pastebin.com/beiQC5AQ
pastebin.com/yGYndRP3
classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/spears.shtml
hitbox.tv/vxd
diablo2resource.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/how-to-safely-farm-nihl/
archive.is/SHTyS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off shill

Know where to get a decent torrent or download?

kek

if you have legit cd you can download right from blizzard from here: battle.net/account/management/download/

sure, ill give it a try

But I am afraid to look up what Konkey Dong mod is, why not median XL?

i have legit keys, but server #1 does not require legit. it only requires the konkey dong mod (more info in thread #2 archive)

i don't run server #1, but I did write the linux server guide. tbh i'd be interested to hear test results with or without Median XL. sometime in the future then we can create an image with server/mod info, screen shots, recommendations, etc.

By the way here are some allegedly legit CD keys I've used over time
They probably won't work if you download them via a Battle.Net account, but if you torrent the games, install, then patch with offline Battle.Net patches, it should be fine

DXR6-V6KC-9R9K-6B2T
VK2Z-RT8H-CWJX-B6RX
DPTG-EGHR-PH4E-B7EV
76NN-8TJ9-T8DW-XD7F
RRD2-X7ZT-8XJX-EDCX

66DJ-R9PJ-RPRB-DV46
KFE6-H7RP-TRTH-DEJE
DV8K-GFRN-GN82-E88N
DWMB-4GRT-V2MG-N9TW
N947-TFD2-84GH-GTTM

4869-79301-3335

728Y2W-B292-X7PCXZ-PPDX-PKCN72

Wait, I dont see any downloads for D2 on the website

On their website, you need to create a Battle.Net account and link a game key to it. Don't do this, just torrent the game.

There is a legacy patches section that has what you want, after installing the game.

ah, thanks.

dont know if ill be able to jump in today, hopefully you'll keep this going for awhile

Posting some ancient recycled pasta that I repurposed for your benefit. You can join my server using this.

F.A.Q.

Right here: thepiratebay.se/torrent/6098061

We're running a slightly different version than the default 1.13c vanilla patch called Konkey Dong
It does very slight changes that increase the difficulty of nightmare and hell, adds the ability to get back into the cow portal if you fuck up and kill the king, and SLIGHTLY increases drop rates. Otherwise everything else
is still very much vanilla. (you'll still want a party to get the good shit)
Go here to download the patch mediafire.com/?nyc122n77lok2cl

No, BUT
You should scan it for yourself like every piece of software you download from the internet.

Turned off the warden so feel free to do it if you can get your shit to work. Just keep in mind that you will be mocked if you use anything other than map hacks.

See below for a possible solution.

To install and play the game:
1.Extract it and run d2vidtst.exe to eliminate most graphical glitches. (I recommend you use 7-Zip to do this.)
2.Run Diablo 2.exe.
If problems persist do the following
1. Go here svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
2. Download the newest version. this is an emulator tool that tricks diablo into thinking your new fancy graphics card is an old voodoo2 compatible card.
3. Run the program
4a. PANIC SHITS IN GERMAN
4b. Dont be retarded and click the second from the bottom option to turn it into english.
5. Run the identificaiton option.
6. Close the program.
7. Drop the .dll or everything into your Diablo 2 folder
8. Repeat the d2vidtst.exe step and select the gfix slide third option this time

To connect to the server:
1a. go here and download the editor icyhell.net/2008/05/06/blizzard-battlenet-gateway-editor-v3010702
1b. Run BNGatewayEditor.exe.
2. Switch to the SECOND TAB. (IE the Diablo 2/ LOD Tab)
3. Click Add Gateway and fill out the following information:
Name = SRoVQ
Zone = 6
IP = 74.91.121.114
4. Set to Chosen Gateway.
5. Hit the detect gateway button to see if you can connect.
6. Run Diablo 2.exe.
7. Click Battle.net and create your account. (EMAIL REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.)
8. Have fun reaching the top of the short ladder!

