Fighting Game General: How do you play Edition

KOFXIV World Championship announced: youtube.com/watch?v=K3TDkeiBIoc
Balance and bugfix patch finished and submitted. Patch notes will be out soon.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system.

Arcade version coming with a modified PC station in the arcades.
CPT DLC will be removed from the store in November. Haloween DLC will be removed by the end of October

Scizor announced as the new character for the arcade version.

Susano'o is the secret character. Jubei data was found in the disc (announcers for him).
The game will launch in North America November 1st and November 4th in Europe.
If you preorder, you'll get a demo with arcade, training, VS and Network mode.

Miguel Cabalero was announced for Tekken7: youtube.com/watch?v=kKxDRu6NllA

Core Fighters(f2p) announced for the PC version was released. Mila will be at -100% off until October 30: steamcommunity.com/games/311730/announcements/detail/894352973046644007
Halloween DLC is out: youtube.com/watch?v=3CnUPaTSEVA

Steam version announced coming this winter.
PC version adds new victory animations, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved.

Mangagamer announced they'll localize Umineko's most recent fighting game, Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS as Golden Fantasia CROSS. The game will be released on Steam.

Definitive Edition is out! Patch notes: ultra-combo.com/3-4-patch-notes/

Netcode patch and Kombat Pack 2 were released on Steam. The game now is on par with the consoles.
store.steampowered.com/app/524620/

VF5FS added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list.
The game will be playable as one of the extra games of Yakuza6 on the PS4.

SNK Producer Yasuyuki Oda is aware of what the western fans wants as what SNK's next title should be: twitter.com/snk_oda/status/774496892457668609
Garou sequel would feature characters like Gato's father, a female disciple of Joe Higashi and a boxer who would be Rock's new caretaker and Kain's ally. mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html

Combat Core was released. No more on Early Access: store.steampowered.com/app/405670/

Last Fight also released: store.steampowered.com/app/443450/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

>Previous thread: archive.is/2Wbp5

archive.is/tsJkh

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0MpP4
game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03.pdf
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03_en.pdf
archive.is/THny5
shoryuken.com/2016/10/15/new-glitch-allows-urien-to-throw-an-opponent-from-full-screen-in-street-fighter-v/
order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=king of fighters
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2311&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=chogokin racaseal$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-TOK-2505&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=akiba blue$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
docs.google.com/document/d/1h0OBcFGQVP3eBB2zsYla6lYHzXlvVe4T9YEda-BY6hM/edit
gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/20/ed-boon-horror-fighting-game-mortal-kombat-injustice-2.aspx
8ch.net/v/res/11041285.html#11043929
web.archive.org/web/20150519020648/http://pineconeattack.com/2008/12/07/how-to-mod-the-hori-fighting-stick-ex2-with-authentic-arcade-parts-xbox-360-version/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post your mains

No Smash news?

posting.

KoF XIV PC port when
VF5:FS PC port when

NEVER EVER

I've been tricked for the last time

Plz SNK, I don't want to renew my PS+ sub next year just for KoF XIV.

GGxrd Revelator PC port when.

Stick. Venom/Mayflash with sanwa stick and buttons. Having some problems as it drops out on ps4/3 more and more often these days. Want a new stick for the new blazblue; any recommendations? Possibly picking up a TE1 for 360 and putting a Brook universal board inside, also considering a Hori rap4.

Did PS360+ fix the 8 min timeout?

As far as I am aware, no. They still aren't for sale on focusattack.com for that reason.

Hori sticks tend to be slightly lighter and wider than MadCatz sticks, though I believe the TE1 is smaller than the main HRAP. I have small hands, so I don't mind that the HRAP has less depth than the TE2.

The Hayabusa is an ok joystick, but it's even more loose than a JLF with its stock spring. I replaced it with a 1.5lb spring and played with that for about 8 months, but recently put my old Seimitsu LS-40 into my HRAP. I just like it a lot more (never liked the JLF).

Hayabusa buttons are far nicer than the Kuros on the first run of HRAP 4s. Less travel, lower profile. Slightly different from Sanwa buttons, but not too far off. Matte texture matches up with the Seimitsu dustwasher nicely.

Four days ago, friendo :^)
archive.is/0MpP4

I'm thinking of getting a Hori Mini arcade stick for PS3, PS4, and PC. is it worth a buy?

If you don't play too seriously, maybe. I wouldn't buy it if you plan on using the stick all the time, or if you're not a dwarf. When they say "mini," they aren't fucking around. The buttons are actually roughly around the size of the button caps of 24mm arcade buttons.

for a rough size comparison: 24mm button caps are around the same diameter as a US penny. 30mm (standard for machines/sticks) caps are about the size of a quarter.

Keyboard and I don't like playing like that in the slightest, I've thinking in buying a controller but I don't have any idea of what i'm looking right now. Any recommendations?

quality wise they're okay, but I personally hate ministicks

if you have tiny hands or are used to them, then totally, otherwise it's a pain in the ass

Hori Fighting Commander 4.
but I do try out other pads time and time again.
I do want to get the latest Fighting Commander, specifically the Blazblue variant since it actually has a design and not solid black, but right now it's $75 on amazon and $65 on Play-Asia whilst the default-black is only $40.
so I'm still thinking it over if I should or not.

few changes but not many
May is now my only main for the Guilty Gear series.
swapped Hsien-Ko for Ghost Rider in Mahvel 3
and Olimar is now a secondary for Smash 4.

it's been awhile since I looked into something like this but isn't there almost no money to be made on smash alone so you have to stream constantly and have a patreon?
in the very least enter EVERY tournament a year?

it will help you decide if you wanna stick with a stick or not.
but I wouldn't think it be great for a long term experience.
but I think it's fine, defiantly better to give a $40 test run before you out for a real stick first in my views.

Is it called Street Fighter Five because you only need to play it for five minutes to see how bad it is?

No, it's because that's the amount of time the developers spent on the game.

Does anyone here own a hitbox or something similar? I'm contemplating building my own, but I want to know if its actually comfortable with your hands being so close together like that

Thanks, that's a bummer

You're both wrong, it's called Street Fighter Five because it the fifth game in the series

Are those "pro" pads actually worth the money? I play on stick and pad but I used a PS1 controller for the longest time before moving onto the PS4 one for compadability sake. Adaptors are expensive now and I'm wondering if these other pads are just a rip-off or not.

