So why do people hate anime games?

It's not like modern day western vidya and comics that turn an already established character into something they aren't and then say "We aren't taking your toys away neckbeards"

They've always been around and they aren't fucking up anyone elses games, so whats the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time..._Space
lawblog.legalmatch.com/2010/04/27/vomiting-on-a-person-is-assault-and-you-don’t-have-to-take-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean its like people going out of their way to complain about those millions of point and click adventure puzzle games. But I never hear about that because no one gives a fuck. They are off doing their own thing not bothering anyone else.

Then why many but Dragon Ball and Naruto games? The problem is with cheap games also butthurt westerners because of japanese doesn't follow their cultural norms. Anime games have young and beautiful girls which is anti faggotry anti feminism therefore anti-west. Western boys are homosexuals who are interested in 40 years olds that look like men. First thing when a game announced and there is a girl character they go and question it's age like it's some important detail which is complex built to these people from young age as boogeyman. I myself like good anime games like Gundam Versus. There is also the cero holding back japanese games from having violence and dark themes.

Are you Japanese, perchance?

divide and conquer tactics maybe? lots of people go out of their way to fabricate arguments within groups for fun, or because said groups are (((problematic)))

Otherwise there's reasons like casual anime fans being extremely obnoxious or people that started playing games with Halo and GTA and think everything has to be gritty and tough and get offended seeing anything that's outside their tiny comfort zones.

heh

many western illustrators consider anime art to be lazy and formulaic
I typically like to show them an image of the many styles that aren't moe

Because they are usually weaboo shit.
I like anime and I'm saying that.
It's usually crap games with shit-tier waifus/lolis, made for really sad, pathetic people.
There are exception, of course.

It's sad but things are only going to get worse as time goes on. I haven't seen an anime past 2008 that got to me on anything beyond a "oh that's cool" level whatsoever.
Hell, you don't even have to look far to see how shit the industry is. Look at Evangelion, a show famous for its complex writing, has been dumbed down into generic shit in the Rebuilds. Mari, I can say with one hundred percent certainty, represents everything I hate about Anime.
The most recent somewhat-deep Anime I've watched is Ergo Proxy and that's a poor mans Lain.

I don't hate "anime games" per se (I was a huge anime freak in the late 90's and early 00's, watching anime from those years as well as 80's animes), but I must admit that I really hate how "mainstream anime" has developed into in the last decade, so any game that might follow such style is a big turn-off for me.

I don't see the relation being a man and playing video games. It's just a hobby to waste time and playing some kind of games won't make you a man. I play Senran games and many ecchi games so I don't think of myself as manly man or anything like that. If you think playing some type of video games makes you manly then I will leave the manliness for you. Moe is artstyle and don't think it can ruin a game. I mean I would take moe over any western developed game. There are no good artists in the west anymore. They can't design a character cloths and only make generic historic armor, modern western clothes or shitty body-suit. Video games are mostly dead and pandering to the mass to sell as much as possible while creativity is dead.

Last I checked people only really objected to Anime games when it involves Idols. Aside from that maybe the fighting game community and it's split between the Street fighter/Mortal Kombat groups and the anime air dashers.

That being said this thread is poor bait for a thread.

damn she thicc

you should probably keep practicing your english if that's what you thought my post meant

when is the 'anime only sucks now' meme going to end?

Every time I see pics like that I can't help but notice the nose move further away from the center of the face and become smaller. It's jarring and I can't tell what the nose is supposed to look like anymore.

When is this "video games only suck now" meme going to end?

good one, call me when the SJWs infect anime and we'll talk.
you shouldn't have to wait long at this rate

Here's an opinion that can't cause any shitposting:

Games of licensed series are shit. Period. Generally nothing but shallow familiar faces and shallow fanservice that just baits fans into feeding that tripe cash slapped onto an otherwise mediocre game that wouldn't even be acknowledged without a big name backing it. Anime has plenty of shittastic vidya adaptations as well.

Before any dumbass accuses me of shillingly hating tits and ass for criticizing fanservice along with using the word shallow in particular and to top it off making it apart of a post about anime games, let me say that the kind of fanservice I'm talking about is shit like recent arena fighters that focus on being a x game first and a video game second. You can play as all your favorite mainstream and niche Shonen Jump protagonists? Who cares that the game is a lazy ass flashy rehash of Ninja Storm?

Nigger have you even watched an Anime that wasn't fucking Lucky Star or Umaru?

You aren't wrong. Bamco for example makes a lot of licensed shit games. Fanservice games are mostly handled by small companies and I can't ask them for much. Sadly there is no big budget fanservice games. I just would like to see how beautiful a big budget fanservice game from SE with their powerful modeling will look like.

Depends on who you ask it to.

Some don't like it because its too cute looking & not serious enough
Some don't like it because most of the library consists of famous series such as One Piece instead of something original
Some don't like it because they're afraid of being labeled as 'That weirdo who plays girl-looking games' from their peers or the kike media
Some don't like it because it serves as an alternative for those who are fed up with what the west brings out
Some don't like it because 'Unrealistic standards'

lel

This thread isn't going to be about video games at all. Not even a little bit.

You forgot the part where they make shit games and sell them on name alone to dumbass fans.

I would hope nobody disagrees because this is 100% true.

I like Kamen Rider but all of the games we get are shitty fighting games or lackluster musou games. Zatch Bell got some fighting games but each of them are hampered by mechanics that weren't properly tested and cutscene super moves. Something I hate in fighting games in general, and is made all the more frustrating when you get tagged by your opponents super and can't react back even though you have your own meter to spend.

I would kill for a well made licensed game of a franchise I like.

I feel you. It all somewhat blands together and moe-stuff seems to be front and centre nowadays. Have you seen Ping-Pong per chance? It isn't particularly deep, but it was supremely well written, directed and had a unique artstyle.

That's hardly a revolutionary stance to take. For every Gundam Versus you get 10 Naruto trash games and for every Spiderman 2 you get 10 below average Spiderman games.

It's brand recognition. Most people don't care about quality they just want 'more' of the particular thing they enjoy/grew up with.

Shoulda said 50, not 10.

As bad as Naruto became in the second half, it can't be denied CC2's presentation is fucking stunning.

I really wish they didn't go from the original Ultimate Ninja to something as shallow and dumbed down when the series branded off into Storm and effectively killed the original. Those games were both great at bringing the series to life as well as being pretty fun with diverse stages with different elevation or even things to interact with along with customizable attacks in later entries. Storm seems like the fucking poster child of all style and no substance. And it fucking hurts that this might be considered the standard for future arena fighters. Gods, please no.

You have goons that like older anime but hate anything moe because it, along with many other things, ties in with their extreme self loathing about being loser nerds. They have found a way to simultaneously admit publicly to liking Cardcaptor Sakura, and hate anyone that likes Madoka. Desperate to be taken seriously, and also itching for any ammunition they can use on the "manchildren" that they think are tarnishing their reputation.

You have SJWs whose modus operandi seems to be along the lines that "you're only allowed to like anime that straight women and fags like." If women like it (like Kill la Kill), you can watch it no matter how sexualized. If they don't, you aren't allowed to like it, UNLESS you're a dyke in which case you can literally post pictures of your lolicon doujins on twitter and people will applaud you for it and absolutely not try to get you fired from your job in the game industry. Ditto for the homos; loli would get you nuked from tumblr and ostracized from any tumblrina community, but drawing little boys from cartoons that children are likely to look up getting fucked in the ass is perfectly acceptable. It's the only way not to be bigoted.

