Future of Gaming

What are you predicting for the future of gaming? Will the console industry survive another year? Are customers (normalfags) going to let themselves be jewed time and time again by companies like valve, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Capcom, EA (both meanings), etc?
Will Linux finally become a viable gaming platform? Will Satoru Iwata continue to ruin his good name from beyond the grave? Will we see another gaming crash comparable to 1983? Will SJWs completely take over the industry and move on to something like anime, ruining more hobbies? Will I finally give up and drink the bleach?

All of these questions and more, answered by anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pnazgOlF7E.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its difficult to form a real prediction beyond the next decade, so thats the breakoff point
Yes because consoles are still selling a lot despite not having any fucking games
Hard to say, most likely it'll be more of a gradual demographic shift
Its been well over 20 years since the Linux kernel became a thing, 30 years since the GNU OS became a thing, the Linux desktop is not fucking happening and it never will.
Only if complete retards let it happen, most likely yes
Most likely if there is any kind of crash it'll be in the mobile app market as it is the most oversaturated at the moment. Remember, the '83 crash only affected the west, and it only affected consoles, Arcades and home computing game markets thrived during this era. It is unlikely there will ever be a complete industry crash.
I expect the social justice movement to die down actually, we can actually already see it happening. If Trump wins its all the better, but worst case he loses and even then the SJWs I expect will still lose momentum regardless, like the hippies of the 60s
What the fuck is stopping you fucking faggot?

I legitimately don't know what I'll do if this happens. Whatever it is, it's gonna be drastic.

I actually checked console sales and aparentally this gen didn't do so well
(The Xbox one was 10 mil)
Maybe that's why they're pushing this retarded Ps4.5 and Xbox Scorpio shit.

On one hand i wish they moved onto anime and destroyed all anime shows from inside, but i fear they may reach japan and ban my favorite loli artists in the process

No user, you are completely fucking retarded

And the DS/PS2 are considered very exceptional sales wise. Their lifetime numbers shouldn't be taken as a rule, 44 million in 3 years is very typical for a game console and while 60 million in 5 years for a handheld is rather weak, this is being compared to a market segment dominated by a single company (Nintendo) since 1989

user-sama, you realize that the only console that reached that was the PS4? The Wii U and hexbox didn't make >20 mil sales.
Plus with the new ps4.5 this console cycle seems to be coming to an end prematurely.

The GCN and Xbox classic both made roughly 20 million over their entire lifetime, again, this is fairly typical

Oops, forgot:
My other point is that if the same rate of sales continues for the next 3 years (which it likely won't because most console sales have an exponential falloff) Xbox one and the WIIu won't even have a FOURTH of the sales of their predecessor. The ps4 will just go a bit under the amount of sales of the PS3. The 3ds will make around 2/3 of its predecessor, too.

Oops again you dumb faggot, the 3DS' predecessor is the second best selling console of all time so its hardly a fair comparison. And in addition with last gen, the Wii and Xbox 360 sold exceptionally well with respect to each other

I've said this a thousand times, but SJWs CAN'T ruin anime for two reasons:
1 - we aren't the audience for anime. Anime studios aren't seeing a huge, untapped audience in the west. The average westerner still thinks anime is about tentacle rape of toddlers. The western anime audience is almost nonexistent to them.
2 - there are no gatekeepers to anime. Games require an entire team to localize them. It's a huge investment of time, effort, and money. Anime just requires a distributor of raw video, someone who knows Japanese, and someone who can time subtitles. It can be done by a tiny team for free. SJWs have already infiltrated official subs, but there's nothing they can do about fansubs, so anime will remain untainted until the Japanese taint it themselves, which won't happen thanks to the first point.

Not in the current year it isnt
What the fuck is inflantion?

Nah, it's getting extended. PS4P and Xbone Scorpio aren't a new gen, they're the means to extend the cycle even further than the PS360 gen lasted. Expect at least 2 more midgen upgrades before compatibility of games to launch PS4s/Xbones gets dropped. They didn't go all out on the amount of RAM for nothing when gen8 started.

