KSP is free

KSP IS DEAD LOL

>forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/149292-thank-you-for-everything-and-good-luck/
>unreddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/55vozd/theres_no_easy_way_to_say_this/
From another reddit user:

Great news for KSP, the modders will be able to fix the game without squid breaking it every month or so. Hopefully squad will ditch working on KSP to keep being the filthiest of the mexicans.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad_(company)

>develop-online.net/news/squad-devs-blast-kerbal-space-program-studio-for-high-crunch-and-low-pay/0220059

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90246-the-comprehensive-kerbal-archive-network-ckan-package-manager-v1180-19-june-2016/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/128660-1111-1-apr-19-2016-dynamic-texture-loader/&page=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So it's being left alone? I don't see the problem, if the devs think it's done then fine. It left early access a while anyway didn't it?

GAAAAYYYYYY

Fuck off Max.

No, the developers basically decided they didn't want to continue working on it (even though they never really did much work to begin with) and just arbitrarily released one of the patches as 1.0. The only way this game gets finished is if they release the source code

It would be both amazing to have that and awful to read all their spaghetti code.

I was going to buy this shit the last time it went on sale, which was like 2 or so weeks ago. I think.

So fucking glad I held back now.

Looks like a bunch of autistic drama. Why should I care?

Even if they don't? We can dream that people may just hack it to make it happen. Cause after all, its possible and the things popular enough to inspire that kind of autism. Though truth be told they should just release the fucking source code as not to be total dicks.

Who would fucking agree to that?

An autist.

a spic

I doubt it was an outright agreement of 2,400/yearly. I'm sure there was some form of promise of a portion of profits after a certain point in time, most likely after the game officially released, and he worked towards that like a fucking moron. Then the game releases and so is he from the job.

Reddit will still shower the greasy spics with money.

It's userbase is lost to reality while claiming themselves our superiors.

They are deeper into the autism spectrum than most.

What

They should, they made lots of money by selling this game at ridiculous prices to muh NASA Spayce xDDD Redditors and also young Youtubering children.

Making it FOSS wouldn't prevent them from selling the game either and the improved source-code would help keep the game fresh if they care about keeping it selling.

I swear, if the final version doesn't have antennas working properly and signal relaying implemented…

Oh holy shit nice id

Mods will fix it!

How new are you?

Older than you if you dont fucking know what dubs are

Hello, fellow 8channer!
All TOR users get that id.

Why is there no Nurgle Space Program?

It runs on Unity, can't handle more than 100 objects even on killer rigs with multiCPU, has shittiest fucking memory handling I've seen in space-related vidya(and i've played precursors), can't have Lagrange points because lel SOI physics.

The moment they started to simply copy mods into the game while shuting down said mods on the mod pages and their forum, the retards should've woken up.
But they didn't. So this shit won't change anything anyway.

you are full of shit OP

its on origin?

A minimum wage burger flipper makes more than this

Minimum wage slave here.
I make more than that monthly.

I can tell you exactly what happened here though.
The guy was lured in with promises of "You get x% of all revenue the project makes when it releases" which in his mind sounded like "Bust your balls now and you can make FREE MONEY forever afterward" which obviously isn't how things work out, but people are easily suckered into these kinds of things.

Have a seat, right here.

So why not release a new KSP that utilizes Space Engine?

Don't tease me user

Depends on state, but yeah, I make more than that yearly
t. actual burger flipper

Didn't the latest update just add that?

I don't know, did it? That would be swell.

I genuinely don't see what's wrong with this. KSP is one of like three games I've paid full shekels for in my adult life and I didn't even regret it. Making it open source (and free) should be good news for all involved parties.

Do you mean free as in no money or free as in modders can finally tamper with it and make it good?

Mods will fix it :^)

Are Mexicans really that cheap?

Didn't they have some problem with a community manager stealing something some years back?

The sad thing is he's actually trying. What a fucking retard. I never put any effort into the game and could get to any planet/do anything I wanted.

How were they eating?

top part meant for

Agreed, it's already piss easy to pirate games and it's been proven that casuals are unwilling to compile source code under any circumstances.

I don't think Space Engine has a SDK yet and it's not going to be added unless the dev gets $150k in donations.

who would've thought ?

And it did cost me only $7 in 2011. All updates were free.

