Guy Windsor cucks hard

Hello mein neggers,

I'm sure some of us do HEMA here (Historical European Martial Arts). For those not familiar, HEMA is a blanket term for people who are re-creating the martial arts of Europe using the many dozens of preserved fight books.

Puglilism, wrestling, knife fighting, sword fighting, rapier etc. All are pretty well preserved with long essays, pictures, diagrams and so on.

A big name on the subject is Guy Windsor, a britbong who's published a lot of works on dagger fighting/longsword etc from the Italian master Fiore.

Having something decidedly European has of course appealed to people of European ancestry who're tired of everything being Karate/Muay Thai/Brazilian etc.

This is something decidedly -ours-. Woke up today to Guy posting this long autistic rant about HEMA enabling "FASCISTS" and how he'll stop using the term European. He then posts a big photo of him teaching shit skins including token Muslim women of powa and asians. Of course.

Please join me in reminding him of his loyalties. Note + info below for those interested in trolling the guy trying to end European identity.

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/guystwindsor/?fref=ts
facebook.com/guystwindsor/posts/744929109032047
guywindsor.net/blog/2017/12/nofascistsinhma/
youtube.com/watch?v=TBfd03q98V0
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Kunst_des_Messerfechtens_(Cgm_582)
longsword.wikia.com/wiki/Posta_di_Donna_Soprana
hurstwic.org/training/index.htm
youtu.be/ln94E9AGYTc?t=1m26s
youtu.be/c_errM4r118?t=1m42s
swordschool.com/
jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Fascists are poisoning HEMA. Here’s one small thing I’m doing about it.

December 8, 2017 by Guy Windsor Leave a Comment

I recently got my latest book, The Theory and Practice of Historical European Martial Arts, back from the editor, and am working through it. There are always last-minute changes to make, but they are usually minor additions or rephrasings. This time, there is one major change: I have decided to stop using the term HEMA altogether. It stands for Historical European Martial Arts, and a sad and disgusting number of white supremacists, nazis, and other scum have latched on to the “European” bit (at the expense of the historical, the martial, and the artistry) and are bringing the term into appalling disrepute. I will not share examples of this behaviour because I see no good reason to spread poison, but trust me, it’s out there.

The Nazis in Germany in the 30s did the same thing to all sorts of elements of European culture, from co-opting Norse mythology, to taking a perfectly innocuous symbol (the swastika, which you will see on monuments and book covers before the 1930s) and making it forevermore associated with evil incarnate.

The principles and practices I cover in the book are by no means only applicable to European styles and sources. They could be used for any art— indeed, my friend and colleague Dr. Manouchehr Moshtagh Khorasani is using the same sort of approach in his reconstruction of historical Persian martial arts. So the “European” bit is entirely unnecessary, and seems to promote division rather than unity. I don’t practice the arts I do just because they are European.

It’s not as if there was any such thing as a general European martial art anyway, other than perhaps gunnery; I teach Italian rapier, Italian medieval knightly combat, French smallsword, German sword and buckler, and so on. Every source comes from a specific time, place and culture; to call them European would be uselessly general.

So fuck them. They can have the HEMA label. The E is redundant. We could call what we do Historical Swordsmanship, but that would exclude the boxers, knife fighters, WWII combative practitioners (the only style I can think of that definitely killed Nazis!), wrestlers, jousters and all the rest that don’t use swords. We could call it Western Martial Arts, though the “Western” is perhaps misleading too; Polish sabre is Eastern European; to me it would feel odd to call it “Western”, though it is when considered in relation to Asian martial arts.

In the interests of specifying the historicity of what I do, its martial nature and its artistic beauty, I’m calling my book The Theory and Practice of Historical Martial Arts, and dropping all references that would seem to imply these arts are valuable because they are European.

In the global fight against fascism that faces us today, it is probably the tiniest, feeblest, blow. But we have to start somewhere. I don’t think we can reclaim the term HEMA any more than we can reclaim the swastika, but it’s just a four letter acronym. It’s what we do that counts, not what we call it.

In case there were any doubt about my stance on this, here’s a photo of a class I taught recently. Race, sex, religion, country of origin? Irrelevant. Community fostered by a shared joy in the Art? Priceless."

facebook.com/guystwindsor/?fref=ts

[email protected]

He's a soyboy and has been for ages; read a couple of his books and while they offer decent insights into Fiore's longsword, it's also obvious that he's so fucking insecure it's actually painful to try reading his stuff.

Though he's hardly the only one; iirc Medieval Reviews expressed that "the worst thing that could happen to HEMA would be that it would only be full of a bunch of white men" without giving any reason or justification for such a sentiment.

Cryptokike.

Legit feeling my guts fill with angry bile. Please join me in pointing out how much of a cuck he is being on his official page.

Time to beat his ass in a swordfight.

That or a baby touching homosexual. His insanely high estrogen is evident in his soft, womanly face. All I can think of when I gaze upon it is "Yeah, I've sucked a few dicks in Thailand"

Better off wrestling him.
He's a shit tier wrestler.

>study Fiore "I've knocked 4 teeth out of a dudes mouth with one blow and broken hundreds of arms" Liberi
Fucking hell, what a cuck.

Can a pr user write a good letter? Like:

Dear Mr Windsor,

I admire your work and research into the history of European martial arts and your efforts go keep these practises alive. However, it has come to my attention that you do not wish native Europeans to use these techniques in the defense of those homeland from foreign invaders or to prevent their displacement by noneuropean peoples. This seems at odds with the historical application of these arts, and it saddens me that you have no love for your homeland or your kinsmen. Therefeore i regret to inform you that i will no longer be partaking in hema.

Sincerely,
user

HEMA is love, HEMA is life.

He knows how to grapple but from what I hear he's a near total novice at actual wrestling so barrel straight into him and change it from a sword/knifefight and into a on the ground wrestling match, he's out of his element entirely.

The post itself: facebook.com/guystwindsor/posts/744929109032047

guywindsor.net/blog/2017/12/nofascistsinhma/

Why do you want to give him attention?

Because he's trying to remove the European identity from our martial arts.

To be fair I think this is a good thing.
European martial arts are more martially sound than their eastern counterparts as they for the most part never went through a process that saw them converted into competitive sports.
Since the teaching is done primarily based on old war manuals from the age, it's more useful now.

Plus its European.

We want our people to know how to fight, so we should encourage them to pick this sort of knowledge and skills up.
At the same time we can make soyboys cry.

I don't suppose you know the story with FAR and its theft of donation money? Been looking for the details a while now.

Eastern martial arts were created by Aryans.

Has Soyboy Kikelstein copyrighted the term "HEMA" yet?

People should leave reviews on his book complaining that it doesn't cover judo or wushu and they were mislead by his non specific titling.

Hello ARMA bro :).

They were made by tiny brown people. They kept them well past their expiration date so they became very theatrical and flowery. Many were turned purely into sports (which is fine) but it strips them of their martial effectiveness.

