WARNING!! IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED SEGA SATURN LATELY SEGATA SANSHIRO IS ON HIS WAY TO BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF...

WARNING!! IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED SEGA SATURN LATELY SEGATA SANSHIRO IS ON HIS WAY TO BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF YOU UNLESS YOU POST IN THIS THREAD AND PLAY SEGA SATURN

Sega Saturn was the best 5th gen console behind the playstation, with a kick ass library, tons of inventive and new technology, and while it didn't change the world with insane 3D graphics or 100% new and innovative game play all the time, it did continue what felt like tried and true tradition from the 4th generation and provided an excellent library of games.

What have you been playing? Going with mednafen now that saturn emulation isn't garbage? Sticking with original hardware and a CRT 'cuz virtua cop can't be played any other way? Flash that action replay cartridge yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sega-Saturn-System-Video-Game-Console/dp/B00005CDR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476821175&sr=8-1&keywords=sega saturn
gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-vintageconsole,28zu0
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=15979.200
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mednafen still can't play PAL games amd its compatibility still pales compared to SSF

I'm afraid to turn mine on because of rumors of laser rot.

Can I play the Evangelion game in english?

The sega saturn fucking sucks op

ur a faget

Remember when Saturn emulation was still in its infancy? Remember when the only decent Saturn emulator was GiriGiri, which you had to pay for? Yeah, good times.

any way to fix that or is the disc fucked? All my other games work fine, it's just shining

Is there an english patched SOTN?

Has anybody played Deep Fear? Is it good?

only one way to find out son. Those hostages aren't going to shoot themselves

it's a very good survival horror game. Considering the popularity of deep sea stuff im surprised not a lot of people have played it.

try breathing hot air onto the disc and rubbing it with a very soft cloth, like a soft cotton shirt. Speaking of cotton, this is one of the best shmups on the system

Otherwise look into toothpaste resurfacing methods or find someone with a professional disc cleaner

Fukken saved

Sorry but the objectively best 4th gen console was the Nintendo 64. I don't even like it that much, but I still concede to the facts.

the library was like 30 games m8

Surprised nobody's posted this yet.

But, user! Hipsters and scalpers have gotten a hold of all of them, making the system an expensive purchase!

Because that cuckchan chart is shit and outdated. Deep Fear is listed as a Japanese import when it had an English PAL release and DBZ Legends PAL version is Spanish/French only and according to those fluent in those languages the localization is terrible. That chart also doesn't denote which games have fan translations.

Wait for an Holla Forums to be made.

the console is like 50 bucks, and the action replay 1m-4m cart is like 25-35 bucks, and you have the entire library then.

Playstation > Sega Saturn. How's that backwards compatibility with the genesis and 32x Sega promised? :^)

u wot m9
amazon.com/Sega-Saturn-System-Video-Game-Console/dp/B00005CDR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476821175&sr=8-1&keywords=sega saturn

did you even read the op

I can't tell if those people really are homeless, or just hipsters

I can't wait until the cucks that infested my hobby is purged from this earth.

Implying i'm wrong.

so you didn't read the op and are just retarded

I still don't see the part where i'm wrong. :^)

You're fucking poorfag user, I'm sorry. For s system that has a niche audience that's cheap. Saturn games on the other hand…

No one said you were

ok

Now where have I heard that argument before. Are you going to defend DLC while you are at it?

are you going to do anything but inoffensive non-contributing shitposts? I don't think I've seen an user this stupid in some time

But I did play the Saturn when it came out. It was garbage then and it's garbage now. Plenty of games do what saturn game do but better. You might as well ask for a virtual boy or 3DO thread free of shitposting.

reminder to "le retro gaymen" crowd that gamestop now sells a fuckton of every console you can imagine now for cheap shit. Call me a shill but I don't refuse deals that aren't sketchy, aka every single thing that I've bought used on amazon.

amazon is usually very safe for buying things from. ebay is a bit of a grey territory, but both sites side with buyers.

Both sites side with buyers and I will admit that I've always gotten my product but when it comes to retro shit the prices are jacked up way too high and are always in shit condition. The worst I've ever gotten from retro shit in Goystop was a few ps2 games didn't come in a proper case.

Someone really needs to update that chart, there is a fuck load of good games missing

yes, there's honestly a good few 100 maybe 150 great saturn games that have been poorly kept track of by charts like this.

You never know what condition you'll get things in, but in some cases you can even haggle lower prices on ebay in particular if the pictures show any undesirable wear. Even then, it doesn't hurt to have a brush and some 91% alcohol around for cleaning anything.

We need chart-user up in this bitch so we can get a new and improved chart.

