Do you have real-life friends who have the same tastes in vidya games as you?

Do you have real-life friends who have the same tastes in vidya games as you?

Have you ever tried to convert them?

Were you successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eclMFa0mD1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cool your jets, autismo. This is more vidya related than waifu threads.

I'm confused, if they have the same tastes as me, how can I convert them?

taking a shit on another shit doesn't make it suddenly not shit.

Yes.
Yes, i tried converting him to play FPSes
Yes, and i regret it deeply.

What did he play before?

Lot of old school RTSes and Championship Manager.

Bloggin in a blog thread.

I had real life friends from childhood till I was 24. But they became shitbags and I had to leave them for being such utter shit, and now I don't know how to make new friends that could ever replace what they once were.
I just can't find any good reason why I should ever ask someone if they want to do something or meet somehwere, I have nothing to offer them, I'm not funny or entertaining, everyone already has friends to spend time with, people better and more familiar than me.

Why the fuck are people who play RTSes religiously stupidly good at fucking FPS?

come to /r9k/

you need to believe in yourself

It has a similar skillset.

Is it 4 A.M. already? Holy shit I thought you were describing yourself but you described me as well.

Man, how do people like you live with being such useless shits? How can you feel that way about yourself every day and keep going? Nobody wants to hear that shit, faggot.

Yes. A few of them started off as internet friends, but some of us actually lived quite close and we ended up becoming pretty good friends IRL. My best friend since High School has mostly similar tastes and I converted him to PC a few years back, and it's been a blast. A few friends will occasionally play CRAPCUNTS shooters like Overwatch I play with them, but I got the game for free, so I'll put up with it occasionally. There's a couple of co-workers that have gotten on and played with us, and we're slowly introducing them to better games, and it's been pretty fun overall.

There's only a small amount of people I know IRL that have insufferable taste, such as a diabetic pedophile that's way too into No Man's Sky.

Not to rain on your self pity parade but who cares if you're not funny or entertaining? Not everyone is and you certainly don't have to be to hold a conversation or have things to offer just know about things. Watch and read plenty of stuff and have opinions on what you see, who cares if they're shit opinions it becomes something to talk about. If you're retarded at talking to people ask people to places in groups, not just one on one. Three isn't a crowd, three lessens the burden of conversation from you a bit and you can passively contribute. Most importantly stop being a sad cunt and fake it till you make it, mind set is just as important as anything else. Chin up faggot we're all gonna make it

I don't have friends.

>Do you have real-life friends who have the same tastes in vidya games as you?
Kinda, we all play grand strategy games together. Victoria II is our favorite. But a few of them also play ASSFAGGOTS still. Overall, most of us have fairly similar ideas on what makes a good game.

Yeah, I've tried to convert them to other games and genres from time to time.

No. No matter how hard I try, they will never have the space autism I have, so I am doomed to wander the vast emptiness of space alone. And it is useless trying to get an ASSFAGGOTS junkie to realize they are playing shit.

But you have time to visit an anonymous imageboard that is oh so famous for quality topics.
Holla Forums has become my last avenue of genuine human interaction. I have woven a complete shell of mystery to my family, and all the people I used to know are like waitresses at a crowded bar. Loneliness is a comfortable feeling once you accept it, like a cool autumn breeze.

I don't have any real life friends

Not everyone works 9 to 5 and visits nightclubs, user. Free time is something a lot more people than yourself have. Especially neet-types, or the self-employed.

It's not hard to browse Holla Forums in your spare time, dipshit.

8chins is the closest thing I have to human interaction these days.

No.

I burnt all my bridges and I got fired about half a year ago and I'm still unemployed, but when I did have friends and co-workers their taste was fucking garbage. I'm talking League of Legends, Destiny, Fifa meme-spewing garbage

Sometimes it's good and bad at the same time.

I don't know many people in real life that are into vidya, and I don't know much about their taste.
I sort of know a guy who's always wearing Overwatch shirts. I try to stay away from him.

Sort of. I've pirated games for people who mentioned only seeing ecelebs play them and made recommendations here and there. I've tried to convert one guy with absolute shit taste, but I only know him online.

Sort of. The eceleb ones only didn't play them because they couldn't into piracy or had toasters. The online guy still has shit taste and seems disinterested in anything I suggest, even if it's free. He's also constantly telling me to buy new games he's hyped about or playing, acting disappointed when I don't want to, and flipping his shit when I mention piracy. I really don't get that guy.

I have 3 friends that all share a pretty specific taste in games, movies and music with me. After being with them for so long I have to switch over to normalfag mode when talking to pretty much anyone else. Especially at work, where not only does pretty much no one else play video games except for one guy that I never see, but I also regularly get people saying how much they don't understand/like the music I listen to.

