Is umbrella corps the biggest flop of 2016?

Is umbrella corps the biggest flop of 2016?

they should have released it free with crazy amounts of cosmetic DLC. It still would have been a shit game but I bet you they would have made a profit off it. It's weird how incompetent these game developers are.

wasted potential

Powered by Unity

If they fixed the net code and the controls. Opperation raccoon city would probably be remember as one of the best multiplayer games of last generation.

Depends.

How did this do compared to Stillborn?

Hard to tell. Because Battleborn had a way bigger marketing budget.

Its like 10$ right now on sale for PS4.
Also they're having a resident evil sale but not discounting the RE4 ps4 version. Kikes.

it's all been pretty terrible this year

There was also the new Mirrors Edge, Stillborn, Quantum Break, Mighty No 9, The Division, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Far Cry Primal.

Not only that but it's Japs trying to get into a foreign genre they have zero experience in and it shows.

Then that would make Stillborn the bigger flop.

I remember a kid in elementary school who insisted that corps was pronounced like corpse. that's my story thanks for listening.

There are literally so many spin offs you could make about Resident Evil instead of this.

Resident Evil Outbreak File 3
A game like Prototype but about a BOW
Raccoon City online survivor game
Any fucking prequel
A game about the Merchant from Resident Evil 4
And those are just a few examples.

I'll never get over the fact the merchant was supposed to be in 5.

Obama pronounced corps the same way.

I miss the girls of outbreak. Literally ever girl in outbreak is QT waifu girl.

Hell the character models of outbreak still look great

You can call that game a lot of things, and you'd be right, but I don't think "flop" is one of them.
Enough gullible idiots threw their money away to make it a success. The dev's are probably after this, but the game still sold.

Well, there's critical flop and commercial flop. NMS was a massive critical failure, but unfortunately sold well. For the first few days anyway. And it was overpriced by about 30-40 dollars, which added to the negative reception.

The very concept of this game does not seem solid enough to justify its apparent budget.

Battleborn wish it had Nu-male lies numbers

Can someone spoonfeed me what exactly went wrong with Umbrella Corps?
with shitty movement being one of the points most likely

You can see it in action.

Yeah. I checked Steam Spy and there are more people playing Bad Rats.

I never realized how much I wanted this until now. I wouldn't even care if it's mobile garbage.

What's even sadder more people were playing Umbrella corps than Battleborn to begin with too.

Didn't this have a metric fuckton of returns?

And the CISbusters game.

Why did people even buy this shit in the first place?

At the very least for Sony.

16 QUINTILLION PLANETS. It also pretended to be new, have multiplayer, and be fun. We all know how those lies ended up.

They tried to, but Sony and Valve refused to budge and respond to buyers remourse

Is this flopkino?

Battleborn and No Man's Sky might hurt their devs for a long time, Capcom can withstand disappointment and shitting their fans, can't wait it that free update for the Resident Evil Vendetta movie will come out.

And Outbreak Files 1 and 2 need to fucking come out to PC, the netcode for the fucking emulator sucks most of the time.

I was talking about Umbrella Corps, not No Man's Sky.

Close, but not. It's Battleborn.

Umbrella Corps should have absolutely avoided trying to shoehorn itself into the main game lore.

What it should have done is cover the various instances throughout the many main RE games where Umbrella's paramilitary groups operated. There's all of RE2-3 and the train section in RE1. There's the attack on that island in Code Veronica and the attack on the Russian installation in Revelations. It should have also avoided bringing in any of the characters like Leon or Claire, but instead adding in instances where you can see where they've been or get glimpses of them from afar. That way the game isn't tied to any other game at all. The focus could have instead been on the conflict between Umbrella forces and US military forces such as the attack on the power plant or that scene in RE3 where military forces took down a tyrant.

The game had massive potential and really could have taken a page from Outbreak by making it possible for characters to stay dead during chapters and provide different endings based on who lived and who died. The undead really could have played a much bigger part where there's a massive cluster in the city where you cannot under any circumstances cross paths with, but there are many ways to try and go around them, create paths or divert them towards enemy forces. Dying Light's system where the enemies can buttfuck you if you get caught be them would have worked nicely with a day/night system where they could better blend in and you could have stronger mutants show up at different times.

I'd also remove the crazy tumblr tier outfits from the pc character's base uniforms and instead put in a dress up system where players could customize it based on what they find in the game. For example, you can get a RDP outfit by finding it in the police station or a Umbrella merc supervisor drop off of one of their corpses.

