Are you going to get the NES Classic Edition?

Are you going to get the NES Classic Edition?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MB6CNN8/ref=s9_simh_gw_d2_g63_i6?pf_rd_p=fa76b2e4-7a24-4943-850a-306073c8b2a1&pf_rd_s=grid-24&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=G4JBM6HX2Z3MNPYRDD5X
nintendo.com/nes-classic
github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/nintendo-entertainment-system
linux-sunxi.org/Buying_guide
amazon.com/RP3-cuckchan-fuck-you/dp/B01CD5VC92
amazon.com/10ft-cable-for-ur-sitting-on-ass-needs/dp/B00C7SA21U/
amazon.com/hub-for-controllers/dp/B00BWF5U0M/
amazon.com/SNES-controller-that-is-not-shit/dp/B002B9XB0E/
amazon.com/16GB-micro-sd-card-for-roms-and-OS/dp/B004G605OA/
amazon.com/3ft-hdmi-cable/dp/B014I8SIJY/
amazon.com/3ft-micro-usb-cable-to-power-the-pi/dp/B012VWH6PQ/
ebay.co.uk/itm/Gameboy-Zero-/222272739117?hash=item33c07cd72d:g:hOoAAOSwLnBX9htk
canakit.com/raspberry-pi-zero.html
instructables.com/id/How-to-give-an-internet-access-to-Raspberry-Pi-Zer/
hackaday.com/2015/11/28/first-raspberry-pi-zero-hack-piggy-back-wifi/
amazon.com/dp/B015XA3W0G/
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JPIF7DW?#Ask
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not until someone mod that shit to run all the nes roms.

NO

Yes so I can be le ebin retro gamer xD

This. I'd rather get a real NES+modcart if I wanted novelty. It would actually play more than a handful of games + real games which is more than what this can do.

Come on now.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MB6CNN8/ref=s9_simh_gw_d2_g63_i6?pf_rd_p=fa76b2e4-7a24-4943-850a-306073c8b2a1&pf_rd_s=grid-24&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=G4JBM6HX2Z3MNPYRDD5X

I'm thinking about getting a Raspberry Pi or Odroid and setting up my own emulator machine with games from NES/SNES and Master Sistem/Genesis for half the money

Yes, I never owned the original NES and $60 for 30 games is steal.

I can get all the games for free on my pc and not have to use a fucking controller that's cable is only 3 feet long.

chink handheld for half the price on alibaba has more builtin games than this shit

I guess NES Classic is cool if you have a lot of friends and have regular get togethers in a living room setting. Everyone on this site is friendless and lives in a basement though.

But that requires effort. My time is worth more than $60.
And customs triple the price. Thanks no.

Wait what? Most of the pre-installed games are single player only and NES doesn't support more than two controllers anyway.

one minute to google and download snesorama, then 5 minutes to get the whole romset (given that you can afford superior internet plan with your high salary, mr. i don't live in basement with my parents)

So that's why you're posting here?

The sound emulation is pretty bad on that thing.and it doesn't come with the option to turn sprite flickering off so fuck that noise.

Please do not give money to social justice cucks

Typical Cucktendo throwing their Nesticle tier virtual console emulator on it. Any faggot who buys this deserves their inevitable buyer's remorse when chuck in their closet next to their Chink bootleg NES consoles.

Actually it's not the VC emulator, it doesn't have scaling issues or bilinear by default, it also allows for pixel perfect output and sounds different but it still sounds noticeably worse than the real thing or nestopia.

I thought about it, but then I realized that it would be cheaper to get a Raspberry Pi and that with the RPi you can plug it into your TV, plug an NES or a USB controller into it, and you can load as many games onto an SD card as you want, not limited to 30 games.

And I'd buy an RPi long before I considered buying a god damn real NES/SNES because space, availability, and I don't have to deal with gouger prices. Fuck "collectors" – most serious collectors buy every copy of every game, even if they already have a dozen copies of that game, because having less freely available copies of said game in distribution means they can artificially inflate the worth of their collection.

Fuck that noise.

It's dead, Jim.
I'm paying $60 for the luxury to not have to download shit from Megaupload.

If it's shit, I'm going to return it. I mean it's not some shitty online service.

Are you going to check my dubs?

Well, have fun buying things I guess.

No. I thought about it but I decided to get a Famicube instead.

That shit is not cheaper.
I don't own a TV
There you go, now it's not cheaper anymore.
A selection of 30 games is good enough, pal. I don't plan to play NES for the rest of my life.
Exactly that is why I'm glad Nintendo is selling the NES Classic to real gamers. Collectorfags are already bitching, just look into this thread.

Get an SBC to emulate the entire library cheaper.

Hard to get more than two people to really pay attention to these things, anyway.

Though IIRC, there was an adaptor and some NES games that supported up to 4 controllers?

Why would I? I can play all the nes games I want on my hacked 3ds.

The fuck is this? A clone?
It looks nice.

I was actually going to say that sounds cool, but then I read that it only uses 1.5" floppies… I don't even HAVE a floppy drive anymore, how would I even load games onto the thing?

And that was cheaper than $60?

No it wasn't cheaper, obviously, but he already has the 3DS so it doesn't cost him additional money. Don't be silly.

$80 and I get to play all the library from every 2d console.

Oh, my mistake, 3.5" floppy.

But why the hell should one buy a 3DS?
Nintendo released only shit after 1995.

