Civ 6

It releases this week, and its looking like a huge improvement over Civ 5 in every way, why no one is talking about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vox-populi-9-30-modpacks-now-available.576318/
bundlestars.com/en/game/sid-meiers-civilization-vi-game
greenmangaming.com/games/sid-meiers-civilization-vi/
sullla.com/Civ5/bnwreview.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonians
sullla.com/Civ6/positivethoughts.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonian_language
docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3oou5iDn9epb25EOW1wdlNWU2c&export=download
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72061
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Civ isn't really a series I feel the need to discuss for whatever reason.

I just play and enjoy it. Pretty excited for it though since I've been in kind of a lull lately.

They sure do love their feminism points, don't they?

Because it isn't released yet? What do you expect us to talk about?

No thanks.

They will never release anything better than Beyond the Sword, and you know it.

They said the exact same about Civ 4 when Civ 5 was coming out
Look how that turned out.

I'm still going to get it because its the only thing my friends and I are on the same page in terms of strategy games.

Gameplay looks better from what I've seen, even if the artstyle is shit. That said the only thing I can imagine discussing is how much DLC jewery there'll be.

>>>/facebook/

For what purpose?

Shouldn't you go back to halfchan you fucking autist shirking?

What about the hundreds of gameplay videos released these last 4 weeks? Where they show pretty much all new mechanics?

Fucking autocorrect

I am willing to bet that it will be even worse the beyond earth.

Al's cool. :^)

Follow your own advice fam

Why in the fuck would I EVER decide, out of all the Civilization games, to play Civ6 (or 5) for the gameplay? Graphical update is the only thing they fucking offer, the gameplay gets worse every fucking iteration. Yet they fucked up even the graphical update, literally no reason to play this even if it were free, let alone with a hefty pricetag.

Thanks for agreeing with my point anyway, Civ games should be played for the gameplay and not the graphics, so let us just leave this thread to die and go make a Civ4 (or less) thread, shall we? Alternatively please follow your own advice and go back to cuckchan, they have constant Civ6 threads there so I'm sure you'd fit right in.

People are complaining about the art style because they're used to extremely realistic, completely non-cartoonic graphics of previous games

I'm also waiting for Civ VI but I don't watch videos of games so I don't know what's going on. What can you even talk based on videos? I don't think they can show many features before the release of the game

I foresee it being even more of a casualised piece of shit that Civ 5. That being said, unless there's some serious shilling here on Holla Forums, I won't even bother pirating it. Civ 5 and beyond Earth made me lose any shred of faith in the franchise

But a man can hope user. Can't he ?
Might be the only Civ title since 3 that significantly chagned the formula without an expansion so I'm cautiously optimistic, maybe they learn from the bullshit of Beyond Earth.

Most strategy and grand strategy games are mostly a game against yourself, trying not to fuck up with mechanics that limits the number of viable strategy. Playing against players grant only the benefit of a less predictable chain of stuff to react to, and possibly a layer of fun with friends contextualizing what you're doing. Other than that the core gameplay of strategy games is oddly similar optimal roguelike play, you're just following a flowchart and reacting rather than actively playing, if you want to win that is.

Catherine de Medicis as the leader of France is a slap in the face.

Why talk about games before release? It's always the same "it'll be great", "it'll be shit" arguments and shitposting. I would rather just wait for release and play it before talking about it.

So, out of all the possible French leaders, they picked the one that's Italian? Kek

Well Napoleon was born in Corsica when it was Italian so…

user, that's because graphics is all there is to talk about. What are you gonna talk about, the mobilegame-tier gameplay depth?

Why can't I just pick Peter The Great for science route, Ivan The Terrible for conquestan or Stalin for industry. For fuck's sake, it seems like such an obvious thing to do, too.

How goes the optimization? would give it a pirate, but Fireaxis games for the last few years are fucking shit when it comes to that.

You know, every time I start feeling well and truly sick of neo/v/ some user comes and makes a reasonable post like yours.
Thanks a lot, asshole.

Civ 4 has always been your friend, user.

So, you're from cuckchan or simply new on the job?

I can't wait

Graphical quality =/= Art direction

While I admire your skepticism (hype is the first step on the road to disappointment), stop pretending like you aren't from 4chan.

Everyone came from 4chan. If you didn't come from 4chan, you'd have to be a fucking child.
This website is what, a year old?
Being on 8ch doesn't make you cool, Holla Forums is just a cheap imitation of 4chan, just like 4chan was a cheap imitation of 2ch, and all the memes on 4chan came from Something Awful.

Now please, lose that attitude.

t. 4cuck

Because of DLC obviously.

Holla Forums is very good at spotting shit games.

There is no reason to assume Civ6 will be good. It looks bad, Firaxis' track record has been bad so why get hyped?

Nice try fag

"I don't know what I'm talking about" the post.

Fuck off, shill

I didn't. I abandoned 4chan in 2008 when the cancer became acute, and fucked around on 7chan for the next 3 years or so. Then I quit imageboards altogether. I came to Holla Forums in 2014 after GamerGate got started.
So basically what I'm saying is that you should kill yourself.

Came in here just to tell you how big of a faggot you are, holy shit
End yourself

They recently introduced Gorgo as second leader for Greece, just to have ~*A GRRRLLL*~ as leader.

Literal fictitious female for libshit points.

enjoy your no game

?

I wish GamerGate had never happened.

I think it's cool to read the stories about female leaders and what they did for their civilizations. However, now that little opinion of mine makes me a numale cuck, obviously a sjw and literally retarded.

Oh well, doesn't matter to me. I'll probably enjoy the game like I enjoyed the last 5.

How fucking pathetic does someone have to be?

