7th Dragon III Code: VFD

So this game was leaked half a year ago and officially released a while ago.
Been playing it and it's really fucking good, so let's have a thread on it.
What's your
>preferred builds (yes I know SP is technically infinite but maxing everything takes a retarded amount of grinding if you don't cheat)

I've been running a GodHand/Samurai(Sword)/Agent as my 1st Team for most of the game, but I've recently swapped the Samurai onto my 2nd Team and replaced her with a Samurai(Dual Blades) to try getting some synergy between Maple Tear and TROY. I'm impressed at how many different class combinations can actually work well together.
My MC is the butler GodHand, because holy shit he looks slick and who wouldn't pick GodHand as their fucking class?

that ain't no godhand

THIS is a godhand

But that's a foot
Gene, stop shitposting

Duelist MC/GodHand/Samurai.
I just play what works.
Think it was female voice G or something like that. I wasn't looking at the actresses' names.
Female Agents, they kinda remind me of The Boss from MGS.
Duelist. Traps are fun, especially when you get Judgement.
Normal.

The post game dungeon is the biggest crock of shit.

bump

bup

Next.

Holy shit does Maple Tear work well with TROY: Fire. If I didn't have shit luck with tagging Hack, these bosses wouldn't stand a chance.

I just got the final skill expansion, and it looks like GodHand gets a ton of auto skills. Somewhat disappointed at how few new skills the starting classes get, but it's not very surprising since they already got a skill extension unlike the later classes.

TROY: Ice works pretty well with Ice Blade, too, though I don't think it's as strong.

Got to admit I would have even preferred it on the PSP, Anything but a region locked system.

such a shame

Neat, I'll try that combo when I build a team for my next playthrough

Do you two somehow not have your 3DSes CFW'd?

How about no?

I don't even have a 3DS because I don't like having to potentially brick a system to give it functionality it should have had out of the box, and I'm not going to pay a premium for a Japanese 3DS just so I can play the game as it was intended and not as the localizer decided he wanted it to be.

Your loss I guess.

Installing CFW is so incredibly easy at this point that there's really no excuse. Just get a 2DS for 60-70 bucks, CFW it, and have all the 3DS games you want for free. I understand the sentiment of not being okay with the limitations on principle, but it's a piece of hardware that you can take full control of yourself. If you want to play the games but don't agree with their shitty business practices, just pirate the games.

By pirating games you bite back at game developers/publishers, not Nintendo.

That's another one of the reasons I don't just get a 2DS or something. Nintendo makes a profit on its hardware. It's not like back with the PSP where piracy was doubly painful for Sony because they lost money on both the system and on software sales. I don't want Nintendo to see a penny from me to the point that I don't even want to buy a used system.

That's fine and it's your choice, but being angry at Nintendo doesn't change the fact that the entire 3DS library costs ~60$ at the moment thanks to CFW. It's either that or wait the few more years for Citra to be usable on normal computers. Either way Nintendo gets nothing from you.

Seriously?

I was just recently lamenting the lack of dungeon crawlers on the 3DS. Is this an okay place to start the series, or should I play the earlier games first?

I think I'm almost done it. I've just been using my sort of "default" team comps. I haven't mixed and matched from between my three teams. Thinking of switching my Agent in team 1 for my Fortuner in team 2.
I'm pretty sure I had sex with Mio, Yuma, Eigur, Ulania, and maybe Nagamimi. At least Blaster Raven didn't fuck me too.

Earlier games are jap only, and the basics are explained in this one. Basically dragons showed up a few times throughout history and fucked shit up.

There is lewd in this game?
Will I miss out by playing the yankee version?

VFD is a perfectly fine starting point. It's mechanically the best in the series, and gives you the rundown on the backstory so you don't need the originals. If you really want, the original and 2020 have fantranslations, but they aren't required.

Localization is completely on-point. No memes, no censorship, nothing.

What a breath of fresh air, especially considering it's on a Nintendo platform. Thanks, downloading now.

If you count fades to black and innuendo as lewd, then yes.

I'm pretty sure holding hands counts as lewd as fuck, user.

pic related
Suicidal Rune Knight was crazy good postgame, but for the majority of the game I was praying on Judgement.
One of the cute girl voices for my duelist
Jet Set pink Agent man
FORTUNER
n-normal I went down to casual for the instant kill nigger dragon FUCK YOU

Hey user.
user.
Wanna know a secret?
the ailment blocker accessories with the 50% chance to work? yeah, those stack additively, including the ones that block instant death which you unlock right before that fight :^)
My Rune Knight has the exact same portrait and a similar name Alice as your Arle.

Someone really likes blondes and brown skinned elves.

Nothing wrong with that.

Those are boy elves though.

that only makes it better

Why are the Duelist, Hacker and Banisher so fucking SHIT?

I replaced the ones of my 9-party with another Fortuner, Rune Knight and Mage respectively.

Currently I'm at the parliament.

My party is:

GodHand, Fortuner, Samurai (One Sword)
Mage, Rune Knight, Rune Knight
Samurai (Two Swords), Fortuner, Mage

I really dislike having duplicate classes but fuck, those three classes were just so bad. They really couldn't pull their weight at all. Duelist needs too much set-up, Hacker can't do anything without hacking first and hacking doesn't work 99% of the time and last but not least the only attack worth a shit from the Banisher needs it to use all it's bombs which makes it useless after one shot.