Stopped watching there.

Squad is a Dutch Mexican company.

Yeah and because of that cost of living for everybody is sky high. Meanwhile in Mexico cost of living is cheap as shit (mostly because nobody wants to live there). That's how they can get away with 2400 a month.

These faggots really need to learn how to make contracts, hell you can find templates for this shit online. It's an easy way to ensure you don't get fucked over.

>>5 years of _indie_development
>>giant extremely competent modding community
>>actually fun game, but extremely limited by performance problems enrooted deeply within the engine.
>>game is officially released too, in an extremely unpolished, buggy state.

Have they released the 64-bit compatible version yet? I'm tired of having to use the workaround that breaks the config file and resets all my motherfucking keybinds whenever I open the game.

it is amazing they got paid at all.

Also;
lel

That's.. outright slavery.

Had a friend who had to survive per weeks with 100 pesos (which is around 5 bucks) with only chips and soda to eat.

But it depends.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Games like KSP and Minecraft (although what I'm talking about manifests thousands of times more intensely with minecraft) don't feel finished.
They feel like a few superficial updates have been slapped on, but they never really feel "finished" as if this should be the final product.

Wut? Sorry for doubleposting.

Post YFW you never ever caved and paid for KSP and only ever pirated it.

It's hard to get somewhere when instead of having a clear destination, you only have a general idea of the direction you want to move in. Games like these tend to be forever stuck in an unfinished state with a slow-ass development cycle.

So glad I didn't pay a penny for this.

That's true for almost any "sandbox" game because there usually ISN'T a clear goal or finishing point. Ironically KSP felt the most "complete" to me waaaaay back in like 0.0.9 when literally the only thing you could do was get into orbit. It was hard as fuck because there was no map, no maneuver nodes, no MechJeb or Kerbal Engineer, and the atmosphere was as a soup. If you wanted to accomplish this you had to do literal orbital mechanics calculations and time your burns with a stopwatch to properly circularize. It felt like accomplishing something when you whipped back around to the light side of Kerbin and found you had a stable orbit with an eccentricity of like 0.001, doing things with a slide-rule like the Mercury and Gemini astronauts. When they added all the new shit in career mode, it's like there became new goals, but only symbolic or partial ways of meeting them. You could never get that same feeling except maybe the first time you landed on the Mun.

With how it is now, though, it would be a simple matter of adding some kind of end-goal that actual completes the game. Maybe like researching FTL and building a huge Generation Ship and loading it with like 100 Kerbals. This triggers the ending cutscene where they go rocketing off to a new solar system, ending the game. As it is, you never finish, you just… stop playing when you run out of things to do.

I had gotten plenty of hours out of this, I just feel bad for Harvester because he got jewed by his boss "helping him" with development.

I think the community is autistic enough to finish anything the "devs" leave unfinished.

he probably lived in an abandoned warehouse and cleaned himself with salt water, but it's possible

They already have, between Realism Overhaul and Realistic Progression Zero the game becomes better than anything Squad ever planned.
Both mods are maintained but an actual staff member that didn't like the finished game

Like all other games like this, most of the updates have come from or at least been inspired by unofficial mods. The newest update is just a watered down version of RemoteTech.

Hell, I remember when they added the Mun the first mod I downloaded was one for lander leg parts because Squad had not thought to add them yet.

I personally saw no fun in building rockets sim

It's a mix of modders beating them to shit they had planned, modders doing it better and Squad dropping their plans and modders being good enough to get jobs with them.
I remember when the team was just Harv + modders than had been hired.
Also

well, hell, if you only make $2400 a year you can still get welfare, so I imagine that's what was going on.

That just looked silly. Only worked because fins were bugged back them to be indestructible.

Was the RCS thrusters from a mod or was that actually original? I just remember it being a big deal because every large craft before then was made with shoving hilariously huge piles of the reaction-wheel-things-that-evolved-into-SAS onto the tops of fuel tanks to get enough stability.

I don't know, they talked about doing it a long time before they did but I don't know if a modder beat them to it.
Half the time they were beaten to their own ideas because they really weren't the best coders.

I feel strong buyers regret. Paid for it early in development when it was showing promise. Waste of god damn money. Spic devs never ever

Water fountains and bags of potatoes are your friends in times like that.