I'm not making anything up, you nigger. If I were going to lie, I'd make myself look better. Why is it hard to believe that someone left imageboards and then came back?

No, the problem isn't the fact that they have female leaders at all, it's that they obviously were grasping for straws to find them. Elizabeth and Cleopatra are no-brainers and nobody complains about them. Catherine de Medici however? Or fucking Gorgo, whose biggest achievement is being the wife of one of the Spartan kings? Or Thomyris, who may not even have existed?

Well yeah but like, no shit. There weren't very many to choose from, right?

Upon figuring out there was even one woman in a position of relative power, they probably set out to design a civ around her.

And people would probably complain if they kept using only the most prominent female leaders, just like they do with the most prominent male leaders.

Seriously? I agree with what you meant but I think giving Cleo as an example is wrong here

People mostly complain about female leaders being there just because they're female, even though a male one did much better than them. Catherine de Medici and Napoleon would be good example here I guess

looks good but I require torrent.
This game is stupidly over priced and Monte is DLC.. that shits unacceptable.

What? It looks like absolute garbage. Looks uglier graphically than Civ V. Has strong feminist and nigger propaganda all over it. Gameplay looks just like vanilla Civ V gameplay, so again it's an unfinished game.

Until it's actual release date I'll just play something else before pirating it like I always do.

What are you talking about? The gameplay in Civ games is absolute dog shite as well. They're some of the worst strategy games I've ever played.

I'd rather play more EUIV

I agree on everything except that last point. They actually fixed a lot of the problems Civ 5 had. Plus Sean Bean. Come on. The VAs in Civ 5 were shit in comparison. I hate that the characters no long talk though.

I think you're a gigantic cuck faggot. Yes, your opinion DOES make you a numale cuck. Do you not see what they are doing? What is the point of replacing NAPOLEON of France with some bitch who nobody ever heard about?
What is the point of replacing Ramses II or some of the other most successful Egyptian pharaohs with Cleopatra, the bitch that was the worst leader in the history of Egypt?

It's not about them being women, it's about the devs portraying those female leaders as some amazing leaders, when in reality in history they were quite incompetent in comparison to the male leaders the same nations had.

Because its bad.
Its not pleasing to look at, look at what the fuck you posted.

LOOK AT IT

Now look at Civ 6
LOOK AT IT

Thanks for proving you are just talking out of your ass and don't know shit

Tech tree split into techs and civics allowing more freedom while advancing through eras
Eureka/Inspiration boosts that speed up tech/civic development, stuff like setting adjacent to ocean gives 50% sailing development
Unstacked cities and districts taking whole tiles. You can do stuff like getting access to ocean by building a dock district 3 tiles away from a land locked city center
Individual city happiness and housing limits
Religious victory and religious combat (ideological battle vs other missionaries)
Limited unit stacking, you can now make strong unit stacks, but not doom stacks
Workers and work boats replaced by builders. These units have charges, but build improvements instantly
Roads automatically built by trading caravans, internal trading is much better now
Civs can have more than one leader, each leader have a different ability and AI agenda, all leaders of a civ still share the civ passive, special unit and building
AI is more rational and backstabs less
Scouts now gain exp by exploring
More options on early game, scout,scout,monument is not a granted go to every time
Each great person has a special ability based on what that person did and when it lived
All city states have different abilities and bonuses, and can't just buy all city states with gold
All natural wonders have special bonuses
Wonders now take a full tile, wonder hogging is much harder, and you can actually see which wonder a civ is building if you have vision of them
Art and tourism reworked, it doesnt feel like a bandaid mechanic anymore, same with faith

That looks great on paper except the execution will probably be awful.

Purple science

Optimal build order to beat the AI on higher difficulties, here we come.

We'll see. The tall/wide balance will probably still be fucked to hell.

Yea, sure. I believe it when I see it myself.

That wasn't a go-strategy for ages in Civ5 either.

The shape of his head makes him look like an alien

If you had watched any gameplay you would see how everything works with great synergy

shitty marketing thread?

Really I think his head looks like a dick.

Yeah sure thing bud.

Civ 5 and Beyond Earth is why I'm skeptical.

Really feels like it.

Civics is based on culture, going full science will result in weak government and policies
Btw they also improved the policy system, it's similar to civ4 government system, but better
The eureka bonuses are heavily dependent on geography. You cant always get the same minmax, you have to adapt every time

I'm pretty sure that Civ 4 with the latest patch allowed you to play any civ with any leader.
I tried Louis XIV (the best for civs with tons of culture, filled with world wonders) with the Portuguese so I could profit from their unique Caravels, which allowed you to immediatly move troops to the new world.

Damn son try not to be such an oblivious shill for civ6. I think you need to stay off the internet or go over to >>>/tumbler/ where it's a safe space for ya

For the first time in years the devs allowed almost full access to critics several weeks before release, that's the reason I think they deserve at least a chance

I won't defend the pre-purchase bonus tho, that was fucking retarded

The preview build was locked to schmuck difficulty though, we don't know how it plays on Real People difficulties. Civ5 was great too as long as you didn't go past Prince.

They had Alexander the Great as Greece's leader since Civ 1. I'm pretty sure Leonidas is more important than Gorgo. Affirmative Action at its finest.

Civ 2 had it worse, I believe some of the female leaders were a Valkire, a greek goddess and Nancy Reagan.

Elizabeth, Victoria, Isabella, Catherine, even Boudica were good choices.
Cleopatra's only achievement is being alive when the roman empire destroyed Egypt. Both Tutankamon and Hatshepsut had more merits.
On a side note, I have mixed feelings about Civ3's choice of Joan of Arc as French leader. Sure, she never truly lead the french but she is a symbol of the country. It's like having the Statue of Liberty as leader of the Americans (wouldn't that be cool).

