Overused weapons in games

AK-47s & AR-15s
Holla Forums What the hell? Why do devs love putting those two guns in games so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

world.guns.ru/assault/rus/korobov-tkb-40-e.html
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/18/russia-begins-issuing-ak-12-100000-ratnik-upgrade-kits-land-forces-develops-ratnik-3-future-soldier/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because they are the bread and butter of assault weapons

Because they're readily accessible and mass produced, you dunce.

What is up with this Japanese meme.

Gee user I dunno

Because AKs are awesome, fagtron.

Bullpups are girly

XM-8 all over again. Why devs keep falling for that one every time?

No FN2000 is for men

it hurts to live

Well, there is still hope that new guns by Kalashnikov Concern will get adopted, at least by special forces.

All that tan plastic triggers my inner Ivan Chesnokov.
That pistol is fucking bonerfuel though.

I HEAR OF 922 LAW IN AMERICA. ADDING PISTOL GRIP TO WEAPON MEANS YOU CHANGE OTHER PARTS. WHAT ELSE YOU FUCK? YOU PUT NEW BOLT EDIFICE? HOW ABOUT BAD FIT RECEIVER COVER FOR CHEAP SCOPE TO SHOW OFF AT HICK PARTY AND NEVER HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN?

SURE, IS ONLY YUGOSLAV COPY TYPE BUT IS STILL PROUD DESIGN OF SERGEI SIMONOV. THIS IS LIKE SENDING HIM BIRTHDAY CARD WITH SEVERED OFF THUMB OF DAUGHTER IN ENVELOPE. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERGEI! I PISS ON ALL YOU CREATE!" LARGE MOUND FORMS OVER SIMONOV'S GRAVE BY CONSTANT TUMBLING OF HIS ANGRY CORPSE. IS FAULT OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

RIFLE WAS FINE BEFORE YOU FUCK IT. NOW IS TRASH. MAYBE YOU CHECK IN GARAGE AND ORIGINAL BOLT EDIFICE AND WOOD ARE STILL THERE. MAYBE IS NOT TOO LATE TO KEEP RIFLE SOMETHING NOT SHAMEFUL TO TAKE TO FIRING RANGE. TAKE SHIT OF GOAT AWAY AND COULD STILL BE GOOD WEAPON.

It's a good looking futuristic sort of gun and is better paired with good looking girls.

Can't tell if it's supposed to be alternate history or the nips failed their gun research in this one thing

"Assault rifle"
"semi-automatic hand gun"
"shotgun"

at least mix it up a bit its kinda boring having a million guns with different names that all function very slightly differently. first person shooter devs are the biggest abusers of this. Get some good designs suckers.

i don't think i've ever seen an AR-15 in a video game

KF2 has one in 9mm

why?

It's a low-tier weapon.

I would actually like to see more stuff like the F2000, Czech weapons, B&T firearms and other stuff like that if we're doing modern arms. What gets me that the only STALKER mod that has the CZ Vz58 is LURK. More Czech guns like the Vz58 and Vz52/57 would be great. It would be nice to see the HS2000 and the VHS2 as well.

how can i make a gun and gunpowder using kitchen shit?

yeah they look ugly as sin fuck you

Ask /k/.
Charcoal and sulfur will make some simple gunpowder, but if it is needed you can use the black powder inside fireworks (flash powder) or match heads made into as fine of a powder as possible because otherwise it will ignite really slow.
Primers are easy, match heads and safety match striker pads mixed together, look out though because Armstrong Mix is unstable as fuck.
Guns need more specific instructions but again, ask /k/ in the QTDDTOT.

>>>/k/350474

OBAMA

Actually I like P90's since they were what they used throughout most of Stargate.

Holla Forums What the hell? Why do devs love putting white males in games so much?
I mean, it's not like the bulk of the game consumers (that actually pay for shit and are the target of the big studios and publishers) are white males, right? right?
The answer is stupidly obvious, user. Everyone can identify the AK and the AR family of rifles, most people prefer one or the other if they know anything about guns, they often get shown on TV, movies and other games. It's not that hard.

