Games that could benefit from a different OST

Whilst the music in-game ranges from okay to great, it's really not up to par with MMX SNES in any way. It'd be pleasant if it had the same level of energy in its OST, or at least as memorable.

Are there any games you thought would benefit from different music?

Hmm.

I'd say the licensed music in Splatterhouse 2010 got grating at times.

I can only agree with you on the first Zero. Aside from a few standout tracks like X The Legend and Neo Arcadia it's pretty dull.

2-4 are god-tier though.

Anything on GBA could benefit from better fucking sound chip, or whatever produced sounds in those pieces of shit.
Nintendo didn't release good console since N64, I fucking hate it when some good game is tied to horrible hardware.

Do mainly mean Z1, but off the top of my head, I can't really remember most songs onward outside the main ones.

MMZ could have benefitted from being on a different platform. And being played from a different perspective.

Music's definitely not up to par with the general X soundtrack, though the pace picked up a great deal as soon as Z2 hit. I primarily remember the intro level for Z2, a few songs from Z3, and most of Z4's soundtrack, but there again Z4 is where the series really got great and even ended the series on a far more satisfying note than Z3 did.

This one, really. Dev laziness on some things (literally everything to do with Omega) and GBA restrictions on others (that giant-ass Omega form with the three heads) held the Zero series in general back quite a bit, I'd have loved to see it on a proper console to see what it could do with a customized X4-6 engine or even the X8 engine.

As someone who has played them all to completion, but isn't a gigantic Megaman fan I was also constantly asking myself why the game wasn't made to be played in third person. Linear third person platformers is fine. But it being 2D and on GBA it was impossible to make such a game I guess. That question is what I asked myself on the first time I fought the wind bot that is in most of the games and it kept haunting me. Especially with all the leap of faith jumping you had to do.

The original concept of Omega being a fucking speed demon sounds fun and frustrating. You'll never get an Elf wars game where everything's gone to shit.

Z2's opening level has the best theme in the series. The only thing I can remember from Z4 is the connection to MMX5, but been a while since played it.

I remember somebody bringing up that Metal Gear Rising elicited the same kind of frantic-paced don't-get-hit gameplay as MMZ and I've always thought a Zero-themed hack and slash could work wonders, especially since it'd really let them cut loose with bosses and especially let the four Guardians do some crazy shit.

But there again Zero as a series in general could definitely have used some more experimentation.

>>>/neogaf/

If Omega had been an absolute monster in battle I'd have absolutely adored the fight, and ZX's removal of between-move delay was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately it just exacerbated that Capcom doesn't really have any idea of where to begin with programming a player-like/Mega Man-like boss and it was another crippled version of X2's Zero, and ZX exacerbated that Omega is pretty dopey by giving him a self-heal.

Z4 had good tunes, finally got copied skills right by intrinsically tying elements to skills so they're useful instead of being able to chip charge-saber/buster your way to victory, buster charge-shot replacements with skills finally aren't fucking horrible, the Z-Knuckle letting you rip weaponry from your enemies' bodies and mechanisms was a fantastic idea and in the same stroke removed the shield/rod-of-the-week that few people used anyways. Also yeah, Zero 4 remembered the games aren't self-contained and brought up that Eurasia had an environmental system on-board, so wildlife and natural plants were returning to the Earth after Reploid wars and razes had pretty much sand-blasted the surface of the entire world. Weil was a far better, harder and more climactic boss than Omega to boot, especially considering Weil was still a very alive and very rogue element at the end of Z3 despite Inafune wanting to drop the series there.

Play Shinobi on the PS2. You might dig it.

The fact Omega was in ZX is still pretty cool to me, really only boss I remember, as well as his model making the game just Z5 in a way.

What? Does semi explain why it's the longest.

On note of Zero shit, did the Vile incident shit ever get translated? Was it any good?

Please faggot, you are still in time to re-learn how to say "I like and dislike things" instead of senselessly debating why things are good or bad. It's your personal shit taste.

I've been recommended that as kind of a PS2 Mega Man Zero, I'll definitely need to look into it now.

Omega showing up in ZX is cool for lore-reasons and his Biometal's fun as shit, I legitimately think they could get away with a Model O chosen one for ZX3 considering Model W is literally a Weil Biometal. Plus it'd be a fantastic opportunity to fix Omega's AI.

Off the top of my head Inafune wanted to finish the series at 3, yeah. The game's kind of a mess in the same ways X5 was a mess, which makes sense when Inafune wanted to end it at X5 to move onto Zero and X5 was itself a hackneyed, shitty mess that went for and failed at a climactic final battle.

Haven't heard anything about a Vile incident, is it something to do with those Jappo audio-dramas/supplementary books?

I couldn't play Tactics Ogre on the gba, cause damn the soundtrack was just grating.

Lore reasons? Thought was thrown in as a side fight for shits and giggles.
How the fuck could a kid with a biometal even fight Omega anyway.

Think so, yeah. Don't know much else about it outside the brief shit mention during past Mega Man threads.

Fuck you OP. MMZ games had great soundtracks

More or less Zero (or at least his original body)'s a giant-ass matter-energy and even data-matter converter, hence the goofy cyberspace area in X5 and Cyberspace in general for Z3. Omega's arena in ZX as well as Omega himself are Cyberspace reconstructions of where he had his fight with Zero, more or less a data ghost.

You clearly didn't play Battle Network

Battle Network actually had the X1/X2 musicians behind it off the top of my head

Personally, I loved the soundtrack.
What I will say is that the first thing most people did was mod out all the music in it, though.

Based on the art style and how the action in MvC2 is just totally over the top, I thought the jazzy music fit perfectly.

"Gonna take you for a ride"

And fuck you too, nigger.

This game's soundtrack is a load of licensed garbage. If only they had hired a good composer to create an original soundtrack… someone like the leader of Japan's most renowned jazz fusion band, perhaps…