Wait till they fully release the game via the "GOTY" edition :^)

HOLY SHIT, GO BACK THERE AND NEVER RETURN HERE AGAIN YOU OBIVOUS CUCKCHAN RETARDED NEWFAG SHILL.

I don't really get their approach to nations/leaders this time around anyway. It seems like they wanted to do entirely new leaders with classic nations but then they didn't go far enough. It seems like they wanted some less obvious nations but chose Huehueland and something that was barely a "nation" (Scythia) to begin with. vOv

I'm really looking forward into this.

I actually liked this idea from Civ Revolution.
Also, the trading routes from Brave New World had some good ideas.

I miss the FULL ZOOM of Civ 4. Seeing a Wonder in the make was another good idea from civ 5.

Last two times I played a hardcore tourimsm victory I was bored as hell. I needed like double the turns of a normal play, turns were incredible slow and nothing really happened. Art swapping was cool, though.

I'm amazed they didn't put Marie Antoinette as leader of France, or Sacajawea as leader of Native America.
or Merkel as leader of the European Union

In what way? Aping the art style and gameplay from Endless Legend?

What I'm seeing is a company who's last two games were an unfinished one which is unplayable without expansions and a shit remake of an older game everyone loves and not even pcmustardrice reddit steamfags like.

I'm also seeing the most hideous art style I've ever seen in a serious 4X game picked for the sole reason of either
1) being more like Endless Legend, in which case they have no ideas and copy other titles badly or
2) they feel there's nothing new to bring to the table so they want to trick people into thinking it's different.
Either case, it's gonna be shit until proven differently.

You're a shill, aren't you?

Alright faggot, let's bite. Does he has a French lineage? YES. Does she have an Italian lineage? YES. Does that make you any less retarded? NO.

yeah because they didn't do shit you fucking nigger

Wew lad, now THAT'S reaching

Le nuke goblin

Having a more cartoony style is ok.
We had already agreeded that odd civs would be realistic and serious and even civs would be colorful and playful.

I like the multiple civ leaders option
I will be making a Trump mod when they release it
Ability:
Make America Great Again
All trade routes with other civs and city states give extra 2 gold 1 culture to america
Earn a free builder every time you enter a new era, can spend a build charge to instantly build a Wall arround a city
Agenda:
Dealmaker
Likes civs that trade with him, Hate civs who refuse deals or don't send trade routes

How so?

Fucking Christ not when it looks like shit.

I miss Civ 1. It was the best of the series. They haven't done anything but overcomplicate it and break core mechanics since.

Gee I wonder how much OP is paid to post these threads.

Civ 4 allowed you to customize traits, faggot.

I don't get the h8 vs Civ VI either, apparently womyn leaders and cartoony graphics are enough to already catalogue it as a failed game. I welcome our new cunt overlords tbh, i was tired and i am still sort of tired of seeing the same fucking leaders in every iteration.

But what do you expect OP, i bet half the people ITT hasn't played any civ game

Because Amazon Warriors is better.

Because it's still inferior to Endless Legend

Fuck off shills. Nobody wants to buy civ revolution 2 pretending to be a mainline game

also

What? You mean the paid alpha test? Because the full version of the game isn't going to come out for another two years.

It's like you don't know who Firaxis is. If you weren't aware, they're not above selling a Civ 5 mod for $60, and that there is not even a reason to buy it until the complete edition launches, regardless if you'd like it or not.

Firaxis.

They claim it's because they want to completely theme each civilization as one specific way. Whether or not that's true, their claim is a thinly veiled way to say that each civilization is designed to have less depth and to be played one single way with zero variance.

Cool set of patch notes, though they probably looked better when they released them for Beyond Earth.
Claims every new release, expansion, and patch
Cool, that's the best part of Spore
tl;dr: the same people who claimed Civ 5 was better than Civ 4 for doing away with Civ 4 mechanics are praising Civ 6 for returning to Civ 4 mechanics.
Well, they had to keep roads in the same somehow, considering they porked workers. It's a shame that they did it by drawing straight lines between cities automatically.
City states are still a thing, and that's not a good thing
You mean the things that have been around since earlier Civ games, where you can see things mid-construction by looking at towns, or gather scout experience by exploring huts/ruins?

That was sort of embarassing to read through, because almost half of those aren't new.

Critics wasn't the word you were looking for here. What you wanted to say was, "biggest fans". Nor is this new, because Firaxis always does this - e.g. giving XCOM 2 to people like Beaglerush. They didn't give the game to anyone who would criticize it. They gave it to people who would stream it to hundreds of thousands if not millions of people, who simultaneously make a living off of gameplay footage of these games.

I'd be impressed if they put the game in the hands of people who didn't historically cooperate with Firaxis at every given opportunity. But they didn't.

I believe you've misinterpreted the fact that even numbered Civ games took on a more advanced style. Civ 2 took on isometric, and was still unpolished graphically when compared to Civ 3. Civ 4 took on 3D, and was still unpolished graphically when compared to Civ 5. Civ 6 is just ugly.

literal teenager

We all know that Beyond Earth recycles Civ 5's engine.
But two main Civilization games with the same engine is not only unheard of, it should be forbidden.
Do you have any proof?

PD: I'm pretty sure that the engine of both Civ3 & Civ4 was heavily recycled from Alpha Centauri & Pirates!, respectively.

Because like all the Civ games; it won't be worth playing/pirating until all the expansions are out.

wouldn't it technically be Civ Rev 3 since Civ Rev 2 already exists?