To be fair to the AK-47 and the AR-15, their designs, or designs derived from them, are used in some capacity by practically, if not literally, every armed force on the planet.

The P90 is a cute gun, and cute things always go well with cute girls.

Real talk though, why do revolvers and double-barreled shotguns get so little love from devs?

They use them so much because they don't have to license them.

Makes sense to me.

I just wish the generic assault rifle would be just once a AR-18 or an FNC, Give me the HK-93 or the CETME-L. Hell, even a Type-56 with the hooded sights and the pig sticker bayonet would do just nicely.

oh shut up

no one remembers OICW?

this was in the early draft for HL2 and was in the original Ghost Recon.

I mean, they don't import it by the dozen, but there are still available

No, girly guns are girly.

I know its old fashioned but I always wanted one. It make me hard.

You do realize there are anons who literally fuck their weapons, right?

Im just waiting for the pony gun to be posted.

:^)

No the one painted blue and its 20% cooler or something

anything about the mauser k98, I hate seeing my raifu disrespected

What about Soldier of Fortune 2 and half a dozen other games?

There's absolutely nothing wrong about cumming inside the muzzle of a HMG. It even lubricates the barrel. :^)

Z

SOMEONE ORDERED THE GAY PRIDE SPECIAL WITH A SIDE OF SHIT?

Reminder that someone bought the first pic and restored it

There is moreā€¦ unfortunately

that's not a Mauser, that's a Lee Enfield.

I hope to fucking god that's not the guncon, that better be just a fancy holder for that fucking playstation dildo they released

WHAT'S THAT FAM, YOU WANT MORE CANCER? SURE FUCKING THING

There is a genuine K98 that was faggitized.

That pink and yellow smg is pretty cute though, ponyshit aside. If I ever had a gf and lived in freedomland where I could actually buy a gun outside of a hunting rifle I'd get cute guns like that for her.

which one works?

Because the USA is the largest FPS market and they are popular platforms there.
The FAL should really get more love given how common it is but most 'mericans wouldn't have any idea what it is.

Because if it's realistic then it's still going to be AR vs AK 30 years from now.

What triggers /k/ more?

Shadow the Hedgehog or dual wielding?

I really like that but I can't tell what it use to be.

whats wrong with dual wielding
it makes perfect sense you have TWO GUNS AND YOU SHOOT TWO MORE BULLETS AT SAME TIME

Are you baiting them?

It was obviously an SKS.

FO shotgun

What about that one Borderlands 2 gun? You know the one.

The thing that triggers /k/ more than anything is shit like pic related.

I thought so but didn't want to make an ass of myself. I don't get why people have a problem with modifying extremely common guns.

but boolets go everywhere, instead of into target.

I don't even lurk /k/ and that pic triggered me.

I mean it's not like the gun name is in the file name or anything so obvious. :^)
world.guns.ru/assault/rus/korobov-tkb-40-e.html

He means this one you faggot.

If it's not about guns not working right in their eyes, I'm not interested.

Go fuck a kat :^)

Enough with tacticool spec ops black polymer in general. I want more games with bizarre, homebuilt, and Khyber-Pass type shit.

i dont think that a problem when 99,9% of the game with shooting have terrible gunplay anyways

I dont think 4th is supposed to be functional, but a mimic to rob dumb people.

See why yourea faggot?

i know little about the p90, let alone have ever fired one but god damn do i think they look cool and i like to use them in games, same goes for FAMAS even though i'm 90% sure in reality its french trash

maybe its cuz bullpups are popular in scifi anime

Why did they change the studio? I felt weird watching Teatrino and still didn't finish because of the animation and the shitty new opening.
Also, sage for being off-topic.

what went wrong with the ak-12?

the term is assault rifle u bitch

Pic 1 = Assault Rifle
Pic 2 = Assault Gun
Pic 3 = A Salt Weapon

for shame, user.

I see your Stug and raise you a Sturm.

Its the basis of Halo's Assault Rifle.

The Stargate program, amazingly enough, actually is the perfect niche for a PDW

I always wanted a Mauser k98 but can't because that stupid law.