fuggen 8gag adds reddit spacing to kopipe now

Patch notes

Major Changes:
-You can teleport and use barbarian shouts in town
-Increased stash space
-Monsters in Nightmare have +3 to All Skills, monsters in Hell have +6 to All Skills.
-Cow levels have an increased ammount of cows and those cows are higher in level. Expect a much harder challenge.
-Cow level has a Waypoint (replace Inner Cloyster). You can kill the CowKing and rejoin through the Waypoint. No more worrying about the Cow getting killed
-Typing "/ann message" in chat sends a message to all the server
-Uber Cows (New dungeon with Uber cows that now drop great loot but prove a challenge)
See the links below for the rest of the changelogs:
pastebin.com/QTizfccw - v1.3.4? (current)
pastebin.com/4Gn3H0r4 - v1.3.3
pastebin.com/ZCbEJzAu - v1.3.2
pastebin.com/2VUTRtMU - v1.3.1
pastebin.com/bqeR0CfR - v1.2
pastebin.com/XwLfnSs6 - v1.1
pastebin.com/beiQC5AQ - v1.0

Some cube recipes:
Cube Recipes (the ones listed here are the ones that differ from the original, everything else is still the same):
Item + Um Rune + Pul Rune = Rare version of item - Good chance for Res/Aura mods
Um Rune + TP Scroll = 1 time use skill/stat re-spec
Item + Io + Io + Io = Upgraded tier of that item (everything is still the same, sockets, properties, runewords, etc)
1 rune in cube equals one lower ranked rune (example, 1 um = 1 pul)
Khalim's Flail + TP Scroll = Khalim's Will

You can find some more here: pastebin.com/yGYndRP3

List of useful commands - These can be used while in chat lobby or ingame:
/ann *message* - Sends a message to the whole server. Everyone will read it, unless they muted you. Don't abuse this, you might get banned.
/f add *accountname* - Adds that account to your friends list
/f list - Displays your friends list, who's online and where they are right now (game name or lobby)
/con - Lists all the players online, their account names and where they are
/games - Lists all existing active games

I'm still looking for a host for a vanilla server, as well as testers to see if Median XL works with D2GS.

I can't see how else its existing server would have been set up. It's only an mpq in the end, it's not like the game should be able to tell it apart from any other patch.

This. Any patch works, including but not limited to: medianxl, vanilla, and that touhou mod.

The only time you might run into trouble is if a patch is only designed to work with an older version of the game/d2gs.

ok I'll find XL for 1.13d and give it a test on a different port

Welp, trying to join but I'm just getting an "unable to join server" after a while. I installed konkey dong, game was bought.
hlep

So you used the gateway editor correctly? Did you try detecting the gateway to see if there wasn't something wrong with your connection?

Do I HAVE to use the gateway? I mean I just bought the game normally.

Tried using the gateway editor, am I supposed to join through battle.net or ip? Because I can't go to battle.net.

You realize you can't play on the private server without connecting to it right? Are you telling me you're trying to play on blizzard's server with a modded game?

battle.net once you've correctly set the gateway

I set the gateway up as the post said, I added konkey dong, clicking battle.net, unable to identify version of application.

try restarting your game

Did a couple times already.

Maybe retail diablo 2 doesn't work because blizzard fucked with it other than editing the patch.mpq file.

vanilla server when

Actually, I just realised I could actually go on battle.net after I installed konkey dong, not after adding the gateway I can't even go on other gateways.

You wouldn't be able to connect even if it was using the vanilla patch because I don't run retail. Assuming that's the problem, which I doubt. I'm fairly confident the server works because I'm connecting from a different ip/computer than the one I'm hosting it on. Keep fucking around with your game, I'm sure you can get it to work.

wew lad

I honestly don't think I can get it to work myself.

server #1 requires 1.13c + Konkey Dong, if you patched to newer than the 1.13c you'll have to start over

I've been seeking free hosting for a while now. My sever install instructions should be solid.

There are settings in the bnetd.conf and possibly d2cs.conf for version/cd-key rules.

Well, there's my problem.

Why don't you join friendo? The mod only has some slight tweaks to make the game more challenging/easier to start.

I spent most of my free time for this week verifying the installtion procedures for linux (since i'm guessing anyone that can spare something that can be forgotten about will want it be linux). I've run through the install 3x myself, and it seems to be the bare minimum to get it up and running (without convenience scripts).

Honestly I'd rather play through un-modded with people before we jump to full blown AIDS…

also I started a necro during my testing and i keep playing it on my short breaks heh

I was the same way a few years ago when I started playing with this mod but the changes are rather unobtrusive. I personally enjoy having the nm/hell enemies be stronger than vanilla, and the increased stash space. I could always switch to back to vanilla if I wanted to, the only thing that would be lost are the mod-exclusive runewords and prefixes (which nobody uses).