I think this game will be okay. They have some shitty choices in leaders. But since they confirmed having multiple leaders for civs, there's a chance that they will make less retarded choices, or bring back classic leaders. I like a lot of the ideas this game has going for it, like making the cities spread out. I always thought the way Civ 5 handled cities was pretty boring. Also reworking art, culture, great people, and making there actually be a point to religion are welcome changes in my book. Having crusades will be amazing. I don't know what to make of the hidden agenda system yet. But I would definitely wait for the game to go on sale before considering buying it.

im at work nigga, can't be posting all day

I have a counter-offer.
It's a community modpack called Vox-Populi
It re-balances how happiness works so that it's not dependent on luxury resources and taking or making cities doesn't impact your happiness so heavily anymore, makes tourism and culture more effective early game, adds monopoly bonuses to luxury and the important strategic resources where if you control 50% (there is a 25% if it's a strategic resource) of the world's total amount of that resource, you get a nice bonus, changed the tech and military tree so you need to pay attention, cities give unhappiness based on their needs i.e. you suffer unhappiness for having cities disconnected from the capital, and many more
forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vox-populi-9-30-modpacks-now-available.576318/
to install just go to your civ5/assets/dlc and unzip in there
if you plan to play this on MP with friends, make sure to turn off random events as it causes desync
recommend against playing with other mods installed

Or just play Endless legend.

I got it during the sale, and been having way more fun than I've ever had with Civ 5

or you could try not spending more money, atleast give it a good try before dismissing it, if you dont like it, you can just delete the folder when you're done.

In Civ. 5 the most common strategy was a thin and tall civilization starting with a tradition policy track. While a Liberty & Piety strategy with a short and wide civilization was possible it was much more difficult to win.
In Civ. 6 it looks like they title improvement system and city structure system has been changed. Basically a top level mechanics change to city management and resource generation. It could be good or bad depending on how well balanced this new system of resource optimization turns out. Like all civilization games wait till someone with at least +100 hours say anything.

I'm still mad about Cossacks.

Why must this game come out in the middle of my work week? Oh well, not like I'll be getting any sleep over the weekend anyway.

If anyone was looking at buying, I found it for 20% off.

bundlestars.com/en/game/sid-meiers-civilization-vi-game

greenmangaming.com/games/sid-meiers-civilization-vi/

not a shill but I'm sure this is of use to someone here.

They didn't have to chose women moron. This is why you're a cuck. Choose influential leaders from Civilizations not bullshit because it needs women, it fucking doesn't.

If they can build interesting mechanics around them, then I don't give a shit.

Complaining about "muh feminazis" is retarded when said loathsome dames probably haven't even heard of Civilization because they're too busy complaining about microagressions to become cultured.

Good for you, you contribute money to an ideology that will give your job to someone with a vagina even though they are less skilled. There are more important things than playing the latest videogames and I'll not have history and culture be spat on for women that you admit have no interest in games in the first place.

Seriously, what was you point, with this?
That's insult to injury.

Money is completely and utterly irrelevant to an ideology; the only currency that matters is social and political clout. Guess what you're generating when you allow feminism and social justice to frame totally irrelevant discussions?

Ahahaha. Next you'll be saying advertising budgets don't determine elections.

Only two that spring to mind are Gorgo and Cleopatra. Technically Queen Victoria, but it refers more to the era than the regency I wouldn't say no to Gladstone, though.

In Cleopatra's case, Firaxis has done this multiple times before. She's too popular, even if Hatphetsut would make a better, and still female, choice. Gorgo is just pure what the fuck.

Gilgamesh and Tomyris are great picks, to be honest, they're only semi-legendary. They existed, but accounts exaggerate them to mythical status.

sage

Get a load of this Spaniard.

Dykes with a y, dipshit.

The best part is none of those women were feminists.

The only people who say this are redditors, so enjoy my sage again.

Victoria was an ANTI-feminist, in fact, and campaigned against suffragists.

To be fair, every Civ game has serious, serious flaws. Civ IV had putrid fucking combat and was practically unplayable at higher difficulties because rival Civs would always have larger stacks than the player could field and ignored war weariness.

The quick fix was to make catapults and other artillery do collateral damage. The AI didn't realize this so players could win by suiciding six or eight artillery and then mopping up afterwards. It was a clusterfuck and one of the things that V (and VI) have fixed.

It's going to be shit.

but you're the one who said "sage" after listing things he didn't like , fuck off redditor

Having to use up workers makes pillaging more devastating AND makes raiding more profitable. How many times do you end up with four or five extra worker units you have to disband after a long war?

That's flat out wrong. You can stack multiple units, though it's still limited. You can also combine units to form armies that grow larger by era. You get diminishing returns (a two unit army has something like 180% of the total strength of the units) but it allows you to concentrate your forces and bring even more force to bear in a single tile.

Never, there's always something useful for workers to do, even if it's just pumping up the pop in a town.

It is nice that they've gotten rid of 1UPT at least.

Was the last Civ game you played III? Workers in IV and V don't take population to produce and can't be added to cities which led to the problem of having too many workers after a war or in the late game when your infrastructure is up and running.

Yes.
Yes it was.
IV threw in too much shit to manage for my tastes, and V was… V
I just want to see the leaders change clothes as the eras change again

Yes, sage. Thank you.

Corsica became a part of France only a year before Napoleon was born there

At least Catherine is the only really questionable one this time, and they're not complete asspulls like some of Civ 5s, like fucking Dido.

because nostalgianiggers on the Holla Forums have convinced themselves nothing good will ever happen.

He actually looks like a street shitter.

Great job Firaxis!

