at Pokke while waiting for others to come into the lobby. It's fucking terrible.

Oh right. Also that hub music is the ONLY song that plays in the fucking HUBDSG:LJDG:LKSDJG:LDSGSH. Atleast the previous fucking games had the decency to play different tunes so it didn't get too monotonous. Compare that piece to this one, with an ambient wind and rustling sounds in the background playing and a night sky. It doesn't even compare.

Wow, this is monotonous shit.

What if someone mods the effects to be fully transparent pngs?
I mean you can already mod textures, why not trying to remove the useless graphic "enhanchements" for performance sake?

Gods, even just the image of being under the ocean makes me shiver.

I hate fighting Ceadeus so much I don't know how I ever succeeded from crippling fear of the sea alone. Let alone why I love Wind Waker so much.

Making that a fixed lobby instead of letting you open a lobby in any of the village's gathering spots was an insanely wasted opportunity. I miss the comfiness of Yukumo Village so much.

>mfw when charging on a fallen monster in full sharpness and leaving with red sharpness after the monster stood up while I'm still charging

Woah
This guy is literally fugging monster in game

4 Ultimate is always in my 3DS and still gets booted for 140 Teo.
I still want the best relic GS i can get.
>2 Spaniards and a Frenchie join room is doomed

I don't fucking get it, picklemonster decided to go full troll this hunt for absolutely no reason.

Anyone wanna farm HR Seregios in Generations?

Room: 27-2602-4490-6635

So, just started 4U (instead of Gen, on the advice of a friend) after having fun dicking around in emulated MH1 and FU, and currently on HR 2.
How do I spook away the HR 999 autists and cheaters besides just kicking them as soon as they join?
Do I need actual friends to play with for an experience that's not just a race to G rank with free dosh and materials for everyone?
'Cause the only person I've been able to get to play is a faggot that instantly picked Gunlance because of FF8, tri-carted to Great Jaggi, then quit and hasn't played since.
I just want to have fun and git gud, /mhg/.

Could get a high level HR guy to just make some low rank armour and weapons for the lower ranked quests. I'd say, "someone could always just make a new character to play with you," but 4U has to deal with the wystones shit for single player and that's a chore to do over again. Ironically 4U is the better game over generations, but generations is slightly better for making a new character with since there isn't a wystones requirement later on in the game that requires you to play single player over again. Worst I could think of for gen would be the hayabusa feather, and that charm farming quest (which you can still join other players doing that quest so it's sort of a moot point).

Is it wrong that I hoped LS allowed you to go Vergil on Jaggis when I first saw the weapon type?

Yeah.
When it comes to MH multiplayer, the games are specifically designed around you having a group of people you're stable with that can hunt with you (and are semi-competent).
This is because such a scenario is common in japan.
Any other method will always be wonky, randoms will always fuck you over.

With Gen we're sorta getting there.
Sakura Slash multi-hits after your hit, you see slashes hitting the target multiple times as you come out the other side.

But in terms of gameplay, LS in Gen is gravitating towards stiff, vertical slashes, samurai-style, as opposed to animu multi-slash, using Adept.
Frankly Adept LS is the single best use of Adept in the entire game and pretty much fixes LS completely, i honestly hope styles stay in just for the Adept LS combo, it's absolutely perfect and finally doesn't fuck up people hunting with you online, when used correctly it's 90% vertical slashes that don't bother anyone anymore and allow you to focus your damage with more precision while avoiding getting hit at the same time.

Nah, the game's much more fun solo.

It's nice that you aren't constantly cutting everyone else's feet off at the ankles while attacking, but the range of the dodge counter is too small; 90% of the time the monster will just step to the side and completely avoid it, or you'll get wombo comboed by a followup attack while dashing towards them.
Also, because the counter is the only way to power up the spirit gauge, maximizing your damage is completely predicated on the monster providing a steady supply of attacks for you to dodge, which it won't be if it's tired, paralyzed, trapped, asleep, or focusing on someone else.

Well, you gotta get gud.
I mean i know it's the answer to basically anything in MH, but it's the simple truth in this case, even BEFORE you're about to adept dodge and then run in an counter, you have to learn the monster attack patterns and "read" what he's doing as you're running in.
It's best to dodge and then run in and counter on moves where you know the monster will either stay still, or adjust himself turning around (especially the second one, you will ALWAYS get them if you know they're gonna reajust themselves, it's just enough time to run in, counter, roll to the side so you're safe).

