Archive
pastebin.com/9XJ4fbm0

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History October 6

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/430856
my.mixtape.moe/wifleb.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone have the random world generator for eu3? I was looking on paradox plaza but the thread is fucked.

What is fucked about the thread? Did you go to the last page?

All of the download links I find for the random map generator for eu3 lead me to a paradox forum that just says error. It also says I dont have permission to view that page. I was just wondering if anyone had a different link from this one forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/430856

Someone posted this serayen.com/EU3/Map_Generator_2_1.rar on the last page. But it is HTTT, so it might not work.

Thanks user that is the file I was lookin for. In steam you can revert to older versions of the game so it should be fine.

Are there mods that make eu4 good yet?

Nothing removes the magic.

How to balance HOI3 MP without turning the WW2 scenario into something unrecognizable? I'm considering doing something about the excess of crude oil that Germany has.

So I'm playing as the Duke of Duchlya. One of my sisters was bethrothed to this German lord and I've been helping him defend against this other German lord. It was looking bad for us until I scrounged up some pocket change and bought about 200 mercenaries to turn the tide. Now this lord has broken off the betrothal for some reason and dissolved our alliance, however I'm still in the war. I want the pretige because I'll need it when I press my fabricated claim on Neapolis and piss off my counsel.

Now my uncle has fled into Byzantine territory to build up an army and challenge me. So I can either take the prestige hit and pull out now to build up my levies. Or I can stick with this war and risk not having the resources to defend against my uncle?

Also, any suggestions for gaining territory when I'm a tiny duchy? Even these piece-of-shit Italian counties all seem to have stronger armies than me.

Get claims, attack when the enemy is busy with another war. If the enemy is a vassal of the same liege, you can sometimes exploit your liege's wars by getting your enemys levies killed by your liege's enemy. Marrying and murdering until inheritance works too.

I am independant right now. But I only have two titles. I was thinking of swearing fealty to a stronger kingdom just to try and get myself more titles.

I was set to invade neapolis while he was busy with a war but he was defending against muslims and I didn't quite have enough piety to go through with it.

Being independent isn't really worth it for a small duchy. Better be a big fish in a liege's pond instead getting eaten in the sea.

Hmmm, But I can't swear fealty until this war ends. So maybe I should pull out and let my ex-ally get fucked. If, say, I manage to get myself a vassalage with Hungary or Croatia, will it fuck up my uncle's adventure against me?

I think so. Unless your uncle somehow counts as a vassal of your new liege.

He is Greek, so i should be fine as long as I don't swear fealty to the Byzantines. His brother did the same thing to my father and, after we broke his siege, the stupid Byzantine emperor just took my county anyway.

is stellaris a grand startegy or a glorified RTS?

Stellaris goes into 4x territory with the symmetrical starts and tech trees and shit. Planets have tiles that work a bit like Civ's cities.

It's a bad game though. don't bother, it's shallow and woefully unfinished even after several patches and paracucks have no idea what they are doing with it.

It's just shit honestly

So I went ahead and swore fealty to the king of croatia. He was at war with venice so he named me commander and then stuck me on a boat, sitting in the same spot for months because the AI is retarded. I got scurvy and my physician performed an experimental treatment which disfigured my face. Now I don't have a face anymore because I decided to become a vassal.

Added Trek Boers modifier so my Natalia->South Africa would get some immigration, here's how it's doing so far.

Switched to Military Industrial Complex and getting ready for the colonial races.

Don't become a commander and don't trust experimental treatment.

As said, you shouldn't help your liege in any way. Only accept a council positions if you want to fuck your liege up using council mechanics, too.

How to freaking beat Germany as Poland in HOI3 TFH?

B-but… I'm so brave. That duke died in a joust anyway.

Letting the AI decide what your character or heir does is a really bad idea, even if you are roleplaying (which you should, because the game is piss easy).

I didn't really foresee the downside to accepting title of commander, aside from risk of being imprisoned. I figured helping in sieges might bring up my chance of getting titles, like in Mountain Blade. Now that I've been playing for a bit, I see how piss poor the AI is.

wew, Reaper's Due seems quite funny. I should try it

Yeah, the NPCs likes becoming a commander, so why not you too? And then they get sent on suicide missions in order to destabilize their inheritance.

Is HOI4 bad?

Only if you can handle the memes.

Yes.

It's great, buy all the DLC.

Worst Paradox title

for now

Do you mind telling me why? A friend recommended it to me.

Casualization, retarded mechanics, so undone they don't even have the proper leaders of many countries. It is a DLC Simulator for monkeys.

Combat is utter shit, casualised like never before, the game gives you buffs if you let the armies be fucking AI controlled (needless to say that the AI is retarded), so if you controll them manually, you get penalised, idea trees are, in reality, only there to replace events and decisions, so you end up with the majors (and Poland because memes) having this shit, while literally every other country gets the same, generic shit-tree and zero flavour. That's right - there is NO flavour for ANY minor. It's all just majors. Then you get a peace conference where each country nabs territory according to its contribution in the war, except it's, again, retarded, so if you go ahead and masterfully capture an entire country with few losses, you won't get shit because Italy decided to spend the entire war attacking fortified mountains and lost a million men, which gives it 90% of war contribution. The tech tree is also considerable smaller and simplified. There's more, but this is the major shit. Especially the fucking encouragement to let AI play for you, fuck. You think it can't be that bad, but you don't understand - handing over warfare to AI is one of the core mechanics of HoI4. You're just supposed to draw battleplans (half of which are, again, later maintained by the AI) and watch the sprites march. Fucking attrocious.

Someone said Victoria 2?

You need to go back.

That is it. Now you are getting forcefully deported.

Go out and get beheaded by a cartel please.

Good work attaining the rightful borders in North America.

Is there something similar to Theatrum Orbis Terrarum that is compatible with Divine Wind?

Guess the wall with Mexico is going to be a lot more expensive now

havent looked at hoi4 since release

is it fixed

no

It's meant to be the way it is, just like EUIV.

Fixing it implies Paradox sees anything wrong with the mechanics to begin with.

No, but it will totally be playable in 4 years if you buy all 2000 DLCs.

Piracy is illegal, and immoral, and should never be done under any circumstances.

Well, someone else does the pirating. I just download the pirated software.

t. pedophile

Hey. If it's a crime to simply masturbate to another crime somebody else committed, then I guess that's just the world we're living in.

Trust me. I got it.

Fuck you man.

Let's Make Byzantium Great Again

What should our first course of action be lads?

Purge the heathens!

The heathens have 24k troops
We have 6k troops
I doubt thats a great idea !

Make more Greeks

Making more Greeks at the capital
Look like an easy target, go for it?

its gonna be a fast campaign

Can we marry Nikaea to one of our Komnenoi waifus to eventually unfuck the borders without a war, or do they despise us too much?

Would the Latins be up for it, for that matter?

Why not. As long as they have no allies and Sakaktvelo- is that Georgia or Armenia at this point in in time?- won't be peeved at us. Check if it's a claim of theirs.

Oh. This is bad, isn't it?

We can gas the kikes and get 600 shekels, after that I can try hiring some mercs, or just besiege their provinces and escape with boats

Why not both? Never exert yourself more than absolutely necessary. You need the troops to survive a direct confrontation, but you need to avoid said confrontation if you can help it, at least until you find favorable conditions that'll let you wipe them.

Really, though, do the Latins seem inclined to a marriage that'll get you inheriting? I get the feeling that if you try to finish the reconquest that Rum will immediately come in for the killing blow a couple hundred years early right when you've got all of your troops in Greece.

