MtG cards based on Vidya

There was a thread based on yugioh, so I thought there should be one based on Magic.

Look up magic set editor on google.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/bdgc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck

at the very least it should be a legendary creature

Im just going to hide this thread now because as usual, you faggots have no fucking idea how to word cards, turn them into a fucking word salad to mimic game abilities 1:1 without regard to magic's balance and conventions, and generally lack any idea of balance or how to take criticism. Just look at your fucking post I'm replying to, christ

Fucking checked m8.

I was thinking about making it a 2/3 vigilance or a 2/2 at the very least.

What i posted applies to every you posted. Every single one.

Not a single card is correctly costed
Not a single card is balanced
Not a single card is on color
Not a single card respects design conventions

Fuck off to /tg/

None of you faggots are even close to proper formatting jesus christ

If you're talking about the card layout with the later cards especially, there's practically nothing I can do to fix it. This is of course glossing over some wording structure.

user pls.

The only thing you had right there was Upkeep phase, that's how things are worded in MtG, dood.

*they're called steps in MtG, I got that part wrong, but everything else is mostly correct.
also

Oh, and it's when placed on the battlefield, not when summoned.
I wish MSE had a more modern counterpart that detected this shit

Made one.

fixed that for you

When you're going by the actual ruling book, yeah. When you're talking about wording it onto the card, no.

Just type in "At the beginning of your upkeep" in google and you'll find hundreds of examples.

And did you want it to say "Enters the battlefield" or "Casted" as they have two totally different meanings. Since summoning could mean either or.

I got'chu. I always need a consult on these things, even if I've done it for a while. I probably need to play more, but making these things is addicting.

/tg/ says hi.
Some fag from Reddit already made a Dark Souls set and put it on Tabletop Simulator.
imgur.com/a/bdgc8

Nice trips, loser.

It is. Just keep in mind that Wizard tries to word their cards as simple and direct as possible with no room for interpretation. A lot of the cards I already made, I just copy the wording format if I have doubts of wording it "properly".

Checking it out now. Looks neat so far. Kinda bothered by the lack of rarity since it could help identify/justify a card's power.

I liked the bait that just targeted creature.

The bait that just targeted creature didn't actually do anything though. This one forces control players to waste a counterspell and mana if they have one.

Fucking nevermind

Dont know why the fuck but okay.

That's why it was clever. You can just ignore it. Also it still could interact with Heroic.

but user that's not how that's supposed to work

It's baiting your opponent to respond.

Got done checking most of them out.

It has neat concepts, but some of the cards' power level in conjunction with it's rarity is pretty wonky. And the theme/flavor on a good amount of them is pretty off and even random.

Like Kings of New Londo for example. Why does it have a revival mechanic when the Kings were never about revival? Would make more sense if it had a copy ability instead.

And with Nito being about disease and death, there is nothing disease about it. He does raise skeletons but he never revives creatures as the card implies. Why the fuck is he part green too?

it also nuked illusions

That's amazingly autistic

Now there's a stupid ability I wasn't expecting to be here.
My first deck was simic heroic using every bit of >=2 CMC hexproof I could find in theros/gatecrash
My last round of my first fnm was against this middle aged guy who I accidentally pissed off. He was playing this netdecked black devotion (all the rage those days) with a splash of green for abrupt decay and vraska the unseen. Dude had no clue that "cannot be countered by spells or abilities" didn't save it from the target becoming invalid, ala hexproof. I was running the blue clone heroic creature, which meant that I could clone that fucker's desecration demon after I swang with that buffed up piece of shit.
I won the set because the dude forgot to make his mutavault a creature. Dude must have spent at least twice as much money as I did on my cobbled up deck.

You can export as .PNG you know, just change the filetype

I've made a couple SF themed ones. Planning on making a deck of fights game characters to play a friend that made a deck of Marvel characters.

I think it might be better if it gives Wither in addition or to replace the generic +1/+1 as Wither is on context of beating your opponent into submission.

Replace hexproof and -1/-1 immunity with "Spells and Abilities your opponent controls that targets this creature costs 3 more to cast."

Hide makes the wearer resistant to magic, not immune.

Now this is where it should be Hexproof instead of preventing damage as a whole and that prevention makes it unreasonably strong. Vigilance and Hexproof should be good enough.

Holy shit nigger what are you doing!? When making cards, you should try your best to avoid creating new creature types. Instead of Shotokan, just have Monk instead so it can fit in easier.

Back in my day we had tons of different creature types and we liked it

That last set that had a really specific creature types and restrictive conditions because of said creature types was Kamigawa and it was shit. No need to further complicate yourself when existing types accomplishes the same goal in both theme and context. IE Monk. Or Warrior Monk if you want to get fancy.

Ok better just make it a 2/3 vigilance that gets +2/+2 for playing magic :^) but you better exchange a W for 1 colorless

I mean back when you had shit like this

who are you quoting?

Kek

hi /tg/

Lightning spear should be instant both for flavor and function, otherwise it's just a shittier Boros charm with a cantrip. Two differently colored mana isn't the same as 1 color, 1 colorless as far as power goes.

I don't know if this was intentional, but you can do all three and get Vigilance, menace and first strike at the same time since it doesn't go away after you switch.

I made tons of DS cards a while ago but uninstalled the program (MSE?) when I quit playing.

You're right. Completely forgot that Lightning Strike is a Lightning Bolt that costs 1 more.

Updated and added Sunlight Spear. Having more trouble with these than I should. If anything, I want to keep them as RW spells.