That's because it's a trick.
The game makes you THINK it's the only way, but what you're supposed to actually do is take Sakura Slash with you at all times when going Adept LS, and use it to keep your spirit gauge to yellow and red at all times.
Trust me, you will never, ever find yourself in a situation where you're desparate for the monster to attack you in order to keep on the ofensive, it allows you to keep attacking and once SS is ready, go in, do damage, and level up your spirit just fine.
And, also to do extra damage when you have huge openings.

I'd go as far as to say that Adept LS is completely intended to be played with Sakura Slash as your HH and it's basically obligatory for this combo.

Can someone please give me this with better resolution?

Fabuchs needs more subscribers, he deserves it. Loved his System Shock videos.

3 was the comfiest MH

I might have given you 3, but 4?

It's a dick measuring contest, it doesn't have to follow logic.
Look mom, i've soloed the original MH on PS2 day one, every other MH game is shit, this thread is OG only you little bitches, am i cool yet?

Anyone up for farming Kirin?

MHG 06-5112-5796-7617

The first one was neat, I kinda miss it.

There used to be a bunch of people here who said mounting ruined the game don't know if they're still here.

I personally think it's overpowered, but I never get tired of that interaction.

I reallt think its subjective based on weapon choice and other factors. I played a shit ton on gunlance in FU, but after transitioning, i cant play gunlance, atleast with guild, because of that fucking slam they added to the end of the combo. It feels way too awkward to play gunlance with the slam.
FU>GEN>3U and i havent played the rest alot.

Poke poke, dodge, keep dodging and repositioning after pokes.
The slam and then full shelling is nice actually (as long as there aren't people around you can fuck up, in that case don't do it).

I'm also a fellow GLer from FU back in the day, admittedly i dropped it in 3U for SA, then mained SA all the way to Gen where i switched to LS (since it's finally fixed in Gen).
So i'm not that up to date on GL right now, but it's not impossible to adapt, the slam isn't as big of a deal as you think it is, you can get used to it and make it work to your advantage.

Frankly GL will always have a special place in my heart, even if i don't main it anymore.
It's like riding a bike, as soon as you have that fucking thing back in your hand and you reload your shells and you hear that familiar sexy as fuck sound it all comes rushing back in your head, no other weapon in this series gives you such a strong sense of satisfaction and feeling like you're operator as fuck when used correctly.

DOUBLE
CROSS

My smugness cannot be contained.
I'll smugpost for a fucking year starting now.

I guess it's time for me to move on from Big Guy Edition to Dos Equis Edition

Good, I'm glad they are just completely saying fuck balance and going the stupidest way possible to run the franchise into the ground.

Also just to get this out of the way immediately before rumors and shitposting starts to pop up:

Yes, you can import your MHX save into MHXX and it picks up from where you left off.
So in case of a western release your Gen data will also be compatible with DoubleTripleXXXGen or whatever they're gonna call it.

only retards whine about styles, shit is fun as fuck and you still can use guild

There are legitimate complaints with styles though.
Like with every single weapon with 2 exceptions 1 style is just "the best" with every other style being shit comparatively.

my fucking sides

Styles just need polish, that's a reasonable request.
Demanding them to straight up be removed from the game is, and will always be retarded tho.

Oh yeah remember THAT bullshit?
Remember the guy that every single thread said "Capcom is done with MHX guys, it was just an one off".
I wonder how fucking stupid that guy feels right now.

To be fair they did say that literally every press release that there wasn't going to be a G-rank version.

Also styles need more than just polish, they need actual thought put into them, which capcom seems unable to do. They completely forgot LBG/HBG exist, Gave HH a useless mechanic.
Like there was a lot they broke with Gen/X and it seems like they're just doubling down because… well it's capcom they can't make a good choice recently.

also
so I'm expecting 20 fps with drops

Why are you starting to pull shit out of your ass for no reason?
The game looks exactly the same as MHX visually, it just has G rank and more styles now, there's no visual differences in how the game looks.

I don't even know what to say about this series anymore aside from ==:^)==

I really didn't expect things to end up like this farming honey for hours in gen 1 a decade ago

you're kidding right? They amp'd up the blur and near character effects something fierce.