I use this old Hori on PC, DC, PS2 and PS3.

depends on the pad and personal comfort. Hori make generally good stuff, I still use their fighting commander 3 pro

Keyboards are pretty damn good for fighting games actually, I always use them unless a tournament doesn't allow them. They're basically a Hitbox with smaller buttons. It does take practice to get good with, but the same thing applies to arcade sticks.

why do they do this

Thanks for the advice, I suppose that I will have to git gud

Anyone got hitboxes pics?

Getting used to using three fingers (or 4 if you map it like a hitbox) for movement is the hardest part. Any fighting game with a training mode that shows your inputs is a godsend for figuring out how to play with a keyboard properly.

I was fucking up half circle inputs miserably when I first started, then I saw that it wasn't registering the down input. This is because (for half circle forward inputs) I didn't move my index finger once my middle finger was on the down key, thus it registered only as a down back input and skipped down completely. Now I basically do a reverse quarter circle back to confirm the down input registers, then holding right and then letting go of my other fingers for the right input.

Works every time, it's gotten to the point where I can do walking forward SPDs with Zangief. It just takes a lot of practice. It's fun playing against people IRL and seeing them shit themselves because they don't expect that sort of thing from someone playing on a keyboard, but like I said it's basically a Hitbox with smaller buttons, and those have actually been banned at a few tournaments for being too good.

I thought that was because on the older hitboxes both left and right could register at the same time. The new ones don't do that anymore

Thanks. I added extra tension to my JLF, too, so perhaps I'll get the rap4 and replace the stick but keep the buttons. I don't know how people can play with loose sticks.

It depends on what PCB you are using.

Thanks again, I will keep in mind what you said. Althrough I think I will still get a control just to see if a play more cozy and maybe for other games besides figthing ones.

I hate this Holla Forums. I just want to git gud in GG, I can't do that when I constantly get bodied online.

I would fucking *love* it if Hori made a HRAP N4. Mostly 'cause I fucking hate the Vewlix button layout.

Sometimes you have to create the scene yourself. There might be plenty of people out there looking for something already existing and not finding anything, too.

Also, getting bodied constantly is the only way to get good. Shame if you can't do it offline, though.

I have a new Hori Fighting Commander, I like it a lot. Works great for PS3/4/PC games of all kinds. Plug-n-play, and really nice feel. Reminds me of Saturn controllers, and is only a slightly worse dpad than a real Saturn pad.

Can someone explain to me the relation between Guilty Gear and Blazblue do someone who hasn't played a game in either series? Are any of the games worth buying?

They're made by the same company, I dont think they're connected lore wise though.

Guilty Gear is the better game but there is some weird releases like guilty gear isuka.

Get Guilty Gear XX reload and Xrd / Xrd Revelator if you have a PS4.

Pic 1 related. A more perfect controller hasn't been made.

Eclipse 2 is happening this weekend in Europe. It's your standard Europen major, but, notably, Captain Jack will be attending (yes, that Captain Jack). The weekend after that is Canada Cup, which will have the usual spate of top players, and a bunch of Canada's up-and-comers looking to prove themselves - Nightmare, Fork, Trulliam, CoffeeBlack, etc. Having paid attention to Montreal's scene and the overall power level of Ontario players, I expect some sweet upsets.
i also look forward to going 0-2 in pools and driving home on friday

In November, look forward to Smash the Record 2016. STR2016's TO also explained why they're using the wonderfully insane stage ruleset and counterpicking rules: see pic 2 for the details. In short, the guy running it was happy with the turnout at STR2015, but he didn't want it to become just another supermajor, since so much of the tournament's identity is reaching out to the fans read: baddies and coming together with the speedrunning community. Thus, you get double random picks with fucking Brinstar and Mute City. I'm actually really hyped for this since it'll be three straight days of upsets and stage hazards.

Smash Summit 3 voting has also begun, so we'll have our invitees by the end of the week. I was worrying about n0ne's prospects, but Canada seems to have rallied behind him and he looks to have a decent shot if things keep on the way they are.

In most cases, yes. The notable exception is Mew2King, who will attend any tournament with a prize pot even though MVG pays his rent and airfare, or maybe because of that. Hungrybox has worked full-time as an engineer for years, though, so I would expect he has some cash in the bank even if streaming and tournaments aren't as profitable as they need to be.

They're not related by plot but you ought to actually look into the plot of both if that sort of shit interests you, despite being fighting games they have pretty in-depth stories

No wavebird? Faggot.

From memory I think blazblue was made after someone left arcsys, and was competition for guilty gear. Later blazblue came back into the arcsys fold. Could be completely wrong, but that would explain why ragna is literally Sol badguy, ky is like jin, tager is Potemkin etc.

After learning fighting games on ggxrd I picked up BBCP and was looking to main as Rachel, but I think I'm too much of a shit player and ggxrd has been teaching me easy mode inputs or something, because Rachel is way too hard for me and I've reverted back to hakumen.

Reminder

I thought it was something like Sega held the GG IP and Arcsys thought well shit and made BB as a spiritual sucessor to GG. They made it much more anime and a bit simpler in some ways to get a bigger audience which worked. Then they got back the GG IP and made Xrd so now we have both series

BlazBlue was made since there was some weird licensing issue surrounding GG at the time so they just made a new series to keep making games while they sorted that out. They sorted it out but BB caught on quite a bit; it's more popular than GG in Japan I believe, so now BB is it's own thing and they get to play around with GG more.

Rachel is really fun in CF, almost a return to form since she's been kinda shit in CP and terrible in CS which sucks since CS had the best art.

I've actually had the least time getting used to arcade sticks, I used to only play on a pad, but each method has some advantages or disadvantages. Getting used to a keyboard took me the most time and I use it for games with a lot of complex inputs because I could do them faster and more precisely than with a pad or arcade stick.

One of them is Demon's Souls and the other is Dark Souls. They're "DEFINITELY NOT" the same game at allllll. One of them is a little bit slower and less cuhrazy.

whos tryna get some games in

Rera?

No.

this is not ok.

is that you?

Where can I find music similiar to Tusk's theme?

When's Capcom Cup? Nov? Who's in?

How well did KOF 14 sell?
I want numbers.

