War of the low end cards

I enjoy those pricing wars that are going now

For Nvidia's latest Pascal GPUs we're seeing a minor process shrink from 16nm down to 14nm FinFET, offering improved performance and power efficiency. Considering the GTX 1050's placement at the bottom of the GTX 10 Series family however, it promises to offer some very capable gaming performance. Nvidia claim it can achieve 60 FPS in the biggest titles like GTA 5, Overwatch and Gears of War 4, provided you're prepared to opt for a mixture of Medium/High graphics settings.

A few years ago a entry level gaming card (low end is below 100 bucks and can't run games) could easily run previously released games at high to maximum settings. Few years before that, they just sold the previous GPU gen for a nice price, which could accomplish that task too.
So now a current GPU release priced above 100 bucks can't run a 2013 port like GTA V at high settings?
That's pretty bad.
But thanks to the new cheaper PS4, there is no need for nJewia Gimpworks, Vulkan, Botnet10 and DirectX12.
Go fuck yourself, nVidia!

Pass.

I would call those multi media cards instead.

in comments people are pissed at the release frequency of new cards, cant wait for the salt when they will discover how nvidia gimps older cards

I actually need a whole new system because my old one had various problems with various pieces of the kit. I feel like a completely new pc would not go amiss as some of the parts are fairly old now.

Been looking on reddit I KNOW in b4 leddit pcmasterrace/builds and the end all has my interest piqued because I really want something that will last at least just under a decade or so.

I've had nvidia cards before and I know that the support for them can be very good. Is it going to be worthwhile going for the Amd card or paying the extra for the nvidia?

mine lasted this long but it was imho just because of extremely long cycle of 7th gen consoles

also AMDs stepped up the game a lot in recent years they are still lacking a bit behind nvidia since nvidia works really closely with devs but its not anywhere close to drivers memes as it used to be

It's been 4 years.

Is there a poverty card out there that will make the Witcher 3 look pretty on my toaster?

The comic would be better without the text on the second and third panels

Try 6 years with my with 430 GTX, and fuck jewvidia, keep dropping frames when it comes to smoke particles.

What's the point of buying one graphics card per worthwhile PC game?
(Witcher 3 looks darn good on PS4 Slim.)

Fuck off shill

If you're thinking about this then at least go for the 1050 Ti. Just for an extra 40 you get something better.

seems low ends can run it high/medium 30fps but if you say toaster I think you would need both cpu and rams as well

you can 30fps1080p it much cheaper on PC

Contemplating if I should go for Nvidia or AMD this Christmas when they release their budget ready bullshit, but waiting because I don't want to get jewed and modern triple A games are shit.

Tell me, what is the point of a card, which "performs better than the console", when the PC releases are performing like shit?

You mean 15-20 fps with nVidia Gimpworks.

An for another 60 you get something really good.
And for another…

but he is right. why dont you wait a bit more and save up for something better?

Depends on what framerate and resolution you want it to run at.
Witcher 3 runs at around 30 fps at 1376x768 resolution on default settings on my 750ti

there is option to turn nvidia works, most people do that since it also gimps nvidiads

yeah this
not many good games to play anyway

The PS4 version actually has a lot of shit gimped from the PC version. I remember seeing a comparision of someone running the game on a PC made with the price of a PS4 on launch vs on the PS4 and not only did the PC version perform better, it straight up had more NPCs on screen at a time.

My guess is user is going through the sunken cost fallacy, which in a sense he's right, I don't think paying for top of the line experimental card is a good idea, nor do I think that changing GPU every year due to buying bargain bin low end cards is a sound investement, rather than thinking "hey for 60+ dollardidoos I get a new tier of cards (probably requiring a new tier of PSU or MoBo as well) it's better to just see what's best on the bangs for bucks graph and build around it.

Im still using a gtx 750 and going fine. What would be a sensible upgrade though?

rx460 or 1050ti

My 960 runs it very well at 60fps with some minor infrequent drops into 50fps while still looking good, if not better, than consoles. Because I can actually play it at 1080p :^)

Sometimes I wonder what the point of these ultra-budget cards are.

daily reminder that the last GPUs in this area were the fucking GT750 and R7 250

My 760 and i3 processor still don't choke on any game I throw at them, at worst I just put settings on medium/high and have no problemos hitting 60FPS in pretty much anything I've tried. Somehow this shit even maxes out UT4 aside from AA above 4x.

I'll upgrade when someone makes a good game that makes me run on medium or less than 60FPS.

$onygger detected, just go AMD and make use of Vulkan.

Witcher 3 is worse than Dargon Age Cisquisition, prove me wrong

Gears looks pretty good if you care about the multiplayer, but they fucked the PC release with their w10 faggotry again anyway so it doesn't matter. There really are no true PC exclusives worth caring about at the moment.

autismbucks or did you stole it?

good goys