They could have set up different paths as well depending on which direction you decide to go and where the main horde is at any time. They could have also used the enemies in a system similar to Nemesis or the regular enemies from Outbreak where they will follow you from room to room. It would keep players moving until they can find one of the few relatively safe places in the city. Of course, that could then change depending on what the enemy is doing. If they wanted to add dlc, then they can keep it to extra campaigns, such as what if scenarios.

Umbrella Corps had a massive amount of potential to do good and try something a bit different than just another 3rd person squad shooter with a silly story that feels forced and characters that don't really fit their circumstances.

Can confirm.

The singleplayer was shit but I dumped so much time into the multiplayer just because I would play as Beltway and plant frag mines under a static piece of newspaper in the alleyway of one of the maps and wait on top of a building until so came by it and detonated it. They could never see it and they would just keep trying to go through the alley and die over and over.

Also the whole triple threat with ai BOWs was interesting. Especially when there would be times when I person was just about to gun you down but then a hunter would leap at them from fucking nowhere and kill them. Hilarity all around.

Its a shame it was so buggy and the story was terrible, even if it was considered non-canon. So much wasted potential.

The devs were hurting so bad they died a few days after the game came out.

I'm sensing a pattern here.

How much did they spend on it?

Please keep your Holla Forums shitposting on Holla Forums

Was there any game where this actually worked?

Maybe Command and Conquer Renegade?

Wait the new Mirrors Edge actually came out?

Halo 3 ODST.

Of fucking course it won't be, that's guarateed. What we can hope though, is that it'll be good.

Operation Raccoon City could still be enjoyed, after the horrid first level and after you got some special abilities. Indeed it had some cool features L4D had not. Too bad you couldn't play multi with the pirate version.

well its like the saying goes. the bigger they are, the harder they fall

Battleborn is clearly the bigger flop.

Only thing I hated about these games was that contamination mechanic. Some levels were really convoluted to me when I was younger so it took me a while to wrap my head around the game. I didn't play the first outbreak only the second one, only finished a couple levels but I liked the zoo level, the infected animals were insane

Isn't it just a Unity game? They couldn't have invested that much into it if they choose Unity. For that reason, it probably doesn't even make the biggest flop list at all.

She's mightily endowed all right.

so whats become of her "these days"?

No idea. All I know is she's probably dead for feminist reasons.

its either that or they make her do a 180 whos completely unhappy with the way people ogle her giant hypno titties instead of respecting her for her personality but maybe i shouldnt actually post things like this on the internet because now it will come true.

has dc been as eager to bend over for this new wave feminism as marvel has under their disney overlord?

Yes, very much so in fact. If not a whole lot worse. Don't ask me I don't pay attention to anything recent to comics. All I know is it's pretty bad.

It's not as pozzed as Marvel is right now but some comics have retarded stuff like (((mansplaining))) in it. Heard Detective Comics and Superdad were good, and the Flintstones one is actually fun.

Mighty number 6.5.

You have to actually spend money on a game for it to be a flop. Umbrella Corps is 90% reused assets from the series as a whole as was probably made on the staff's lunch breaks.
I wouldn't be surprised if a single sale recouped the cost of the game's "development"

The guys who made those issues were actually canned by DC after a few months. Because they realized SJWs don't buy their fucking comics, they shut down a wing they practically dedicated to putting SJW shit in their comics for WW. When they were shut down they tried to claim it was because the staff was mostly women but they just commented that their shit wasn't selling.

DC isn't as bad as Marvel in the SJW department. They realized quickly that they don't buy the comics and that's why Rebirth is about actual fuckin stories and adventures. Marvel fell deeper and deeper into the hole. They recently did a comic called 'Champions' starring Miles, Kamala, Nova, Vision's Daughter and Cho Hulk. It's about a teenage hero group which sounds alright but the first issue it has them uncovering a sex trafficking ring run by Not-Joker. The issue fucking ends with them finding the children, one of them dies and the group turns around to start checking their phones to see they're trending. I'm fucking serious, one of them comments 'Looks like we've started something here' while a dead child is rotting behind them.The writers for the arc admitted they wanted to make the comic about social activism which alot of Marvel fans detested upon announcement.

i might have thought it was some kind of gag to say "haha theyre just teens after all" if it werent for that.

Fuck Marvel.

Forgot to mention for Mafia III since it's a shitstorm at the moment.