Its going to kill them

So, a slope is still a slope. The guys at Microsoft and Nintendo used the money from the success of their console to build more infrastructure, infrastructure that they probably can't support with these "typical" sales. Again, you say that 20 million was typical, but then why was the GameCube considered a failure?

umm..excuse me? Console prices scale for inflation first of all, second of all we aren't comparing the net gross of consoles, we're comparing sales, if we compare total operating income for game consoles Microsoft would've been making a net loss during the 360 generation and Nintendo would be dominating because of various other factors regarding the cost to manufacture their weak hardware

Actually this a pretty reasonable analysis of the future of gaming.

The future will be bright, user. Game companies, Bethesda especially, are working hard to bring you the latest in gaming technology. Just wait for Skyrim 3 and you'll see.

Consoles will continue but in the form of tablets and smartphones. Just install and play. It just works. Desktop is undergoing a steady decline.

It was considered a failure with respect to its competition, it was the weakest selling console of its generation. Nintendo still made money off of it you dumb fucks

Isnt the UN( sjws/globalists) trying to get lolicon and some other shit in japan banned?

Because compatibility across different gens of HW killed the PC? user please.

I think recently somebody tried to start a GG but for anime. I don't know who though.

Yes, they are. So far Japan responded with "characters in anime aren't real, yo".

fixed

Islamic Caliphate will take over the world. Video-games are Haram.

Hmmmmmmmm, ah. Down the shitter.

More shovelware.
Easily. Microsoft will continue to shovel money made elsewhere into the Xbox, since its only purpose is to genocide the Japanese vidya industry. Which is still alive as of today.
Consumers (children and niggers) are fine with what they get.
Android is already the biggest gaming platform.
This will be averted with taxpayer's money, since vidya keeps niggers happy and avoids civil war.
They already have.
They can't do shit to Japanese entertainment. Which gets us back to the sole purpose of the Xbox.

Selling at a gain doesnt mean shit if the total sales ate shit and the investment was useless on the hardware was useless.

Both Nintendo and Microsoft have made it clear that their consoles have met dissapointing expectation especially after all the marketing and first party software they've been subsiding.>>11005637

Ps4No doesnt even have compatibility for Bloodborne user, most games dont.
Its nothing but an scam to sell 4K TVs.

The PS4 proves it doesn't make shit of a difference, a console can sell and still have no games. investors don't give a shit about how much a console sells, just how much money it racks in

Here's how it works for you dumb fucks;
1.) Developers look to console sales to see a potential install base for their games

2.) console makers push out consoles to make money

3.) investors look to see how much money a console makes

Nintendo doesn't need 3rd parties to sell their shit. Nintendo figured out long ago you can actually make more money using much weaker but also much cheaper hardware. The only downside was third parties stopped giving a fuck

It's compatible to all PS4 games, including Bloodborne. It's just that most old games won't get patched to use the added power.

Where were the people who bleat "MUH FREE MARKET" then? Why weren't people saying that companies that can't compete should be allowed to die? American cars STILL have a reputation as being dog shit compared to European and Japanese cars, and American Airlines still can't get a single flight in the air on time, serves shitty food, and is probably considering charging people a fee for NOT flying.

Yeah….I don't even need a source for that. "B-b-b-but….I didn't say that!" Yes, you did. The word compatible doesn't mean "upscales to 4K." In the context you used it, what you said means that you think the PS4 Pro can't play PS4 games.

There are no free markets, user. Communism is in full effect.

I dont see how that has anything to do with my argument, but ok, you're not wrong.
The bulk of that money comes from console sales and third party licenses both of which Nintendo and Microsoft lack.

Its not compatible with the full extension of its hardware.
There
It doesnt undermine my point

No, I meant in the context that it still cant run most games at 60FPS, even with the hardware boost.

Nah, you went full retard.

How?
Elaborate

Words have defined meanings. If you're claiming something isn't compatible that would mean that it doesn't run.
Accepting that you have a problem is the first step in overcoming it. Reacting like a SJW and redefining words until they mean what you want them to mean is retarded. Own your mistake, don't try sidestepping like a numale on the impossible quest for feminist approval.

Ok

They got away with this shit attempt of a generation, so of course. Sad really.

Of course. It's wishful thinking to think otherwise.

It's getting there. It's like an asthmatic running a marathon, it'll eventually cross the finish line eventually. It's surprising to see what currently works on it anyway with Wine, let alone resorting to GPU passthrough shit.

Nintendo have been fucked for a while.

I'd say maybe. Given the upgrade route, it could fuck it up in the end. I'd hope so anyway.

Most likely. It's not like much good was going on anyway.

