What is going wrong at Nintendo

They're seriously losing their act.
Yes, I know people scream "NINTENDOOM" every other year or so, but I usually don't agree with it. Hell, usually there is more resistance in Holla Forums and even other locations.

Now the question is,
Is this actually Nintendoom?
And
What happened?
It couldn't just have been Satoru Iwata. Was he really the only stick holding up the company he called Nintendo? Was he the only "gamer" in the company? What transpired here?

Lad, NIntendo have been like this since the N64. How people have reacted to it has just changed.

Who cares, consoles need to die.

Are they actually losing money though?

Seems to me there are still plenty of kiddies and nostalgic manchildren left to milk.

Considering how they essentially dropped all their wii u productions except zelda, and in house they have many teams, it's reasonable to say that they are gearing up as well as they can for the NX. Nintendo's problem of failing to entice third parties since the n64 has caught up to them time and time again. They've been too late and rigid with the hardware and support on the N64, too small of a market with the gamecube (although not small enough to disengage developers, but definitely too small to get strong support and many third party exclusives) and with the wii they had such underwhelming hardware that developers had little interest in engaging with it outside of a few one-off or two-shot titles. Combined with an audience that wasn't particularly dedicated, those 90m+ wii's out there didn't do much for developers hoping to sell millions of units of a game.

Coming cold off the dead-end Wii U, Nintendo's underwhelming product delivery, and depressingly small sales and capitalizing on this with last generation hardware, developers didn't care. The Wii U was destined to fail once Nintendo failed to keep up.

Nintendo's silence and the lack of any announcement of letting any developers or teams go, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are all gearing up for the new hardware and want to launch as many games as well planned as they can be. Nintendo wants third parties desperately, and they are happy to support if they have the audience and the hardware to satisfy developers.

consoles are home to the greatest games ever made. I don't want the future to be SJW games and hideous 2d pixel shit.

How do you think the sjws got in?

I'd blame the company owned by the guy pushing Common Core and other SJ shit

So Microsoft essentially.

Nintendo could win me back if they shut down Treehouse and made a list of all the shitcanned employees open to the public.

Here are the things that are killing everything you love.

(((THEM)))
It is against the law to make fun of (((them))), or to deny (((them))) preferential treatment. (((They))) have more than enough money and cohorts to effect (((their))) inbred will upon human society, and believe in (((their))) god-given superiority over all other peoples, regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Facts are racist, silly guy.

Fat, stupid cunts.
Incompetent and unintelligent women who assert their will through shrieking cries of thought-rape. They worm their way into HR positions, that they can control who is hired and who is fired, shaping the companies to suit their ever-changing desires. If one does not play along, one will be unemployed. Just kidding, you only count as unemployed if you are eligible to collect unemployment benefits. Worry not, pathetic male, for they hate competent and intelligent women more than you, as those creatures defy the narrative that women are held back by men, and nothing else.

Weak-willed men.
They bow with such gusto as to concuss themselves before the two previous groups. They slave away with what little power they have, gladly giving it to their masters and mistresses, or use it to stand upon the necks of those who oppose their self-proclaimed superiors. Many of these so-called men throw away their pride to catch but the faintest whiff of the odious leavings of the previous group.

Nah, Nintendo's best days are far behind them. Get yourself some flash carts and pick from the treasures of their lost grandeur.

Financially? No

Figuratively? Yes

I wish Nintendo want bankrupt before Iwata dies, not because I hate them. But because I'd rather see them die an honorable death than continue on forever like they are now

The reason Nintendo is 'dying' is bureaucracy. They grew too much during the Wii era, and that gave them more surface area to be invaded by know-nothings.

NCL is trusting NOA more and more, which any 4-year old who speaks English could tell you is foolish- pretty much all of NOA is full of retards. But NCL doesn't speak English, and it isn't NCL who hires translators for meetings with NOA.

There's also stuff like amiibo. They sell more in the US than Japan, which is giving NOA more sales, which garners them more of NCL's trust.

NCL's best talent is also nearing retirement. Japan usually does a good job of passing down talent through generations, but game dev is HARD, it's somewhat doubtful how well they'll be able to pass down this wisdom.

Much like other gigantic bureaucratic turds (say, Microsoft), Nintendo probably isn't doomed, probably won't actually 'die' in the next decade. But they are 'dying'.

wtf is NCL?