FML

Dude remove the stupid pagan churkastanis and get in bed with Alania.

Also get in bed with the good churkas from georgia/armenia.

Im trying mate, but I got 2 wars going on, at least Georgia or whatever the fuck it is in HIP is helping me, im winning the first war, but those damned kebabs will make me lots of trouble, problem is i cant control allied troops so Ill have to stick with them or they will get removed

ALRIGHT CHAPS ITS HAPPENING

awwww yisss

I bet that scroll was written by a swede faggy elf. What's the difference anyways?

welp rum cheated its way
just captured some provicnes got 100% and won by winning a fight an ally gave
whatever

did kebab fuck you up?

My duchy just got usurped by Keanu Reeves. What do?

Fuck his wife

Kill his wife. Kill his mother. Kill his heir.

Well I suck at this game so I was going to do that anyway.

they took one province, recruiting retinues now, heavy cav+ horse archers all the way to fuck shit up

cd6698's posts got me thinking, who are the true heirs to the Roman Empire? (In the 1300's that is.) After the empire was restored in the late 1200's, the Palaiologoi took over, right? Whilst the Komnenoi remained in Trebizond with an 'Empire' of sorts of their own.

I know the two clans were closely related and I think the Komnenoi even made the Despotate of Epirus after that whole (((Latin Empire))) ordeal was over (With a half Greek, half frog guy related to them.)

Veritas et Fortitudo allows you to play as either in their grand campaign (it's a mod for EU4, pretty good), but it starts in the year 1309. I'm unsure which one to pick as Trebizond now has different ideas than those in the vanilla game (seriously -10% cost to mil tech and -10% all tech, plus they are now an 'all around' nation with mil, trade and production bonuses) and Byzantium has a shitton of cores to reclaim where the kebab has taken over. Seems the BYZ starting position is far easier with this mod, but you begin at war with osman (ottomans)

Turkey inherited the Roman Empire from the Ottomans. ISIS will defeat the Turks at Dabig.

Forgot the screencap

Roman empire -> Byzantine empire -> russian claim

The Russian claiming they are the third Rome is bullshit too. Rome died with Constantine XI and Constantinople.

Finland.

So which Finn can be traced back to Octavian?

This is how the Second Mexican-American War ends, paco.

Senadus Bobulusgue Romanug

I wouldn't mind Cuba, Baja California and Oaxaca-Yucatan for that sweet Mayan pussy, but the rest of Mexico is shit-tier. I'd rather let the US take in Liberia than North/Central Mexico.

That "sweet mayan pussy" isn't staying in the new borders for even a moment. Trail'O'Tears 2.0, budday.

What about in the 1300's which is the start of the VeF campaign? The Komnenoi (per se) stopped ruling in the late 1100's (with the Angeloi ruling till the 4th crusade) and gtfo to the Pontic Alps during the 4th crusade, and then the Palaiologoi took over in the after that whole krusader kikery had subsided (The Laskaris taking over from Nicaea and Michael VIII Palaiologos doing a coup on the young Laskaris emperor and then restoring the Byzantine Empire in 1260.)

The Palaiologoi were closely related to the Komnenoi (not a cadet branch, but they intermarried a lot with them.) Could it be said the Komnenoi from Trebizond are the true heirs of the late (and crumbling) Byzantine Empire? or are the Palaiologoi the true heirs instead (Restoring the empire from crusading kikes and ruling it to the very end)?

I imagine it's Komnenoi if you're a purist and/or legitimist, Palaoilogoi if you're a pragmatist. The former will probably make for a more interesting campaign what with the underdog status. You say that Trebizond gets all-rounder ideas instead of the old diplo ones, though I don't know how many of the diplo ideas stick around or are replaced. That'll probably serve for a better hard start followed by protracted war against everybody in your would-be borders.

Remove the stink from Anatolia after Rum & Byzantium chew each other up by getting scads of alliances as Trebizond, then marry into and usurp the Palaoilogoi with a personal union/princessfus. That's my suggestion.

I see that Chicanos are taking their homelands back after taking over the US

Noice

noice

Problem is: BYZ has cores all over Western Anatolia, you see all those shitty beyliks? BYZ has got core all over them, except for candar, eshref and ankara. They also have cores on my land.

It really is a topic one can ponder for a while, though. The Komnenoi were already in decline by the 1180's, but they were one of the greatest dynasties (if not THE greatest dynasty) the Eastern Roman Empire ever hand. Whereas the Palaiologoi rose from the bottom (although not quite like the Komnenoi) and climbed their way up to glory (via marriages and at the end in a very abrupt manner after they deposed John IV Laskaris) while restoring the Empire from the ((('Latin' occupation')))

Also, the new TRE bonuses are:
trade_efficiency = 0.10
global_tax_modifier = 0.1

infantry_power = 0.2

mil_tech_cost_modifier = -0.1
improve_relation_modifier = 0.15

global_own_trade_power = 0.1

technology_cost = -0.1
advisor_pool = 1

defensiveness = 0.25

heir_chance = 0.5

cavalry_power = 0.15
army_tradition = 0.5

prestige = 2 (this one's called 'The True Successor' kek)

Pretty 'all around' if you ask me, just like good ol' BYZ, considering the limited set of ideas a country can get with VeF (can only choose one from say cavalry/infantry/artillery, stuff like that), BYZ ideas remain the same.

The only thing I dislike about this TRE is that the provincial dynamic names don't work with them. If you take Anatolian clay with BYZ, all the stupid glüglüglöglökhan turko-mongol names turn into beautiful 'Armeniakon' and 'Sinope', whereas with TRE they remain that way. A small price to pay I gotta say, because once you take over the Palaiologoi BYZ all those shitty names will change.

Why does such an interesting genre of games have to be dominated by a company with such absurdly Jewish business practices?

Ah. So, not likely for them to go for a personal union without some serious diplomatic work. Probably not at all. What would the plan be, then? Northern Black Sea blobbing while allying/union'ing the Caucasian states, hoping to sort out Rum, Byz, or both before the Mongols & Turkomen start making a mess of you?

Any company that gets a monopoly on a genre will turn jewish. Even if the original developers have truly pure hearts and resist the call of the shekel, filthy kikes will smell blood and join the company and subvert it.

Gonna vassalize some good orthodox churkas (or even nabbing their shit altogether) and take both Pervane and Candar (BYZ holds no cores in Candar and Pervane's unlikely to be nabbed by them before I manage to fabricate a claim)

Rum is a vassal of the Ilkhanate, so it's unlikely they'll try to fuck my shit up from the very beginning.

Afterwards I could either ally/pu/vassalize Cilicia (they're Armenians, 'Nestorian' territories [seems like Nestorian is a placeholder for their church, as they are Apostolic, a kind of Miaphysite] with a Catholic aristocracy), as well as mingling with Epirus, Thessaly, Achaea or Attica before BYZ tries to nab 'em.

From my short playthroughs, Osman usually beats the shit outta BYZ -be it at the very beginning or after they grow big- and usually take over non-Rum Anatolia because they've got permanent claims all over. I think a funny strategy would be force-vassalizing a turkshit minor and feed 'em Anatolia. It's gonna take a long while though, because vassal feeding has now been 'nerfed' (it was OP to begin with anyway), so I'll have to end up forcing Orthodoxy into my turkshit lapdog in order to integrate.