Do it faggot.

Who knows. Everytime I consider getting something like a ps4 I remember that I'm going to have to pay for online

Only for multiplayer.

PS4 is the future of gaming.
The future is Japanese.

I really really want to play persona 5 in hd

convert to the linux gaming master race, don't buy into the win10 and consoles/portables meme

This was the first fucking time since the NES where I didn't buy a console.

Are the games Free and Open-Source?

Or are they just microsoft spyware ported to linux?
Are they closed source and do they connect to the internet?: SPYWARE!

I'm making my own shitty little 8-bit throwbacks (I'd like to do more complex stuff but I'm only one man doing fucking everything myself and I'm anal about not copying and pasting other people's stuff so I know exactly what's going on with the code and the assets). I will put them on whatever digital distribution channels I can get them on, including consoles if I can, and if not I will at least die happy knowing that I made something similar to the things that brought me the most joy as a child. Same with the stories I write.

At this point the industry isn't really worth saving, not in its current state anyway. The only thing we can do is sift through the shit for the few nuggets of gold and pass each other knowing glances as we hide from the spotlight of the AAA marketing machine.

Blame it on phones all you fucking want, phones aint hurting fucking nintendo.
Lame ass jew handheld with only shit weeb games, if they BTFO out of their own security 'by accident' (leak or w/e) I bet sales of the vita will fucking skyrocket.

The console industry has been running on the equivalent of the hedonic treadmill since the Xbox came out and started cannibalizing the PC gaming industry.

Basically you will see repetitive bastardizing of PC-style game franchises indefinitely until some new technology breaks the pattern, the reason for this of course is because that particular aspect of the console industry is flush with new pleb-tier consumers every year to which all of this repetitive garbage is new and exciting.

The producers of hardware and the developers of the software this demographic buys won't have to worry for some time yet, however there will be a slow bleed of attrition as the original non-pc gaming demographic ensnared by the original Xbox will progressively become less and less interested in the re-hashed garbage that is put out.

I don't think we'll see a crash, not yet, we'll see a very delicate slump into comfortable mediocrity, and you will see once more, all of the exciting stuff happening on the PC and with perhaps other experimental technologies.

How much of that chart has to do with their beastly handheld division and motherfucking pokemon? I know the wii was a ridiculous success too.

I can't imagine the N64 or gamecube being particularly strong contributors to the success of nintendo. What proof do you have besides "nintendo was still making money", that the ngc was a success? They basically owned the handheld market, that shit prints money.

My future of gayming will be using Win 7 until I cannot use it any more, then switch to Linux and play any Windows exclusive I might hang on to with a Virtual box or Play on Linux.

The world economy will collapse, and video game production will go with it.

But people will buy consoles and games for escapism.

So… ups and downs :P

Japan is done.

The Japanese have this way of fooling devoted customers into thinking they're innovative when in fact they're not.

The only thing remotely innovative was the original Wii and even then its market impact was mostly felt by people who weren't even conventional gamers. Japan has a distinct "think inside our autistic jappo-box style of approach to paradigm shifts in game design and technology".

As I said, they're really good at convincing people already sold on consuming their products that anything they're doing is innovative when it isn't.

The UN did attempt to, yes. And Japan basically told them to fuck off and said that if they did it they'd hurt real women working in this industry, of whom there are many, to protect fictional ones that aren't real (like for instance, your waifu.)

Obviously being innovative has little to do with success, apple doesn't really innovate and they sell like gangbusters too

I'm of the same mentality. One of the problems that I think affects longer-term consumers is that since no one makes the kind of games that they're really looking for anymore, they tend to settle for whatever's currently on the market that's "close enough" when compared against whatever their list of criteria may be, even if it's only a loose match. The hope is usually that, if economic interest is demonstrated for these more tangential titles, then the producers may be incentivized to produce more of what the consumer is really looking for, since it's in the same "neighborhood" so to speak. However, and they're not necessarily wrong for responding as such, as this only demonstrates to the producers that whatever they're currently doing (i.e. making game with criteria "V", "Z", and "F" when all the consumer wants is "E") is working to make sales, it'd be riskier to pander to their consumer base than to continue following market research or doing some bone reading, however it is they ultimately make these decisions.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that the only hope of any of us having the kinds of games we really want, is that we have to make them ourselves, since I doubt most any of us are really satisfied with what the industry offers today. I'm finally taking the plunge on that venture as well, and come hell or high water, maybe it'll be the kind of thing someone's really looking for.