Catherine de Medici ruled France for at least two decades either as regent or as mother to a boy king who died at 23 and slept in her room until that day. She was the power behind the throne until the day she died; while not the most noteworthy ruler of France I would say King Louis XIV takes that title she's certainly better than De Gaulle.

I miss that. I also miss upgrading the palace.

Gorgo is dumb but not because "lol womyn", Leonidas would be just as bad. Sparta is shit.

Cleopatra is pretty bad, yeah, can't really argue against her inclusion. Even from an exclusivity standpoint, Hatshepsut would've been a better choice.

What's wrong with Victoria?

They should have stuck with Alexander the Great, he's literally the person responsible for making Greece into the superpower it was and he wasn't even Hellenic either

Cleopatra is just the first name that comes to the normalfag mind when you say "Egypt," possibly even coming ahead of Ramses, so of course she'd be in a Civ game.

She's not Queen Elizabeth.
Seriously though, how is Queen Victoria a bad choice? Bitch had an entire era named after her.

Nobody wanted Alexander to come back, he's been the first or only leader in every game when he's from a Civ with lots of different people who could also be used.

cause its shit

Like who?
Greece would have been a fucking historical footnote if Alexander hadn't walked in from Macedonia and taken over the known world in a decade or two.
Show me a Greek leader who accomplished even a quarter of that, and maybe you'd have a case for Alex's retirement from Civ games.

who the fuck plays greece in civ?

You're making out as if I'm saying there's better Greek leaders than Alexander when what I'm really saying is that there were leaders who were good and could be used in Civilization who aren't Alexander for the 6th time in a row.

I wouldn't care if Alexander succeed in conquering the entire world, and Earth was just Planet Greece to this day, I still wouldn't wanna see his smug face in Civ for a 6th time in a row.

Victoria was an ineffectual ruler who did very little and bartered away the crown's powers to parliament for very little in return.

She has an era named after her, true, but that's more because of the length of her reign than her power. She was a puppet ruler- her rule is when Parliament overtook the Crown in English politics.

For royalty, I'd say William the Conqueror, Richard the Lionhearted, or Queen Elizabeth would be the best choices. Outside of royalty, I'd nominate Churchill, Gladstone, or possibly Oliver Cromwell.

right and in the end they just serve to give personality to the AI.

I hope after the death of KAT somebody here will be kind enough to post a magnet link. Hint hint.

Okay I laughed at that pic. Well done.

Civ6 at release is already better than current Civ5

You CAN stack up to 3 units into an army, but the option only comes later in game

I thought it was up to five with diminishing returns for each addition? It depends on era, right?

Mystery boxes. It's kind of like with horror, once we know the game is shit for sure it becomes boring.

In the same way that flak cannons are very good at shooting down bombers, yes. If you toss enough lead into the sky, you're bound to hit a few targets.

I really don't know how to feel about it.

I sorta like Civ IV's graphics, but since I wasn't a PC gamer when the game released, I find them lacking since I compare them to games released since then.

Loved Civ V's graphics, but they make the mods look kinda bad in comparison since modders usually just use still images.

I really don't like VI's leader animations. CivRev I can deal with because it was goofy and reveled in it. This looks goofy while intending to be serious.

E.T.?

Tomyris(queen of scythia) was fucking rad. She beat the shit out of Cyrus the Great and poured blood down his corpses throat to "sate his thirst for blood"

I have to admit I only played Japan in Civ 5. That fucking "wounded units fight at full strength" advantage was GODLIKE and I couldn't part ways with it. Samurai are cool too.

The "all games are shit sage" crowd is a relatively new phenomenon I'd say.

At any rate, in the case of this game people should be skeptical, for the reasons named in this thread. Firaxis are not all that great.

I don't get why this pisses people off

She was an actual queen of france and did important things during her rule

what's the issue?

I hope they will include Olga of Kiev as the alternate leader for Russia. We had Romanovs, we had Soviet leaders, it's time to have some Rurikids.

For what purpose?

t. shill
why even bother

Catherine de Medici actually did shit and was a competent leader

Cleopatra only slept with people who did important shit

5 is fine.

Because Civ 7 is coming out at Christmas.

It honestly depends on what your opinions on Civ V were. After BNW, I can't go back to Civ IV- stacks of doom and the absolute bullshit AI Shaka setting off a naval expedition to attack my capital twenty turns before we even meet is one hack too far. I wasn't so badly burned by Beyond Earth, either, because I remember the debacle that was Civ IV: Colonization and the problems with Alien Crossfire.

By including female leaders they are going against the feminazi narrative that women have been oppressed throughout history and thats why they never achieved anything.

For casual play, sure. But a bunch of design choices are just bad.

I cant wait.

I really don't know why they always choose Gandhi and not Ashoka. Gandhi was a fucking nigger compared to Ashoka.

sullla.com/Civ5/bnwreview.html

Sulla lists the fundamental problems with Civ5 pretty eloquently. I don't see how Civ6 differs from them.

Civ 4 had both of them. Different leaders representing different times and achievements of the civ are a great way to characterize civs, aside from the one-nome civs like Carthage.

I'd argue that Civ 5 had some good ideas with poor implementation. I understand where the guy is coming from (from this excerpt), but a lot of that was not fundamentally bad to the experience. Social policies allowed you to develop a play style more unique and specific to you or the civ you were currently playing. The real killer for the game was the way happiness and food tied into research with no support from other resources.

You could infinite city sprawl in Civ 5. You just needed to abuse certain religious benefits and some teams. But if you didn't get pagodas and/or mosques you basically couldn't do it, at least not nearly as effectively, because lolglobalhappiness.

Pyramids could ICS. They provide science, faith, and happiness with the right pantheon belief.

