The sage issue

It’s pretty clear that a few people are trying to shit up the board and sageing every thread with every reply. Anybody with a blue underlined Anonymous name has saged the thread.

What’s the point of all of this? Isn’t shitting up the board against the rules? Is this the same sort of officially condoned bullshit we see on 4cuck?

It happens on every popular board here but especially Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/pol/res/11008853.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sage

Perfect example right here.

Here OP, have a free sage on me

Thanks for the attention.

sage

Another prime example here.

Do you even know what a sage does you fucking newfag

Of course I do.

It's more like anti-attention

Only if nobody replies.

sage

Thanks.

dubs thread? on Holla Forums?

Check my dubs and check my 7

Sour grapes? Kikes?

Shits funny but wew lad.

sage

Thanks.

sage

checked

sage

Op, you know this is a slide thread. Unless you start saging your replies to the various sagings, you’re probably going to get reported and banned.

It’s obviously not a problem with a thread like this but every non-shit thread is saged for every legit reply.

Why is this tolerated?

reported for cancer

It’s not a slide thread though, it’s a sage thread.

This board is dead op, imkikey can't stop taking the Jewish dick from kushner long enough to give two shits

then start saging faggot

Not new at all, just curious to see how many (1) negroes I could flush out here with this.

A lot of threads around here are shit and do not deserve a bump, simple as that. Make good threads and people will bump them.

Reported.

Is it possible that this board is more ducked than cuck chan?

B A S E D Spencer threads are patrolled very nicely though.

Because sage is love, sage is life. Sage is almost as good as my 4

Are you fucking retarded, OP?

Agreed but it’s the worthwhile threads which are mass saged.

This is the new cuck Chan, has been since the election

sage

Nah quite the opposite, it appears we have sage issue here on the board.

so, even by your own admission, this isn't a relevant thread, you're just shitposting. if you're not too new, youre too much of a faggot to make threads

Cuck chan is less cucked than this board. But let’s talk about how B A S E D Duginism is!

Yes it is. Therefore, have a sage.

:)

Not any admission of the sort, this thread is relevant to the well being of the board.

what's the issue exactly?

So you made a thread that would make Holla Forums tell you to fuck off just to see if Holla Forums would tell you to fuck off? Genius

Every worthwhile thread is sage bombed by (1) posters as is every reply.

It’s pretty clear that a few OP's are trying to shit up the board and creating every cancerous threads with every cancerous reply. Anybody with a blue underlined OP name has created the thread.

What’s the point of all of this? Isn’t shitting up the board against the rules? Is this the same sort of officially condoned bullshit we see on 4cuck?

It happens on every popular board here but especially Holla Forums.

and how is that a problem

It’s not Holla Forums which sage bombs Holla Forums relevant threads. Probably those salty trannies from Holla Forums as well as various glow in the dark types.

Maybe you have a skewed idea of what's good?

Nope, I know what’s good. I’ve been here since before Moot was kicked off Some5hing Awful.

QTDDTOT

Typical sageposter.

Explain what you think sage does and how it shits up the board.
necrobumping is the real cancer

I'm 70% that those threads are made by a single autistic attention whore. They didn't exist in the past, they crop up on EVERY GODDAMN BOARD and they are made with autistic regularity.

I've rarely seen a Holla Forums relevant thread get sagebombed and when it happens it's always been done using an obvious bot. Care to point out an example of a Holla Forums relevant thread getting sage'd into oblivion?

70% certain*

It’s not sageing that shits up the board, it’s how it’s done and to which threads. Any useful thread is saged.

sage

Well gee, they’re filled with (1) posted bot replies, many of which don’t even make sense.

You've been on Holla Forums since before Holla Forums existed? Impressive.

What kind of reply did you expect when you spread that salty little pussy user?

how is mass saging a thread bad

???

It’s bad because it’s done in bad faith.

i think you broke the spambot kek

You’re a decent actor, almost Spencer tier.

how does mass saging a thread affect the thread?

Sorry chummmmmmmm, I’m realer than you are,

Just curious about this sage campaign. It seems to have gone into full swing after the trannies at Holla Forums had their mod DFE.

This post is shitting up the board because it's a shitpost with no content, not because I typed "sage" in the email field

It causes it not to be bumped, are you fucking new?

???

lel I think I did. Either that or made him freak out by demanding an example of one of these highly valuable Holla Forums threads that apparently get sagebombed regularly.

No, combined with bumping *actual* shit threads, it allows for a couple jokers to manipulate how the board is presented, especially as many posters sort by bump order or fail to use the catalog.