The problem is that utility products aren't susceptible to the same problems that homeostasis in any aspect of the entertainment industry is.

That is to say, eventually genres and mechanics can eventually become played out and seem boring to consumers if they are relied on consistently to bring in money.

We're seeing this with sidescrollers, how many fucking mario games can we really expect to draw in sales the way they once did. Sure the decline will probably be slow, because young age demographics will be less inured to the same concepts and products older demographics are.

However Japanese developers are very much into sticking to a formula and beating it to death.

My future of gaming will be PS2/3/4 with used games.

At least my discs will continue to function.

The real tragedy lies in the fact that technology is progressing at such a stupidly fast pace human beings themselves simply can't catch up to their own creations. We're getting exponential growths with our HDs, graphics cards and monitors but sheer human incompetence when coding and developing means we can barely hit the minimum of 60fps in grand triple A titles. Devs are so focused on making the biggest, most amazing eye-catching games with the most impressive pre-rendered trailers that cause people to buy into the hype and pre-order they come riddles with bugs gameplay that is puddle deep at best, and at worst completely broken.

For these amazing visuals to happen a shitton of money has to be spent on the game, and as such they must make the money back somehow by selling millions, which in previous generations was a sign success in and on itself (anyone remember when Final Fantasy XII got Sony's double platinum game award for selling two million units?). To reach those millions of games sold they must appeal to the lowest common denonimator which means as many casual gamers as possible, so the game must be simplified and casualized to the point where anyone can beat them and hints and tips are everywhere. It becomes imperative to cut corners, so anything that can't be marketed with trailers and gameplay demos must be downsized. Story and level design are cut.

"Indies" do not fare better. Because games were popularized only in the past few years nobody went to computer science/engineering classes to learn how to properly code a game, so they take crash courses and develop spaghetti codes that result in games that are even less optimized than triple A titles (coughcoughYanderecuckcough) that struggle to run in middle-end computers. That is not even considering the devs who look at the 8-bit and 16-bit nostalgia and decide to make pixel art games, but they miss the fact that such games weren't pixel-made out of a design choice, but out of hardware limitation and were carefully constructed to the point of carefully detailed characters that jumped out at you. Instead, they make "minimalistic pixel art" that is lazy and does not garner in the player a sense of attachment to the characters. There is a gem here and there but these are few and far between.

PC's are struggling with games, and consoles are even worse. Sony and Microsoft's desire to match the PC's screenshots causes a bare minimum of their games to even reach 60fps. Paid online options for "a better customer service" are bogus especially when the consoles are seemingly limited by how much bandwith they can download - not even the touted "insert disk and play" simplicity of consoles is there anymore - day one patches that take hours to download because of limited console bandwith means you simply can't sit down and enjoy instant gratification. The PC rush has now caused Sony and Microsoft to release "updated" more powerful versions of their consoles which will most likely leave the original consoles in the dust and shaft consumers even more.

Everything has been in a downward spiral since the entrance of Microsoft in the console market. On the flipside, piracy is easier than ever and you can always download and play old gems for free. The backlog of fantastic games out there means if you ever get disillusioned with the current state of the industry you can fallback to it.

FTFY
And the answer is : at least one more

Well, we're still in a Depression, and it'll continue for another 10 years.
So that means AAA games will continue to be massively expensive and thus the producers will be unwilling to try new IPs.

Another side effect of this Depression is that people scared and just trying to scrape by, and they've always been stupid idiots, so the handful of people that even notice that things are getting worse, that they're being used and abused by those in power, are afraid to do anything about it or too disillusioned to care.

Consequently, all of the petty little schemes and gimmicks and so on will continue and worsen, all in the name of Capitalism. Anti-consumer practices will go entirely unchecked, with only the tiny little groups like us even noticing them, and as things get worse and worse, we'll rely on piracy for AAA games and support indie games.

Even with this Depression, technology marches on, and developing indie games continues to become easier and cheaper; eventually we'll go from this faux-NES shit to faux-SNES shit.

There will never be another gaming crash. SJW is a self limiting problem: too much pandering to SJWs actually loses sales, so you'll see a regression back to mere lip service while games go back to the same fanservice they've always had before this SJW shit started.