What if

Wait a minute, how do I downgrade to 1.13c?

make a copy of your vanilla install as well since once it's installed it doesn't care where it is run from. you can have multiple installs/versions

My installer installs 1.14b.

You could either use the torrent provided or find some other folder with the 1.13c files in it.

Ouch. I must have got an older version of the new-ish installer a few years ago. I am fairly certain mine installs 1.09 (because i also have the old official patches in the same directory).

I guess the solution is torrent the older version and use the official patch to 1.13c (or if someone gets a server up using my instructions 1.13d).

I can't get mediafire to give me the mod. It doesn't seem to matter though. I can connect to the server and join games with others without it. I don't know if that will cause problems later or not.

If you're using noscript you need to allow scripts from mediafire to download it. You can play vanilla games but you might have problems if you try going into the areas that were changed by the mod. (The mausoleum and a mini-dungeons in kurast.)

I can't get mediafire to give me the mod. It doesn't seem to matter though. I can connect to the server and join games with others without it. I don't know if that will cause problems later or not.>>10884011

Mediafire won't give it up with noscript off. I even tried using IE to get it. The page just refreshes and gives me nothing. Is there a different place to get the patch?

rename .swf to .mpq and you should be good to go

Success! I'm liking the increased stash size already. Time to start playing.

What class are you going to roll as? I can drop you some shit if you want.

I'm in too faggots, let me set up this shit.

Yo OP I wasn't gonna stop by, although I do love Diablo 2, but I just wanted to say that you're a legit motherfucker.

bump for visibility

damn is that an actual scan of a signed boxed copy?? i'd be jelly. patrick didn't even email when 14.2 dropped heh

I checked the website every single day for 8+ months waiting for 14.2 to drop
I didn't hear about it until I was in the middle of playing TF2 and a friend told me because I hadn't checked the site yet

pic unrelated

still no systemd. the absolute madman! :D

JUST

Why the FUCK does the council have to be both fire and cold immune?

can no one dedicate us some resources to run a vanilla server?

You can play vanilla on my server if you really want to.

Currently trying a kicksin through vanilla SP on players 8, Assassins appear to have escaped most of the synergy bullshit other classes have and they're quite fun to play even for a cookie cutter build. It's sped up considerably since getting Death Sentry and escaping all the unleechabe skeletons from Act II.

Also unfortunately I gambled a decent rare claw but didn't notice it had the mod "hit causes monster to flee 100%" on it, and haven't been able to gamble anything better. As hilarious as it is to wander through Act IV dragon kicking the monsters into the milky way, it's making it virtually impossible to kill things.

Also what were Blizzard thinking allowing you to re-roll staffmod weapons like staves with the 3 chipped gem recipe? It's easy money early on, and potentially useful to get something good for your beginning Sorc or Necro.

Dual-immune uniques aren't that uncommon in Hell difficulty, you'll have to use your mercenary. Help by hitting the problematic enemy with Static Field, then maybe stunning them with Telekinesis.

You see the thing about that is my merc does no damage anymore.

which merc?

nm a2 defensive

might be better off with an a1 and a good bow

bump, could still use more players

can you host a vanilla port, and an XL port?

I'll still keep begging for some rich user to spare me some hypervisor resources too.

I'm fairly certain you can join the currently running server with whatever mod you want, just don't expect to be able to play with other people.

so i get the exact same usage out of my own private server on my LAN. apparently i won't be joining your server, user. i am glad you got it working, though.

if i ever do find someone that can donate a VM i intend to setup vanilla original, vanilla LoD, and XL. perhaps even multiple realms of vanilla LoD where we can turn off warden and run bots/maphacks

How many goldwraps does one man need? You be the judge.

are you hero editing on your server? jesus lol

Nah just doing nm meph for days. 487 mf now

working on a skelemancer here. i have about an hour into Azalin so far. i forgot how OP skelemancers are in early game, heh

Have you found a way to edit asset names/descriptions? I found the one setting for the sell item that spawns DC in the d2server.ini, but I haven't found anything obvious for renaming DC. I'd like my server to say something like pic related…

Cherish and curse your amazing luck because while Cham is hard to find, all the runewords that use it also require two more high-end runes, you'll probably be best off trading it unless you're wealthy enough to trade for high-end runes. In that case Doom is probably your best bet.

