School/College Gaming Club

Did you join one Holla Forums? Did you make new friends?

High school, we had guitar hero 3 set up for $1 plays at lunch

I was always the first one there and always won at expert through the fire and flames

The one at the Uni I went to was made up of guys who exclusively wore sweatpants trilbys
and hoodies. Additionally, 1/3 of them wore furry tails while playing in public areas.

I thought about stealing their tails once. I wish I did

Mine never had one. Not that it made much difference as I was universally loathed

Fuckin casual

You could have shown them your crazy gaming skills and gotten a girlfriend out of it user.

Never bothered with them, but I was a bit surprised one day walking past the community college lounge and seeing a group of people playing Tales of Xillia co-op on one of the big screens.

I knew some people in high school (probably five or six years back now) that did the whole tail thing, though admittedly some only did so on a particular day ("[X] appreciation day" whenever it was their favorite animal) rather than doing so all the damn time.

Also reminded that there was an out-and-out furry fujoshit in one of my community college classes that thought showing off pictures of their fursuit and incorporating furshit into their projects was a good idea.

I did
We used to play Project M, have tons of fun. Everybody knew each other by their mains

Then SSB4 came out and the club was flooded by reddit tier faggots wanting to play it
Not to mention the game sucked dick
So I stopped going

Trust me, that won't work. All of the girls in my college's org are fat, hairdye or meh-looking girls. No QT's though.

For me it was just a bunch of faggots arguing over what game to play since half the people made the list of games and the other half actually downloaded games to play. Bunch of rich kids with triple-SLI setups and cases so huge they had fucking wheels.
Thankfully they were shit at video games.
A few times we used school PCs and suddenly they had a lack of their special hardware like Razer shit to blame for being trash.
I was the only one with buttery smooth 75hz on the CRTs, everyone else was stuck with flicker-o-matic 60hz.

Freshman year of high school.
the local gaming internet cafe or whatever they're called let us all play for free for a few hours every week. We always played bf2 and cs:s, good times were had. But then me and a lot of people stopped going because there was some autist in the club that was always sperging out generally being a huge fucking fag (fuck you Brandon.) Even the leader quit and said sperg took over the club.

I went to the gaming cafe about a year later and there were a bunch of t.v.s, couches, and people playing Call Of Duty. I was bullshitting with the guy who ran it and he said he ended up banning Brandon from coming there and the club fell apart, and that he was closing down soon because he hadn't been making money from the place for a long time and it had just basically been a hobby for him.

At least you faggots get to fight over what games to play. In my org, they just usually play assfaggots, crapcunts or cs:go. They almost don't play anything else. Although some members somehow manage to play other games like WH and Osu.

I mean, that's what the choices usually were when I was there. Noooo, it's too easy to bring a flash drive with Quake, Quake 3, CS 1.5 with a bunch of mods, etc. Nooo we need to all download all 12gbs of TF2 and so what if there's no net connection and half the people didn't download it.
And then there was that one fag playing Skyrim. At a LAN.

I remember going to a college where everyone there played fucking Project M every single day.
It was filled with autistic fucks.

That sounds like a diverse set of games. My club in general just plays 60% Dota/Lol, 35% CS:GO and 5% Overmeme.

I study exact sciences, exact sciences students aren't human beings.

Project M is a better game than SSB4.
If you don't agree you're a faggot

Meant to reply to>>10885910

I don't agree and I suck dick, but that doesn't mean SSB4 is for fags.

Madden. CoD. LoL. Borderlands 2. The list goes on.

It does though
only fags like it
that's who it was made for

And you think you have it bad?

I wish I could strangle you through the internet

kys

If you were a true friend you would give it to him good

How is dicking down some fag enabling mental illness?

Why do people feel a need to call it that these days?

Because they can't admit they're gay
I mean shit even trannyfriend said he liked men when he went tranny

That should be enough of a tip that you might be homosexual

You deserve it for being a shitty friend.

"Christmas cake" is almost just as bad.