Linux won't become viable because there's no commercial incentive to develop for it. There are more games for Android OS than there are for Linux, even though Linux is much more mature, and that's simply because the commercial incentive exists for Android (not that I'm saying cell phone games are good or anything mind you).

Good for them. I don't give a shit about anime, but I do give a shit about countries protecting their own sovereignty.

Though I'm glad they did that, there's still not out of the woods yet. With the olympics coming up in Japan in 2020, they're going to try and "convince" Japan to tone down (ban) a lot of the controversial (most anime) material to not trigger gaijin visitors.

More game genres blending with RPG style progression to stamp out player skill as a factor. Just throw up numbers to prevent a player from progressing. More genres having MOBAS. Racing MOBAs. Fighting game MOBAs. Roguelike MOBAs.

Companies will keep fucking people over and pushing social justice and other cancer and the customers will accept it and even helpfully spread their asscheeks. Even "redpilled" gamers are just blindly buying whatever shit the industry and indie devs shovel out. But I guess that has nothing to do with me anymore. I don't buy anything unless it's Japanese or very old (and even with Japanese games you have to watch out now). Western devs are untrustworthy by default.

Anime is the next big battleground, but the outcome is out of our hands. Nothing can be done about SJWs unless you start actually killing and terrorizing them. So we just have to hope the Japanese don't shit the bed.

Go outside and talk to people in the real world.
Console drones are gluttons for punishment, they like to complain to each other that their favored brand isn't fucking them in the ass as hard as that other guy.

The only thing "console drones" wanted to have are used games. So they got used games.

I predict a great schism that will benefit us all. I believe everyone will have to fall back and fulfill a niche instead of trying to please everyone.
casuals are getting more casual as time goes on, even normalfags are calling some games casual while still "fearing" "hardcore" games like dark souls
unfortunately we will still be forced to do an excessive amount of research to know if a game is worth our time.

Everyday I wish it was 1996 again but when I wake up, it never is. Now the future of gaming is already extremely clear now, it's going mobile. The future of gaming is almost going to be entirely mobile. Many us and especially Holla Forums will be unhappy with this fact but it's unavoidable because most people don't want to invest into a dedicated system just for gaming but everyone is going to need and buy a phone, and mobiles games are getting so good graphically that well, check out Final Fantasy Mobius or the UE4 mobile games youtube.com/watch?v=4pnazgOlF7E. Already looks better than most console games. All that's left for them is to be able to stream to your TV and some of them like tablets can already do that. Of course, this will probably destroy gaming since it'll be a flood of casuals the likes of which humanity and gaming has never seen before. It's over.

Don't be such a defeatist, user.
Trump will Make Video Games Great Again

Mobile games have their limitations and people still want to play stuff like Overwatch and Rocket League. And I've been hearing for years now that mobile is going take over, and nothing has happened.

That depends entirely on your definition. To me, the platform is viable. I stopped paying attention to AAA titles almost 5 years ago.

Which turns your phone into a molotov coctail

Yeah. Sales are good and multiplats sell the most on console.

I would love to buy a nintendo console again but I've hated them since gamecube. I'm not confident I will like their new console. I'm sure it will sell well.

Which fallacy is this again?

SEGA's systems weren't innovative despite innovating and being the first of so much? Sony's PS or beautiful Vita itself isn't innovative when Steve Robs himself copied them? Nintendo's numerous consoles which tried to be more than any of the others weren't innovative? Here are some of the things the Japanese invented in gaming

Shoot 'em ups, Beat 'em ups, Fighting games, platformers, stealth games, VNs, survival horror games, psychological horror games, scrollers, rhythm games, bullet hells, active time battle system, etc. These are all the inventions of the Japanese. It doesn't even begin to cover all the things they contributed from games like Dragon Quest which changed fantasy games forever.

The West attempts at being innovative are garbage compared to the Japanese because ever since the days of Atari (which rightfully failed) and now Microshit (who failed miserably with the scandals and shitstorm over the xbone) which just copied Sony's Playstation over and over again and the West's market which is filled with FPS kids who play the most copypaste same garbage over and over again of any video game in existence. As it stands, the west is so currently bankrupt in creativity Hollywood has to turn to Japan for ideas.

tl;dr
Microshit shill, please go.

Vidya is already dead user. Find another hobby.