THIS. I get that most people don't listen to synthwave but it is objectively good music and anyone who thinks its shit is wrong

(checked)
With a little bit of effort and time you could easily get any old normalfag to go along with synthwave and just appreciate it as chill dance music. There's nothing about it that's particularly abrasive or weird, though god knows if it's not top 40 pop that they've heard of before then normalfags will find something to turn their nose up at. Try having your favorite genre of music being noise rock, it's nothing but confused stares and people thinking that you'll shoot up a school at any minute.

Why don't you just go to a nightclub and get AIDS already, proto-normalfag?

join us on the mumble then, I met 2 guys I play with regularly there. Just forgive some of the autism.
8ch.servers.moe

What a shit thread.

Friends, family, romantic partners, and pretty much everything to do with other people are all significantly overrated. You make it sound like getting these things is the most difficult thing in the world, when in reality, most dipshits will readily cling onto anyone who shows even a brief interest in their lives, because truth is that everyone feels like you do, to some extent. In fact, when you run into someone who thinks they're God's gift to Earth, that's red flag number one. Of course, people also hate being shat on, so don't be surprised that you're alone if you go around disparaging people at any opportunity. Although, there are some people who enjoy that, too, the masochists.

In short, go make some friends, you faggot. It's not hard. Also, get the fuck out of here while you're at it, normalfag.

I fucking Hell, I know that feel. Normalfags act as if you don't listen to Kayne West or Miley whateverthefuck you must be a hipster, it's infuriating.

If they have the same tastes as me what would I convert them to? If they don't have the same tastes wouldn't it already be established that we like different things?

You make friends by either being nice to people and making small talk until a level of trust or closeness builds, or by finding common interests on which you can build a relationship. It's easier with classmates or employees because you'll see the same people over and over again. I've made lasting impressions on people just by being nice and helpful without even realizing it.
I'm very introverted so I could be talking out of my ass here, but I'm assuming that's how I made what few friends I have.

ha
hahaha
ahahhahHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAAHAA
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
lol no
But the Arkham knight guy is pretty cool actually, we can be really close in regards to taste sometimes

I've modded my Wii to play Capcom beat em ups. I like to bring it around with a CRT whenever I'm invited to a house party occassionally and have whoever's interested play Shadow over Mystara or Darkstalkers and the like.

I haven't had friends since middle school.

I understand your frustration. I have two sets of CDs in my cars which are pretty much divided into MY music and NORMALFAG music.
MINE consisting of vidya OST, vaporwave, synthwave and some dope shit I run into on youtube or /f/ ( youtube.com/watch?v=eclMFa0mD1c ).
NORMALFAG consists of mostly best of 80's/90's compilations, some Simon & Garfunkel, bit of DIO, Savages and The Sound Defects.

Thinking of adding more metal and maybe nice 90's trance.

they are into Skyrim, Assassins Creed, Fallout 4, Pokemon, and Zelda.

Though now that I think about it, I used to have quite a few friends who were into the same vidya I was, but they were either emotionally unstable, or weirdly clingy. I steel feel bad about breaking off my friendship with them though. One got so ate up he told me to eat a bag of dicks when I wouldn't text him back. I hope they are all doing better.

>>>/reddit/

get a load of this fuckn nerd

Yeah, me and 2 friends all grew up sharing games and developed similar taste over the years.
The main difference is one love MMORPGs, the other loves RTS and I love Sims. We all try games on eachothers recommendation and they are generally good.
Between the 3 of us we all always have something to play as many eyes = lots of finds.

One of my best friends has patrician taste in videogames, so we share our knowledge among the tribe from time to time.

I got an extra 2DS console for another best bro, we're just waiting for the holidays to initiate him on M4HU.

I'm trying to convince my cousin to switch to PC gaming, but he is a confirmed MacroJew Xbone cock swinger. I keep telling him that even MS is trying to convince him to switch to PC since they're bringing over their exclusives and trying to unify the platforms, but he won't do it. I try to show him builds that cost about the same as the Xbox, and will cost less than the Scorpio. Show him how to hook up controllers. Show him how to hook it up to the TV. Show him all the emulators and shit he can run. He doesn't care. He doesn't want to deal with the "hassle" of PC gaming. He just wants to "shit on BKs" on CoD while slamming Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Part of the reason why I bought a PS4 was just to piss him off. We haven't talked since. Once he buys the Scorpio, I'll probably buy his old Xbone off of him for like $100 as a sympathy purchase and for limited backwards compatibility in case my 360 blows out and emulators haven't made much progress.

I think you are just going to need to face the fact your cousin isn't smart and is too lazy to learn.

All my friends had similar tastes in games when I was a teenager. We all like Nintendo, then I moved away and became PC Master Race.

I don't get why some people refuse to play games on a computer. Even when I didn't know much about computers and had consoles, I still played computer games.