*public water fountains

Care to be more specific? I'm curious as to what, exactly, you wanted that you never got.

Tell me more about good ksp mods, I may give the game another go.

Start with CKAN, while it has issues it's still the best mod manager for KSP and the best overhaul mods are sets of 50+ mods so you are going to want a manager.
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90246-the-comprehensive-kerbal-archive-network-ckan-package-manager-v1180-19-june-2016/

Once in CKAN make sure you point it to an install that isn't going to be automatically updates, this will fuck your shit up.

Now just use the CKAN search to the "Realism Overhaul" and then "RP-0". This completely changes the game to launching very realistic rockets from Earth into a full scale model of our solar system.
If you aren't into extreme realism these mods aren't for you but it's all I play with.

a spess game
regardless of it's state now, early in development it looked autistic and shitty enough to be genuine
I don't know the exact version number.

I shouldn't have to read 1 quarter into your thread to find out what you're talking about. Your thread a shit, OP.

I wasted $7 in 2011.

Was it really wasted? While I'm disappointed the plans from 0.16 - 0.18 never happen I have still gotten more than my moneys worth with around 300 hours for $10. The only other games that come close to this value for money for me are FTL, CS:S, Morrowind, RO2 and ARMA 3

this is a meme I haven't encountered before

I think it's a modern take on this classic.

It was doomed to fail

I might have also gotten my moneys worth, but I think it matters more of who the money goes to. I regret purchasing KSP not just because it was ruined later in development, but because Squad descended into completely jewish practices. For me, it doesn't matter what the former may be. I won't purchase a perfect game from a evil developer, and I won't purchase a terrible game from a great developer.

The only reasons Mexicans can survive on that is because freedombux translate into mad dosh

Hmm, ksp already pushes my toaster to its limits, will this be even more demanding?

Haven't played KSP in a while, and I didn't mind the manual way of installing mods, but holy shit that's way nicer. Downloading now

It depends what your bottleneck is. If it's memory (which is a problem for everyone especially with large crafts because lolunity32-bit) then there is a mod you can download which compresses all textures and greatly helps that. If your short on processor power, I'm not sure what could help; your bottleneck is going to be the number of objects that physics is acting on at once, so the size of the planet won't change anything, but the fact that you need to build bigger and more complex craft to escape the gravity of those planets might.

when using an acronym you type the entire word or phrase then the acronym.

Op should have at least typed out "Kerbal Space Program" in the thread title

If you don't know what KSP stands for you have no business being in this thread in the first place.

understood, you BSDC.

Oh yeah? Well you're a DSPF who SALBD while SOHBHAESAIDS and ITFYM last night, too.

how dare you

OP posted links to kerbalspaceprogram.com, how did you have a hard time figuring this out?

If they outsourced the coding to say Poland they'd be able to live like kings for those $2 an hour.

That's actually still below minim wage, even here.

Ukraine more likely

Isn't that every early access game though? I've never seen one leave the "early access" phase in a state I personally would consider "finished". The whole idea seems like a patreon money-pump scheme from the start where they sell a product they can continually work on bite-size bit by bit while milking money under the guise that the game will be great some day.

Can anyone name a single finished early access game for me? I'm genuinely drawing a blank here.

Wasn't Divinity an early access game? I only remember it being funded through kickstarter.

The OP wasn't the best and I'll make it better next time, I meant to put in a decent title but forgot.

Dynamic Texture Loader is what is being updated instead of Active Texture Management, as far as I'm aware. I've not used these mods and I don't believe it's updated for 1.1.3.
>forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/128660-1111-1-apr-19-2016-dynamic-texture-loader/&page=1

I personally think FAR, RPM, KIS+KAS and KerbalEngineer are essential while also being fairly low-impact memory wise with anything else just improving it further.

I wouldn't have brought this up but I just wanted to agree with here

What part of him saying he "shouldn't have to read 1 quarter into the thread" did you not understand?

Polite Sage

the newfags will never learn

Returning from that huge green planet thing is definitively non trivial without space planes.

One thing that could do it for me is a variation of the shitty carrer mode

you unlock tech doing jobs, for instance, special turbo thruster needs land on mun and come back, rather than 115 science points that you get grinding fucking eva ON EVERY FUCKING BIOME