It's just the shitty ass 3DS resolution being stretched, genius.

By the way one of the new styles involves bombs.
Sothe GL guy that totally doesn't blow people all over the place and gets kicked from every group will now start to claim that it's the best style in the game and everyone else just needs to get gud, i'm sure.

no, I mean look at the charge effects on the GS and near character effects, they're more detailed.

Also yeah, I'm totally ready for that, also >adding in frontier monsters

Let's talk about something we can all agree on:

Diablos is back and he can go fuck himself.
He's completely unfun to fight, always has been, and he's a gigantic fucking cunt nobody likes.

He's not too bad with HGE

Diablos was great to fight in big guy.
At least considering that was my first monster hunter he was very fun.

I always found it terrible.
His hitboxes are always fucked no matter what game he's in, his moves are annoying and 90% of them send you flying and spending time to recover, his tail is annoyingly high up and hard to reach for some weapons, his entire design is everything unfun about any other monster condensed into a single entity.

Ah I was using switch axe + evade extender so I guess I didn't suffer an inability to hit the tail or getting constantly hit by his moves.

Yeah that's literally among the best ways to handle him so it makes sense you'd be less annoyed.

so i hacked my 3ds and got monster hunter generations
this game is amazing and aerial longsword is fun

How do I play Dos Equis if I can't into Nipponese?

It's reasonable to say we'll get a western release around one year after the japanese release.
If you're playing Gen, keep playing it and upgrade all your shit because your savegame will be able to be imported.

No, playing 4U
It's just that I've heard X > G

The translation is wonky but content wise it's the same game, makes no difference.
If you're seasoned with MH games you'll skip 90% of the dialog anyway.

I'm slightly mad as I only put money down on Gen upon the word that there would be on GenU so it would be pointless to wait for it.

And now here we are with GenU.
I feel like I've been tricked into buying the beta product whilst the rest of the actual product was developed and now I'll be expected to pay twice for the same game, only now it's finished.

So there aren't any jap only weapons like in 4U?

hack your 3ds and get dos equis for free

You mean DLC stuff?
Yeah, i think there will always be DLC that can't get ported to the west due to copyright reasons, but otherwise so far they're trying to bring most DLC to the west each month, they're doing a pretty decent job with that.

The main problem is that with MH some of the DLC weapons/armor are manga and anime tie-ins and they're not always simple to bring over to the west, they have to deal with who owns the rights to what every time they need to bring that shit over.

I would've been mad if they didn't let us import our saves.
But since they do, i'm ok with it, the only thing i give a shit about is not having to start all over again.

I wonder if Double Cross will get a switch version? March is around the launch for that.

Either way I'm getting this shit. Fuck yeah!

Yes, it's likely, probably with the western version.

However here's the catch: when they did this shit with 3U, the WiiU version of 3U was by far the worst version, with input lag and being generally speaking a rush port.
So i strongly suggest everyone thinking "i'm gonna buy a switch immediately" to hold onto their 3DS.
Be patient, there's a strong possibility that if there is a switch port, it might be shit.

If there's a Switch version (and the damn thing is region free) I'll get one and just pirate the 3DS version. Win-win.

DOUBLE CROSS TRAILER

I was just funposting.
Of course FU and 4U are both equally great games.

You have all right to be smug.

How are his hitboxes fucked?
Honestly, what really pisses me off is the amount of time he fucking spends underground.

C'mon, when he's rushing fowards his hitbox becomes a GIANT FUCKING RECTANGLE THAT EXTENDS IN ALL DIRECTIONS INFINITELY.
When he's doing his stupid ass can can dance fowards his entire bodymass magically doubles in size in terms of hitbox.

When Black Diablos does her stupid fucking "peekaboo" move coming out from underground in 3U they actually ARTIFICIALLY SPED UP HER ANIMATION.
YOU CAN FUCKING SEE IT, the animation isn't supposed to play that fast but they sped it the fuck up, it's fast fowarded because apparently she has to be the biggest cunt on this goddamn planet and come out literally at the speed of light motherfucking carting you from across the map.
Words can't describe how much i despise los and blos, fuck em seriously.

Slowpoke.

Fucking thank you. I almost resent the monster himself even though I like his design enough and he has neat looking armor.

It's that fucking tail that I hate the most.

I'm pretty sure Monoblos has a somewhat different moveset.

Also looks better in my opinion.

