Bloodstained got a new publisher

dualshockers.com/2016/10/05/igas-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-gets-a-publisher-shows-new-gameplay/

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/lunarraygames/timespinner/posts/
twitch.tv/lunarraygames
kickstarter.com/projects/paleozoic/olympia-rising/posts
archive.is/EwkmJ
archive.is/FhrDK
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the point of crowdfunding then?

IT'S DEAD

Its killed already huh? Didnt they completely scrap the build they had, too?

rip

It was dead the moment they had that disgusting camera zoom that barely incorporated enemies on the screen, went for the "Female character" Violin theme and musical direction and angle like so many Female-lead games have already done, and had little to no scene and background eye-candy, with little to no enemy variation in the gameplay.

Remember the fucking pirate ships literal fucking enemy roster of like, 4 enemies with two to fight at a single time, (fairly sure) they never overlapped one another on the screen and so fucking cramped and small yet had so many large models, contrast to how Castlevania's backgrounds terrain and stages are small, concise and detailed?

It's basically all wrong, never mind the fact that Michiru Yamane as her career progressed always has composed hit and miss tunes for Castlevania, I mean take a look at HOD's soundtrack which only had VK2 and Juste's theme amongst all that other garbage.

If I had to say what fucked that composer over, it was being thrown into the passive/battle/atmospheric pieces she was to compose for lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, games, whilst good in their own right, simply didn't get into the Funky "nosedive straight to the Vampire whilst taking on his minature horror house slideshow" feels that other castlevania games give.

That, and the main theme they've displayed lacks total replayability and got annoying fast, it's less memorable than a good Deal of Dawn of sorrow's Soundtrack that wasn't one of the many variants of the classics composed.

Bloodstained also suffers from over-designing, those characters look like Fan-fiction offshoots of the aesthetic Order of Ecclesia went for.

I knew this shit would get fucked, I fucking knew it. There is no hope left in man.

To get idiots to pre-order a non-existent game.

Koji looks so sad almost defeated at the beginning when he was talking.

Also isn't this game just basically Touhou? I've never played any of the games but aren't they also supposed to be Castlevania-esque in their design like this game is trying to be?

You know, between this and Mighty No 9 I'm starting to think the MMZ games were a happy accident. Inti Creates just can't cut it lately for whatever reason.

The main Touhou series is a shmup, it's nothing like Castlevania. There are Touhou fangames that are like this, but there are Touhou fangames for everything.

aren't these the same people that completely fucked Payday 2's shit up?

I almost feel sorry for anyone that didn't realize this was going to be MN9 2.0. But they should have known better.

its actually a very worrying trend, and I can't tell if it's greed or legitimate incompetence on the part of the developers, did they not manage the money they were given properly? Did they not realize how much money they needed? Or did dollar signs just pop up in their eyes when some 2 bit publisher offered them some cash?

I think it was pretty obvious to begin with that games that use kickstarter for funding are a crapshoot, but this just makes it even worse, why even waste your time with a kickstarter, and more importantly waste backer's cash if they're just gunna sell out to some big publisher anyway?

anywho, never played Castlevania, where should I start?

The majority of the great games and the golden age in general was a fluke.

But Dark Night Toccata and is one of the best horror Castlevania themes of all time and Ecclesia has the best style Castlevania could aim for. Not overly animu and not overly western.
Nigga those were literally characters from the Van Helsing movie.

I agree that Bloodstained feels bland and the music feels bland.

Its more than 3 million dollars as well. Now I'm worried about Shenmue 3.

I could understand making a deal with a publishing company to just simply have them distribute physical copies of the game, nothing more. But they flat out had them become their publisher, after getting funds for their game through Kickstarter, fuck that.

I had a little faith in this but at this point it's already MN9 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Why can't we have nice games?

yes.

I'd be all in to make a Castlevania fangame.
I joined five projects and they all died because people didn't commit.

No wonder they never committed, you guys didn't have the proper autism for it.

Lovely. I wish fucking faggots would stop falling for these scams.

No. The games we tried to make were all 2d side-scrollers.

I did work on a minecraftstlevania fangame though, that one got finished but it's shit

Why cant we have more good crowdfunded games in general without ruined reputations?

If they are doing it like what Wayforward did with Xseed and use them to publish the game physically but nothing more; sure fine, go for it.