But that's exactly what happened. I'll ask you now, what is the largest gaming platform in the world currently? I'll give you a hint. It isn't consoles or PCs.

Mobile games are popular, but it's not a zero sum game. They fulfill a different purpose than PC and console games.

They would have been there, but their Internet was slower than usual that day and they were already dangerously close to hitting their data cap for the month.

there will be no gaming crash because technology in 2016 is not the same as 1983. In 1983 the industry could rely on an upcoming series of groundbreaking graphics revolutions, which is no longer possible. We've reached a kind of critical limit in terms of technological capability. Every industry has a maximum point beyond which all innovation becomes extremely marginal, if at all possible.

SJW's will continue to takeover the industry. What remains to be seen is how long Todd Howard will hold out in the Elder Scrolls, considering that he is a subtle redpiller.

linux won't do shit, it will continue to be Sony and Microsoft. The proliferation of services will continue. Its actually kinda safe to say that the industry we now see its the ultimate rational point of videogames; perpetual services funneled through microtransactions, making the consumer an addicted cash-cow. The future is now.

Gaming will become an "On demand" service like Netflix or Spotify than just retail only. And it will inevitably go all digital. But Gamestop will never die because they will just become a merch and figurine store. Because you can't even get that dignity of watching FUCKING GAMESTOP die in your lifetime.

Of course. Sony made a comeback as a company despite all their other divisions best efforts to sabotage it. The only problem is that now Sony has shown the sector can be a profit maker, their Korean compeditors may want a slice. The lukewarm interest in the pro and PSVR will hurt (Especially if the performance on Battlefield 1 is as bad as rumored)

Nintendo will attract interest with the NX with its good games like its normally does but it's too early to say if the "Hybrid" will be a hit.

Microsoft's a wildcard. They know Mustards will never buy a console and the people claiming W10 is a botnet are just a bunch of fat neckbeard /g/entoomen and normalfags don't PC games unless its toaster tier spec games like CS GO and ASSFAGGOTS (They know the PC Master Race is just a meme). They couldn't fuck up as hard as the xbone and the PS4 Pro is underwhelming. They might have a shot again.

Microtransactions really are just a replacement for cheat hotlines or Nintendo game counselors back in the day. The industry just wised up and realised people will pay to unlock things.

Nope, it's already terrible now on Android performance wise and expect its share to crash once Google starts slowly removing the Linux back ends before Andromeda releases as a totally propietary kernel to "prevent piracy" (Send data to the NSA). SteamOS is already dead now Gabe is besties with Microsoft even when they threw that VR consolation prize to the ten people that own a Vive and use Linux.

No. The crash only happened in America because of too many companies getting involved and 20 consoles on the market was way too much. Meanwhile it boomed in Britain and Japan with the ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and Microsoft MSX before the NES was even concieved.

If consoles crashed, they would be replaced instantly. Such is the nature of the industry these days.

The only possible crash is with AAA games becoming way too risky bets but with mid-gen keeping dev around the same costs and Unreal 4 starting to bring down costs it will probably survive.

Nope. High pressure at the top from people wanting results like investors will trigger them. None of them will last long in a position like that and their career advancement possibilities are slim.

Alphas like Big Daddy Todd will still stay at the top of studios because they are the ones tough enough to cut deals, make financial calls and direct projects to meet milestones and shipdates. And for all the shit you can heap on Todd for Fallout 4. That game was announced, had it's date revealed and shipped on time in six fucking months.

Their power is limited and fleeting because people are realising how ridiculous they are. Expect a moderation at worst. But then I remember the start of GG, Xbro posted that when he asked a senior staffer on the Xbox team at MS that "We dont employ victims. We employ workers who get on with it". Reality will slap them hard and you can't "Disneyfy" history or ideas forever.

SJW's are just a fad. Gaming will mantain its current trajectory. You are all fucked. Buy Fallout 4 NOW.

It will keep diving as the rhetoric keeps growing.

Not with 200 GB game sizes. ISPs will throw a huge wrench there and simply cap game downloads. A Netflix stream is a joke against a AAA release.
They can still sell previous-gen used games.
I finally got a console, since my upgraded toaster saw not one worthwhile release in its four year lifecycle since 2012. A console gen can still get late releases, while an outdated PC with nogayms is worthless trash thanks to Gimpworks.
Dealing with the fuckery of self-modifying/upgrading WinX is exactly not, what I need in gaming. Steam (which behaves the same) is already worse enough.
Insert the disc, launch the game, installs to HDD in background. That is what normalfags like.