I could also ally either Serbia or Bulgaria since they hate BYZ's guts (they have the 'historical enemy' or whatever tag on their codes, against BYZ). After that I'd pray for a PU with either.

Osman (Ottomans) is gonna be a problem, though. If BYZ don't fuck them up (they usually don't because they're OP as fuck, seriously like +15% discipline from the very beginning and a buncha manpower outta their hairy turk anuses), I'm gonna have to do so, I think they're my best candidates for a bitchvassal since they get stupid OP bonuses.

Shit's gonna be hard, m8.

Also the Golden Horde (named in the mod as Kipchak for some reason) is more likely to give me trouble, because the Ilkhanate usually collapses within the first 50 years after gamestart, whereas GOL begins to collapse in the 1400's when the Russian states begin to fuck them up. And because I'm gonna be nabbing shit to the north in churkastan, the GOL's probably gonna try to get my clay unless we get friendly.

Gonna have to use one (or both) of the big hordes to keep myself safe.

Speaking of dynamic province names, does anyone know how to mod those?

I can't stand those stupid turkish names all over my Trebizondian Anatolia.

This Churka term is probably the strangest epithet I've heard thus far. Why are Caucasians called a block of wood? Do they have the skin tone of one? The temperament? Do they make a slightly hollow sound when you knock on them?

Such is life in Greek Anatolia. At least it'll be more interesting than a standard Byzzie playthrough. After you manage to get a good run as Trebizond, you could always try your hands at the Gothic Crimean colony of Theodoro.

It's a demonym for Caucasians and Central Asians (steppeniggers) in Russia, kinda used as 'nigger' in america but not as severe. It's basically to anyone who's of a darker skintone than the usually pale slavity slav, and comes from central asia/caucasus. It's also usually used to denote stupidity (stupid as a block of wood) amongst foreign immigrants from those particular areas, so if by any case a Caucasian immigrant doesn't behave badly, he won't be called a churka since it's only reserved for the shitty folk, kinda like the nigger/black person dichotomy in the US.

Sadly Theodoro ain't in VeF, Crimea is just 3 provinces: Caffa/Theodosia (Pontic culture under Genoan control), Crimea (Pontic culture under GOL control) and Or Qapi/Perekop (Crimean Tatar culture under GOL control), I could cheat by adding back the Gothic culture into either three.I believe Caffa/Theodosia to be the most suitable candidate since Perekop and Crimea are too far to the north.

Historically the Principality of Theodoro was a small chunk of the in-game province of Caffa/Theodosia, more specifically the sout-westernhernmost part of the peninsula. Since the Doros/Theodoro province was removed from the game by VeF (bullshit) and I don't know how to mod the map and I'm too lazy to learn, I could just mod Caffa/Theodosia into a Gothic-majority (or even leaving the province fully Pontic Greek, Crimean Goths weren't too many back then) and cored by Theodoro, but controlled by Genoa. Seems like a solid plan.

But only once I learn how to change the dynamic region names. I honestly dislike the turkish names when coring Anatolian clay with Trebizond.

For some reason I can't add Theodoro into VeF, Gothic culture shows (they're now under Germanic instead of Byzantine), but the stupid core in Kaffa (640) won't show.

The worst part is that I added Armenia into the game (same story as with FEO, not in-game), and the cores show and works as intended in the Armenian provinces.

I've been trying to get into stellaris and it's growing on me.
There's something about a protective advanced AI overlord following your outdated corvettes on a rampage through enemy territory that is frankly hilarious. And the bizarrely inept enemy AI actually somehow makes the whole thing playable.

I almost never play a gsg game without messing around with the music files first. Does anybody think it would be worth if I made a mod to change Vic2/EU4/DH/etc's soundtrack? Maybe throw in some Alexander Gradsky's proposed anthem here, some Semper Fidelis there, it'll be a grand ol' time to go with your grand ol' rag.

A shame, but what can you do. Don't let it distract you too much. How goes Trebizond?

I didn't even start, spend a whole ~4 hours 'tweaking' the game here and there to my autistic likings; mostly provinces with illogical or inaccurate resources, wrong religions (like Yazd and Kerman not being Zoroastrian]), historical rivalries/friendships (like Georgia being pals with Trebizond, and Genoa being 'allies' with BYZ [it's hard to describe their relationship, it would be something along the lines of 'I'd rather trade with the Greeks than with the bloodthirsty mohammedan barbarians']) and few missing centers of trade and such. I'll get to it tomorrow.

I just turn the music off and play whatever, it seems way easier than modifying music files.

Good lord. At that point, you might as well start cataloguing changes & refer the modders to the patch you've made.

I'd be alright with the Jewishness. I'm not okay with the SocJuice.

Also, any other Ironman friendly mods I might want?

A less meme game

How the fuck is CK2 a meme game.

There are way too many Turks in this game. I mean, fuck, "sea of grass" my ass, it's a "sea of turks"!

never played any GS game

which should i play?
maybe some entry level mod?

EU3.

dubs of truth.

I've changed so much shit I can't remember all the stuff that has been modified.

all of them

Fucking finally, now I can start muh Trebizond.

Most Finns consider Kusti Kaisu Kaheksainen their ancestor, true.

Downloaded EU4 from Mega archive.

Crashes at launcher.

It's better that way.

dont bullty pls
jyst help meeeeeeee

Did you try not pirating it? Paradox deserve compensation for all their hard work. :^)

Just pay hundreds of dollars for the game and all of its DLC

Download from rus then. It might be because it is lacking the registry, but I am pretty sure it is suppose to be able to work anyway. Also that is 1.15 with the newest DLCs, and 1.15 is not the newest patch. I tried to make something that maybe bypasses the territory shit. Never played it beyond testing it if it works, though.

Here we fucking go:

First 10 years after gamestart (~1314)

19 years after gamestart:

1328 (rite nao):

Nice. Looks like careful, steady dismantling of the remaining Beys from here on, if all goes well. I wasn't aware that early Turkish-held Anatolia was so politically balkanized, though. There's a billion petty kings beside Rum kicking around.

Have you ever occupied territories for a long period of time (+4 years) even after you get a 100% because you fear nabbing some pieces of land will upset the pissy neighbors? Because that's what I did, I made sure to be on good terms with fucking everyone in Anatolia. Even improved relationships with the Mamelukes just in case (because they're muslim as well, you know how stupid coalitions are…)

Grabbed Optimatoi and Bithynia all for myself (Trebizond now looms near Constantinople), returned Biga to Karesi so BYZ doesn't get a hold of it. Nasty strait crossing malus for BYZ, though they managed to get a hold of Neokastra and Thrakesion (which are in the Anatolian coast) but at least they won't get a direct access to those territories. Also, Osman is now safely contained within my territories, I don't want to say the ottoman threat has now been neutralized (they're seriously fucking OP) because one never knows, but it's safe to assume they won't be recovering in a while unless they ally someone such as the Golden Horde or the Mamelukes.

It was, but the ottomans were cunning (and powerhungry) enough to unite them by conquest. I think the last beylik fell around in the late 1400's; The Dulkadirids or the Ramazanids, either two. They were some sort of buffer state for the Mamelukes and ottomans.

How much do Byzantium and the Greek states hate you? Will you be able to avoid a war with the other Orthodox rulers and union with them, or are you screwed into having to eat them like the Beyliks?