If I had to guess, he meant Nintendo Co. Ltd. Or the Nintendo parent company in Japan

Yep.

oh, makes sense.

Can you explain further what you mean by this? I mean, when nintendo can't get their shit together and release some good games for NX, they might as well go PC and Mobile.

so basically, Nintendo is run by idiots

NCL's best talent =
Miyamoto Shigeru (63),
Aonuma Eiji (53),
Takashi Tezuka (55),
Koji Kondo (55),
Masahiro Sakurai (46), (Yes, Sakurai is pretty stupid nowadays, but he used to do good work imo)
etc…

Most of these guys are at or nearing an age where it wouldn't be unusual to retire.
Splatoon shows some potential success at passing down wisdom, but Miyamoto also had significant influence on that project, so it's a little hard to say how much of Splatoon was Miyamoto's doing and how much of it was new talent.

I think its more fair to say Nintendo is a very conservative company that has always had to be be dragged out into the modern age instead of being raised up. Its a miracle they've managed to stay independent for so long instead of letting themselves get eaten up by some massive holdings company like what would end up happening to most companies. And I think its because they really don't want to be owned by some holdings co.

Koichi Hayashida is pretty much the man responsible for the Mario series since Mario Galaxy, and take that as you will, but he does have actual game design theories behind his games, so there is some talent there

I don't know how they got in, but they are inside NOA, and much more so than Internet plebs are aware of.

True.

Common Core is introducing critical thinking? Doesn't that put them at risk of unravelling their own sermons?

That's how i learnt it in the 00's.

thats the sort of thing you can use as a crutch when you calculate in your head. why in the everliving fuck would you do it when you have a piece of paper and a pen?

Okay, it kinda makes sense. The sense it makes though is definitely not common sense.
It shows really well that the result of a subtraction is the difference between the two numbers, but it's an absolutely roundabout way to do a subtraction and anyone with half a brain would figure out the nature of a fucking subtraction anyway.
This drivel should be used as education for the mentally challenged people, not normal people.

Note that all common core mathematical operations omit base-10 calculations. This is because most nogs can't do this and most non-nogs can with ease.

Daily reminder that Pokemon Go is dead like a parrot.

It's just another jab at >muh ebil 50's

but
why would you change it to that
How would anyone be able to do subtraction in their head if they were taught the common core way?
You must keep track of every single packet that you add in for the larger "More friendly" number, leaving more room for error. Instead of teaching a student to "Remove from a quantity", they're being taught to "Add numbers you're "comfortable with" until you get the whole answer– oh by the way if you have more than one modifier you're fucked."
And here's the best part
They must also be graded by the teacher's handbook, which has set-in-stone "comfortable numbers". So if a kid finds adding a non-zero ten's place number is easier for them, they'll get a red mark.

No they are not learning mathmatics, they are learning "2 + 2 = 5".

The investors hate video games, literally. One of them said so straight to iwata's face. They have been hounding nintendo for YEARS to fall in line and just copycat what the other publishers are doing, like going mobile.
Now Nintendo is in hands that don't care about video games, so they are just following their investors.

Every single time!

That is the point of Common Core.

Make everyone equally slow so we're finally all equal.
The "progressive's" wet dream.

You're making assumptions and speaking for Nintendo from then on.

Here, have a go at these.

Cool story

wew

simplest answer seems to be American companies have a tendency to have friends hire their friends and so-on, West coast has tons of colleges that teach their students that shit, and from there, the rest is history.

I'm so glad I got my math education proper on the other side of iron curtain.

Common core math is just teaching shortcuts and relations earlier so people don't get choked up at calculus when suddenly they are told to treat math as abstract as opposed to a set of strict equations with no relation between them.
The only people I've seen get mad at it are those that never progressed into upper level math, since anyone who has understands the value in teach math in a more abstract form.
But don't let me get in the way of your tantrum.

This proves Holla Forums is full of retards.

I actually got lost at new math. It's just subtraction. Stop over complicating things. I pity these kids when they have to start algebra and making graphs. They wouldn't even probably survive calculus.

lmao this is gold
I'm rooting for 44528d

First genders and sexuality, now math.

What the fuck is this shit.
What the fuck is this shit?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!

