8/v/ Diablo 2 server #1 IP: 74.91.121.114

Thread #1: archive.is/4B7qv
Thread #2: archive.is/c7sjT
Thread #3: archive.is/SHTyS

Konkey Dong mod:
mediafire.com/?nyc122n77lok2cl

8/v/ slackware linux server guide:
pastebin.com/njkX22gb

I'm still grinding a new skelemancer to take down Diablo on my closed server. That breath is merc crushing heh. Whatcha playin? How's server #1 doing? Anyone got a host for a second server for vanilla?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.se/torrent/6098061
mediafire.com/?nyc122n77lok2cl
svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
icyhell.net/2008/05/06/blizzard-battlenet-gateway-editor-v3010702
pastebin.com/QTizfccw
pastebin.com/4Gn3H0r4
pastebin.com/ZCbEJzAu
pastebin.com/2VUTRtMU
pastebin.com/bqeR0CfR
pastebin.com/XwLfnSs6
pastebin.com/beiQC5AQ
pastebin.com/yGYndRP3
filedropper.com/wraithflightarmortrang-oulsstats
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvexjrbsyMiSXZERHhKWERTZjQ/view
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By_Iob04SKYMUVNoVFVHc2hyX0E&usp=sharing
github.com/slippittydo/bh-config
pastebin.com/bZKXGwaa
pvpgn.pro/download/install pvpgn gateway.bat
archived.moe/vg/thread/35898162/
yuki.la/vg/40922202
mega.nz/#!q91CACKA!MpBDOBMhvvTrw1I60TAAlm7XMafVM714pWC4QBbM_uA
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09488011247523849649
strawpoll.me/11480683
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Up to act 4 on nightmare with my necromancer. I found a stone of jordan. I thought they were a myth. I must have run two dozen characters up through all three difficulties and a few thousand magic find runs and never saw one before. Then one drops from a chest in the flayer jungle.

This game has multiplayer?

That's right, Billy!
And now you can play it with anons!

Chests and barrels piss me off. 99% of the time you get shit, .9% you get traps, .1% you get something great like SoJ.

Nostolgia fags i swear

For one to have nostalgia the object of affection would first have to be relegated to the past.

GEE I WONDER WHY

/d3g/ was shit. It was so easy triggering those anons by posting the same gear they had but with slightly higher stats. I'll admit though, D3 has some pretty nice succubus tits.

come to think of it I think the highest rune I got from countess is lem

I found the best way to get runes is going to the highest act you can kill reliably/fast then run through it or just run through and open chests.

There are certain dungeons I remember having ridiculous drop rates for MF chars. I want to say The Pit in Act 1 is one of the best for MF runs. Then of course there's Meph runs which are fast and easy enough. I know I'm forgetting some other side-dungeon somewhere for MF'ing…

it's funnier to point out that D3 is such a shit game no one even talks about it anymore let alone play it, and we're still here having fun with D2

Please post this pasta in the OP, otherwise people won't know how to join.

F.A.Q.
Right here: thepiratebay.se/torrent/6098061
We're running a slightly different version than the default 1.13c vanilla patch called Konkey Dong
It does very slight changes that increase the difficulty of nightmare and hell, adds the ability to get back into the cow portal if you fuck up and kill the king, and SLIGHTLY increases drop rates. Otherwise everything else
is still very much vanilla. (you'll still want a party to get the good shit)
Go here to download the patch mediafire.com/?nyc122n77lok2cl
No, BUT
You should scan it for yourself like every piece of software you download from the internet.
Turned off the warden so feel free to do it if you can get your shit to work. Just keep in mind that you will be mocked if you use anything other than map hacks.
See below for a possible solution.
To install and play the game:
1.Extract it and run d2vidtst.exe to eliminate most graphical glitches. (I recommend you use 7-Zip to do this.)
2.Run Diablo 2.exe.
If problems persist do the following
1. Go here svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
2. Download the newest version. this is an emulator tool that tricks diablo into thinking your new fancy graphics card is an old voodoo2 compatible card.
3. Run the program
4a. PANIC SHITS IN GERMAN
4b. Dont be retarded and click the second from the bottom option to turn it into english.
5. Run the identificaiton option.
6. Close the program.
7. Drop the .dll or everything into your Diablo 2 folder
8. Repeat the d2vidtst.exe step and select the gfix slide third option this time
To connect to the server:
1a. go here and download the editor icyhell.net/2008/05/06/blizzard-battlenet-gateway-editor-v3010702
1b. Run BNGatewayEditor.exe.
2. Switch to the SECOND TAB. (IE the Diablo 2/ LOD Tab)
3. Click Add Gateway and fill out the following information:
Name = SRoVQ
Zone = 6
IP = 74.91.121.114
4. Set to Chosen Gateway.
5. Hit the detect gateway button to see if you can connect.
6. Run Diablo 2.exe.
7. Click Battle.net and create your account. (EMAIL REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.)
8. Have fun reaching the top of the short ladder!

