Looking to get into Rune Factory, so what are the best ones? How about best ones for emulation?

Looking to get into Rune Factory, so what are the best ones? How about best ones for emulation?
Most importantly which one has the superior waifus?

Also RF/HM/Tumblrfarm Stardew thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bachelorettes_(RFF)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want to get started, start with 2 and skip 1 but don't play 3 before 2 because it will feel too dated in comparison. 3 a best.

My personal favorite is RF3, (I prefer its setting and girls to RF4) and it can be emulated. I remember it having problems when I played it though.

Btw if you are going to emulate, you can emulate 3 on a touch device that will make the whole experience better than on PC, Drastic is pretty good and supports Hogh res rendering.

A friend recently suggested RF4 to me, so I've only ever really played that.
I'm presently playing RF4.
I can't stop playing RF4.
Please send help.

This, I've only played 4 but I'm having a blast. I really hope we'll see another RF from the members of the original team

Will we ever be able to fug the MILFs, anons?

Frontier Tides is shit
Frontier
Frontier
Wii emulation is real and solid with dolphin

That's what I was thinking. Forte 4 looks promising but Citra seems like shit

I've only played RF4, which I found to be really fun until I finished the main story. The drawn out ending sequence/cutscenes killed it for me and made me lose all interest in coming back to the game for some waifu or something like that. It was pretty enjoyable up until that point, though.

I don't know what you're talking about fam
if it's emulators the only Wii emulator I have ever used is dolphin

also Rune Factory Frontier is super comfy and time doesn't run inside your house, unlike every other rune factory game, so you can make huge batches of jam in the hundreds to grind skills and git gud

only problem is the runeys are busted so you may want a modded version

OH SHIT THERE'S ONE FOR THE WII
I have only been playing 3 (since I can't emulate 4) and having a blast, didn't knew it had a release for the Wii like Harvest Moon used to have,
Gonna get Dolphin again now.

Also, in Rune Factory 3, how do you level your animals efficiently and how much does it matter?
I've left 3 on the fields sowing automatically and they seem to generate free money all the time, the 4th one is just tending a field with grass to feed them.

However, they do get tired every now and then, which I solve with healing potions (dirt cheap to make).
Does your friendship level with them or their stats change anything in how they work?
As in, better crop quality and\or they work for longer hours?
I know that at least your friendship level affects the quality of their drops, for instance.

there are 2
tides a shit

I'm happy with 1 game but I'd at least like to know why Tides is shit and if it was released before or after Frontier.
I know for a fact that Harvest Moon Sunshine Island was also considered shit for how grindy the whole thing was, did Tides suffer from a similar problem?

Play them all. They're all enjoyable experiences.

Keep in mind that it's more difficult to move backwards from the series since every entry pretty much improves on the last gameplay-wise.

dumbed down and slow and grindy

after Frontier

yes I guess but if you like giant sea monster golem fights it's fun some times

Citra as in the halfbaked looking 3DS emulator required for RF4 and RF4's Forte as in muh saber fetish

oh, I just used a gateway card and I'm stalled on flashing my 3DS

oh and here be da whimminz
therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bachelorettes_(RFF)

This crafting system is going to drive me to drink.

you should see the dark cloud crafting system

Is it functional yet?
There's a bunch of neat 3DS games I'd like to play but haven't found an emulator for yet.
Is it Android compatible? I usually put my emulators on a small tablet and play it on the go.

Frankly it could be that it's shit or maybe I'm just shit at making it work, as I implied I'm not really into emulation all that much

naw Citra can't run literally 99% of 3ds games.
and even the ones it can run, it runs them like shit

A friend of mine used it. Apparently it sorta works with some games and is also incredibly taxing on your PC.

Rune Factory 4 has premium waifu. Top of the line, all of them. Best waifu game with best waifu.

4 is the best but you can't actually romance Venti and that made me sad.

grind is not comfy

What the fuck? 4 had some of the most boring, generic waifus of any game I've ever seen. The only girls that were worth being called waifus, you couldn't even date.

Having played most Rune Factory games, except the non-handheld ones, I can honestly say that they're all great, except for 1. The only problem is that each game actually built off the other so playing 4 then going back to 2 feels wrong. If you like the series I recommend playing all of them, but do so in order, but just skip the first since it was more of a proof of concept than a good game.

As for milfs in a RF game, not going to happen. In both HM and RF they love to taunt players with cannot haves.

Also, Sofia is best girl.

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens!

I think you meant to say, Sofia is the ==worst== girl.

yfw i always marry the elf in all ds games

3 a best
4 has the worst waifus and suddenly starts pandering to fujoshit. Its not a coincidence that the series died after this.

Eh?

He means it tries too hard to be a lowest-common-denominator manga.

Degenerates get to have all the fun :^)

That was my experience with it as well

It let you play as a girl and gave us half the waifus in order to put in dudes.

Considering this is Holla Forums and not say /christian/ chances are that you're just pissed off they won't let you indulge in some trap tier faggotry :^)

Nah, I just wanted more waifus, I did a palette swap to the female character as soon as I could.

Fair enough. That's actually the one thing I prefer in Stardew over HM, you can mod essentially anything, and piss easy too.