Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Apparently wesp released the newest version of his unofficial patch, 9.6 a few days ago. Which is probably his last patch I think, or we're very close to his last. Even now it feels like he's finished with fixing shit and is adding things on his own to me

I know that we had hundreds of threads about this game and there isn't much left to talk anymore, but still creating a thread in case someone wants to discuss shit

Other urls found in this thread:

vtmb.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Mess
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New Clan Quest mod when?

I was just checking its thread on planetvampire. Burgermeister is nowhere to be found but wesp says that he contracted him and he's currently working on the mod and isn't on the internet to not get distracted.

I'm waiting for that too, it looks like he's adding lots of shit in 4.0

Even now there is hope for man

d-don't make me install this game again

This and the raptor note made me laugh for a good while.

anyone got the image for first time players of Bloodline?

Why live?

Install, play.
It is not that hard chaim.

White Wolf is SJW shit now just like every other fucking company.

What was added?

Best girl was the schizo.

WEW

Just check its patch notes on the site, what was the last patch you played? One thing I remember from patch notes is he finally fixed that fucking cough looping sound, I wonder why it took him so long

Which one?

Both of her.

I actually thought you meant Heather, he also gets a little madness if you make her your ghoul as Malkavian
My first game was as Malkavian and I had thought that she was actually mad

Legit she was the only reason I played the game. Once I found out you can't sex her, I uninstalled.

You can sex her

it just fades to black when you do

So what's the point?

The game even came out right around the time of the Hot Coffee controversy. Which showed how much of a death sentence it would've been at the time

Name one western game with decent sex scenes. You cant

You mean besides devs working on an incomplete engine and being unable touch it to fix shit for months and ultimately releasing right after Half-Life 2.

Man, that would have helped with marketing.

The game I played with your mom.

1. I don't have much time for video games
2. Should I install 3.9 or wait for 4.0?
3. Does it work on Linux (mint)?
4. I played some of the game before, got to the 2nd city (as Tremere). What skills should I max? Lockpicking or persuasion or intimidation or research or computers?
5. How do I open the safe in the hospital top floor?

I don't even know frankly, it's been too long since the last time. I'll go check it out.

Raptor scared the shit out of me the first time I played, I don't remember why. You can clearly see it from the moment you enter

What? I also don't know if does it work on Linux or not, sorry

4- Intimidation is completely useless. You can just search for passwords for computers on the internet if you don't want to spend exp on computers. Lockpicking and persuasion are really useful, if you plan on using the book exploit(if you sell them and buy them again, you can use them twice, don't know is it fixed in patch or not) research is useful. I think you want it at 9(or maybe 8?) max though, I don't remember a book requiring 10 research. The same goes for persuasion and seduction IIRC, there isn't a single dialogue that requires 10 persuasion or seduction.
Those are from memory and can be wrong, I can try to confirm them searching on internet if you want. It'd be better if you posted your current build

5. That drug safe? IIRC it requires only 5 lockpicking skill. You should easily get that by using bloodbuff

Thanks.
Not the drug safe, the huge safe in the otherwise mostly empty room, the grey one that looks like one of those bank safes.

I don't have the build as I uninstalled the game months ago.

Also forgot to add, you should never go for maxing a skill first, you won't need a skill very high in the starts, but you'll need multiple skills on average. Just distribute them evenly-ish, you'll be able to fill them most because the game pretty much showers you with exp if you do all side quests anyway

I don't remember that safe, on which floor it was? You talk about one that looks like refrigerator, on third floor? That one is for a quest you get by e-mail, it's only in wesp's plus patch I think

Yes, it works perfectly with wine.

It might be this one then, I didn't get this far in my playthrough though.
vtmb.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Mess

Thanks.
Installing now.

This.

Without Disciplines or Items, your feats can reach a max of 10. Every new City hub raises the feats level you need for new Quests by 2 points and sometimes a difficult task ups it by 3, but its rare. Having Unarmed, Meele or Ranged Combat on level 2 for all of Santa Monica is fine, but by the time you run around China Town, it should be level 8.