Hello there Nintentoddler
Hows that WiiU exclusive Zelda game?

You have ten fingers, this is why learning base 10 is pretty easy. Have nogs fewer fingers?

(((REDDIT MEME)))
STOP USING OUTSIDE MEMES YOU FUCKING REDDIT FAGS

Fried Chicken is eaten by hand

haha get fucked next generation!

so are they trying to scare kids away from higher level math learning? Is that how they 'get more women into STEM' by making no one want to be an engineer or science major? Because this seems pretty fucked way to do things to those who are only just learning the basics.

I feel really bad for my nephew who is just starting to walk into this shit now, even worse for his mom who is gnna have to be helping him with this.

So you are telling me that making simple math problems more complicated somehow will help at later stages?

Most people already add in their head 8+5 as 8+2=10+3.
Its like telling a kid to count 103 units in multiples of 5, then when he gets to the 21st count tell him he just subtracts 2.
Kids do not work like that, unless you are right there they are going to look at that homework for an hour questioning themselves and the very being of this Universe.
Then they will take it to dad if they have one, and he will look in amazement the mind fuck brought before him, because he is also under the assumption that somehow, you can get 5 into 103.

Its not actually teaching anything its just unneeded complications dressed up as preparation.

Whenever I hear defenders of CC it reminds me of the F-35's, it usually "It just werks, trust me guys I vaguely know what I'm talking about"

I dunno I haven't played it yet

(((user)))

Nintendo never really had an act, after the GC it was more like throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks.

Always teach them the proper stuff beforehand.
Teach them reading and writing before they enter school. Teach them proper math, before they have to endure this shit.
Of course only kids with parents able to do that will get access to the proper knowledge. Guess what will happen to the poor ones without this help?

Wake up drones, Nintendo is shit since the N64

Nintendo is dead in the West.

why do you keep replying to off topic posts?

Nothing. They're still posting profits.

It is a little late for people to notice that Nintendo has always targeted casuals.

Well, now they do.

Well I know there's a whole autistic fanbase like My little pony but let's examine Pokémon.

It is a cartoon for ten year olds. Has been since 1996.

Oh right Pokémon is a sophisticated game for cultured people like myself.

das rite

they are better than the on topic posts

Through PC, the system that any old fuckwit can make a game on, and not have to worry about silly things like Quality Assasurance, or if the damn thing can even be considered a game at all. PS4 and Xbone aren't really consoles, they're just glorified Prebuilt PC's at this point.

Those crazy 50's and their traiditional family values.

forgot webm

Yeah, I mean, really. A CISgendered FUCKING WHITE MALE working at a factory, and earning umm, elubbunteen percent more than a STRONG WYMYN-SHUT UP MATH IS SEXIST, and the poor wymyn having to cook WITHOUT A MICROWAVE, AND NO PIZZA DELIVERY, while the chronologically-disadvantaged genderfluid younglings have to learn forced gender roles with the PAYTREONCHY's pedophobic "toys"? Yeah, right, what bullshit. I'd say you're pulling my leg, but that would be ableist and hurtful to the specially-abled.

I hurt my brain typing that bullshit.

not having Common Core is the one and only thing that makes me glad I'm a canadian. Every thing else sucks here, though.

Focusing on shit gimmicks instead of making decent games and systems will eventually cost you in the long run.

They deserve to go out of business for making Amiibos.

What the fuck is there not to understand about 'old math' (read: correct math)?

They are literally teaching "2 + 2 = 5". Holy crap this is terrible.

people are still infatuated with Wii, which was quite revolutionary and introduced plenty of good games. then WiiU took everything Wii was good at and threw it out the window, replacing it with Platinum memegames, butchered third party releases, failed franchise revivals and tablet gimmicks, suffocating what little potential the console has left and possibly leaving plenty of games hostage until they're confirmed for NX

ninturd has always been anti-consumer and censorship-happy, are you nintoddlers finally waking up to this fact?

Come on, dumbass. If you're going to mock Nintendo's name, at least be skillful with it. For instance, SHITENDO.

They stopped making good games to balance out the soccer mum bullshit, when exactly is up for debate but that's the simplest way of putting it.

So how long until my country, Straya, decides to copy the yanks on this shit as well?

Give them n\an abacus to play with instead of this horrible shit.