It also affects which threads are featured on the home page IIRC.

how is that a problem? it's not like threads are getting slid off the board. just bump threads you think are important.

Reported.

Bumping threads with content-free replies to counteract the content-free sages shits up the board.

Wow, scary.

GUYS…
it's a trap

A sage can be used to correct a mistake in a previous post or for clarification without bumping the thread unnecessarily. There's loads of legitimate easons a person would want to make a post in a thread without bumping it up and possibly another legit thread being bumped down.

You would know this if you lurked more, faggot

literally exactly what you're doing here. filtering this dumpster fire of a thread. kys

Show me an example of a valuable Holla Forums thread getting sagebombed or else you're lying about the whole thing

Yes. Which is why everybody is saging this thread. Because we would prefer that it isn't on the front page.

Sages *COULD* be used in the way you suggest, but they are mostly used to try to prevent people from seeing a thread or appearing on the home page and so on.

You already know this as it’s clear that you wish to excuse and defend this behavior.

B A S E D

sage

So then this is how you decide to keep your thread up in page 1 constantly, by being the only person to bump it and replying almost to everyone.
How… thoughtful…

It’s no different than using a large amount of proxies to sage any worthwhile thread, with the difference being that I am honest about my intentions.

why does this retarded thread still exist?>>11010310

You sound mad, I am calling attention to a big issue on this board.

sage

you are the biggest issue i'm seeing right now

Why don’t you bump an interesting thread! Jeez it’s easy.

sage

What are suggesting exactly? Do you want saging to banned?

Just go bump a worthy thread and ignore this one user.

What worthwhile threads are getting sagebombed, my friend?

So you're one of those faggots who thinks a useful tool should be completely banned from use because of a few faggots who abuse it?

Fuck off faggot and stop bumping your own slide thread.

Not sure, it’s worth discussing though.

Ahahah so funny. How's the weather in tel aviv, OP? Why does your kind hate being ignored?

No it isn't worth discussing. Sage is a necessary feature.

Did I say it should be banned?

Sounds like this would really piss off certain people, maybe it would be funny to ban both sageing and bumping, and order the board strictly by thread creation date or replies with no other option.

too fucking stupid to live

For example, here’s a thread which was sage bombed.

8ch.net/pol/res/11008853.html

E-celebs are cancer but YouTube kikes are out of control, it is worth talking about but the sage bombs and proxy shitposting makes it difficult.

While I never advocated it (reading comprehension isn’t your forte is it?) it would indeed be funny.

whew

I fail to see the problem here

Sage
Go back to reddit.

Fuck I forgot to actually sage now I am the faggot

You had one fucking job

On my cuckpad and I’m lazy.

It is a literal downvote in the most reddit sense, with the same purpose as a downvote on reddit.

Joke is on you, I didn't look.

Why do you keep bumping this thread you newfag?

go back to reddit tbh. you don't belong here

No it's not.

Thanks for upboating this thread newfag.

Yes.

It is indeed, it only works if we have non redditors sageing appropriately.

Upboated this thread again (ie bumped)

A sage is a downvote, a bump is a liter reddit tier upvote.

lol thumbs up plus one five stars look at my e-mail field

sage

No, it literally is not. All it does is stop the thread from being bumped by the reply.

Lurk forever you maximum fag.

sage = not bumped
bump != upbump

annnnd filtered

Enough downvotes will hide a particular comment entirely.
Sage simply does not move the thread.

QED they are not the same and you are a shitposting idiot.

Well obviously not everyone but try looking in any thread at those people who have a purple underlined anonymous, they all saged.

Except you, snowflake.

sage

IE the opposite of an upvote. IE a downvote.

it's like you can't even process a logic that doesn't include a comparison to plebbit

Practically the same result.

I didn’t start it but I will damn well finish it.

inb4

Going from "literally" to "practically" now, huh?

Yep, enjoy it and shine up newfag.

No wonder you love Reddit so much.

Checked, saged, and bumped.

Your claim that a sage isn’t a downvote is mere dogma and is not rooted in fact.

Reddit didn't exist when sage was invented.

:^)

There is literally nothing wrong with saging but it can obviously be abused.

Can we report people for having subhuman IQs?

sagerino faggoterino goerino fuck yourselferino

MOD PLEASE NUKE THIS CANCER
ANONS STOP FEEDING A BAIT THREAD AND FILTER THIS CANCEROUS DOG SHIT

The board would be very very empty then.

digits seem to confirm

half the time i just forget to remove it and dont want to double post