If they are doing what Mighty Number 9 did with deep sliver and actively take more money for the project; then they can go fuck themselves

Another one bites the dust

Why do good work for money when you can put out a half-assed effort and still get the same amount? Kikestarter puts the majority of money they would have earned from sales in their pockets before the product is finished. That means the devs have zero monetary obligation to improve what they have, and means the backers are taking a gamble that the product they've essentially preordered is going to be good. Which it's not.

I'm baffled people still fall for Kikestarter. Does nobody know what a game review is? Does no one know how to handle money anymore? Fuck.

shenmue has about double that, they'd have to be retards to misuse that much, but i doubt the new shenmue game will be good, it's probably gonna be meh

With the classics of course.

You should know by now to follow the people, not the company. For example the guy who did Zero and ZX hasn't worked on anything since Mega Man 10 (besides minor roles in the Gunvolts).

mama mia

More like 404

Nothing will top this game anyway

Dracula's Curse, Rondo of Blood, Bloodlines, Legacy of Darkness, Circle of the Moon, Order of Ecclesia and The Adventure ReBirth were all better games than SotN

You must have some really deep hatred against SOTN then, how can you dislike that amazing artwork, soundtrack, level design, gameplay, and polish?

And on top of that it will still be funded by a company, I don't know what was the point of the kickstarter.

ITS ALL OVER AGAIN

I like it, kind of an OoE but for PC, would buy it even if it was inferior to OoE

I don't hate SotN, it's a good game. It's just that there are many games in the series that are better.

You deserve your fate.

Still waiting on La Mulana 2

Given theyve delayed a few times, gave up their custom engine for a Unity rework, and the alpha is two steps back… im not holding my breath

Maybe, I don't like comparing the linear with the RPG-ish games, although I'd choose classicvania if I had to

lol
No
Yes

To be fair, SotN is piss easy.

And that's its biggest flaw, maybe its only flaw

It has broken items, that you're not likely to find on your first playthrough.
Otherwise difficulty curve is quite nice and overall difficulty is on the same level with Bloodlines.

Well I know, that's like said, it's only problem. It's like you are just walking around for the next area and sometimes attacking without caring too much. But I can ignore that since it's an awesome game overall.

The first castlevanias are hard though.

It's a Boss theme

That and Leons theme are the initially only good themes, next to the cover of the same theme used in Aria of sorrow under a different name in that game.

The most OST's with content that followed on to getting covers by Fans and in future games came from portrait of ruin.

OOE has it's own issues, namely being too short and concise to what was supposed to be a larger adventure, and in truth what everyone was waitign for OSt wise from that game was the bloody theme in it's trailer, and we only got one returning theme, which was Tower of Dolls.

Order of the Demon/Order of the Demon in Satin and Silk tho, that shit fine nigga.

I blame it on the OP weapons you get on the second half, and the shield rod

nearly every song from CoD were jewels.
And from LoI there's Joachim's theme, Ghostly theatre, and House of the Sacred Remains.

From what I understand it was purely to judge interest.

Maybe Orchestra isn't his thing?

A Giant Red flag didn't fire off in your mind when the kickstarter got shilled to death at the sony E3 conference?

ITT: People who don't understand how Vidya works

Pretty much to get attention from investors. The fact that they got so much extra money out of it wasn't really their fault but the fault of nostalgia-blind fags.

Inverted Castle was a joke and really bad implemented. I'd have rather a mirrored Castle. Weapons didn't bother me, It's true that some weapons broke the game, like shield rod, but you cn just, you know, not use them.

Yeah because that demo that was a pretty much low quality 2.5D Aria of Sorrow knockoff really put my hopes up.
It was never going to be good. Not after they decided something like a sword whip weapon should be a backer only weapon.

In other news, a real Devil's Catle-Rockman game is actually delivering, being made by 1 guy, and 1 non-payed supervisor-friend:
kickstarter.com/projects/lunarraygames/timespinner/posts/
And making weekly updates: twitch.tv/lunarraygames

Either way, these guys delivered for me:
kickstarter.com/projects/paleozoic/olympia-rising/posts

The platform is never the problem.

I dunno man, it's more like Inti is given the short ends of sticks, and the end them with pride.

we'll see

I thought everybody loved the demo

If it's good when it's finished I'll pirate it. If it isn't, I'll forget it ever existed. No use getting so worked up about business deals that don't really affect me.

Dropped harder than MN.9 i knew this would happen yet some people didn't listen.

GUYS STOP BEING NEGATIVE

CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE MEMEING ITS FAILURE INTO EXISTENCE?