I want oneā€¦

They literally just started issuing a bunch to spec ops.
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/18/russia-begins-issuing-ak-12-100000-ratnik-upgrade-kits-land-forces-develops-ratnik-3-future-soldier/

hey that's in a game i know

You missed potassium nitrate, commonly sold as stump remover. it works as the oxidant the charcoal or any carbon shit sugar can work and the sulfur acts as the catalyst. don't recall the exact ratio for it but that's it so have fun. you can then get a pipe and cap one end and drill a small hole in the side and make a primitive matchlock musket. load with diy gunpowder, ball bearing and poke hole with match. for maximum nipioton powers and to keep fingers strap it to pice of wood.

I want a Atelier game where you're a little girl inheriting a gun store and have to alchemy up guns and ammo. Also shoot slimes.

Are you stupid?

Yeah, pretty much.

Apparently. It wasn't that reliable, it was more complex and expensive to build and it wasn't significantly better.

Do you even read/watch the shit you post? They are not issuing the AK12 as seen here , they are issuing a modernized AK74M with some sort of semi free-floated barrel, hinged top cover with rails and extendable stock. It doesn't even have the same name.

They are issuing the A545/A762 to some units (which is a much more interesting weapon than the AK12).

bummer, it certainly looked cool

This is the new AK. Also called AK400 (because it is an expansion of the concept behind the AK200) or AK 16.

The MA is a really interesting rifle. Dragunov designed it for the short rifle competition back in the late 70s and lost to the AKS74u (which was cheaper and had parts in common with the AK). The design was really ahead of its time, lots of polymer, simple and efficient construction and a short-stroke action very similar to the SCAR action FN came up with not that long ago.

feels bad man

why even live?

It was a Czech replica.

It got the niggers to fuck off, didn't it?
Seriously though, it's your fault you couldn't find enough time in 2 weeks to at least file off the pony.

Chemist here, any alkali nitrate salt or stronger oxidizer should do the trick. The reducer should be charcoal; in theory even graphite or the mentioned sugar (don't use sugar) would work but in practice it NEVER reacts correctly, only pyrolyzed wood will do. Also be liberal with sulfur (perhaps 10%), the more ghetto the mix the more the sulfur is needed for the reaction to have a chance. In magical Christmas land where solid-solid reactions actually work, sulfur is completely unnecessary but the more ghetto the preparation the more it's needed.

Black powder needs to be explosive, it must not ignite. The reaction cannot be balanced for oxygen in the air at all; the reaction has to produce gas from solid substances and be triggered or accelerated by pressure. In current year everyone should be nitrating their own decomposition detonating explosives, terrorist style instead of just buying black powder kits.

wew

ima guna go with this random info graphic i found

i new the ingredents form beforehand but now i just have to find some sulfur

Maybe it brings japs to the memory of htis

I don't see why /k/ wouldn't find Shadow fucking hilarious

The pistol is Double action only for some stupid reason. I really don't know what the fuck were they thinking.

That is hilarious.

I keep seeing this shit around but I can't figure out for the life of me any non-suspicious way of getting potassium nitrate. I get that you can filter it off fertilizer but that takes a shitload of fertilizer.
I know mashing up match heads is a good way to get phosphorus but that burns slowly and doesn't make a good explosive.

You know clips can be a convenient way to load magazines, right?

I have a feeling if you practice for long enough and also have wrists of titanium you could make it work. Maybe not in an actual combat scenario but more in like practice.

Why does no one use this:

You'd be surprised what kind of absolute dogshit Khyber Pass gunsmiths can make functional.
Not good, but functional. It's almost admirable - like a wizardry in crudeness.

it looks gay lol

Source?

You can fire rock salt out of shotgun. It was sometimes used as less-lethal load in the past. Aim to the ass for maximum hilarity.

To cut costs, probably. It's a shame since we'll likely never see a third season now.

Mai raifu.

I have never even held hands with a gun before.

it is "STUMP REMOVER" go to hardware store and ask for help finding stump remover for a stump you have to remove.

What a sad life. You need to fix that

You know what games need more of? The FN FAL or the British Army L1A1 SLR. Battle Rifles are the best and if you disagree you're a Tec9 loving drive-by shooting fucking nigger.

