Shit games that gotten sequels

Seriously how the fuck did Homefront got a sequel? The First Homefront didn't sell too great. Homefront somehow survived THQ closing down & being passed on to multiple studios. I wouldn't be surprise by news of Homefront getting a reboot.

I saw it became a Platinum Seller on 360, maybe that was what gave them the greenlight. But Homefront 2 being made and being in dev hell because Crytek would pay their employees is crazy

can we talk about bad sequels to good initial games as well? or just shitty game with a sequel?

May as well, no reason to make a second tread on top of that

good
I fucking hate the fuckers who decided to greenlight stronghold 3. Stronghold was one of the first series' I played, dad introduced me to it and I was hooked pretty hard, I had accepted it died by the time I heard 3 was being announced and I fell for the hype harder than anyone had any right to. Bought the whole stronghold set on steam for the pre-release. Fucking end me right there because what I got was a glitching half-functioning stillborn fetus of a game with 0 community, dev support or feedback. This wasn't until refunds were around so I just played a lot of two and by the time refunds did happen I had too many hours in 2 and crusaders to qualify

Pretty much every halfway decent game that has gotten a sequel since 2007 has gotten worse.

Mass Effect and Borderlands, to name two.

Crysis

Why not both?

How come Halo 4 got a sequel, and how come that game is getting a sequel too?

It's all about brand names. They like using names of shit people will at least slightly recall, and then they just stretch a new game around that framework. It's why we got shit like that new Fear, and now they're running out of IP's that aren't completely forgotten, so they're going for games that just flopped, but recently enough.

Reboots fall into this category? Has there been a good reboot yet?

Or that they haven't shat up. Seems that every big publishers has three to four yearly IPs and little else, and even less ability to make a new IP, let alone one that can be turned into a franchise.

No, and never ever.

Does the first 3D Wolfenstein count?

Harvest Moon (not the japanese, the one made by Natsume). It was shit

Shit sequel, and the game before it was even shittier. Rockstar-plebs are fucking retarded.

Honestly making a sequel to an established IP is the smart move right now. Competition on consoles this generation is so thin on the ground a mildly competent game with some faint degree of hype/marketing is going to sell enough to make a profit.

I tried out Crysis 3, mainly as a benchmark for my new card, but holy shit is that game bad. Speed and strength modes are just gone and it is so linear and closed off its ridiculous.

I liked the Homefront multiplayer. It was a good mix between CoD and Battlefield. Too bad the new one is SP only.

look at this pleb retarded trying to look cool, lmao

The Conduit on Wii, as generic as an FPS can be.