As post above (185) said, European arts were basically locked away in a stasis vault. There is no watering down of them because we have the original manuals. It's such a wealth of savagery.

People with Guy Cuckelstein think EUROPEAN is a bad word now and that we have no historical arts of our own. He needs the lash and to repent.

LOL. Genius.

There is a specific kind of competitiveness to HEMA which eastern martial arts lack. In China a Taichi master fought an MMA fighter and got pummeled; as a result the MMA fighter had to apologize for disrespecting traditions.
youtube.com/watch?v=TBfd03q98V0

Similarly in Japan, the old koryu schools which supposedly uphold ancient combat schools refuse to fight or spar against one another, because it might prove one superior to the other.

There's none of that in HEMA at the moment. Anyone can pick up a manual from Wiktenauer where the translations and scans are available for FREE for anyone to use, and begin training. Anyone is free to organize a tournament or competition where these different groups can train. Anyone can ask any other group if its okay to join in and train together. All that matters is the art itself; some people want to learn how to fight, some people want to understand the ideas behind the writings, some people just want to have a piece of historyThere's this old guy where I train, who is a huge history buff. Like he's literally writing a story based on 2000 years of history, trying to tie events together as a magnum opus of European history, and he joined just because he wants to understand Medieval fighting better. And more importantly, the trappings of kendo and sports fencing which have become nothing more than abstract sports with rulesets completely removed from reality are also violently fought against, because most people want to retain that aspect of true martial art to it.

Yup exactly m8. HEMA has actual FIGHTING. The East is bogged down in tradition and centuries of compartmentalization. Fighting has become a spiritual/philosophical pursuit and not one of…well fighting.

One thing I really like about HEMA is the complete LACK of diconnect between ranges. You can start fighting with a sword, but within moments you're now grappling. One guy pulls a knife. Now you're throwing someone. When you fight HEMA you're having the total fight from all ranges.

So in response you want to do what, call him a faggot in his blog comments? And then you think he'll stop being an anti-white cuck? OP, your heart is in the right place, but I don't think you thought this though. Call him a faggot if you want but that doesn't do much for HEMA. Meme it as the pinnacle of martial arts and integral to white identity, then you'll see cucks, kikes, and niggers really lose it.

There is a certain visceral joy in dashing inside an opponent's guard and just throwing them on the floor.

He just needs to be punished. I doubt any sort of lashing would make him recant being a cuck. But for everyone else watching, THEY NEED TO KNOW they're sane and that his view is not the only one.

His comments are full of long haired fairy fags and libs sucking his dick over the idea. HEMA is full of /ourguys/ in various stages of the red pill. We must show them they're valid.

That was max joocy

wing chun (or however you spell it, the kung-fu variant) is pretty interesting as far as I've been able to tell. The philosophy of fighting straight ahead into the core is quite useful, I don't know how good their groundwork is though.

ARMA?
No I'm a bong.
I'm with a wee small group led by a classical liberal who while a touch lefty is generally inclined to say "fuck politics keep it out of this"

It's important to remember where this Windsor guy is from and lives.
He was born in (((Cambridge))) and lives in Suffolk which is in the south east of England.
Extremely pozzed environment.

Kenjutsu is very close to HEMA, but kenjutsu forbids dueling.

There's just many ways to kill a people with sword (read: not many).

Crap your right. I forgot that section from hammer of the patriot that says don't argue to convince your opponent, argue to co convince the crowd

What I've read about older kenjutsu manuals seems to suggest that, but difference in range causes considerable differences however. Kendo-guys tend to have weird ticks when they start, left over from this and other habits perpetuated by kendo.

The Book of Five Rings is definitely a decent read for tactics, for example.

Book of five rings is primarily a work of philosophy
Remember its author never knew war

Kenjutsu is a bit limited/rigid due to the way it is passed down.

HEMA is way more relaxed, full form, and it transitions so well into wrestling.

And this makes sense because back then sword is good for unarmored warrior, for a fully armored dude, you have to have a mace, or know wrestling.

Bullshit, Miyamoto Musashi fought in Sekigahara, which was the biggest battle in Japan in his generation.

Cuck physiognomy. Probably a paedophile too.

Just look at the honker on this nosenigger. Not even crypto.

Actually he fought in several battles and was a apart of one of the largest sieges of his era. He also fought numerous duels and most of the shit he says, while disjointed and kind of just out there, mesh incredibly well with everything I've learned in the Liechtenauer tradition.

Huh. Musta been thinking of a different book

Meh, I never take Musashi's actual swordfighting techniques as that useful.

You want a real kenjutsu, you study itto-ryu, or even better jigen-ryu.

Jigen-ryu in particular is very simple and effective, just scream really hard and strike down the first strike with all your might.

So club it like a monkey

Well, it's the way europeans used to fight.

No need for finesse, just pure strength and aggressiveness.

You might be thinking of a specific scroll; when I speak about matching things with the German longsword schools, I generally refer to the scroll of Fire(iirc) which is about techniques and concepts to use in fights.

Yeah, the various off-shoots of Musashi's style all have gotten then koryu treatment where it's dissolved into a internal bullshit politics and meaningless secrecy. Jigen ryu is fucking cool, though. Satsuma province had all the crazies.

Basic "Parry & Respond" systems do work, but tend to fail spectacularly against someone who can read them.

>(((HEMA)))
sage

Well, if you fail the first time, you do it again, faster and stronger, repeatedly until they give way.

Simplicity is the way of life.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Fuck off nigger.

You tend to see those types in tournaments. They spar a lot and have one or two good tricks; the Russian who came second this year at Swordfish is a good example.

But facing off against someone who can see through that and use the proper techniques in the proper context, such fighters get trounced spectacularly.

Meh, it's simply a matter of not doing it fast and strong enough IMO.

But I digress.

>being a buffel
Nah.

He looks like a numale. Who the fuck is he and why should you even care? You don't need outdated methods of fighting from the whatever century in the age of arms. Focus on proper training for the 21st century.

fail and aids.
This cuck/kike is the one unworthy of it.

HEMA is the most effective way of melee combat, it's the most useful art outside of having a gun on you 24/7.

HEMA covers everything from medieval swordsmanship to victorian era mixed martial arts.
Everyone should know how to fight with their hands and a knife at a minimum

Pretty sure I remember Matt Easton making comments about how Brexit was bad as well. As an Englishman I'd like to apologise for these faggots, HEMA is awesome though.

Blame Fighters Against Racism.
Those cucks are everywhere.
Though I keep hearing shit on Holla Forums whenever theycome up about them stealing donations from charities?

Is this a real entity? Is there no sphere of public life that remains unpozzed?

Top Kek.

Alas it is.
They run witch hunts constantly for nazis.
They've picked up on me in the past but even though the guy who runs my group is sort of onboard with them he doesn't approve of their witch hunts.