Worst fucking monster to pick as flagship.

Wait, so there is a G version coming out?

I don't care much about the hitboxes being bullshit , but I agree with the speed. It is fucking stupid. I have never had an issue with the speed of my moves in the series. Something you need to learn is when you have a big enough opening not only to attack, but also to retreat and sheathe and/or use items. It is balanced in a fashion because monsters have slow/large animations just as you do. If it takes you several seconds to recover health drinking a potion, so does it take several seconds for the mon to get out its hipcheck animation.

But not with fucking diablos. The goddanm fucker buries itself AND comes out of the ground beneath your feet in roughly the same time it takes you to sheathe your weapon and start running elsewhere.

It doesn't have a "G" in the name, but it has G ranks, so yes

The fucking liars, I got my friends into the shit version. Do they ever have a way to transfer progress? Otherwise i'm doing this one alone.

Just Diablos? Fucking why?

Why do Nips like him so much? It makes no sense with the far better variety out there.

I don't speak moon, so I don't know how much you can do with the X save. But it mentioned something about X and MHStories saves being used. I don't know if it is only to get exclusive content or you get to transfer your character.

I think there are two flagships. Unnamed new wyvern and Special-Diablos with a third small horn.

Here is hoping they ditch it if released overseas, just like Brachy was 3G's flagship in Japan and 3U had Azure Rathalos instead

We can confirm that you can import your save?

I think even out of touch dumbasses in the west would know to go with the newer "cooler" one to market.

It was mentioned in the Direct that you can transfer your save data.

Frontier monsters? What now?

Monoblos was worse, and White Monoblos even moreso.

Woah man, that's awesome; that means we can just hit the ground running with G-Rank shit basically, yeah? Or would we still have to do allll those fucking keyquests to rank up again and just keep our items/zenny/armor/weapons?

OH THANK GOD
I finally got a decent charm, the one thing it hate the most in mh games is charm hunting
would be a waste to be forced to restart

Well, Gen stops at HR so it means you'll start with your (high end) HR equipment and you'll be able to start working on upgrading it to G-Rank.
As for quests, i have no idea.
Thinking about it, this will be interesting for Deviant equipment.
Does that mean Deviant sets will have 20 missions, instead of 10?

Are you guys ready to literally grab a gun and eat a fucking bullet?
Because that's what doing deviant XX quests, especially online with retards, will basically feel like.
I am really not looking foward to it at all yet i know i'll still do it because i have terminal autism.

Why was Monoblos worse? I remember actually enjoying my story fight with him with a tense struggle all the way to him being ready for capture.

When I really love a monster or it gives me a great challenge, I can't bring myself to kill it if I can capture it instead.

With G-rank, we won't need shitty deviant sets anymore.

Maybe they'll even fix the skills for the regular armour sets. Elemental aligned sets should give an elemental damage bonus like they used to.

You don't understand why deviant sets exist.
A deviant set is a specialized set with no slots that trades versatility with ease of use and overspecialization.
They're sets for doing one thing, but doing it well with minimal mats investment (or rather, by the time you upgrade a piece you've got plenty of mats for it so it's a non-issue) and instead it makes you invest time in the quests.
These sets are designed for people that absolutely despise clownsuiting and mixed sets and want to stick to a single aestetically cohesive set as much as possible.

So, even without being part of the MH team myself, i can tell you the logical progression of Deviant sets in G rank.
They'll add another skill, and/or another "combined" "soul of" skill, that won't unlock until your entire set is level 16.
And then you just upgrade their defense normally till XX.

If XX quests are insanely balls to the walls almost impossible hard, they might even add one last single bonus skill that unlocks once the entire set is level 20, but that might be pushing it.

What are you smoking?
The deviant sets were much worse compared to clownsuits if you want actual good armor sets.
Seriously the skills they give a majority of the time are random grab bags useless unless you want to play a very specific bad way.

I thought they were built for clownsuiting? That fag Gaijinhunter got a pretty good set of skills by using mixed deviants, when the full set would have given him jack shit.

You got the wrong end of post m8.
In what interpretation of my post do you see as salt?

But didn't Capcom say themselves that there wouldn't be a G?

I guess you could say we were double crossed

No.
I mean you can clownsuit using them but they're designed to be used as a single overall set.