Antonov aims to sell 20 billion copies. Hah

Well there you go.

I was hoping to learn Rachel on CP and then transition perfectly when I got CF later down the track, but I can't see me getting good with her.

The Killer Instinct OST :^)
I actually don't know any artists that make that genre of music. Reminds me a little bit of SMT music.

How the hell do you fuck this up so badly? Fighting game are fucking state machines, there's no reason for anything like this to occur. The only thing I can imagine is that Aegis and reflected projectiles in general are a giant hack that the engine isn't designed to do at all.

One could assume that's why Urien was the final DLC character.

That's fair enough, she's both highly execution heavy and needs good general screen awareness since she has good confirms from electrocuting people with rods. That and stopping people from getting in with lobelias and lotus'

I'm putting in work for the combos at the moment since I just love grinding cool combos, I'll work on neutral as I go on, I'll just play locals and accept I'm going to get bodied for a while.

The only fighting game i enjoy is capcom vs snk 2

GG is a bit slower but definitely not less cuhrayzee due to having actually cool characters and a ballin' soundtrack unlike BB's mostly gay shit.

Yeah, I find this more rewarding than other single player aspects. Struggling to pull off any of Rachel's though, as I still tend to mash a bit

So what do people think about 'stylish mode', i.e: single button combos for beginners? I got beat by someone who is definitely not a beginner, and I'm salty because I know I had to work on my inputs.

Capcom is truly desperate. Can't wait for Xboner version.

That and GG was just too hardcore. Arcsys wanted wider audience which is why BB is still a thing.

I bet my ass it sold like shit considering arcade version release, no one risk like that by putting his niche game to one platform, even Bamco wasn't retarded enough to put Tekken 7 on PS4 only and took care of arcades first and Tekken is bigger than KOF.

Surprised they didn't announce PC version first, I mean PC saved their ass and it's the most popular platform among their audience, why not to bring the game there first, but I guess it will be coming next.

The fuck is wrong with you nigger, GG is faster than BB. That user called BB a bit slower and less cuhrayzee, not GG. It's like saying that Shit Fighter 5 is the most complex fighting game ever.

Casuals need something to look at but between serious players there does need to be some sort of moderation available, such as not allowing it in lobbies or while searching for a match.

Nah I'd still say GG is a bit slower paced. Pressure strings and combos are generally not as long so you're back to neutral quicker than in BB. No airdasher is "slow" by default.

Guilty Gear has 20% health penalty for players who use easy modo so it's pretty fair.

I can see why that would slip through QA, I guess. It's a shame it's too specific to see in a real match.

If you get hit by your own reflected projectile you deserve it

RIP Mamahaha. I barely knew you.

The patch will drop by 6PM PST

What about the actual hitbox they made a few months ago?

They gonna post patch notes?

Their facebook page said there'll be one.

Maybe they'll release right after the patch drops for everyone.

The Smashbox? From what I saw it got canned because it made shield dropping and multishining significantly easier, while not allowing players full control of their wavedash lengths. If it does still exist, they haven't said anything about it.

Where da patch at

Okay the KoF XIV patch is live, anyone have the english PDF? I can only find the jap one.
game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03.pdf

he picked a good song out of the OST

I just want a cool little start button hatch

nah forreal though I love the Noir layout. I'm used to Vewlix because fuckin' EVERYONE uses it, but hey.

they're supposedly making a new Fighting Edge, and that uses a curved layout that's sort of like the Noir.

Since you main Rogue in X-Men vs. Street Fighter, do you have any advice on using her? I'm interested in maining her in X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

the fuck
do you look at your own words when you type

jesus christ

combos are not as long, yes - and hits do more damage. characters move and fall faster. meter gain is also MUCH faster.

guilty gear is an objectively faster game than blazblue.

the Marvel/Capcom Games that are MvC1 or before I honestly haven't played in years, I listed mains as who I remembered playing back in the Arcade/console.
but I didn't wanna reply empty handed so after a tiny bit of lab work here's what I picked up.
~air HK seems good as a long poke
~Her super is great for punishing when opponents make a move, it feels like it has god like priority, from what I tried it only fails against projectile Supers
~for power drain go for an opponent that will give you a projectile so you can have some zoning game
not much but like I said I haven't really played this in years, and I wouldn't say I was pro.
with a bit more lab I could probably give better advice but from quickly watching a few top level matches the best advice I can give is spend most of your time practicing infinites in that game since they look like they take up most of the meta.
replaying this game really makes me miss 80's X-men and 90's Capcom.

here: snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03_en.pdf

YES
Man, a lot of these changes are making me mix up my team. I love it.

As much as quarter munchers are annoying, I miss good, fun arcade games like the ones Capcom used to make.

Tell me any reason why darkstalkers is any better than 1 vs 1 skullgirls. I am not a big fan of SKG but i find these to be very similar in mechanics, albeit DS is more like the pioneer, in fact we used to know the DS chain as "hunter combos" for some reason i can't remember

Looks like Luong's only change was improving Geki. Can't complain.

Will complain that Antonov wasn't buffed to Hell and back though.
Guard point on HCB+B, HCB+D catching crouching opponents and making forward+A bounce back projectiles. Make it happen!
We wouldn't have KoF without him. He doesn't deserve being low tier.

DS doesn't have memes and characters with moves blatantly taken from other, better games.
OK, it's a petty reason but a reason nonetheless.
On a more important note, even with all the patches, combos in SG still take ages to play out and that on top of a game that is already reset-heavy makes it rather dull, either because you're watching your character get bopped for a whole minute or because you're grinding your BNB for the ninth time.

They're both games with magic series and pushblocking. Even those things are implemented completely differently. The only way they have any relation or similarity is that DS was the origin of some MvC mechanics that were then aped in SG. And "hunter combo" or "hunter chain" comes from Vampire Hunter, aka Night Warriors aka Darkstalkers 2.

You're bad, and I can tell. If it's reset heavy (and it is; Resets are gud), you should be watching your opponents' combos and looking for the reset. If you just tune out, then you'll never get out unless they fuck up or respect you too much with a same-side. Long combos are for newbs because they give the opponent too much meter to work with. Or you got heavy counter hit, in which case, sucks to suck. Some characters can even finish combos at frame disadvantage (Double car after using otg, so sad, fuck you KikeZ).
please. you should be going for resets, dummy.