Patch notes
Major Changes:
-You can teleport and use barbarian shouts in town
-Increased stash space
-Monsters in Nightmare have +3 to All Skills, monsters in Hell have +6 to All Skills.
-Cow levels have an increased ammount of cows and those cows are higher in level. Expect a much harder challenge.
-Cow level has a Waypoint (replace Inner Cloyster). You can kill the CowKing and rejoin through the Waypoint. No more worrying about the Cow getting killed
-Typing "/ann message" in chat sends a message to all the server
-Uber Cows (New dungeon with Uber cows that now drop great loot but prove a challenge)
See the links below for the rest of the changelogs:
pastebin.com/QTizfccw - v1.3.4? (current)
pastebin.com/4Gn3H0r4 - v1.3.3
pastebin.com/ZCbEJzAu - v1.3.2
pastebin.com/2VUTRtMU - v1.3.1
pastebin.com/bqeR0CfR - v1.2
pastebin.com/XwLfnSs6 - v1.1
pastebin.com/beiQC5AQ - v1.0
Some cube recipes:
Cube Recipes (the ones listed here are the ones that differ from the original, everything else is still the same):
Item + Um Rune + Pul Rune = Rare version of item - Good chance for Res/Aura mods
Um Rune + TP Scroll = 1 time use skill/stat re-spec
Item + Io + Io + Io = Upgraded tier of that item (everything is still the same, sockets, properties, runewords, etc)
1 rune in cube equals one lower ranked rune (example, 1 um = 1 pul)
Khalim's Flail + TP Scroll = Khalim's Will
You can find some more here: pastebin.com/yGYndRP3
List of useful commands - These can be used while in chat lobby or ingame:
/ann *message* - Sends a message to the whole server. Everyone will read it, unless they muted you.
/f add *accountname* - Adds that account to your friends list
/f list - Displays your friends list, who's online and where they are right now (game name or lobby)
/con - Lists all the players online, their account names and where they are
/games - Lists all existing active games

just fuck my formatting up

Is there a MEGA link for it? Have gotten angry letters from my ISP before and I am not exactly keen on getting a few more

I played this game for the first time recently
Holy fuck what have I missed out on my whole life?

Sorry! If I head up the next thread I'll make note that the Konkey Dong mod instructions are in Thread #1

if you add them to a pastebin like I did for the server install instructions I'll link that

I'll do that and fix the formatting later, but for now I'm going to play some video games.

Did this game always just start using any monster it felt like at act 5 nightmare? I don't remember it doing that, but I could be wrong. It's starting to piss me off. It just encourages me to save and exit if I don't like the monsters it is using, which I have started to do more frequently.

chuckled sensibly
this is a nice server

very nice

heh we've got the config setting down for changing the DC summon item, but I'm still looking for D2 asset documentation (something that has offset locations?) so we can change the name of monsters

You mean in Worldstone Keep?

Here's that cosmetic alternative to Trang-Oul's I promised.
filedropper.com/wraithflightarmortrang-oulsstats

BigSlice, ball's in your court as to whether or not to allow the exchange of the original set for the cosmetic alternative. I included a readme with links to the respective items' pages for your reference.

since 1.11 they've put a lot of monsters from other acts in the later acts

Anyone?

not that i'm opposed to the /scurv/ ways, but all my assets and keys are legit so i'm not much help on that front

Do you live in a banana republic?

It's not that it is or isn't legit but rather that the laws where I live are fairly strict against distributing licensed content. It is perfeclty fine for downloading due to technical reasons but the thing with torrents is that you end up uploading as well.

In Germany you can get letters where a company will list all the shit you owe them for distributing, usually you can ignore the first few, although that doesn't apply to all cases, but after enough of them they will take you to court rather than just writing you letters.

So that's a yes.

here you got fagbagolio

meganz/#!q91CACKA!MpBDOBMhvvTrw1I60TAAlm7XMafVM714pWC4QBbM_uA

Brother move to Minnesota. You need to know (((they))) are doing the same thing to my state that (((they))) are doing to Germany. Our state is the German cultural center of the USA, and they are moving muslims here on purpose to destroy us :( At least we can shitpost while comfy as we lose our culture to Islam and Jews.

Thanks, fam

Is there some weird lag on the server? Like I'll be half a screen away and still get meleed.

