Gives Ripley super powers so she's just like his Buffy characters that do kung fu that he jerks off to

Is Joss Whedon the worst writer of all time?

Still not as bad as Prometheus or covenant

This. A faneditor could probably cut out most of the stupid shit and it'd be a much better film. Prometheus is unsalvageable crap.

Both Covenant and Prometheus are several times the better film then this shit fest. You are a fucking pleb.

The problems were already made with Aliens where James Cameron took one of the scariest creatures movies has ever seen and turn it into a shitty Halo-bulletsponge-enemy. It turned a creepy, tense sci-fi horror into a Call of Duty in space.

You are a moron who fell for Lindelof and Scott's attempt to sound intellectual, as they threw in some hamfisted references that makes people think they are enlightened for recognizing said reference.

Seconded. It was still highly enjoyable, but it did take away from the impact of the original.

Resurrection was originally written as a parody film. It was later rebranded as an Alien sequel by studio execs

The woman has her stomach cut open, then stapled back together and immediately runs hundreds of metres and does leaps and shit on the way. Only a genuine retard could suspend disbelief for this.

I still don't understand how he could write firefly and donate half a million to Hillary

You're not thinking like a cuck, user. Firefly was shit btw.

it was still about cowboys fighting big government

Prometheus is a legitimately good movie, you ignore like two awkward lines of dialogue.

I like the cinematography, Like the monster designs. I like that part where she cuts herself open.

Do you think Hillary fans are aware of what she really was/was doing? Sure Trump extorted his dad while he was dying and shut his cripple brothers out from inheritance, but Clintons, Humas, and Podestas you have to be fucking kidding me. Cucks don't know that stuff and if it's not on TV it's conspiracy.

Nah it's dumb. It's a one track plot. Go in ship, come back out.

It was a pretty good scene, definitely suspenseful and cringe inducing with the body horror.

Even critics admitted the film had great themes. You're just a sperg mad at it because you have your opinions written for you by youtube e-celeb nobodies.

I don't need youtube to know it's a poor movie. Also a critic's opinion is created by money not themselves.

Now you understand.

so you're a pleb with shit taste that doesn't know kino naturally?

elaborate pl0x

Earth Hive and Nightmare Asylum were bretty gud honestly. Genocide too.

the scene with the glasses wearing guy who gets chestbursted is ripped directly from the comics, and the whole plot with the military and them doing experiments on aliens are from plot lines in the first 20 issues or whatever, I don't remember

Whedon is a hack that draws inspiration from US comic books instead of actual hard scifi or even the Heavy Metal shit Ridley Scott drew from. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

How is a horror movie without and exposition or introspection kino? Also the characters are plot devices and are interchangeable with plants. It's bad.

sorry, I don't talk to europoors

Joss Whedon may actually be the worst writer of all time.

Argues like a true progressive. Thanks for making me the victor here.

You have no argument. You just posted literal word salad and expected a serious response. Also you're defending Joss Whedon over Ridley Scott scifi kino with religious themes. You're, the butt hurt progressive, asshole.

How the hell did Toy Story manage to be so good? It's legitimately well-written, unlike all of his other movies.

Because the three other people that worked on the screenplay deleted his cringey autism from the script.

Alien 8/10
Aliens 6/10
Alien3 6/10
Alien Resurrection 1/10
Prometheus 7/10
Alien Covenant 7/10

This

Different expectations. Joss Whedon is probably mostly just responsible for a few quips and one liners. Even he couldn't fuck up a movie about toys.

Wasn't Whedon less involved with Firefly than everyone thinks anyway?

Resurrection had some cool parts, like the underwater part and the ladder fight. The film's tone is more like Firefly/Serenity.

Autism isa form of retardation user. You should be happy about this.

Yes.

Only by the virtue that there was no BLACKED scenes, or at least not any that I remember. I haven't watched Resurrection since elementary school.

The way the Wikipedia article explains it is Joss Whedon basically had nothing to do with the screenplay. His most major contributions were giving Barbie a bigger role and creating the dinosaur character.

Alien 9/10
Aliens 5/10
Alien3 10/10
Alien Resurrection 2/10
Prometheus 8/10
Alien Covenant 7/10

t. Kinotrician

makes sense

Alien 0/10
Aliens 0/10
Alien3 0/10
Alien Resurrection 0/10
Prometheus 0/10
Alien Covenant 0/10
Blade Runner 2049 ∞/10

Get on my level you fucking cunt.

Resurrection is the worst of the original four alien films I acknowledge.
Just like Terminator 3 it commits the most betrayal to tone, which is probably the most important thing to maintain in horror or sci-fi… unless you did something radically better with the tone shift, like Alien to Aliens.
Resurrection does the same cheesy hollywood™ treatment where the characters do not take what is occurring seriously, they very clearly seem like there is a joking meta vibe to the entire film, hence the tone is ruined.
Still the worst film.

An universe where every movie has its own tone; the sequel of the first movie being a completely different thing. Pay attention to what you wrote.

Black humor is the most fitting humor for a gorefest monster movie.

No, he is the typical nerdy beta writer (the gamma male type according to Vox Day's sociosexual hierarchy) who use the veneer of male feminism to live out their degenerate fetishes. Ironically, Whedon is one of the better gamma writers, which isn't saying much since they all can't write anything beyond reddit tier quips. These men harbor a deep resentment of women while simultaneously putting them on a pedestal. They white knight and pine after women on twitter in hopes that their cringe inducing bantz will get them to open their legs. Sex, when they have it consensually, it always a disappointment for both parties, which is why they opt for “serving” and “worshiping” women rather than fucking them properly.

Nearly every female superhero was made to fulfill a male femdom fantasy. It was like this from the beginning of capeshit. The guy who created Wonder Woman literally wrote her to fulfill his dominatrix fantasies, it's why she carries a whip and ties up her opponents. I find it hilarious that feminist women think having more female superheroes will help the cause of “equality,” when really they're just pushing fap material for emotionally damaged manchildren. The powerful female beating up men serves as double whammy too: the stronk empowered women beats up the alphas and other stand ins for chads who beat them up in high school, and he "gets the girl" in the warped femdom fetish sort of way where she leads the relationship and he doesn't have to be a man. People like him live everyday one step away from eating a bullet or cutting their dicks off and wearing a dress. They are failed men.

Wasn't there also a predictive model for what hair colour the women characters would have when gamma males wrote them?

i don't remember her dunking.

i remember her making a 3 point shot from behind without looking.

your memory is crap, user

only half crap

the backwards 3 point shot happened

Eloquent analysis, I've always considered beta males as the ones who actually hate women the most, second only to the unironically feminist ugly women. Even MGTOWcucks will readily admit that they still like women and feminine qualities in a masculine way, unlike these barely male fags.

She looks like a granny in that movie.
One of many reasons it was shit.

It was actually to fulfill his domination fantasies. Wonder Woman could be easily overpowered by touching her bracelets together, so any criminal could overpower her. The guy was into tying up women and fucking the hell out of them.

she was always a mess.

yeah, well he didn't do this, so he's still not the worst

fug