They're not the same game. Not even solos in SG. DS is more grounded, and uses more normals ("footsies"), and has a higher technical ceiling because push guard is harder, and combos are more about links (can't cancel from renda cancel'd move). They're both good games and trying to pit them against each other is stupid. Play both.

Honestly, I don't even know why I fucking bother with you, sometimes, Holla Forums.

Well, it's something in development…

i wasn't putting the game one vs other but more like saying one can fill the void left by the other

So I've see some people saying that Darkstalkers would never work in 3D because characters tend to deform and that doesn't looks too good in 3D as it does with sprite work, what do you thing about that? Also, 2D or 3D?

See making of videos of GG Xrd

good

I've been grinding SFV guile and I have to know. Do EX moves have a shorter charge time? I seem to land his combos more often when I use the EX version over his regular one

Why did Mike Ross leave twitch, and what implications does this have?

Is he not working there anymore?

An intern money matched him for full employment. Mike lost 3-2.

Do you think people ever consider what happens if they lose a money match with the risks being that big? pic unrelated.

If this was around the time where Sm4sh was popular and these threads were rare, I would agree. That's definitely not the case now. Before the amount of people who knew fighters and didn't were pretty great. Now most in this thread know a great deal about fighters.

Fuck off, is that really the reason? I would kill someone to see the archive of that match.

There was a Smash player by the tag DSF who once flew to New York for a tournament and bet his plane fare back in a money match. He lost. He ended up spending a week living in New York. I thought the story was actually worse than that before I looked it up, but it's still pretty crazy.

I honestly can't parse this sentence.

I need a source on this shit, because that's hilarious.

archive.is/THny5

shoryuken.com/2016/10/15/new-glitch-allows-urien-to-throw-an-opponent-from-full-screen-in-street-fighter-v/

Even if it's hard to set up, lol, game's working as intended, guys!

25 years after vanilla SF2, and once again we have a glitch where you can be thrown from anywhere on screen.

Maybe capcom will fix it after they censor the game more and try to add another rootkit

That's after you buy the special Thanksgiving data-locked content where you get another version of the arena stages, and censored Native American costumes (Juri with indian girl clothing over spandex, Mika and Laura dressed up as Eskimos cuz censorship despite Eskimos weren't in the first Thanksgiving).

Meanwhile in the city of SNK; Mai's boobies still run rampant

I remember seeing a Kyo figure like this one a few threads ago. Besides that one and this figure, and there any other KoF figures? Because I would love a Kasumi one, but that's never happening.

order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=king of fighters

There is a bunch but Kyo and Mai nendos are the newest ones, the rest of them are really old and hard to find now. The Terry D-arts one came out a few years back, it's probably the easiest one to find.

SFV all DLC torrent when?

Think of the porn or movies/music you could download with the space needed for that piece of shit game.

About 6gb for porn movies or music is not that much matey.

Still better than Shit Fighter V

Is it just me or Nendoroids are a bit expensive for their size? I never owned one though so maybe they're a bit bigger than what I imagine.

They're about 4 inches, but they're really good quality and well painted. When you consider how much play arts kai figures cost for such poor quality, Nendos are a fucking bargain.

No they're not very big at all. The main perk is that they're posable and you can swap out arms/legs/props to change things up once in awhile. They're good quality and I think they're cute. Nendos are a good starting point for buying figures.

i always consider nendos a show of budget limitations, like how you couldn't afford a good figurine and went for the cheap thing instead, that is also the reason i only have a couple of figs, must be some kind of OCD.

I own those, were they good buys?

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2311&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=chogokin racaseal$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-TOK-2505&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=akiba blue$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Don't have any experience with Chogokin, but S.H. Figuarts is generally pretty good for their price points.

I fucked up. How do I get that silky smooth movement and get hadoken motions to fucking work? Do I just do drills in practice until I can jump good and swing sword? Also what is the single simplest, but still effective combo for Hazama and Ky? I need something to do when I make a good guess and get a chance to do damage.

Hazama is a bad beginner character for BB, Pick Ragna, Jin, or Noel (Or celica or Es) for easy bnbs. For getting execution down just knuckle down and do those reps. I remember when I got my arcade stick I sucked at instant air dashes so I just sat in training more for half an hour for a couple days just doing IAD's back and forth. It's really satisfying seeing yourself get better in real time.

Guile's theme to go with the Aegis Reflector glitch…

Dark Stalkers for halloween?

Hope you didn't overspend on a stick
A Joypad Is Fine Too >>>/fighters/7038

Something I've never gotten my head around:

Why do people prefer the button layout in the first pic related to the second? The second conforms to the way your fingers bend really nice, whereas the first tries to do that and just gives up and goes straight at the third column. Makes no sense to me.

It's nice having a rigid line for the 6 buttons

Fresh OC I did not expect to happen

This is why you always go for the roadroller.

Nakoruru got nerfed bad?

Ouch, should've hit him with atleast one of those sets mang.

Maybe, but the only out of line buttons are the light column buttons, and since those are one of the main six, it makes no sense to put them out of sync with the others. It's also uncomfortable, awkward, and makes no sense to me.

This only works if Urien doesn't do any attack at all before doing it, as well as the opponent only attacking once before throwing the fireball. It's such an inane training mode only thing that of course it slipped past QA, though it should still be fixed.

You're having way too much hope user

You made the right choice.

She went to being bullshit to just a good character. She needed it; she had no flaws.

Well damn. Hazama is the one guy on the roster who stood out. I wanted to rock out with crotch snakes and tip fedoras. Anyway, I guess it really is down to practice mode for a few days. Mind if I ask a really dumb question? I'm trying to do a fucking hadoken which is easy enough on a pad. On a stick, though, I more often get an air hadoken right above the ground or a low jab. How do I fix that shit? I've been watching my hands go through the quarter circle and listening for the three clicks but it's been hard to translate that into a special move in a match.

I dunno, I just blew $200+ in anger.

I was Khan

Turn on the input on training mode and see what you're doing wrong. SFIV and SFV have a bad input leniency.
I started with Taokaka jumping around like a retarded but it's just a matter of practice, watch the right tutorias and read dustloop's wikis.