That explains it. Last version of I played of this game was 1.10.

I got my old D2 CDs, but no expansion. Does this server of yours freak the fuck out with a cracked version?

As long as you have 1.13c with the mod installed you should be fine.

all you gotta do is download apply patch from mediafire.com/?nyc122n77lok2cl and play.

Anyone got a five socket crystal sword?

Game keeps freezing after signing into SRoVQ battle net.

Try restarting your PC. Worked for me, something to do with changing the battlenet registry info apparently.

Nope. Still freezing. Can see the middle button asking to convert to Konkey Dong, music on loop, but cannot do anything. ctrlaltdel and it's stop responding.

what happened to the characters the last time this server was up (fall last year I think?)

Don't have any of those files, I just have what I picked up the last time I played.

Seems like some of the recipes in the pastebin don't work. That or I'm missing something.

Some of the recipes don't work yes, I'm going to update it for the next OP.

How am I supposed to read these files? More importantly, how am I supposed to add them to the mpq.

Alright, cool.

If it means us having to change our file as well I'd vote against adding them, especially since there's hardly any point (if he wants to cast faster, don't use the full set… use different gear.)

yeh u need/

Yeah, will you take a low end HR for it?

sounds good

Cool, game is AAAAA

anyone play Median?

people do, but the thread chain sort of evolved into spawning our own private server. we're still working on instructions and organizing links, etc. also still looking for another host where i can setup a small slackware VM for one or two more servers (had multiple requests for a vanilla server, and i know some people would also like to play classic ie, no LoD)

Don't really like it, personally. I like "vanilla+" aka the game close to vanilla with a few minor tweaks and improvements (such as this server is running), ladder runewords, better respeccing, that kind of thing. But the experience itself still pretty much the same as vanilla.

id love to join your serv sometime but im running ladder on median right now, trying to figure out a barb (he seems underplayed believe it or not, everyone spams palys and druids)

those tweaks sounds sensible and fun

Where do I put the patch?

in the root d2 folder

The pirate bay version already had this file, do I replace it? Or does it already come with Konkey Dong?

You gotta replace it.

I saw in one of the change logs that druids can now have the bear and wolf summons at the same time. Is that all the wolves or just one type? Damn druids. They seem like they would be so fun, but all the synergies make running around with a pack of summons and blasting things with elemental magics impossible.

It's probably one type.

What the fuck?

It sounds like you didn't install the patch and you're playing vanilla. That area is meant to help you skip the trist running part of the early game.

It's got the right Konkey Dong version in the top right.

do you have a really big stash size? if not then it's not patched.

wew thought these charms didn't exist.

Does a max of 2.6 million count?

Big stash like pic related. It's about the only thing in this mod I give a damn about.

Still pretty good these assholes were worth lots of 6-7 SoJs back in the day.

Yeah, it's 11x11.

suffering is playing a genre that works of the desire to hoard things but doesn't let you hoard enough things

enjoy your dupe

wew this is like dodge the rapist to get the chests in here.

It says there are no servers? or worlds to get in to?

Nobody is playing?

All I get is this?

I'd join your server but I know you'll get bored after a month at the maximum and close it down.

create character

Behold the glory of satellite internet. I'm also the guy playing in hardcore.

Nobody?

Ayyyy hol up fam I'm gonna make a paladin.

Make the room and I'll join. I just started.

We Was Kings. Either browse join or type it in.

people are in games so it won't show them in the lobby.
also,
what's the highest defense for an armor??

Bring something that deals raw magic damage.

Is it me or does the characters move faster?

you run faster and have more stamina
on the other hand, monsters' ranged attacks hit much harder
hope you are ready for late game bullet hell

EVERY TIME

Go after the little red guys when they run away. Don't save them for later.

Yeah the little red suckers get terror effect then run, or they can also get revived off-screen by a shaman. I usually ignore the little ones and go right for the shamans first so they can't revive.

damnit my 8 skelingtons aren't enough to defeat Baal yet

My get a server disconnect everytime i try to skill double throw. Please save my Barb

if anyone wants, here's a hacked d2gfx.dll that lets you open multiple clients
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvexjrbsyMiSXZERHhKWERTZjQ/view

and the maphack I'm using
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By_Iob04SKYMUVNoVFVHc2hyX0E&usp=sharing

and a config file to hide most of the junk items
github.com/slippittydo/bh-config

Is there any way to add just 3 sockets to a Dusk Shroud or do I need one to drop that way?

1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor → Socketed Body Armor of same type

Dusk Shroud is Elite though, wouldn't that recipe not work?

Although apparently Mage Plate is a good choice for Enigma and that has 3 sockets max so I could just Larzuk it. Guess I'll go with that.