Nobody here is going to buy this piece of shit. Hell even the other plug and play systems for second gen consoles offer more and those are like 20 bucks by now. Hell it only has HDMI and USB controller ports. It's inferior to the original and emulators in every way

Get a PSP cheaper than 60 to play NES.

Second hand 3ds are cheap here, they range from $40 (2ds) to $180 (n3dsxl). Also monster hunter.

Can you run PPSSPP on it?

At this point the only people who will buy it are hipsters so they can have that sweet nerd cred. That and they're too stupid to use an emulator/already own a library back when you could just get shit from yard sales

yeah its built into the psp

Thanks, I don't want mobile shit.

Indeed, nobody is buying it to actually play the installed games on it. That doesn't exist on Holla Forums.
Or they simply don't care for illegal stuff.
Why the fuck should somebody amass aging Nintendo cartridges, when you can have 30 relevant games in a small $60 box?

You are the reason why video games are utter shit nowadays.

Nightmare on Elmstreet isn't in this thing

Ebin pretendo reply.

It's 2016, not 1986.

I wish this was just a new batch of the original hardware being manufactured. Oh well.

So you mean like reproduction consoles and reproduction cartridges of games to go with it at cheap prices, right? I think people would be pretty down with that, it's too bad that's not what Nintendo does. Instead they'd rather you buy a virtual console or a virtual console with no internet capabilities.

The fuck is it made out of? Polar bear semen?

That's a real feature, pal.

Don't pay for ROMs, pay for overpriced controller product piracy instead!

That's what the NES classic unit is, it's a virtual console with no internet. This unit can't be upgraded firmware wise, you can't download more games, WYSIWYG. The other virtual console is a Wii or a Wii-U.

Don't be a jackass.

That would be shit for collectors though

He really doesn't get it.
NO INTERNET is a fucking feature!
You are the reason, why gaming is fucking shit!

That's the fucking point. Nintendo wants to do away with the cancerous culture that has surrounded their retro consoles. Are you aware that Nintendo once tried to sue Gamestop for reselling games because of the competition of the used games market? Once upon a time, buying used games was endangered by Nintendo.

Yes, you're right, why would I want to have a console or computer that can play games which were made this year, when I can play the role of a dumb luddite and only play games that came out 30 years ago. Great idea, let's get rid of great classics like Deus Ex, Quake 3, Dark Souls, etc in favor of Final Fantasy and Metroid 1. Nevermind Super Metroid a far superior game…

Thanks no!

Nobody fucking cares, "Dark Souls" autist, this is a thread about the NES!

You mean the website that's been gone for five years, "It's dead, Jim"?

I'm getting mixed messages here. Are you angry at the idiots that drive the prices of classic carts through the roof or at Nintendo for trying to fuck the used games market?

This is not helping your case.

Neither is this.

What?

Really if Nintendo wanted to break the back of the game speculators and at the same time do something cool for fans all they would have to do is to re-manufacture ACTUAL Famicom and NES, both consoles and game carts. That would flood the market and destroy the inflated value for the speculators while helping to insure that the old games and hardware doesn't die. WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT DOING THIS?

Probably because it wouldn't make enough money. They'd have to pay for new production lines and shipping, somehow convince stores to devote storage and shelf space to selling long-obsolete hardware with a niche audience, and also be competing with themselves given the SNES, NES, N64 and Gamecube, not even getting into handhelds.

And there wouldn't be any new games for them, just a back catalogue that's shrinking with long-gone or disinterested third parties, and all their old problems would be new again.

Because cartridges are expensive, it's why Nintendo has been pushing digital downloads and stopped doing cartridge based consoles. Cartridges made the production of games expensive. You might think "if we make reproduction cartridges, we can make copies of old games for $5 a piece MSRP!"

You would think wrong. The cartridge itself using the same hardware would cost at least $5 alone, nevermind the game, the profit for Nintendo or the profit from the licensing companies.

Shit's not free you fuck.

It will never enter stores, because customs will destroy your long-obsolete hardware, because it violates RoHS, CE, FCC and hundreds of other regulations for products manufactured new.
Nintendo is simply not allowed to sell the original NES nor any cartridges. The stuff in is simply illegal now.
New CRTs died the same way, they were simply outlawed.

Ok normally I don't want to play this card, but Goddamn there's one hell of a shill in this thread

What's shilling?

Do you mean who, or do you mean 'what is the act of shilling?'

Be calm John Spartan. I never said it was.

Not talking about carts for a NEW system but for an old one.

First of all I never said how much they should be priced at. Second of all, don't other people make repo carts and also retro play consoles? You would think if some South Korean or Ukrainian company can do this shit then surely Nintendo, which currently has more yen than Kami-sama, could pull it off successfully. I mean, FUCK I'd rather have first party repos than the image in OPs post or fucking amiibos.

ALSO I can't let this go…
Yes but they also helped future proof consoles as well.

DAY OF THE RF CABLE WHEN? RETRO WING DEATH SQUADS!
Aren't there modern safe equivalents for those old components? Just make repos with new hippy safe materials.

That would be even MORE expensive, though. I know, you think "we've evolved technology way beyond this, this should be dirt cheap!" but it's not. Specific hardware, you would have to play a game of trial and error to try and figure out analogues to replace the hardware with cheaper versions, and the specific configurations might in fact be MORE expensive. A 3DS cartridge is basically a flash chip that plugs in simple. But a Nintendo cartridge wasn't designed that way, they had hardware that stimulated a variety of memory banks to be able to load memory from said memory banks in a specific way. This allowed for games with linear data memory, cartridges with random access memory, and cartridges with redundant memory designs.

