Civ6: Beating A Dead Horse

So, Civilization 6 will be coming out this month. I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on it.

I'll be honest: It doesn't look good. In fact, it looks like Firaxis is repeating the same mistakes they made with Civ5 and instead of fixing anything they just added more shit to keep the player busy on top. Everything new they added seems like additional micromanagement just to get that +1 to some resource or other. And that has been the core problem with Civ5 too: You fuck around with numbers endlessly to make different numbers rise slightly faster. The higher the difficulty, the more micro'ing is necessary to keep up with the cheating AI. That shit isn't fun, Firaxis.

I have to ask myself how they're going to milk the game for DLC later on, too, since many features that came with expansions in Civ5 are now in the base game.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_European_cities_in_history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_bacteria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows
allabouthistory.org/tenochtitlan-faq.htm
brchan.org/p/res/170.html
cdn2.brasileirinhas.com.br/
sex4.brasileirinhas.com.br/vod-sex1/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Miracle
mercadopopular.org/2015/06/nao-foi-o-pt-quem-tirou-36-milhoes-de-pessoas-da-miseria/
youtube.com/watch?v=GjHZYnpCMx0
nexusmods.com/fallenenchantresslegendaryheroes/mods/2/?
academia.edu/7480257/State-led_industrialization_the_evidence_on_Paraguay_1852-1870
jstor.org/stable/25130471?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/09/04/can_zebras_be_domesticated_and_trained.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not many, all of them IIRC. They promised that

I don't mind micro, telling the game to optimize default or resource type is just too simple and theres hardly any choice involved. I didnt like the graphics at first but seeing the fog of war crawl away is sort of what sold me; graphical style doesnt really matter to me.

Mechanically, i heard they ditched the world council so not sure what theyll do for diplomacy lategame. Hopefully they keep the wewuzing to a minimum.

The one thing I like the most is that wonders now take up a tile beside the city. This is great because wonder whoring was just too easy to do, even on difficulty 6-7 if production was high enough

Wait really? Didn't it just get announced a few months ago?

The cartoonish leader style is really off-putting to me. This is beyond Civ Rev awfulness.

Honestly I just played with disabled leader scenes. It was annoying having to wait 2-5 seconds loading every time the AI got mad at you, just to click ok

Before

After

21st.

Also Aztecs are pre-order only. Kek.

Also his Civ V version had Darth Vader on his helm

They will be available to everyone after 3 months though

Aside from Cleo who still looks awful, i'm actually fine with the leader art style now.

However, having boring as shit clearly art backgrounds instead of ones that look like an actual location is shit.

I'm also still not a fan of the actual in game terrain graphics, especially for the forests and jungles.

How long will it take for the full game to get cracked?

Does it have denuvo?

That's pretty much what I'm wondering atm.

can they really make a civilization of a nation that really only existed for 200 years and accomplished literally nothing, seriously what's the fucking point of Brazil, Aztecs, and Kongolese

They could have added Tibet, Mongolia, Austria, gone for a twist and added the Papacy

Why do we even call africans civilizations it requires them being civil in the first place

ITT: people who´s first Civ game was V

I don't think so.

Meso-American civs should have been city-states.

What would be cool if there was a mechanic for settling on a different continent, that it would give huge bonuses but that the cities on that continent would have a huge happiness penalty. And that cities on a different continent have the ability to separate from you if they are unhappy enough. Kind of a high risk high reward thing.

Call to Power was the best Civ game. :^)

Yeah it's not like they built one of the largest cities in the world at the time on a lake with only copper and stone tools and without any pack animals or anything

Retard.

Why?

The Maya, maybe, since they were never unified, but the Aztecs were, they were a proper empire with multiple cities, tributaries, and subjugated states and conquired territory under a single de-facto ruler.. They have as much a reason to be a civ as Greece does under Alexander.

Images showing the empire and controlled territory itself

When the Aztecs were discovered they were at the level of Ancient Egypt. Hardly an advanced civilization.

is Sean Bean the narrator? Or was that just an E3 thing?

Civilization has never been about the most "accomplished" real-life civilizations anyway.

Might as well add an Aboriginee Civ.

I liked Nimoy, but to be perfectly honest, I like Sean Bean a bit more, he does a good job.

Then again though, I'm a huge faggot for GOT and anything with Sean in it.

I don't think I've heard what you're referring to, so I can't comment on whether Sean Bean would be a great Narrator or not.

I think the cast of Alpha Centarui comes close to Mr.DARKNESS.

Rome was over a million with marble and fine architecture like the Roman Forum, The Pantheon, Temple of Jupiter, and so much more. But tell me how stone age aztecs stacking stones together is somehow a civilization

This user was right by saying they should be at best city states

It should be about civilizations not just tribes, if they wanted a native tribe should have gone with Cherokee or Iroquois

Some CIV guys got early copies to play, and it sounds like Sean Bean is the narrator in all of them.

I'm watching E3 demo right now for Sean Bean.

Meanwhile

My top pick is Morgan Freeman

Right, there are the usual shill Youtubers like Arumba that got early access. Make of their videos what you will.

TotalAsscancer was streaming it live earlier but I was busy and wasn't able to watch.

After Beyond Earth, I'd settle for anyone not shit.

Wait, is Roy Dotrice dead yet? If not, then him.

Looks like we got all the intros with Sean narrating here.

It isn't a bad choice but I feel like there could have been a better one?

To be fair Tenochtitlan was like four times bigger than London when it was discovered. Maybe the only Meso-American peoples that could deserve to be a civilization on it's own.

My issue is just that they pick a ton of civilizations from different times that are not comparable and often comprised of the same people anyway. You'd be better off picking an ethnicity and you become a certain civilization based on it's policies and your ethnicity.

graphics look like shit and cities with their districts look like incoherent mess

In terms of metal working, yeah, but that's not the only way to measure a culture.

As mentioned, they built a city that was larger then almost anything in europe or asia at the time WITH ONLY that level of metal working and without having any sort of horses, oxen, or other pack/work animals. It outright had superior hydoenginnering and agricultural techniques as well. If the aztecs were so primitive, then how come they rivaled europe with imfeiror technology in those regards? Wouldn't that mean that Europeans and asians were just shitters?

They were behind in some ways and ahead in others, which, you know, makes sense considering they were on an isolated continent and all.

Anyways, I agree the Kongo don't deserve the spot. If they wanted an african civ other then egypt, they should have gone for the Mali. I don't see why brazil doesn't deserve it but something like Poland or indivual european nations do.

The only other cities that surpassed or rivaled Tenochtitlan at the time were Cairo, Bejing, Constantinople, Paris, and some place in india I don't recall the name of.

Because they meet the technical defition of an empire and accomplished noteworthy feats? Also, stacking stones? Are you seriously this stupid or are you a delusional Holla Forumsfag?

This is from chapters LXXXVII and XCII of the True History of the Conquest of the New Spain.

The Incans deserve the spot as well. They had similarly impressive architectural feats and controlled a proper empire and a large amount of territory. The Maya are tricky in that they were never unified, they were just a collection of city states that shared a rough culture, and even that that was iffy and had subdiscisons.