Yeah, it would work. Normal armor just means not magical, rare, set or unique. The number of sockets you get is random though.

Does anyone else use D2SE?

New player joining soon, Will I still be mocked if I bot just to give away free stuff?

Nobody cares if you or anyone bots tbh, maybe one or two salty lads but thats it

do the mods do something to the vanilla client? because I can run multiple clients with no patching…

nah we're still small and if anything it might actually attract more players. I suggest Project ETAL. It's a bit of a hassle setting it up, but it's a pretty good bot

I use Muddy's D2NT with Redvex_3.0.1 (11-28-07)

Used it before on Holla Forumsnet.

I tried.
[D2SE]CreatedFor=2.2.0[USERSETTINGS]Renderer=3WindowMode=1EnableHC=1EnablePlugY=1Language=MODSkiptoBNet=0[Protected]D2Core=1.13cModName=Donkey KongModTitle=for use with Holla Forums's serverModMajorVersion=ModMinorVersion=ModBanner=ModBoard=ModAllowHC=1ModAllowSPFeature=1ModAllowPlugY=1ModUsePatch_D2=1RealmGateway=74.91.121.114RealmTimezone=2RealmGatewayName=SRoVQRealmSelected=SRoVQRealmPort=4000[END-Protected][END]endoffile=4711
I get realm down when trying to create a new character.

Ok I guess it worked.

I'm getting a "unhandled exception access violation c0000005" when I try to join the server, anyone know the fix for this?

Nvm, fixed it.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

is the rarity of runes increased sky-high on that server ow what?

ethereal templar's might with a pul rune in it, giving you 3150 defense

but you couldn't repair that, so you'd wanna use a zod rune instead after using the socketing quest on it, giving it only 2880 armor

oh, and furthermore

grief adds 340-400 physical damage to whatever weapon its put in AND 30-40% IAS and it does other things too; that +damage is more than enough reason to go for grief over literally all other runewords for 1h weapons that it works for
a non-superior grief berserker axe does 424-471 damage at the most, or 364-411 damage at the least

on top of that, its much less expensive(EthTirLoMalRal) than a last wish; you could've gotten the runes for TWO grief berserker axes for the price of the runes used in a single last wish and if they both had at least 35% IAS a WW barb would be all over them

want more people to boogaloo with RIGHT NOW

you called me a faggot for botting so I'm going to solo with my slutbots

If I kill the Cow King in this mod can I still open cow levels?

i'd assume someone is duping, HRs are still quite rare

yes, there's a waypoint

Lonely in noob Act 2

For my server (unlisted at the moment, looking for a better host) that is a known bug that happens sometimes on the first attempt to create a new char. Should have no problem second attempt, etc.

you can get to hell difficulty in maybe 100 hours of gameplay(2 weeks without many irl obligations without losing out on sleep) if you know what you're doing and DON'T speedrun it

though you'll probably wanna take at least an extra 20-40 hours to grind out some gear and trade stuff

specifically, you'll probably be doing a whole lot of nm mephisto runs; dont bother doing any spam boss runs on normal difficulty at all unless you really want some normal unique, such as magefist frostburn chance guards gold wrap or, if you're a bowazon, pic related(which is normally a great helm)

We,
just got into Act 2 and stopped playing for now.

masochist tbh

wew

OFFICIAL revised pasta
pastebin.com/bZKXGwaa

Nice.

I got to hell in less than 30 hours of playing and I wasn't speedrunning.

ugh no wonder people were having problems with the gateway shit. the new method is to use the PvPGN batch file and edit the registry.

pvpgn.pro/download/install pvpgn gateway.bat

fug

I don't know anymore. The best I played sorceress was with a lightning + infinity merc.

you can always respec when shit starts getting too hard

am i the only one that sockets a pTopaz in my shakos?

it's hard to go wrong with a lightning sorc, and they do have some ridiculous damage later in the game. i've always liked the meteorb sorc a little better. i think because i like my trapsin better for lightning

there's a shortcut with this mod
just get the viper amulet thing and cube it with a tp scroll

back on bnet i used ptopaz but for now need those resists

Using Um in Shako too (and some other resist gear) but my fuggin hammerdin's still at -45 resists in Hell.

why not put enigma in a wyrmhide instead?
don't you want at least 89 strength so you can use a herald of zakarum anyway?

if you had more strength you should've put it in an archon plate

i was just figuring you can get through 1 act per day semi-casually

now that i think about it though you could easily do 2 acts per day excluding act 4 and get to hell difficulty in 6 days of playing 10 hours a day when you bother to do and fully explore every single side dungeon and loot every single container and kill every single enemy the first time you go through a zone(all of which I normally do), but I guess if you skip doing that stuff you can beat nm baal even faster

You'll get that from wearing the Enigma itself, though - which, in Mage plate, can be worn without any Strength points. Why waste points in it that you don't need to?

