SLEEPING DOGS 2 NEVER FUCKING EVER

archive.is/cRbd5
The developers are dead. This means that F2P MMO and the definitive edition are the last things Sleeping Dogs related we'll probably see from them.

Also they made some early access game called Smash and Grab which was on top 10 Steam selling games, but I guess that didnt matter.

fugg

Well atleast it didnt turn into an MMO the devs decided to make a new IP.

So does this mean no one True Crime? Sleeping dogs was considered part of that franchise right

why would you want another GTA rip off made by chinks?

Sleeping Dogs was originally part of True Crime, but Activision canceled it, so SE picked up the project and rebranded it.

Fuck Sleeping Dogs was actually good well it is what it is.

Damn, Sleeping Dogs was actually fun

I was actually hoping for a sleeping dogs sequel. With none of that undercover cop bullshit

FUCK

Kek

F

Best GTA clone, period.

Why are you retarded? It's not made by chinks and you are too stupid to post here.

At least it didn't turn into a mafia 3.

are you kikes retarded

sleeping dogs was a mediocre attempt at copying the GTA formula and pandering to hipsters who hated GTA for being mainstream

it was doomed from the start, its why the enhanced edition only included graphical updates, and its why the developers are dead

fucking just play gta or something, why waste your time on this garbage

Fellate a machinegun

*what
Fuck grammer

not an argument. i'm objectively correct. quit acting like the pissy hipster that you are and just play GTA

Stop baiting, user~kun.

It was alright but the studios closing has a silver lining.

shame, Sleepy Dawgs was a fun game, even if the second half has a bunch of gunplay when the gimmick is that it's a setting without a lot of gunplay.

but if you wanna go from Bruce Lee homage to Chow Yun Fat homage, it works.

Please just end your pathethic life already.

That's too bad. I had a lot of fun with the first game. I wish the 2nd half had less gunplay since it was pretty fun beating people up.

That's a shame. I only played the game this last week and was in love with it. It, looked great, the amount of detail put into the world was stunning, the story was good, and the combat was pretty good.

Usually I dislike these GTA type games, but God damn sleeping dogs was fucking great. If I had one complaint it'd be that the story felt rushed.

There was shitloads of content cut because the game was in development hell for so long. You can easily tell when the fiance of your first boss suddenly pops up and the MC acts like he has known her for a while.

Also, the girlfriends were meant to have much more content as well.

Butthurt Activision shill who wanted to cancel True Crime: Hong Kong detected.

Well fuck, I loved the shit out of SleepingDogs. Maybe the main devs will reform into a mini studio and make a "sequel", right? r-right?

Not likely. And they really understood what open world was all about too. Every bit of content serves some purpose.

Want to eat some food? You get timed boosts to your stats. Have to bother with the girlfriends? You get collectibles revealed for you on the map. Collect those collectibles? You get melee moves unlocked, or more health.

Also, the melee combat was fun, the driving felt satisfying and the story was neat.

I liked it more than any GTA game, that's for sure. At least the females are made to be attractive, unlike with GTA, where they are all 3DPG that somehow wandered into escapism.

Hong kong in deus ex is objectively one of the best sections in a game ever. Climbing up to a building and sniping maggie chow in her apartment, paying my way into the office building and sneaking though to the lower levels. Felt damn good. Swimming in the hong kong kanals at night. Walking up on a drug deal in progress, gaining tracer tongs confidence, man oh man. So much good in that level so many ways you could do it. Still blows my mind to go back.

I never even played it like a GTA game. I bought a car ( the one that looked like a 280Z) and just drove that most of the game. I never beat people up that the game didn't want me to since it felt out of character to fuck with random people.
I never got used to driving on the left side of the road. It fucked with me the whole game. You can't undo 10 years of IRL driving on the right side.

Sometimes it's better this way. At least the game can't end up like Mafia did.

I wish more games did this and make non-plot things feel like more than busy work or padding.

Did SD it even sold well at all?
I can understand the game's appeal to old men like myself who watched Bruce Lee movies and had seen the golden age of kung fu movies but I presume you kids don't even get what all the references and game's atmosphere it's all about.

I quickly get used to it.

It's a fucking crime how Hong Kong and outer regions of China are seldom used in games. There's so much potential just to explore how bizarrely developed those places are.