I don't think the Maya are a worse choice then a lot of other civs they've picked, but if you wanna be technical then they wouldn't qualify

It wasn't though London had a population of 100,000+ in the 1500s

And Alexandria, Venice, Milan, Rome, Kiev, Moscow, Toulouse, Amsterdam, Naples, Novgorod, Thessaloniki, and I'm sure a couple others just in Europe alone. All of these had at least 100,000 population. If we're counting Tibet, Japan, India, the Middle east, and China there's no fucking comparison. Don't act as if Tenochtitlan was the awe inspiring city of the medieval ages, it had lots of gold and explorers wanted to plunder it. I'm sure if you would have taken a group of explorers to India or Eastern Europe they would have been just as amazed.

What noteworthy feats did they accomplish again?

brazil is shit with almost zero impact on worlds culture, history or marvels of architecture. same goes for any subsaharan african "civilization"

I was expecting an aboriginee civ. At E3 they said they were focusing on African and Oceanian civs this time around since they've never done much of those. However, according to the leaked leader list, Kongo is the only African civ and there are no Oceania ones.

I'm disappointed in the districts. I like the idea of expanding your city over tiles to make it seem bigger, but I'm surprised they don't have to be connected to your city or another district (some get bonuses for the latter, but without the former it is meaningless). Rather than making your city spread out, it just gives you bigger tile improvements

I am optimistic about somethings. City states not being a gold victory thing is good, plus having an army your can borrow looks cool.

The population of Tenochtitlan was ~350,000 mate.

Gee I wonder why nobody made a thread then

No it wasn't that's the absolute highest estimate, if you want to get into high estimates literally double everything on those list and put Constantinople in the millions

yeah but mardi gras and partying that's their cultural impact

I like the renewed reseach system and the "eureka" moments, but the new city mechanics and graphics are going to be tough to swallow

I've been watching a lot of filthy's streams and from his plays, the one thing that irks me is that the district placement is not that big of a deal. I was kinda hoping that it would be a major force if your city would be prosperous or not. Also I kinda hate how the world map looks. It kinda looks like a medieval japanese map with its brown

Can we not having a dick measuring competition every time Civilization is mentioned?

Well thats disappointing.

The most common estimation is 200,000. Your estimation of London and all the other cities was high as fuck as well. London for example estimated from 50 to 100,000 max at the time.

yeah its not like people partied before brazil was formed

your cities can still be awesome with sub optimal district placement, district placement is just sort of a well i have some districts available i think i'll plunk them.

Another thing I don't like is its shift towards wide empire. Since I'm more of a Tradition player (fuck you NQ mod for nerfing Tradition again) the way that lux works right now you'll be gearing towards wide every fucking game (4 cities happy per lux optimal build now is by 4s i.e. 8 cities)

The common estimation is 100000 to 20000 with 200000 being on the higher side of the spectrum and I can admit London was relatively small since it was wracked with the plague in the last 100 years when we're basing this on. That still doesn't change the fact there's over 20 cities in Europe that are as big or bigger than the biggest city in North America

I know user, Civ just wants to be PC and add non civs as civs to appease the lesser races

I personally like playing as or against civs that weren't that noteworthy in history, it feels like playing an alternate universe where things went completely different.
For civ v I got mods with Frisians, Tupi, Luxembourg, Rapa Nui and Aboriginal tribes and shit, I like that.
I also love the shit out of Enrico Dandolo.

I do think big noteworthy empires should have priority though. It's odd how Genghis Khan was neither in the base game of civ v nor in this game.
They always seem to add the Dutch in an expansion, and I ain't playing this shit unless the Dutch get in.

Same here mate, got to love putting those swamp Germans in their place.

That reminds me. Unique tile improvements seem to be absent so far with civ 6. Most unique things are related to the districts. I kind of liked seeing different tile improvements in my neighbours land in civ 5

what

Actually type out your points rather than trying to be a idiot. Comparing Tenochitlan to Rome, Paris, Venice, Constantinople, Alexandria, and Cairo is just jaded, it was as noted before bronze age tier tech with just a lot of mexicans and gold

disabling them has been mandatory ever since they went 3d. I honestly dont know why they even bother to model and animate them, when they just look like shit every single fucking time. Whats wrong with just a well painted picture?

You don't have a single fact supporting a single city in Europe during that timespan being more populated than Tenochtitlan. Just admit you're wrong and own up to it. It's fucking embarrassing.

Actually, here's every civ in all civs games organized into groups.. I might get some shit wrong because I really only into ancient and mesoamerican history. If a civ is in one category in the incarnation they get represented in, but are in another at their peak, i'll list them twice

Britain
Spain
Mongols
USA
Portugal
Dutch
French
Portuguese
Soviet Union/Russian

Rome
Ottoman
Byzantine
Greece(?)
Persia
Arabian Caliphate
Chinese
Indian
Germany/Holy roman empire

Aztec Empire
Incan empire
Assyria
Mali
Austria
Morocco
Ethiopia
Brazil
Denmark*
Khmer
Indonesian Majapahit empire
Japan
Korean
Siam
Songhai
Sweden

Ancient Egypt
Greece(?)
Maya
Kongo
Danes (Under Harold Bluetooth)*
Hittites
Carthage
Babylon
Iroquois
Sumer
Venice

Zulu
Shoshone
Sioux
Huns
Scythians

"""Native american"""
"""Viking"""
Celts
Polynesia

I have Greece in either proper empires or kingdoms/confedarcies because I don't know how unified they were outside of Alexander's rule and IIRC his shit fell apart almost immedately after he dued

Yeah, and Tenochtitlan had around 200,000 possibly more, which is larger then that. A source I have says it was actually 5 times larger then london but that seems excessive.

Post some sources then on their population numbers in the early 1500's. I'm trying to get sources to back up my claims at the moment as well.

Did you even read the expect from the Conquisador I got for you? Do you want me to get the letter Cortes wrote that describes the same stuff?

Nah, he's right that 350,000 is a high estimate. The most reliable number i've seen is like 212,000 something.

Called google, not hard to do

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_European_cities_in_history

You see why Cortes would talk up the Aztec empire don't you? Easy plundering to get himself richer, which he did magnificently. The fact that these great cities got trampled by numbers 10 times smaller is an indictment that numbers don't tell everything, I'm saying just by size there's a plethora of european cities that are equivalent in size, and if we go further in intellectual, artistic, and cultural innovation there's no comparison

Considering how precisely the Civ series maps to D&D editions, I'm expecting this one to be the "somewhat less shit than last iteration but still not very good" sequel.

>BTS / Pathfinder: Platonic ideal of the franchise despite not fitting in the numbering system

Usually Holla Forums loves shitting on bad games (or shilling them).

I'm kinda thinking if I should pre order Civ VI tbh. I'm a sucker for Civ anyway (started with Civ 2). Its just that I got burned with Civ 5 back then when I bought it early as well.

Right now, it kinda looks like Civ 6 is following the same path of Civ 5 (needs DLCs to be great) but the game looks promising so far.

user it sounds like you want to be talked out of it. No one here is going to tell you to pre-order a game.

Do not pre-order anything, ever.

I can understand this impulse, but you should at least wait to see if it's a SimCity or MN9-tier debacle before you shell out money for it.