Does that include runes as well?
also does Konkey Dong work in single player?

it might. however that sort of defeats the purpose of these particular threads. multiplayer through battle.net gives us access to the ladder system, and through that we get ladder-only runewords.

ideally i'd like to see some more servers going. more than a few of us want a vanilla server, and i think it would be neat if we had a sandbox server where we can upload our single player, or crazy hero edited chars just for lulz.

Does Open Battle.net not work anymore or something?

It's super easy to mod them into singleplayer though

Never actually played on battle.net anyway, and don't really feel like bothering. Always just played singleplayer or LAN with friends and family

Yeah there's no reason open bnet shouldn't work. I think you're the only one who still really wants a vanilla server.

What time is when most people are on?
ESTfag here

EST as well. Late afternoon I guess.

I've been under the impression that Open Battle.net is just a server browser, not a "real" Battle.net + Diablo 2 game server network. We're running our own Battle.net and D2 game server networks. This means when you join one of our servers your account/characters don't exist yet.

What I was suggesting was a sandbox server that allows us to upload our character files from single player to our battle.net + D2 server network.

First, I don't really care. I helped you get your server up and running, and wrote/tested new working linux server installation guide. I bump this whenever I think I have something to contribute or bant about.

Second, the main reason I don't care is that I've been running my own private d2 server for the last ~6 years, and I'm fine playing with my IRL friends or by myself.

Finally, I never heard of Konkey Dong until after you got your server running. It sounds pretty gay. I've seen more people in these threads talking about vanilla or MXL.

ps) while typing out all this bullshit I just killed Baal on my newb skelemancer. +1 amp is retarded OP

so fun!

I saw a Zod once.

ultra rare items are necessary to keep players interested in game for years and separate dedicate nolifers from average trash players. it's not like being able to summon one more spookytron or attack animation lasing one frame less will really help you out when you suck.

WoW and D3 killed that thing, former by making that stuff cosmetic only or welfare for everyone and latter by having shit items in general haphazardly thrown together on top of pretend-assfaggots gameplay

I want to play so badly, but I'm lazy as fuck to install it.

If you can install Honey Select, you can install this

You seem like kind of a bitch tbh, Holla Forums D2 servers have always run mods.

Do any mods with with the digital download version yet? Or is that just never going to happen.
I think I have my old battlechest CDs in a folder somewhere, but they're original printing and I don't know how long CDs are supposed to last. Isn't disc rot a thing?

D3's itemization was so fucking boring, I couldn't even believe it. Whenever I replay D2, I inevitably end up seeing some kind of affix that I've never seen before. In D3, it was just stat numbers and nothing. Dry as fuck, that game.

says a dong faggot. i've never seen an 8/v/ D2 server in over 2 years so you're probably a cuckchan Holla Forumsirgin faggot. konkey dong is fucking gay, and probably a trojan. it's fucking trash. the shit that comes up when you search for it is literally these very threads, some reddit faggots, and some obvious malware sites.

disc rot is a thing, but my battlechest discs still work. you can actually download the Diablo 2 installer directly from Blizzard if you make an account. though, I think I might remember someone in a past thread saying that the Blizzard installer comes pre-patched to 1.14, and our private servers only officially support up to 1.13d

kek
it was designed by an user
archived.moe/vg/thread/35898162/
yuki.la/vg/40922202

nice try, cockfag

someone posted a mega link earlier

try that

And what about it specifically don't you like?

getting failed to join game every time I try to make one

here is link to mega.

Just extract and copy the Konkey Dong patch from OP to the game folder. Then change the gateway to the server IP.

mega.nz/#!q91CACKA!MpBDOBMhvvTrw1I60TAAlm7XMafVM714pWC4QBbM_uA

Going by my bot's log the problem started around 7:30

How many players online?

2 right now

Two atm but game creation isn't working for some reason.

Had a good playthrough last weekend with a couple other people.

find anything good? looking for a griff eye and eschuta's temper

I don't have either of those but I have some other sorc stuff kicking around.

Although, I can't give you any at the moment, since the game creation isn't working.

holy shit! i had no idea it was THAT legit! lemme get right on downloading it from some random file host and installing!

ok, shitstabber

anonymous faggots trying to make me play it. no actual source of the mod. just a bunch of anons saying "trust me goy it's total kosher!". the search results when looking for a source/information. the fact vanilla is sitll fun, etc.

