UHD

Rec some 4K blurays

UHDs I rec- Blade Runner, Harry Potter 1-8, Alien Covenant

VHS > Bluray > DVD > 4K

its okay you can't tell the difference because you have seen them

Why

Embarassing

4K HDR> DVD> 4K> Bluray>VHS

You living in la la land? All the ones I mentioned were shot on film senpai. Of course I will pirate 4Ks also but I'll buy the ones I want.

VHS makes films more aesthetic.

No they don't you are a fucking idiot.

Might as well post the T2 screenshots of its 4K bluray that's also bluer.
Please keep being retarded.

>>>/cuckchan/

Bought a copy of Big Trouble in Little China on dvd for $3.74 at walmart because I was too lazy to torrent it. Netflix will be streaming 8k before I even buy a 4k tv.

And even netflix streaming 4K right now looks worse than bluray because streaming implies its compressed bullshit and not a remux

lolololol

just because some assholes decide to master something properly has nothing to do with it being 4k

Wanna know how I know you don't have a new television?

nice try shill, my parents just got a 4k television for christmas.

aside from some brighter colors it looks like the same old shit

lel
Of course rips look like compared to actual BDMV files you stupid nigger, it's re-compressed video, unless they just copy the raw files from the disc.

Even if it's a re-encode, bandwidth issues in different parts of the world will also cause bitrates to fall, usually far greater than the average 20-30 mbps average you get on the standard bluray disc. HD and especially UHD streaming is a meme. Compression on broadcast TV is even worse.

I said quality transfer as well, I know it doesn't have to do with the bitrate, but the actual print itself does have a lower bitrate than the original print

Transfers can look like shit even before they're encoded to a disc retard.
Film prints don't have a "bitrate". If a "print" looks fucked up, it's either because they bluray is sourced from an HD master made years earlier before HD technology was ironed out, or whoever was in charge of a restoration didn't know what they were doing, like the shitty color grade on the LotR discs.

I mean the overall quality of the film print compared to the bluray transfers shit bitrate.

Not even counting the color grading shit on lotr, all im saying is the quality can be improved a ton from an up to date larger disc in the UHD

Stop using the word "film print" in place of encode or transfer. Film prints are not the same thing as the actual video on a disc, outside being the source from where an HD transfer and encode came from.
20-30mbps isn't a shit bitrate as for as home video discs are concerned. Blurays still have better bitrates than streaming video, which is what normalfags have migrated to now.
You're right, and considering the costs of discs not to mention the players which still are hundreds of dollars as well as many of these still being technically upscales, the upgrade isn't worth it. If you want to be an early adopter and can't wait to double dip on movies they will better an even better 4K encode and HDR color grade with the possibility of some extra features, then go ahead.

I would rather adopt now for something that exists because there aren't a ton of 4Ks even available now, but there are some coming out every now and then like Minority Report and Jurassic Park this year. I wouldn't want to keep up with the normal bluray for 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 more years until there's better than 4K encodes. Which still then could just be actual 4K and not 2KDi still. Some of the ones that exist are definitely more than worth the bang for your buck if you have already invested in a 4K tv. if you havent then theres no point

Are you even playing 4k content lol

I've seen the 4k movies played on screens at stores, it's not that impressive outside of nature documentaries

Probably not any good ones

show me a good one

You need to get a better 4K tv first

lol