Hate 'Last Jedi?' The Star Wars Expanded Universe is worse

cnet.com/news/hate-the-last-jedi-star-wars-expanded-universe-was-way-worse/

Disney shills are tacitly admitting that The Last Jedi was a "bloated, cheesy mess".

didn't we just have this thread

I'll sum up my thoughts again anyway.
the eu may have been fanfic-y cringy a lot of the time, but at least it felt like genuine fans with good intentions and not cynical pricks trying to ruin/retcon/override the franchise

That is a lot of salt. If you think the old EU was bad, check the new one.

everything went to shit when lucas let the jew hack filoni parade his jailbait waifu around as the main character of star wars clone wars

It's always the same examples, and it's always entry-level shit from the early EU, mostly poorly interpreted. Who took all the Tales stories as serious canon? Nobody. No mention of the republic commando, LOTF and FOTJ novels. No mention of Crimson Empire, or Legacy, X Wing, Republic, or Tales of the Jedi. Almost every comic starring Boba has been great too.

It's just so great how sites say how terrible and dated the same handful of ideas that weren't even that big of a deal beyond the source stories themselves were in the old EU, and then go and say how great the new Disney shit is with Vader having an asian scientist woman sidekick and evil R2 and C3PO, not to mention the movies themselves.

We’ve had it two or three times. Clickbait is the lifeblood of the internet.

Spoken like a dickhead who's never seen an old sci fi serial. Maybe that's why Luke is such a bitter curmudgeon in Last Jedi. Devote your life and even your lineage to saving galaxies only so some mincing fucking fairies could tell you how oppressive you were to them when you got pissed how little they cared about the sacrifices made.

Except you didn't have to accept the old EU as canon and it had no impact on the real story, and everyone except for the most autistic of faggots understood that it was just glorified fanfiction. TLJ is a title release in the main storyline and must be accepted as canon in order to understand all chronologically subsequent releases in the main storyline. The fans making shit content doesn't justify the franchise owners making shit content.

Repeating the same point I made in the other thread.
If everything in the EU, and the prequels, and now the OT is shit for assorted reasons, then why the fuck should I bother with Star Wars anymore?

Instead of making a case to defend the new trilogy, he's pretty much saying that the entire fictional universe is simply not worth the time. Which is actually correct, the whole thing is silly but that was it's appeal back in the day. The point is that they call it shit because of the wrong reasons.
Rebranding a silly fantasy into a propaganda piece is simply not going to work because the general public won't take it seriously, and the ones who do are the disgusting nerd fans who nitpick everything and will call out on your bullshit i.e. the ones KK wants to get rid of.

It's like they're manufactured in some cloning facility.

absolutely retarded

Gotta step up your game Disney shills, CTR would put you to shame.

TLJ does not have anything to do with George Lucas and hence would be on the exact same level as what you call 'fanfiction'

/thread/

yeah?and ?
there were people buying and reading those books.
not only disney fucked them over, now they're opening shitting on them.

What can be done about the fishmouth and soygape syndromes?

Whatever the cure is, it must be delivered at high velocity to the center of mass.

It's right