Duelist has the highest damage attack in the game, Banisher is invincible for half his turns and does massive amounts, and hacker can has the best attack debuff in the game.

You mean the trap stacking one?

I don't like Jump. The rest of my party will be all fucked up by the time it jumps down again. I've never liked attacks that remove a character from the party temporarily.

What exactly is this?

Yeah endgame you'll push out 12000 with judgement compared to ~4000 with a mage (consenting>spell) (mage is also really horrible, low damage, low hp, worse buffs than a godhand)

Also it doesn't remove him from the party, if an attack targets him it just misses, so it's just a dodge tank. Even ignoring that Earthquake and dragonbuster do good damage.

Best attack debuff in the game is Lostpower

Lostpower has a very short duration, but yeah it's really powerful. Basically turns a boss into a trash mob with bloated HP for a turn or two.

I don't really care for Duelist either, but they are pretty powerful. Comparing a Duelist to a Mage, the Duelist has much higher damage but is less consistent about it.
If you play your cards right hue they can compete with even Banishers for top damage, but RNG can fuck you hard on your setup time.

Earthquake isn't a good opener for bosses, it's mainly for closing them out or one-shotting random battles. Clap Trap is good for killing dragon seeds and inflicting burn against big targets. Comet Spear is your main boss killing skill, since it does XBOX HUEG damage against dragons, which means pretty much every single boss. Having maxed reload and autoreload means you don't have that much downtime between spears. Like the other user said, Comet Spear doesn't remove them as a target, so it really does just let them evade tank on top of the fuckhuge damage. Deafening Roar is also surprisingly effective as a debuff if you need someone to fill that role.

Blondes were purely a coincidence, I mostly went for color pallets. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you say so, friendo.
Got any more art to post?

You're not wrong.

Not much.

When it was leaked I ran Samurai / Godhand / Agent very briefly, just up to the exhaust tutorial. Restarted it running same team with Duelist instead of Agent. Duelist has his moments but I feel like his damage isn't amping up. I dump points into X-Burn / Fire cards and it's still… underwhelming. Traps are surprisingly effective. Running Nyala into a pitfall was great. Might just stick to traps and see if Judgment pays off. Having just got the Mages though I'm considering whether I should keep him at all.

Contemplating running 2 God Hands + Fortuner and just punching everything to death. God React is… Well, godly.

If you only want region free you don't even need cfw. Homebrew will get you that at a 0% brick chance. Just a browser exploit is required.

Problem with that is that Nintendo aggressively patches out homebrew entrypoints so you have to deal with the bullshit of setting it up again every time you update. CFW is painless and is 0% brickrate now unless you circumvent the safety checks. n3DS doesn't even need to downgrade to 2.1.0 to get the OTP anymore, so installing A9LH from stock takes 15 minutes now.

GodHand / Samurai / Agent is the team I've been running as my 1st Team since the beginning, and the only time they've ever hit a rut so far is a late-game boss. Ended up swapping the Samurai from Sword to Dual Blades like I mentioned earlier in the thread and it significantly improved my versatility. Haven't touched God React because I was rushing Jab and Quartetto, but now that I'm later in the game and SP is flowing more freely I'll try pumping it up.

Fists are always the best weapon

Just started playing this last night, it's fairly decent. When do you unlock the third group of classes, I just got the Rune and Fortuner.

Just saw this in the freeShop and got curious. Tell me more about the game, how it plays, similar games and why it should interest me

3d JRPG with player created characters and a class and point buy system of customization. Tries to make each class unique, so the first mage class you get uses a card mechanic where they play combinations of cards from their hands and the monk class unlocks abilities on single targets by applying counters to them.

Interesting. I guess I'll give it a try later. Thanks for the feedback.

What does rescuing civilians get you? I think I clicked through that dialogue too quickly.

I relied to much on team 1 and 2 so i just threw three random shits together for team 3 that have little synergy and i have little idea ow to use properly

Also, what is the max God that can be applied to an enemy?

If only this game had some actual challenge worthy of it's fun classes

Oh. I didn't realize one of the quests was apparently grinding DLC. Now everyone is level 25 at the beginning of the second dungeon. Shit.

next continent you go after atlantis, you get them very soon

item from guy in the portal room for every 10

dunno if there's a cap, quartetto only counts up to g3 however

just reclass (into the same if you want) and everyone goes down 10 levels.

Pics related

I used to go with a God Hand, a Dual Blades Samurai and a Fire TROY Agent since it always got shit done, but I'm trying out Banisher because of his hueg lance

Can't decide, probably Sawashiro

Leader related, though Paladin has a special place in my heart

GOD HAND

What do you think I am, a casual?

If you get past chapter 7 can you still do quests you've missed?

Yes

then why can't I find the quests I'm missing at the quest counter? I want to date best girl.

>not Yuma
Shit taste.

but user, thats gay

CLANG knows no genders

Come on, don't you want to do the robot?

Please everyone knows Power Ranger is best grill

>Doesn't even join your party after you 1v1 him on the tower
Tsunderes are trash though.

you don't know his true power until postgame

But he's an old man.

I hated this game but I loved those character designs the most. Jet Set Radio character and a titty monster? Hell fucking yes!