The console mod saga continues:

The console mod saga continues:
archive.is/VfzXn
>Furthermore, they'll both receive updates to take advantage of the PS4 Pro.
>Skyrim will receive mod support first upon the launch of its remastered edition on 28th October.
Will it really happen this time?

I thought they said they couldn't implement mod support, or was that just for falloutofmyass 4?

off by 1

What mods even work on consoles? Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to just play the games on PC?

It's pretty clear by now that Sony wanted Bethesdas ass on the line for any copyright infringement in mods and Bethesda didn't really want to check mods before distributing them. So now we'll get a halfassed solution that makes nobody happy. Yay.

"B-but building a pc is haaaaaaard!"

shameful that people think that putting together fragile lego that comes with less instructions than ikea furniture and needs no more tools than a butter knife is some huge task

PC part merchants should have started pushing for building a PC being piss easy ages ago.

No new graphics, no new sounds, no script extender. I guess stuff like "Arvak's Skull Quest Marker" would work, but it'll be a pretty limited selection.
On the flip side, no external assets probably means that they're not going to try the whole "paid mods" thing again. Hopefully.

why bother with pc if you can sell your old console and get a new one?

Like it'll even matter if they can't use a script extender. Consolekiddies won't understand what that means. Bethesda's also in the process of locking down all modding for their games by de-emphasizing Nexus and pointing everyone to Bethesda.net

Anyway, one of the top FO4 mods gets rid of the dialogue wheel and puts back in the previous dialogue selection window, which is hilarious and points out how shit the game is

the parts come with instructions but since any half-wit can build a pc, most people don't use them

PS4 "mods" can only use in-game assets. Dead on arrival.

Yeah, that one will go down well with the community.

FO4 and the paid mod debacle pissed away a lot of goodwill Bethesda had with their moronic fans.

Did it really piss off Bethesda fans though, or just people who like modding their games?

So basically the most it can go to are just retextures? Whats the point?

jesus.

No, the most it can do is community bugfixes and rebalancing, plus unlock some more parts for basebuilding that are available in the game, but not exposed yet in the vanilla basebuilding menus.

This isn't even funny anymore

FO4 wasn't what they were hoping it was going to be. One of the more popular mods is the one that "fixes" the dialogue system, and pretty much everyone hated how the narrative pigeonholes you into a specific character.

As for mods, yeah, people were pretty mad when modders started pulling their shit off the Nexus because Bethesda was doing nothing about all the stealing and reuploading for the console peasants.

So the children that bought PS4 don't throw a tantrum only the XBox gets mods.

I guarantee you there will be cuckolds defending PS4 "modding" and calling it superior.

all the non-script extender dependent mods.
so none anyone actually wants.

oh, sorry, some of the texture replacement mods don't work either and brick XBones.

That was just one modder fucking with the peasants because he got mad they kept stealing his shit and Bethesda did nothing.

user, Bethesda has managed to reduce modding to bugfixing and rebalancing.
They're externalizing the costs of patches.
This is a whole new level of kikery the world hadn't seen before. I'm actually kinda impressed.

Whatever happened to that one guy who figured out how to brick consoles?

Mysterious car accident in maryland

paid mods when?

They've been doing that ever since Morrowind. The first two to three years of every Bethesda game mod cycle are all about unfucking the game, fixing the bugs, fixing the models, fixing the balance. Endless fixes.

It's kind of sad that Bethesda foisted QA onto their fanbase and they praise them for it.

Whelp user, the Xboners stole Mods directly from stuff like the Nexus and were surprised when the Xbone couldn't handle it or run anything requiring script extender. i remember when one Xboner starting a thread and admitting to not understanding what trouble shooting is. It was hilarious.

You can get the equivalent of it by pirating Skyrim, free, and downloading Skyrim Perfectly Modded that installs pretty graphics in a simple installer, yet again, for free.

Why anyone would buy or even pirate this awaiting shitstorm is beyond my mental comprehension.

if you ask anybody who played a lot of morrowind, some of the bugs are actually quite impressive.
the whole game is so fucked up someone wrote their own version of it to unfuck the thing

There were retards that bought FO4 too.