Pretty much they harass any group and anyone who doesn't like their facebook page and get involved in their bullshit.

Gotta fight them back somehow. Maybe start a White Swordsmen group.

These concern trolls always ruin shit for everybody.

I guess kikes have had their hand in combat sports for time immemorial, this shouldn't have come as a shock.

That would just play into their hands. Plus theres a bunch of white nationalist groups floating around they just have less connectivity and numbers.

Nah FAR seems a pretty small and uncoordinated group overall. It's not well organised and just seems to be something some soyboys did on their own rather than under direction.

There's nothing "racism" about a White Swordsmen group, even if we play to their standard.

Yeah, there's why all the special forces and MMA use it, right? It's outdated obsolete, it's worthless unless you want to LARP like it's the middle, renaissance, or Victorian period.

Does it teach you how to dodge and block projectiles flying faster than the speed of sound? This shit is straight up embarrassing and even more embarrassing knowing that one of its great modern vanguards is a massive cuck that seeks to destroy Europeans. There are modern forms of martial arts and that's what is found the most effective because it is made for the modern era. Stop LARPing and be fucking smart for once.

fuck off

Threadly reminder to ignore torpedos.

Are you retarded nigger?

The special forces and MMA would lose to a HEMA practionnier in a melee fight.

And I like how you would let thousand years of European traditions to go down the drain so you can champion modern "martial arts" (that are developed from the asians and even worse, the jews).

"White swordsmen" seems a bit meaningless. Go with "European Swordsmen" to play by his own words.

You fucking moron; the art died and was dead for several centuries and most if not all the techniques used in HEMA have contemporary equivalents found in martial arts used by special forces and the like. Throws, joint locks, distancing and tactics are all the similar to MMA but with the added complexity of weapons, with the added reach and leverage.

Special forces groups learn hand to hand combat quite extensively along with the use of knives and improvised melee weapons.
You're a retarded nigger.
Hell British commandos are still issued the fairbairn-sykes knife.

Are you?

Don't dish strength and aggressiveness, it can compensate for finesse.

Well several centuries is inaccurate. They had undergone a revival during the 1800s but that died with WW1 which killed most practitioners.

He's saying HEMA had no speed and was just agressive smashing like that POS Japanese scream and bang the pile of sticks "art".

You have a baton? Congrats, here is a messer manuscript which is essentially a 1-to-1 manual on how to use it effectively against someone armed with any kind of stick, machete, baton etc. It's all about biomechanics and physics.
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Kunst_des_Messerfechtens_(Cgm_582)

Sure, but there's no living tradition and all the material I've worked with is translations of the old manuscripts. There's a divide of half a century for example from this thing which I'm posting and my own group training with it.

That's a zornhau; it's not about power. It's about proper positioning and bodymechanics, they specifically show how you're supposed to be in proper time when striking so that you aren't in "false time" and using your strength to hit but that your body moving forward is generating the power. And as he steps off the line, he wins the bind and hits the other guy.

The zornhau is a terrible example of strength and aggressiveness in a blow, it's a tactical move which you use specifically when you know the other guy just does basic oberhaus without going into an ochs or the like afterwards.

Meant millennia.

Which are useless as trench warfare. Bayonets are what is useful in the modern era and proven itself even today, not fucking swords you cringey LARPers in overcoats.

You do realise the US military no longer bothers with bayonets? Yankee soldier wouldn't know what to do with a bayonet.
Only the brits still learn how to use a bayonet. Coincidentally they've pulled off the only two bayonet charges of modern history and both were hilariously successful.

lol Hutton's bayonet is a part of HEMA you dumb tornigger.

I'm that guy and before swordfighting becomes codified with techniques, that's how europeans (read: the barbarians) used to fight.
That's a way of strengthening of your sword blow, it's not a piece of shit.

That's because they are. Aside from martial arts created within the last 100 years like Wing Chun, which wasn't even created for war time use like the ones already lost to time, nothing that exist is actual chink kung fu. San Da is honestly just applications of kick boxing without the sports aspect of the rules and as such traces its roots back to pretty recent times. The oldest eastern martial arts anyone can trace back to is some household version of old nip jiujutsu that's lost more and more every generation as it fails to get passed down and an old fork of soo bak doo which was actually used in gook wars a few hundred years back. That's why even the flip's eskrima and kali along with the Indonesian Silat series of martial arts looks much more brutal and to the point compared to other asian stuff.

But a zonrhau is a telegraphed move, its usefulness is because you utilize your full body strength, swinging your sword.

It's a perfect example of a buffel i.e. using your strength to strike down the enemy.

In actual trench warfare, they use knives and maces more than bayonet.

Bayonet are kind of a terrible melee weapon if the other guy got a melee weapon.

I don't have Facebook, can anyone tell me if the comments are cucked too?

Please tell me they are calling him out

The guard was also called the stupid peasant guard for a reason lol.

I've used the Zornhau a bit but always just to startle the opponent since the body language suggests "I'm going to hit you REALLY hard fam".

I like to use it to cover distance but my real intention is to thrust into the face.

The Taiwanese still have some decent stuff, since people fled the commies from China there, right?

Certainly in many parts and periods that was true, but equally true is that there are numerous treatises and manuals showing the opposite to be the case as well.

No, it really isn't. The Zornhut allows for a powerful oberhau strike, but the Zornhau is a side-step with the oberhau, allowing you to get into Zornort or to strike the outright if they are dumb enough to let you into such a distance. It is a specific device to use, where even if you are weaker and smaller you can win because you are using the Strong of your blade against their Weak while changing the angle between you, giving you greater leverage.

The Zornort is also the base position in Italian longsword fencing by Fiore, known as the Posta di Donna.
longsword.wikia.com/wiki/Posta_di_Donna_Soprana
Besides, in Liechtenauer tradition you do it from the shoulder with the weight on the front leg and it works just as well(only having slightly shorter reach).

Only one guys called him out. The rest are like "LOL PUNCHING NAZIS IS THE BEST THING A MARTIAL ARTIST CAN DO." "European is too good a word for them tbh I agree w/ you Guy xD"

I certainly doubt back in the viking era, the nordics were codified their own fighting book.

Even nordic wrestling lives on via tradition, not book.

The way the nordic/germanic fight back then were using brute force and speed to make up for their lack of finesse and tactics.

The point remains that the telegraphed swinging movement is there to generate force behind, I mean, there's no point to putting your hands that far back otherwise, even if you are side stepping.

Even jigen-ryu does not mean pulling your sword that far back, they just have their sword in high guard.

It's facebook user, facebook.

Yeah they do have something, but even before the commies destroyed everything again, martial artist in china had been culled again and again whenever they increase in number and there's no wars to be fought by the emperor. Like I said, if it's chink, it's might share a name with some ancient martial arts that was successfully used in ancient warfare, but I doubt the contents are the same after so many purges.

Back then it was more active tradition. You learned and practiced nigh constantly against other people. The survivors taught the next lot.