I'm the only person that didn't tell him good for you and gave him a pat on the back
I talked to him, told him my concerns

More than that I can't do
At least my conscience is in the right place

I see straight people play SSB4 all the time.
I mean they don't stay straight for long, but they're still straight for a few seconds at least.

Does he at least look good or is he Cosmo tier?

I wouldn't say good
But not as bad as cosmo

low test detected.

Would he do well in Bangkok?

Fucking a man is gay, yes
Romans were gay
So were greeks

Asians are literally the only people that can pass for women even if they were born as men
I don't think any non asian can compete with that honestly

The greeks weren't gay, they just knew how to enjoy some prime, young boipussi.

Friends don't let friends be faggots.

There's nothing gay about wanting to massage another man's prostate with your dick.

Wait these actually existed? I thought they were just an urban legend or a homosexual death cult

You actually made a good point. One day in HS, we decided to cover the face of one of our Asian classmates in a way that his eyes were the only visible part. Everybody thought he was a girl even though he was a fat slob.

You bet your ass I did. Dota was just one of many good WC3 mods, Age of Empires on lan was common and a pack of good smokes cost half a euro. Hell, you always could play CS 1.3 and 1.5 for cash/booze. All the while having a ((raid ready)) wow char was a class act.

Those were the motherfucking days.

I joined one in college. We were all good friends would play 3rd Strike and halo 3 lan. We also did a few lan games of Counter Strike. I'm still good friends with most of them 5-6 years later.

Please, tell me what I should've done
You're free to suggest anything, I thought about it for weeks and couldn't come up with anything that wasn't "call a psychiatric hospital"

You're all talk, if it happened to you you would probably mumble "g-good for you haha…" under your breath

You can't force people to think like you user. they're just going to stop being your friend is you push too much.

That is Holla Forums, but people worship memes more nowadays

Slightly related but did they change the greentext color again?

No, the homosexual death cult is over on >>>/sfg/

I thought it was over on >>>/bane/ ?

School didn't allow it because the principal was strict as all fuck and caned bad students whenever he visited.
College didn't allow it because it "wasn't education based" even though the chess club existed and was probably the most poorly organised club there.

nah it's on >>>Holla Forums

I visited their clubroom once in high school, half interested. It was all dudebros that played Halo and only Halo. I never went back.

Did they bully you?

I prefer the default color. Dark green is better than yellow-green.

Not really, although I did install certain LAN games onto library computers en masse. It was only possible because they were using the default username and password for the admin account.

I basically got league banned from the entire school, although I never played it once

>tfw my uni doesn't even have a vidya club, but we have a tabletop club
I'm tempted to try starting one while I'm here. Any suggestions, or should I just not bother?

Went to a single lan. People quite literally wearing fedoras and watching wrestling. Also tried to recruit me to the anime club. Half the room only played LoL by themselves despite being at a fucking lan. The other half was clearly the old guard who had helped found the club and were alright but clearly a dying breed and a year after I tried it I heard the leadership had changed.

Interesting seeing how different this sort of stuff is from school to school. The club in my old high school was actually originally created for playing Smash, which I never really enjoyed. Because it was the only gaming club, it attracted a bunch of other games as well, you had a group playing 3DS stuff, 2 wiis were set up (1 projector 1 tv), and a group of people brought laptops and did LAN and online shit. It was surprisingly raging-autist free. Obviously it was made up of mostly nerds, but nobody really stood out as overly annoying and nobody did the whole stereotypical overly loud weeaboo thing. Averaged about 15 people per day it was held and had about 30 people who would show up at times. Honestly, it was a pretty good experience.

Not quite, but

Rule #1: No girls allowed.
Rule #2: Daily showers are mandatory.

I volunteered last year, going to apply to be part of the team this year.

Is it worth it? I'd say only if you're looking for work in the industry or want to brag about it on your business CV. If you're not doing one of those things, just apply as a regular member and volunteer if you want more personal connections.

Never joined one. Always gamed with friends during class and off school hours.

You're a faggot.

I think you underestimate how shitty GAYMUR GURRRRLS XDDDDDD are.