Why would they do that? Because there was no one size fits all, one or none approach to programming back then, and the Nintendo developer kit was literally just a set of instructions.

You would need to redesign both the NES and the cartridges to drive prices down, because if you change the architecture a bunch of games will cease to work right.

Oh I definitely don't want flash memory.

But actual NES (and SNES, Genesis, etc.) clone exist right now that play old games. It's not technologically insurmountable. If anything the big obstacle would be like what pointed out.

The entire supply chain is completely missing, the chips aren't manufactured anymore (and the fabs don't exist anymore), the needed chemicals are outlawed, the specific machinery is gone. Workers aren't allowed to work with it (people literally died for your original NES).
This NES lookalike is the nearest thing Nintendo actually can sell without getting fucked. Even if they still had brand-new NES stock in a warehouse (without the problem of even having to make it), they're simply not allowed to sell it.

Or you could make an FPGA based console wit a cart connector that is both compatible with the old carts and a new syle of carts (for reprints) that are basically just an sd card in a NES cart sized shell, totally doable, very compatible and not that pricy to make.

I actually will because I am a buyfag.

You too?

Or just figure out how to emulate the games, which is already a ton of effort for each one, and then sell them through a digital download service on your current hardware, which simulates previous consoles the best it can. We could call it the Virtual Console!

IIRC, Sega still makes the Genesis in Brazil because they have absurd tariffs on electronics in a desperate attempt to develop a home market. (hence why Brazillians are massively overrepresented in F2P PC games)

Well I guess the only thing to do is just hang on and wait. The entire westernized world has very nearly the reached regulatory and legalistic threshold for a terminal state. Add to that the dying economy and social upheaval and we're just about ready for a collapse of civilization. I look forward to retro futurism in 20 years.

Just wait for the environmental collapse, you think refugee problems are bad now…

If I'm emulating games then I'm sure as hell not going to lock myself into the whims of the likes of Nintendo (or Sony or Microsoft or Valve).

Fuck no.
Ok, I'll consider it if people hack it and it turns out to be a decent general purpose emulation machine (I can pretty much guarantee it's going to be an emulator running on a cheap ARM chip like every other modern "reproduction console.")

Each cart needs
>plastic shell (not to mention all kinds of different colored and shaped shells for famicom carts)
Not only does that all add it, it might even be more expensive today because there's no way you can get the economies of scale they had back then (for example using mask ROM instead of EEPROM) with a niche product like game repros. Yes, a niche, because the mass market is not going to start collecting NES games just because Nintendo started reproducing them. Bottom line is it would only be marginally profitable to reprint rare games that Nintendo doesn't have the rights to anyway.
On top of that, you'd need to reimplement the NES from scratch on an FPGA for the revival console.

Instead, you can buy >128MB of flash for ''less than a dollar" and fit every worthwhile game you have the rights to or can license on it, buy a capable ARM cellphone chip for less than $10, steal some open source emulator, and make bank selling $10-25 of parts and manufacturing and minimal R&D for $80 to normalfags and nostalgiafags.

By Sithis. Just dl a NES emulator and the whole fucking library. It's free.

Collapse of the corrupt legal and financial systems I'm perfectly fine with but I'd rather prefer to keep the environment intact. Well as "intact" as we can manage under present circumstances anyway.

It's pretty simple isn't it?
You're paying for the NES brand.

Like my 150 euro Asics sneakers: made in Vietnam.

This is never going to work cycle exakt. It will break games.

Fucking emulation, right down to games that chug if there are more than 3 cocks on screen.

I wish someone out there would release their old fucking games with a bare minimum of effort to at least eliminate lag issues in their shitty old games.

I think the only solution is that we need to build Outer Hea/v/en and start building our own retro shit from scratch. Fuck these limp dick lawyers and chickenshit bureaucrats.

No, but I want that gamepad. It would be a great addition for my Wii emulation box.

Bullshit. They could make repros that work perfectly fine on the original hardware today (homebrewers already do this with completely new parts, nothing salvaged from donor carts). It just isn't worth their trouble.

1. I'm saying "it's cheap because it's old tech" is bullshit
2. There's a price ceiling on games because nobody is going to pay several times the cost of a loose Famicom cart for a common Nintendo game. Except maybe the collectorfags that give a shit about having games CIB, but that's even more niche.

Cycle-exact emulators exist, and Kevtris's cycle-exact FPGA NES is like a decade old now.

You can buy that separately for $10.
No need for overpriced ripoffs like

Did you not read ? You can repro almost any NES game with off the shelf parts. There's even a little cottage industry built around it that has done most of the work for you.

Homebrewers are not bound by the same laws as manufacturers.
user can still buy and use lead-based solder, Nintendo can't.

Can do that in emus with overclocking and shit. Does break its own specific shit as well though.

I'm still sad this idea died, but not surprised.

Who's this qt?

It's impressive really.

You don't need leaded solder you fucking retard. It doesn't fucking change the way the device works like an audiophile's magic $500 cables that he claims make the sound more crisp. It's just a little bit easier to solder with by hand, that's it. And anyone doing this at scale would be automating everything and using off the shelf parts anyway.

meant to say surface mount parts

Whose cable, you illiterate fuck.

Maybe a gift for some kids or to donate to Toys for Tots or something, but no, not for me.

It's not bad for what it is though I would certainly pick some different games from the NES's selection. Nets you a decent NES-oriented VC controller if you've got a Wii or Wii U too.