That's not a "takeover" that's rising to the top. Takeover implies that it chokes out the other markets. And from what the sales figures show, console and PC games are still extremely profitable.

The Japanese are pretty nationalist at heart, it wouldn't take much prodding by dirty gaijin for Japan to tell the West to fuck off entirely.

user, do you mean to say free market has never been tried ?

No, my kind of free market works

WEW
WEW
Back to >>>/cuckchan/

Nintentoddler confirmed

If consoles are going to start getting yearly/biyearly updates that splits up the consumer base then why not just move to PC. I don't understand console fags form a consumer or a business perspective.

u mad?

Replacing consoles is cheaper.

shit.
and forced trannies in every game.

Games are mainstream now and will follow the Zeitgeist as every other media. So you will get nazis in 1930s games and trannies in 2010s games.

Shit like hollywood except worse since there's more money here.

God damn it, I thought this was undertale but it was fucking Cave Story.

Toby Fox has ruined you.

user, I want to help.
Tell me what you see.

2 bears high fiving

I want to fuel exactly this response happening years in advance.

How do I do this?

I honestly don't know what I expected from "games journalism" other than that.

A beautiful butterfly goddess reaching her arms out to me.
She smiles.

She…..
She……….
SHE LOOKS LIKE MUFFET. DEAR GOD HELP ME!!!!

go to japan and act like a fucking tool? Start a japanese hate blog?

I keep having a recurring dream about hijacking a police helicopter and skydiving out over a beach with a wingsuit and parachute. Please advise, over.

I see the silhouette of an absolutely beautiful yet fearsome power beyond comprehension descending.

No, I just want to make the otaku as directly insulting to them over their control over tits and ass as possible.

Oh and I see two fiery phoenixes locked in an embrace…or combat.

Probably a subconscious metaphor for the two burning passions fighting within me. Phoenixes ressurect from their ashes, which symbolises how the fight never ends and ultimately I'm indecisive. Just guessing though.

Sounds like yer a fagit

The chinese are already doing it, so this wouldn't surprise me.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE

Of course it will, you LARPing retard.

Butterflies are normal, since that was your first impression we'll just roll with it.

That's rad as hell.

Take care of yourself, because there's someone out there here really cares about you.

You probably need to talk to your parents about this sorta thing.

You're beyond my help.

Japanophile please, stop projecting, I happened to trigger exactly the kind of person I described in the post you responded to and you have the audacity to claim I'm a shill.

Top fucking kek.

Yeah I wonder how Nintendo has made such high profits. Could it be their near monopoly of the console market in the mid to late 80s? Their monopoly of the handheld market for three decades? The high cost they charge customers compared to the low cost of their hardware to manufacture? Or all the milking they do of their customers by selling accessories that are often required to enjoy a particular game?

Nintendo has the most corrupt record out of all the console companies that have so far existed.

this
But I don't think SJWs will take over gaming, their too busy with trump and other things now, we're not in the spotlight

you aint doin shit

Nothing will survive another year. Nuclear fucking war.

Same as always. People getting screwed over and liking it, publishers raking in money from incomplete AAA dumps that get by on their names and graphics alone, indies being as corrupt/incompetent or worse than the bug guys, and people who actually give a shit about making good games without BS being treated as anathema or unpersons for not following the current narrative.

Of course they'll stick around. If one crash couldn't kill the industry back in the 80s, another will probably do nothing.

If you expect them to suddenly "wake up" and reject all the anti-consumer BS that's getting piled on them, you are delusional. normalfags refusing to think critically and being content with others shitting in their faces has been a thing since the dawn of society, and it will continue to be a thing until the last sentient being dies.

Give people a good reason to use Linux over Windows and Mac and MAYBE we'll start getting more games for Linux. As I see it, though, beating the marketing machines would require killing most of the aspects current Linux'ers like about it, like the whole open source thing.

Possibly. We're certainly sliding into a position similar to then. I think we'd just get another NES situation and life would go on as usual, though.

I hope not. To be frank, though, I don't see most of them being able to worm their way into the upper management or handle managing businesses on the scale of the AAA publishers in the West. Asia would just BTFO them as usual.

I'm surprised you haven't done it already.

Witnessed.