Whatever happened to Obsidian? They seem to have been rather quiet lately

Whatever happened to Obsidian? They seem to have been rather quiet lately.

They're making that new game called Tranny

Obsidian was never good.

Bungie-tier developer tbh

Which looks like its going to be shit. It's basically Bioware tier with cringe inducing shit everywhere, everything from the art direction to the writing points to the fact that it's going to be a real stinker.

They lost too much talent and almost died financially.

HIV due to unprotected anal sex is one of the leading causes of death for homosexuals.

They let autistic BALANCE OVERWHELMING Sawyer actually be in charge of vgames.

And they're still choking on that rtwp dick when other, even smaller, devs decided to drop it like a black baby.

Alpha Protocol was okay.

Mostly, yes. Obsidian was a one-hit wonder studio. That OHW happened to be the first xpac to nwn2, mask of the betrayer.
They tied in the story to gameplay mechanics in a very unique way.
Kotor2 was a shit game. Peragus was awful and a terrible way to start the game. When a game's level you dread most happens to be at the very beginning of a game, you know you have a problem.

MotB was good. New Vegas was alright, even good in places considering the horrible engine and time constraints. Other than that they produced mostly mediocrity, shit, bugs and fanboys.

They have lost their way, probably due to exposure to this man.

This

Working on the next Fallout
Trust me I'm an insider

Why are Obsidiots so often mentally ill people?

Mask of the betrayer was genuinely good.

Kotor2 and Alpha Protocol are gems hidden underneath a layer of shit, they always have some fucking problems.

New Vegas was also good.
Stick of Truth was okay

But I don't see them continuing after they pissed off Avellone during Pillars and cut the content he wrote.
Pillars of Eternity was mediocre and dull as shit and the only interesting part were the characters he wrote.

They're pretty much dead at this point

They managed to make the only reason anyone gave a fuck about them walk away in disgust.

They were so enamored with tumblr writing and themes they rejected everything Avellone wrote for Pillars of Shit, and now they're busy making another godawful, bland turd.

Did you know that Tyranny features a region of origin where women inherit and hold all the wealth and men can only command ships? So progressive.

Working on a World of Tanks clone and a TERA Clone for some Ruskies.

Thats what happenes when you shill for free for a shitty studio that cant even make games unless if they mod a game made by another studio

Pretty much.

Well most of that stuff in Obsidian games is pushed by Avellone and George Zeits neither of whom are Jewish.

Might be crypto jews or under control of jews tbh

They killed dungeon siege, and for this they shall never be forgiven.

Good goy!
Make sure you never lie or cheat, respect the laws, and man up!

But that's actually what made the White man's civilization great, contrary to a bunch of nomadic parasites like the Jews and other effeminate African/Asian countries that do the complete opposite.

Jews constantly seek to divide and conquer, and they do it by demonizing morality and altruism, especially those directed towards your own kin.

I would agree that the part of loving other people over your own is bad though, but that goes without saying.

What made us great was conquest and advancement - physical, technological, mental.

Explain Greece or Rome then.

You do realize Christianity is a Jewish cult, right?

This. Romans got where they did because they were better than everyone else at murdering the shit out of their opponents.

Europe became the dominant culture in the world because, again, we were better than everyone else at murdering enemies. Zulus didn't give a fuck about Christ and his cuckery, but they sure cared when the machine-guns started mowing them down.

get yourself redpilled.kikes fear the church militant

This is current year Obsidian so i'm sure that the game they make is going to be full of SJW shit shoved in just to show off how progressive they are but women inheriting isn't a progressive thing on it's own. I've seen good settings that involve women being the ones to own the land, house and money. It's usually because they are the ones who manage the the household and family while the men are busy at war or work, it's something I actually wouldn't mind seeing be explored more. Arranged marriges would probably be extremely common in this kind of setting as women would essentially be the wealth and land, you could easily have situations where a lord gifts land to his loyal vassals by marrying them to the women who own the land. Give a kingdom like that a few centuries to develop and you could probably end up with noble women who are known for the land they own, they would have titles like "Lady Victoria of Evergrove estate".