Going by that, the only ones that beat it out or rival it are are Constantinople, Paris,.Naples, and Antwerp, and that's only according to one source, some of the others put all but Constaninople below Tenochtitlan

>The fact that these great cities got trampled by numbers 10 times smaller i

Holy shit you are actually this ignorant.

The aztecs were doing fine against the Spanish, and pushed the Spanish out of their territory even after the Spanish had launched an assault from inside their capital. The spainish retreated to Tlaxcalan territory and rested and regrouped their for almost a years, all the while the aztecs got fucked by smallpox, then relaunched an attack 10 months later along with a tlaxcalan arrmy almost as large as the Aztec's

It wasn't 300,000 aztecs vs 3000 conquistadors, it was 300,000 plague stricken aztecs in an already failing city vs 200,000 tlaxcalans and 3000 conquistadors. .

Literally even 10 seconds of googling would tell you that:

yeah I know, my favourite civ is monty and china from Civ 5 so I'm kinda torn doing it

Just pirate it and wait for the inevitable GOTY.

It's shit.

Last go around they fucked naval from the start, I'll wait to see what's busted this time around. How the fuck can anyone trust Firaxis anymore? They've already cocked up XCOM.

Anyone have all the leader screen images?

They didn't accomplish much tbqh
But the ones denouncing their civilization status have changed stances.
They're a primitive civilization, as civs are man-made.

Shills, get out.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

English is not my main language but I'm sure that has to be descendants or something like that

I have this pic but it's quite old. There's probably a newer version out there, I stopped following civ related news after this leak

*They're a primitive civilization, and can only be considered a civilization because they had cities.
The Negroid and Australoids don't, because they lived in mud huts throughout their entire existence.

Yes, I'm not the one that made the image.
Sage for off-topic

He's one of the few that doesn't look too bad with the artstyle

When they were building their silly little city the University of Oxford had been around for a couple of centuries. Just think about that for a second you greasy spic.

Promises, promises.

They didn't accomplish shit. Their culture consisted of human sacrifice and barbarism of the highest degree, for which they were reviled even by their subjects. Their technology was a thousand years behind europe, if not more. And what do we have left from them today? A few ruins and thats it, because they weren't competent enough to leave anything of use behind

SHIGGY

The characters in this game actually look really nice, You guys can't seem to not wank on about Civ IV and that had stylized leaders too, but the Civ V ones were the best, if they had the realistic leaders of Civ V with the amazing shaders in this game, I'd actually consider buying it.

Look at that detail, you can see the fibres in the cloth and it actually looks good.

Look at that beard, and those eyebrows, the subsurface looks especially good in this game.

I also like the hair and beard on Philip II, the intricated detail on his breastplate and the small scratches is very nice. the relief detail on his whatever the fuck those shoulder things are called is legitimately exquisite.

Of course I forgot to post my second image.

Yes, and their place is on top of the fucking world

Pericles is probably my second favourite leader behind Hojo, I wonder if he will take his helmet off like Harald Bluetooth did in Civ V.

I couldn't disagree more
Every single feature has been improved, i have watched all gameplay videos out there and it looks way better than CIV5 is right now

The only thing out is the world congress which was my least favorite thing in the game anyways

I gotta say, I wasn't expecting Hojo to be Japan's leader.

I actually like what I see tbh, but I won't pre-order probably. I will wait for others to see if it's even playable.

I do hate the art-style, primarily for the backgrounds. The lively ones from Civ 5 gone, for this boring shit? The worst offender is Montezuma. In Civ 5 he was a true badass, now he looks like a hobo in front of a bad painting.

Only a few look decent, like Philip, Gilgamesh or Barbossa.

This speaks against and not for them. Those things don't simply fall from the sky.

What part of the word "civilization" don't you understand?

Too bad the other 90% of the game, i.e. the map, still look like a phone game.

The fundamental design decisions are still bad though, improved or not. Hence the number farming shit.

I modded my own country in in Civ V.
Was fun creating the Great Croatian Empire

Black people has not yet gotten to this level of technology. How quaint.

Why you gotta be so Western-centric, Civ?

Thanks for the insight neo/v/.

feels bad

What was that gunk he took at the end?

do you mean this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_bacteria

Wait 2 years for all the patches, expansions and mods. Playing any game on release is stupid ofcourse but Civilisation especially.

Should be pretty cheap by then too.

yeah, nah, the only two measures for how civilized a culture is are as follows:

nah I think that works work paradox games even better but then again,

That beautiful ink map feature is absolutely amazing though, but yeah the buildings aren't particularly appealing.

I never played Civ 2, why was it so good? I've played Alpha Centauri though, that's never going to get the sequel it deserves.

Ironworking 101
It's hard as fuck to just "get" Iron. Luckily, Iron Oxides (III in this case, Fe2O3) can be obtained in a variety of ways. In this case, he's abusing the iron-rich groundwater deposit of the creek which had a colony of Iron Bacteria, a substrain of bacteria that survives especially through the oxidization reaction it produces while in contact with iron.
The key part of the process was obtaining this iron-rich liquid, infested with bacteria, and mixing it with activated Carbon. The reaction goes Fe2O3 + C -> 2Fe + 3CO at high enough temperatures. That'd be pretty fucking high, though, which is why he added a third substance to make basic bitch burning possible. Side note: You obtain about 0.7x Iron where x is the equivalent unit of measure for Iron Oxide.
To reduce the melting point and allow the reactions to occur, he used Wood Ash. This is a tradition more associated with pottery, but it acts as an acceptable mode of slag creation and to dissolve the metal oxide itself into a more easily agitated state. Since he can't use HCl, it's a pretty okay alternative.
And there you have it! He didn't use enough or a strong enough furnace to really cook it straight, but it was enough for some teeny nuggets.

can't please you fucking little shits

At least get the name of the celebration right, amerifag. It's carnaval.

probably montezuma II who gave his empire to the spaniards because they shoved a candle up his butt

mind telling me which and how would you want them to be?

Sulla has explained in detail why Civ5 is a big step back for the series as a whole.

Modern Firaxis just can't copy the success of older titles. Nu-COM 1 was a happy accident at best, as shown by the shit that was XCOM2. Civ5 took 3 expansions and a community balance project to make it interesting. Beyond Earth was a complete failure in every regard.

nigga this is a civ6 thread, not civ5
and who the fuck is sulla?

Implying nothing, just correcting amerifags that don't understand the world outside of their stupid country. No Brazil or Bolivia or Peru did not invent carnavAl but to call it Mardi Gras is typical of murican dumbassery.

I still haven't beaten a single Civ5 game so I don't think I'll be trying this one yet.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the enemy always produces shitload more units in little time compared to mine, is the Ai cheating or am I missing some stats to fix, I don't know.

Your arguing with faggots that aren't happy with European superiority, they want to view Europeans to be the only civilization that ever did anything ever.

I had a fucking 2 day debate with some faggot about China vs Europe, when all I was trying to suggest was that China had some advancements Europe did not.

I don't really like it. I don't like the tech boost system. It's meh. Civ 5 is better.

yes the ai is literally cheating on higher difficulties

Play on Prince difficulty if you must, or play a better game already.

play on Prince they're basically less than equal against humans on that terms but I would suggest King on starting.