No.
But they acted like literal apes. Someone left that room with a bloody nose one day after a fight.

I work at a college Subway and attended one a few times (mid 20's I'm younger than I look at least), edited my nametag to say "Spyro". The guy running it insisted I sign in to support it's legitimacy and funding or whatever.-and then signing in got me entered into a raffle. I sighed relief that all the plushies had been awarded and that would be the last award announced that night. Fast-forward ten minutes later I hear "-and for the grand prize of a $30 gift card to Gamestop is user!". "Shit, well at least nobody will remember I was here-" "Hey user, come on over to get your photo taken for the the university's social network! Alright, in three smile and say 'winner!'" I still feel like I owe somebody there $30 (put it all into Nintendo gift cards by the way, fuck Gamestop's selection). -but then again I ended up forgetting my 3DS in a bathroom stall and getting it stolen so I reason that the school owes me more sort of.

It was kind of neat to see the more agreeable of my customers attending, including a girl I sorta like, but I wouldn't say I made friends at all. I don't think I'm hated at any rate.

You sound incredibly awkward.

I can't tell who's more retarded, you or him.

Oh you know it. -but they loves how I make their sandwiches for their shitty meal plan.

People on meal plan at your college get fucking Subway? The cafeteria food here is so shitty i wanna kill myself.

fug

Good thing it wasn't one of those virgin sacrificing cults, because you probably wouldn't be here right now.

What kind of cult? What were their beliefs?

Is there a story to this?

Story?

Well, like, a negligible amount but yeah. We've got mice and cockroach infestation though because the university guys are goofy bastards and like bleeding money instead of just making investments to fix shit so there's that.

At least you didn't have to move country because your dad fucked young girls.

Of course he didn't fucking come with us

Aww… makes me so sad… :(

kek, I thought you meant you moved to a different country where it was legal for him to fuck young girls. Why didn't you get him locked up instead?

I created my school's tabletop gaming club. We had one guy with actual aspergers (actually a cool dude as long as you keep him off the topics of Gundam and KSP), we had one guy who was as far-left as possible (bitched us out for referring to jewelry in a D&D game as jewelry because "it's an anti-semetic term that the word jew was derived from" even though I showed him that the root word was the latin "jocale"), and one of the co-founders who thought my idea was great suddenly stopped bathing and washing his clothes during junior year. He got so bad that we would wipe down his seats with chlorox wipes after he left.

Aside from those, it was pretty great. Had some bitchin' sessions of Pathfinder and Traveller. We didn't do much vidya, but we did get everyone in a conference room a few times and fired up Artemis Bridge Simulator with a gigantic projector, that was fucking amazing.

I actually still hang out with the aspie every now and then, he got a job near me and doesn't have many friends since he works entirely with 50-something engineers. We'll just hang out, cook steak, and watch netflix. He's gotten a lot better socially, it's actually really nice to see.

Underrated post tbh

No. But my rich friend would bring a projector to school and we'd play on the wall in the lunch room, the principal thought it was cool and even let us dim the lights so the visibility would be better. We played Smash Bros every day at lunch and it was great. Perks of living in a small town with a high school that has less than 1,000 students in it's entire student body

I went to our TCG club for a few weeks, it was okay.
To my surprise, the legitimately autistic ones were off doing thier own barely-social thing instead of it being the majority.
The only other game clubs are a smash and an overwatch club. Like hell I'm joining those.
Not like I'm going to go through the hassle to make my own, so I don't do any anymore.
the manga and comic book club looks god fucking dogshit, too.

Stay the fuck away from any manga/anime clubs, trust me.

Tried to. The club couldn't even get approved.

but lifes going well now i got a degree in computer science and a good paying job.

tfw no real life reset button ;_;

Man you were lucky you had one of the good ones. The one in our club was constantly throwing tantrums and being a pissy little shithead.

Your childhood sounds really similar to mine, except I had a mentally ill overprotective mother homeschooling me until 8th grade and a deadbeat father.

Ended up being totally uneducated because my mom probably had an IQ of like 85. Ended up going to a JC and picking CS as a major.