You can have things like women owning the land and wealth without it being progressive virtue signalling. That said i'm sure Tyranny is just going to be some shitty "WOMEN STRONK" bullshit instead of trying to make anything interesting as to why women own land and men don't.

I fucking hate RTWP, they should drop it and either go either real time or turn based. Turn based would probably be best because real time is harder to do well and gameplay mechanics were never their strength anyway. Not that it matters since their strength has already left.

Fuck off to /tg/ and stay there.

you couldnt be more wrong. Romans didnt get where they were (or still are, the church is the only institution from the roman empire still funcioning today) just because they were "better at killing than the others". they were also better at architecture, law, infrastructure, culture and other shit. take mongols as an example, or huns. they were better than killing their enemies as well, yet they didnt leave shit to this day.

Talent is extremely finite and spread thin over a very large industry. Obsidian try to make slightly more complex and difficult-to-execute products than other western developers, while suffering from the same afflictions and (except in the writing department sometimes) sucking just as much. The results are predictable.

As for what's changed, they were a dead studio walking around the time of the pillars kickstarter and that hasn't really changed, they take on "jobs" like F2P tank games to make the games that people actually care about, only even those have to be risk-averse to a degree. They'll probably kickstart pillars 2 because all the profits went into keeping the doors open. I'd say they're a shadow of their former glory, only it wasn't really that glorious.

Why are you inventing excuses for them?

PoE was actively anti-fun, it was designed to be as obnoxious and boring as humanly possible, on top of all the shit writing.

People tolerated Obsidian's complete lack of talent in every other aspect because Avellone wrote interesting, responsive stories. Now that he's gone they have nothing beyond current year bullshit.

They're the new BioWare.

You can have the best military in the world, but it won't save you from moral decay. Rome fell mainly because of Paul's proselytization and its demoralizing effects of Christianity on her military, and now the US is about to follow the same path.

Warfare is cool and all, until you factor in how many European people died for Jewish interests.

TOP FUCKING KEK

SEE THIS BURNING HATRED THE JEWS HAVE FOR THE GOYIM?

nice facts you got there faggot

wew

just stop replying and hide b8 you idiots

Here we go again

They do it because they like shit posting threads to death you dummy; they should all be banned on sight tbh

Thing is, there's really not much to discuss. Obsidian are a shit developer, they chased away the only talent they had and nobody is even remotely excited for their upcoming game.

top fucking kek

look up which areas in the world the most christians live in
hint: it's not white people

This is what they are doing these days.

And even then they managed to sneak it a little bit of pozz in there.

fixed for you

V I D E O
G A M E S

Was there not news that Obsidian went out of their way to copyright Fallout: New Orleans months ago?

This isn't your neo-Nazi hugbox though.

Oh well

Threadly reminder the jews are terrified of losing christian support, and will do anything to keep it

Not like they'll ever lose it. Both just love to fuck little children so much there is no stopping them.

Really? I don't see some cute Israeli girl currently sucking my dick wearing Merkava branded pampers.

You faggots are more into little boys anyway.

No, J.Sawyer only had some pictures of stuff he bought in New Orleans on his Instagram and everyone lost their mind.

Then came the the hype that Bethesda trademarked the title Fallout:New Orleans but that was actually just a hoax.

Bethesda is never going to let anyone else work on their properties ever again. They're too afraid their moronic fanbase will develop something resembling standards and not get fooled by the Toddler anymore.

No fuck you faggot

All Avellone's writing ever amounted to was an edgefag ranting in a vacuum about how everyone with morality is a moron except him and railroaded players into being treated like morons if they weren't 100% amoral all the time.

user is right. Just takes a bit of common sense. Since bethesda hired Obsidian to create New Vegas, all fans of Bethesda keep asking for is another game made by Obsidian. The popular consensus is also that New Vegas is the best "Bethesda" game ever made. Think about that statement for a second. Bethesda has been shown up by Obsidian HARD.