Then you have normalfags that just think you're a faggot for liking girly shit.

because they are tasteless idiots.

vague stereotype based off only a handful of series that retards use to dismiss an entire medium

I would agree with you except for one minor issue that completely negates everything you said: when neo Holla Forums says something is an "anime game", they're talking about any game with stylized, non-photorealistic graphic design, not just licensed games. Games like Phantasy Star Online 2, Lunar, or Senran are regularly called anime games, and none of those games is a licensed game based on a preexisting IP.
In the end, it really just boils down to the fact that people hate what they're not used to, and all the CoD kiddies wandering in here lately are coming face to face with games that use a graphic style they've never seen before, is alien to them, and thus "stupid." Yes, licensed games based on anime series are universally garbage cash grabs, but let's not kid ourselves and think that's really what people mean when they say "anime game."

Digimon started out as virtual pets and then became an anime.

Couldn't a decent amount of the games be considered good licensed adaptations? Then again, it might be cheating in a way considering it's literally about monster raising, which Pokemon has shown is the easiest to make into an RPG.

which western illustrators?

I still think that stigma can also be attributed to their bad experiences with licensed games to begin with.

Digimon started out as tamagachis. Very simple and very samey.

Go play Digimon world and talk to me about good adaptations.

Also, there was an actual adaptation of an anime called Super Sonico in the OP.

So you only hate it if its anime based not anime themed?

I mean this is "anime styled" is this trashed on because weeaboo?

It seems the younger people are the more impressed they are with graphical photorealistic quality over gameplay.

So if they see something that doesn't look like that it must be autotrash.

No, I just expect the worst of pretty much anything that didn't start out as a video game and is being adapted into one when there's already disappointing games of those genres getting released all the time and they probably already know the brand recognition alone will net sales from anyone that doesn't know shit about milking.

well i'm really asking about the people that come into any thread to say weeb is trash, are they just trolling or do they have an actual complaint?

Why not both?

[a bunch of misogynnist filth] have you watched more than a dozen anime from before 2000?
it's almost kind of like the increasing accessibility of anime made the constant stream of garbage more visible to small minded idiots…
Nah, it's just modern anime, time to masturbate to images of anno whining about stuff he doesn't understand again.

I enjoyed Prince of Tennis

Are you this faggot >>>/a/554893?

That's true, but think about what you're saying. You'd rightfully call me an idiot if I dismissed all western games because of Superman 64. That logic should hold for Japanese games, too, but it doesn't here.

This post proves my point wonderfully. Sonico has been Nitroplus' mascot character since long before that shitty anime, but who cares about that when you can instantly dismiss it based on the art style?

A great example of this is that recent JRPG recommendation thread. I recommended 7th Dragon 2020. It's a game where the last remnants of humanity has to fight off an invasion of dragons from another dimension. Parts of the game include an old woman walking into a pool of acid out of despair and trying to stop a suicide cult that worships the dragons as cleansers of an impure world. The OP dismissed it immediately based on its art style, calling it something like "Jap idol JPOP shit."

You are talking as if this hasn't happened to all media on all platforms.

Movies
TV shows
Comics
Videogames
Anime
Books

Give me an example of a media that hasn't been corporatized and dumbed down for mindless digestion.

That Gunbuster-esque style gets me hard like you would not believe.

Because the art direction of anime looks extraordinarily silly, cringeworthy, and sometimes even feminine. Some people, including me, are disgusted by that. We see the appeal, large expressive eyes and simplified facial figure are cute, but we don't like it. Normally, only girls are into that kinda stuff. Shonens don't look much less silly, I still prefer realistic looking people drawn with proper loomis technique.

But I'm explicitly talking about eastern licensed games same as Superman 64 is an example of western licensed games being shit. I said about nothing about "anime style". It's just as cartoony as we used to make our games.

get a load of this niwaka

if you actually read my posts you would realise I was saying anime has always been moeshit. Complaining about it is moot and only genuine retards who have never read a piece of decent literature in their life think that all anime needs to be great series and that previously all anime were great series due to a couple of shows that present a reasonably interesting, but otherwise still comparatively shallow, narrative.
In short, my argument is that the pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black just because it's actually a dark shade of blue if you look closely under the right lighting.

So you agree with me then? Problem solved I guess.

This guy also actually answers op's question, instead of getting distracted by tangents like us.

aren't you overgeneralizing?

It's like saying Rambo never existed because Sex in the City exists.

yet another "my cherrypicked shows from my childhood are better than 90% of garbage released nowadays" thread

And the point I'm trying to make is that you're probably the only person on this site who says "anime game" referring specifically to the shitty, licensed games. The rest of the people who use that term are talking about the art style and don't give two shits if they're talking about something like Xenogears or licensed trash. Just look at the post right above yours to see proof of this.

You're fucking with me, user

I remember when anime had just started getting popular in the west in 1994. They basically had the pick of the best of the best series for the last 20-30 years to choose from.

Nowadays you can see every show almost simulcast when it came out, so now, anime is just like regular TV, there are shit shows and there are good shows.

Anime was always mostly crap, just like every other medium in modern times. You only think things were better because you forgot all of the formulaic garbage, or were never aware of it before digisubs and broadband democratized access for westerners.
The only exception in my mind is the 80's OVA era, where Japan's bubble economy allowed niche animators to fund lavish productions with no chance of turning a profit. And even then, the goons and SJWs hated this era because of the ultraviolence and sexuality it brought to the table (in other words, they're pussies)
You want real quality, ditch anime, start reading manga, and stop being a bottom-feeding retard that complains about the quality of cartoons intended for 12 year olds. There are more interesting and ambitious manga being published today than any time in history.

Disgread, I suck cocks.

I really don't get with this is so hard for some people to understand

Can you people try actually reading my post? Why does everyone keep taking me literally when I'm sarcastically imitating the guy I'm replying too.

Like I said, even shonen shits look silly to me. For illustrated figures, realistic face still looks manlier.

very true, and thats enough to be thankful for
but the words niche appeal come to mind as to why many may not like it
and on a personal note the tropes that tend to go with anime and their games are just too much for me to handle 9 times out of 10
I'm sure its just cultural bias on my part, but I'd rather be sort of bored with a 30-40 something Gruff McMilitary fighting off aliens, zombies, and terrorists, with a new woman hanging off his dick every 3 seconds, than rolling my eyes/cringing at some 19 year old twink going toe to toe with the busty personifications of the moons of Jupiter or some shit
I know there are exceptions, and I'd probably enjoy those, but that's not usually the case is all I'm saying

Sarcasm will never be properly conveyed by text alone, many things can be derived from how a person reads and writes but sarcasm is not one of them.

It sounds retarded when you consider that them making their games look more "like anime" is fundamentally no different than how we made games in previous years that had more cartoony aesthetics.

The only argument I can think of is that "cool" or cute characters look entirely like the marketing value at times.

Here we go again. You cant fool anybody but yourself, newfag. You hatin because it was memed into a quite recent trend for (((k00l k1dz))) who arent into this silly stuff ((for girls)). At first it was just shitposting, but repeating this many times attracted real retards like you, whos unable to form any opinion by themselves so they use whatever they think is in fashion.

Want to know how I know that? Simple: Anime doesn't stand for some specific style or age group. You can replace 'anime' with cartoons, theatre or movies in your rant and see how retarded you are.

Why are you mad at me because you mis-read what I wrote?
I'm seriously on the verge of posting one of those images with the anime girls that have question marks floating around them.