Pretty much this. Anyone actually nostalgic for the NES should still have their machine and collection. Also why did they put the worst of the NES Castlevanias and only one Mega Man game on there?

Why put on Super C and not the original classic Contra? It's all about what they could get for the cheapet.

Just a reminder the last Atari plug and play had 101 games for like 40 bucks. You could also use the original controllers and equipment on it and use it's hook ups on the original. Also you could turn into a legit Atari with a cartridge slot. I just want to point out how pathetic Nintendo's attempt is compared to a dead company.

I'd consider it if they also started making new games for the NES and even SNES.

Unless you're a collector or some shill like fbb654, there's really no good reason to get this. Emulating on your phone or PC is all you need as far as I can see.

60 dollaridoos.

My bad. The flashback 2 could be modified. 3 and up are not able

is that ron germany in a luigi costume or something?

JAP edition looks better. I don't like games selection so no.

Was probably designed from the ground up and something you get your niece or nephew for Christmas knowing they like da vidyo gay-mees considering it's as expensive as just one modern game, appeals to nostalgia and has a lot of commonly-remembered console flagship titles along with a handful of complete oddities. Less expensive than all of them put together on the eShop for Virtual Console to boot.

Basically if you're buying it you probably don't know or don't care about emulation, or you're not getting it for yourself in the first place.

Virtual Console doesn't even have Contra. I'm beginning to think there's some rights bullshit or something.

I still feel Nintendo could have easily padded the selection with their own early inhouse titles. I mean, NES Remix did that with their sports titles and all. That way they could have said 40 games with stuff they tend to throw out like Wrecking Crew, Mach Rider, Wario's Woods, Yoshi, Ice Hockey, NES Open Golf, Clu Clu Land, and Urban Champion.

I'm curious how the output looks. Will they go the wii u eshop route and make it look like blurry garbage or will they use precise integer scaling? I know it has hdmi out. Knowing nintendo's history it'll be some of the worst possible.

Fuck no OP, I own a real NES, modded for RGB, and with an Everdrive.

Good Goy

You can get pixel perfect output from what I've seen, and without the shitty anti seizure filter, only thing is the sound emulation is pretty bad.

got a video or anything?

i bet you paid more than that for that modded nes you goy

I did (but not by much), but it can play every NES game ever made with an output quality that is without rival. Big value difference. Spending money isn't bad, poorfag, spending money on stupid shit is bad.

Sure there are clones, but those are basically just Emulators wrapped in shitty PC hardware with a simplified OS. You can pretty much emulate anything 16-bit and back perfectly by plugging the internet into a root vegetable. N64 is still hit or miss on PC, never mind PS2 and onward.

They also tend to be "all in one" boxes that read a dozen or so different carts at once, along with mixing in Sega game playback. Nintendo would never, EVER do that, which means any "official" retro hardware would be seen as inferior to Chinese knock-offs anyway.

And remanufacturing cartridges is just stupid. People want the raw nostalgia of the games they had as a kid, not some new repro print that reminds them they're being squeezes by corporate interests for easy money.

Vinyl hipsters have a point, arguably, and most if those vinyl re-releases are remastered to boot. Any limited LP can be sold for twice the original price as soon as it sells out so half the people buying them are doing it as an investment anyway.

Cult movies will occasionally do limited-editiin VHS copies limited to 100 units, sure, but all you have to do is buy a tape and record over it, not manufacture a custom chipset every time. Anyone buying them is getting a Blu-ray with it and doing it for the packaging anyway - for all I know those House of the Devil and Dear God No! tapes are completely blank.

only poorfags worry about spending such a small quantity unwisely

all the problems and complains of the poor are related to money, people that just can't see past the monetary value of things, even afraid of spending money for their own pleasure

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Paying money for old games. Disgusting.

Why would I pay $60+ for a pop station?

Nintendo dropped the ball hard on this one. They could have doubled own on the nostalgia by making it a functioning NES and re-sold a few carts for it.

Rights for old games are fucked up. Those studios and/or publishers are long gone and back then nobody imagined that 20 years later someone would want to release or sell the game again.

Once again pirates win.

I can get a wii, mod it and play NES games plus more systems for less than 60 bucks.

If it has crazy input lag, I don't want it. I already have a modified NES, a CRT, most of those games from 10 years of collecting and a multicart.

Best goy

So what are the odds of this NES classic being useful to improve emulation? Or is NES emulation already perfect? It's the one console I never really looked into.

I do hope Nintendo makes an SNES and N64 mini as well tho.

None, even if there was things to improve you cannot gain much useful knowledge from closed source software, reverse engineering it would probably take more time than just making an emulator from scratch.

Contra is developed and published by Konami, they have the full rights to the game as do they have the rights to Super Contra (aka Super C). Contra is on Virtual Console, but only in Japan.

Did you replace the electron guns yet?

So you would get it if it did not have terrible input lag?

Does it concern you if he did?

I'm just curious because he posted right after that

My two consoles are still running fine and I have plenty of cartridges to feed them. So no.

Seriously, this shit is like those cancerous "top 10 nes game titles" wow, who would have thought you'd name all three super mario games, zelda, a couple of megaman games and metroid

The fact that he's got a multicart says to me that he probably wouldn't. He can load any NES games on there that he wants, so what would be the point, unless he wanted to just have a quick and easy little box he can take over to his friend Shawn's place to shoot the shit and play some games together and then pack it up. There's only 4 cables, the power cable, the TV cable and the two controllers, no cartridges… It's a real quick and easy portable console that you can pull out and put away in under a minute.

Would you?

Are you a marketer?