Only exception to that is, that a lot of quests have special dialog options bound to a single attribute or ability. For example you can find out that Knox is using you at the beginning of the game, when you have a high perception for Santa Monica the first time you meet him. Many people treat Manipulation, Appearance(Seduction in general), Intimidation and Finance useless, but they definitively change the outcome of many situations in a subtle way.

oh hahaha i get it 'cause he's not a turtle and houses can't walk or eat ahaha being random is soooo funny XD

So Velvet actually falls in love whit you if you do everything right? or you are just a tool?

Fucking dino

Singles 2: Triple Trouble The European version has nudity, uncensored sex scenes, and a screenshot mode with a pose editor.

One thing to note, make sure to only launch the game with the shortcut the patch generates.

How do I make it 1366x768 instead of just 800x600?

If you downloaded the unofficial patch it should have a file for resolution somewhere, in the extras folder or something

+Changed Shin Gunto to look different to katana, thanks to Lenuska.
+Made Chang brother's handle claws weapons usuable, thanks Lenuska.
+Restored six models to Society, Foxy Boxes, theatre, and warehouse.
+Made two additional options available for plus patch installation.
+Added dialogue lines to give some surplus items to Gary and Damsel.
Made Chunk not attack you if you persuaded him during the endgame.
Delayed Mercurio cutscene to make player move where he can see it.

Looks pretty good to me.

This should be the full patch notes

Yeah, just the same way she loves the writer and probably a bunch of other people.
I never actually got to sex her because I like playing malk too much and she hates me

Velvet is a shit-tier girl who is full of disease anyway, you're not missing much.

I was able to. I was a fast talking gunslinging Toreador however.

I guess vampirism counts.

You can sex VV? How?

Do all her quests, say the right things. It may just be a mod that does it. I didn't get anything from her. I'm being retarded ignore me

Do her quests, spare the thinblood. She starts dancing, just waith through it.

The best I could get was a poster of her. Too bad.

is it gud?

My computer fucking froze when I opened that.

It sucks as a game. It's like a cut down version of The Sims 2, with better graphics.

I really liked the game, but can't find a compelling reason to get a second playthrough.

Any suggestions?

I played a Tremere and got the ending where you back the Prince (Because somehow I couldn't support Strauss).

Any mods that make the combat not embarrassingly bad?

He said decent.

You need to be at least 18 to post here

You can kill him? I just ran around like a retard while the clock ticked down

mods

did Wesp ever fix the downtown apartment prop model swap bug?
I asked him about it once and he said the largest obstacle to solving it was that he had never personally encountered it

you might have told Isaac about the gargoyle's origins. Strauss disowns you if you do

No, I actually got the nice guild apartment and everything. But when I got to the last ride, I just couldn't go to Strauss, but maybe I just missed him, somehow.

and we should have a hundred more. This is my all time favorite game and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have given it a chance had it not been for a thread like this.

Games do not have an AFI collection, or a hall of fame. Great games like a flame have to be kindled by the men they warm, if we let them die then the darkness wins.

I actually let her die my first time around, it just kinda happened
I found her "sister" hotter anyway

You sick fuck…

I like you.

Yup. Get a good bit of experience for it too. It has to be done like that though, trapping him between the doors.

it's rare to find good taste on here

You two. Excellent taste.

Therese is a frigid bitch who'd never let you fuck her. Jeanette is better.

I've played this shit so many times I literally have every instance, every piece of dialogue, every note of music burned into my brain, there is no reason to replay it again
I can't enjoy it anymore
I want to die
killme

Now play Deus Ex with GMDX

lol upboat!