Server #1 admin runs that shit in actual Windows. Who knows how fucking smart that dude is; probably some telemetry or automatic updates pozzed his neghole.

nigger go back to your shit board

Nobody's trying to make you play it. You're welcome to go on battlenet or host your own server if you like.

pic relatd for you, nigger

no shit? check my ID. I'm the OP of this and the last 2 threads. my private bnet server network has been continuously running since 2010.

Then why are you crying about it?

Non-sequitir.

are you brain damaged?

Server's been up for a month and it's already dead

Why can't I create games?

Oh some anonymous faggot said it wasn't a virus. FAITH RESTORED. Nah how about fuck off I'm not playing with your Monkey Dong.

it's running a mod that most people here (despite what the vocal faggot minorty say) don't want to bother with. also server #1 admin is not, as far as i know, running the newest versions of pvpgn/d2gs. aaand lastly i think he's running a gay Windows server.

my instructions linked in the OP work for setting up a rock solid linux private d2 server, and like i mentioned above mine has been running continuously (through multiple OS upgrades) since 2010. i just don't have the resources to allow a bunch of user faggots onto my shit, and no one has stepped up to offer some resources where i can setup one for the "community"

See the last comment in it seems like his shit broke last night or this morning.

seems like a fake problem. you know you can cube runes… right?

if you don't want to play then don't, no one is forcing you, however your excuses are really shit tier. no reason to be such a fucking drama queen, just say "nah I'm good playing on my own vanilla server, you are welcome to join here is the IP and mpq you'd need to connect"
but did you do that? no, so fuck off

you don't actually expect me to click that do you?

wow so fun!

Ah I get it now, you're a poorfag or a cheap kike and want someone to shell out for a server but in the meantime you think if you bitch enough, you'll get us to fork over cash, so we can play on a crappy vanilla server that nobody besides you wants.

Makes sense. He has been acting like a fucking dick the past threads but still keeps shitting up the OP and replying left and right. I still think he is some /int/ faggot waging an invisible war on 8ch.

That didn't exist in 1.12 and all the patches since are just whiner pandering. If you're going to play easy mode why not just crank the drop rates up, you're not getting the real experience anyway.

So it's dead, huh?

can't make games so yeah

Absolutely ebin

I'm ok with vanilla gameplay, I can get far in the game with some common and cheap equips. But I prefer to play that in single player for the moment since despite playing Diablo II a lot and leveling countless characters, including hardcore to 90, they're all gone by now and the only thing left is a few single player characters.

Yeah, but the quantity of runes expended is kind of exponential.
The first HR anyone likely sees is from Hell mode Hellforge.

Sorry lads, apparently the server has some kind of memory leak and that probably fucked things up. I restarted it so you should be able to play again. I can.

Working for me now too. Thanks.

It wouldn't be as fun if they let you keep everything. Deciding what's worth picking up and what should be dropped adds to the depth, especially in Diablo 1

This. The balancing act between inventory space and boosts from charms is cool too, and I don't think any other game has done that.

you're trying to say pastebin is cp now? oh shit nigger you're retarded. what kind of fucking niggerfaggot retard browses the interwebs with javascript turned on by default?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

couple suggestions: 1) git gud, 2) stop being a faggot

What's really fucking interesting is that when I searched for Konkey Dong I was led to some warosu imageboard where some faggot that sounds suspiciously like you suggests setting up a pay-to-play-on-demand D2 server………….. then you say this.

it was real in your mind, eh? fucking pedo

that's why pros don't run fucking windows servers, kiddo.

The server's back.

I'm happy the server's back.

hlep

That was me actually. But it was just a test run, I wasn't going to play.

Maybe they'll all come back tonight.

is zod way to make them indestructible?

yes

Yep. Just do a couple hundred countess runs and you're set.

Alternatively, try never ever getting into direct combat.

fug almost the lowest roll possible

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

wtf i love sorceress now

you need to make a dual element sorc, lower resist wands will not break immunes (need to make -100 resist for that)

She's already one. There's normally that super monster with two different resists in Hell mode.
The dagger is a start, it probably won't help for late Nightmare.

Are you using pvpgn to host user? How did you share it exactly what ports/ips do you need to make public? 3rdworldcountryfag here just want to make my server public in my shithole country.

4000 for d2gs, 6112-6114 for pvpgn, 8888 for telnet

Some Jew wanted my RedVex, here yah go:

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09488011247523849649

If you followed my instructions linked in the OP I detail the config files and specific settings for IPs/ports. Whatever you use in those configs use in your firewall config.

Game keeps crashing in Act III when entering the Bazaar. Anyone else run into this?

Not going to enable ladder runewords on single player.
A lot of them are tempting however.