Just saying that this tradition would have been simple, there wouldn't be so much techniques.

There's a reason celtic and germanic warfare relying on the frontal charge and ambush.

Quick and simple techniques would be the most effective to teach and spread.

Everything I've read suggests otherwise, with their shield tactics being quite intricate and complex. Not too dissimilar to buckler, in fact.
hurstwic.org/training/index.htm

Holmgang centre grip shield fighting is certainly fancy, but I always wondered how it translated in a skirmish context.

The samurai really hates faggots

No doubt about that, shieldwall was the norm of viking age warfare.

Still, the two-handed axe technique, I think there maybe some equivalences between it and jigen-ryu (and high guard stance techniques).

Imagine the shitposting potential with this

It's specific school used in a specific province.

It's not common even in Japan. Still, it was known to be very effective because it's so simple.

No, that's for the distance control; you can do the displacement of the opponents sword just as well from the regular vom tag. The video that was posted even shows how much distance you gain with the rear stance. This allows you to nachreissen them as they throw a cut, for example.
youtu.be/ln94E9AGYTc?t=1m26s
Is what you'd do, but with a turn of the hip so you can lean back.

Well, afaik, those guys use judicial duel accounts(one on one, the stuff of skald epics etc.) for the most part so it's difficult to say how it ties into larger confrontations.

Was it Satsuma? They were renowned for their battle cries in battle and suicidal shock troopers.

Shimazu, Satsuma, yeah.

None of these guys are doing a zornhau stance, they are doing normal vom tag.

My point of contention is that you can do the whole distance control with vom tag, there's no need to take your sword far back rear like zornhau aside from putting strength in your strike.

Which one of them do you think will sword attack London first?

Hilarious you put it like that since the guy who screamed "FUCK YOU I'M MILLWALL" only survived because the muds attacking that day had shit edge alignment based on how many times he was actually hit at vulnerable areas.

That'd be some real fucking whacky shit if a buncha mudslimes trained by Guy went on a knife killing spree using HEMArts to fuck people up.

there is a useful european martial art. It's called boxing (I do Kung Fu and boxers are fucking terrifying

HEMA teaches you to fight with various melee weapons and wrestling.

Boxing is useless if the other guy has a weapon.

Yeah, I only posted it to show the nachreissen dodge to give you an idea of what I mean, but you don't STAY in any guard as Meyer says
>"position themselves in a guard and wait thus for their opponent’s device; they must be either fools or especially sharp, for whoever will wait for another person’s device must be very adept and also trained and experienced, or else he will not accomplish much."
Unless it is a specific bait.

Guy looks like a kike in pic related.

Go back to Holla Forums

That shit never happened. KYS.

Well, jigen-ryu concerns itself with only the 1st strike with the high guard.

If 1st strike hits, you kill the enemy and move on.

If it doesn't, you are dead.

Very simple, but also very suicidal and predictable.

Jigen ryu as far as I can judge, is about simply taking the for(German word, meaning Before, as opposed to the Nach, the After), the initiative, which allows you to suppress the opponents actions and do as you wish to them. Musashi has several concepts about this in the scroll of Fire(iirc: "Holding down the pillow", "stepping on the blade" and a third which I forget. Names might differ as I read a rather recent translation which isn't online) and German longsword is all about attacking as well.

It works, but anyone who understands what ablauffen is can counter it with relative ease. Hell, the Japanese koryu schools are so chock-full of their own variations of it that it even made it into kendo, though I forget the name in that.
youtu.be/c_errM4r118?t=1m42s

IIRC, Yagyu shinkage-ryu is all about countering the first strike i.e. hitting the enemy before the strike hits.

Then you start to notice that kenjutsu and european swordsmanship have a shitload of equivalences.

I'll never understand cucks in HEMA, if you hate your race so much why not do gook martial arts? Every HEMA youtuber I've seen is a cuck as well.

For many who have been in a while its because they got in early to be special but now are regarded as authoritative figures on the matter.
Like this Windsor fag.
He could never achieve that in eastern martial arts no matter how much he tried, the field is too saturated.

>swordschool.com/
What a fascist pig.

The Eastern Europeans are pretty cool, but a lot of fuckers are from Britain and Canada, so it's to be expected.

Windsor deserves some credit for being one of the first to translate the old manuals but he's such a pussy-ass soyboy that I suspect he can't handle being sidelined by fighters who actually know how to do well in tournaments as well.

The tournament crowd are a fucking cancer a lot of the time.
Bunch of lunatics who barrel in knowing they're pretty safe and don't have to be afraid of injury. No sense of danger or risk.

Huh, not where I'm at. Generally referring more to fuckers like Axel Petersson who did shit like won a tournament three years in a row, break his arm, re-train to be a lefty and win again, while still being a fount of knowledge regarding the actual theory.

Axels decent. Designs a good fencing jacket too. Hell I'd take it to a riot.

Yeah, I've just added some external plates to it but the base design is pretty fucking good.
Same. Fuck, that would really get Windsor's panties in a twist, wouldn't it? Seeing guy in hema gear in some mob, beating up innocent anitfa dindus.

It's already happened and will happen again.
Though in the instance pictured they were pro-EU so probably what he wanted

He has gay face.

You were probably thinking of Hagakure. That's the other famous 'philosophy of the samurai' book. It was dictated by a bitter old ex-diplomat monk who thought that "the soft young samurai of today ain't shit. Why back in my day…"

Polite sage for OT.

not if they're evil Nazis as reported by RT

Well they were neo-nazis but they were pro-eu neo nazis.

Holla Forums - Swordmanship and Martial Arts

Not that I'm complaining, an anonymous (i.e. no EYE'M THE BESTEST SWORDSMEME) forum for HEMA is long overdue.

Should I join my local Richmond HEMA club or is it pozzed?

Do any VA anons know if Richmond Kunst Des Fechtens is good or not?

Playing to their standard is the mistake. There's nothing racism, period. Racism means nothing, it is just a word they use when something displeases them and applies to anything they don't like. Never cuck to it.

Most of them will be pozzed. Just go down and see how they are.
Most clubs will welcome new people who just show up

On their Kikebook they have a Gadsden flag displayed so maybe they're a good group.

Join it. They're one of the few conservative clubs. They spar a ton as well.

Why is their so much Poz in HEMA to begin with?

Why would liberal faggots be interested in European sword fighting?

It's "classy" and not mainstream, also it looks like their favourite white knight shit most likely.

Essentially it started with a bunch of uni guys doing history degrees.
History is a heavily pozzed field these days

A lot of people interested in swords are trying live out some weird power fantasy like their Vidya or movies. They tend to not be very good at actually fighting and focus mostly on drills. But clubs that spar a lot produce the best fighters and tend to weed the nerds out.

Holy fucking godman shit. This is the most retarded thread I have seem in years, and it is saying something. Mother of God, you retards need to actually do some research, go visit /k a little on the very least.