AI cheats of course the most annoying cheating that AI does is the massive promotion boosts

Fuck off losers Civ is a multiplayer game.

This game is only for those with friends, so get mad virgin.

I really can't play Civ multiplayer its just it takes too long even on quick speed. only tried it twice and I quit around the 4th hour

Civ has multiplayer?

I know a few people who play Civ on LAN, and it always takes them the entire weekend, 24/7.

t. 81 IQ shitskin beaner

I do this with my friends.
Until that guy starts spamming cities around our capitals and we start playing something else because of it.

I know this bait, but…

pretty good actually, I keep hearing Boromir

Remember though that variety is the spice of life, and having all european/asian civ would be boring. I'd rather enjoy some historical inaccuracies. It's more inspired by history then sucking it's dick.

what i'd do to get De Ruyter in the game…he's so overlooked. I get the point of going for William, but De Ruyter is also extremely important in history.

yeah, the focus on districts is a bit offputting…but maybe it works, can't tell untill the people figgure it out after a while.

good list, mate.

The management they took away was good, the management they added is shit. It's not that hard user.

Wondering why 3000 spaniards would be defeated by 300,000 aztecs hmmmmmm it's not hard to wonder why, but guess who subjugated them with only a meager amount of people, you're acting as if they didn't have a 97,000 person advantage, that's literally a small city worth of people just there in reserves

And who cares if it's big, it literally did nothing to change the history of the world other than being a stepping stone for Spain

They were though, China has done a handful of things while the Europeans are literally the reason is how it is right now. The only reason we have video games is because europeans

なに?

IIRC this is literally because of jews. Can't remember the name of the guy but the creator of the first video game was a jew

at least use the kanji you dip

Qoute me what you were responding to, you retarded faggot, I said Europeans are superior but other civilizations did shit, then you just say "They were though"
They were what? What I already stated.

Thanks for proving my point, you are more obsessed about proving Europeans being the only culture to ever contribute to anything ever, then actually discussing anything based in facts or logic.

But De Ruyter was an admiral, not a king or anything.

I doubt Allan Alcorn is a Jew. Just a Commiefornian.

yeah I don't know alright

You seem pretty mad, maybe you should calm down before you have an aneurysm, but europeans are the only civilizations to ever do anything, I'm sorry you actually think the Aztecs and Kongolese are civilizations, but the word civil is the root word for civilization and they were all backwater savages living 2000 years behind Europeans. Oh but the calendar though, THE CALENDAR. Seriously they did nothing of note

Just play a better game instead.

Yeah faggot keep on exposing how little you know.

if you are to take the first part of your first list, multi continental empire, you should add norway/denmark since we have proof of a permanent residence of a norse settlement in North America, see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows

to quote kikeipedia:

De Ruyter saved the situation for the Netherlands in the Third Anglo-Dutch War. His strategic victories over larger Anglo-French fleets at the Battles of Solebay (1672), the double Schooneveld (1673) and Texel (1673) warded off invasion.

had the invasion happened, the Dutch republic would have been 300% fucke, while the French, English, and two german states invaded. It would have divided the Dutch republic between france, england, and some german cunts. In that aspect, he is monumental in Dutch history, and IMO as worth of inclusion as a leader. Then again i'm biased so keep that in mind

Civ 5: Stealing features from Endless Legend edition. Pass, shit leader selection, shit art style.

I dunno, OP. I like the even Civ games (2, not 3. 4, not 5) so I guess there is some small hope for this game. But considering I'm still playing 4 and have yet to move on to 5…I dunno. I've even thought of finding my CD and playing Civ 2 of late, just from the small amount of Civ 6 hype going around…

I wish the game devs would go back and play the shit out of 2/4 to maybe get some intuitive understanding of what a civ game SHOULD be.

The Firaxis devs all played the old UFO games and still mangled XCOM quite a bit, so I'm not sure that would help.

Europeans did not invent paper, writing, gunpowder, rockets, china, or mathematics that isn't shit. Europeans just perfected them.

My point wasn't the tenochitlan wasn't big, it was big but european cities had at least 20 other cities that were around its size that also were cultural hubs for intellectual pursuits, artistic expression, and militaristic innovations.

Literally what, they made a fucking calendar that the Romans made 1500 years prior, but tell me more about your ancient aliens episode. Name their agricultural advancements, what some fucking corn, is that it user.

Also seleucids were Greeks you fucking dipdog and Persians were Caucasians just like ancient Northern Indians, they only became darkened up because the mongol and seljuk invasions centuries later and in the case of Indians race mixing of the Dravidians and Aryans.

And in the end you post a picture of Hillary which makes me assume you're a blind libtard that think multiculturalism is enrichment that we all can learn from

user, what do you mean with "mathematics"?

What also helped is that the English and French hated each other. When they got bogged down and the war was costing too much money everyone just wanted it to be over.

The whole war was instigated by filthy Catholic scum who wanted destroy a glorious peaceful benevolent Protestant country (I'm also biased).

This is every Civ since Civ 1.

Nah Europeans didn't do shit until the 15th century.

Go look up the tech tree of Civ on Wikipedia.

Paper, compass, rudder, calendar, clock making, archery, horse breeding.

Chinks and sandniggers.

you don't belong here

Do you not understand you have been disproven several times by that claim?

Not to mention Tenochtitlan was built on a fucking man made Island with bridges that rivaled what the Roman Empire was doing, which Europeans couldn't replicate for a long time.
Which is why they got their asses handed to them by the mongols, which only left because they disliked the weather.

Which the superior Europeans lost for quite some time, if time of discovery matters then China is superior for working Steam engines, clocks and gunpowder.

Do you even into history?
Do you not know about Terrace Farming?
Do you not know about Floating farms?

Holy fuck so your argument is the literal nigger argument
WE WUZ PERSIANS AND INDIANS

Holy fuck dude you are working on levels of idiocy I have no encountered in a long time.
You are really making my day.

"Muh Districts" is now the Bethesda tier answer to literally every complaint people had about Civ5.
>People are going to realize almost all of our 'new' mechanics and design shortcuts are stolen from the Endless and Warlock franchises? Easy, just call them Districts(tm)!

watch the gameplay videos faggot
its deeper than civ4 was on release

Then how the fuck can you make the claim that they haven't been able to get anyone as good as nimoy.

Alpha Centauri will still be the best Civilization type game after almost two decades.

Its amazing how far ahead it still is and how incredibly badly they shit the bed when they tried to recreate it with Beyond Earth

I heard Civ 7 will be out at Christmas so you may as well just wait.

but tbh its pretty much figured out by now.

lasted for like how long?

this is objectively true. also the best atmosphere with the technologies and politics that was so sci-fi, it sometimes felt surreal for me

Please, tell me about all the advances they've made over Civ4/2. What have they even fixed from 5?

do you even know who Filthy is you fucking autist?

I like the Civics, not a fan of the map

I just like that someone else remembered Warlock.

They're actually called districts in Endless Legend.