Then when you consider the actual situation Bethesda created for Obsidian is gets even worse. Bethesda did their average kikery routine where they try to milestone abuse a development studio into bankruptcy to buy them for cheap, but in the end, after just a year and a half of work, Obsidian managed to create an unfinished, buggy game, that was better than anything Bethesda has made, and their fans keep saying it, and asking for another. So this company that was supposed to be bought out instead managed to not only escape Bethesda, but SHOW THEM UP in their own niche gaming area and to this day fans keep asking for another.

Really, to see Bethesdas pettiness you only need to look at their actions after. They made the Fallout Bible non-canon, they denied Obsidian their bonus for one measly point on metacritic, to rumours they were creating low reviews themselves to try and rig it. They shit on the NCR a bit in Fallout 4, they even hint at a DLC in Mojave with the Cabot House quest, maybe hinting theyre going to use Obsidians work, or invalidate it by making everything gone and declaring New Vegas non-canon.

I would be surprised if Bethesda ever, EVER, lets another company touch Fallout, let alone Obsidian, after how hard they got shown up on the world stage.

It was certainly far better than NV.

Even more telling is how much FO4 "borrows" from New Vegas, the most obvious element being factions and their quests. Naturally, Bethesda being Bethesda, they find ways to fuck it up.

In terms of non-linearity, sure, it's actually one of the best, if not the best game in that regard, but the gameplay is atrocious. You can more or less fix the NV combat by turning it into a subpar FPS game, but there is no fixing the gameplay of Alpha Protocol.

You can have a lot of faces when reacting to fiction.

Its true

to bad they cant perform the miracle twice with the obsidian of today.

Bethesda was in charge of QA for NV. One of the most common things NV was marked down for was bugs and crashiness. Obsidian is known for making flawed gems, flawed because of QA issues, but this time it wasn't their fault. Obsidian got denied a bonus from Bethesda because of Bethesda. Bethesda being buttblasted about people liking NV more than FO3 and FO4 shows there's just a little bit of justice in the world.

Must I repeat my post ?

Bethesda kikes are also the reason a lot of Legion shit got cut out of the game.

It's like the company goes out of its way to make the world a more awful place.

Lets not forget though that Alpha protocol had much, much more dev time AND a publisher who wasn't trying to completely fuck them over, so of course it's going to be better, but it's still concerning that even with actual support they still deliver a buggy game.

All their talent left and they went full SJW
Next game is tranny

Because their ambition far outstrips their talent. Avellone is the guy that designed the game to be that way, it's the rest of Obsidian that keeps dropping the ball. We've already seen that the shit gameplay is the end result of Josh Sawyer and his quest to suck out the fun out of everything he touches.

If there was some justice in the world someone would give Avellone a company filled with talented programmers and artists and let him go wild.

Filtered faggot

NV has been around for a while, though.

Fukken saved.

So has Fallout 4.

I think it's pretty accurate.

new vegas was so shit it literally killed the company.

I'm making fun of both of you.

Yes, a year, compared to six for NV.

Who cares about the number sold?
The real kicker there is the score difference.

Reminder that Avellone leaving doesn't really mean anything when it comes to how their games are made. New Vegas was a Sawyer project. It's his game, so to speak. When people ask Avellone about New Vegas, he says John Gonzalez had a bigger influence than him, particularly in the writing. Alpha Protocol is an Avellone game.

Wait for what Boyarski and Cain are doing, imo.

And what are they doing?

DON'T TALK TO ME OR MY WIFE'S SON EVER AGAIN!

Theyre making
TRANNY
And Fallout 4.5

Bethesda can do what they want. So far as I'm concerned, everything after New Vegas is non-canon… and the only reason I still grudgingly consider FO3 canon is because New Vegas does and some of the characters rely on it - like ED-E.

To be fair, Obsidian didn't have to build the foundation.

Kikelandian here, can confirm the elementary school plus sign but I didn't know why they used it instead. It's true apparently.

which is why he left, actually. Remember that he was one of the guys who started Obsidian, even legally speaking. And his stuff often ended in the cutting room's floor, he said that iirc. Talented people going freelance and doing practically the same job they were doing before is something pretty common in creative industries, because contracts and ownership suck.