It's on a private server running a mod and has a very small player base so I doubt trading is a thing yet

Not yet, but all that info can probably changed in patch_d2.mpq

This is true, I have maybe 5 players on the server right now, please join.

I like playing Diablo II though I usually don't play on servers because I like keeping a save file of my characters, even if they're dead and hardcore. In none of the private servers I played allowed some kind of download.

I don't know. I might still play.

Sprite limit is constantly hit there and even on modern hardware the performance chugs because of the engine and what the mod is making it do (I'm talking about client side playing experience). It has a lot of good ideas but also some bullshit with it.

I'll give that the ladder doesn't take into account of experience to real time invested, and just does current levels at current time.

my server install instructions allow for admins to setup character upload/downloads

Ultimately this is the biggest problem with MXL. It's trying to do so much at once that the engine can barely keep up with it. I've had it completely freeze at times, usually when getting tons of reanimates off spells which then start casting their own shit and the whole thing just exponentially slows down until it's impossible to even pause. And there are some mechanics specifically designed because the engine can't handle large numbers accurately (heroic shields, obscene enemy regeneration rates).

It's the most obvious in my opinion. MXL simplifies the skill tree down to skill rows. And there's the arcane crystals grind for the unique item you want to craft and upgrade for and the game is built around that standard for equipment (until the late game or sacred tier). After playing it I kind of started appreciating the viability of regular blue equips in standard diablo II and making the best use of not-so stellar equipment.

Those are also problems, yeah. Once you know what your gear is the first two difficulties are mainly busywork. Most of the fun is in the sacred uniques, but then you need to get them to drop in the first place, and since there aren't any loot restrictions on area it's purely down to luck.

welp

I'm as about as surprised as you honestly, I thought there was going to be more interest for a d2 server.

Try to have the Diablo II thread consistently going. The Xonotic server started small for a month or so as well.

Much as I love Diablo 2, for some reason I don't really feel like getting back into it for now. Maybe it's just that I don't know how likely this server is to stay up in the long run; I'm still kind of annoyed about Holla Forumsnet closing on us.

I can tell you that the server will stay up for at least 3 months because I personally plan to play that long. Beyond that I'm not sure, depends if there's still interest. I can also play sc1 with it so I might switch to that after some time.

I did all of this but now I get an error telling me that it is unable to identify my version. Help?!

Try restarting your game if you did all of the steps correctly. Sometimes the client fucks up.

oh and make sure you run it as admin, you shouldn't have to reinstall

I just did a clean re install. Let's see what happens

I'd probably join if mobile Internet was actually any good for gaming on.

In that case just stash it and pray for a Lo and an Ohm/Sur, or just stick it in an armor if you can't get "cannot be frozen" anywhere else.

I have all these fucking high runes and a shako still hasn't dropped.

i dunno why they changed the installer download. i wonder if you can find it on archive.org

I've never played d2 and I want to play with Holla Forums, is it really ded?

it's less than 2 weeks old… we're still working on getting more realms up too

Not all that bad, actually. I played with two new people since that post.

It's not a grand opening with hype and a launch party. If anything Holla Forums servers tend to creep up and die down.

Today it started to pick up steam.

It wasn't always like this.

Is there any particular reason the server's running an older version?

That's the version the mod was made more, and it's the same one as the very easy to download/use torrent.

made for*

Well, downloaded the game off the torrent and it just makes a little black box with text symbols in the corner of the screen.

Oh, ok, that was directdraw fucking it up.

And I get an unhandled exception message when connecting to the server, after installing the mod and shit.

kek

I am going to come play, when would you say the most activity is? so I can get on when others are on.

So you edited the gateway successfully and ran the game as admin?

There aren't many players currently so don't expect to see someone in your game. One guy is playing hc and the rest of us are level 80+ aside from that one guy who enforces level restrictions in his games. I am about to start a new character however if you want to join me.

What do if my char is like level 10? Do I need to level him up in the single player? I just never played multiplayer diablo before.

You can't bring your singleplayer chars over to our closed realm. Just join the game and we'll catch you up to speed. In act 2 now.