Backyard kali, Kike Maga, SOCP, some BJJ, go learn useful shit.

Yeah mate, close quarter, combat proven fighting is clearly useless. Of course I am talking CQB, learn tactical shooting too, hunting, tracking, cleaning/cutting meat, save money, do civilian SERE. List goes on.

Well lets go down your list.
Backyard kali? That's some McDojo tier stuff based on flip martial arts. I would rate it barely above the average mall karate studio.
Kike maga? Limited. But good if you're a pasty little kike. But designed for use against people who don't know how to use their hands.
SOCP: Better known as "Hitting things for drooling retards". A guide written to the typical standards for US troops meaning its designed with cletus the inbred yokel as its target audience.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. If I ever need to win a BJJ tournament I know what to use.

Your suggestions are lousy or are sports derived from other martials.
For the average yank though the SOCP option is probably the best, the US military knows how to train yanks. Even if it can't teach them much.
But are any of the yanks here average? Well probably I mean there's you. But the rest are looking for something a little more complete and versatile to build a good base with before picking at less well developed systems.

It's the closest thing they can get to being manly without actually touching it. Guy Windsor is a cuck in his own category who has combined the cucked need to give away european teachings, but also to do it as a way of getting back at fascists. Regardless, no matter the specific intention he like however many other libtards who are interested in gaying up HEMA will try to do it if given the chance, they need to be kicked out as soon as possible. HEMA is gaining so much popularity just in the past year that it's ripe for claiming and kicking out all of pozzed elements.

It's up to you and every other Holla Forumslacks to keep them out by being as manly as possible and more intelligent than they could ever be about the subject - both are easy. To kick out pseudo-intellectuals and their need to be cucks, you have to replace them and to make the atmosphere as "toxic" for them as possible. Then when they try to establish a safespace you violate it just enough times and with enough time from the last one so that they never feel like they can catch a breath.

Are they trying to flaunt their "masculinity" without actually showing for it and by using as many euphemisms as possible? Show them up by forcing them to show how they can't be manly at all but want it both ways. Are they trying to pretend they get history and are misrepresenting it as hard as they can? Talk on subjects citing how inaccurate and deliberately dishonest they are - build a foundation off of exposing their dishonesty and you can create an outlet for redpilling other young men and even oldtimers by showing them a level of lies they would have never seen before. Are they trying to give a talk somewhere? Show up and reveal them to be a fraud and be prepared to debate and interrupt - bring students.

Last and most importantly, challenge them to a fight. Always have that invitation open and every time you openly expose them as frauds, remind them you challenged them to a fight and they haven't accepted - ever. Bonus points for having a Wall of Cucks at your place of teaching. With enough time and "toxic" atmosphere building, you can build a brand off of destroying the reputation of pseudo-intellectual cucks so that the only people who remember them are your students.

Lots of answers that just insult them. In all honesty its because white men, even the most brainwashed and deluded of us, feel an instinctive call to battle. It's what we've done for millenia, it's a part of our genetics, a part of our soul. You can pump us full of chemicals, blare cuckold audios into our eyes, and force our eyes open as images of niglets dance on a big screen - but you can never destroy what is truly within us. Not without destroying us.

… And that my brothers is why they are trying to destroy us. You will find not mercy from the kike or the savage, they will not accept you as a servant and certainly not an equal. You will rule them, or you will be killed by them.

Start your own. You can literally start with a broomstick and some youtube videos. Just stick with one tradition(German Liechtenauer or Italian Fiore for example) until you know it somewhat well, so that you won't mix it up with anything else. Try to put out the word about it; someone is bound to be interested in your area.

Go with Fiore.
He's the better option overall plus he loves to recycle movements making it easier to transition to wrestling, knive work and single handed weapons.

That's true and for all that Fiore is quite effective for self-defense as well. I'd recommend starting with his dagger plays since they're simple enough and are a reasonable self-defense weapon too.

Fucks sake I come from there, should I hunt him down or something?

If you want. But you'd only validate him.
Plus despite being a soyboy pansy he's no slouch in a brawl.

Let's take down more race-traitors. I always got bad vibes from Schola Gladiatoria, and saw him repeat anti-European myths. He is overtly PC too, but I've never seen him go full Guy Windsor. How bad is he really?

PS. All these cucks talk like they're on anti-depressants (because they probably are).

PPS
HEMA is for war; it is for killing. All martial arts are for killing in war. All true martial arts derive from the sword and spear, not the fists. Learning to use the sword is learning to use the hands to kill. Any teacher that is not overtly emphasizing killing is no teacher at all. Death by Dismemberment, what glory!

He did a few vids years ago wearing a "say no to racism" t-shirt. That's when I stopped watching his vids.

He looks like a kike AND a fagget.

Never liked that Windsor fag . I suspect Lloyd is hiding his power level or he could just be the last remaining eccentric bong.

get a fucking gun you retards

I think he's a contrarian. He's not really on anyone's side, he just likes to disagree about everything over trivialities. I still like him but I'm not waiting around for him to go nuclear.
Pic related, "the holocaust happened and you are an idiot if you disagree but a lot of people other than jews died as well and nobody is trying to make people remember that" is a quintessentially contrarian opinion, he doesn't see the big picture only the local details.

Lindy is honestly confusing but he recently started shilling for some exotic poo in loo fighting style that historically got their arses handed to them by angry sikhs.

It's obvious he's not a cuck, but he is completely ignorant of the JQ. If one were to inform him, he'd surely make a video about it. In the meantime, within the last year he made a video that said under a million Jews died during the Holohoax, so there is no reason their deaths should be emphasized over the others. Wait until he reads Germar Rudolf if he intrinsically already not pro-kike. It will certainly be a terrific coincidence that Germar Rudolf is about to appear all over his comments section.

Lindybeige is going through his equivalent of gamergate at the moment, getting censored from YouTube along with related channels; it's inevitable he pieces together who is behind that.

I like Lindybeige as well, someone should inform him that only the 6 million happened and the rest was a white lie to make the goyim believe.

jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians

Notice how many 'incontrovertible facts' aren't true and how easily the narrative shifts at convenient times? Amazing that they are privy to so much information that no one gets this knowledge except the super special chosens.

Matt Easton of Schola Gladiatoria wore a Fighter Against Racism shirt, but I haven't heard him say or express anything, so he might just be a garden variety liberal who'll token agree to the notion of equality without thinking about it too much.

What was that about FAR being a fraud, though?

I've heard stories here about their leader stealing funds he'd raised for charity using FAR.
But I don't remember any details.

Allegedly, there is no evidence that he actually fought there, Musashi himself didn't even say that he fought there.

This is very true. Most of the people that started HEMA aren't actually very good fighters.

Petterson is from Gothenburg isn't he. I wonder how redpilled he is with all of the gangrape and grenade attacks going on in his neighborhood or is he a complete cuck ho jerks off to the idea of white women being raped by the brown hoards..