While we're on BB, does anyone have advice on transitioning from zoning? I don't really want to play Nu in CF, but I don't have experience seriously playing any other character. How do I get comfortable not constantly trying to get as far away from the opponent as possible?

Now you have to stick with it (no pun intended) and get gud so as not feel like you wasted money. I did the same thing when I started, and now I am glad I bough the stick since I just find it more fun.

It took me about a week or so to get used to it. Plus I have a bad wrist, and the stick doesn't aggravate it as much as a d pad.

I am disappoint.

Because having 6 buttons in a straight line is more comfortable for me. Also means you can use a thumb or pinky to play if you're so inclined.

Is Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R worth a buy if I've never played a GG game before, don't own a PS3 or PS4, and mostly play fighting games on an old laptop?

Being comfortable staying in opponents face is just all about applying pressure, staying aggressive and thus controlling the flow of the match so they are reacting to you as much as possible instead of the other way around. I start the round with a quick move with good priority and try to keep them scared to attack with constant moves that are safe on block. Every second they are blocking is one that they aren't using to damage you. They will also react more predictably once they panic and thus you can counterattack very easily. I don't play characters that lack an overhead move and crossup attack, you need as many options as possible to crack through defense if you're playing up close.

Also if for whatever reason you can't break through their defense, don't just give up and run around the stage waiting for a time out, chip the hell out of them with your special moves to force them to react or die and thus open themselves up to more damage.

Yep, it's fun.

If they made another DS it would have to use sprites. Fortunately there's still great 2D artists out there who can do the visuals.

nah son. stick isn't something you get used to overnight, especially if you've been playing on pad for a while.

hell, I started on stick and that shit still took me a pretty long time to get used to

Of course!

You can always try before buying you know

cmon do you nerds even build your own fightsticks?

BIPSOOOOOOOOON

The bird is now a ghost

For Ky it's gatling 2D 236D 236H do it again.

Here's the longer version:

docs.google.com/document/d/1h0OBcFGQVP3eBB2zsYla6lYHzXlvVe4T9YEda-BY6hM/edit

Terminated

Eat fireball

downloads dont exist in SFV

I've been playing a little bit of KoF14 and I'm enjoying it a lot but one thing is bugging me. There's no visual or audio que (as far as I can tell) to differentiate jumps. It seems kind of minor but it's annoying me to no end.

Buffed? He still has a longass throw tech window while they fixed Verse. At least Kensou, Clark, Daimon and others looks more fun now.

I actually miss the visual cue more between the normal jumps and hops and the hyper/super ones.

Do you think Capcom would even bother with the work considering SFV that is their most
valuable fighter?

Christ, really? Now that makes me question if I've been getting babied on the pad.

I've decided to play through Ys 1 and 2 inbetween training room sessions just to get used to this damn thing. It's been pretty fun, to be honest. And I've made marked improvements to my execution. I only get Ky's forward-P or low jab about 30% of the time now!

Honestly, I really wonder how long that will last? Like SFV already has a massive shit reputation, the only thing keeping it up is the brand name. When will it get to the point where SF's name is so damaged that the FGC won't even support it?

How wrong is it that I want to see Capcom abandon SFV and just make Hyper Street Fighter IV with all the characters V introduced and brought back, like Karin, Urien, F.A.N.G, and Alex?

about as bad as my wish that SFxT comes back so my waifu can be top tier again

TFW SF5 killed her mid high, high tier streak

mfw I think she's still mid tier at least in SFV, people just haven't experimented with her enough

bumping with a fighting game opening. Post good fighting game OPs.

I quite like the original BB intro

See

SFV was a rush-job to get it out on Valentines Day (V-day) 2016. uSF4 had at least one more update and/or year left it in…

Is juri good for beginners?

Capcom should just make Street Fighter 3: 4th Bout out of all the SFV assets.

The CT intro is really something special. Blazblue had its high and lows on that aspect.

Probably not if you blindly jump and don't read about fundamentals and other basic stuff. Otherwise, any character is good to go.

In SFIV and SFV? Yeah, try playing anything older on fightcade like SFII and KOF'98. I myself can't even do rekkas consistently because I got so used to modern games.

Are you literally saying to give up 2D perfection to use 3DPD?

Nigguh, please.

As nice as it would be to go back to sf3 sprites 2D is never coming back. I'm pretty sure BB only gets away with it at this point because of the constant releases still using the old sprites and the fact that it prints money.

fixed

Why would sf be different? Capcom ditched sprites for the futuristic 3d technology as soon as it was viable, while arcsys switched when it was an economic necessity with GGxrd, and even then they tried to use it in a way that would stay true to their original designs. SF could have stuck with old sprites just like BB, but 3d was more in tune to their perceived audience. Let's hope no more good fighting game franchises get as popular as SF.

We were JUST talking about Street Fighter 3. Step it up senpai.
??????????????????

The problem with sticking with old sprites for SF is they don't carry over all their characters, BB is just updating the roster. SF each game tries to add some unique mechanical element in each version which requires re-tooling every character. Alpha had custom combos, alpha counters, air blocking, etc. 3 had parries and universal overhead, 4 had focus, 5's hook is supposed to be V-Trigger but personally it's too variant between characters that I find it kind of lazy as a unique core mechanic.

You're saying this didn't happen with, say, GGX through AC?
And Capcom definitely weren't averse to reusing sprites in wildly differing games. Alpha, CvS and MvC all had some degree of overlap. Darkstalkers characters were using the same sprites for 10 fucking years.

The real question is why you're bringing GG into it when he was only discussing what Capcom was doing with SF.

It makes sense for overlap games since they're just porting them in for crossovers sake, also Vsav is dead which doesn't help the case for continuing sprite use. Capcom in each SF iteration want it to be distinctly different from the last game. GG up until Xrd was still very distinctly just GG, same with how BB has progressed. They drip feed changes while Capcom likes to reinvent the wheel each mainline game.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with that. Although the big gimmicky differences are only half the picture at best. SFIV isn't defined just by focus attacks, it's the walk speeds, jump arcs, damage handling, combo philosophy, and so on. Vanilla SFIV played differently to the final SFIV we ended up with, the first two SFIII games were dramatically different to 3S, and you could argue the same thing could be said about Arcsys iterations. If each SF series tries to be that different, does it matter that they're the same IP? Why shouldn't they be considered completely different series?