It should be literally illegal to homeschool your kids without taking some kind of aptitude test to verify your parents aren't fucking retards.

I tried High School vidya club. It was just Smash, weaaboo fightan, and Magic the Gathering, so I left.
Tried it again in college. One of the most active clubs on campus, their lans caused a couple power outages from overloading circuits. Was decent, but I wasn't super heavy into PC gaming, and that's when the MOBA genre was going full swing.

The boardgames and RPG club was pretty good though. Everything from casual stuff like Werewolf to playing full expansion Arkham Horror

I wish every damn day I could reset my game and see where it takes me. -but then I'd run the risk of being me or ending up in this fuckhole world again.

Who the fuck joins clubs? OP did you not already have a group of friends to hang out with at your house to play whatever, whenever?

Or were you one of those autistic kids who had to force himself into some shitty gaming club that was co-opted by fat ugly weeb girls smelling up the place with their dirty pussies and nay-roo-tumz?

Quit being a beaner and maybe you wouldn't have to resort to playing league of love ever laugh and Osu. Or you know, play games by yourself instead of being some beaner with hive-mind issues.

Either or really.

Shut the fuck up.

Hands down, most faggoty post.

EVER

jesus christ

to scared to move forward, to regretful to look back. just trapped in the purgatory of my own creation.

I refuse to fucking join up with those Dungeons and Dragons faggots they smell like doritos and mountain dew and theres one dude who acutally looks like a characticher of a fedora tipping atheist

What's your ethnicity? And where did he flee to? Like Hong Kong, Philippines, Mexico, Indonesia?

Cause from this one documentary I've seen, those are the top places for sick fucks like your disgusting excuse for a father. The fact that you can just say that non-nonchalantly disturbs me, probably because I get the vibe you actually watch daddy bone some like mexican toddler.

Heres a tip if anyone wants to get a but load of people for a gaming club. Make sure you ask your Dean about this too

Just say you have Smash 4 or Melee and people just flock to you. Almost all colleges have smash autisits **Even me, but it sucks cause Im a tourney fag and they're all C-stick warriors"

Multiplayer games work wonders

Probably American. America is the most degenerate country there is.

You sound like a complete fucking idiot, not to mention you're probably a closet faggot due to the fact you actually bring your 3ds into public fucking bathrooms then cries about it getting stolen.

Seriously, are you sure you're in college or not a fucking freshmen in high school suffering from being a complete retard, a real mayor of CWCville in the making.

Actually no, That would be Israel, then India and any other sand-nigger shithole, then Mexico and every so called Latin "American" country there is beneath Mexico, then China, then all the South East Asian countries.

Cause statistically speaking, pedophiles are usually hispanic or niggers, more beaners and chinks/indians and the like, especially the statistic in concern with America, then you have the same stats, but put kikes right behind the beaners, then the niggers and indians being tied, and the chinks dead last.

It's disgusting that they come from their third world shitholes to muck up nations that never wanted, nor needed them. The UK is a good example of pedos running wild too might I add.

So whatever beef you have with America, I honestly don't give a shit about, but at least get your facts straight before you blame an entire nation when it's really the disgusting non-white foreigners giving such a place a bad name.

Hell, you want to see a place riddled with pedos, go to Canada or Mexico like I said prior. Not trying to even defend America, but American's problem is that it's filled to the brim with third worlders and yes that includes jews.

America isn't degenerate at all outside of colleges and large cities

This is totally untrue, at least on the west coast. Even the small towns are full of tweakers and other sordid degenerates.

What about Smash 64? Does that bring in the autists?

Again, the only reason why America is degenerate in terms of the large cities and colleges is because it's filled with a bunch of dumb spics and niggers and libruls running about lapping up the shit that the beaners and niggers plop on the fucking floor.

Quit being a spic then, maybe you won't run into so many degenerates, but then again you live on the west coast, so not only do you deal with dumb beaners and so called "natives" getting fucked up on Listerine, but you have liberals tweaking out and being a bunch of fucking literal faggots.

