Game keeps track of your kills and deaths

Why do games do this? It only encourages killwhoring instead of teamplay and it drives perfectionists crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QgZRT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Call of Duty

git gud

You're basically asking why you have such shit taste in games.

this

Gas thyself knave >>>/gaschamber/

I'm the one that allows you to gain that smug sense of superiority, by distracting and weakening and luring and blocking the people that you end up killing.

I'm going to play what I want and talk about what I want, and fascists like you can't do shit to stop me.

Have fun eating shit friend.

Have fun trying to police people over everything you can think of autist.

Literally never happens to me. You should get out of silver before complaining.

Who did most of the work?

How can you possibly live with yourself? Don't you have basic self-respect? You might as well go sell your boipussy for money now.
Holy shit.

The one who killed the enemy because the first guy was a faggot who couldn't even finish the job.

Overwatch did this right

You're the only one trying to derail shit, faggot.

You're all fucking faggots for playing anything with health sponges anyway, so fuck along off with any sense of superiority.

How about you get a good K/D if it matters to you so much.
also to the muh assist faggots play a team objective based mode then, stop being a liability in deathmatch

you know what game doesn't show KD? Overwatch. Go play that. I bet you'd love it. In overwatch everyone's a winner.

thanks WoT stats plugins

Haven't you heard? The mods are on your side now. You don't have to defend the honour of your shitty game anymore, all you have to do is click Report and the mods will do it for you!

Basically stop being an insecure little bitch.

It's okay, user. I still likely you even though you suck at video games.

this

tbh this was more about any game which keeps statistics, not KD

Getting kills is more useful than "helping" get kills.

This is why i only play 1v1 games competitively. No-one to carry and no-one to get carried by. No-one to blame or credit but myself.

I don't give a shit about numbers. I just do my job. In particular, I don't care about how man deaths I have. If I can kamikaze to get another kill, it's needed. If I can kamikaze and get everyone on the team another kill by just fucking the opposition, double whammy.

Killing em is just a bonus.
Q and euls followed with R is great tho.

Shame people would rather rush a midas.

Overkiddies are like vegans at this point.

I don't see anybody but people getting triggered by overwatch derailing the thread.

How fucking new are you? Go back to cuckchan.

You have to go back.

Best support coming through.

You have to go back aswell.

What sort of half-assed cancer are you ?

games like this seriously need to go away forever

who else plays just for ==FUN== ?

well. let me test that again

== FUN ==

son of a bitch

You haven't been here long, have you?

Fuck off CTR. Alt right is just a term created to imply trump supporters aren't truly right wing. Holla Forums also hates kikebart and infowars.

>>>Holla Forums

since I'm on Holla Forums I can say that Holla Forums is a shill snake hole.

archive.is/QgZRT

Keep trying, you'll get there in the end

these

Why did you even come to this thread then? Overwatch was almost guaranteed to be mentioned due to its relevance to the topic.

What's the point in going for midas on AA anyway?. By the time you get the money for it, you're halfway towards scepter and more than halfway towards more movespeed and mana.

LOL WHAT A LOSER I BET YOUR K/D/ RATIO IS LOWER THAN 3.0

KILL YOURSELF CASUAL SCUM

fucking game wont let me piss around without suffering the same goes for stupid IDs, shitpost in a thread and your marked for life in it

lurk moar

you go midas so you can get aghs while trying to push other lanes and jungle a bit when your team is busy. Using your global to assist / kill confirm.
It's not my sorta thing.

But aghs on AA is so good it can really change a fight around once you get it.

Also midas helps you level up faster and AA needs to reach level 3 with his R asap.

Thing is, this isn't a new trend at all. MUDs used to (and still do, I suppose) record the number of times you die. The idea is to let people know "hey, he wins some, he loses some" but in the end, it turns into a real sense of pride/shame thing where you feel like a shit if your K:D ratio isn't at least 1:1. It's actually a demoralizing factor, but a lot of games try to use this as an inspiration to get better, to fix that KD ratio of yours. This idea just does not help players.

And you'd think that games like World of Warcraft and The Old Republic would be the type of games that absolutely do not record deaths, due to the inevitability of death, and yet they do.

It's for the gamers who only care about muh high score, not whether the game is actually good or fun.

K/D really doesn't matter though, it's just victories.

You don't know how ass-mad people get when you throw yourself at them but win because you were doing the objective and not hiding in the back panicking about making sure you don't go slightly under a 1.0 K/D

It just inspires vitriolic rage messages when you still win.

i actually completely blame the total decline of online FPSes to this one thing. as soon as people started to be able their K/D you started seeing in battlefield games everyone choosing sniper rifles and hiding in the hopes of getting 20 and 0, and call of duty flat-out got built around it after MW. this encouraged players to stop putting themselves into high-risk roles such as medic, scout or someone who captures the point and instead just hide like a total faggot, camp like a bitch and ruin the game for literally everyone

mah nigga

I dont think i've had fun with PvP of any kind since early Vanilla WoW…

That being said it's awesome when you have a driver who goes slow for maximum gunner accuracy and pulls back after taking fire to wait for repairs.

this is the reason games like overwatch exist, its beautiful

"hehehe, we have devoted our team to this super deadly thing hehe"
"thats scary but what if I pushed the cart?"
"…… FUCK"

Well it's good for any game. Like with Destiny right now on Iron Banner.

I am being an absolute shitter with the Universal Remote (Shotgun in primary slot) At the start of the game most of my team is huddling in the back while I am running blindingly to the other team's side. Usually at the start of the match, because the other team is doing the thing, I start off with a tripple kill right on the bat because they are so focused on the norm of things and don't expect someone rushing them down. I die fast, yeah, but it's damn funny. And while I am doing this, I am just having a good time charging and blasting people. My team ends up winning because I am so focused on just doing the objective and having fun without worrying about KD, just ends up being so much better.

Pic related: Add Crests and Kill Credit to see the total value of score. To win you need a total score 150 for your team. I average around 40 to 59 score and today I had four games end in mercy endings (One team is doing too good and the match is called early) and I am always at the top because I just simply stopped caring about K/D

get good fag

I've never been ashamed of my k/d ratio because I'm not a faggot that's terrible at games, OP

I think you guys are missing the point. He's saying its on your profile, so if you have a bad day or something it'll be marked there forever.

But I don't care about that shit so it's still stupid.

protip: redtext ==does not work==
unless it's between newlines

it's his fault that he cares

You shits can be as bad at the game as you want, but trying to hide that you're bad removes information that the better players need to win games for you.

If you're tired of being called bad for sucking, maybe you should be taking issue with developers who insist on using MMR systems that queue bad people up into games that they shouldn't be in simply to reduce the win rate of a better player on your team closer to 50%.

Scoreboards are not hug boxes.

Paladins did it way better, because they not only have a scoreboard, but it shows all of the support stats like healing, assists, damage dealt, damage prevented, objective time, items equipped, etc. It solves almost every problem you queers are complaining about when it comes to scoreboards. Too bad Paladins isn't a good game on it's other merits.

Maybe the problem isn't the game, it's you

team play is a gift by it's own

nigger

This is why Halo 3 is the best. The only public information is your wins and losses. Probably because old Bungie was smart and realized that if you want to encourage people to play the game right you should make it so the only stat that matters is wins and losses.