BYZ is a lost cause when it comes to a PU, They're my historical rivals so no alliances or anything of that sort. The Greek states don't hate me at all, Thessaly, Attica (Athens) and Achaea are completely neutral and Epirus holds very friendly relations towards me; after taking the western anatolian coast (and once I get to integrate Georgia and the goyturks), I'll seek to form alliances with Epirus with a possible vassalization. The other smaller greek states are allied to both of my balkan allies, and Attica is allied to Aragon and Venice which is troublesome.

As for other Orthodox rulers, I'm allied and married with Serbia, Bulgaria (they both hate BYZ's guts, historical rivals) and I'm guaranteeing Circassia (Also Orthodox) so the GOL doesn't consume them.

Gonna attempt seizing Biga once my relations with the rest of the beyliks are in the green.

GRAND strategy game 7

joel is the worst streamer

silva is the best memer

Welp, just got dragged into a war against BYZ by my Bulgarian friends, hopefully they'll give me Paphlagonia in the peace agreement since I've got a claim and the province doesn't cost much.

Let's see if I can get a warscore high enough to make a sweet deal under the table for Constantinople, at the expense (hopefully not) of a broken alliance with Bulgaria.

Give us the battle results in addition to the border changes, if it please you. As far as getting a better title, do you still have to take the 'Restore Byzantium' decision after eliminating them as a state as in vanilla and eat +1 national unrest, or can you usurp it in an alternative fashion what with having a firmer claim than any old Greek Orthodox state?

Almost cleared a billion.

That's one big dong

How to genocide people?

I'm a newfag when it comes to strategy games and I plan on getting started with CK2, what are some tips to help me be not complete dogshit at it?

Nope, in order to become BYZ, I gotta take that Restore Byzantium decision. I need to destroy them first, annex all their territories and actually nab Constantinople. In my tweaking spree, I had restored the old 10/10/10 development values back to Constantinople as the used to be 4/5/6 which is bullshit, and now the place is nigh-impenetrable (as it should be IMO) due to some modifier bonuses added by the mod (+4 attrition, fort lvl 3, local defensiveness +150%), so I now need an 18k stack in order to crack it open. I think it's more realistic this way, because it's almost impossible to take it over without artillery.

These are the results, annexed all of BYZ's anatolian territories. Couldn't get the aegean islands, but I'll get to it later. Also, the pissy turks formed yet another coalition against me, even though our relations were in the green. Gotta appease those fags again.

And Bulgaria didn't mind me bailing out of the war, they still remain allied to me.

After appeasing the turkshits, I'll try to annex Karesi in order to unite my western anatolian territories.

There is a reason the Turks could do nothing but encircle it until they got cannons of their own. And it still took them a few good goes at it to finally manage the feat, only taking the city once they had bombards from the variously described German or Hungarian 'Dacian' cannonmaker Orban that could shake the rubble-packed totally walls apart.

Any diploannexing opportunities as of yet? How's the map looking in general? I'd guess that Western Europe is a clusterfuck and the northeast is one awful Golden Horde blob, as per what I imagine is the usual.

Custom events, editing your save, or just altering defines to convert pops to primary culture at a ludicrously high rate (which affects everyone, but whatever).

HPM, be a commie or fascist dictatorship, or an absolute monarchy with reactionaries in power.

I'm still in process of easing relationships with both Georgia and the goodgoyturks, VeF adds this new mechanic that makes diplo-annexation more difficult: you have to ease-up relations and meet certain 'requirements' such as same religion and shit like that. I'll have to eventually force Orthodoxy upon my cockroach vassals and you can bet they ain't gonna like that.

As fore Europe, look at this clusterfuck. The Golden Horde (Kipchak) is still right on its prime (they usually begin to crumble in the early 1400's), Lithuania still follows the Romuva faith, Muscovy's still a fledgling while Novgorod stands strong and it seems that Brandenburg is gonna be fighting Austria pretty soon for HRE control.

Swiss supremacy soon.

Can somebody post those EU3 guide images?

My mappainting dick is pleased. Here's hoping they become the victorious Slavblob so you can wring some extra cash out of flourishing northerly overland trade while you hang onto the Black Sea coastal provinces. How the hell is Brandenburg getting ready to paint the map gray already, though? Aren't they a good five or six hundred years early?

Is Armenia doing well relative to the game start? They're looking a little troubled over there, awash in a sea of imploded Ilkhanate shrapnel.

Playing with a soviet mod for HOI4
Go Anti-fascist diplomacy and steamroll the Baltics and Finland. Ultimate goal was to invade Germany before 1940
Start preparing to invade Poland to get land border with Reich proper
Poland is guaranteed by Britain. Fuck it
Start invading. Its going well until Britain ferrys in around 30 divisions
My armies are doing terrible because they still have purge penalties
But I get lucky and I invade Danzig coast and the unit that was defending Danzig moves away to recapture some territory I'd taken
I ferry in 10 divisions
Poland capitulates and I finish the entire British army off in Poland then invade Britain itself from Scotland and encounter hardly any resistance because all of its divisions have been destroyed
I end up puppetting Britain, the Raj and taking away the good resource states of Britain all by 1939

Armenia is my ally (they're doing just fine) and their king just died with no heir. A Komnenos just ascended to the throne (because they've been hanging in Kebab territory with no other possible royal marriages), so I could either throw their alliance to the trashbin and claim their throne, or wait till a healthy 20-year old Armenian Komnenos dies. Gonna opt for the first option.

Dunno about Brandenburg, I know they're available from the gamestart, but I haven't really followed what has been going on in Europe.

A lot has happened: The black death arrived, went batshit on the turks and annexed a bunch of beyliks (Which caused the remaining states to form yet another coalition against me, but this time BYZ joined the coalition. At least I got to get rid of Osman this time), finally got to claim Armenia's throne (Sweet PU) and now Cilicia has a king with no heir (I hope he dies from the black plague so I can also get into a PU with them.)

Life's good.

You know, there's a rather natural shape forming there. The coasts are all still Turk-ruled Christian Greeks in population or at least potentially somewhat less troubling Levantines, at least as an initially small annexed minority, because the Mamluks are quite troubling, while the mountain core of Anatolia is Turkic through and through, right?

Do you think you could set about landlocking the rest of the Beyliks, then balkanize them to the smallest states possible, and then force-vassalizing them for later easy proselytization & subsequent integration? Skips the hassle of trying to integrate all that territory at once and maybe some AE, while still reaping the benefits of manpower & money to some degree. Also puts less stress on your administration, meaning Crimea and the Greeks can come into the fold faster.

You'd have to get them bite sized enough so that they don't effectively form up the same coalition they are now and thus decide to autorevolt and somehow have to wrest Mar'Ash from the Mamluks, of course, but is that idea sound?

Yeah the coast is all Orthodox Greek down to Fethiye, after that it's turks then Armenians from Seleucia till Anavarza (They're Christian, though. Nestorians to be more specific.) And the hinterlands of Anatolia are Turkish, sans a few Armenian, Kurdish and Cappadoccian (Another Greek Ethnicity) provinces.

As for landlocking the beyliks, that's exactly what I had thought. Somehow manage to strike that PU with Cilicia (Or get advanced enough to vassalize them) and take the 4 remaining provinces whilst releasing a few nations. Shame Rum will remain somewhat big, but at least they'll be weakened from a few missing Armenian and Dulkadirid provinces.

Also, it doesn't actually matter if I get them bite-sized enough, they'll still form a coalition and since the Mamluks already made me their rival I must tread with caution (BYZ already joined a kebab koalition against me, if the Mamelukes are my rivals, that'll give them an incentive to join it as well.) Still, the option of balkanization is the most sensible right now, that way the beys will get to fight each other and because I'm gonna warn them, the job annexation will be easier. Unless they decide to stay put because the big teal blob is looming right over them.