I don't think I was disproven you just keep insisting that Aztecs weren't fucking savages that got their asses kicked by a couple thousand spaniards manipulating other savages

No it wasn't they literally just swam around in tiny canoes while the main city on the island, and the the Romans, Greeks, and Ptolemaic engineers were making steam cannons, vending machines, and god knows what else since the majority of the main engineering papers were burned in alexandria.

these are both environmental based innovations, why would most europeans need this when crop rotation is just as effective

and you dismissing Indians and Persians are caucasians is stupid, look up
I'll post a pic of where the dominant white men are from

Just because you're a retard doesn't mean you have to project on me

you faggots clearly don't know shit about what you are talking about, so i will just throw my 3 favorite changes:

Not only makes more sense, but also increases greatly the amount of options you have to develop your civ
With the addition of eureka/inspiration moments that boost specific techs/civics research under certain conditions you can make use of many different actions and oportunities to rush techs even faster or expand your array of discoveries to cover something you were going to leave for later and get it earlier

Faith has now its own victory condition, and its not just a bonus to help you with cultural victory
Also religious units can engage each other in ideological combat, so you can stop filthy kebabs from converting your cities without having to declare actual war

You get governments and policy cards from researching the civics tree

Extra just because

The warmonger penality from starting wars and conquering shit starts at zero in the ancient era and increases every era after, the more "civilized" you are, the more you are punished by being a warmonger which makes sense and match what happens in human history, to balance this you can now research different casus belli to justify war and take much lesser punishments later on

What a selective choosing of events.
First it was debate about population of the city, which according to your sources and the other user puts Tenochtitlan in the top 5 cities.
Then you said 3000 conquistadors won against 300000 savages seeming to ignore the 2000000 savages the spaniards had, but now that's okay because they were manipulating them, which somehow makes it a 3000 vs 300k battle instead of a 200-250 k vs 300k.

Holy fuck nigger google is your friend.
allabouthistory.org/tenochtitlan-faq.htm
They were man made Islands
Also

So Aqueducts don't matter because the Mayans had access to water available basically everywhere?

I'm really looking forward to your next post, whats your WPM? You are taking very long time to post a response for what you are typing.

About as useful as Ariosophy.

FilthyRobot is an enormous faggot who spearheaded a group of obnoxious autists to enforce Brawl Club-tier rules on Civ5 and treat it as 'serious and balanced' while simultaneously trying to assimilate/fuck over other Civ communities.
He's spent years ripping content from CivFanatics and other fan groups/channels and passing it off as his own, and has to be handheld to play the game in anything but his special-snowflake Pangaea-Tactical ruleset.

Your opinion is shit and overpenalizing wide play is an absolute cancer. There should always be a point where larger empires overtake small empires. Where's the point to expanding if you take this away? Civ 4 did this extremely right because it doesn't devolve into ICS. Any new city is a net minus at first, because you pay maintenance on cities instead of buildings, but as you advance and build crucial improvements, they turn a profit, and you can expand more. Boom. Feedback loop, satisfying gameplay. The limit to expansion is natural - as long as you can pay for that new city without fucking up your entire economy, you're good, and smaller empires naturally have more cash for science and can get a temporary tech lead which they hopefully can convert into some other advantage, like an invasion. A series of interesting decisions.
Compare this to Civ5 system where buildings can be a net malus on top of the opportunity cost of not investing into better things, happiness system caps your growth by effectively capping your total population - a restrictive and completely arbitrary system that completely turns off your growth if you don't have enough Good Boy Points - and there is almost no point left to going wide because science is just a function of population and spreading that limited pop across more cities just means you have to build more buildings. To speak nothing of its other retarded design decisions, like archaeologist micromanagement, butchering tile improvements, killing roads for aesthetic reasons, Carpet of Doom and its general tendency to feel too gamey because of all of its arbitrary restrictions.

What is the point in empire building games if you can't build an empire?

Additionally, the AI was never hindered by the happiness restrictions so while YOU can't go wide, the AI absolutely can and will which inevitably leads to frustration since the seams of the game mechanics are so glaringly obvious.

How to spot a broken system 101.

there's a reason why its Pangaea you do know that? playing it on continent makes one civ a runaway and much harder to stop? and let's face it, Civ5 isn't balanced, so what the fuck is wrong in making it balanced? I sure am would be pissed if I got Venice or Dutch in MP.

you're taking my words out of context. In Civ 5 I like playing tall since I want specialized super cities more instead of wide. I've played wide and its fine but I like tall more.

Now in Civ 6, the way happiness works you'll most likely end up on tall for maximum efficiency.

i lost my precious time writing this reply, go read it you fucking shitflingers

I don't agree with you on the first two, but I guess they're things we'll have to get our hands on to really discuss.
The government flexibility and Casus Belli systems both pique my interest, and I hope they're well implemented and balanced.

I want the game to be good, I just don't have any hope it will be.

Just a heads up. New expansion for Endless Legend comes October 14th. It'll feature naval combat and a new eldritch sea God faction.

I read it and it made me sad, I hope the Communistas mod for Civ V makes the game mechanics more balanced.

I like how they pretend Beyond Earth never existed.

On your first line mainly - I doubt we'll ever see face-to-face here. You're seeing Civ as a multiplayer series where balance between as many different playstyles as possible is desirable. I see Civ as a singleplayer series where the imbalance makes the fun.
That aside, there's nothing wrong with city specialization and tall elements at all, and part of the reason I like Civ4 so much is because it strikes a great balance between tall and wide. Still tall empires - in the sense of 4~5 or less large cities and nothing beyond that - are better off as a self-imposed challenge than the best way to play the game. A 4X where players don't want to expand is a self-contradicting game where war is not nearly enough of a factor.

FACT: Any game that has more than three installments is beating a dead horse.

Dominions 4 is slamming though.

The few installments thing works for storytelling mediums, most notably books and movies because a good and elegant story is not meant to go forever.

Game mechanics, gameplay, however, it can always be changed and improved. A number of installments in vidya means nothing.

Name three that managed to go on past 3 and not get stale or fuck things up

I could go on all day. You're fulla shit, mate.

I think it's a bit of a case of trying to do something different from previous games, but they kinda covered all the stuff anyone cares about already.

Super Mario 64 could arguably be a start of its own series, mind. Nintendo did flat out reinvent the formula for 3D, as they needed to. (see Sonic for what happens when you just try to use the same formula in 3D)

Why doesn't Holla Forums play EL multi?

Final Fantasy VI is best final fantasy
Serious Sam 3 is almost as good as the first and it's the fifth in the series
Morrowind is the fifth game in Elder Scrolls series
Divinity Original Sin is the fourth
Heroes of Might and Magic V
[insert any number of fighting games here]

only with friends fam

Because I suck, I need more practice.

but I have no friends who play EL

I tried with friends and it took too long, maybe now that 6xspeed battle animations are a thing games have a theoretical chance of finishing.

a fair point, i was bringing it up as a game that's not controversial (inb4 ocarina is shit etc.) and past the third insallment of a franchise. I still stand by the point that bc0f3c's is being silly

Bowsers Inside Story
Command and conquer Generals
Mario Galaxy 2 (if you count SM64 as a new series)

your net is being cast too wide, sequel rot exists but discarding a series after it's third installment is just dumb

You could be talking about Rome mate, every high culture is barbaric in some way, be it war or religion. Your measure of "accomplishment" is unsatisfied, what is it then? Still existing today? Oh they used stone in their tools and construction, they must be cro-magnan monkies to you then. Yes, they died out and their cities are now ruins, that happens big whoop.