Not anymore. Cartridges actually cost less to produce in bulk than ever before. They're actually more cost efficient than DVD/BD which is why that "Nintendo NX going back to cartridges" rumor has some credence. After all the Wii U disc holds 25 GB at max, meanwhile one can mass produce 32 GB+ flash ROM storage at a cheaper price than it takes to press the discs. Not to mention you also save on packaging cost since now games can be put in slimmer and smaller packages.

Its a cute item, but only good as a novelty. If I feel like buyfagging it up, I might get the Famicom variant. If I want a serious game of Contra or RCR with a friend, I'll bring said crt and modded NES with me.

I have the original 8-bit system, with a shit ton of games. Why would i?

No, I'm just not a fag who feels the need to act like a retard. I wouldn't buy one, I've already stated in the thread that I wouldn't. I'd rather buy a Raspberry Pi. But I understand anyone who would.

Cartridges using new parts would be, but new NES cartridges would mean you'd have to spend the money either finding and acquring distributors for the parts of the old NES cartridges, or changing the design to make the cartridges continue to work the same as the architecture of the original. That's costly. I don't mean to say that "cartridges altogether are prohibitively costly" because if that were so the 3DS wouldn't exist. But you can't make $5 games for the NES, it'd cost too much to be profitable. Nintendo doesn't do awesome shit like that, they don't even build awesome systems anymore, they've phoned it in and they continue to exploit the giants on whose shoulders the company was built, surfing on name brand alone.

I don't know if I'd even consider it a good novelty item, and I've seen some cringey comments by people who said shit like "I'm gonna buy one for my Nintendo collection" – like what the fuck? Who would even do that? The $60 you'd spend on this shit box you could spend on something that you'll enjoy more, like a handjob or Purse Owner 5.

Do we even know what roms are on the thing?

I'm tempted to just load them up on my spare laptop I haven't touched in years and connect that to my TV or something.

Yeah, it's 30 games, and the games are listed here nintendo.com/nes-classic

Well in a few minutes I'll have a better version of this on a laptop that can also carry about a dozen other emulators and a few hundred more games.

Maybe I should just buy one of those home arcade cabinets and stuff my laptop in there, with a bunch of different controllers to use. I've always dreamed of having a MAME cabinet.

The possibilities are endless.

Sounds good to me.

Why? Even a 90's toaster can emulate NES.

It makes fags ITT mad. That's a very good reason.
You fags don't understand that nobody wants to "emulate" NES TV games on his phone, hacked 3DS, Vita or other mobile shit.
Poorfag

Fun fact: There is no chance of getting one in Europe this year, because the thing already sold out entirely in July.
I bet it will go on eBay for 200+ bucks

you want to buy a single board computer and use it as an emulator, fine. Just make sure it's not from Raspberry Pi, that's what we're saying.

No.

But I wouldn't be opposed to accepting one as a christmas present, it looks kinda neat for what it is.

Checked to see. Only the MSX1/2 port of Contra 1 is on VC. Other than that, arcade versions have popped up a lot over the years, plus the NES Contra is unlockable on Contra 4 on DS.

The only other strange part of Contra 1 in Japan is that it uses a fancy memory chip that US didn't have (I think their Life Force/Salamander had the same special chip) that has cutscenes and added animations, like the swaying palm trees. Unsure why that would halt emulation since Salamander Famicom's available (along with the MSX and PC-Engine ports) and the Japanese Castlevania 3 with all its fancier memory chips have been widely available digitally.

No.

Now, if Sega came out with a mini Master System, Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast console collection capable of playing all the games of those systems.. then probably still no, but I'd be a lot more interested.

Sega releases classics collections all the time.
Pay $60 for 24 roms split across 3 collections.

Uh, no… I mean, miniature hardware reproductions with internal storage that you can load your own roms/isos onto. Maybe also have it connect to the internet so you that you can download "official" roms which come with bonuses like art galleries, previously Japanese only supplemental material, old-school reviews/publications from SegaVisions magazine, developer interviews, online multiplayer, etc. Maybe even develop new games and official "romhacks" and then bundle them.

Piracy could be an issue, but honestly they could probably just ignore it. Most normalfags/nostalgia fags are still going to buy either because of brand loyalty or because they're too stupid/moral/unmotivated to pirate the new stuff - and even if some people do pirate, they'd still make more than enough profit on the hardware alone.

What I meant was that they wouldn't do it because they already have their annual "Buy these old games again" slots filled.

No
BUT!
If it had the same library as the Famicom classic edition which has River City Ransom on it, I would.
I love River City Ransom that much.

I prefer Bad Dudes.

This is so dumb, it's like Nintendo finally saw all those Chinese 99999-in-1 bootlegs and thought there was a legitimate market to compete with here. The controllers aren't even compatible with the original NES or vice versa, there's literally no reason to buy this whatsoever. I get the appeal is dumb hipsters but they would have been better off pushing a full size model with a cart slot like the Atari ones.

Yeah, they would, but just as with the Wii-U and soon the NX, Nintendo is completely out of fucking touch with modern day games and gamers. They think "let's do our own thing" is a winning concept, and people keep tell them "no, you fucks, this does not work, stop doing this" but they're like "so glad this is working!" horseblinders. Then they announce another bad financial year, and they're like "we can't understand why we're so far behind…"

A syrian convict

Or a super fucking NES/SNES with all the games possible, like those amateur monster you see on yt.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying but I just don't get why they're doing it. The 3DS is doing quite well and is well received, Nintendo's handheld department has always gone well and yet it's like they learn nothing from it. Time in, time out they make the worst possible decisions for so many things. I get that they're trying to be their own thing and break away from the modern console tripe but it's just not working. They just keep throwing money at things that simply do not perform, how the hell is this even capable of happening? Do the shareholders not care? I was told to please understand but I'm not grasping it. They ARE a business, aren't they? Maybe this all some kind of Yakuza money laundering scheme.