I've been meaning to make that joke for hours but i didn't feel like being called a huge snarky cunt.
Thank you for taking the bullet for me, Carlos.

What part says you're not?

Am i the only one to love the Blos family and happy they are back with a kick?
I'm also glad they brought Barroth back.
Something about charging brute wiverns is so magic for me.

We have tons of charging monsters that are way more fun to fight than blos.

how the fuck am i supposed to use the fucking greatsword? If i charge the monster will just run away or send me into space, if i don't charge it doesn't matter since it's slow as fuck anyway and i get stuck on the animation unable to dodge. If i time my charge trying to predict them it doesn't matter because hitboxes are shit and i can get hit by a physical attack before monsters are even in the range of the sword. Also aerials are shit on anything but a fucking wall since when you jump into a monster you just go right through it and hit the ground on the way down.
Every single one of those fucking dinosaur monsters are retarded as fuck too , i can't hit them because they will run at the speed of light in my direction and i can only dodge or block, and then when the year long animation ends it's already doing the same fucking thing again

how the fuck am i supposed to use the fucking greatsword? If i charge the monster will just run away or send me into space, if i don't charge it doesn't matter since it's slow as fuck anyway and i get stuck on the animation unable to dodge. If i time my charge trying to predict them it doesn't matter because hitboxes are shit and i can get hit by a physical attack before monsters are even in the range of the sword. Also aerials are shit on anything but a fucking wall since when you jump into a monster you just go right through it and hit the ground on the way down.
Every single one of those fucking dinosaur monsters are retarded as fuck too , i can't hit them because they will run at the speed of light in my direction and i can only dodge or block, and then when the year long animation ends it's already doing the same fucking thing again

gee thanks Holla Forums
also the newfag weapons can't penetrate any of the fucking tier 1 monsters what the dicks, like shit i get they're meant to be weak but can they at least fucking do damage

You don't get the importance of the Blos, withouth them around sonic bombs are virtually useless.
It's just another rathalos in terms of difficulty.
Also, as a Hammer weilder, they were the only ones giving me a challenge breaking their head, along with the Rajang, and so they all are my favourite mons.

gitgud faggot

This is a question asked by many young hunters during the history of MH.
The answer, as it was back then and still is now, is in this video.

you are supposed to learn the monster and predict how it will move to use the greatsword effectively
also for aerial style try aerial switchaxe or get good

Btw jokes aside aerial GS is literally one of the easiest combinations in the entire game.
All you have to do is correct the camera by re-locking when you're jumping off the monster so your attack is correctly aiming for it.
That's it.

Where did the time go?

During the lifetime of this series i've interacted with people that used to be the majority on imageboards and are now either extinct, or hated by the new majority.
People got married, finished school, got a job, or even died of old age or other factors if they were already kinda old.
I saw this series grow from an incredibly niche little game that was relevant essentially only in japan to one of Capcom biggest and most important IPs, known at least on a superficial level by everyone and their mothers.

If you think about it all for two seconds it's pretty unsettling.

oh wow so "gitting gud" in this game is holding the charge key hoping the spot you picked to do it in based on fighting the same monster 100 times and googling for it's hitboxes because again, hitboxes are completely unrelated to the monster's model is the right one since the monster can still go to a completely different place or do nothing and since it doesn't have only a single move on it's move pool? capcom can't be trusted with video games

It's literally just finding an opening and hitting the monster. You're just retarded sorry buddy.

It's kind of a rinse and repeat process. Once you fight the monsters more you can start predicting.

No, it's learning the patterns until you have a 90% knowledge that the spot you're gonna unleash your hit on is precisely where you want to hit.
There's no guesswork (or rather, it's minimal, more like a reasonable margin of error).
Pratice, pratice, pratice.
Learn the patterns until you can predict them.

This isn't just for GS, this applies to any weapon, LEARN WHAT YOU ARE HUNTING.
You're wasting more time bitching here when you could be playing the game right now learning the monsters.
It's a passive process, you'll learn before you even realize it and it'll all click in your head.

user, please don't go there.

Git gud

I did.
it's not worth it
fucking run you idiot

Lol you kidding me?
I play mh with my gf, she's perfect.

it doesn't last
you'll realize it in time

shit they went into damage control i'm right

Stop honoring the retard. It took my five quests with gs for me to realize I should have it sheathed most of the time and the only movement I should go with out is rolling. If he can't figure out the most basic move set then he's a lost cause

Humoring*

We've heard it all before, kid.
You're not the first, and you won't be the last.