I assumed we're just talking why Capcom will never use sprites again for SF, because they drastically change each iteration and it'd be too costly.

Well yeah. I'm just overextending the argument for the sake of it.

No, we were talking about a new street fighter going back to sf3 sprites. We were comparing it's viability with a new blazblue still using sprites. I'm arguing that had sf4 used sf3 sprites, it would have gone against capcom's sales strategy, but it still would have been possible. Focus, vsync, walk speeds, hitboxes, whatever; all possible (blazblue games all differ and add new mechanics, yet still use same sprites), just not wanted.

Read the thread and
Step
it
up

Where's your argument?

Well, after Ono statements about 3rdStrike during SFV development, I don't think they'll ever touch SFIII again after OnlineEdition (and even that version is not "arcade perfect" or has every extra of past console releases).

The problem with 2D sprites from SNK staff's interviews during KOFXIV development is that there's fewer talented 2D artists and a lot more people working with 3D, so it's cheaper on a man-hour point of view. Just look at the indie development scene and tell me how many look good.
People can shit all over Skullgirls and the art direction but the game is really consistent with its animations and has many frames per character.

Anyway, I heard somebody in these threads likes Luong so have a new vid from the latest patch.

Thanks. m(__)m

I've been neglecting KoF lately but I'll try and give it a spin today, if not just to see how the patch affected character pick dynamics (fairly certain it didn't).
I'm surprised Luong's only change was on Geki; her Max ranbu barely scales while her Climax scales a lot, I was expecting them to even that out.
I feel like an idiot for picking a character that requires mastery of both hops and max cancels (they all do since those are fundamentals but for Luong it seems extremely important).

Probably its one indisputably good thing; shame that besides Ahad, no one in the team could sprout a original thought to save their lives and the fact they insisted on living in Cali seriously messed with budgeting.
For me, SG will remain one of those "what could have been cases".

Why are MK and Smash so much more popular then other games?

Easy to get into and isn't centered around touch of death mentality that 99% of modern fightans vehemently stick to.
Not even a fighting game

for MK, only game I can think of with it's most recent version with touch of death in KoF 14 with the implication of they saved all their resources to pop off with their last character so they saved damage before to use it now.
And what makes it easier to get into compared to other games?

Why is Smash a 2D Beat em up more popular then fighters then?

Why do people keep insisting Smash is a fighting game? It's more of a party brawler.

MK still being popular I largely accredit to the series and name still carrying a lot of normalfag pop culture cred, and because normalfags are easily amused by pointless fluff like fatalities and story modes.

Because a fair bit of fighting game principles apply to it, its general format and the goal of a game is similar, and because the other designation that people generally fall on, 'party game,' is nebulous and doesn't really mean anything beyond 'its got local multiplayer and you can play it with people that are over at your house.'

I'd argue that 'Brawler' is more or less synonymous with fighter, as well. (I'd maybe say it is something more along the lines of Power Stone 2, but I still consider that well within the reach of the term 'fighting game.')

Smash sure as hell isn't a traditional fighter, but I don't exactly get why people are so vehemently against even considering Smash a fighting game, when 'platformer-fighting game hybrid' is the most accurate designation for the game that I can think of.

It's for the better, lamentably. But I won't lose the hope that someone one day unfucks Capcom

Why do you do this? Are you a masochist or something?

Darkstalkers is dead, user. It's doomed to become an obscure and niche franchise. If modern Capcom tried to make a new game, they'd fuck it up in more ways than one. Also my favorite character probably wouldn't come back anyway.

Needs feisty notChunLi to bust up vampires

Ok pals, I have a small landfall and I'm thinking of getting me and my buddy fightsticks. We've been playing with dpads on our ps2/3 controllers and shit's alright but we want that next step.
Any recommendations for the best ones or the ones with customizable faceplates?

bampu for advice from fellow fightan anons

The only hope a Darkstalkers fan has is if Netherrealm Studios makes that Hollywood monster fighting game they're interested in.

Also source
gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/20/ed-boon-horror-fighting-game-mortal-kombat-injustice-2.aspx

use archive.is where possible

Also SonicHurricane

elitist amateurs are cancer

Thought this might be worth sharing before the thread dies, but Patrick Ryan, the voice of Nightmare in Soul Calibur III, Patrick Ryan, got drunk and acted like a faggot in a thread regarding the voice acting strike that's been happening recently. His ID is 4fe1d2.
8ch.net/v/res/11041285.html#11043929

Fatalities, or at least the ones in MK, absolutely are pointless fluff.
They are basically just gory extended winposes, and their novelty runs thin very quickly.

Yup, this was quite the hilarious thread

Fatalities are just as pointless as taunt animations. It's put into the game for fun, who gives a shit.

SFVRainbow

Are you in the USA? Madcatz tournament edition or hori RAP with hayabusa buttons/stick. If you want to replace the insides then get anything cheaper.

Dude, understand, this board is full of people that really just love to hate western games in general.
Hell, just look at this thread and you will see many people playing SF V, a complete broken mess they new was unsalvageable, and yet, they bought it and play it and keep eating the shit Capcom throw at them.
No matter how good MK is, people will always call it trash for not being a japanese fighter.

The way things are, "Darkstalkers are better off dead" is probably a better way to phrase it. Capcom would censor it to hell and back and half the shit that makes the game fun would be missing - characters getting burned, shocked, cut in half vertically, cut in half horizontally, cursed, forced to commit seppuku, turned into chicks, Jedah's self mutilating attacks, the shitload of NPCs that come with each character etc etc.

My negro. He was so much fun in Nightwarriors.

Gollum with a lisp is all I remember for the 10 minutes I stomached the English VA in SCIII.

Fuck man Japan is calling Darkrai a low tier
And Scizors burst doesnt do that much Chip damage on shield for a power character

I miss taunts that actually did things like in Third Strike. I don't mind fatalities but those X-Ray attack animations go on for way too goddamn long, also the game being shit doesn't help.

I'm still using my old team from time to time but this new patch really made like a fuck load of characters I use to hate. Like I didn't think I'd ever use Sylvie, but now she's my favorite character to put on point.