Into /dev/null you go you fucking nigger

WHENWE
WHENWE
WHENWE
WHENWE
WHENWE
WHENWE
WHENWE

RIP RHODESIA.

ay fam, is pic related accurate?

Keep your sodding hands to yourself, ye imperialist lout. I just like BRs and the FAL is the most stable BR. G3 kicks to the chest like a terrified horse, M14 climbs like a baboon in heat chasing pussy and nobody cares about the rest of them.
Also, Rhodesia was 100% the fault of Europeans for not anticipating the niggers to nig the fuck out.

Goddamn user go buy your raifu or AR and do it. Shootings funs is beyond fun.

Engineer here, yeah it's accurate.

bread and butter being trashy peasant food. thanks to russias eagerness to arm civil unrest groups, ak 47s are pretty much the symbol of pretend militaries who are just scraping by. theyve now earned the reputation as nigger guns

Rhodesia would've been fine if the global community didn't backstab the Rhodesians. Rhodesia was the bread basket of Africa, now it's the king of the pile of shit known as Africa.
You're right about one thing, it was mostly the fault of the Europeans, but it's not for the reasons you think.

so what youre saying is, like any nigger they arent self sufficient and its everyone elses fault for not giving them everything and more on a silver platter.

The country was run by a white majority government. The British Crown turned their back on then when they want to become independent. Learn some history, faggot.

You do know what an embargo is, right?

Not everyone lives in america

The British Crown/government turned their back on them when they wanted to become independent.*

What? I never implied that. Do read what you've typed out? What you just typed is retarded. The white government and the white people there were sick of the British government, they were the ones who wanted to leave the union. Blacks didn't even have citizenship status, they had to earn it by joining the military, so they didn't have much of a say when it came to the colony wanting to become independent. Seriously, go read up on some of this stuff.

It's a good gun. The french army will switch to Berreta though.

if theyre so white howcome theyre literally just black ass niggers?

You really are ignorant, aren't you? You have given one single counter argument, all you've done is talk about the niggers, which is useless because that wasn't the point of the discussion. The whole point, that I was making; was that Rhodesia was a quite a nice place before it became Zimbabwe. Even you can't deny that. All I'm seeing from is posts that only serve as distractions from the argument.

You haven't*

famas was heavy and poorly manufactured
dont know anything about reliability and ease of use though

so a country becomes less white and orderly when they turn their back on jolly old white england, well who could have seen that coming? maybe they could have received outside assistance if it werent just an outpost in niggerland aka the birthplace of humanity. were all black you know so i guess that technically makes you a nigger too

Nope, the French army is switching to the HK416. It will be a HK416 specifically designed for the French military because it will have rifle grenade firing capability. The French love their grenades. They even issue knee mortars to soldiers.

The ARX? I know the italians already use it, breddy good gun.

It was so obvious that you only wanted (you)s. You could've at least surprised me, but you couldn't even do that.

If you're going to bubba up an SKS, that is absolutely the right way to do it.

Both, in that case. You can top-load into the in-place mag with a clip, or just swap the mag out.

AK-15 does exist though, it was shown off recently. It's shortly mentioned in a very interesting video about Russia's new tech, see embed.

The French are alright. They don't have dumb "shoot after being shot at" rules of engagement and they were quite effective during Operation Serval in Africa.

Speaking of the Stug..

What do you have against AK-47's? I like them.

Not a /k/ommando but i guess it has to do with the bullpup design and the small caliber round producing comparatively little recoil.

The MP5 is a pretty feminine gun too. I wonder if that's used just as often.

MP5? no.
The MP5K however

Foregrips look kind of butch, tbh fam.

Read somewhere the SAS used MP5s in a hostage situation and they were very efficient

Yeah, like in the Iran Hostage Crisis and Operation Fire Magic. They still look a little demure, though, and would look better on an anime girl than a limey in an alien bug mask.

Honestly the fire selector markings are pretty fun. If you encounter one dindu muffin you need semi auto, if you encounter more you need full auto and if there are no dindu muffins then safety is the way to go.