E-bugging a prudence is the easiest way to get gg armor.

Apparently every time I try to get near temple for quest 4 in Act III, the game just crashes. Can't get my 5 stat points.

Yes it will.
I've used ladder runewords in SP before

What? I can enable ladder runewords on single player too, but I'm not going to enable the setting.

only thing i can think of is to make sure you have the latest patchd2.mpq

I read your post as "It's Not" instead of "I'm Not"

but then why even complain about the lack of ladder rune words?

I was complaining about immune monsters (and there will be monsters a dual element sorceress can't kill), if anything.

Most fun character for PvM?

strawpoll.me/11480683

Most fun character for PvM?

strawpoll.me/11480683

Can anyone give me Secret Cow wp for NM?

Use your merc for shit you can't kill, tomb reaver is decent for this purpose.

will attempt to spawn dclone around 2130 (that's in about 4h45m) with my 14 pul runes
anyone else that wants to contribute if it hasn't spawned by then feel free to after I finish selling mine

doing something else until 2100 then have to finish this rush

It has a 100% chance of spawning with 1 pul rune sold.

fug really?
i made a fuck ton of alts to hold games and shit lol

well, shit it only affects the game you are in

Goddamn it. I don't know anymore.

Also is anyone aware of freeablo working with Diablo II? There's a stupid crash on Ancients if I try to use Cloak of Shadows and being able to use it would've helped so much.

sasuga Holla Forums

if you want to play vanilla so much just play b.net fag

why would I do that when i run my own server, nigger?

What are you complaining about then?

non-sequitir

Let me ask a different question then, since you don't seem to understand what a non-sequitur is.

What do you want, and what will it take for you to stop shitposting here?

Why are you so mad I told the user why everyone plays alone you silly faggot?

What do you want? Do you want the server host to switch to vanilla?

For all the niggers, faggots, and Jews to go to Hell.

Stop taking his bate. He is trying to sabotage this server. He reminds me of that one mother who doesn't want a kid but looks after him anyways, belittling and berating as he grows forever fucking him up as a human.

D&C kikery if I ever heard of it. I'm the OP you silly faggot. I wrote the damn install guide for slackware…

If you think I'm joking about people not giving a shit about Gorilla Dick mod, follow my instructions and host a vanilla server for us and watch it reach a higher population that server #1.

why host another one? aren't you hosting a hugely successful one that's been running since 2010? why don't you let the people who want to play vanilla play on your server then?

oh right because you don't have one faggot, go play b.net

why can't you read?

yes, i have one for me and my irl friends since 2010.
i don't have resources for anons, sorry. why can't you follow my instructions and host a vanilla server for us?

here's a pic for you nigger. i can stream too. i don't have resources for niggerfaggots like you, and i never will. if you do; you're too fucking retarded to setup a server for us so that makes you a double niggerfaggot.

Nobody here besides you wants vanilla, or we'd have asked the host to run that.

There is no "us", it's just you.

k

This sounds like usual diablo II if everyone is farming for equipment and wanting all the drops to themselves. Or that it's way too easy to get godly equipment to the point whatever party benefits each class can offer isn't worth the co-op.

Whoa you mean Chimpanzee Penis mod isn't conducive to multiplayer and increases the drops the point you don't even need to trade?
kek'd

necros got nerfed somewhere after 1.10 i guess. can only summon 8 skelingtons, and they are fucking retarded for Act 2

You're only finding that out now, retard?

They needed to do it because 7 Necros lagged the server and needed to make adjustments
Honestly I Wish they could fix it, Instead they put out shit new patches

There will never ever be another Summoner in online games equal to a 1.10 Necromancer
The somethingawful tag is bait

WEW

this place takes so long as a summonmancer

at least i have corpse explosion

just enable ladder user

don't make the stash bigger though, just enable ladder

how many clears was that to get 7 mal and ist runes? 10000?

only a couple hundred?

you'd wanna do thousands of countess runs to get a zod rune by cubing, and even then you're better off trading 3 or 4 Lo runes for a zod rune, that might save you a few months of countess runs

forget what i said about runes since i hadnt realized the high rune drop rate was increased on this server

good point i guess, its only 200 or so defense

And my hardcore character gets his first title for beating Baal.

For some reason I own a copy of Diablo 2 through battle net, but never actually played it.

What the fuck was up with them updating it to 1.14 and breaking everything? It's useless now.

I have D2SE mod manager so I'm able to pick the patch to play. I heard patch 1.14s have some technical fixes like full compatibility, etc. If I'm just able to play with the updated engine and play with previous patches for balance it's just fine with me.