So are they gonna ever add those characters for the console release? or are they waiting to release Empoleon in arcades first before doing anything. I hope they're added via a free update instead of paid DLC

I'm more curious on when Empoleon playstyle is gunna be like

If hes a speedy ice character like weavile I might pick him up. Then agian all the new characters from the arcade interest me

no seriously if you faggots have any advice at all on what model of fightstick to buy for a couple of bros who've been playing nothing but ggxxac+r the last several months, please tell us

I've only bought HORI fightsticks but I've generally had very good experiences with them.

I'm not sure what to think of this, but thanks for the recommendation.

The Fighting Stick mini for PS4/PS3 works on PC with no problems from what I've heard if you want a budget stick.

Just know that they aren't fucking around when they say mini. Mini to them means a fightstick designed for manlytears. gif unrelated.

are they really that small? I've never seen one in person. The smallest sticks I have are the Neogeo X usb sticks, and I felt those were pretty small.

Well I got big fucking hands. Better check with my bro what he wants, but from the age of 6 I held the 64 controller in a full grip. I shouldn't complain about the price, I'm just wondering what's the cheapest I can go without fucking myself out of functionality? How easy is a custom case to make for someone with little/no experience with woodwork and soddering?

Easy if you can be bothered to put some effort in and measure properly. Not all PCBs require soldering.

You can always grab a fighting commander if you want to play pad they're $40 and really nice. PS3/4 and PC support.

Hey I really appreciate the suggestions.
The minis look great but I'm not sure my friend or I will be able to hold it down well.
Now this is something I'm curious about as well. I think I prefer d-pads in general but this knockoff ps2 controller I've been using is hell on my thumb joints(though mostly good otherwise, if difficult to use for certain complex inputs). Does it take a lot of pressure to use? The video I watched on it said his pad's dpad's sensitivity lessened within a few weeks of use.
Is there any objective superiority to using a real joystick? I've never been a huge fan of them, though I'm sure I could get used to them.

It's pretty much all preference, I like to use stick for SNK games and air dashers but I can use pad perfectly fine too. I use a pad over a stick for all Capcom fighters since 6 buttons is just uncomfortable for me on stick.

Also for the record I learnt air dashers on a 360 controller using the thumbstick and still use thumbsticks when I play pad so literally anything is possible as long as you practice.

I has a 2nd-hand HORI EX2.. going to switch to Sanwa or Seimetsu buttons soon.

The Fighting Commander I have doesn't hurt to use at all. It's also way easier to be more accurate with inputs because it's bigger than the DS's dpads. I like it a lot, and I still hold it like a normal controller.

I'm interested in the commander quite a bit, but is it easy enough to lay your fingers on the buttons like you'd do a stick? I'm looking for that 8 button cascading layout like draws attention to. I like dpads but I'm still curious about a stick and I'm not sure dpads work well with the layout I want.
Money isnt really an obstacle, but I'd rather get a bargain for the sake of not giving sheckles to ripoff shit, which is kind of why I'm asking around here.

I have the newer model of the Commander, which looks like a Saturn pad. For me, it's pretty easy to hold either way, I just play KoFXIV with it mostly so I use thumbs for the face buttons. If I played SG, I can switch and use three fingers for each column. Unfortunately, if you want 8 buttons, you should probably look at a stick. 6 buttons though, it's fine. Also not having a rotating dpad is nice.

I haven't actually used it longer than maybe 20 hours of use for fightans and other games, but it still feels alright. If I can get more playtime in, I'll see if it becomes harder to use.

i thought that model was inferior to the FG4, it lacks features and is also cheaper

I think it would work for me, the way you describe it. I really only want 8 buttons for the 4 finger layout. I play a lot of ggxxac+r and having my fingers rest on each of the main 4 buttons sounds appealing, but I'm sure storing my pinky under the far right wouldn't be troubling. Thanks for the clarifications.

The rotating dpad? That's as far as I know. The rest is the same: turbo, ability to set shoulder buttons to R3/L3, and has official PC mode for the controller, which is a one up to the FC4. Is there something else I missed?

Not a problem. For me, playing a 3-4 button fighter means I just use the main face buttons, since that's how I learned to play originally. For anything higher, I play with it and see what feels best. Though for 3 button games like Akatsuki, it's probably better to learn to use my fingers. I've used shoulder buttons for combinations in that game specifically to reduce my own input error and pull off parries easier.

It was eight years ago, and I had no idea what I was doing, but it worked well in the end.

Yeah, gg+r's a 5 button fighter so I think I could claw my fingers so the thumb's under my index and my pinky's under my ring. Shit might fuck up my hands in the long run but I'm a cheap bastard.
The way I play is with a ps2 controller like pic related with a usb adapter. I find it works pretty well but having to do 4/5th of the inputs with my thumb makes combos and Johnny's cancel a bitch. I'm a fan of the dpad in relation to most but it takes a decent amount of pressure. Doing across motions (from 2 to 8 for example) can be difficult. Doing shit like Justice's fuck you lasers(46463214) is nearly impossible in the heat of a match.

I like it.

Is there a Vampire Savior version on pc with training mode?

yes, you use mame for it, it's on the wiki for the download

I play alot of MAME arcade games. Is there anyway to setup so that I can get a training mode going?

Hey if it works, it works. I'm just glad I had my dad around to help me with the woodworking for my stick, it came out p good.

Did you cannibalize an old gamepad board?

>we end up playing King of Fighter 95 and Shamurai Shodown gameboy versions via the Super Gameboy's two player mode for 5 hours

I'm surprised how decent they were considering how limited they are.

Too bad I can't figure out how to set up the controller in MAME for the life of me.

It's not that hard.

It only works now to make me look like an idiot. It didn't before.

Yep. At the time, I wanted to also play Def Jam FFNY on that. And hell, those unofficial PS2 controllers used solid boards, not those weird thin plastic boards from the official ones. They were cheap, and with a simple adapter, I could also run on my Xbox, that have some emulators MAME and thousands of roms.
Was really good. But now, I need to refurbish it, some broken cables and maybe a new board.

By the way, yours look really good.

What is the best Samurai Shodown game for someone who's hardly tried the games to get into?

These retarded commands have no place on games. Good things most other games have done away with them. Wrestling your controls is literal artificial difficulty

2 and 5special are the best ones I think.

The Qanba Carbon has Xinput. Standard Vewlix layout, Chinese parts that are easily swappable, also includes PS3 and Android (lolwut) support. Fairly small for a stick with full-sized arcade parts too, about 14 inches across.