Which game, though? I see two games: Cw and And.

and

Yes. The game itself runs fine, the enly problem occurs when connecting to the server; happens on Checking Version.

The game is patched to 1.13c, with the mod installed. All the ports are forwarded. So I don't really know what could be the problem.

The gateway editor says everything's fine.

Guess I'll play singleplayer, unless someone comes up with a vanilla server or something.

You can try joining the server with your vanilla patch if you think that's the problem, but everyone else seems to be able to connect fine.

What the fuck, restarting my computer actually fixed it.

alright SKELETON TIME

don't ever do this please…

it would be trivial to allow that though

If you ran the torrent version with Administrator privileges that was probably just the rootkit need access to your BIOS and MBR to fully install.

That would screw over the server, uploading potentially hero edited characters, etc.

Why so ass hurt?

A LOT of games need admin privileges to have the ability to save nowadays, there's often no way around this on winblows. Also nigger that torrent is 5 years old, if there were problems with it I think they would've been reported by now.

Also this, there's no way of checking to see if someone just gave themselves a bunch of hrs for kicks.

When all else fails, use thorns.

An alternative is to take ownership of the game's install directory.

there is no reason to run a game or really anything as admin… see

Yeah ok but why are you so triggered by this server?

Wot? I'm the OP. I put the server right in the OP… I think it's great people are starting to populate, and I would like to see more realms.

Guys, why is the mausoleum filled with monsters that give a ridiculous amount of xp?

Pretty sure one of those is a L87 area in Hell difficulty, maybe it's boosted a bit on other difficulties too. Also wait 'till you see the Countess tower. Every floor has a boss pack. It's a good place to level up in on Normal, not just because you can get good runewords from the Countess either.

Actually the mausoleum was changed to enable you to skip past the trist running phase and go straight to 15

Are there any other modded areas? I recall on Holla Forumsnet they had the palace in act 2 set to drop mainly gems and runes

I might join you guys at evening. But why some Konkey Dong mod? Either go full vanillia or Median

I actually have this server set up and I can join it but Im too lazy to back up my vanilla and install konkey dong. The konkey dong mod is the sole thing preventing me from joining this server and playing on it regularly.

You literally have to copy one 7mb file

I didn't say it's hard. I said I'm too lazy to do it. I still want to play vanilla in single player because I haven't beat it in hell yet. So, I don't feel like removing the mod whenever I want to play vanilla and moving it back in whenever I want to play online. I just want to have on install that I don't have to fuck with. I'll keep forgetting I have the mod in when I go to play single player and it will fuck up my playthrough.

Have two separate folders, it's only about 2GB each

Eh. Too lazy.

It would take you less effort to copy and paste that then it did for you to type up your shitposts.

They're not really shitposts. I was just agreeing with the other guy who doesn't understand requiring people to use this obscure konkey dong mod just to get on this tiny private server with barely anyone playing. I already have single player characters, I already have bnet characters, I'm not having two installs of the same game on my computer just for the privilege of playing on this server that will unlikely even stay up for a year.

It's absolutely shitposting. Holla Forums servers generally use small mods that tweak the game a bit, and for anyone who's not a retarded faggot, it's trivial to just copy paste your Diablo 2 folder (or just back up Patch_D2).

You're basically throwing a hissy fit over nothing.

The character files are small enough that it's completely possible for a dedicated admin to offer the ability to import characters.

admin of server #1 i don't think has the time or will to do so (he mentioned the obvious ability to transfer Hero Edited characters), but it is possible. the main thing to ensure minimum cheating would be for someone to run the character file through their own Hero Editor and check the equipment and stash for obvious uber-edits and dupes

also in my first pic here all of those high level chars i had played in single player to 91 max before transferring them to my private. the only hack/edit was adding them to the ladder so i could make ladder-only runewords

Don't project your butthurt onto me. You're the one who wants people to join the server. I'm happy playing wherever.

I can join the server with my single player characters. I have done it. I just don't know what issues it will cause if I join a game since I'm playing a different version.

That's why you're still here whining about it, of course.

Well, you keep arguing with me and every else who expresses derision at your konkey dong. Just sayin.

If you prefer vanilla over modded just say so, instead of being a passive-aggressive little bitch about it.