Diablo2 may not as atmosphere as Diablo1 but it's way more fun to play…

that's actually pretty neat

Why does it have to be this shitty ring 90% of the time. I remember getting a unique ring on Chaos Sanctuary in Hell and it was this crap.

This is why I laugh when people complain about filler uniques in PoE. It was always 95% filler.

If only Diablo 1 HD mod had multiplayer…

SoJ and BK wouldn't give the same high otherwise. Perfection is always around the corner in D2. It's an addictive kind of hell.

Are there actually people still playing? Starting nightmare wand just wondering.

Yes, but I'm using TCP/IP to connect to my friend (playing vanilla). Not on the server.

at least he picked a good merc

I almost wanted to change it up by getting an act 3 or act 5 merc, but none of them have the kind of utility auras offer.

because of BLM tier sage spergs that come and shit up every thread that violates their jimmies

And now hell might be possible

wew for teleporting summon necros.
Bottlenecks and tunnels will be much better now.

I have a zod if anyone wants to trade a cham or jah for it, might save you some trouble.

If no takers I'll cube it down to jah probably tomorrow morning.

I'll trade for it.

make a game, i'll be around for another 5 hours or so

maybe you should get some more charms; id farm in halls of pain/anguish for em
also, get a might or normal defiance merc; its not like you'll be using either aura yourself anyway when you can use fanaticism or concentration

also, just running around and killing uniques and whatever superuniques are along the way is actually a surprisingly good way to get set and unique items on hell if you don't wanna do mephisto or baal runs; the preferred place to do it for nightmare uniques is outdoors in act 1 on hell

also farming hallf of pain/anguish on nightmare or doing baal runs can pretty easily get you to level 73 or so, and you can find some elite items in there too; hopefully including a cruel elite weapon of something

Game called ayy

I'm here fam

trading mid level runs (pul~ist) for light gc's
leave a message here if interested

I noticed I have an +30 all res base from all 3 Anya quests for normal and nightmare (-10 from the -40 nm mode) but when I'm in hell, I only have it from hell mode, it shows -90 and not -70, why is that?

Because Hell puts your resistances beyond -100, the anya boni work, theyre just not enough.

You're saying they go to -120? Must be the mod for this server then cause vanilla D2 is -100

So I played on this server for about 4 or 5 hours. I've played diablo 2 for years since it was released and messed around with a lot of mods. I'm still in normal, but why does the difficulty seem so crazy in normal? Seems like it is set to be '/players 8' in every game, regardless of how many people are in it. Durial is one-shotting my 19 amazon with ~250 HP.

I'm not saying anything should be changed, I'm just wondering if the difficulty for normal has been altered. Hell, I might enjoy the challenge. I'm pretty vanilla isn't like this (unless, like I said, 8 players mode), but I didn't see anywhere in the patch notes where normal difficulty was altered.

This is the highest rune that has dropped for me thus far (including Nightmare Hellforge, with attention split between 3 other level 60+ characters). Also
It's been a while since I've played a trapper. Not sure if I want to give it a try hardcore.

I joined this server nearly 3 weeks ago and it's deader now than when I first joined.

Would anyone be against the idea of having a thread on 4chan /vg/ to help promote and gain some life into the server?

It's Duriel, fam, if he didn't brutally sodomize you it just wouldn't be right. Check your resistances.

TBH I played through on a few characters already and kinda burned out on it. I'll probably come back later to give ubers a go, but I need better gear for that and it wasn't dropping.

I've had a Ber drop from a chest in Lower Kurast Hell, on 1.13 (so slightly higher HR drop rates). But that was in singleplayer.

guillames
black rw flail
4 soc pally shield w/ 40+res with pdiamonds
treachery rw chest for fade / swap to duress for fight / or guardian angel for more safety and cheaper
dracul's grasp if you can find it (not necessary) / IAS gloves if not
lifetap wand on swap
goblin toe
tgods / any belt
ravenfrost+dwarf star / any rings
highlord's / any amulet (pref with at least +1 to offensive auras)

+ smiter
10 smite
20 blessed shield
20 fana
20 conviction (+1 from bo or something to cancel meph conviction)
= dead ubers with gear you get from nightmare mephisto and runes you can get from nightmare forge

they randomized the ubers spawn location so it might get a bit hairy

it's kind of fun playing out the shit I never got on b.net and doing things with multiple accounts like having a paladin with level 26 conviction and a necro with level 33 lower resist follow around my sorc rather than using infinity + LR wand. using redvex+automaton really opened up a lot of different possibilities so right now I'm trying to make the perfect party for clearing cows as quickly as possible and trying to gear out my hammerdin to do uber cows.

I am playing single player.