Wait, the Mamelukes didn't rival me. But I have the option to rival them, I think I'm gonna refrain from doing so because they now have friendly relations towards me.

Maybe I'll be able to get an alliance with them for future BYZ beatings.

Aaand Bulgaria dragged into another war against BYZ. At least this will force a truce between us, negating his membership to the kebab koalition. Let's see what can I nab from them this time.

Rum won't break into any smaller de jure pieces then? You're feeding bits of them to Armenia, but you can't release the Kurds? Shame, it looked like you could break them in half going by the size of the surrounding statelets. To clarify the bite sized part, I was largely referring to lowering the combined vassal power of the force-vasalized Bey in the farther future by disunifying the administrations and hence screwing their individual military budgets, making them less likely to chain-revolt, but I'll take your word on it.

Keep an eye on your AE before taking things, obviously, but Thrace and the province south of it would always be good. Make Constantinople into a big pocket. One you won't actually attack any time soon, but you could maybe put a big army- mercenaries hired for the duration of each campaign, possibly- that they can't hope to attack in Thrace and go doom carpeting the rest, or else kick around their army in the rest of Greece if that's easier, still gives them something to do that isn't pursuing you if they're dumb enough to siege down Thrace instead of winning the campaign.

Is Bulgaria chewing off territory that ought to be yours, at least yours in the immediate future, by chance? That might be troublesome later on if they have your cores and it tanks relations, I'm not sure if that's a thing. Further, do player reformed Byzantines gain the Historical Rival malus against the Serbs, Bulgars and so on? I don't imagine so, but it's worth asking.

Guess who just crossed the pond.

Yeah Bulgaria's being troublesome at this point, they're probably gonna annex more shit (possibly Macedonia since I took Thrace.) At this point I hope they get mad at me and break the alliance/royal marriage. Their only ally is Epirus which could be easily vassalized by foce, and Bulgaria by themselves don't pose much of a threat. What I had planned to do was chew BYZ enough, vassalize one of the greek states and save Constantinople for the very end, just like our beloved turkshits did, all while keeping Bulgaria and Serbia in control. As I said, Bulgaria only has one ally, but Serbia has Hungary, Thessalia and I think one of the guys in Transylvania, so they ought to give me a bit more trouble.

I'd imagine I'll be getting the historical rival malus with both Serbs and Bulgars once I become BYZ (Along with 'friendly' relationships with the happy merchants). Might want to hold a bit to the Trebizondian title once I get to control both Slavs and pasta kikes.

I think it's enough for today, tomorrow I'll see the conclusion of the war I just bailed out from and quite possibly begin messing with Genoa for the Crimean holdings along with the release of Theodoro.

Oh, and forgot to add, both the goy-turks and Georgia are ripe for annexation. I'll feed Gazikumukh to Georgia and some more Beyliks to the goyturks once my AE is low enough.

Theodoro is Gothic culture right? Do you "get" anything from that?

Pay up goyim. No refunds!

Sadly I forgot to add the Gothic culture to Caffa. The province remains Pontic, thus Theodoro's core will disappear in about 100 years. Gotta fix that,

The only thing I'm gonna be getting is a very sad vassal whose primary culture remains a minority even within their own territories.I'm unsure if I should be a scrub and add the Gothic culture by console command. I mean, Crimean Goths were few in numbers, and the surrounding areas were mostly populated by Greeks, Bulgars and Tatars, so I guess it does make sense the Goth-ruled territories had little krauts in them since in VeF the province of Caffa is comprised of both Doros/Mangup (The Gothic principality) and Caffa/Theodosia proper.

However, I did add Gothic as an accepted culture to both Byzantium and Trebizond, so technically they should be received with open arms. I also added Armenians (I think earlier versions of the mod also had Albanians and Georgians as an accepted cultures) to both accepted culture lists to achieve more historical accuracy (Armenians were listed under the 'Byzantine' culture group, it seemed like bullshit to me, they're supposed to be in the Caucasian group.)

This is what's left of BYZ. I'm laying the bases of both my Bulgarian and Epirote spy networks for future us. The plan here is to declare war on Thessaly -who are allied with Bulgaria- and annex all their provinces; I'll also grab some Bulgarian clay while I'm at it.

Byzantium will be left for the very end, I'll probably take Laconia and their Aegean islands whilst leaving Constantinople for later conquest. For now, I'll leave Anatolia be because my AE is pretty high (-100+ relations), Thessaly will be far easier to expand to; everyone in the Greek peninsula loves me.

Where can I get this VeF mod?
I tried going on the paradox forums but I don't have access and I cant see it in the pastebin

That's some pretty cool stuff there m8.
By the way, in EU4 what kind of armies do you make ? I mean x/y/z infantry, cav, art?

Please try a little harder.

Please, delete yourself.

I should kill myself, just saw the downloaded website.
Thanks m8

Seems like Switzerland in HPM doesn't have proper casus belli choices, I thought it was because I was landlocked but that wasn't it.

I don't have access to place in the sun, unequal treaty in China and can't demand concession from uncivilized nations. I can from uncivs that I border, but I also can for some reason puppet them which I've never seen before. Any ideas?

It's related to colonial power.

A lot of shit has happened in the last decades:

FML
steam downloader isnt working
FOR THAT ONE PARTICULAR MOD
pls help

nice
Make Komnenoi Great Again

I took over the alien's home world and a couple colonies. When I did this, I 'interrogated' the xeno filth and stole their star charts and now I have to find every colony in there. Inside the red is what I had before I began my crusade against the swamp dog people. Everything outside of might hold a colony.

Switzerland is neutral in HPM so it's meant to not enter wars.

Also that flag box mod is hideous and you should feel bad fol using it.

TRUHEIRS
R
U
H
E
I
R
S

Bulgaria has been safely contained. Next comes yet another cleansing of Anatolia (After my manpower recovers) as well as integrating my goyturk vassal, hopefully I'll get rid of the stupid turks once and for all. Also, gotta get good relations with Naples and my Mediterranean neighbors in order to avoid coalitions against me, that would be disastrous.

Is that Eu3 or Eu4?

RandomHoI
Map: my.mixtape.moe/wifleb.7z

We should agree on the time we start, because I'm confused about it.

I've tried searching for this numerous times. What is this?

EU4 with the Veritas et Fortitudo mod.

Dwarf Fortress

Autism.

Is there any place to download this? The paradox forums don't work and the workshop downloader isn't working either.

It's in the OP m8

I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to the game itself, but the mod. I did find a way to download the old version, though.

Have you tried looking at the picture that is always posted when a new gsg starts?

The mod's still in the OP's pastebin, latest version and all.

See

Crimea when? Are the Golden Horde going to start waning already, or what? We're not really behind schedule for their collapse since it's not the 1420s, but they don't seem to have lost any ground at all. It's almost like the mongols are filling the empire-despoiling void left by the Ottomans when you nipped them in the bud. What are the Russian states doing? Kiev looked like it wasn't having a good time while Muscovy is still piddly along with the other princelings, but how's Novgorod?

Oh, I apologise, I appear to be retarded then.

Right fucking now, just threatened war (two times already) for Caffa and Matrega.