The west coast wouldn't be so bad if you ethnically cleansed it, The beaners are one thing, but then I remember the west coast is basically a heeb zone.

also this is probably where i get my autism with videos games from, because my dad wouldn't let me play them when i was younger so when i got a bit wiser it become a game of cat and mouse with me hiding vidya from him.

Well, they are natives. They are the people indigenous to to our country.

But my aunt is half-native and I've been to reserves. They actually are a bunch of alcoholic, chain-smoking mongoloid trash.

I have tried this meme out in the real world for three semesters in a row and have confirmed it is not true to life.

Spyro, eh?

It brings in alot of Nostalgia fags

I think you should drop out before they milk you for the next 15-25 years.

Only vidya club I ever went to was i my freshman year of high school. Everything was either smash, COD, and sometimes something good like Perfect Dark. The entire club sort of killed itself in a year after some austist who constantly screamed about the nostalgia critic joined.

I never been to my CC's Holla Forums and /tg/ hybrid club, but I have been to our designated vidya computer lab. All the computer you could play on were filled with normalfaggots playing LoL

trust me, I would if I could.
my mom forced me into uni because she wanted me to get a job the moment I got out of high school. I didn't have luck job hunting over the summer, and now I'm at uni. She even once started yelling about how "I should want to go to university." I said if I was going to go to uni, It was going to be when I decided what I wanted to do. Mom doesn't listen to anyone except for herself, so to make things worse, I'm stuck going for an english major I'm not interested in, and she's wasting $20K on student loans. Sorry for the blogpost.

walmart hires anyone and overnight pay is better than going to uni and losing ridiculous sums of money every year for a quarter of your life

If I were in your situation, I'd drop out, save up, move out to a studio apartment and prosper.

There was one at my uni
(college was a mistake by the way, debt and regret)
Anyway every time they met I had a class and they were just COD xbone fellas anyway so I doubt I missed much

I scouted one, once. You were all morbidly obese, including the token sluts, and you weren't actually good at games, so I did not return.

Go into a trade, preferably Electrical. If you're a certified Electrician you will never be short on work as people always need things installed, furthermore if you can be bothered you could start your own business eventually and claim tax back on shitloads of things. You can claim clothes you buy are work clothes, if you get a car its a work vehicle, you can claim tax back on a large portion of your fuel by claiming it was used in your business. If you had a partner you can pay her a "wage" and claim she does your books.

Additionally from being a general Electrician you can easily retrain and go into more technical branches of the Electrical industry if you are not satisfied working as a sparky.

My college has a gaming club too. It's just called the "Computer Club"

I got kicked out for replacing the stock sounds that came with windows 10 with Hitler speeches in the computer lab.

Yes user, that was the joke.

My sides

I wish I had stories to share, but my college didn't have a gaming club. Thanks for the laughs though.

I can see it already.

Nope, when i was young playing video games in an arcade was still a thing. I pity anyone that didn't experience being a video game arcade hustler.

What are you 40?

Close

at least cs:go can be fun at a LAN. 1.3/5/6 is still better for the sheer portability of it, though.

Valve killed LAN parties with Steam.

Steam isn't a problem if everyone has it on their computers, which is usually the case. But if one happens to not have it, that's where 1.3/5/6's advantage comes into play.

meant for

There are no LAN PC games anymore.
Thanks to that shitty app store called Steam.

LAN was dying anyway. Stop making a boogie man.

Steam isn't a problem IF. IF, user. I've played several steam games on LAN.

I never even bothered to check it out, but looking back, I wish I would have. I'm sure that's how all the losers in school made friends anyhow. Unless all of them (except me of course) just got lucky and happened to share the same classes with one another. That's how it feels, anyway.

As shit as most people make them sound, I still feel like I missed out big time by not joining any kind of school club. Probably would have lived a more fulfilling youth.

be the change you wanna see, yo

I was in one briefly in college, but they turned out to be an even bigger bunch of autistic fuckups than I was. Capped off by me offering to handle the club day booth, and then blowing me off saying the senior members should be in charge. It was literally an empty booth when the day arrived, they couldn't even coordinate one person to come sit at a desk for a few hours at a specific time.