My negro

I could see ebay's uses but I'd rather just pay a "premium" for a service (in my experience) that has a higher chance of meeting expectations.

Is it true, that collectorfags are shilling their dead consoles on forums to drive prices up?

considering how 80% of the discussion on these consoles here has to do with finding alternatives to buying the games, no.

Laser rot? What?

lasers in cd drives on any device die over time. saturns are old enough that the lasers stop being reliable.

I just never heard of that being referred to as "laser rot" before which confused me. One of the things I regret is selling the second Saturn I had, could have kept that as backup.

What if shills want to sell consoles, not games for them?

Lurking as usual, but it doesn't help matters that cover scans for certain games are rather low quality or have shit like the Saturn banner on the side partially cropped out for whatever reason. Also a bit hard to just check one of my usual sites like The Cover Project for scans due to the Saturn having a non-standard case size (TCP's console covers are generally sized for use with standard DVD cases, which works well enough for certain systems).

Did the toothpaste trick ever work? How much were you supposed to put on it?

Sounds like the same trick for car headlights, in which case the amount is probably "about as small as you can manage."

thats a pretty pathetic market then

fugg, any other stuff you got in the works?7

I'd like to think there's some good scans for certain games out there that I've been having trouble with, but it gets disconcerting when the only results that show up on average for various older games are the same two-three scans being shipped around to different sites (either that or search engines are blocking the better ones; seems ridiculous, but back when I was making the PS2 one, Google refused to turn up results for original label DMC3:SE, and I had to go to yahoo to find it). And I'm not sure how many anons have actual copies of certain Saturn games in good condition, and good scanners to potentially make fresh ones.

I've been working to get box/cover art for Genesis and NES/FC to make some for those systems, though as those threads are generally not all that common it's still at that stage of the process (I've generally tried to work on things with more frequency when there's more demand; used to be a lot of Gamecube, PS2, DS, etc threads, so those got made pretty quickly even though thread frequency on them is now fairly low).

what was funny is that Sonic R has troubles running on Yabuse, but Gundam Side stories: The Blue Destiny works fine

LOOK AT THESE GRAPHICS, IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A ZAKU

My controller isn't recognized by SSF, either. I can't seem to find any guides to making Xinput to work.

get the original hardware chief, you'll have much more fun that way đź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Ś

It's all overpriced trash
gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-vintageconsole,28zu0

EXCEPT for those ags101 SPs.

nigga learn how to greentext

waiting for that guy to release his flash cart before I go buying, also with no money right now that'd be difficult

Half of me just wants to buy from them simply because I know what they do to unsold games and consoles.

Gamestop is a cancer on collectors and vintage vidya

Give me something energetic to play on the Saturn. Especially if has great music.

Make me, you double nigger.

Gamestop also likes to scalp when they get a good opportunity to do so. Back when Xenoblade got reprinted (about a year or so after it came out), they got shipments in again, and instead of selling them unopened at the general $50 price, they opened them up, marked them as preowned, slapped a $90 price tag on them, and advertised them as a "vintage" game on their website to get some of that scalper pie.

Any good emulators to play saturn games?

Inferior to the PSX.
Panzer Dragon is junk. Whole series is junk.

SSF has highest compatibility, just make sure you pirate Alcohol 120% to have the best disc image software to run games.

Mednafen has ease of use and options for visual looks but lower compatibility.

Yabuse is a joke.

t. Sonycuck

I played deep fear as a holloween game. Its not as Good as Resi3/Code Veronica, the other Resi games I played. The main issue is the game is not difficult since you can refill your Air, Ammo and Health for free at designated spots. and by refill, I mean you can get 8 health packs at any health pack located in the game.

I agree 100%. N64 is in 3rd. Those who place it higher are not to be trusted.

panzer dragoon is the best game of its type, and has some of the best music for a game ever

I think those who place the n64 higher than saturn are just inexperienced.

not turning something on gives it a different kind of mechanical rot. it's best to run power through a machine every few months at minimum.

Then mine is fucking dead for sure

nah, it's not really set in stone. temperature and build quality play a big role. but the pastes and lubricants on things such as HDD and CD spindles can dry out if left idle for years. As for the electronic parts, capcitors can kind of leak out like batteries if left unused for a long time. But again it's not always the case…

OP, Virtua Cop 1 & 2 are excellent fun on 2 player.

Excellent picture, Tapestry is my favourite episode out of all the Star Treks.

Last Bronx deserved a sequel so badly. It was a great game, but felt a little unfinished, not quite as good as Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers, but pretty close. I was hoping they would bring it back when Soul Calibur 2 blew up in popularity, but no dice.