A few years back, Cilica finally fell into a PU, so I'm now the owner of both Armenias, Georgia, Circassia and the goyturks. I'm in the process of peacefully vassalizing Athens and after lowering my AE a bit, I'm gonna finish off both Bulgaria and Epirus, hopefully vassalizing Wallachia as well (since Bulgaria is allied to both Wallachia and Epirus), afterwards I'll have to start messing with Serbia over their Greek holdings. Cyprus I will save for later.

The only stuff left in Greece are Corfu (held by Naples, fabricating a claim at this very moment), Cyclades (Held by Venice, threatened war for both Euboea and Crete a few years back), and Scio (Held by Genoa, can't quite threaten for war right now as I just did so over Caffa)

Novgorod I assume is near death (No allies or land whatsoever), Muscovy actually got fuckhuge and I'll be allying them soon once I alleviate my diplomatic relations pool, I'd say Muscovy doing fairly good… As for Kiev, they're just fine, they actually allied BYZ so a war between us will come sooner than later (BYZ now is just Constantinople, so they joined their trade league. Yes, Kiev is a merchant republic)

Europe is finally taking off, also look at that fucking Pskov kek, they usually get fucked up by the Livonian Krauts, and poor Lithuania abandoned their old gods. Also both Halych and Galich are vassals of Kipchak, the monster made them Sunni, which is disgusting and unnatural just like Bosnians.

Np, been in that same situation before. The sticky's there for a reason.

Oh. Neat. Is Kipchak/GH a paper tiger, then? They folded a little easy for how big they are, but it is mostly steppe.

Is the encircle/vassal/convert/annex shtick working as far as streamlining the process of subjugating the Turks? I imagine as much, considering you keep eating them without too much trouble.

Are the Mamluks ready to implode like the Ilkhanate yet? It's strange that they haven't gone after you through the process of totally fucking the other Muslim states in your mutual vicinity, good relations or no. Too busy with their own contenders? Schismatic Sunni/Shia political bullshit, maybe?

pic related

How do you start with Trebizond? I tried a handful of times but always ended up getting kebab'd too fast or one of either Circasia or Georgia eats me. Not to mention everyone and their mother goes warning me.

Kipchak's gonna start crumbling right fucking now after I ally with Muscovy. Gotta get that sweet Crimean pussy. Remember they're a stupid horde, and hordes usually crumble after a few of their khans die, just to get replaced by a stronger confederation of steppeniggers.

As for the Mamelukes, they've been my allies for nearly 40 years, that's the reason they never joined any coalitions; though I still had to appease them with gifts and diplomacy a few times when my AE got ridiculously high after annexing like 6 beyliks all at once.

As for turk subjugation, I'd say diplomatically vassalize a minor 1 province beylik and feed it a big chunk of anatolia, then for the rest of the beyliks, break them up while releasing as many independent beys as possible. Take their coasts first (As most are Greek Orthodox), then form a little corral of landlocked cockroaches; careful with coalitions, though.
From my experience, in VeF they're pissy as fuck, so keep good relations with them, whilst sending as many gifts as your fledgling empire allows.
I'm in no way efficient, because I mostly did everything by opportunity; take for example the last stand they held against me: Rum was allied with the Karamanids (Who were allied with Dulkadir) and formed a coalition against me -along with Teke, Dulkadir and Qara-Qoyunlu- but due to the good relations I had with the Karamanids, they (Karaman) quickly left the coalition after I appeased them just right enough. The short-lived coalition didn't last long, as Teke and Dulkadir left right after Karaman. I took that opportunity to beat the shit outta them, dragged Karaman, Rum and Dulkadir into a war. Then I declared war to Teke who didn't have any allies.
I waited just long enough to raise relations with Qara-Qoyunlu back in the green and sued for peace; that's how I annexed the rest of the turkish Anatolian provinces right after annexing a bunch of other shitty minor beyliks I had released.

And as for any stupid Schismatic heathen fights: I pay no mind to those, yet. However, I will in the near future; after Crimea and the Balkans are mine comes the Holy Land. I saw some Moldavian rebels broke off of Transylvania, I'll see if I can diplomatically vassalize Moldavia and feed them the Transylvanian and Wallachian provinces. I'd do so with Wallachia, but they still have the Bassarab Dynasty… Which is a shame because I wanted to remove kebab along with Papa Vlad. Another reason for my vassalization of Moldavia is because it's far bigger than Wallachia, and has cores on both Kipchak, Hungary and Transylvania.

I fear the Teutons are gonna form Prussia far too early in the game and roflstomp the fuck outta everything in their path, just look at them.

user, please BYZ responsibly. Others might find themselves soiling their undergarments upon seeing your Roman might.

With the VeF mod, Trebizond is far easier (still reasonably hard, harder than BYZ actually) to pull off: you begin with the rank of empire (Trebizond was historically an empire), and you have a favorable position to expand into Anatolia due to all the warring independent beyliks (and Osman doesn't hate you yet, so that's a plus). Though rapid expansion is a pain in the ass because said beyliks will team together upon seeing how much of a thread you pose (gotta keep appeasing with diplomacy). Also Osman (proto-ottomans) is OP as fuck, just like the normal ottomans from vanilla. They had taken over the Anatolian parts of BYZ and some other shitty beyliks in under 10 years, so you gotta kill them first or block their advance somehow; I did so by guaranteeing all the guys around them, so their only option was to expand into Greece, which they didn't do due to their still fledgling state.

thats right

Oh, you're playing on a modded earlier start date, I see. I didn't check in the corner, my bad. Think there's any hope for getting them off the ground in vanilla, or is it too late for them by that point?

How do you even play EU4 with that territory shit?

inb4 you don't

I'm playing EU3 as Aquilea the theocracy next to Venice.

A problem I have is every battle I fight makes me lose thousands of more men than the enemy, even when I win. I'm guessing because I'm in mountain terrain.

Should I take the idea that gives you 33% military tradition so my general's won't 've shit? Will that help reduce casualties?

Don't attack into mountains. Use a high cav ratio, especially early in the game. Slide towards quality.

How do you relieve sieges then? They almost never attack where my army is stationed which forces me to take the mountain penalties.

you dont relieve sieges, go into their territory, after they take the province, move in and take it back

Ok thanks for the advice

Did they colonize the Congo?

There's always a chance, user. It usually goes like this:

Basically the only things you can do afterwards are:

1: Kill the black sea beyliks if the Ottomans already didn't do so
2: Expand into the Caucasus and watch how the Timmurids collapse
3: Somehow manage to kick Crimea's nomad ass

And that's it, basically harder than BYZ even in vanilla. You got no unclaimed cores, your borders are even further away from anyone who might remotely care about you and you're surrounded by kebab and Georgia, who might want to nab your only province.

Ok! I finally downloaded the EU4 17.1.0 and Veritas mod, how do I install the mod?

Nevermind, I figured it out. It's just like workshop mods, turns out.

Well fuck, I'm wrong again. Now nothing works, the entire map is blank and when I install it in the main directory, I can't change the start date.

Goddammit user, just unzip that shit into the mods folder.

Is this your first time installing mods for a paracucks game?

He can't realize the game he just installed is so stupid he is not putting in the correct mod folder.

No bully

I had the wrong folder, it seems.
I can't even get the game to start right, I have no idea how much my country is going to suffer under my rule at this point.

IT BEGINS

I'll use this as an excuse to finally take Constantinople (I've fully integrated artillery into my army 8/4/6, the walls should fall relatively faster now) as well as expanding my Moldavian vassal into Transylvania and Wallachia.

I almost feel bad for taking Constantinople.