Pretty sure I said that in the very first comment I made this morning. Stay mad that your server is dead faggot.

It's not my server, you retard. Look at the IDs.

Then calm down.

Done your whining, then?

there's nothing wrong with median.
people just hate it because
-they hold nilla to be sacrosanct
-its popular
that's literally it
just git fucking gud

No, you cannot. The server doesn't have your character files unless you get the admin to add them… I mentioned I did this migration of my high level characters on my private server as seen in pic above.

Eh, some things about median are terrible. For example the immunity totems cover the whole map if you use multires (which you should, no one has a 800x600 monitor anymore these days)

cover the whole map if you use multires (which you should, no one has a 800x600 monitor anymore these days)
I do (play windowed 800x600)… I'm a bit of a purist though when it comes to old games like Diablo and Doom (eg, for Doom i do like some of the source ports, but prefer vanilla in DOSBox).

The servers great and all but sometimes I want to kill myself because of my own shitty connection.

You had cta legit after 7 days?

tfw I like swords

I actually had 2 but the first one was shit so I made another (the one that disappeared).

holy fuck I am blessed and cursed

Don't worry it ain't gonna last long. With that level of crushing blow you're probably best saving it for bosses too, if you can even hit them. I don't think mace mastery helps with staves.

Actually how does durability work with Whirlwind? Also I assume that mod doesn't support respecs.

The fuck is with this item economy, is it as broken as Sebish's mod?

The game is not designed for absurd view distance, or ant-like graphics. Play at 800x600 like it was designed.

How?! That item is great on any character.

Check the ID of my post, I said I was cursed because I recently lost most of my good shit. The item droprate seems the same as vanilla but the hr drop rate appears to have been increased slightly.

Well shit. I'm gonna play either way

TBH a bit higher drop rate, especially for runes, is sort of a good thing on a small server where it's harder to trade around for exactly what you need.

Not so high that it takes away the excitement of getting something good, but a bit higher than vanilla, is nice.

I'm thinking of lowering the cost of summoning diablo clone to a pul/um rune instead of soj because they are too fucking hard to find. Let me know if you think this is too cheap.

I was cruising along fairly quickly until hell, now I just get rekt on my way to andy. Should I go back to nightmare and farm some more shit until I get decent gear?
haven't played this game in a decade.. do i just suck?

See the way I did it (fairly easily might I add) was to have random people join my game and give me welfare gear now I am cruising through act 2 at an alright pace.

If anyone finds a ribcracker quarterstaff or jalal's mane totemic mask please let me know. I will trade for them.

What does that patch even do?
I can't find the patch notes anywhere.

Just mfed a ribcracker but I still need jalal's mane if anyone has it.

Look up "Diablo 2 Slash" server. It has at least 500 active players

Isn't that the reddit server?

Yeah, haven't seen anything "reddit" about it in-game though. Beats playing on a dead server. Even looking up "diablo 2 private servers" is a better idea.

Yep.

A couple small localisation changes, a few changes meant to fight botting that didn't work, and it broke basically every mod.

maybe you can just do countess runs until you get some nice runes if you're a physical damage class

as for the weapons to put the runes in, if its a melee weapon, farm weapon racks in the mausoleumhopefully at least one spawned there to potentially get any weapon type in the game, as its a level 85 zone on hell difficulty

if you're after a missile weapon you're after, you're better off going back to nm difficulty and farming up a unique ballista then farming runes from the countess till you can turn it into a colossus crossbow

heres some nice runewords for melee weapons that are feasible to obtain in hell difficulty before taking on andariel

in all cases make sure that you only get the best weapon type to put it in, keep this and similar pages in mind
classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/spears.shtml
and take note of the range and maximum sockets on weapons, lower speed number is faster, but some weapon class is also a factor in attack speed

Crescent Moon
10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+9-11 Magic Absorb (varies)
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

3 Socket Axes/Swords/Polearms
Shael + Um + Tir

if you luck out on the countess and get a gul rune, the next one becomes an option
but if you plan to play the game after beating baal on hell difficulty, don't bother getting it

Kingslayer
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-25% Target Defense
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
50% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 To Vengeance
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 To Strength
40% Extra Gold From Monsters