Can't beat FO4 where loading speed is tied to framerate.

Then again, it's the same shit engine Bethesda has been using for over a decade.

at least it's not gta 5 where physics refresh rate is tied to frame rate

How can they fuck up that much?

fuck i pressed enter accidentally.
In gta 5 physics refresh rate is tied to frame rate and there's a bug where every time your suspension is compressed you get a speed boost. Then there's the fact that your car's suspension is being permanently compressed one way or the other (be it the little shake cars do when gear shifting, the fact that all roads in the game are imperfect or downforce pressing your car down).
The conclusion? In gta 5 the higher your frame rate the faster all of your cars go. You might think "it's a minor difference" but when you compare 120fps to 30fps some of the cars more affected by this bug accelerate 2x faster and that's just one of the fucked up things it causes or one of the fucked up things in game

Still can't beat Bethesda, where the engine speed is tied with framerate.

I swear to God, they're wizards.

To put it into context, they managed this miracle on the same engine (and it is the same fucking engine with a few slight modifications) they've been using for fourteen years.

Fourteen. Fucking. Year.

Gee yeah, that's hard as fuck!

I heard a rumor Beth will be releasing one last tour de force DLC on the remastered Skyrim only.

Now I can only imagine half naked ladies running at many MPH while I ride inside them.

Which is?

Sounds like something Ciircuit would draw

It's the engine's fault, I think.
It's probably because the engine's development predates Doom.'

i actually love shit like this. finding quirky details and workarounds hidden in plain sight is mostly a thing in older games, its nice to see it not completely dead

however is pure laziness

Wall of text incoming

Here's a neat little bug from morrowind
Bethesda intended to give you a sneak skill penalty by wearing different kinds of footwear (clothing was supposed to give -3, light armor -15, medium armor -30, heavy armor -45). In morrowind you can wear clothing on top of armor but not footwear, and in the game's code that works by making all footwear also count as clothing so both of these slots are filled and a player can't wear both a clothing piece of shoes and an armor piece of shoes.
Basically, in the data of every single thing that goes in your character's feet in the list of slots they occupy bethesda wrote "clothing, light armor" or "clothing, heavy armor" and so on and when the game accesses that to see what sneak penalty to give it sees clothing first and applies a -3 penalty to all footwear instead of the penalty they intended the scary part is that it also sometimes happens when the player isn't wearing anything on their feet, which either means something is really fucked up or the game randomly puts on and removes an invisible piece of footwear on your character
They never fixed it, too. you have to install a mod if you want that shit behavior.

jesus christ

You can post several videos at once.

But who's gonna make me?
You?
If you're looking for a fight I'll be happy to oblige.

I wouldn't put it past them. Likely couldn't be arsed to put in code for when the character is barefoot so they simply have him wear invisible socks.

That's the thing with Bethesda. They don't give a fuck, they know their mod community will do QA for them, which is why every game that gets released, for the next couple of years, the majority of mods are basically there to fix things in the game.

Dear fucking God, where do they find these people?

ll fokin wreck ya m8

Cummiesfornia, where else.

I hope the predictions about a major earthquake hitting Los Angeles prove to be true.

i wonder if i can download the data folder of a bethesda game, paste it in the other, give the main .esm file a proper name if needed and just have it run. Do you think they changed the engine enough for that not to work?

Nah, you can use morrowinds modding tools to mod F4 if you wanted.

That does not work. Most of the art assets are not fully compatible, and the scripting language changes between games.

It is possible with a bit of conversion though. See Morroblivion, or Tale of Two Wastelands.

does this mean there's no head bobbling? otherwise the train wouldn't behave like a train, right?

what if they gave ms. train just a little head bobbing to simulate train shake?

They use different animations for first and third person.

I thought the whole point of those types of trains was there was no shaking.

A camera trick to make you think the train is animated and actually moving like a train is in place. if it's in first person an invisible helmet that affects your vision is put in place for example.

The reason this train trick was put in is because it's impossible to put proper vehicles in the game due to the engine. Modders were able to do it but the physics behind it is pretty much nonexistent. The reason this "art" is lost is because older games also had engine limitations and shit had to be cut or you had to be creative.