Don't know. But Boyarski said he wanted to work on the stuff he used to make during the Black Isle days.

I'm just curious to see how they'll fuck up with the new TES, since all they seem to be doing lately is fucking up.

They're developing the mobile version of the Pathfinder Adventures Card Game which I'm quite enjoying. You can play through all the content for free with a little bit of grinding which is nice since holy shit the physical editions are expensive.

reminder that Israelis take the bottom leg off of the plus sign when they do arithmetic, because a + looks too much like a cross for them.

I'm sorry what?

I don't know why people think Obsidian will ever go near Bethesda/Zenimax ever again. Not only were they completely fucked over, they're also on the kickstarter gravy train right now.

Well I mean Obsidian didn't but a large chunk of interplay did move on to Obsidian.

He's making the argument that the pagan beliefs were central to the society. It takes time for religion to permeate. There was an emperor who tried to bring back paganism later on and got bitchsmacked by a bunch of christians, so it's not like there was no issues going on there.

Then again, ERE went hard on christianity and was prosperous for many centuries after the west fell, so I'm not sure I believe paganism being a magic pill that kept Rome healthy. I'd say it was just the way the cookie crumbled with regards to decreased urbanism and disease in the west. Constantinople got rich and the west fell apart and went rural, Roman Empire was always about the wealth of the cities, and it's not like it was ever fully, 100% stable, they relied (for example) on Egypt for so long just to feed the masses.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH YOU FUCKING NERD OR FACE BULLYING.

There is a "Skip Peragus" mod to KorOR2, you know….

*KotOR
shit

I couldnt say for sure. I only know Avellone left.

Further proof, but unspurprising considering Bethesdas track record. On top of that it seems to be a very common trend with triple A developers not to take QnA seriously, and outright ignore reports, in favor of getting the game out and maybe patching it later. Price of online games and internet/coupled with laziness and greed I spose.

Ditto Checked. So far as im concerned canonwise, fallout ended with New Vegas and the Bible is still canon.

Engine wise sure, but they largely built the lore as many of the people from interplay formed Obsidian. On top of that, they only had a year and a half to finish the game, compared to bethesda, which took IIRC 5 to 7 years for Fallout 3, and then around the same for Fallout 4.
Obsidian also added in other things into the engine, like the hand loading on the carbines, and other minutia in the game.

Exactly. Fallout 4 feels like a shitty version of New Vegas with updated gunplay and graphics, but shallow story, and rpg elements.

IIRC there was a tweet from Obsidians twitter saying they'd love another crack at a Fallout game if Bethesda let them. Guess they figure the bullshit and difficulties is worth it for Fallout.

This is true.
But to be fair as well, they DID build an entire library of new assets within the engine.

So what happened to Avellone?

dead kike on a stick

I like how people are pretending to fight with each other.

Are you trying to tell us you like New Vegas?

this is the first time i've never seen Holla Forums circlejerk over obsidian, and in fact post the absolute opposite.

all of 8ch is Holla Forums dummy

Don't you trash talk my favorite game you double nigger. Peerages was never as bad as anyone complains it to be. It was a good intro to a great story-based game, which is the pinnacle golden nugget on top of the sideshow that is the star wars EU. Fuck every single female character to exist in vidya. From Samus, to Croft, to every whore waifu in Dead or Alive. Kreia a best.

Working with Bethesda on the new Not Prey, Prey.

Peragus is actually fun and way better than the shitty Taris sequence from the first game.

They made a WoT clone set in modern times that fixed about 80% of the horrible bullshit with WoT.

Then people complained about how arty was OP since it didn't let them camp all the time, complained about how TDs actually had to move around instead of camp all the time, and complained about heavy tanks having realistic armor and speed and how they had to camp a bit more and move while supported by their team.

So in an effort to avoid camping and encourage teamplay, Obsidian nerfed TD accuracy on the move and TD speeds, nerfed the fuck out of arty and turned it into the WoT slot machine, and made heavy tanks even slower but heavy-hitting to encourage brawls.

