Roblox Thread

So did anyone ever play this? Was it shit even back then?

Other urls found in this thread:

roblox.com/games/292439477/Phantom-Forces-Beta
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't think it was shit back in January 2008, but I just hated how it eventually became a pain in the ass to play if you didn't have some form of builders club

What was the point of that, orther than to make shekels? And whats with all the different variations?

Its the textbook case of one step forward, two steps back. While the engine it runs on as well as potential quality for the games have gone up, the shitty business practices, the total idiocy of both the userbase and creators, and lack of creativity have killed what potential it may have had. Its improved technically, but has gotten way worse in every other aspect. I know this because I have a little brother who used to play and my parents pretty much made me sign up so I could play with him since he didn't seem to like good vidya. So it was basically more primitive back then, but simpler and with a much smaller userbase to keep autism at a minimum.

Originally I guess it was a way to support the site or something and you'd get access to robux, along with the ability to sell shirts for more tix/robux, and instead of one place you could make up to 10 for people to visit.

The later variations just cost a lot more and just give you more places, but after I logged back into Roblox recently the tix became worthless as shit, you can barely buy anything with them.

Good times. but then everything went to shit when they started shilling builders club way more.

And then I think Disney bought them or something.

That was pretty much just a meme if I recall. I know now they pretty much have sponsored everything now though.

As I've read, this was due to a combination of a price floor being added that prevented tix from being spent and used up and an exchange where people with lots of robux could cash them in for dollars. The amount of tix in the system skyrocketed and robux plummeted, so the value of tix tanked hard.

Eventually the devs chose to pull the plug on the whole thing, so tix don't even exist anymore. If new players want clothes or items, they have to rely on events or product tie-ins, or spend money.

Bump?

That fucking picture on the right! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

is the game still made on Visual Basic?

Like this?
roblox.com/games/292439477/Phantom-Forces-Beta

what gives?

Can't you use wine on it?

i checked wine has been broke for the game for a long time.

What about running it under a VM/Dual Boot?

There's something called "BloxCity", but is it good as Roblox?

Learning LUA was fun back then, but now it's literally ERP4kidz and basically everything wrong with the current generation, with creativity ironically being dead despite the huge outlet for it.

The maps with cool upgradable jets were always fun though, with like, floaty hovertanks and jets with sidecars and shit.

I always loved the tycoons and mine cart maps

user what is this beast on the floor? Might play it later.

When did it all go wrong user?

Played it about a year after it's initial release in 2007. Played it for a couple years, stopped playing it around 2009 or 2010 I think. It was pretty fun considering it was free and a small file size for the day.

When the later updates started coming around is when I dropped it. BC was becoming forced, shitty player models, declining community quality, etc.

The game now is an unrecognizable mess of its former self. It's such cancer now, Christ.

STOP PLAYING BLOCK GAMES
THEY'RE ALL FUCKING CANCER
CUCKCHAN GO HOME

Yes. It was rather fun, but coders died out due to shitty updates all the time breaking their junk.

I miss it, honestly.

Didn't know we had 10 year olds here

it always has been shit and it always will be shit