Desk!
SF 3, 4 or 5?

Hardware mods is acceptable?
web.archive.org/web/20150519020648/http://pineconeattack.com/2008/12/07/how-to-mod-the-hori-fighting-stick-ex2-with-authentic-arcade-parts-xbox-360-version/

What the fuck happened to fighting games?

This shit is outta control

I found the problem.

The Shadow Lords patch bumped the texture quality a bit on PC along with a shit ton of story videos. MK XL came with updated textures as well. Basically "Le 4K meme" in action.

Also KI's Season 3 soundtrack is out now.

Why would anyone choose another character in Mortal Kombat 2-3-4 when Shang and Shinnok can morph into every character they want?

Dunno
why would anyone play a character other than Twelve in 3S when he can morph into any character he wants?

user is too hard to change from controller to Stick? i have play BB since 2006 in controller but now i have the money i just dont know if it will be worthy or usefull.

Because of the obnoxious sounds that faggot excretes.

Lordi and other costume bands aimed at kids

Type B MasterRace

On a curious note about this, i had MKX installed on my SSD and moved it to my main storage mechanical drive and noticed almost no difference, in contrast Killer Instinct has like double loading time in a mechanical HDD

Thanks for the tip
i mostly dig Eyedol's theme but Gargos theme is great too

Holy shit. And I was complaining about USFIV being 23GB on my PS3. Developers just crank up the game's size this generation?

Because Subzero is cooler.

Also, here's Verse.

Before KoF XIV came out, I expected Antonov and Verse to be tournament banned. It's nice to see that they were balanced enough that they weren't OP.

Not hard, just takes a bit of time. Took me about a week or so, but I was new to fighting games in general and hadn't played them on pad, either.

Do I need to play all of the Blazblue games to get the full story or is there a recap in each of them? Is the SP worth it?

I believe Calamity Trigger's story is summarized in Continuum Shift. The main stories for each game from CS onward are also much more substantial, so I'd say you can skip CT unless you're a completionist.

fightgaems

SP is okay, if you like VNs it's alright, there's a lot of lore and world building shit you can read up on too.

Nice stick lad

Plot is slightly complex. You are going to understand basics with recaps, but whole explanation of terms usually lacking.
So? If you want to understand whole quantum shit level, do it.
Or dialogs with Rachel are forever gonna be cryptic bullshit. She refuses explain even basic plot points.

KoF XIV on PC when? Or did everyone get scared off by Arkham Knight?

Probably waiting for the PS4 exclusive date to expired…
Mmmmmmmmmm KOF14 nude mods

Ended up ordering us Q1's. Looking forward to trying them out

I actually like those kinds of inputs, especially since there's so few of them in the game. Most of the moves with that level of input in gg are just cockshows and have very little actual purpose.

I'm interested.

I'm not. It doesn't look terribly impressive and there's loads of other fightans that offer something different. What's the gimmick to this? Because if it's just 2D fighter, I can play jewpuncher.

I don't like that it's MUGEN. Gonna find trouble down the line with it.

Daigo to win CapCup 2016!

Will Akuma be in KOF14?

No
Will Goose be in Tekken 7?

I just booted up SFV after months of not playing thinking shit maybe I'll grow to like the stubby dashy midget neutral. Rollback on top of rollback on top of rollback during multiple 5 bar connections.

Beta was fine. I think I'm done, bros.

A better engine would be a more intelligent choice, but seems like it's only one guy doing almost everything, so, I understand he probably choose the one he knows best.

OK.

Fuck Akuma, give me taunts back.

All the matches were sort of the same: daigo eats shit until he has enough meter, then uses a super to get the comeback win. I always prefer seeing meter in any gams be used during a round for whatever purpose other than supers.

Also, the commentary on that last match was god awful.

It doesn't even have to be VF5:FS, I even settle for just VF2 HD being ported

Street Fighter 4 Remix is the real Street Fighter V

watching SF4 in SD 30fps and it still looks more responsive then 5.

but does anyone actually play it regularly

Really depends on the character, like Mika in SFV its better to use your meter when you can rather then save it for a super.

its a shitty SF ex with a shit ton of block stun and mortal kombat esque target combos. If your into that then sure but if that game ever picks up itll turn into a 50/50 whore fest

I remember when Darkstalkers Resurrection was coming out, Capcom made a bunch of trailers for the characters. I liked the opening narration to these. Did anyone else like these trailers?

Top Tier
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Bloody Roar 3
King of Fighters 98UMFE
King of Fighters 2002UM
Super Turbo
Third Strike
Garou
VF5FS
Soul Calibur 2
Tekken 5DR
Capcom vs SNK 2
Hokuto No Ken
Street Fighter EX2P

High Tier
Alpha 3
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Jojos Bizarre Adventure
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Guilty Gear XRD / AC+R
King of Fighters 13
King of Fighters 14
Soul Calibur 1
Blazblue Central Fiction
Project Justice

Mid Tier
Dead or Alive 5 LR
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Tekken Tag 1
Bloody Roar 2
Soul Calibur
Tekken 4
Street Fighter 5
KI1
Low Tier
Dead or Alive 4
Mortal Kombat 2
Soul Calibur 5 / 4 / 3

Bin Tier
Mortal Kombat 9 / 10 / literally every other mk
MLP:FIM
Naruto
Budokai 3
Smash
Pokken
KI3

Yeah, some of these videos alone can sell you on a character.

Shoryuken!

You want to do WHAT to FemAkuma?

Capcom, can we get Dramatic Battle or Scramble Mode back?

VF2 with online play would be alright

VF2 with online play would be alright

ahahahahah

put fatal fury special an samsho2 in top tier and we're good
there is a reason why mikado always always puts up footage of local matches of these games

I'm just saying I would rather the game made it so using your meter for parries/cancels/whatever would be more worthwhile than waiting till your meter was full and unleashing your super.

I have nothing against them, but skilled use of meter should be encouraged. Like the possibility of a cancel or parry into a combo giving more damage than a super would.

It wasn't that interesting to see daigo win with a hadoken super again and again, despite them being 'match enders', but I would have liked to see calculated or risky use of meter throughout the match rather than all used in the last seconds. Just a preference.

NEW THREAD