The main thing that hampered ICS was the science increase- aside from the Maya, no Civs have access to scaling science production.

Civ V has a healthier meta game than IV. Slavery was hands down the most powerful civic and you'd constantly whip your populations to the bone. This made food vastly overvalued while production was worthless.

Compounding the problem was the fact that stacks resulted in the winner losing massive amounts of troops, regardless of how cunningly you planned your defense/offense. Given the massive production bonuses the AI enjoys at higher levels and the fact that war weariness ONLY affects the player warfare devolves into artillery spam for the player, stackzilla for the AI.

That was pretty much the civ I was talking about, and it is absolutely disgusting when you do it.

Explain.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonians

I have just been browsing through his page, and it seems he has written up a speculation post about Civ6 three days ago. The abstract: Altogether optimistic about economy since many design decisions seem improvements over Civ5, feels that Civ6 will likely have a less freebie-focused & more decision based game, 1unit/tile is probably still bad, multiplayer is not likely to be good, has some trust in the lead designer due to apparently successful work in enthusiast historical board games, there'll definitely be some bad mechanics and bad design decisions because there'll always be.

sullla.com/Civ6/positivethoughts.html

Civ6 basically fix everything listed

maybe the last two are still there, gotta have to wait or watch more long gameplay videos to know

maybe depends on wonder/civ/leader bonuses

So they kept all the good leaders for eventual DLC shittery right? Is that why the current selection is so shit?

these mustaches were so baller and manly back in the day
now only numale beta hipsters wear them

Fun fact: Cups used to have special moustache protection so you wouldn't get coffee in your 'stache.

thats fucking gentlemanly

My grandma had a few of those never figured out what they were for.

Look, Bismarck is great and all, but Barbarossa was a kebab remover extraordinaire. He's exactly the kind of leader Germany needs today.

I hope you're not calling Theodoore Roosevelt a shit leader, user.

You pretty much did.
The big 2 city-states, Athens and Sparta, were as different from the Macedonians as Poles are from Germans.
Basically, imagine if Bismark or Hitler were Polish, and you'd have the sort of situation behind Alexander the Great.

Theodore was pretty based, just how the hell did FDR turn out to be such a Jew loving cuck?

I don't know about you, but I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion pack.

well multiple leader choices per civilization is back so I see no problem with this

Intellectualism was a mistake

Yes random Graceland track, best single album ever released

Because the internet didn't exist during that era. It's the same reason why I think minnineals are a bigger threat to human existence than baby boomers. The boomers were just tricked, the fucks that are the new generation outright refuse to look at facts when they have the ability to look it up in an instant via the internet which they have access to thanks to any smartphone. Boomers might have set the foundation for this whole mess but the minnineal pieces of shit are the ones defending it to the death.

you're a millennial, user

Now shut up

i don't know why, but this nigger looks so trusting, and convincing, like i would totally believe anything he would tell me
weird

No actually, I think he was spot on.

Sounds like feminist fantasy/revisionism.

Nobody is reading all that shit.

Also shit game, stop bumping this dead thread.

the kikes promised to give him legs.

I would totally buy crack from this nigga. I bet his rocks have almost no baking soda in them.

kek

For you, a special deal. Buy one get one crack rock free. Only 200 dollars a rock.

I didn't imply anything, I made a direct statement. Why don't you stop spouting random shit and go back to high school.

FDR, like Lincoln, was willing to do anything possible to preserve the Union. It was either social programs OR communistic revolt; he cut it off at the head and preserved the United States.

Also, there is no fucking way the United States would ever go to war with the Germans against the French and British. That's just wishful thinking on Holla Forums's part.

He enabled Woodrow Wilson to win the election by spoilering Taft's voting base. Why did he do this? He was convinced to do so by J.P. Morgan. Pretty fucking based indeed

SJW shit

Taft split the party by bringing up the tariff issue and Teddy loathed JP Morgan, especially after he tried to "do business" to settle the anthracite coal miner's strike.

Bump because it releases today and we need a torrent see how godawful it is.

Thank you for correcting the record, not!2K

maybe shell be hot then.

But Macedonians were Hellenic from the start:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonian_language
Considering that Alexander was a pupil of Aristotle, that's an even stronger claim, culturally.
No Poles would apply for the participation in all-German competitions based on their common heritage, so your analogy is flawed.

now i like a nice rack but why does she have a chihuahua face

Because she's azn.
99% of azn have fish face.

can i climb the crack rock?

can we fix that? i want people to be pretty

yes we can

Merkel comes from Pooland

JUST

MAGNET
16ab82a2faa7b26fca9977492610f586fd06b98d

Holla Forums isn't good at spotting shit games. Holla Forums assumes that every game is shit, so when games turn out to actually be shit, Holla Forums is always right.

So how is everyone liking Civ 6?

t. numale cuck

751 seeders and I can only connect to 23 of them

I'm at 35%, been going about an hour.

Guess I'll wait to see what other anons who pirated it think of it. I don't want to delete some things just to waste my bandwidth on it.

Bullshit torrent. Not cracked.

Copy the contents of the cr..
Never mind. You're retarded if you don't know this.

I completely missed that the release was coming up. I'll get to trying it sometime, but not sure if I will right away. I don't know if I can even run it.

Me too, user. Me too. Here's hoping it works. I payed for it on Steam

No Charlemagne, no buy.

Civ is like most strategy games, as in designed to be able to run on a literal toaster

Civ games don't come out until 2 years after they come out

I'm getting 60fps on low most of the time with dips to 30 during fast movement of the camera.
i5 3570k
HD6950 2GB
8GB Ram

damn you why couldn't you've gotten here sooner. I'm already leeching the fuck out of the Civ 6 Codex torrent.

didn't even bother to installed it, hell it's not even unrar'd, just doing it for muh ratio

The early game music is extremely irritating. Solo guitar plucking or solo flute blowing with aggressive attack.