30+ Years Later, retarded faggots rebuying the same shit for the nth time.

What a time to be alive

Holy shit, I wonder if they changed that name later to be like "the association for the mentally and physically handicapped" or AMP.

In CURRENT YEAR, they're now called "minimally exceptional".

So what IS the best TV emulator box? Wii? Ouya? Playstation TV?

Apparently their name is still ARC and it's now "The Arc of the United States" which means absolutely fucking nothing. The PC police got their way back in 1992.

A PC

Or any one of the literally millions of Android consoles from China that have flooded the market

I already have a fucking NES, and it even plays SNES games too because it's a fucking 2-in-1.

Most PCs nowadays can plug directly into TVs, just like said, so a great TV emulator box is the one capable of emulating the most games.

Also the Ouya wasn't capable of doing much of anything, please do not actually buy an Ouya.

PCs are giant eyesores.

a laptop can be folded into a compact space before plugging into a TV

I like nintendo is parading this around, they somehow went backwards on emulation which is amazing. Why the fuck would the cable of the controller be so goddamn short. Why are they not using the virtual console shits they already made instead of something stupid that requires you reset the device each time. Why are you limited to only a few save states?

Ah, yes, that isn't autistic as fuck.

Is the rasberry pi viable?

Its a shame you were one off user

Yes very much so, it's also meant to be easily moddable with your own hardware modifications, it's all up to you what you do with a Pi.

Bruh, the raspberry pi is more powerful than most 90s computers which could run NES just fine

github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/nintendo-entertainment-system

If you enjoy using a product made and funded by SJWs who denounced GamerGate then sure

SHILLING SJWs GAMERGATE FURRY GAY LIBERALS

Okay, move onto the next thread. I already did most of the work for you.

If you want to use the CuckPi then its up to you

But there are much better SBCs out there

Like what?

linux-sunxi.org/Buying_guide

For emulation beyond SNES/NES sure. Do not understand why you want maximum power and more gpio pins when all you are doing is connecting 2 controllers and playing games. Especially games that can run on a modern fridge.

Do not understand what your point is.

Typical Nintendo only gets away with the bare minimum of effort because they have such a big market presence.
30 games, out of how many hundreds the NES really had? Fuck you.

How powerful is the rasberry pi anyway? Is it viable to use it to run non-vidya programs?

Orange Pi. Odroid. Banana Pi. Etc. Odroid completely shits over the Pi models in terms of hardware.

Depends on model and what you want to do.

1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU, 1 GB RAM
802.11n Wireless LAN, 10/100Mbps Lan Speed
Bluetooth 4.1, Bluetooth Low Energy
4 USB ports, 40 GPIO pins, Full HDMI port, Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video

Yes other SBC exist, but if you are going for cheap and well supported and your only goal is emulation box why would you go with anything else?

Alternatively he can get a 99 dollar Intel Atom PC that completely destroys the Pi at performance and energy efficiency/thermals and has superior software support.

Okay that is nice. But tell me, why would you get that when all you want to do is emulate NES/SNES games?

Cause people are telling him "don't buy that, cause these fucking guys we don't like make it" to prove a point, cut your nose off to spite your face mentality. PAY DOUBLE INSTEAD, JUST SO YOU DON'T GIVE MONEY TO THOSE GUYS.

You got a real fucked up principle there, you call it the CuckPi and point out the SJWism on the one hand, but you suggest a system with an Intel Atom after Intel gave $100m to a bunch of SJW organizations. Is that intentional hypocrisy?

Because why the fuck not? Unless you're so below the poverty line that 99 dollars is too expensive for you. If you want a device to just emulate NES/SNES games then you better fucking get one that does a damn good job

If we're going to argue over which SJW-enabler device is the best, the Atom shits all over the Pi

Shit, is that actually good for doing some programs like Sculpturis? My toaster is pathetic as fuck, and I can't afford a new one. Would it be worth it for that and emulators?

Modern Atoms are fucking great, the HD series GPU is even good enough to play shit like TF2 at medium settings. And best of all Atoms can be passively cooled, meaning no fans, I have an Atom tablet and even the battery life is great on these things

It really all depends on just how shitty your current rig is now though.

amazon.com/RP3-cuckchan-fuck-you/dp/B01CD5VC92

amazon.com/10ft-cable-for-ur-sitting-on-ass-needs/dp/B00C7SA21U/

amazon.com/hub-for-controllers/dp/B00BWF5U0M/

12.79 x 2 if you are not a socially inept NEET
amazon.com/SNES-controller-that-is-not-shit/dp/B002B9XB0E/

amazon.com/16GB-micro-sd-card-for-roms-and-OS/dp/B004G605OA/
SD card does not matter as long as it is a SDHC

amazon.com/3ft-hdmi-cable/dp/B014I8SIJY/

amazon.com/3ft-micro-usb-cable-to-power-the-pi/dp/B012VWH6PQ/

91.41 sans tax and shipping. Would play every NES/SNES game if you obtain them. Could prolly play PS1 and N64 even though N64 has always been a buggy mess. Costs can be lowered if you already have components/going through other places especially for the RPi

Of course not.