Jeeze Holla Forums if you like the series so much just buy it.

Disagree. Language and religion correlate quite well with racial features because they were often indicative of how likely two peoples were to assimilate with one another. It's why despite centuries of Ottoman rule places like Greece remain overwhelmingly ethnically homogenous (Orthodox - Muslim marriages were illegal, illicit children would be aborted or abandoned)

It's also a strong explanation for why despite their geographic nearness to Turks/Arabs places like Georgia and Armenia remained white.

It was the bestest ever.

color me surprised.

That's what I thought too.

Do you know it's retarded to wear a helmet on top of your head?

So we're supposed to believe this map just because it's old?
Hungarians are some pretty interesting white skinned round eyed light haired chinks then. And of course abbos are negroid because they have poopoo skin, why bother with research.

Well, it did end up being retarded fashion thing in the end.

Brazil is a local superpower with 47.9% of the military spending of south america. To get to this number, it has beens as long as 200 years of independence (50 years less than the US aprox.) and an Empire that lasted 67 years, had one of the greatest "Philosofical Monarchs" of all times, winning all of it's wars, and with the republic that followed it always picking the right side in military matter also. It's truly diverse and not only a big mixture of various peoples into one universal culture that has no traditional values at all, like the other litlle countries on South America. And for all that matters, our culture is a superpower. Tourism is strong and we are influential over many countries like Japan, Portugal and Russia. CIV is not just territory (which we have plenty) and domination. Brazil is the tourism alternative for the win.

Yes, me brazilian shill.

Post Brazilian women, holy fuck do I love me brazilian women.

Go to 55chan.org/pr0n/ and good fap, m8.

Thank you, BR's are truly our greatest ally.

The same happened when I last went to that Finnish one too, yliuata or something like that, it was the first thread there. Just what the fuck is happening to porn boards

Civ is for casuals and casuals love busy work.

Just for finishing this topic and going back to the actual CIV discussion, I'll link some brazilian professional porn.

brchan.org/p/res/170.html

The links that start with cdn2.brasileirinhas.com.br/ are from the old server. Replace that piece of the link with sex4.brasileirinhas.com.br/vod-sex1/ . Also, the last part of the link that goes "cenaX.mp4" where X is a algarism, it can be usually replaced with 1, 2, 3 or 4, for each of those being a different scene from the same DVD/Bluray.

Enjoy, Holla Forums.

I mean attractive Brazilian women.

I knew this 16 year old when I was in high school who would show me her tits and masturbate on webcam, was probably the hottest chick I ever did anything with.

No such thing.
Brazil is a local power, nothing more.

wahh poor scrub doesnt like it when games are hand holding easy PoS

git gud, faggot

Because it's hilariously broken, imbalanced and a shit game?

Enless Legend has to be one of then most over-rated games I have ever played. The entire game boils down to numbers, yes the graphics are pretty and colourful but fails horribly in hiding the numbers. You either win or lose based on your first 3 and how fast you can crank out settlers with lucky ruin finds.

Endless is a shit game with great ideas, but will never be good as Civ without serious polishing.

All of you are faggots about the art style. The cities are actually detailed with actual clear buildings unlike civ 5's horseshit city graphics.

br is a third world shithole with horrible greedy selfish people and a culture of pure greed/self-pity/crime. that's why it is in such a state. of course, the population consisting mostly of a disgusting mongrel mob of mixed races, niggers and american natives doesn't allow any advanced society to exist.

Actually it is because during the cold war murica was so piss scared of communism and how the USSR was influencing other latin american countries towards socialism including Cuba and Bolivia that they instated fascist leaders and military coups in Argentina, Brazil and Chile that would beat the crap out of people for as little as wearing a red colored shirt. The long term result is there is a longstanding tradition of corruption in politics which has a negative impact in all of the countries.

But of course, Holla Forumstards must make everything about race, even if Argentina is doing far worse than both Brazil and Chile with their 98% white population.

You had to meme your bait up.

KILL YOURSELF

0/10 bait
"br is a third world shithole"
Did you even read the post, Holla Forums?
the reason why it's shit is of the mixed mongrels that shit up the shit.

first of all, out fear.

well i havent kept up with it, but devs will usually use flakey wording that gets people hyped but allows them to back out. is that not the case here?

The fact is that, though Aztecs, Mayas and Incas were civilizations, but only because they met the minimum requirements to be so.

They were the most primitive civilizations in the world at the time of discovery. (This is, among existing civilizations then)

They did a few notable things, like the chinampas, had a somewhat above neolithic-level agriculture, primitive astronomy, usage of a currency (Quachtli) among other things.

The most notable, as a matter of fact, was that Aztecs used currency.

But a number of things you describe, and some which you even mention as if positive indication of societal organization or development are quite the contrary. Not using pack animals for example, and still being able to construct what they did doesn't demonstrate development, on the contrary, it's just an element of a society that still worked like primitive asiatic mode of production.

That means, they were less advanced than Egypt in almost every way (with few exceptions, which we already mentioned), but 3500+ years later.

Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay have the highest GDP per capita in south america.
Funny that they're also the whitest countries in south america.

Also, if you want to see what your precious commies would do to a country, look at Venezuela.

i thought civ 3 and 4 were horrible. call to power was alright

The period you describe, although it was a dictatorial experience in BR, it was also the episode in which the country developed the most.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Miracle

As a matter of fact, due to the current crisis and loss of recent gains in material equality/income distribution, not even the positive actions of the party known locally as PT rivals the benefits generated by the development of the 70s in Brazil.

Stop blaming foreign countries for the errors and mistakes your leaders commit.

- t. BRhuefag

You mean regional power. If the US wanted to fuck with Brazil, they'd absolutely shit on them.

Humans had lived in the Americas less than half as long as they had in the Old World, probably not enough to accidentally tame the wildlife.

Forgot to add: if you study those countries' history, you'll see that they have a longstanding history of corruption that goes far back, way before the events you narrate in the 60s onward.

We are just the local power. A regional power, mostly because of a lack of anything bigger than Brazil in the region.

We have 200+ million people, the 7th economy in the world, etc., but we're not a power in the strict sense of the word in geopolitics. We have no soft-power, though we could have since brazilian culture is very rich and diverse (not using diverse in the current fashionable sense, I don't mean just that it's ethnically diverse, though it's also that, but that music, cooking, visual arts, traditions, etc., are many and elaborate). But we didn't manage to influence other nations with our moods. We also tried expading influence with soft-power by being a neutral nation, but that's still to show results, since the attempts at solving international feuds by Brazilian mediation beared no fruits (e.g. Lula mediating the Iran question, with no result even in the short-term), except a few minimal questions that arise in South America itself.

As a military power, spending ~48% of South America's total isn't much. You also didn't consider the fact that Brazil is known for overbilling in general 5x the real cost of goods (often going over 10 times reasonable cost), making it hard to know how superior we are to other SA nations, even though we certainly have the upper hand over every and each one of them considered individually.