I actually can't concentrate with this awful music. That's the last thing I expected to disappoint me.

The fuck?

What's worse is the citizen manager prioritized the wonder over a food tile meaning I had no growth. If an AI started here it'd be stuck at 1 pop forever. Turn 1 and the game's already shat it's pants.

It could buy a tile with faith after a while.

money I mean. I dont think you can with faith

Is there a torrent out? Sorry if its a dumb question

I don't think that's correct

They're right that it's a lake. They're wrong that it's fresh water

Isnt that one like 5years old

Could be that they set the terrain type for the dead sea to Lake but forgot to make it not act as a lake for the purpose of fresh water.
Not sure if that's better or worse than them just being wrong though.

FACT CHECK: PANTS ON FIRE

Yeah late 2010 or 2011 I forget.

FUCK OFF CUNTS

I haven't even played the game yet and y'all are dumb as shit.

docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3oou5iDn9epb25EOW1wdlNWU2c&export=download

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72061

fuck of these cunts cant make good games anymore

I'm a complete normalfag-tier rube when it comes to torrenting and pirating. Can I play multiplayer/on steam/get DLC later on with the version from the first link?

Thanks user

if it's shit I will download endless legend, saw it got last DLC pack

you have to install yourself dlc and updates when they're out. haven't tried multiplayer, seems to work for now with a crack:

Multiplayer Crack
Sid.Meiers.Civilization.VI.Steamworks.Fix.CODEX.release.Only

Endless Legend is terrible. Every game by that dev is extremely shallow.

The Dead Sea counts as a fucking freshwater source.
The city AI prioritizes working rare tiles over tiles it could actually benefit from.
Science still exists in a vacuum, rather than having some relationship with gold.
Charge-based builders instead of workers could have worked well, but instead of making it a slave-flavored alternative to build times they just replaced the whole system.
It's shit.

You're complaining about a non-issue. Also, Tomyris is fucking cool, whether she exists or not.

I missed on the Civ train for far too long, should I start with the new one before it gets bloated by DLC or just get a fullpack of an older one? Which one would be the recommendation?

TWO HOURS HYPE

why am i excited for this game? because it's a good time killer till sun and moon, then i'll play sun and moon till The Fractured But Whole, then M&B2

When has a CIV game ever, ever been worse because of DLC? Vanilla Civ 5 is shit compared to BNW

Just get V complete and wait for 6 to get features in DLC. VI is basically guaranteed to be sub-par on day one.

Civ IV:BTS is best Civ

Just get either Civ IV complete or Civ V complete depending on how much you care about conforming to Holla Forums's opinion. Never buy a Civ game at launch

this is the most rational nigga i've ever seen in a civ thread

There's also the fact that nobody gives a shit about Gorgo.
Bitch's only major accomplishments were being married to Leonidas and being name-checked by Herodotus.
Even fucking Victoria at least gets history points for saving the English crown from ending up as yet another royal head on a pike.

No idea, hence the question. Some strategy games have "fixes" that fuck up more than they help and make all conversations about it shitflinging between grognards

I don't care about dicksucking people, which one is the most fun?

dont bopther anymore the team is a shell of its former self
they became the money grubbing jew itself.

I mean Gilgamesh is a pretty dumb inclusion aswell since he's literally a mythical figure, but at the very least he has some personality.
Gorgo is a REAL person but she is put on a pedestal for no-fucking-reason. The better choice would've been Leonidas since he would logically have the same bonuses and actually did FUCKING SOMETHING as a leader and was still a massive force of personality.

Hell even Boudica of the previous game who, historically, likely also did fuck all was still a pretty forceful personality.

I don't give two shits about the ID bullshit but fucking Gorgo out of all the figures possible was just fucking stupid and the only purpose a leader like that would serve is as blatant pandering. Hell fuckin Arcachidamia would've been better because at least she's known for being involved in a battle and for conspiring against her own corrupt sun instead of just breaking some wax off a tablet.

That's extremely subjective. I prefer Civ 5 Complete to Civ 4 complete.

V

Fuck

Gorgo's boring but she's more real than Giglamesh ever was tbh and while unremarkable was noted as a good leader

I pirated. It's shit. The UI is worse than Civ V - you need to click your city then click on the tiny icons above your city to choose whether or not you want to change your production, buy something with gold, buy something with faith or rearrange citizens, something that you could do all at once in V.
Fuck this shit art.
I swear the Civs got even MORE watered down and homogenized. You get a few very weak and watered down bonuses and that is it.
It is fucking SLOWER THAN CIV V. My first warrior would take ten turns off the city and the barbarian encampments keep shitting out warriors nonstop and your city can't even fire at enemies that get close.
I'm done. I'm going to play some Endless Legend.

I actually like it, it's grown on me especially the leaders and the fog of war looking like a map. Plus the even civs (IV included) are more cartoony while it seems like the odd ones are more serious.

Ugh. Can you elaborate? I don't like the sound of that.

At least there's 4 different unique aspects to each civ+leader?

No Man's Civilization

Holy fuck. It's clearly a rushed mess, but how do you even screw that up?

I hope you didnt buy it

Of course not. I'm just curious as to how bad it really is.

Curious– does the pirated version have the Aztecs, since they're a preorder bonus?

How likely is it that modders will apply that spiffy old paper map style to the fog of war in Civ V?

Also that UI is a fucking mess.

Also can someone try screenshotting it at a higher resolution? …maybe it looks slightly better spaced out…

That's shit though. Not saying Civ6 isn't shit but why go play shit?