Yes

You should be able to run Sculptris on an Intel Atom, just so long as you get one that supports x86-64 since it needs to be on Windows (or Mac). You can use as low as Windows XP SP2 or go with Win7. You also need to make sure it has 1gb of RAM, and that you have OpenGL 2.0 support (which you'll probably get no problem, since OpenGL 2.0 came out like 12 years ago). They also recommend a tablet, but you don't really *NEED* that.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Gameboy-Zero-/222272739117?hash=item33c07cd72d:g:hOoAAOSwLnBX9htk

If you want to go for aesthetic for a device.
If you want the cheapest shit, get a Pi Zero, can play all 2D shit well. Retail about 10 or so. Obviously factor in other prices like power and shit.

nigger you gay & also a dumb

canakit.com/raspberry-pi-zero.html
Holy fuck, what.

You could link 7 of them together in an array for the same price as a Raspberry Pi 3.

can u put a wii/xbox in an altoids can and bring it wherever? I thought not bitch ass honky

Oh, nevermind, it doesn't have internet support.

No, but you could make a laptop out of one, apparently.

instructables.com/id/How-to-give-an-internet-access-to-Raspberry-Pi-Zer/

hackaday.com/2015/11/28/first-raspberry-pi-zero-hack-piggy-back-wifi/

Would not doubt you could shove a regular dongle into with an adapter.
amazon.com/dp/B015XA3W0G/

Yes

The only problem is, once you start buying those plugs, it's gonna add up in price fast. You can buy 3 Raspberry Pi 3s for $105 and they come with everything you need to make an array out of them (and said array will outperform a single Atom).

The dongles and cable converters would make the Pi Zero (which has half the RAM) actually cost more to do the same thing.

It's sad that the original XBOX never got a portable, yet the 360/One did.

Eh, it probably wouldn't take much to do one yourself.

If it's CRT TV, then Wii is probably the best option.

The wiimote on its own can handle most classic game controls pretty well with some creative mapping. And Wiimote + nunchuck has some interesting novelty for a while.

There's a scum engine for it too, if you don't mind playing monkeys island with the IR sensor.

PC works well enough, but getting the right keyboard and mouse for a couch setup is tricky.

Would this be solid?
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JPIF7DW?#Ask

No.

Its a bit more expensive than it should be because its a laptop, you could get the same hardware for even cheaper if you went with a mini-PC or even a tablet like I did

Can you show me which are the best?

No, because I have no experience with them

I can, however, shill for what I got, a Chuwi Hi8, made by some Chinese off-brand, I got it because it had a stellar resolution of 1920x1200 for just 99 buckaroos. Build quality is solid, capable of playing a lot of PC games, all that good stuff

Not sure they're still selling the Hi8 though, I think they moved to the Hi8 pro

The only reason I would advice against going to tablet route is terrible Linux support so if Linux is your thing avoid it

I had an Intel NUC with an i3 processor in it laying around so I recently installed Lakka on it to emulate retro games. Works pretty damn well. I could just as easily install Windows on it and I'm sure it would work fine for lots of basic PC tasks.

Only 99? What are the drawbacks to getting a tabletop compared to just a regular laptop? Is it generally low performance? My current laptop can't run any modern game unless you count Cs:Source and Tf2, and can only manage to run emulators up to Snes be forming becoming a heated mess. Even shit like basic movie editors and 3D max run slow as shit. Is this any better?

It sounds like you want something with an i3 or i5 in it. Atom processors probably wouldn't cut it.

again, modern Atoms are damn good at thermals. The only problem I can maybe imagine is a tablet has no fans while a mini-PC or a laptop will generally have fans or at least a proper heat sink. And while its the same processors either way, on a tablet it might throttle more often than not

is probably right though, it doesn't sound like you want a good SBC or ultra-portable solution, you could move up to an i3 or i5 mini-PC for a bit more horsepower, but it could cost a bit more

I think Intel has an i7 NUC PC now, smaller than a console, but it costs about as much, you probably get far superior hardware either way though

Now that I think about it this shit is more for hipsters than actual gamers.

Nintendo has this weird cult around it that disgusts me, bunch of stupid consumer whores.

The 3DS isn't doing so well. Nintendo knows that handheld consoles are a shrinking market. Sony has the home console market.

They're trying to find new avenues of opportunity, see Pokémon Go.

Ehhhh, less toward hipsters and more toward the people in their late 40s/early 50s that remember playing those games before selling them off and want a good trip before losing interest again. Kinda like those old Namco plug'n'play games.

Hipsters would be more interested in the used game market and buy those bulk retro games to sit on their shelf, never to be touched or loved again.

Why not Namco Museum Vols 1-5?

I know it's crazy but if this product is successful, maybe Nintendo will make a 2nd NES version of with the rest of the games you mentioned and a bunch more 3rd parties to fill it up.

Or could it be possible for an expansion pack (with more games) be made that could attach to the USB or HDMI plug. (Could it even be possible that there is a secret "expansion port" on the underside of this hardware that hasn't been revealed until it gets released?)

Show PC vs Nes Classic now.

Does it have Bosconian?

The thing launched in 2011 and since then has sold more than 59 million units, that's not exactly doing bad for a handheld. If you mean by sales slowing since that 59m figure was reported then that's not much of a surprise either when we're due for a new system generation with the NX.

Whoops, I meant 57m units.

checked
Looks like even Trump can't handle the EUs bullshit.

How much in USD?
It seems like something that would be good for my cottage.

the 3DS is doing very, very well. You just need to see the rate at which games are being released.