I thought it was pretty damn explicit, like, English cannot be the first language of these people if it's seriously still vague after stuff like
Which was mostly a crack at b3d082 writing:
Plus, my whole argument was outlined right in
What room for mis-interpretation is there in that? Did I need to explicit say:
>'T.L. Note: Garbage = what you keep ignorantly referring to as moeshit as if it were only a recent phenomenon and incidentally implying that all cute or otherwise simplistic but enjoyable series are garbage that are ruining this warped fantasy you hold of an entire artistic medium such that it should meet whatever unrealistic demands exist only in your head and the heads of other similarly inclined ignoramuses.'
Would that help stop the confusion? or am I still being too vague here…

you're spouting bullshit. tell me, what exactly is unrealistic about those images, mr art expert

Nice cuckypasta, torcuck.

No cheekbones, deformed nose, eyes too sharp, inaccurate lips, shitty hair.

I'm serious, you sound like you have autism.

I watch anime and read manga on a daily basis and I'm the kind of person who has folders filled with cute anime girl pictures, but these kind of anime games are trash for the same reason why most moetype anime are trash.

They don't have any merit in terms of gameplay or graphic, they are just mindless trash meant to pander to your penis.
And if you are okay with that kind of stuff then it would be hypocrisy to hate games which have no merit other than a poorly written lesbian story pandering to SJW, like Gone Home

Well since I'm agreeing with literally everything you've said (aside from that manga is exceptionally superior as opposed to just comparatively so) I wonder what that says about your mental state…

Hold on,
>I really don't get with why this is so hard for some people to understand.
okay that was a pretty damn big typo, I have to to apologize for that. However, has that helped clear things up?

see

The question isn't 'Why do people hate shovelware games?' it's 'Why do people hate anime games on the singular basis that they are anime games?'
You might as well generalize and say that every video game ever released is of the same quality as Madagascar™: The Movie: The Game 2

Note: I'm defining "anime game" as something you'd see as a Vita exclusive with very little localization efforts and a CERO C or higher rating. So pic unrelated.

Take a look at Hyperdimension. That series copy-pastes dungeon designs multiple times. I don't personally mind too much, because the heart of the content is elsewhere. Which brings me to my next point:
Despite the previous example, the game still has "Overwhelmingly Positive" on Steam. Fans hold less-than-perfect games in highest regard, and passers-by are given free pass to make hasty comparisons.
Don't get me wrong, I welcome cute, but theorize how Senran became "Titty Ninjas". When I get a bath CG scene, It's enjoyed, but I lose some immersion and the thought enters the back of my mind: "I'm being marketed to". It feels like the devs are exploiting me and my demographic's lechery. Add sex to any medium and it loses respect among western audiences, called "shallow" like a porn flick, like smut is the only reason it's selling.

Nah, people are just sperging, like every time the quality of modern anime is called into question. What this entire argument comes down to in the first place is a huge difference in taste. Beginning with the general artstyle and ending with the subject matter.

Here's the crux of the issue in my eyes, shit like Legend of the Galactic Heroes will never happen again in the form that it did, much in the same vain that a movie like Once Upon a Time in the West will never happen again.

The entire style of anime/film making has changed as did the cultural feel at the time. Anime from the 80s specifically is interesting to me, because it exudes an air of importance and invincibility. The people gave no shit, they had more money than they could ever need and wasted it on the most creative shit they could come up with. The same with movies.

Shit like Scarface and Blade Runner, shit like Gunbuster and MSG 0083 are some of the pinnacles of their respective time and medium (curiously Gunbuster is tapping into that now hated moe field). And their feel will never be recreated. That's why people lash out at new shit. because it's lost and it will never come back again.

And you know what? Modern anime fans are the biggest fucking spergs. While everyone can agree with this sentiment it suddenly becomes a massive slight when it comes to anime exclusively. If I say modern movies are shit there'll be no one to viciosuly defend the few independent works that still deliver. If I say the same about anime I have fifteen anons posting smug because they have to defend their precious moe anime. If you enjoy the modern shit that's fine, but don't imply that it's something remarkable in any measure. Like this guy I enjoy a bunch of shitty stuff too, you have to put shit in perspective though.

He's also 100% right on the hypocrisy.

If you don't explain something well enough, you're retarded. If you explain something too clearly and in too much detail, you're austistic and trying too hard. Vidya discussion at its best.

Legend of Gay Homos is an adaptation of a novel.

If there's any reason I'd be likely to go out of my way to defend modern anime it's because when people don't like modern anime they say 'moeshit' and end their elocution with that instead of actually bringing up real arguments like you've used, especially about the cultural affect of the bubble at the time. Ignorance about a topic that you're invested in emotionally is something that you want to correct or at least help give a broader perspective to whoever holds the view. Hopefully teaching people to appreciate things as they are instead of obsessively clinging to a 'side' in an argument over some arbitrary classification. I'm sure that if you were in the presence of people who hold more than a passing interest in film or perhaps on a board where movies were an integral part of discussion, you would see people defending the ignorant view that all modern movies are shit, just in the same way that's it's obnoxious and ignorant to say that modern movies are better than that stupid old shit.

To defend him though, you probably won't ever see an adaptation of a novel exist as a 110 episode OVA. With the most recent adaptation of logh being a literally gay posing-in-swimsuits gatcha mobagame (I'm not even joking about that). The stylistic and cultural changes are one thing to argue, but insisting that moeshit is a new phenomenon and is the sole cause for why anime is bad now, is stupid.

Wouldn't you say theres more defending the ignorant view that all comic books are capeshit?

Maybe? I was responding specifically to:
So sliding into an argument about comic books would probably be more than a slight tangent. It's probably a reasonable point to make though.

I'm well aware of that, but like the other user pointed out, a 110 episode OVA series with some surprisingly good animation here and there wouldn't be feasible in the current climate. Probably never will be, it'd never make the investment back.

I admit that I have trouble to keep level headed when it comes to arguments like this. I initially wanted to make a more neutral statement but got caught in my usual ramblings and subjective feelings on the matter. And like I said, I don't mind people enjoying it. I don't hate people for playing CoD/Skyrim and I don't hate people for enjoying Lucky Star, everone needs R&R and how they go about it is their business. Hell, I indulge myself in Dynasty Warriors or the Senran games from time to time. I know that everything has it's place, no matter how vapid it is.

I've tried in the past to at least get aquainted with some moe shows, but it didn't click. Lucky Star, K-On, Yuru Yuri, the closest I came to enjoying one was Nichijou and that's mostly down to the absurdist humour. Fuck man, it's past 4am and I don't even know here I'm trying to go with this.

Let me just assume this, anime in the sense of japanese animation is an incredibly small field compared to movie making. It's also expensive as all fuck, you can't just take your cam-corder inna woods and start filming. That's why there is a trend to invest into safer projects, something to milk via various merch. This wasn't any different back when they tried to sell robot toys or some other shit, but the clientele changed. LN and manga adaptions are all the rage, creativity is stifled (I'm well aware that this leads back into 'but you enjoy LotGH!' but I can't defend that so just accept my hypocritical ass), harems are fucking everywhere and tropes are laid on so thicc(TM) that you can at a glance deduct which of the girlks is the shy and cooky one and which one the psychopath. Chalk it up to fantastic visual design, I call it laziness. Almost pronographic attention to mechanical detail has basically died (last one that comes to mind was Redline) and war has become another set piece to push girls (see Kantaai or Girls und Panzer).

Fuck me, man. I have no argument. I like Dirty Pair. Have a nice day, at least you're a civil dude.

get this obnoxious little prick outta here

Because they come from reddit and/or other normalfag boards.

That's the exact reason why I generally do not like anime games. Thanks for posting that.