I'm still proud of coming in the next day just to tell them I was quitting because they were a bunch of retards. It'd probably land me in a reeducation camp if I tried that on a campus today.

Probably depends on your course.

I did games design.
All it did is drill home what people deem as good these days.

I did. It was a fucking waste of time. Was years ago now, but could have done something much more fucking interesting.

You should have just gotten CS. Get a stable job in productivity or security and go into game dev if you feel like it. Everything you should know about good game design is already available here.

Get an online course or read a few books if you think you need to know more.

Considering going into security since have CS shit as well. Fuck game dev in this day and age.

Yes and they were all the worst of casuals. Picture polygon playing nu-doom or DSP pressing the shutdown button on the computer once a message says "press any button to continue"
It was cancer and they didn't really like me mainly because i was vocal about their retardation (teenage self still had hope in humanity and thought they just weren't willing to go through the effort of thinking instead of actually being that retarded) and i without failure beat them at anything by a large margin

Mine was a computer science club not explicitly gaming. i went to their hangout once. Smash players, artfags, a few TCG peeps, blizzcucks only 1 person actually working on a program. Never again.

sounds like pic related

pretty accurate

Christ, user. I'm happy you turned out alright - a lot better than you might think.

Oh my fuck.

THIS

Electricial work if you have a good brain on you is so fucking choice. Once you get past the hard labor stages and learn some techincal shit you can get into maintenance.

based

I'm super fucking glad I went to a few arcades while they were still around 23 y/o here

Pinball is the shit. Having to pay 25 cents for 3 lives in Metal Slug or Raiden made it much more intense than it could ever be on a console.

This. Fuck Steam.

You only got that idea from all the anime you watch. I joined a CS club at my school and it was shit.

classic. Wonder if the user who drew that is still around on IBs. Probably not.

At my college the videogame/nerdy shit club was filled with casuals, cucks, SJWs, and LOL SO RANDUMB nerdfags/gamergrrls. Not to mention shit loads of drama and group politicking

In short never go to a club that advertises itself as being nerdy or shit, and is readily available. As it always attacks the lowest common denominator. Associate with individuals not groups/cubs.

Shit's not improving, and if anything, it got worse. Not really a surprise though, considering how these are people who told me to go back to halfchan when I told them that Fallout 4 was shit around the time it came out.

hi underage

My high school didn't have a gaming club, but my college did. If memory serves me right, it was one of the biggest, if not the biggest club on campus, and it was a pretty big college to begin with. It was to the point where there are a few clubs that cover more specific games. I remember there being at least an LoL club, a SCII club, and a Pokemon club, none of which I ever bothered with. The general gaming club was something I visited on occasion, provided I was caught up on work and actually had a passing interest in whatever "game of the week" they managed to have at the time.

Essentially, the club was set up so there would be one "featured" game, which varied from major new releases to older stuff. In addition to that, there were games that people very regularly played there. They had a few TVs for Melee, at least one for Project M, and I think one for Brawl. Keep in mind this was before SSB4 came out. There would also be a few TVs for other fightan games, which I can't quite remember offhandedly. There would be the people who would bring their laptops to play whatever shit was on there. A few people brought handhelds as well. They were particularly common when X/Y were relatively new. At the time, was usually ASSFAGGOTS, with the very occasional other stuff. Finally, there was always Rock Band playing on the projector screen. I remember there being this one deaf kid who thought it would be a great idea to ALWAYS pick vocals for it. It was incredibly obnoxious, but at least he was having fun with it, so I could never actually be mad about it.

I generally kept to myself. At times, I'd open communication with someone, but it would just be for that week. Only person there I really talked to for more than a week was this one girl who was probably a 6, maybe 7/10. Nice enough person, but completely lost communication after I finished classes. Damn shame, she was one of the relatively few bearable people there.

Aside from that, only really memorable moment was the one week they featured the SNES version of Tetris, where I proceeded to curbstomp basically everyone in that game's 2-player mode. Think I went 8-3 on the night, where 2 of my losses were due to me experimenting with strategies.