I wish there was a loli mod

Are you talking about the memory leak? IIRC he can't fix it

Assuming you did the right things during game(Go to Strauss before Anarchs, don't accept the money, keep his secret about Gargoyle case), at the last talk with the taxi driver you have to lean to Camarilla but dislike Prince, then an option should appear about choosing Strauss

Also in second playthrough you can try different mods(like Clan Quest, which is a must try imo), or even without mods you can do the quests different way. Also many clans have unique dialogues, except for Brujah and Toreador, you might want to see them. Malkavian and Nosferatu have shitton of them, you must try these at least imo

There is a mod that makes combat harder and I remember there was a mod that changes all of the weapons, Arsenal mod or something like that. But I assume you mean the clunkiness of the beta Source Engine? I don't think you can fix that

I don't know much about VtM except for this game but I read somewhere that vampires there actually drink blood of children and children have blue blood. Would make sense I guess

I think the Chinatown blood doll requires a 10 in Seduction.

So, in other words, yes, nothing worthwhile requires a 10 in Seduction.

I'm not sure about Masquerade, but in Requiem you're literally expected to degenerate to the level of an amoral sociopath.

Which works out great, because the kind of people that play tabletop Vampire are already degenerates.

Anons, you do realize that spoiling so much for new players detracts from their enjoyment, right? I mean, I don't care, I've completed the game multiple times. But wasn't one of the stated purposes of the thread to let anons discover the game for themselves?

And you can just use a memory editor/trainer for infinite health or XP or something else if you don't want to expend any effort playing the game! It's fun! No, it is not.

Was fixed a long time ago.

Velvet disappeared from my game without a trace.

He doesn't know unnoficial patch let's you solo the fucker as a pure STR pure Unarmed Warform Gangrel

You have no idea how awesome it felt to beat that guy.

What?

MUH LORE

Suicidal Low Gen hopped up on the highest quality blood on offer.

A gen 10 fledgeling outsmarting a dumb furball? It's more likely than you think.

Protean level 5 skill that basically turns you into a werewolf.

Absolutely shitty skill that takes like 3 seconds of transformation time during which you still take damage. You get Aggrevated damage in that form, but you attack so slowly and the form doesn't last long enough. Just stick with level 4 and put your points into something more useful.

I'll give you the outsmarting part.
Although it's already unrealistic because the Garou didn't bring the rest of his pack.

What is this shit? Is it nWoD?

Considering who orchestrated that, I'm not surprised the only thing they managed to procure is a lone braindead pup.

oWoD had it as a level SEVEN skill.

Ah. Nice. Good thing I stopped downloading newer versions of the patch. Wesp seems to be going full retard.

What? Wesp does a lot of stupid shit but this isn't one of them. The base game had this as its level 5 Protean skill, he didn't change a thing.

Some anons just like to try to say hurtful things about people who do good work because they can't compare.

What new bugs did he add this time?

… dinosaurs?

I don't remember it "basically turning you into a werewolf". So either that was a gross exaggeration or he did change things.

I don't derive enjoyment from this. Once upon a time VtMBUP was something that made me respect the guy a lot. But he's been veering off into adding his own stuff over restoring what's already there. Loss of trust is a bitch.

To be fair, that's what I thought of it when I first played the game … twelve years ago… and didn't know what werewolves actually were in WoD.

It's a beast mode transformation that leads to you being unable to do anything but try and hit shit with your claws. The werewolf part is hyperbole for the sake of humor. I obviously don't mean it turns you into an actual werewolf.

It should have stopped long ago. I forget which past was the gold standard. Something 6.xx or something?

So, basically, controlled Frenzy. Yes, this is how it worked originally.

Yes, but in context it read as if the Gangrel in question becomes equal in power:

Because at least in the VtMBUP versions I've played the werewolf was immune to everything. Yes, I checked the game files.

In one of the newer versions wesp made him killable in the plus patch of his version. At least I think so, I remember that he was trying to make him killable and was having hard time with it, don't know if did he manage it or not

I don't know much about VtM but I think in that same thread many people were against it, saying something like even 5. gen vampires would have hard time against werewolves

That's not true, it would depend on the individuals. A new Woof would lose to an old vampire, and an old woof wouldn't be in a fight against a bloodsucker on his own.