Yeah I have no problem with people having a different opinion to me, and I won't deny that I can enjoy things on the basis that they're cute and simplistic alone, especially stuff like hidamari sketch, gochiusa and yuruyuri, but I also like a lot of anime that deal with actual narratives and have a level of technical detail that goes beyond just the bare minimum for portraying a scene. What's important is that, while the social and economic climate can no longer support such lavish productions, blaming it solely on the existence of 'cute', 'moe' or whatever term you want to use to refer to matter that has no evidence of actual narrative or genuine conflict, purely because it's so much dramatically easier to expose yourself to such matter recently, is folly. So I think it's reasonable to try and explain to other people, who care about the same medium that I do, that their anger is misguided, and that they could learn to appreciate the larger picture.
In short, any incited reaction I might have stems from seeing ignorance, not from just people having different opinions.

It's annoying, but better than most other loadin screens. At least it's memorable

Because they're all extremely similar?
I mean I would love if anime games weren't just glorified vns or erotica stuff, but the vast majority of them are

but moe does suck

Because they are hate filled beings and when they come into contact with loving animu they start to fear the love and thus increase their hate. PS most anime games are kusoge but I don't hate them.

For me there's three degrees of Japanese games: Japanese, Anime, and Weeb.

Pretty good categorizing user. I can understand if someone dislikes weeb games since they're usually low on gameplay, but hating anime games purely based on the aesthetics is a shame since the person might've actually enjoyed it.

i don't even like anime but the people who get buttmad by weebs are all newfags without exception

For the same reason people hate "weebshit" in general. They hate the people that enjoy it, so there is no way something that a "weaboo" enjoys could ever be anything other than shit.
If a weeb told them they liked their favorite movie, that movie would be now worse in their eyes.
Its fucking mental.

Does that even happen in modern games?

only the most faggy people do that.

regular normalfags just think they're weird

While I'm still not keen on relying on categorization, this is really pretty reasonable. Although I'd prefer to use something more global like 'game' and 'shovelware', it is worth noting that there is a different kind of a nuance to what you'd use 'weeb games' to refer to than if i just said something like 'shovelware games that happen to look like anime'.

Newfags and insecure goons here to do zoes work for her.

Cheap appeal by spamming cute girls. Moe shat up anime for me in the same way, even shit like Love Hina handled the fanservice better than most anime nowadays and Love Hina was all fan service. now I can't not stop seeing cute anime girl shit and seeing people buy it solely for it's cute anime girl shit appeal, and that shit's cheap, like putting minorities where they don't belong cheap. I like Sonico though but I know she's cheap shit and her innate appeal is pants deep at it's absolute best.

Also weebs are insuferable, they are a single step above Furries and MLP.

This is bullshit though, because on chans, it becomes very easy to tell if you've been here long enough, that is, and 4cuck doesn't count

hooked me good.

This.

:^)

nice no-argument buttsplosion, little autist
good to be right :^)

I find that "weebs" (most of them are not really wapanese) are the most lighthearted and flexible people around.They generally play and watch anything, both western and japanese stuff. And got a more open sense of humour. Meanwhile I find the adamant and vocal anti-japanese crowd to be incredibly boring as they seem to only like 2-4 things in their life, and can't enjoy anything unless it has gore and blood in it. Overall, they're very uninteresting people.

It's because they suck.

I do not hate anime games, anime as an art style for games is something i welcome.
But i do mind people talking about anime shows, like egaygelion or kill la shit, what i mean by this is simple: Fuck anime, but keep making games with anime tiddies and anime lolis.

That's because point and click games aren't marketed toward permavirgins you fucking faggot

So weebs are so desperate they'll take literally anything? Not surprised

this user gets it

I don't really hate them, I just can't find myself liking the artstyle and not wishing that the game had a different artstyle.

Its mostly because of lack of game content hidden behind moe and waifufaggotry.
I still enjoy them though, at least they dont pretend they're anything else unlike AAA trash.

I do agree with many people here though, moe and otaku pandering has ruined most of anime.
That shit used to be second to an actual show but now we have a shitton of shows that only revolve around it while shit like Nichijou and Space Patrol Luluco crash and Space Patrol Luluco burn sales wise.

Man, you are boring.

Theatre?

The original & true mark of the normalfag. Nothing gives away that you don't belong here like saying that.

More than half of the people on this board like that eastern shit over our western garbage.

Someones feeling optimistic.

Although opera seems to be going strong. I'd wager it's hard to get into that field if you can't sing for shit. That might just work with regular music (modern technology and all that), but if you're on stage and can bearly keep a tone you'd probably get the boot.

You go girl :^)

i want pochaco to destroy my pelvis

Hey, I was going to say poetry. Then I remembered that slam poetry exists.

Pochaco is clearly overweight though

Weebs honestly have no self awareness.

I haven't an idea how anyone watches the shit they call anime now a days and says "Yeah these are believable characters, in a fleshed out world, with great plot" its always "HOE SAN IS SO CUTE A CUTE!"

You see it now in Western games like Overwatch, just shitposting about husbandos and waifus.

why are you listening to these healthcare bigots?

What you say is true, but you're a faggot if you think people play/watch this garbage for belieavable characters

Nigger, come on now

Good characters?
The first Waifu's weren't some Semen Demons but actual female characters you encountered and were well written to the point your virgin self adopts them as a waifu.

Now waifu fags have up their faggotry.

Discussing purity of waifus but in reality they are talking about a copy paste personality they only like for eye color and hair color and T/A size.

Also is that fuckable?

I find that "weebs" are the most obnoxious, annoying, cringeworthy and cancerous people to be around. Meanwhile I find the adamant and vocal anti-japanese crowd to be incredibly boring as they seem to only like 2-4 things in their life, and can't enjoy anything unless it has gore and blood in it. Overall, they're very uninteresting people.

I would still prefer the latter to the former if I had to choose between these groups as companions

I think a lot of anti-weeb posters are weebs that aren't fucking retarded.

I was a weeb in highschool as most kids my age were at the time, but back then there were plenty of good anime to choose from.
Now I see fucking Weebs on Steam and they are always complete meme lords, with bloated self image and the most horrendous shit taste in anime.

Like the one with Cthulhu and cute grills.
I watched an episode and turned it off once they got to the part where Nylarthothep is saying she is an Alien and works with her species a species of Nylarthothepians on a Earth Defense League to protect against evil aliens.

Might as well not be about Lovecraft at all, might as well be just another generic alien girl shit and let someone who is actually willing to take risks breaking away from the mold to make moe shit that actually involves a Cosmic Horror focused on reawakening the Old Ones instead of some watered down, stupid shit.

So incredibly frustrating.

The answer is always normalfags OP.

Like I said
You're not wrong, especially about the cutout personalities.
But most weeaboos dont admit that they are believable characters.

You can hotglue, shove it up your ass or both.
So I guess?

Even Moe shit back in the day was better Azumanga Diaoh has solid Waifus, especially compared to the shit ones you faggots watch.

but that doesn't explain why he's just the head

I hate generic "anime" art styles with a burning passion, and never want to see them again in my life.

How much time do you think was spent loading that little segment that could have been saved by having a black screen with "now loading" on the bottom right?

back then good games were plentyful, nowadays you have to scrap the very bottom of barrel to get to the stuff like rabi ribi or edf

So you are saying there has never been a period in time when a medium was completely fucked?
Everything has always been a mix of good and bad, there has never been a time when a style or genre is almost worshiped to the point where quality isn't an issue only quantity?

now, if manga translators picked up the etiquette of anime releases instead of creating constant dramas that would be ideal

I'm sure

There's a difference between a comedy with girls in it, and moeshit. Azumanga actually has a focus on short gags and situations, since it's an actual comedy series. Generally, if it's based off a 4koma series, it's way more likely to have a much larger appeal than just cute girls doing cute things.