Their ability as fighters isn't relevant here.
That's how saturated eastern martial arts are. To obtain notoriety you either need a lot of money or superhuman capability.
In HEMA meanwhile it was so small that anyone could achieve notoriety fairly easily.

Get fucking photoshop you retards

Get fucking popmusic you retards

Get a 3d printer you retards

This isn't anything new. He's always been a bit of a pooinlooaboo because of muh empire on which the sun never sets.

It's a shame because Matt Easton is cool and deserves some respects.

Lindy on the other hand is an actual LARPer.

Metatron is also good, and a roman/italianboo.

This never makes sense to me because you are not gonna have a gun on you 24/7.

Not to mention some countries just ban guns altogether.

While HEMA can teach you to do real good with a screwdriver.

HEMA is literally combat proven, used when melee fighting was the norm, so shut the fuck about it, cuck.

It's only suppressed because they have the same mindset as you, since we have guns, no need to be good at melee anymore.

But nowadays with all the world banning guns, it's time we learn something to defend ourselves with.

You can comment on the other (non-FB) link as well. Its his blog

In an unexpected twist even though he has comments requiring his approval as standard, he seems inclined to allow comments that oppose him

So common sense point but apparently it needs to be said:

European martial arts (as we perceive them) only went out of style because of the pike and shot period. Prior to that European arts were as deadly, if not far more so, than any gook, chink or nip style. They stopped being practiced because it was VERY expensive to train people (knights were trained from birth to fight, it was their whole life, and they were funded by their Lords - their training, their armour and weapons, their horse and all the upkeep for all these things. Very expensive over a life-time, infinitely more so when you realise that it was often not just one person). In contrast pikemen and gunners needed about 10 minutes training;- you hold it like this, you stand with the other guys, and you duck down when the horses charge you. More effective in combat and essentially costs nothing.

This does not mean that a knight wouldn't beat the ever living shit out of an untrained pikeman if he actually got into melee. The whole point was that the new tactics and technologies made the old obsolete in the wars raging around Europe, and between Europeans around the world. It's also worth noting that amongst the nobles the arts WERE preserved, but they largely were not during certain periods (like after WW1) because people did not have time for luxury or novelty martial arts - when real war was all around them and they needed to practice for that, using the optimal techniques instead.

There was actually a revival in Britain of various martial arts just prior to WW1, but that all ended when war broke out and most of the men ended up dead. This does not mean the European martials arts were bad in any way, just that on a grand scale it does not matter who good you are with your fists and swords when your enemy has armies of guns, horsemen and pikes.

Today we enter a period where there WILL be blood on the streets, where melee engagements are going to become common-place, and where being able to use a blade and your fists will be extremely useful. The shitskins are on our streets, and in Europe at least a lot of them will fight with fists and blades. Americans should still train because you do not have armies of guns, and as such it is quite likely that you'll get ambushed and need to fight in close combat. - As an aside the British in Afghanistan actually got ambushed and were outgunned, and survived only because they fixed bayonets and charged the shitskins and hacked them all apart. So some degree of melee skill is still valid in REAL modern wars as well. Things aren't like they used to be with huge battalions marching at each other and shooting until only one side still stands.

Saber dueling/fencing were still very popular during the pike and shot period, every musketeer/cavalryman ought to be good with a sword because the muskets and lances are bad CQC weapons.

Melee weapon only really dies with the civil war when guns get so much better.

Another factor to consider however is practical usage.
People say "oh get a gun" but fail to comprehend what is a reasonable escalation of force.
In the Victorian era there was a massive revival of old european martial arts for their ability to provide a means for people to defend themselves from the street thugs that so defined crime in the era.

Bartitsu is a good example it. Being the relatively unknown grandfather of mixed martial arts, taking elements from pretty much any all available sources of the time to devise a multi layered means of self defence.
That didn't involve just shooting a guy.
Because murder is a thing.

Much of what is taught in one handed swordsmanship translates well to crude clubs. Even better to sticks like say a walking stick. With whole systems of european stick fighting emerging based on this premise.

That's a pretty accurate description of Matt, I frankly don't think he's very politically involved and like most whites has liberalism as his default. I watch his videos occasionally since he mostly keeps social issues at an arms length

What are some of the good manuals?

Didn't know Richmond had a hema club. Might as well check it out, but most institutions in Richmond are shit tier. Richmond is turning into a west coast city

Fiore dei Liberi is a fairly complete set for everything medieval, from one-handed to two-handed swords, dagger, lance, horseback and unarmed techniques with a very definite trend to the techniques. This means that at its core you learn a set of grappling techniques which will allow you to break arms, flip people so hard they break the backs of their skulls and sit on top of them with an arm-lock if you want to. He was somewhat famous for teaching mercenaries and winning five duels against other swordmasters of the time who got jealous when he wouldn't share his shit freely. Fiore tends to teach defensive techniques, as the general notions is that anyone can and should know how to attack and press it on while defense is the tricky part. Dark humor and a sort of medieval "Trump-ism" to his attitude. Quite boastful and enjoyable to read, to be honest.

The German Tradition, starting with Liechtenauer and moving to Meyer, Talhoffer and Döbringer are generally about longsword but teach a lot about distance and armed melee fighting and other weapons as well.
Liechtenauer is alright and simple enough, but Meyer came from a time where sword tournaments were a weekly thing in many cities so his style arguably more complex due to the assumption that the opponent also knows a lot about the art, so I wouldn't recommend it for self-defense.
Talhoffer has a decent variety of weapons and all of which are quite usable, but his books are also filled with lots of irrelevant shit like judicial dueling shields and marital dispute dueling rules. Also, chock-full of reaction face material.

Leckuchner's messer(essentially a machete with a crossguard) is applicable to batons and short sticks, and is a fairly in-depth manual for that.

George Silver is a fairly good source for a lot of things as well, though he is quite heavy on the theory and specific about how you should strike—though not without good reason—and he has a wide variety of weapons as well: longsword, one-handed sword, quarterstaff, rapier, dagger etc.

Alfred Hutton is a much later addition, being of the Victorian era, but his treatises about sabre fencing and his act of "raising bayonet fighting to the dignity of a science" makes him definitely worth noting. Though note that the bayonets of that era were much longer than today's assault rifles so I cannot attest to how well it meshes with that kind of training in mind. Also, actually readable language without translations, which is a definite plus.

Isn't Silver pretty incomplete because a lot of English work is missing?

Funny how Easton still comes off as more of a cuck than a literal LARPer. He's a definite soyim.

The sword is the European spirit, and combat is manliness. You must fight to channel the strength of your ancestors. This goes far beyond killing niggers in alleys.

That's exactly what this soyboy dreams of at night, while teaching shitskins european martial arts to defend themselves from evil facists like you.
(checked)
quints of truth

Studying ancient martial arts is retarded, fighting has evolved so much in the last 20 years nevermind 500 - 600.
Learn to wrestle and takedown opponents, learn to throw a punch, learn to throw a kick, learn to de-escalate a volatile situation and most importantly learn to run fast as fuck and not get tired so easily.