This led to people never playing arty since it wasn't fun, people camping in TDs, and people camping in heavies rather than take a risk and brawl.

Obsidian then started churning out monthly unique paid tanks and refused to change the OPness of the MBT-70, leading to the meta shifting entirely around MBT-70s and the monthly OP tank. People left the game in droves. This killed matchmaking. Tier spreads went from +/-1 to +/-4, in a month worse than WoT. Wait times went from 1 minute to 5. People stopped playing PvP since it wasn't fun or productive, and stuck to farming XP in PvE. The game died.

Obsidian is cancer. The sooner they die, the better.

That would be PoE.

Sawyer didn't make Path of Exile, you stupid fuck.

Kreia a shit.
Utter shit.

Pillars of Eternity you utter retard

Does Pillars of Eternity ever get fun, I bet that dungeon in the first city and it was pretty boring, then went down south to some cave with fish monsters and I got raped but all in all it's pretty boring

They must be cursed or it must be hell to work with them/keep them on schedule for them to keep getting rejected for a second wind even after doing critically well recieved games that also sold well.

What the fuck are you serious? Why?

Well, that's not entirely true.

I even forget what the game is supposedly about.

All I remember is that you can turn yourself into a porcelain cup.

It's supposedly Alien Isolation + The Groundhog day

Wait, what ?

Around the 00:46 mark.

Oh, fuck, I had no idea there was a gameplay video.

It's about as underwhelming as anything I've ever seen. You turn into a cup and shoot "spiders" made of black goo with your white glue gun.

The gimmick, far as I can tell, is that enemies can mimic objects in the environment, and so can you.

They should be called Cuckedsidan?

I will never understand why that game is called Prey other than as a fuck you to Human Head.

Bethesda needs no other reason. Also, I think that Chris is working on System Shock 3.

There goes any hope I had for a revival of the golden age of Deus Ex.

This actually looks interesting to me but I don't understand why they had to put the name "Prey" on it (well, not really, I know they do this for brand recognition) and abort the previous Prey 2 project, this shit infuriates me to no end.

THIS GAME IS SO BAD.

Also fuck Avellone
Fuck Fargo
fuck anyone associated with any of these frauds.

Don't have faith in anyone from the 90s games industry anymore because they're all assholes.

Yes.
We need a purge and to start over.

The talent is filtering away. All they've got left in terms of big names is Sawyer who is a competent lead dev (i.e. big picture shit) but terrible doing his own work or writing.

While it's true Avellone was important (nigger literally wrote the book on Fallout) there are other influential names like Gonzalez that have also fucked off.

Why does this read like badly google translated text?

Feels bad man

You got me user, I enjoyed NV and I keep making typos all the time

Bungie stopped being Bungie as soon as Microsoft shafted them, don't diss Bungie.

I really hope we're being raided,

The instant a studio releases a bad game or attracts the ire of Holla Forums as Obsidian did with that censorship debacle the studio was never good. It become retroactively bad as a result of present actions.

It's how anonymous users assert their superiority.

Avelone left ,people died

They lost the trust of their true followers after Pillars of Estrogen.

Not even a minute in and you're being lectured by that woman character about how stronk she is.

It broke my immersion on the spot and as a result I dropped the game and never picked it up again.

good

Chinese commies destroyed a lot of Mongolian art and architecture. But even then the Mongols left behind plenty of things.
Kublai Khan built affordable housing in China for the poor (these houses are still in use in modern Beijing) and encouraged trade routes with the west.

The Mongols also had their own "renaissance" in the 17th century, with great minds like Zanabazar (sometimes called "The Da Vinci of the East"), who had a great impact on Tibetan Buddhism.

Holla Forums looks far too sensible for this to be accurate but otherwise spot on.

Hello Moshi my old friend.

As someone who has played the game at least a dozen times, Peragus is the worst part of that game by far.

Those are some shit opinions you have there boy.

That is profoundly stupid.

This could be an interesting mechanic.

C-Can you turn yourself into your waifu's panties?