Also

Yet they included some Virtua Kids, which were just super deformed clones of VF characters already in the damn game, what a waste of space.

Segata Sanshiro can't beat up anyone when he's busy being 6ft under

I still would like to play it's niche games eventually

Good?

I turned on my sega saturn for the first time in a while tonight, OP, so now you have to STFU, but I've been waiting for the VCD slot add on that lets me play iso's from USB before getting back in to Saturn stuff.

why

What, you don't have an action replay cartridge?

Unlike Nintendo games, there were PAL releases on Sega and Sony that were better than their NTSC counterparts.

If you don't know, now you know

Miss me Holla Forums?

tbh I'd never want to play the PAL release of Keioh Flying Squadron 2 because the dub is horrible

I have never played a Sega Saturn.
Not even on emulators, I don't think.

I got better things to do.

Not even slightly, especially not that controller, how did the fuck that up.

I meant Bernie "The Saturn is not our future" Stolar , not the console.

I loved the Dreamcast but goddamn was that controller a step down from the Saturn. Less buttons, shit dpad/analog stick, wire poking out the bottom for some weird reason, Saturn felt better to hold, etc. VMUs were a really cool idea, I wish they were expanded upon more.

Kek

I wouldn't want to ever play the NTSC version of Shining Wisdom, either

The Saturn controller is the best controller ever.

the saturn 3D pad sure is

poke fun all you want but a 64 bits console just for the performance increase is a waste of time, money and effort. Should've given it decent hardware instaed of le 64 bits with no 4GBs of ram

it was a gimmick that added nothing to the system and in ways may have even hurt the system.

is this neptune

I've been playing Zero Divide: The Final Conflict recently. It's a well done Virtua Fighter clone with robots instead of people. Quadruped bot, spider bot, mantis bot, a fucking dragon, etc, way more interesting than VFs roster. AI puts up a really good fight but can be an input reading fuck at times. Also the music fits perfectly, I liked it alot. Feels a bit rushed with every character having the same ending though. I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan of 3D Fightans, it's a japanese only release but you don't need to understand the language to play, you just won't know the names of the moves in Training mode (oh well).

I'm going to be giving magical hoppers a try shortly. Game looked very pretty, but I'm also sitting on a copy of Twinkle Star Sprites and Fantastic Pinball.

whats the difference?

That strange character redesign of this game

I think this will become one of my case examples for when some people ask me why I play Japanese games that were released and translated in America.

Princess Crown translation, never ever.

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=15979.200

Not Saturn but here's another excellent example of that.

Game sounds good.

What her name Holla Forums?

Princess Crown. I'm wondering if newer games like Muramasa improved on everything it did thus making it pointless though.

Its not Saturn, but I would love to play this shit

no, it's a pretty different kind of game despite some similarities. Plus kamitani's art shines in such a beautiful way in all it's pixellated, 240p glory.

Working Designs took a huge steaming shit over the translation. It was so bad Sega hired another company to localise it properly for Europe.

You can't learn vietnamese

Far East of Eden series

if you never use it then it's good as broken already

Anyone try wachenroder?

A little, didn't get very far. Dope ass music though.

(((saturnian freemason fag))) pls go

Sakura Wars and Wachenröder

is this Time Cube?

Picture is shit.

> Talks about Saturn being depicted as Baphomet, which I can't find anywhere except in TSToAE, without evidence, and also illuminatiwatcher.com. I find some information that Baphomet was related to Saturn as a celestial body, but not to the Roman god named Saturn (Greek's Kronos). Also, the image accompanying it is not an idol of Baphomet, but of Moloch, a completely different god. The top right word there is even Moloch. Moloch is in fact the devourer of children, and is occasionally connected with Kronus. Nice work. Even so, this isn't illuminati shit or anything. Kronus was a god of the harvest (hence the scythe). He ate his children because there was a prophecy that one would overtake him as king. He was also therefore associated with child sacrifice with nearby religions. The Grim Reaper thing would also make sense by analogy if it was supported by any evidence.

Tinfoil hatters are the fucking worst.

It's much more obvious than that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Hi

Scud soundtrack as good as they say?

It's extremely unique, I think there's a lot to enjoy about it.

jesus christ what are you doing

like i know these lists are 100% subjective and all but you kinda need to cut everything from obscure games and honorable mentions by at least half their current size, and rearrange some of them to better sections, and even then specify which ones are BAKA GAIJIN-friendly and which ones need a comprehensive knowledge of chink in order to play. a lot of the games in those two sections just flat-out suck, or have better versions (or english translations) on platforms that make them far easier to find there than on Saturn. this list is a clusterfuck