Thing is… the mobile market is not for people who want to play games. Actual games fail on the mobile market because of the upfront price.

I never had a portable console before (I'm 35 but I never bought or was gifted any) and recently I bought a PSP, Vita and 3DS. And man, portable gaming is great.

Just not mobile gaming. Mobile games are SHIT. And I worked on the mobile game industry for like 8 years before freemium shit became too much.

What about famiclones

Just wait'll you get to piracy or homebrewing for emulators, PSP and 3DS make fantastic all-in-one machines with the sheer versatility of things they can emulate.

But yeah I'm in agreement there, mobile games are fucking horrid. They're not really intended to be a game in the traditional sense, moreso to just be played on the shitter or squeeze you through microtransactions. As soon as smartphones go out of vogue, though, probably mobile games will die with them.

DS sold over 100 million, in the time that the PSP was around.

So yeah handheld market is declining, Sony is leaving as well. Expect more mobile stuff.

For CFW, go with ME 2.1 for PSP. It's the most up to date CFW. Get an adaptor for memory as well, 128gbs is nice.

3DS CFW is fun for GBA/SNES/NES injects. SNES on N3DS only outside emus on the system.

Don't know how well Vita works, but has PS1 emu now.

we really need a new platform for low cost game production with gameplay being more than swiping colourful shit appearing on your screen like a retard inb4 pc

I've already modded the PSP because I'm going on a trip to brasil of all places so I don't want to be murdered… or get sand on my UMDs

but yeah, the PSP has turned out to be the diamond in the rough. I bought every single game I cared for on the 3DS but for mario 3D land and that thing hasn't seen more than an hour of play.

Vita is beautiful… but… not many games. Persona 4 Golden is a treat though.

Vita has a good amount of shit, just looking for it really. If you like Jap shit, it's perfect.

Yes… I've bought quite a lot… I was in barcelona that has a lot of these second hand gaming stores with cheap games.

I got to one late and missed a Touch My Katamari for 10 euro and I'm still angry… I hope to CFW my vita some day and pirate it.

Well smartphones are still evolving. Maybe in ten years they can run Vita/3DS like games?

Right now most people don't want to carry around a second device that costs an extra 200 dollars.

"Smart" phones (still a shitty marketing name) aren't suitable for games because of shitty controls and software input latency. Pure processing power has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Well then Nintendo is fucked because I can't imagine a resurgence of handheld consoles. Which leaves only Japan.

I own an NES and have quite a good collection. infact i already have all 30 games that come with this.

I am still going to buy it.

Why would you do that? Collecting?

nintendo needs my financial assistance

you are an imbecile. Also, Iwata is dead. The dream is over. SJWs took over.

The faster they die, the less they will tarnish their legacy.

Look at what Sega became. Worse than David Carradine doing infomercials for dildos at 4am.

Thats the "not so bad" ending.

Bad ending is bioware. Or shitface.

but that cant actually happen. right??
shitface?

mr. shitface

WHO?

Tim Schafer

But I already have one.

It's fucking garbage, kill yourself. Classic controller is the only option.

Volume 1 does, yeah

It's way cheaper to use miniaturized versions of the old chips like is done to give consoles backward compatibility than to buy ones overpowered enough to accurately run the games in software. The circuitry needed for NES performance is practically free today so it will be far more profitable to just make a die with the minimal power they need for the flashy menu and the new audio and video buffers needed to work with HDMI and then splodge a tiny little NES core there on the side.

No, I wish the fucking thing would play my 100+ NES carts…

the guy who made monkey island?
why? did he convert to judaism? or cuckoldry.

As someone who's early childhood was spent on the NES: games back then fucking sucked. The SMB games were decent, Donkey Kong was painfully average, Tetris was great, but pretty much everything else on the system was absolute garbage.

Sucks to hear you parents couldn't afford the good games.

its adorable, but probably not. if its cheap enough id consider it just for the novelty. but emulation is going to remain a better option

No. But I know it's going to sell like crazy because of normalfags.

Both but he was always a Jew, turns out most games with his name on them he put in little to no work on like with Psychonauts where beside his autistic demands for a completely from-scratch engine for a fucking 3D platformer he contributed the original psychic-summer-camp idea and nothing else

Nowadays he mostly collects a paycheck for his name being attached to a game and parades around in his fame that doesn't really exist

I don't understand how Virtual Console games can look so bad color-wise, while this box looks fine.

Nintendo better step up their VC game.

No, but I'm considering buying a Bannana Pi pro and making a NES case for it to emulate all off the NES games, not just 30

I'd pay 5 bucks for the outer casing, but I'll stick to my emulator and free vidya

Does that have anything to do with the SJWberry Pi shitheads?

are you going to make a thread with pics showing the process?

Most likely Nintendo ported 30 games to some ARM platform. You can do proper ports with no emulation involved.

im a huge fan of costume quest. i was curious how a faggot like him could put out such a redpilled game. now it makes sense.

No.

When the internet was utter shit?

Yoshi Safari

So far as I'm concerned, it doesn't. And it won't, until a proper MicroSD to PSVita Memory Card adapter is finished. I know there's people working on it right now, but it still seems to be a way off.

No it's just inspired by the Raspberry design. It's different people.

They added save points, so some porting work was involved.

Do you need to modify every ROM to make them work with save states in an emulator? No, because a save state is just a readout of the hardware state at a specific time, meaning it's a function of the emulator or silicon and in this case triggered and managed by the system OS.