You mean scalies. Wyverns are the only thing worth fugging.

Unsage

I keep thinking, what would sticking your dick into a Mizutsune's tail feel like?
Would it just feel ticklish, or would it feel like sticking your dick inside an active car wash, essentially grinding it down until there's nothing left but a stump?

These are the important questions in life, people.

MHG, hunting shit round robin:

52-3084-9431-7107

Hype Zamtrios first

Does this exist in a better resolution and if so, can I please have it?

Why not both? Amazing when not enraged, dick polisher when enraged.

MHG, 7 star keys

09-7711-3822-0066

The thing I hate is that you can't use a flash on them when they're running anymore, the running animation takes priority over all over interupts.

You sound like one of my friends.

He always quits MH around HR.

Good thing I skipped Gen.

Got some spaces opened up

Wat

Guess I should pick up MHX again to get weapons and shit ready for XX.

I'm really curious about 5 now though. Maybe it really will be a Switch title? The timing on XX is rather odd, since it's about three months longer a gap than was between 4 and 4G, which makes me wonder if they really didn't intend to make an expanded version, but then greenlighted it after both the INSANE sale numbers X made and decided to use that as the 3DS title and move 5's development to Switch. Either way Street Fighter fans better prepare for SF5 Hyper Turbo Deluxe World Tournament Edition, because the same conference call where they claimed "no more G versions of MonHun" is the same where they claimed no more of those for SF.

When a Rath or some other monster flies away, there ain't shit you can do to stop it. It essentially gets hyper-armour.

I miss being able to bully a monster so hard it can't leave the area.

Keep in mind your damage during the escape animation still counts towards overall damage, even if it doesn't flinch the monster.
So in short, go to fucking town just like you would otherwise.

Does anyone still play straight MHX here? Yes? No?

Also, would anyone happen to have a QR code for Monster Hunter Stories?

There's a guy posting rooms right here.
RIGHT HERE:

He posts rooms almost every goddamn night and they always fill up quickly.
Like pay attention and read the thread before asking, jesus christ.

Oh whoops, my bad, you mean X, not Gen.
Then you have to ask around, there used to be a guy that always posted X rooms but he acted like a gigantic cunt so nobody joined his rooms and eventually he gave up.

Yeah, I actually own a copy of MHX - and although I got a review copy of MHG I'm too lazy to transfer my saves over. That, and I kinda don't want to now considering I'll be able to transfer my save to MHXX when it releases.

I'm probably going to start it up again soon, to get ready for XX. This QR should work

I can't imagine there'd be a reason to transfer to the foreign version, since you'd just be cutting yourself out of DLC and losing the ability to play multiplayer. Plus like we now know, XX in March.

Apparently all the DLC from MHX is actually not X'd out in MHG, so I actually wouldn't be missing DLC. Plus it's not like I'd miss out on being able to play on MHX with my old save.

Thanks for the QR code. My Japanese is alright, a lot better than this time last year, but MHStories should be good practice regardless since it has furigana.

Shouldn't be too tough yeah, though the game itself is really subpar, due to being literal Janken combat

The animations look fun, so eh. I'll probably like it regardless.

I'm not expecting it to be 10/10 GOAT, just a good time-waster.

If you're looking for something cute and mindless, then yeah you should have a good time I just spent the whole time playing wishing we could get a Sekaiju no MeiQ style dungeon crawler for MonHun

That reminds me - is EOV good? I heard that the OST is kinda shit, but I'm sure the synth arrange will be good.

Actually, sorry, you're used to the original names.

Is Sekaiju no MeiQ5 good?

I had fun with it from what I played of it, interesting thing they're doing with the race/class split, but I put it on hold until they release the DLC for the real music, since the version the game ships with is… while not bad per se, not as good as proper PC-88 music. Compare the battle themes:

Real theme: youtube.com/watch?v=3y-6ZvVFtvg

Theme the game ships with: youtube.com/watch?v=R2ebTbll888

Let's talk about "bomb style".

Do you think it will require you to carry physical bombs with you at all times?
Or is the advantage the fact that it's going to be a sort of passive skill tied to the style itself?
Like you can just "make" bombs out of thin air now to attack?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how incredibly aggravating will the style be when playing online with other people?

fuck lagiacrus btw.