Guarantee muslims in Europe will be coming at you with big kitchen knives. Probably in packs, which is it's own problem, but medieval Italy had a crime and murder rate like nothing today and absolutely everyone was carrying foot long daggers around as a matter of course and utility. It turns out, unsurprisingly, Fiore's dagger defense system is actually incredibly good and useful in the modern day. Simplified versions it actually were used to teach recruits in WW1 and 2 to knife fight.

You must be jew here.
The human body hasn't changed that much since then as such the fundamental principles remain the same and as valid as they ever were

This… this would happen?

Yeah it was a kind of judicial dueling intended to put the man and woman on something of an even combative field.

It'd be really interesting considering Guy Windsor lives and teaches in Finland

He's in Suffolk these days I heard

That is so hilarious and awesome, I simply must read Fiore now

He looks like a huge faggot.

(heiled with both hands)
confirms the restoration of natural sexual hierarchy

As if the Finns need any more cuck influence, especially by ugly, misshapen anglos.

Lindy isn't particularly good at HEMA

I'm not saying all anglos are ugly and misshapen, just the cuck variety

If you read the imagename you'll see its from Tallhoffer.
And he'll have simply been described tricks and such to use in what were existing legal judicial duels.

Its not about the human body changing its about our understanding of how to use it changing and what is most effective.
Do they teach ankle picks? or switch kicks or how to d'arce choke someone?

Grabbing the ankle?
Triangle chokes? Blood chokes?

Fucks sake you daft cunt where do you think all these modern systems get it from?
Nothing new under the sun.

My mistake. I'll just read both.

No its the detail.
Not just grabbing an ankle, how to grab how to set it up, where to pressure when you have the ankle.
Not just throwing a punch but throwing a punch with the right snap, the right speed, the combinations, creating angles its all evolved since 500 years ago.

No that sort of thing hasn't changed much.
Well punching has, because punching was widely regarded as stupid back then due to the damage it can and does do to your hands. Plus modern pugilism is heavily influenced by modern sports boxing which again fucks up your hands.

Take Stipe Miocic and drop him in 15-16th century Europe (any country you want) he fucks everyone up. I'm pretty sure if you took anyone welterweight and upwards you'd get the same result smaller than that and they might lose based on size.
Its tantamount to saying that our knowledge mathematics hasn't changed in the last 500 years cause we still use differential calculus.

Lindy isn't a practitioner. He's made that clear, but he's clearly interested in martial arts that were used in war.

A modern MMA fighter?
I'd be surprised

Reminded me of the most autistic engraved sword ever found as a historical artifact, the bronze sword of goujian. It's estimated to be around 2500 years old and it has 4 chink words engraved on it which says "King of Yue's personal creation" which could also be interpreted as "for personal use". The first time I heard about the sword I laughed my ass off as the motherfucker made one of the ancient world's most ornate bronze sword which survived being drenched in a water logged tomb since around 400 BC and he just engrave "Personal OC, DONUT STEEL" on it.

Its this weird mentality that ancient people were better than modern people in any aspect of life that astounds me.
They have much better nutrition, much more intelligent training, much better facilities and equipment, much better coaches and access to a greater wealth of knowledge, as we've already agreed the physiology of humans hasn't changed much if at all in the last 500 years so how does he not fuck them all up? Its off topic now anyway but stop focusing on the old we have much more knowledge today much more effective methods of defending yourself from shitskins and niggers.

Because he's a practitioner of modern MMA.
He's a sportsman not a martial artist.

who the fuck needs this guy?
its not like he actually wrote the original manuals.
besides im sure theres much better people involved in this who arent cucks

We have better technology today, and the average person is more knowledgeable. However people are not taught to think anymore. The fighting styles that were common place historically are unheard of today because the needs of society changed, we only have the oriental variants because they had specific revivals or because they never evolved to a point where it was no longer necessary as Westerners did - however our needs have changed once again, and these old fighting styles have become relevant once more. And food and medicine? In general we have access to better stuff due to our technology and advances in science and understanding, but the suppliers are often intent on poisoning us - and its for that reason that we say our ancestors often ate better.

The average person has a lot more potential today, but the average person squanders so much that they are often, probably, worse off than many who came before us (at least the warrior elite that we tend to talk about).

I would agree if MMA fighters are ass shit in endurance, compared to medieval noblemen who live and practice melee combat daily.

Trips confirm, challenge this faggot to fight instead of ruining acronyms.

They have much better nutrition, much more intelligent training, much better facilities and equipment, much better coaches and access to a greater wealth of knowledge.
This describes the ancients, you fucking burger degenerate. All food used to be organic, no poisons in the air and soil, bigger and better gyms, actual warriors that have killed hundreds of people training you, etc. You trendsters celebrating modernity need to stick to Holla Forums.

No; martial refers to use in war. Martial arts are killing your enemies, specifically dismembering them.

The kikes will stop at nothing.

Does he know how to use a sword or a knife? If not, he would die extremely quickly. 15th-16th century Europe had people who killed other people in melee combat, as a profession. No such person exists on the entire planet today.

This is the first I hear of it, though I haven't read much beyond his Treatise of Defense. Some of his works were essentially big refutations aimed at rapier fencing, so thus are not actual complete fighting systems, though.

You do realize that most of those traditions are based around several hundred years of learning and practice, during an era where getting punched or stabbed was actually an everyday possibility, right?

More than that, it was taught to mercenaries and nobles alike, meaning it had to fucking work. Hell, in the Holy Roman Empire you had to be a fechtmeister from an accepted school to get to work as a doppelsöldner, where you literally got double pay. You do not fucking get double pay unless you can actually fuck some real shit up, alright?

On top of that it was common to have judicial duels, where you could hire a champion, often from a fencing school or tradition. The law literally could be ruled on the basis of how a duel ended; that shit actually working mattered a whole lot more than the play fights of today where deaths are the exception rather than the norm.

Might be earlier stuff I'm thinking of then.
Since rapier was pretty late compared to other weapons.

I remember a guy I know who studies this shit constantly complaining there was balls all for English fencing and martial arts because what they did have was gibberish without a primer to explain all the terms they were using.
The example he kept using was something absurd like "have a rake then proffer"

Yes and no. His system is very strong, in terms of theory and explanations of time it's definitely one of the best which people sometimes forget among the memes. His described guards for single sword are strong etc

The thing with it is it's written pretty incoherently and Silver ascribes short answers to things he doesn't care about. He tells you to use a longsword as you would a quarterstaff and then basically leaves it, so it's incomplete in that sense.

Slightly related. I was thinking about starting some HEMA, but the nearest school is hours away. Only thing near me is SCA. Apparently they just started up fencing, there.