We only fought when we had the clear advantage though. We never fought anything that could be a challenge in any way. The only time we really fought what could be considered a small challenge (Paraguay back when it was industrializing), we brought allies, heavy british funding, even though we had the upper hand to begin with, and still gave it our all, committing a coward act of genocide, one of the most abhorrible in history (Paraguay had to institute polygamy to get it's population back into manageable numbers after the "war").

Doesn't mean they'd arrive at the same level of development given time.

The realm of "if" is infinite and can justify arguments on both sides of a discussion, it's a useless argument on itself.

All we know is what is and what was, and they weren't as developed as even ancient Egypt. Although they did qualify as civilizations for the bare minimum it takes.

You are as leftist as it gets, dude.

The currently most common kind of corruption is not a inheritance from the muh Portuguese, but from Getúlio Vargas, our facist-ish dictator. As the First Republic was as aristocratic as it gets, rich people always felt that they owned the country. On the other hand, when the first populist dictator came, politicians learned that if they gave the crowds some crumbs, they could steal as much as they want, with the right influent people supporting them. Corruption is a thing created by patrimonialists that thought they were the state, as the colonels could locally rig the elections and use force to control the state as they pleased.

Paraguay was a shithole much like Argentina at the time, we did almost all the fighting and won the war in 6 months, while they were as backed per England as us. Englishmen sold they the same amount of goods as they sold us: the amount they could afford. It was more difficult for the guns and ammo to arrive there, as we encircle Paraguay and it has no litoral. We were at a advantage just because of our numbers, ocean access and more experienced generals, Paraguay was not industrialized, nor stronk, neither a republic, and as we used slaves to fight, they used children.

PT didn't do anything good to the economy, except stabilishing Bolsa Família, as Fome Zero was just giving people overpriced food, and Bolsa Família gave them some basic education and money (which is free to choose were to spend) to not starve to death. The State Program was not flawless by afar. It's full of frauds and robberies. All the economic and educational policies were stablished by the President Fernando Henrique Cardozo, the earlier government. Just check the link.
mercadopopular.org/2015/06/nao-foi-o-pt-quem-tirou-36-milhoes-de-pessoas-da-miseria/

I don't think I ever played a complete match of Civilization V. I always give up around the industrial era, because everything takes too long by that time.

Pericles was smarter than you you cuck.

Do people know the devs have been streaming the game and explaining the new stuff? From what I've seen on youtubers playing the game, they sure as fuck don't. Every single one I have seen has talked about how they need to build their city on the coast, oblivious that a harbour district can be built away from the city.

Another video on religion and bible fights: youtube.com/watch?v=GjHZYnpCMx0

You know one thing that triggers my autism about the Civ games? Your society making wonders that they never should have. I feel like wonders should be static objects that spawn in the correct time periods and you have to find them. Like America "making" the Great Pyramids gets me antsy

pleb

The AI was dumber than rocks in Civ5 and the multiplayer was just plain broken with awful awful netcode in a god damned turn based game.

Do not get this shit.

But user, suicide is a sin.

The fact of the matter is they did the same as what europe was doing despite not being nearly as advanced.

I fail to see how that can be interpreted as anything but a huge accomplishment and impressive.

see

About to play some Civ V. Any mods I should get?

well, someone has to have made them for them to be found. itd be nice if the wonders changed their looks depending on their surroundings and who built them

To be fair, civilization was built on the backs of domesticated animals. Europe and Asia advanced like they did because they had horses and other animals. While places like the Americas, Sub-Saharan Africa and Australia/New Zealand were primitive because they lacked domestic-able animals. The only thing Native Americans had were llamas an even with that disadvantage were able to create empires. It just shows how smarter Native Americans were compared to Niggers. I mean after all, they did migrate from Eurasia.

NQ Mod 11
EUI

CCP if you want a new experience

Yes, they are? Just like Finns.

the community patch is good

couldnt niggers have just domesticated eachother?

How hard would it be to make a Civ game, not a clone, a fresh new take on Civ, with absolutely zero coding experience and start from scratch? They have a full house of devs and their incompetent as fuck, and I'm imagining a single person making a civ game.

Fuck Firaxis and Paradox, I wish there was another competitor.

well you'd have to create a diplomacy system, military, economics, religious, influence, management– you're basically be playing God. or Regan

No. Why do you think cucks call niggers bulls?

3/10
They shoulda put points into Nationalism or something.

whats that have to do with a slavery joke?

OY VEY

So ducks are secretly Muslims?

You what?

The style is alright, but the faces look like absolute shit, Caesar looks like he just heard his pet dog died and hasn't eaten for months

It's nice of them to include Jeb Bush as the spic leader

Why is Teddy Roosevelt the leader rather than the patron saint of the USA? No offense meant to him but how can he compete with a founding father?

Based from Filthy's last stream Scythia is broke af. The 50 HP heal per enemy kill is too much, add to the fact that you're getting an additional unit when you build the Saka Horse archers. Incoming Day 1 Nerf for sure

The canon story of Alpha Centauri, not the books, is some awesome sci-fi.

Are there books about the game?

Yes, they are very shit.

Sheeit, didnt even know, ill try avoid them.

Forget that stuff with the all the Super Eurobeat albums in the share threads.

they really haven't changed much since civ4. Although I've never been much of a civ fan. I don't think it's possible for the game they want to make be possible using their format

Could these game even be expanded upon?

How much more could they add? everyone wants the casual dollars which they wont get, casuals only buy yearly iterations of games and rarely anything else but they never get it and never learn.

I'm looking forward to the quickplay feature, or whatever it's called, Civ desperately needs an optional system that doesn't take all week to finish, or a weekend of LAN. You guys tried Civ on email? Pretty sure a long match could legitimately take a year.

How so?

The actual story seems implied through the quotes and cutscenes.

Miriam wipes out the Spartans with fucking terrifying psychic war crimes, and Yang bites it early.

Civ sells ridiculously well, last I checked. Probably comes off as educational.

I could never take civilization seriously and I wouldn't be surprised if the amazons become an add-on

What's the problem here?

I've been waiting for Fantasy Civ for years.
The mods aren't enough someone fucking make it happen already.

Considered making it yourself or getting the cash and funding one being made?

Nah, I know my limits. I'll be an idea guy forever as far as actually making video games goes.

There are Warlock, Fallen Enchantress, Endless Legend and probably a few more I can't remember, try them

Is this from MKX?

you can still be hired onto a team if you look around user.

Sniper elite, the xray deaths get boring very quickly.

Fallen Enchantress is bretty good. You can also customize units and heroes, so it's a big plus.
I even modded it:
nexusmods.com/fallenenchantresslegendaryheroes/mods/2/?

I tend to just finish conquering my initial continent and give up there.

TBH you should probably practice on some smaller projects but it's feasible, I think, if you skimp on graphics. The hard part is making it fun.

Ignore this Wardell cultist. Fallen Enchantress is terrible, banal shit.

We're not discussing hard work user.

But how advanced a civilization is. The point I made is that it's the most primitive out of all civs out there. All you write goes in the same direction, but you seem to want it to mean more than that because they managed to construct some impressive things with the blood of slaves ("hard work") without the proper tools or advanced techniques.