Well, if he did, than my reaction was not unjustified, even if a bit harsher than deserved, perhaps.

And they are absolutely correct. While the most powerful non-Antediluvians can do very impressive things, even an average furfag would pose at least a challenge to them. And they tend to stay in packs. But a fledgeling, no matter the generation, actually fighting a Garou and surviving? Laughable.

Hush, children. Which was the best patch again?

Silver/War form claws or anything that deals aggravated damage can fuck a wolf up without too much difficulty actually.

And IIRC the pro discipline gets a set of claws that deal straight up agg damage.

That+str+warform buffs if I remember /can/ fuck up wolves easily but when the wolves are their own splats they tend to be weaker than ones vampires face.

ID+ always solves that. The base noise still hums in the background.

The real question here is would it be believable for a fledgeling to stay alive long enough to inflict sufficient amounts of that aggravated damage.

Isn't basic patch without any additions, just restorations? If this is true you can install basic patch of any version I guess

Again, I'm not familiar with VtM except for this game but I want to add something, Nines kills a werewolf too

I swore the unofficial patch topped out around version 6 before it went full silly. If anything, I still have some of the old ones on an old drive.

The board seems to be in problems. Perhaps someone should wake up before they die.

Fuck i would have loved a changeling game. Creepy ass dank fey shit with portals to 'the hedge' in those thickets on the edge of suburbs where evil cthonian elves watch you for years till they snatch you, torture you as a plaything for a century and throw you out as hunting sport as you discover a doppelganger has taken your life and 100 years passed for you, 10 passed in the normal world and your time in the fae realms turned you into a hybrid magical creature just trying to survive in a world of shit like the camarilla and garou and the worm.

God damn it /tg/ why did you introduce such a rad idea to me?

Reminder that this is one of the best games ever made and that better games were made in 2004 over the [CURRENT YEAR] where developers are taking influence and ideas from tumblr and twitter instead of looking at their fanbase or learning from the past. And the standards for what is acceptable has gone down since as well

There will never ever ever ever be another good WoD game because even IF it happens it'll be a SJW infested idenity politics casual console title.

I know, but imagine a game of Changeling thats basically morrowind in the pacific northwest circa like 1991. Shit would be cash money.

You can open a portal to the Hedge in any door you like. You just shouldn't.

I just like the idea of the small town pennywise style 'thing lurking in the thicket on the edge of the trimmed lawns where pets go missing'

The game has plenty of CURRENT YEAR bullshit, though. It's Vampire after all.

In the museum this nigger is right around a corner. If you're a stealth player it generally makes you shit yourself if you aren't expecting it.

GANGREL OUT.

You can't have _spears__ in the Pacific Northwest circa 1991.

Never looked into Hunter? bikers can make weapons out of anything in the WoD universe.

might be more your speed

Toreador are the faggot clan. Unless you're a /cuteboy/ that's just shit taste.

why does this happen Holla Forums?

Because Activision called a halt and wanted to get shit finished up and shipped. Physical distribution isn't instant and all that.

working class malk scum pls go.

You can't have any fun with Sara, either.

Unless you're a girl.

The gameplay is great and a sign of just how far the industry has fallen; the game content, still has bits of the modern poz in there though. See .

Since it's Cisqisition you can't have any fun at all.

Wait, so if I tick these, I won't have the new audio/particles etc… ? I'm confused because it adds to the size, what should I tick ?

I think instead of making the plus patch without these and making them as options, he put them all in the plus patch and then put the vanilla files as optional ticks, that's why they have additional size. It first installs everything, and then installs vanilla versions over them if you tick them. Pretty stupid if you ask me

Oh, ok, thanks, it make some sense but he shold have precised it.

Is there even a single reason why would anyone pick Brujah over Gangrel in Character creation?
Well, the idea of Frenzy build with low to no humanity does seem interesting but in the end is it even effective and do the Brujah frenzy buffs even let you go above the maximum that you can attain with xp?