Also, the more insufferable they'd actually be to hang out with, the better it tends to be for comedy, but the worse for the moe-market. People who complain that Tomo is irritating miss the part where characters like this are necessary to set up a large amount of the comedy. Someone has to act the fool.

yuru yuri is a show with two excellent seasons that I'm sure a lot of stupid faggots here would dismiss because where's muh manly girls and men

Thats because it has more detail and it closer to a human than the usual moeblobs.

three

there's only like a dozen moe shows, there's many shows in that gunbuster style as you describe it

san hai was an abortion that was handed off to a team that had no idea what they were doing, and completely missed the point of the series clever subversion of sol stereotypes and humor

People hate anime games because instead of the anime artstyle bringing us games like Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Catherine, etc. It now brings us nothing but cut/paste waifufag pandering garbage like Nep-Nep, the Akiba's series, Fairy Fencer series and Fate series.
All these series that look the same, in some cases play the same, and are all written with a 6th grade writing proficiency designed only to be just entertaining enough to keep stupid weebs playing long enough to want to buy the PVCs.
People don't like anime games because the stories and characters they're trying to sell you on have the depth of a $10 kiddy pool from Target. Sure you get lucky on ocassion with an anime game like Catherine or SMT IV. But outside of that you've got a bunch of bullshit that's only really good if you're looking for "fun" gameplay or a new series to type into that search bar when you're seeking out new doujins.

If they're going to reuse the model in the actual game, then not very much.

if you think this is true that is your own problem and have long since lost the plot

Ok, then show them to me EminemVEVO
Havent see anything with that style in years

lmao i posted one, you probably think its some 90s anime

he's spot on with the anime issue. What is he wrong about?

Oh, please go on. Please educate me about how Fairy Fencer or fucking Nep-Nep have terrific writing that'll be looked back on fondly as a testament to excellence in video game storytelling 10 years from now.

who cares about story telling in video g a m e s

Because they are shit and their fan-boys are mouth breathing slaves who give all their money to lazy nips.

Neptunia nd Dynasty warriors is a perfect example.

Oh jeeze user, can you not think of a single classic videogame that has incredible storytelling, not a single one?

Who cares about gameplay when you have W A I F U S

Really I don't hate anime games, since JRPGs make up most of my childhood. But I wish we'd get more crazy settings out of it. Legend of Mana was chock full of what made fantasy settings great and I just haven't seem more of the same come out recently. This goes for western games as well, as everything is the usual generic fantasy tropes over and over and over.

I just want to explore a dungeon or some ruins with a group of weirdos that decided to follow me on my adventure. Like a fucking ancient golem, a minotaur, and a priestess from a mountain village or something. I want to solve puzzles and avoid traps while nice music plays and I am somewhat distracted by how cool everything looks. Is that so much to ask? Can't an user have an adventure in the Current Year?

Go be a nigger elsewhere.

what's the popular one, planet escape tournament? Plant scone torrent? Yes a game regularly lambasted for its god awful, shit game play even among its genre which is famous for having garbage tabletop gameplay is often praised for muh story.

I care very much about game play, I mostly play japanese games after all!

those games are still being made

Most gamers since the early 90s. I know you don't socialize much because you're too busy jerking off to your newest 1/3 scale Nep-Nep figure but storytelling is important. Especially when you're gonna have a ton of cutscenes and dialogue like most trashy anime games have.

So many of them are low effort trash that only sells off of cuteness/sex appeal. Galgun, fucking please.

If you feel exploited by 3d why would you not feel exploited by a 2d marionette controlled by a yellow jew?

never got into neptunia, been playing a lot of saturn tho. too much moe trash for you however, maybe you'd prefer to have the character designs look like shaven potatoes.

Anyway, if you care so much about story and so little about game play, perhaps you should reconsider where you spend your time?

jesus christ user you are straight out of /r/gaming

Ok, you just posted one from 4 years ago.
Anything else?

You must be some of faggot or something.

Nigger get out, unless its more obscure shit like EDF you're most of the times shit out of luck.

That goes for any region nowadays.

Talk about 'Murrica.

The rest of the world has been watching anime consistently since at least the 70's.

The fact that you say Torment and not Myst, Mother, Legacy of Kaine or any of other numerous example makes me think you are too young to actually of lived in the 90s.

>>>/reddit/

ahahaha oh god he thinks thats obscure

you're a bit of a lost cause, you might want to do a bit more lurking a bit less talking

I've been playing a series of games about a cute witch girl who wants to find tasty candy and goes through hordes of bad guys and monsters to get it, now that's a fun story. sorry there's not enough feels for you, perhaps you'd prefer it if games all had stories like the walking dead

What the hell that's not an anime, that's some old Polish show I watched as a kid that nobody else did you joker.
Holy fuck.

finn family moomin troll is also a top notch anime

Fuck off, faggots. My point is valid and you fucking know it. If your game is going to have as much dialogue and cutscenes as an the average modern Xseed game, then do it right god damn it.
If most gamers didn't care about storytelling arena shooters, fighting games and platformers would still be top dog, but they aren't. And if it really didn't matter, you wouldn't see a thread popping about a game's story is shit on this board every time a new game comes out.
Kill yourselves so you can at least be useful as compost.

Yuro, can confirm. My father used to watch Hokuto no Ken and Tigerman.

This
My dad was born in the 60s in italy and he spent his childhood watching Mazinger and Steel Jeeg

Yeah but I wish there were more.

I bet its filled with shallow mechanics, QTE's and poorly translated slap stick referencing something you probably don't fully understand.

Thanks for proving my point.

why would there be qte's in a shmup? You're actively illustrating that you don't know shit about video games. Someone to avoid at all costs considering you don't know how to shut up and learn

there are plenty, I think you need to be on the look out for more.

Haha again the more you post the more weight my argument gains.

Wait, did you just call EDF a shmup? Are you some kind of fucking primate?

it's a pretty popular one, I imagine the description alone and my aforementioned preference of the saturn should have been enough information. Try to keep up son

see above

I was blown away when I found out that Heidi was an anime. Shit was a big part of my childhood.

What the fuck man.

just stop user
nobody knowing it's you next thread isn't a reason to make yourself the biggest faggot possible

Here, have some obscure shit you hipster
Im sure that knowing about all tjose games trough Comiket is very hard.

No

But wait, there's more!

how hurt were you by my comments? Story telling still isn't important in video games.

following comiket is the easy part!

Playing anime games with cute girls like Neptunia makes me want to die.
I don't know why, but that's why I don't like them, at the very least.

user, he may be a complete and total faggot, but storytelling isn't important in video games.
In a good game, story provides context, not content.

Without a story 95% of the most remembered and ground breaking games would not even exist

who needs more context than I want this candy and it's behind these hordes of bad guys and bosses? A faggot, that's who. A tasteless plebe who grew up on shit like the walking dead and who thinks the mother/earthbound games are good

Wew buddy time to stop posting.

Look at this rabid weeb.

few games are improved by story telling son. Do you also praise half-life 2 for its great story and unskippable cutscenes that aren't actual cutscenes but totally are?

That is a fucking 10/10 premise. I'd play a game like that.

You're fucking with me.

Hold on, does that mean

No wonder I always had weeaboo tendencies when I grew up with all that shit. Well at least Afred Kwak wasn't

Motherfucker!

if it was gud at least

check out Cotton! They're all great games, and they have amazing music too. I suggest Cotton 2 and Boomerang on the Saturn, they will blow your mind.