If only I could. I wonder if I could make the game as I learn. If I wasn't such a lazy piece of shit and a bit smarter, I'd make the game.

This is stupid.

North Africa had cattle, it's native to the region as well as India and Middle East.

Africa has bees, which they didn't domesticate, but Europeans did around 4000BC.

The horse isn't native to Europe, but was brought from Kazakhstan (other regions and populations could have done the same, why didn't they?).

And llamas are very useful for goods transportation and their wool can be used to craft clothes. A llama isn't a small animal, and can still be used to pull some weight.

What other excuses are there?

He should be called "Montezuma!"

The clothing on his arms look like they're made of plastic.

there were no horses or cows there nigga

The north african cattle was not native, europeans brought it in
africa has killer bees, not qt lovely honey bees

Because I disagree with you it seems. No, but I was some decade and half ago though.

This is dumb. Really dumb and uninformed. Getúlio was corrupt himself, but he did implement an administrative reform oriented by Weber's bureaucracy that managed to decrease it a bit back then.

You really are dumb aren't you?

What you say is true but doesn't mention one very important thing:

Before that, before those who thought they were the state, were those that indeed were the state.

People paid taxes back then as well. It wasn't republican politicians who implemented that.

And aristocrats used taxes worse than even politicians do. They used them even for their particular businesses, much like banks manage to do currently under the approval of central banks. Only you didn't get your minimal share of crumbs.

Why don't you read some history? It was developing fast, faster than Brazil. It was industrializing just after England and Belgium, before most Continental European countries.

Paraguay built the first south american railway back then. And then some. academia.edu/7480257/State-led_industrialization_the_evidence_on_Paraguay_1852-1870

Thanks for furthering my argument that we've only fought when we had the clear upper hand.

We didn't use nearly as many slaves as Argentinians did… and Paraguay used children as a last resort after we've already won the war but wouldn't stop the killing until we got to Lopez under royal command. Duque de Caxias himself wasn't willing to go that far and backed out, declaring the war won and if the efforts were to continue, that someone would be needed in his place. A desperate country with barely any men to repopulate the nation, work and fight, using children, isn't as unthinkable as you imply.

jstor.org/stable/25130471?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
There are signs of at least 2 native species of cattle in North Africa, dated from 8000BC. There are signs of use of the cattle for food, but not of domestication.

No, Africa had originally African bees, not killer bees. Killer bees are an admixture of subspecies, the Africanized bees.

African bees are a sort of honey bees, and not as aggressive as africanized bees.

The article discusses Eastern Sahara, not sub-saharan Africa.

My bad, your argument is restricted to sub-saharan Africa not having animals to domesticate. I forgot that.

I was restricting myself to animals that WERE domesticated at some point by someone, even though not by africans.

But sub-saharan Africa has a lot of animals that, why not, could potentially be domesticated (especially considering the effort takes time, centuries or more, but it needs to be started at some point). Some even were domesticated by other peoples.

Like the buffalo. Africa has the cape buffalo, which was domesticated and is present in many farms in the west.

The zebra could potentially be domesticated, if the effort was taken to select then for generations until you have the sort of you need.
slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/09/04/can_zebras_be_domesticated_and_trained.html

Much like was done by Russians with the red fox. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox

It's a matter of selecting the individuals and breeding for your needs. Much like many dog races we have as well. But it takes generations and generations to achieve it, and then the discussion passes to "why didn't they do it then?"

No, god, please, no. Cossacks are shit. Please, give me anything - Katyusha, streltsy, VDV, anything but those faggots.

Torposters can't make threads

He read Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond and actually fell for the garbage tjhat was written

Ah, the greatest Cossack achievement - that one time when they shitposted Turkish sultan because he asked them to stop being such niggers.

Been watching some playthrough and it looks like they've fixed some of Civ Vs problems, but added in a few new.
Firstly, the AI seems to be miles better. They now beeline for techs and civics, they seem to use units better (forming corps and armies correctly even), but still seem to have a too great love of their UUs, thinking they are all-powerful.
City management seems more interesting too with districts having buildings with areas of effect, meaning city placement and planning becomes more important. It also means cities have to specialize instead of just filling one city with every building and wonder like you could do previously.
The win conditions seem to be better implemented with there even being a religious victory, meaning you can specialize your empire more. On the downside, the UI does a piss poor job of showing progression toward victory, but that may be fixed for release.
Resources are more rare too now, meaning you either have to expand, or skip certain era units, meaning that you might be forced to go to war out of necessity rather than just for fun.
Also, the aforementioned corps and armies, plus the linking of units allow for more than 1 UpT, with synergies (artillery+obeservation balloon for +1 range for example) that could prove pretty interesting if they didn't dumb that system down too much .

What's worse - why isn't there a UU that has something to do with Peter I? I mean, America has Rough Riders as Roosevelt-themed unique, even though they existed for less than a year, why can't Pete have his guard regiments that existed for centuries?

can't really say that for the AI since the difficulty is up to Prince only.

City management is still the same, if you watch more gameplay videos there really isn't that much importance in placing districts. It sort of meh I have some available i'll put them in here for the +1 science. you can survive without much study in it your cities will still be good

Religious is good, I also like the Civics tech.

For people who watched videos of it, which civ looks like the best? When Japan was revealed I thought they would be the best because of their district bonuses, but most posts seem to say districts aren't even that important

Top is Scythia with its broken heal and additional units, expecting a day 1 nerf on them, America with +5 strength on the smae continent and Japan with its district placement.

I'm personally be playing China on release though.

I'm not saying districts are not important but you can survive without much study in district placement unlike as advertised. From Filthy's videos, due to the fact that Civ 6 is more of wide, you won't have much time plopping down districts anyway asides from your top cities and most likely your upper half cities (5-8) will be undeveloped

Districts are important, district placement isn't. Scythia is broken as stated above, but after they inevitably nerf it, it really depends.

Japan gets a bonus on coastal defense, so I'm guessing they'll be amazing in archipelago maps and kinda ok everywhere else.

I didn't say North Africa, I said Sub-Sahara.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Doesn't matter, this still applis:
Besides the animals that do exist in sub-saharan Africa and could be domesticated with time, there's the fact that just as many different Eurasian peoples brought animals from other regions, nothing was stopping sub-saharan africans from doing the same.

The Sahara was smaller and other peoples blocked by or living in deserts weren't stopped from doing so because of them. There's literally no excuse.

YOU SAID MEDIA IS POZZED BY LEFTIES

WHERE'S USSR, Holla Forums?

Also, it's hilarious how Russia got faith bonus, even though its leader is one of the most anti-religious tsars.

If that was all true, Tumblr, then why didn't they?

I look forward to playing them

meh, not really excited him, Tundra tiles are still shit in the game

Looks like a fucking clown to me

Just go with Civ IV if you really wanted it, also

Because the devs need to justify making you pay for another version of the game

I wouldn't call it hard work, i'd call it ingenuity, or a parallel sort of advancement.

whoops, meant to be for

Anyways, they were further along in some ways relative to the time they had to devolp civilization, and further back in others, I guess is my point.