It's so whole. The Balkans are almost in order, Anatolia is sorted, and Greece is essentially done. I'd say it's pretty good for a hundred years after starting as an itty bitty petty kingdom awash in a sea of substantially less friendly petty kingdoms and Rum, plus Palaoilogoi, mongol hordes and the Mamluks all peering into the region with their greedy eyes. How many provinces did you start with? Two or three? Maybe four?

Is it time to backstab the Mamluks?

4 provinces. Now it's time to fix the Balkans because Hungary just integrated Croatia into their country; gonna do so while annexing most of Serbia's territory since they're allied with HUN.

I'll also try to get Cyprus and the Kights of St. John (Rhodes), those are the only Greek territories left for conquering. Unless you count Sicily and Naple, rightful Greek clay :^)

Are you going to reform into BYZ?

Probably, after taking over the Balkans. I must admit Trebizond's teal color Is kinda pleasing to the eye, and it's also a nice change to my usual BYZ playthroughs. Because no matter what I do, I always play as BYZ for some reason, this one's just like BYZ but with a fun spin.

I play BYZ only too (sometimes vikings in ck2), there is something pleasant about restoring the glorz of the roman empire while removing kebab and showing them cockz catholics who the boss is and become the ruler of the mediterrenean.
The only thing you cant do is colonize.

Well, Trebizond only came to b due to the Komnenoi wanting to get the BYZ throne back. It's a pretender state. Doesn't make much sense not to reform BYZ.

You need to focus a lot on expanding your colonial range from the very beginning
Which will make you weak in another sectors and thus vulnerable to kebab and catholicucks

Well, you get two exits to the Indian Ocean, I'll be guessing one could start taking chunks of India or even Indonesia. Steer trade and you're good to go since all that trade ends up in Constantinople.

I can't yet reform to BYZ though, still need to get a hold of Athens, got them vassalized already because they were allied with fucking Aragon, Naples and France; although I could probably have beaten them in a war, doing that much shit for just one province is just way too much.

Ethiopia's also a good candidate for colonization or even subjugation. That's what I always do; make them my vassals and help them modernize. There's something about those strange christian niggas I find fascinating, maybe it's the fact that they were probably the most advanced non-bantu black Africans around (Contending with Timbuktu)

I sent 500 light ships to the ivory coast to collect trade, made at least 80 shekels from there, it's much better to collect trade instead of steering IMO

Iunno, I've never colonized much in EU4 (besides the few times I played as Russia and colonized the east and some chunks of Alaska)

I do however, collect trade instead of steering. But I just thought steering would be better for this situation due to Indonesia being in the assfuck of nowhere.

Ι have 1.17.1.0 (6704) version of Eu 4
I installed VeF 3.2 but it doesnt work.
Pic related, did I do something wrong?

sage for doublepost

No idea if steering or collecting would make any difference, if the trade would go immediately go to your own end-node.
Its like black sea, collect at it or steering to constantinople, doesn't make a difference. from what I understand.

Google how to install mods, you dummy. Also your game folder sways something completely different, but let's guess you applied some patches and DLCs. I have to wonder why it was so hard to just download 1.17 to begin with, though. Don't you also have the decency to edit that folder name?

no
I patched it to 1.17.1.0 from the pastebin links

What does that even mean? Did you download everything from 1.15 to 1.17.1 patch by patch or did you apply only 1.17.1?

Make sure your game works without mods, install in documents not in the game directory.

OPEN WIDE user

C:\Users\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod That's where mods go, saves are stored there as well.

patch by patch

yep

yep

did that works, thanks anons

That was a trick question. With no good answer.

Why are you spoonfeeding someone that is is so stupid he couldn't find the game and is so stupid he couldn't even do a simple google search for a whole day?

I installed all the previous mods in the mod folder in the game, and they all worked fine, same in CK2, and suddenly this one doesnt work.

It was weird.

wew, gotta get good relationships with the assburgers, Ragua as well (although my next war will be against them)

After the whole Balkans are mine, I'm unsure who will I release as a vassal. Been thinking about Montenegro (since they get decent enough ideas and are a theocracy which is cool) or Croatia (Again, nice ideas). My strongest candidate would've been Serbia, but since I plan to reform into BYZ, the Serbs will hate my guts due to the historical rival modifier.

You should go with based croats.

Do the teutons only have on province now?

But what about the perpetually assblasted niggermountain AKA Montenegro? I suppose expansion would be easier since Croatia is the biggest Balkan minor (And has cores all over the place), but the mountain niggers hold a very special place in my heart.

Yep, Poland got stronk and removed kraut as well as joined a nasty coalition against me.

Also, things to note:

forgot pic

What is the blob that is devouring scandanavia?

That's sweben, pal.

Why does sweden seem to have some sort of a sketch inside it and bleed out into the ocean? Is that just the end of the map? I'm looking at the yellow, not the blue.

Its just the fow

That's Terra Incognita, I haven't bothered to ask Muscovy for the maps of Northern Europe.

See pic related.

Go with mountainkangz.

I see now.

Can you make ethnostates or multi-cultural states in any of Paradox's titles? On purpose I mean, not the "we wuz kangz" tier of things.

Yes. If you put the map in culture view, they territories with stripes instead of solid color are mixed, but the description will still just name the majority culture. At least that's how it is in CK 2.

But can you go full ethnostate, regardless of culture? I know that you can have a culture shift if you become a different country that doesn't incorporate your own culture, but what about eradicating one?

After taking egypt, you'll get to border uncolonised areas around the red sea. I always start colonising there until I get all horn of Africa (because of slaves and gold mines)

Ethipians are easily the best nigga nation, proving itself time and time again, first against kebab, then by beating fucking Italy. Still, I usually figure they'd be happier in my empire

yes.

You can even eradicate your beginning primary culture and replace with another.

Do you basically mean a cultural union for an entire race? If so, not really, aside from China.

The EU in V2 NWO is sort of that, except simsulla hasn't added all the European cultures to it yet, just Germans, Poles, French, Island Jews, Italians, and Spaniards.

Is the mega-archive in the pastebin?
I want to get the latest stellaris experience without rewarding Parajew.

How about you try looking?

MKGA
MAKE KOMNENOI GREAT AGAIN
real shame what happened after the death of Manuel Komnenos
RIP Byzantium

How do I mod the Victoria II to allow NW nations to immigrate to overseas colonies? I'm playing Deseret and I'd like to Mormonize Africa.

Rate my custom nation
it's easy mode I know, I wanted to mess with the stats freely

Byzantiboo trash/10

Looks good, military-centered (and the bonuses seem to high, perhaps lowering the combat ability, morale to 10%, as well as discipline to something like 7.5%), but it's Rome what we're talking about.

Why didn't you just make a mod to replace BYZ altogether? That way you get more freedom to choose national ideas as well as adding several modifiers into an idea (EX: A Theme system nat-idea which adds 25% manpower modifier, as well as 5% discipline. Or a Komnenos Dynasty nat-idea adding 1 legitimacy and -2% prestige decay a year)

(you)

(me)

That's a nice idea, i'll also get the BYZ events and stuff that way, Ill see how I can mod it, I have no idea how to, ill guess ill figure it out, it's only txts that need modifying yes?

I could drop merchants and trade efficiency, and go for privateer efficiency, but feels kinda niggerly to rely your economy on privateering

Yeah, basically just the .txt, if you already have the flag, you gotta convert it to some weird photoshop format or something. I've never messed with those.

