Democracy Ancient Greece Edition

Straight from Jewikipedia:

"Sortition:

In governance, sortition (also known as allotment or demarchy) selects political officials as a random sample from a larger pool of candidates.[1] The logic behind the sortition process originates from the idea that “power corrupts.” For that reason, when the time came to choose individuals to be assigned to empowering positions, the ancient Athenians resorted to choosing by lot. In ancient Athenian democracy, sortition was therefore the traditional and primary method for appointing political officials, and its use was regarded as a principal characteristic of true democracy.[2]

Today, sortition is commonly used to select prospective jurors in common law-based legal systems and is sometimes used in forming citizen groups with political advisory power (citizens' juries or citizens' assemblies).[3]"

When i saw this, i instantly thought of Holla Forums's "meme magic" and "digits" system.

Are we, unconsciously, using "true" Democratical means to cause an un-Democratic rebellion to push an un-Democratic system? Is KEK in reality the true master of Meritocracy? Have we created the perfect means of revolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Council_of_Venice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TFW you will never be a citizen of Ancient Athens.

Democracy is a inherit individualist and therefore humanist and therefore judaist tool of subversion.

Its true that athenean democracy was more like a syndicalist patriarchy but if you ever think that shit will ever work outside of an island bigger then the northern tip of New Zealand you are badly mistaking.

When did i even imply i supported Democracy as a political system?

sortition is the only way democracy can work

otherwise it's oligarchy like now

and the impetus for making sure people aren't retarded and valuing the role of 'citizen' is that of making it so no matter who they are, that stupid person could eventually be deciding your fate personally.

What you call democracy today has nothing to do with the most ideologically pure system ever created.

The Greeks knew that leadership by one man would create suck ups and schmoozers by default. So they simply picked people at random to lead for a very short term. Since every man had his own area of expertise, that aspect of society could be most improved during his term.

You'll find that the Greeks love random chaos even today.

I've heard stories where a mental hospital was placed near an elementary school by a (((civil planner))) and the mental patients would look at the kids all the time. The parents didn't like this, so the solution they came up with was to weld the doors shut and spray paint the windows black on the side facing the school.

What a crazy place.

What I find ironic is that Rome's greatest accomplishments were after the Republic and Democracy died. Athenian Democracy makes a lot more sense than ours too.

?

If we get corrupt mods it all falls apart. We need a leader(s) to trust, who believe in the people and serve their life FOR the people.

Being a leaderless, formless body is only advantageous as an anonymous online collective.
In meatspace armies need commanders, and the advantages of being able to follow one man as the physical embodiment of a movement far outweighs
the disadvantages of our enemies not arguing in good faith, especially when the time for arguments draws to a close. (51fda8)

The greatest achievements of The Roman Empire happened when it was basically a dictatorship.

The Greeks had somewhat pure Democracy but limited suffrage unlike today where we have universal suffrage but limited Democracy.

The terms are short for that exact reason, to limit the damage that can be done.

It all comes down to whether you believe that there are more corrupt people than non corrupt.

Mathematically, the bigger group will win out long term.

Sortition also worked well for the Republic of Venice, for a coupe hundred of years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Council_of_Venice

They drew from a select pool of nobles, and not every citizen, I should maybe add.

Direct democracy is the way to go. With all the regulations possible and applied we would destroy all degeneracy. Also it's easier to sell to normies than another reich because it doesn't have the connotation and the leftists think that people would vote for their policies if in large numbers, where the opposite is true.

The greatest argument against Democracy came thousands of years ago from its greatest intellectuals and father of Western Civilisation like Plato. Democracy itself is a form of tyranny, trusting history the long and most time tested and stable system in history is either monarchy or dictatorship.

But mostly this. Plato, Aristotle, and Herodotus was right.

"democracy" is overrated and it is basically a kikery. People are too ignorant and dumb to manage themselves. They need a guide.

Yeah a parliamentary oligarchy republic with elective monarchistic features is definitely the way to go.

I am really wondering at times if i am at a bot fest.
I never said i support Democracy. I plainly stated that we here have some sort of Sortition Democracy which we use to push NatSoc and Libertarian ideals.

You really should kill yourself.

Yeah except that plato's cousin and uncle were responsible for the biggest blood bath in athene. Plato's not honest here, he'd have wanted power for himself as you can read in his republic.

The main argument of plato is that you have to be trained to exercice power otherwise it's like asking a lumberjack or a baker or whatever to be a doctor. However we've seen what it looks like when "trained politicians" take power. You have Soros, you have Clinton, you Merkel.

Democracy bets that we are all dumb and fucked up, hence checking each other all the time will ensure that none become dumb, fucked up and with all the power.

You should unironically kill yourself.

Yes.

Ok then enjoy the Clintons and Merkel of this world. Also you're confusing great leaders of men with trained politicians. Athene had its share of great man too.

No.

Or like a "Diverse" migrant that can barely read VOTING for your next leader…

You miss the point of Plato, it's not just the 'leader', its those that select him or her as well.

If you give everyone a vote, then the vote means less.

well if shouting in dive bars is your idea of "training"….

yes, but it fosters massive inequality.

reminder that it was Sparta, not Athens, that had strict equality laws

i think we can achieve things in meatspace as anonymous leaderless formless body
just look at the IOTBW campaign
succes was achieved

spencer did that, though :^)

What do you think was the mentality in the creation of legislation during the times of Athenian Democracy? Consider, it was just between white, aged, and wise men.

Politics is War by other Memes, friendo. Great leaders of men are ideal candidates.

Hitler was a soldier, awarded multiple times for his bravery and fanaticism, which he later turned to work for the primacy of the German Volk. The only ones allowed to hold any public office should be white men that put their lives on the line for the body politic.

Rolling to be Der Furhrer of Holla Forums

Dubs don't let me down!

Athens and other Greek city-states had another even more important tool at their disposal: exile. They ruthlessly kicked out traitors and outsiders. We could learn much from ancient democracy.

are y… of course you are.

being indiscriminate about your fucking criteria for citizenship is how you get 'migrants' you fucking plebeian.

you have to discriminate on who is or is not a 'citizen'. there lies the issue.

whatever criteria there is for citizenship, the threat of death should be heavily involved

>I've heard stories where a mental hospital was placed near an elementary school by a (((civil planner))) and the mental patients would look at the kids all the time. The parents didn't like this, so the solution they came up with was to weld the doors shut and spray paint the windows black on the side facing the school.
Wait, what's the problem with that solution?

Only good as a temporary solution. The actual solution is to beat the planner to death :^)

People is too dumb to be allowed to vote for a representative. That's how you get unskilled leaders and rapefugees. Leadership can be trained in every field of application. People that were nurtured to be political leader are usually a pain for their people and they often never really had a true job.

Well, to be fair you are considering voting and universal suffrage to be the same. Which they could not.

You know, this could work even on the scale of the United States if the those brought into governance by the lotto where aided by AI.