Wew look at this strawman, the other user didn't even say cutscenes are bad, just that most Weeb games fuck it up.

If you actually played videogames and not just Weeb games maybe you would of realized the stupidity of saying storytelling isn't a boon in making a good game.

What's the point of arguing if you just make up arguments to reply to?

oh I do enjoy a nice cutscene here and there, most japanese games I know of even allow you to skip them. They act as a nice piece of punctuation to a good stretch of game play.

That would make anyone want to die. Just don't play/watch moeshit and anime will "suddenly" get 1000 times better.

neptunia is shit and so are it's players
if you go to neptunia threads you'll see.
in fact they put spoiler warnings in their posts and the op always asks for it

oh but don't you know, 99% of all anime ever since lucky star is "moe". Why else would the last thing I watch be tengen toppa gurren lagann and attack on titan? anime is dead :((

Europe had anime for a long ass time. I don't remember if Spain or Italy were the first to import them. I always thought it was my country that produced those cartoon, beside the time the kanji were plastered all over.

Only people who really hate anime tend to be goons and other lefties, because anime women are a "unobtainable standard of beauty"

I would even go as far as saying they are as bad as overwatch or undertale faggots
the issue is that neptunia is older and when someone shits on neptunia they can just turn around and say "lol newfag" and people will think they are right

FUCKING CALIMERO DUDEEEEEEEEEEEE
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT SHIT

Oh yeah dude, its totally that, not the shit stories, unbelievable characters, copy and paste elements and faggots like you who claim people who don't like y MUST be x.

The reason people don't hate them as opposed to overwatch or undertale is because they stay pretty contained and if I hide the thread I will never see neptunia anywhere else, and neptunia doesn't draw in normalfags like flies, it's still viewed as an icky jap pedo game by most.

And you're telling me that I'm the one from plebbit? Also, stop trying to deflect and shift the goalposts. I know it's hard for a Holla Forumsirgin to admit defeat, but if all you've got against my argument is personal attacks and nothing actually addressing my argument, then you've got to accept the fact that you lost.

Italian/japanese made anime. I couldn't fucking believe it

I always thought so too (and considering that some have actively been produced from german channels that still rings true to an extent). I was 6 years old when I watched most of this stuff, I didn't know any better. Hell it doesn't even matter, all those shows are fucking great.

I will download all that shit and see how it holds up. Nostalgia kicking hard right now.

Alfred Jodocus Kwak doesn't count as anime as large parts of the production were done in the Netherlands and Germany, and it's an adaptation of a Dutch musical LP (kind of like War of the Worlds).

I think weeb is too over-used frankly and needs to go back to meaning someone who wishes they were a nip and shuns their own heritage. it's turning into the new "geek". I've actually heard people claim to be "weeb" because they watched some dubbed anime

Also Yoshikazu Yasuhiko best artist

of course weeb lost its meaning. Liking anything remotely Japanese makes you one.

Why would I concerned about Weeb be used like Nerd it will actually help.
Then Weebs that aren't waifu faggots can come up with a different term for themselves, waifu faggots will see their shit tastes reflected with normalfags and either change or join them, and normalfags will consume the bullshit put out.

I can't see the industry getting any worse.

I was just going off the credits listed on Wikipedia. Scripts, Storyboards and Directors being Nips lead me to belive that the brunt of the actual animation works was their doing. Hell, all te old shows mentioned were some kind of european childrens novel and musical adaptions of some sort, they just hired all these nips to make it move on the screen.

It's just surprising to see such fruitful collaboration years after the fact.

many european fantasy/childrens series were produced in japan and had japanese writers/directors but often had overseeing by the creators. Moomin is a great example of it, iirc Tove Jansson and her brother worked closely with the creators of the anime in the 90s.

2000's were the best

Nips were pretty much the guys you'd hire to do the animation once you had shit planned, and then once the nips made the keyframes they'd send it off to a poor asian country to make the inbetweens. The backgrounds were done by germans in AJK's case.

and look where it's gotten us, by the 70s they led the animation industry and by the mid 90s were the undisputed champions. Now any competition is a bit of a joke.

Man, this is some highly interesting stuff. I'll definitely look into the production histories.

Fuck that's hot.

WOAH I WONDER WHY REAL GAMERS HATE THIS SHIT

Never. Because it's true. Mostly economic.

it's not true

it will only end when it stops sucking

HNNNNNGGG

so is this a loli thread now?

Hotglue where?

if you're going to lie about not being a 12 year old at least do research

Hotglue here.

post all your shit お願いします

A lot of those games are very mediocre and uninspired when it comes to both mechanics and aesthetics.

This is coming from a person who constantly plays BB and UNIB.

Weebs are cool IRL, but they're very obnoxious on 8ch. Even more obnoxious than furfags since furfags don't go through autistic lengths to make you think that their pile of shit is good.

Weebs assume that you're being a close-minded puritan leftist gaijin who has never heard of anime before, it's silly.

I don't get it, it's not like if we only criticize eastern games. In fact, we're very critical of games from the west. Remember No Man's Sky, Fallout 4, DOOM, and Battleborn? So I don't get why weebs want to exempt Nippon from any flak available. If it's shit to a person, then it's shit to a person. Deal with it.

Vocally anti-Japanese retards are still even worse.

At least they're easier to make sperg out and destroy their own shit arguments.

hey kid.
/sof/

Okay.
I made a mega account just for you, so thank me.

mega://bug1305316.nz/#!p94QgYiJ!5sXUd0s1L2Jb8BZcKufiNJ8VJXPwDm9TrtS42rKsdEo

how do I download that shit. ?

nvm I found it out.

derp.

mega://#!p94QgYiJ!5sXUd0s1L2Jb8BZcKufiNJ8VJXPwDm9TrtS42rKsdEo

choose one

I just wrote you a whole page on why using a lot of $10 words and phrases but fuck it.

Anime tiddies make the naturally gynophobic westerners feel weird and sinful.
Meanwhile the few consumers that do like anime tiddies often have enough intelligence to look up things and know a localization team of aids laden Californian cuck faggots covered up all the anime tiddies and replaced dialog with internet memes.

Just listening to a 80 pounds wet female seiyu say shit in moonspeak is enough to make some mother fuckers real god damn uncomfortable.

No, they are just tying them to the table and raping them infront of us. Be glad you live in an age where you can find out fairly easily what has been changed in your game.
Don't take the changes personal. Its just business.

Have more.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time..._Space
Strange that 'Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea' was entirely made by the French.

Weebs are paranoid pearl clutching kikes.

>Holla Forums
>people
Choose one.

KILL ALL WEEBS
KILL ALL BUG-EYED MOEBLOBS

Don't you just love how political alignments are akin to sports teams nowadays?

redtext for maximum asshurt

The thing about those older shows is that pretty much every country they aired in will have people claiming its from their country because they had no idea they were watching anime at all. My mother, for example, will swear that Maya was created in South America. I also have cousins that are adamant that Mazinger is originally Mexican. They had no clue they were watching anime, and that's how it is for the vast majority of people. It wasn't until decades later that anyone outside of anime enthusiasts realized they were watching something Japanese.

I have such conflicting feelings on nep

the games are unbearable, the fans are pathetic, and the threads are like an echo chamber of avatarfags, but the girls are really cute and I wanna fug them all. My dick and my brain are locked in combat

It might help if you came to realize that they aren't real

Retards will destroy their own arguments.

Here's the best thing about the whole Nep situation: nobody really talked about it too much until it got released on Steam. The same people who wanted to "keep that Jap shit off my system" have created and sustain the Nep general as we know it.