Hi.

I have a group of college pals that play your run of the mill ASSFAGGOTS and think they require a lot of skill. I joined them playing some mobile games, at least those didn't repulse me.
There was one friend that had good taste in games, the one who introduced me to 4cuck and later this place during the exodus. Sadly after failing college and studying a small 2 year career in programming, he fell for the Overwatch meme and developed rancid taste with the people he met there

No.
Instead assfaggots are favourite thing to waste time.

You can't do shit.
You can make sure he still realises he is degenerate. Sooner he realises he don't have any future the better.

I guess it's true when they say it's a small world

What a shitty arcade. You'd think it would be nice to see that kind of lineup, but when an arcade is charging $1 for games that are pushing 20 years old and are maintained for shit, you might as well just have another family fun center.

Yeah, I went through your post and thought something seemed familiar, so I went through their pages just to be sure. Mildly disappointed that they did the Showdown tourney after I finished classes, would have been potentially entertaining to do that with a Fullderp term. I'm completely unsurprised that Overwatch is a big thing there now.

where's it all going

?
In 2014 I was in my second year of uni

At Grammar school there was a bunch of us that played Doom at lunchtime on the school network, and a few times we had some all-nighter LANs with UT mostly. Shit was fun.

At Uni? Lotta Brawl. A lot of furfaggotry. Fuckin' the overlap between CVGSoc and FetSoc was unreal. Half the people were literal degenerates.

But it was also the only place I really had so mh.

My high school didn't have a dedicated gaming club (which is for the best, my HS was full of complete spergs wearing AC hoodies and shit), but there were some of us who would play UT '99 and Halo CE LAN before first period every day. At one point we got a full 16 CTF game going before some teachers kicked us out of the computer lab, which was a shame because the actual computer teacher thought it was fucking sick. I ended up getting suspended for deleting all the freshmen's personal drives from the school server, and posting 1000+ copies of a picture of Nick Cage's face photoshopped on the comp teacher's face in the public drive. Fun times.

My college has a MOBA club and a Smash club. I've never been to the ASSFAGGOTS club but I went to the Smash club's brackets before they were official. It was originally just Melee, but some Tr4sh autists were trying to become an official club at the same time we were, so the Dean's office just shoved us together. The Melee brackets are chill as fuck, just some people having a good time. The Sm4sh ones are a cringefest, this week someone entered as Zero and wore a scarf the whole time. They also meme constantly, they'll SD and go "feelsbadman" out loud and shit, it makes everyone else want to die. We also had a PM bracket this week and a PR'd player smashed his keyboard controller after losing. At least I got to meet some other people who like UT there.

I'm 23.

I don't join college clubs because I don't want to be the "Old guy"

I never did, and after reading about how shitty most of them were, I'm glad.

Makes me wonder, though, how did people with decent taste in vidya make friends with others like them? Was it just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, or how did this all work? I'm curious.

uh

Are you saying that when you were 19 you didn't see the guys in their mid 20s as old? Because most people in gaming clubs are probably freshmen.

You're going to be flipping burgers unless you suddenly haul ass to a trade school right the fuck now, faggot.

just go to trade school you fucking idiots

I didn't, no

Most of my friends that were my age did, or told them they did as a joke. When I was 19 I also had a bunch of friends in their mid 20s to early 30s so I didn't either but apparently I was the outlier in that regard.

My uni has a general geek stuff club. Vidya, tabletop, cosplay, anime, etc. It's full of furries, whales, autists, casuals, etc.

Right place, right time sounds about right. Just a few days ago I met the first person I've ever known to not be a casual and have 90% good taste in vidya. His worst sin was liking Biocock Infinicuck. Everything else, 10/10 and knowledgeable about it too. Complete serendipity.

Also he wasn't autistic, fat, lispy, a special snowflake, or anything else that might bother me. Just a regular dude who likes good vidya. And for the most part, understands why the vidya he likes is good.

Is it too late to just kill myself at this point? Because I don't think I can get myself out of uni no matter how hard I try.