MEME MAGIC IS SERIOUS SHIT

nigger, if meme magic was real most of AAA and social justice bullshit would've been gone by now

I had no hopes for this after what Inafune did and yet I still feel disappointed.

Same too user, but the fact that it began with a kickstarter is a big fat warning sign that it may not good. You didn't back it did you?

That's not how that works, dumb nigger. Where's the sigil?

Iga used it to get your shekels, Buer the Beautiful.

And the developed shit is mostly games from almost, if not over, a decade ago, can they even still make games.

Well at least chucky isn't a cuck.

Oh god did they do that to the foreign version of that game too? Jesus christ, why do people even play games in English anymore?

Nobody but the most autistic wants to learn Japanese for a fucking video game.

Nigger what

archive.is/EwkmJ

Still self-published, and true to rockman
>Azure Striker Xervolt
Don't conflate
You never played arcade shooters?
And that list was just self-published and self-developed. Plenty others in their CV

6k?

Aren't those the Skypes that forced the micro-transactions in PayDay2?

Why not start your own fan game? With yourself at the helm you can't blame anybody when shit hits the fan.

I can only do spriting, level designing, writing and music, but programming is 3hard5me.

And also this time I don't have enough time to finish this on time, although I may have it… in time.

looks promising but bear bones, we will see.
looks like pretentious indieshitz.

shit
weeab shove ware
WayForward
happy accident confirmed.

Iga said from the start the campaign was to judge financer interests.

If all the goys backed this bullshit and didn't actually watch the video explaining this was a "show me the money" process before the inevitable sellout, they really have nobody but yourselves to blame.

Law of averages and common sense say this'll be worse than SotN and Rondo of Blood, but probably no worse than the DS games.

Honestly, the handheld games were fun, even if they weren't instant classics. But I generally prefer the gameplay of Super to Rondo of Blood, so what the fuck do I know?

If the game is decent I'll buy it. But I'm not giving one of these Kickstarting Skypes a single goddamn yen until the game is finished.

Iga is a level designer, so at least I expect the
game to be fun.

Even this mario map is leaking castlevania everywhere.

Objectively, the DS castlevania games are better than SOTN,. Aria of Sorrow is the best Metroidvania. If something, I expect Bloodstained to be better than Harmony of Dissonance but not as good as Portrait of Ruin.
If you like Rondo and Super, you like Classicvania with more freedom of movement.

Your opinion is bad.

Go to those dev general threads around here. There should be a programmer willing to do something for you. If they don't switch the faggot until your game is complete. Also, get somehelp with level design and shit, that is essential in Castlevania.

Since this is also a general Castlevania thread I would like to say that Curse of Darkness is the best 3D Castlevania game in all aspects.

That was nice.
Speaking of Igarashi, he recently had an interview with one of the biggest castlevania fan page I know of. He said something interesting about Bloostained, that makes me fear it won't be what I want,

Basically, the game will have the same "atmosphere", whatever that means, but it won't be completely the same. Can't we just have SOTN 2?
archive.is/FhrDK

At the very least post an MP4 of that shit, faggot.

That's exactly what Bloodstained feels like. NOT Castlevania. I still think it could be a spiritual sequel, but many of the things we expect are already lost forever. I still think it will be a decent game as long as we don't expect a full-fledged Castlevania.

But that is not LoS No, user, I was just baiting.

Thank you.

Good shit

Incredibly pretty game visually, beautiful music, very fucking polished and feels very comfy.

It's kinda boring though. That's the problem.

The problem was the level design. All corridors feel the same. The crafting and innocent devils were the shit, that's what castlevania games should aim to.

Pretty much this. I still had my hopes up. IGA should concentrate in IMPROVING the formula, not just adding gimmicks for the fuck of it. AoS2 never ever.

Is there a version without the random faggot talking? I can't hear what Igarashi is saying.

There is no point. They have all proven they can not manage themselves.

vi/ed for look up 6 lines up.

It's been past a year since those demos for timespinner.
Try olympia rising, tell me how you like it.
k
k
Wayforward is like Comcept in this case, they make the concept art, Inti develops.

Who?

What?

You seemed to be backwards. Wayforward developed Pirate's Curse. Inti Creates just did the portrait art.

wow, what a shitty level design. especially the fate jump that can put you in koopa's range

Combat was also pretty cuhrayzee in CoD and I loved how stealing from enemies worked.

Also there's all sorts of cool stuff like jumping on the wyvern's head and flying that you don't necessarily discover on your first playthrough.