You know it's funny, for a while I'd see the cute girl pics, save them, move on. I even started to follow it around a bit, but after some investigation I realized the games were shit and decided not to play them, but still stick around for the cute grills. But the threads got worse and worse until about 6 months ago when they became an ultrafast, ultracancerous general. Avatarfags ran wild and it went from casual, comfy cute posting to serious discussion of waifus, attempting to lucid dream, and writing self-insert fanfictions.

Those threads are degeneracy and need to be purged.

labels are shit anyways

it's just a tastewar

Also a reminder to watch Xabungle

What's wrong with discussing the game and its characters instead of only dumping images? I also never see avatarfags there, there's only the few posts at the beginning of a thread.

That's because the people who shat on anime stuff were jealous that they didn't had access to these games and in a tsundere-like tantrum shunned in public what they secretly desired.

"I don't want weeb-shit, b-baka, it's not like I enjoy anime ir something…"

sort of like the dark souls conundrum pre-pc. "o-oh, it's just a shitty third person action game with an open world! W-we have mount & blade!* post launch the git gud meme comes into existence.

So you're saying fox/grapes situation?
Gee, that seems to always be the end result of any console/PC discussion.

That's just how our monkey brain rationalizes things.

If you want something that others have and you can't have, if you are a short-term oriented person chances are your brain will try either convince yourself you didn't want it in the first place - and the easiest way is fooling you into thinking you hate it. This is, if you have some impulse control. If you don't ones that's likely to result in robbery or murder.

The opposite of it is long-term oriented people, who end up saving up to buy it later and get some super-enjoyable delayed gratification.

the only good thing about evangelion was the robot fights, everything else is shit

kinky

Blame Photoshop, flash, and every animation made easy. You can see the "corner cutting Technics" they used in the later pictures more apparent.

Also the "cost of admission" principle. The easier something is to do, the more crap is gonna flood the market. I remember some threads back on old Holla Forums that basically showed the decline of animation in general. Since so many modern art students don't like taking traditional Learn how to fucking draw correctly art classes since they where too "hard".

At least the Nips try to keep things humanoid shape in most of their works.

The Voltron vs Adventure time image is bait.
To really is, but new Voltron brown elf not korra has a significant hire budget the most shows though, and it cheats by using cg.

i miss the murika semen demons of the 90's

Really, if the game's only selling point is the fan service, then yeah, that game is shit. There aren't many anime games that are good or atleast decent this day and age like Budokai 3 or the Senran Kagura games respectively.

See, the top half includes Hanna Barbera characters along with those cartoons at the time. Hanna Barbera were pre-cartoon network.

New cartoons arn't stellar right now though. Yeah there's stuff like Bojack Horseman that comes out once and a while, but the majority right now is calarts trash. I would say anime is in a better place since there are some decent shows coming out when you sift through the moe crap and shonen #34215. Also, you can't make me watch dragon ball super or the new Berserk.

TL:DR Yeah a lot of new stuff is bad, but there are some diamonds in the rough, and you still got old cartoons/ anime online. I for one binge watched Sea Lab 2021 last week.

I don't. When does the new Persona come out?

Talking about 90's Wolverine, did you see the Japanese opening for these series?

I wonder what those artists might be working on now, in case they haven't retired.

What I mean by anime is unredubbed and unreditied for your country anime.

I just don't understand WHY you would come inot a thread about japanese games with anime designs to shit on them.

It's like me going into a ARMA III thread to tell them its shit, because I don't like it. Whats the point?

and why are retards triggered by waifuism?
are they women?
are there women on this board shitting it up?

The gameplay is always too simple.

Probably just shitposting at easy targets.

Nostalgiafags are just as cancerous as casuals among western anime fans. I've watched anime since the days of VHS fansubs mail ordered through fan magazines. Honestly it's the same shit, it's just certain decades had "fads" that came and went.
Cute girls, ecchi, and fanservice were all alive and well back then. The original 70s Gundam had several loli bath scenes with full frontal nudity. Every OVA and film had an obligatory shower/bath scene, no matter how out of place it was.
There was also a TON of shit from the 80s and 90s OVA market that crashed and burned after a few episodes of production. Even cherished classics like Bubblegum Crisis never properly concluded due to studio woes, anime was actually more in danger of dying back then than the "dying" anime industry of today that has 25+ shows of varying genres EVERY SEASON.

I'll never get the bitterness of western anime fans. A movie buff that likes action films can deal with chick flicks being a thing, but a western anime fan that liked Cowboy Bebop legitimately thinks K-ON is fucking them out of another show like Cowboy Bebop. It drives me nuts but after over 30 years of hearing the same bullshit complaints I've just accepted the fact that 90% of the western fanbase for anime is mentally retarded and should be ignored at all costs.

That's 90% of people sir. 90% of people are retarded.

funny thing about Voltron, aka golion. In japan it did piss poor and was ultimately forgotten about

It was shilled to hell and back in the west

Nostalgia fags most of the time are people who watched the fistful of anime that survived the test of time in the recommended lists and think every anime was like that back then.
I have to say that maybe quality in drawing went a bit down or they stopped trying to shovel chiaroscuro every fucking where.

Rune Factory 4 is a good example of a game with good mechanics, gameplay etc ruined by shitty anime tropes and characters. Every time I return to the fucking game I cringe and get a heavy dose of buyer's remorse.

also why the fuck you can never marry a milf in Rune Factory games? What gives Japan

Not in a while since it is true.

So you get buyers remorse due to aesthetics?

I don't mind the anime style. I was never a fan of the aesthetics but I can overlook them if the game itself is good. What kills it for me is the shitty tropes, or at least what I assume are tropes. It could just be shit writing.

It was the same with Valkyria Chronicles 2.

There is nothing

absolutely nothing

WORSE

than a fucking

STUPID

JAPANESE

HIGH

SCHOOL

SETTING

shoved into almost EVERY FUCKING GAME OR ANIME.

What's worse is the standard anime male MC that gets shoved into everything anime.

that's because all of the japanese are the same person

sounds about right actually.

Go

back

to

>>>/reddit/

with

your

stupid

Reddit

spacing

He's doing it for emphasis, not to break sentences up you stupid cunt.

Because you are a traitor to western civilization.

I want to buy some ipecac and vomit all over their faggy stand.

..Is that legal?

Did nobody order some free slaps for Macinjosh and co?

Probably illegal.

lawblog.legalmatch.com/2010/04/27/vomiting-on-a-person-is-assault-and-you-don’t-have-to-take-it/

how about near them? like if I vomited in front of the stand and the vomit splashed onto the paper but not onto the whores themselves

Is it even possible to get Ipecac any more?

Shits like this makes me appreciate that i'm not living wherever that is

Well, would be funny to send those to Chris-chan I guess.

No, you fucking retard.

The only, and I mean ONLY thing you need to blame for the degradation of 2D animation is 3D.

When you get a tool that can effortlessly render shit like pic related with nearly perfect accuracy and consistency no matter what context you put it to, it's impossible for 2D to compete anymore.

That would still be disorderly conduct, especially since you did it on purpose. Make sure you hide the ipecac bottle before becoming a vomit vigilante, then you can pass it off as an accident.

They almost always have shit writing, and are either visual novels (shit) or JRPGs that utilise the worst combat known to man and think grinding with that shit is fun

We have threads on Telltale and LiS, and this is a video game board, so they must be games :^)

Someone doesn't understand how 3D works.

Effortless relative to the quality, and what kind of thing you would have to do to get something similar in 2D.