You mean a hot item that everyone loves? Ffs mafia is the latest hit.

Sleeping Dogs was great fun, despite feeling incomplete. At least I got to take Emma Stone on dates before the dev went bust.

RIP

You should travel back in time and strangle your mother so she can never give birth to you.

Nigger have you been living under a rock

It sold 1.5M. I'm not much of a kung fu movie buff, but my friend who's really into them enjoyed the game more than I did for it.

How's that blog going? The cosplay one.

Fuck off chink. Whites and Japs are why your city is fun to fuck around in. Come back when chinks make a Hong Kong simulator on par with Shenmue II, Sleeping Dogs, or Deus Ex. oh wait you can't.

you do know that any time a game hits the steam top 10 that just means it's selling a few thousand units. That's pretty much nothing, especially for early access games which sell for like $5-15.

slurping dicks

It was an OK game that should have done more.

Why does Holla Forums have a hard on for Sleeping Dogs? It looked nice and had a good atmosphere but the game itself was shallow as fuck with nothing to do. The shooting and driving mechanics were especially horrible. The hand to hand stuff was ok, but not enough to save an entire game. It's everything wrong with modern gaming and you lap it up as if you aren't casuals.

Because it has Hong Kong and martial arts.

To add to that, refunds were basically a given since the game was in a very poor state with terrible optimization when it came out.
People were probably ready for that when they bought it, but the game either being unplayable or having you wait an hour with loading was a bit too much.

I thought it was weird that they got a free weekend out so early without fixing the issues beforehand, but I guess that was the company aggresively struggling while being put to sleep.

I'm the same whenever I play a GTA game.

I thought it did well? What happened? Did the Triads threaten to murder their family or something?

Nigger you didn't play the game

git gud

Shut the fuck up nigger. Sloppy Dongs wasn't perfect but it had potential. If there was a sequel it could've fixed the first game's faults, but that'll never happen.

It only sold a million copies, which wasn't enough to recoup its development.

It had sold 1.5 million copies by the end of September 2012 and Square said they expected it to sell a further 1.75 million in 2013. Bear in mind this doesn't include the sales figures from the definitive edition that was released in 2014.

I think it was mostly expectations being too high and not very impressive first month sales figures that got the IP put on the back shelf.

What the hell? I mean, there was talk of sleeping dogs 2 for a time and everything. What a fucking shame

Modnation Racers 2 never ever.

It probably doesn't help that they live in Vancouver and the rent there is fucking expensive. Even then though Square Enix owns the IP, so I wonder who's going to get it now.

And they say this place is a hotspot for the game and tech industry. I guess you can thank all the chinks for jacking up all the real estate prices here.

Do people really say that? It might have been a few years ago but now it's completely ruined beyond repair because of the skyhigh cost of living on top of a weak dollar, only companies with deep pockets like EA and MS have a chance of surviving.

A couple years ago my compsci class was invited to a tech industry expo in the city. They had a whole presentation saying how it's a great environment for tech startups. Either they were lying through their teeth, or the prices really did skyrocket recently.

people hate GTA because the gameplay has had no improvement aside for ragdolls since vice city

It's gonna get bought by Zenimax and get the Prey 2 treatment

you brits srue are fucked up in the head i had no issues with that on your shitty left lane driving country but i guess being naturally ambidextrous plays a role

I liked it too.
You'd think in the wake of GTAV there would be more sandbox games primed to capitalize and innovate.

You never played the game have you?

Life is real non-abstract kinda fucking gay at times.

Even if for some unexplainable reason you're such a gta fanboy the idea of playing another game in the genre is unfathomable to you, having options cannot hurt you personally. Quite the opposite, competition would encourage Rockstar to put some effort to remain on top. This is economics 101, so stop posting on a 18+ chinese ricecookie imageboard and pay attention in class already.

I just got myself the Definitive Edition for PS4, because it is console-only in my country.

It just needs to all be burnt to the ground.

I want off this ride.

What the fuck are you talking about? We drive on the right side in the states. I never said anything to even make you assume I'm a Brit. And how does being ambidextrous help you drive in a video game? It's not like you use a stick in these games. It's not a racing sim.

Fuck everything

I was hoping it would come out so I could laugh at it