Holy fucking shit, I don't care that I'm 2 days late: you need to get the fuck out and never come back.
>>>/cuckchan/

Getting mad that there are female leaders in the game is like getting mad that Princess Peach is a damsel in distress in the Mario games

Cue rant about relevance when we have leaders like Giglamesh who we aren't even sure existed. Catherine Medici actually did rule France so she has that over him at least

Yeah he's there I think. At least the files are.

I agree, Chanfriend. Everyone should definitely preorder Firaxis's latest masterpiece and tell their friends to do so too!

I used to love civ games…but after playing paradox GSG they feel so tiny and simple. I almost wish I could go back, I loved beyond the sword.

Which game? Paradox games feel tiny and simple to me. Especially Stellaris. Wew

It's buggy as hell right now and I'm really not digging the game works at the moment.

Somehow I'm unlocking so many civics like it's nothing, but government system only allows me to choose a fraction of the perks unlocked from civics.

And gold is hella hard to come by when setting trade routes up is a fucking hassle.
Also gold is no longer used to influence city states now.
Now there's a separate variable called envoys of which you spend to gain influence to get city state perks.

I have to build an economic district AND a trader unit to set up ONE route.
I thought districts were just national wonders just placed on a tile, but nope, they're specialist buildings but now taking up an entire tile.
And what happens when the district is pillaged?
You gotta BUILD the whole shit again.
You can't repair it with builders nor you can purchase the district.

And this limitation of number of districts dependent on the population of the city is stupid, IMHO.
By that logic, number of tiles in a city should never exceed the number of population of that city.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like the global happiness system from civ 5 more than the current amenity + housing limit bullcrap system from civ 6.
There's no straightforward coherent pattern of which building/tile improvement provides housing/amenities so it's kinda daunting planning out what to build first so you don't get bottlenecked while growing your population.

For some reason Barbarian aggressiveness for this game is as if Raging Barbarians option from Civ 5 is turned on to the MAX.
And this is on PRINCE difficulty.

Game flow now is a lot, a lot slower now than civ 5.
Everything takes a LONG while to reach that explosive growth/income/research per turn.

Victory progress UI is utter fucking garbage.
Even CivBE's victory progress UI is far better than Civ 6's.
Oh you're in 2nd place in this victory condition, but by how much? No clue.
Just have these vague partially filled icons to determine the progress of each player.

I'mma keep playing so I can bitch about this piece of shit game even more.
thank god this is not my steam account

I wonder if it's going to be so bad people will look at CivRev nicely in comparison.

Christ and I thought barbs in V were bad

Are you sure you're playing at normal speed?

I haven't tried other speeds yet but I'm suspecting Civ 6 Quick is Civ 5 normal.
Haven't tried multiplayer speed yet, but I'm hearing it's it's like Civ 5 quick F-Zero edition.

Civilization Revolution, but even faster?

never played civrev so no idea

btw the game feels like as if it's egging you on to go full aggressive mode

you don't have to worry about filling that culture/beaker bucket as quick as possible when completing mini-objectives (which consists of tasks you end up doing anyway to make your city grow) fills the progress meter by half instantly)

this game is very lacking in production bonuses tbh

which civ wud u fug

I've played as them so much I get kinda weirded out when I don't see my capital was Washington when playing as other civs.

Venice or Spain for me.

Catherine was a freak irl

Well I just had my first CTD.

I also found out you can't rename any of the default religions. If you want a custom one you have to use these ugly as fuck icons. Fucking why.

I had barb camp spawn 6 tiles away from my capital. It shat out 5 horseman barbs over 8 turns. If it wasn't for the Dead Sea's healing nonsense I'd of been fucked. I personally don't mind it, I like raging barbs. But how's the AI going to deal with something like that?

Speed doesn't feel that much slower to me though. I think it's just the shitty movement changes and lack of growth/production bonus from policies. Could be wrong, I'm used to playing Civ5 with the CBP.

wow, she really cant wait to get tied up

It's so damn easy to siege now
walls do jack shit when I use siege towers
the game is basically egging you to go full domination victory

Wasn't domination one of the funnest victories?

Nice, Codex's installer song for this is Lazerhawk - Overdrive

I can confirm that it has the files, and you can get an unlocker to use the Aztecs on the pirated game.

Similar problems as this guy is having.

A.I. I think is a bit harder to complain about exactly since each character is suppose to act in certain ways but,

There has been more negative than positives so far.
During the 8 AI stream, I expected some problems, since they said they're still doing a lot of work on it even at the zero hour.

so wait for a few months worth of patches, like any modern release?

How do you combine them?

I think we just played a different game.

True.

Maybe it's your style. I played as Rome and had a massive excess all the time. But Rome's bonus does give some gold.

About the same as CIV:BE

I don't know why you think it's stupid, they lifted the concept from Endless Legend.

I don't think you understand how it works. The luxuries are given automatically to cities that need them. It's a semi-global system. It's a big improvement IMO.

I don't know what you're talking about. My game ended in 1919 when I colonized Mars. It only took so long because I didnt bother to build my spaceport until after I was already on future tech.

Meh, I heard they turned it up a notch. I was playing on Emperor and they never really cause much of a problem.

Agreed 100%. I don't know how they managed to fuck it up so bad.

Overall I think it's fun, but it needs 6 months of patches.

I really liked that the units get stronger in a smoother way now. You can fight with larger numbers of lower tech units and win.

The tile improvements are better balanced now. I like the builder changes.

AI is pretty retarded. If you are siegeing a city and hit "fortify until healed" they'll ignore that unit even if it's almost dead.