When you have the 3D model, you'll never have to "draw" it again. At most you'll have to make it move, but the actual shapes and colors and everything is done by the computer. Things can be duplicated and repeated and rotated and re-scaled in 4 seconds and they'll look different from one another just like that. You could render and animate a massively complex city or a very detailed character from a completely new angle and with a completely new lighting/atmospheric setup with very little effort.

some people just hate anime, so naturally the games arent going to appeal to them. I happen to be a huge fan of (good) 2D animation in general.
Theres many reasons people dislike anime (and by extension any product of anime like games, manga, or pictures) some people hate the style (though i usually find these kinds of people to hate animation in general) some of them hate the humor, the sexuality, the voices, or just the fact that its japanese.
people often compare some top level disney movie to some 60+ weekly episode anime and say the anime is shit by comparison instead of comparing it to something similar like your average nickelodeon/cartoon network trash. though some of it is redeemable.

Meh, have you been on the internet? There's a bazillion of people with amazing technique and knowledge. The issue is that no one is buying so they have to resort to making videogame fan art, anime shit and porn. Proper form has never been better it's the subject matter and composition that are thoroughly lacking in the world.

alot of 2D animation requires PC software to handle the animation or effects of certain sequences. though most of the time its very noticable.
3D is easier and often they pay people good money to make the original models, then pay some trash chinese company to animate it because its mostly grunt work.
but i dont understand the sentiment that animation has gotten worse. its much more common now, so it cant all be gold, but in my opinion animation is better, the drawings are worse. people arguing pro-old-anime use still images for comparison shots for a reason.

That's also an advantage of 3D. It's much, much easier to distribute the manpower to make it among a lot of people. Since 3D is not restricted to a any particular view, you could make anyone anywhere model the characters and objects, and even animate minor characters and walk cycles and shit because you can re-align them in the scene however you need after they're already done.

I don't necessarily do either, actually. Good western animation is nearly dead though, and anime doesn't have a lot of high quality animation anymore either, but there's some of it out there.

That's true to a certain degree for shit 3D animation, but not for the better stuff. Rigs become increasingly complex to get the cartoony motion people seem to love, which increases posing time by a lot. Regularly they'll need to recreate and thus re-rig large parts of models for specific scenes, , and create new outfits. And on top of all of that the frames that come out are usually touched up manually as well.
Shit 3D is easy to make. Shit 2D is easy to make as well, just ask newgrounds.

Because the overwhelmingly majority of people aren't neckbeard virgin loser faggots like you guys.
It's really hard to like faggot things like "cute grills doing le qt thangs XD :3 :3" when you actually have testosterone in your body.

some people also hate the degree in which anime typically uses animation "shortcuts". things like lines or droplets to display grief, or other various effects, but this is nothing new in cartoons, but people typically take no issues with bugs bunny cartoons doing the same exact thing. its a staple of the artform. no different from using different lighting and camera filters in cinematography.

King of the hill was pretty much entirely animated by a chinese company. they would send drawings and instructions… the chinese company would send back an episode. they would add sound.

western animation has a very odd style. when they go for realistic they just come off as a strangely styled anime (like wakfu or air bender) but most western animation is either targeted towards children too young to care about brilliant animation, or the "family guy"/"south park crowd. i've seen some pretty impressive (and fairly unique) western animation in very young childrens cartoons. shows like puffin rock and sarah and duck.

you sure about that?

its only bad when it ruins games like fire emblem.

i dont mind the high school setting, i only hated the retarded blond and redhead kid, also that they killed the tittie monster, why? do they hate boobs or something?

Non-FE player here. I've heard plenty people say FE became shit because it got waifus, but I've never heard them say how, as in what gameplay elements became worse in the game with waifus. The newer one also has fucktarded localisation, but that still isn't gameplay, just means you need to pirate it instead of buying.
So, can you enlighten me?

poe's law

It's ok if it's a nice piece of real ass that you want to fuck.
Liking "le cute drawings bcuz it's so qt :3 :3" its akin to playing with Barbie dolls and/or wearing a pink skirt.

Not that they're necessarily hated; their high level of saturation makes for repetitive…everything, and devs playing it safe makes for generic games.

I'm not quite sure what constitutes an "anime game", whether it's just games with the artstyle or if it's just licensed games, but typically those kinds of games value fanservice over everything else, like the new Fire emblem games where they dumbed down the game for people who just want waifus, and botched a crossover so they could bring you Persona: Hashtag Fire Emblem.

People have been complaining about shit like telltale for years also adventure games are a dead genre.

I think the bigger joke here is that you care about how someone says the title of a trash show.

Seriously, autism max.

They're usually 90% dialog that reads like a tumblr roleplay from hell.

Another retard. They really do it make shutting themselves down way too easy.

The only one "shutting themselves down" here is you.

Late 80s and 90s defiantly has a much strong hands on drawing feel.

I was talking more about the actual animation and drawing, not so much the contexts of the work. Although I thought Sea Lab shoe string animation budget added to its humor. As much as I like Archer, I wish they could have more then 5 frames of animation, but yeah, context wise, most are just excuse plots.

Japanese did the entire series. In fact most cartoons where done by Japanese sweat shops in the 90s. They are now done by Korean sweat shops, unless that market has imploded.

One man's trash.

Yeah that too, but compared to when photoshop first came out, where basically pre-existing artists used to to polish their works, and flash was more of a oddity to make random internet shit then as an actual legitimate animator, to people exclusively using them, what ever the fuck replaced flash, as a crutch, it would start having an effect since "why do I need to know how to shade, I have a shader tool" or "I need to know how to do it right the first time, I can use X tool to fix my Y mistake". would start having an effect.

it happened with programming, everyone who use newer languages don't give a fuck about simple practices that would make sure their program doesn't run like shit.

Hell, the reason you cite, is similar in this situation.

Yeah, thats one of them. Do you have any others?

nah, even japs outsource shit to korea.

I actually like the 80's/90's animation style. It's like Western animation in the past, it's just a cartoon. It uses this ideal to portray a story and has decent animation at times. It's simple to look at, easy to digest I guess. It got more solid but cheaper over time. I'm not even sure what good anime-wise has come out recently, it's mostly forgettable, same with any recent western cartoon.

The only thing i can possibly even fathom as good in this sea of moe shit and cash cow milking are the two new lupin shows.

Two new Lupin?
Oh shit. I had no idea, how were they?
I love Lupin, that crazy ass thief son of a gun.

You don't know shit you're talking about if you're trying to throw that back at me, now fuck off.

They're good, but, uh, if you're going to watch your expectations for "a woman called Fujiko Mine", it's suppose to be a more serious take, like the manga, but with Lupin and the other two taking a backseat to fujiko.

Fuck i need to go to bed.

I guess. I wouldn't know I slept all day, drinking now and I work tomorrow morning all day. I hate my life.

Haven't played Fates but what he could mean is that many character interactions became miniature dating sims. Instead of the interactions increasing lore about the land, it instead talks only about anime archetypes that make the girls seem cuter. Fire Emblem 9/10 did a better job avoiding this by making support conversations in the base only and having multiple conversations about random shit.

Gameplay wise, people believe the stuff that's a focus on making the game a dating sim could have gone into something else. Mechanics wise, the series has had a hard time surpassing 4 and 5, with the exception of 9 and 10 which also had a few things from those games. Now I can't say much for Fates because I haven't played it. However Awakening was bad for many reasons and a focus on waifus didn't have much to do with it.

You don't even need to get into how dumbed down nintendo made Fates(especially the white one, i think it's called hoshino or some shit), just look at what they did to SMT/FE once they decided to use persona and awakening as the base.