Friendly reminder don't forget your weekly SD card backup.

May or may not broaden the horizons of what carryable bombs are capable of, probably offers benefits to blast-element weapons or things like a grenade-launcher for bowguns

I don't have much of a problem with him, but I started with Tri, then 3U, so not having a water phase and being able to cheese his shit with Adept trivialises him.

A thought occurs, if you had, say, four aerial SnS users geared up for paralysis and easier mounting, would it be possible to completely lockdown a monster once it's mounted or trapped once?

I find I have to watch that if I'm trying to catch a monster, it can be essentially dead so a palico or a kinsect strike can kill it. Entrance animations are covered, too, you can beat seven shades out of a Popo as it walks in, then once it reaches the end of its animation, a kinsect will kill it.

Would be interesting to see that problem solved a bit more creatively, like maybe you can still smack fleeing LR monsters around, but HR and G will take a flying leap to the exit. Though this is mostly a thing for limping monsters, so not being able to smack them around a bit is a bit odd, honestly.

Something that's bothered me for a while is how do you manipulate monsters to eat poison, drugged or tainted meat?

I can't figure out how to make it happen, and it just seems to be a dice roll if the monster will even take an interest in the meat.

Yeah, that's actually true.

Frankly i'd like something that MAKES SURE everyone in the hunting group is 100% aware that a monster is ready to be captured.
I swear to god a couple of days ago i've had a hunt where it was 4 of us, it was an obligatory capture hunt, we get the fucker to limp, 3 of us take a step back, 1 traps, and then we start to ping.
And the last fucking guy just wouldn't stop.
Pretty sure we smashed that fucking ping button until our 3DS were pulverized and he just didn't give a shit, we captured the monster out of sheer luck, but him shifting it's attention and sleeping it as fast as we possibly could before that fucking retard would kill it.

He couldn't hear the ping, nor see it on the goddamn map, and i'm talking 3 people pinging non stop.
What the fuck is wrong with some of the people playing this game.
We need some kind of big ass yellow road sign with "CAUTION STOP PUSHING IT'S SHIT IN RETARD FALL BACK" in big black bold letters or something.

1-Drain their stamina, make them tired and hungry (they'll start to drool)
2-They won't eat it if they're enraged (or at least it's much less likely, i'm not 100% sure they'll never eat it while enraged)

Don't a lot of monsters also not eat meat that they see a hunter put down except for Jho of course.

No idea about that, but i'm thinking probably not.
I've seen some monsters looking directly at me while i was placing down the meat, and then eat it shortly after, however i remember mostly Jho doing it.
But i'm pretty sure i saw plenty of speedrun videos where peole put down meat and the monster can clearly see them and it doesn't change anything, they eat it up.
Maybe there's a hidden "timer" and after some time they just forget and eat the meat.

Why was this game even released in this condition? I'm sure I noticed an occasional spelling error elsewhere too between spamming buttons to skip the dreary text.

I played though all the story in X so I missed most of the text in the game but I can't see it being worse than AA5. I suck at noticing that stuff and even I noticed it to the point that I thought it was really bad in AA5.

Fuck I'm just trying to finish these deviant sets and next to nobody hosts them for a), and b), every time I help out and get close to the level I need the faggot hosts keep quitting and every other cocksucker in the lobby follows suit. Worse still if I want to host myself I have to do all the lower ranks just to get to the one I need and nobody joins or HR8+ retards do with no skills active and shit defense so I might as well be shopping because there's carts everywhere.

I'm sure gonna be thrilled when doublecross is localized over here and 90% of G-rank is littered with gathering quests that don't count towards completion unless YOU post them yourself. Fun times doing a gather white liver and slay 50 bugs 2-3 times per lobby.

Whatever at least the frenchies I run into are getting better if anybody is willing to believe that.

Typically the guy who does the translation, and the guy who does the spellcheck and editing to make sure all the text reads right are different people. I'd assume the later guy isn't decent at the job. Doesn't particularly have to be either, considering he's probably not payed all too much.

The US version was written by people more interested in shitting on the fanbase, shilling for YouTube ecelebs, and putting drug jokes in to bother with intellectual elitist bullshit like "proper spelling and grammar" and who'd probably to tell you to "check your educated-beyond-middle-school privilege"

New thread