But the .txt is fairly simple, make sure you use Notepad++. The descriptions are located in the veritas/localisation folder and the BYZ ideas are in common/ideas/SAV_country_ideas

You're gonna have to change the name to Eastern Roman Empire, I think you also do that in the localisation files. Remember to make backups.

There is no BYZ in SAV_country_ideas
I think BYZ in VeT uses the same ideas as in the vanilla, so it doesnt exist? and I'll have to change it from the main directory

Yeah, it's in 00_country_ideas.txt, my bad.

Oh yeah, thanks user.
Should have noticed that, but it's after 2:00 am.

I also found this,
l_english:
pagan_revival_out_of_shadows_title: "Show our true Pagan colours"
pagan_revival_out_of_shadows_desc: "It is time! No longer shall the weaklings in Rome dictate our actions!"

You can convert to paganism ( which is awesome), but my question is, how is it possible to trigger that event?

I'm not sure, In 00_religion.txt there's a Hellenistic religion, in \veritas_gob\decisions\VEF_PaganRevivalDecisions.txt you get the option, but I can't find how.

Also, there's seemingly new events for Zoroastrian Persia as well.

\veritas_gob\events\VEF_PaganRevival.txt

There's some more stuff.

ill check tomorrow good night user

B-Bye, y-you too.

We BYZ now muhfuggen.

Gonna release Croatia as a vassal Feels kinda wrong to have them as Orthodox as well as releasing Armenia back again (One province, vassalize by force is necessary and return most of their provinces except the Anatolian holdings, as well as granting them the whole Caucasus). Afterwards comes a full annexation of the Balkans for Croatia.

I also got this funny mission called 'Annihilate Venice' kek

Does anyone know what this modifier is and how to get rid of it?

It keeps popping in and out and it's fucking my shit up.

Take the enlarge bureaucracy decision. Every 3 years your bureaucracy will get larger like DK's donger, allowing you to grab even more land; otherwise you'll have to raise autonomy up through the atmosphere. Also, don't you ever pick the decrease autonomy decision for obvious reasons; it's gonna make your autonomy to rise like 0.15 a month.

Just bear with the stupid modifier spam until your bureaucracy gets large enough.

What's the context?

sorry, meant policy

I don't see it as a policy, does it require another policy first?

I think it requires adm lvl 3

That's some real border porn
nice

Yeah, I have the tech at 3 but it's not showing up.
What a pain.

Just checked an earlier save, you just need adm tech lvl 3

It's gonna keep getting better.

KYS

HYPED

I'm gonna start a byz playthrough soon too.
trying to figure out what to do with the national ideas, custom ones, or start with the ones provided by the mod.

how do you make most of your money? taxes?
or is focusing on trade a reliable way to make shekeru?
I was thinking of making a trader fleet, I had 800 light ships in another playthrough, worked pretty well.

Do you need steam to make this mod work?

How do you get that screen? I have literally no idea what that is.
I haven't played EU4 since almost release so it looks like something they've added since then.

Oh wait I found it.
Wow that's pretty far out of the way for someone who has no idea what to look for.

Taxation has the most, 35.49, both production and trade are even at 20.25 and 20.82 respectively, Gold/Silver mines give me 1.46 and 8.12 from my vassals

From what I've read, VeF sort of 'nerfs' trade ships, so they are not as reliable as they used to be.

Not at all.

The ones provided by the mod aren't bad at all. Though I gotta say they kinda need a merc maintenance and cost modifiers around somewhere.

user you shouldn't just jump blind into the mod. Read the wiki and the info provided in-game, it basically tells you everything that's needed.

I did read a bunch of stuff, I have just never noticed the policy tab before, is it a vef thing or something EU4 added since release?

So this is just normal? It keeps closing out once it starts loading flags

Try deleting your map cache, that's a good general fix to paradox games crashing on load.

There are policies in vanilla EU4, just as there are in VeF, but with weaker bonuses and they take your precious mana away. So they're mostly useless in vanilla unless you get a 5/5/5 rules with +3 advisors.

Did you dl the pirated EU4 provided by the OP? I'm really not sure what you should dl; I just downloaded the game from the MEGA link, shit worked on the first try.

Huh, they must have added them at some point after release then.

Policies are typically very useful in certain situations. Usually that situation will resolve before the cooldown period of 10 years before you can retract the policy though, so long term they're not worth it.
The military policies especially can give you quite an edge in big wars that might not be clearly in your favor.

Not the same user, but I never do that, I ll to go blind into the game and when I discover a feature be like: OH HOLY SHIT.

So what's the most reliable way to make money?
Taxation? Production? Trading?
You said trading isnt that efficient, but what if you invest a lot in it? or what about privateering?

Aha, here we go.

Orthodox get out, crusaders only.

Next time go to Jerusalem and don't be a fucking kike

But that's the problem. They're too situational to be of much use, I know they're supposed to be policies enacted during emergencies, but from the way this game works, you're better off saving mana.

I never said trade wasn't efficient, I just said trade ships aren't as efficient as they are in vanilla. You can pretty much live off trade like a happy spaghetti kike.

4th Crusade best day of my life
ERE needed to be put out of its misery.

Redpill me on the latin empire

I don't know what you're talking about, we were just attacking heretics.

Scholars have recently discovered that the ensuing Grecophile butthurt from the creation of the Latin Empire created salt as we know it on Earth. The explosive creation of this new substance was so violent that it permeated time and space and created salt in both the past and future, such that everyone previously believed that salt existed on Earth for as at least as long as life has existed.
This is not the case. Salt was Byzantium's singular contribution to world history and it was invented in 1204.

thats how it happened pretty much, might have some small details in the wrong order cause I've slept 3 hours.

plz stop ;_;

The thing is that Byzantine poltics were complciated af and people tried to seize power by any means all the time.
Get one incompetend emperor and you are fucked.

I should mention that Constantinople fell because the """Emperor"""" left the city so the soldiers broke and the Varangian guard, which was the toughest force, just gave up, since their job was to protect the emperor.

he thought its a good idea to LEAVE THE FUCKING CAPITAL, TO GO RAISE AN ARMY IN THRACE

Really, funny, considering how he had 15k-20k troops in the city, and the same city, with less troops and lesser quality held out longer against the Ottomans with cannons and everything.

Seriously, fuck that guy, it's more the Greeks fault than the Crusaders, hell,
ITS ONLY THE GREEKS FAULT
or romans
or romiosoi whatever they called themselves

So this comes out in a few hours, how does everyone think it will be? I'm cautiously optimistic, it couldn't possible get worse correct?

Hopefully it won't have to wait too long to pirate it.

How do I conquer my clay as Bulgaria in Victoria 2? Taking over a country is extremely punishing.

Institutions might be better
I just want to be less reliant on the mana

I thought it was funnier out of context.

Satan is a dumbass. Can women ever be playable nomad leaders?

MARRY HER
MARRY YOUR DAUGHTER

I may pirate it to see if they've made Prussia even more brutal (as has been suggested). Building tall is fun.

Enlist a GP's help, Russia is often happy to fuck up the Ottomans. Alternately just get lucky with the Congress, if they go with Stability in the Balkans and Turkey agrees, you'll get all your cores back anyways.

Unless by your clay you meant blobbing over all the balkans or something in which case it's back to getting Russian help.

Next time don't massacre the latins.

Oh wait there won't be a last time because you'll never ever retake byzantium.

I love this game.

Imma pull a Byzantiboo move and bring this GSG thread back from the brink.

Won't she just murder me`?

Also why is the thread bumplocked? Am I retarded?

Yes.