Emil Pagliarulo

Can't everything wrong with Beth post-Morrowind attributed to him? He has been a lead designer, quest designer, and senior writer of Elder Scrolls since Oblivion, replacing people such as Todd, Rolston, and Kirkbride. As the lead designer and writer of Fallout 3 and 4, he single-handedly ruined the games. Why are they still putting this faggot in charge?

Because jews take care of each other.

Are you retarded?

He's in charge because the games are critically acclaimed and financially successful, or do you measure success based on the amount of circlejerks posted to anonymous imageboards?

Todd can still be blamed you cuckold.

Ruined? But what are the ROIs?

Bethesda has always been shit

Not as much as Emil. Todd sort of stopped giving a shit since Oblivion, if anything he should be blamed for that.

But you don't even know where these things mix, he was the lead designer and writer of Fallout 3/4, but he was only a senior designer in Skyrim, and despite his toned down positions between these games you are still blaming him? On top of this he was a Quest designer for Oblivion and designed the Dark Brotherhood quests which recieve endless praise from autists here.

And in spite of all that you are attributing all of Fallout 3/4 and Skyrim's ills on him and not Todd, the director who has the biggest say outside of executves, I even explained where these games stumble at their core and it's definitely at the feet of Todd, because all he says is yes, he doesn't say no, so you get content that doesn't match or compliment and just is.

Top fucking kek.

He's a fucking joke of a writer at his absolute best, and you can probably blame him for the bad writing in the games. Maybe he wrote the shitty stories in FO3/4 but those games have far far more problems than just shit writing and narrative.

I remember reading about Todd working at Bethesda ages ago after I first played Oblivion and liked it, I remember someone saying that Todd was in charge of the CK for Morrowind, which makes senes, the CK is just the dev tools watered down, something todd is good at doing

Dude, he directed the Terminator games and TES Adventures before Morrowind. I don't know how Pete got in Bethesda though.

Video games are a teamwork, not an individual work. People at higher positions sometimes have less influence on the result. Especially considering how much less Todd was involved in the production process of Elder Scrolls games after Morrowind. For example, Todd wasn't involved in the quest and lore writing anymore. There was a testing arena in Morrowind named after Todd, but in Oblivion and Skyrim, there were none of that stuff.

I already said that Todd is also to blame due to his ignorance.

I've played all main classic Fallout games and the writing is 80% of the games' fun, and FO3 and 4 took out that fun. I'm certain that the FPS mechanics was Todd's decision, which makes sense because he used to direct Terminator Future Shock, but the fucked up AI movement, shit gunplay, and broken VATS can't be his work.

All two of them? "Both" is only a single letter longer than "all", you know.

Because from the point of view of a director, he's good at his job. Skyrim and Fallout 4 made good cash and fans are still crying for more.
Sure they alienated the old audience, but they picked up a new audience that love a Fallout that plays like a Far Cry-clone.

Yes, both. FO1 and FO2 alright. I don't get your point.

Todd is still the producer/director, he still gets the last say, people blame Shiggy for Starfox and Sticker star but we can't blame Todd in the same position? Like I already have said it's Todd at the core, without a proper vision these games have come out malforned, if they were helmed by someone with some skill even just a small step above they'd be infinitely better. New Vegas was directed by Josh Sawyer who is pretty shit depending on who you asked, but having a clear cut vision for what he wanted to achieve he was able to push out an infinitely better game. You can most definitely blame Todd for not having a proper vision for his games and just going with whatever you can cram in.

Can you blame Emil, sure but Todd is at the root of why these games were shit.

The writing is 80% of the games fun because there is barely anything outside the writing in the earlier games.

Semantics. People usually don't say "I've accidentally met all my parents today (because they live in a different city or something)".

They could've made a Far Cry clone with good quests and better gunplay.

I fucking wish.

Thanks. English isn't my native language.

But before Oblivion, Todd had a good track record. How could one man suddenly turn to shit? There has to be something different that happened between Morrowind and Oblivion.

It is not my first language either.

Luck, but now I'm going to defeat my own shitty argument. The gaming landscape with which the developers of the earlier games came from had many excellent games and mechanics weren't just cheap ticks in the box like they've been for most major studios in the last decade. Compound that with the exploratory nature of the 90s and early 00s thanks to new horizons opened up via new technology and Beth makes good games. Now the devs at Beth play mainstream shit and it rubs off on the games they make in this strange self perpetuating whirlpool of shit unnecessary game mechanics. Of course you can add in bad hires like their engine devs who are generally shit, their 3d team which has actually grown to be decent since Skyrim and their Writers who have improved since Fallout 3 and Oblivion but are still shit if you want good writing in an RPG like the entitled shithead you are.

My argument is shit because it's a double standard, I don't think Todd was what made Morrowind good but I sure as hell know that Todd is what made later games shit.

It might be true for the later games, but the fact is, without Todd, Morrowind would be a Daggerfall tier procedural generated game with outdated engine and controls. Todd was the one pushing for tangible content and Direct3D implementation. If you think that Radiant AI is the thing that made the latter games shit due to it's bugs and performance problems, then it is true that Todd should be blamed, he was trying to outdo Ultima VII's scheduled AI by using an artificial life AI. The rest of the game though, I don't know if I should blame Todd for it.

No, you don't understand.
Normalfags actually like the shit gameplay of modern Fallout and TES games. If you make it good you'll alienate them.

I don't think Radiant AI made the later games shit, I love the Radiant AI even though it's poorly implemented.

Jesus the industry ass kissing, its fucking real I tell ya.

The problem is even CoD has better gunplay than FO3.

Game has been in development since 96 or so, and halted in 97 for a while. It would probably be released in 99 or 2000 if they weren't implementing the new gamebyro engine.

Because even though their games are shit, they still sell millions and plebs praise them, so why change anything? But things might finally change after fallout 4 was actually judged honestly for the mediocre game that it is. I mean just look at skyrim, there is not a single thing it does better than Fallout 4, it is inferior in every way. FO4 has more enamies, more interesting quests and locations, a better story, memerable characters, better crafting, and even more roleplaying options. Yet plebs hail skyrim as the best game ever and shit on fallout 4. Probably because they don't think for themselves and just regurgitate whatever they hear the big youtubers say. But now that public opinion on bethesda changed they are under presure to improve or their next game will fail

Maybe because Witcher 3 was released so close to FO4.

I read about some company releasing a more expensive bread maker model to sell their cheaper model.

Everyone see things in relative terms. That is why everyone has shit taste now.

I don't even know what Todd does tbh

Lie