Is it worth going to check out, or is it just LARPing? Everything I try and find out the group seems to be split between "no faggot, fencing is like wrestling with a big fucking knife in one hand" and "a supreme gentleman duelist should fight with grace and agility, not brutish power."

I can't find any unbiased commentary. Should I just join an MMA gym instead.

Get into this one.

Wrestling is huge in melee combat, even if you don't know how to fight with sword/knives, you should know wrestling.

SCA is larping.
While there might be a hemafag hanging out with them I doubt it.

Best just finding a few like minded faggots and setting up a study group to work through the material yourselves.

I might check them out for the arts and crafts stuff and see what the poz level of the place is, what sort of people are there. From the facebook page it seems 99% white, with the exception of an east Asian guy. If I'm going to find anyone in the local area interested in starting a HEMA study group, it will probably be there, or at one of the local martial arts schools.

I do have some martial arts experience, contact sparring and fighting, but I'll be the first to say I'm a novice when it comes to swinging sticks around. Otherwise it's a 5 hour round trip by train if I want to try any HEMA.

Just don't study modern fencing, it's actually bullshit.

Any self-defense school that tells you you can't do this, you can't do that because of muh rules is a shit school.

Yeah a minimum of rules is generally a good sign.
Only real rule the merry band I train with have is "no macho bullshit", meaning keep your ego in check, don't work through injury and if it hurts too much then say it.

Haven't done sport fencing myself, but my teacher did and he has complained about it often enough so I'll explain for anyone interesed. I'll tie it in with kendo(know a third dan in kendo who also does HEMA) and why HEMA generally differs.
But remember that "shouldn't do this" usually is worth considering, even if they can't explain the reason; look into it and try to figure out why something might be discouraged. It might have to do with general safety or it might just be a vestige of something completely garbage that can be freely ignored. A huge problem with kendo is that a lot of the things they're supposed to do, comes from old kenjutsu and have reasons for them but no one can actually explain those reasons anymore.

Anyhow, onto sport fencing and kendo:
TEACHES YOU HOW TO STAB SOMEONE AND THEN GET STABBED BY THEM HALF A SECOND LATER
pt1/2

In comparison:

And here we go again, just like the larpers who says that kung fu practitioners don't fight in MMA because their strikes would be "too deadly".

/k/ here. Yes, you can.

He's probably overstating his case. But to be fair, how many special forces guys have actually killed someone in melee combat? I'd think very few. Do you even need to be that competent a hand-to-hand fighter to be in special forces?

Yes you do.
Most relevant nations have a fairly substantial school of practice on the subject.
As in general infantry melee practice the UK leads the pack by a considerable margin, while the USA lags behind massively due to its willingness to abandon what works when new toys are presented to them.

Typically its utilised when you want to avoid making noise. With a heavy emphasis on sneak attacks.

A sf is trained to fight with knife and extended digging tool and bayonet at most. He is out of his elements in sword fighting.

You know how I know you're not American?

That’s where you’re wrong, kiddo.

HEMA is useful for us in both a physical and cultural sense. It encompasses a wide variety of fighting styles with a wide variety of weapons, many of which are still relevant to us. learning how to effectively fight with sticks or knives gives you a huge advantage over most people who are relying on instinct during a fight. People in Europe are going to be facing those kind of threats more and more in coming years. On top of that, it's a good masculine persuit for general fitness.
It also gives a link to our ancestors and history, people we can learn from and look up to. This is sorely needed right now. I think HEMA is a front we should be pushing, European history is great and we should be encouraging people to take pride in these aspects. Unless you are really cucked, this pride should spill over into other arenas and make people more willing to display pride in their people.

Eh, if you say so, though how much it gets implemented and how good they really are, I retain some skepticism about.
What, like the SAS people? I could believe there are some guys in there handy with a knife. I remember some anecdote about Christopher Lee instructing someone on the set of LOTR about what it actually looks like when a person is stabbed in the back.
As a burger I take great exception to…. ah, screw it, you're right. We're fucking clueless about most practical things.

SAS, Commandos, royal navy marines, etc. There's plenty of groups.
In general though the UK still retains a lot of melee combat training. Bayonet drill and use is still taught in basic to all army troops.
Hence why British infantry thought to perform bayonet charges in the Falklands and Afghanistan, in both instances it worked. Probably because nobody was expecting it.

In the UK the modern tradition for knife use has its roots in WW2 with the Fairbairn-Sykes knife. Still in use today by royal navy marines and anyone who passes the green beret training.
Used to also be issued in the USA as a number of teachers were sent to train US troops after the war. These days knife use is less developed and practiced among US troops, with a strong trend towards adopting fancy high tech solutions and silencers.
A lot of Fairbairns work is however still taught along with subsequent worked based on his teachings. What killed a sentry quickly and quietly back then still does so today.

Post kenichi smith

I personally know 15 SOF who killed someone in CQB. And yes you do need to be fairly good at hand to hand combat, both standing and ground.

Wanna get good at fighting any style you fancy ? Train it with stress testing. Just research it.

Mate you clearly never seem combat, understand 0 about SOF and think sword fighting/larping as an knight is something supernatural. Put any Ranger vs 2, 3 of your professional larpers.

I can smell the estrogen from here. Bunch of scragglebeards, aren't they?

Why do you faggots think ZOGbots know how to fight when there is a near 0% chance they will ever actually fight to the death in melee combat. If they run out of ammo, they run away. All this ZOGbot worship reeks of T_D. Go back to plebbit. You can talk all about your favorite zionist films there.

This. Most don't know that they train mainly with literal shovels.
It's not hard to spot christkikes…

How could you not expect this from such a low-T soyboy.

very suspicious of his nose.

Methinks someone should end him rightly

holycukingshitman, what the cuck.

Absolutely this, you can weed out the nerd/larpers in a second by seeing how much the cling to drills/avoid sparring.

I was lucky in that the first place I trained at was run by a grizzled ex army instructor British expat who had us for the most of any lesson in head and hand protection only sparring after 20 minutes theory/drills. Most of the attendees were fit and in other sports. Other clubs I saw were pencil necks who loved to do drills(badly) and talk about theory or meat heads who dressed up in full plate and swung for the hills.

Looks like a rat, no question

Why am I only just learning about these people now? Fuckin kiked education system.

The most effective martial arts are the ones turned into Sports. Boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, Judo. I don’t know why you say that like it’s a bad thing.

Fuck off. He's white as hell.

^ ASIO shill

MMA fighters also train daily, and train smarter/more effectively too. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

>>>/back/

Otherwise checked for martial arts bong afraid of being jailed for unwitting thought crimes.
He's probably practicing plausible deniability OPSEC for thought crime, OP. He'll be c& and b& living in that police state otherwise. The guy is dealing in contra-band European white culture he has to cover his tracks somehow.
DOTR needed

I take back the source bit, partially - it's fakebook.
TL;DR
Soyboy afraid of getting v& for thought crime in bongland does self-enrichment reprogramming.