4 Socket Swords/Axes
Mal + Um + Gul + Fal

Passion
+25% Increased Attack Speed
+160-210% Enhanced Damage (varies)
50-80% Bonus To Attack Rating (varies)
+75% Damage To Undead
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
+1 To Berserk
+1 To Zeal
Hit Blinds Target +10
Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
75% Extra Gold From Monsters
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12 Charges)

4 Socket Weapons
Dol + Ort + Eld + Lem
i don't recommend that one unless you're a bowazon and don't have something better, such as a rare item

LADDER ONLY:

Obedience
30% Chance To Cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill An Enemy
40% Faster Hit Recovery
+370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration (Normal)
-25% To Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+200-300 Defense (varies)
+10 To Strength
+10 To Dexterity
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
Requirements -20%

5 Socket Polearms
Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal

and of course theres also insight(ladder only), but you should've had that during nightmare difficulty if its possible and you'd want one

and if you're a barbarian using whirlwind, then I have even more advice for you if you so desire it

Can someone stream themselves playing and post the link?

I guess I could although what I'm doing right now isn't too exciting, give me a few minutes.

hitbox.tv/vxd

Thanks for the link bro, if this was halfchan (4cuck) you'd be banned for posting that stream.

How come you didn't pick up that set item that the cows dropped?

I'm mostly looking for high runes right now, I've got enough gear now that most items in the game are useless to me.

What's a fun and easy build to make?

Whirlwind, Skellymancer

I have been blessed.

Glass bowzon.

In hindsight that was a rather uncreative name for my old necro. I assume you'll stick that on your mercenary?

That was my plan, yeah, but there's a bit of a snag.

Any idea how I can give him 68 strength at this level?

No idea… but here's a long shot: when my mercs have died and seem to be just outside of being able to use some gear I usually check the other available mercs when I go to rehire. Sometimes you'll get lucky and be able to hire a merc that was a few levels above your current.

Anyway, I just hit level 23 on my skelemancer. Duriel was by far the biggest pain in the ass at level 18 (I had to regroup 4x to kill him with 1 clay golem, 5 skeles, 4 skelemages). I can't wait to be done with the Kurast areas though because those little knife fuckers and fire breathers deplete my armies. It's been over 5 years so I don't remember my golem strats… mostly using clay right now, but i can pop bloods and irons now too.

yeah i'm melee. I keep finding mage shit. some necro 2h is best melee weap I found so far. RNG sucks so hard.

Like this shit. I should just go necro. I tried the countess and it's quiet a run to get there but if those rune weapons are worth it then I'll stick with it for the time being.

Skeleton Mages are trash-tier.

You want 1pt in Clay Golem for the slow (works on bosses), 1 point in Amp Damage (makes your skelebros hit like a truck), 3pts in Raise Skeleton (before diminishing returns hit on the amount summoned) and the rest in Skeleton Mastery to boost the fuck out of your Skeleton damage.

With that, you just walk in, facetank duriel, amp him, and chug potions for a few seconds while he gets worked over.

I like how fighting nihlathak is always a race to see who can corpse explode the other guy off screen first.

Golems work one of two ways.

Either A, you use fire almost all the time to pull enemies faster, and clay to slow bosses even more.

Or B, you make an iron out of a good weapon and us just that golem type. IK stone crusher makes solid iron golems and you can find it often enough that you can replace your golem if it ever does die.

The only ridiculous hero edits I personally would think are remotely acceptable would be obvious joke edits.

For example, a wand that increases maximum skeletons for a necromancer by a ridiculous number (I think that can be done without increasing the stats of said skeletons, but I'd have to check) and naming it the Spooky Scary wand.

Or a pair of boots for the barbarian that greatly enhance his leap and calling them Jordan's Sneakers.

Sounds interesting. Tell me more.
is it viable in hc?

Also, just gonna leave this here because it's breddy gud

Diablo 3 is better.

Where's your precious thread about it then, faggot?

diablo 3 sucks so bad even blizzard gave up on it a long time ago.

That's not how you get doubles

ok dad teach me how to check'em if i don't use patrick dubsman?

no

then get the fuck outta here trying to chastize me for checking someones dubs you saging faggot

I'm shitposting, and it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. So are you, but at least I'm not bumping the thread in the process. If I have something to add to the thread, I won't sage.

Glass Bowazon simply means forgoing Vitality for more Dexterity, because that increases bow damage. The downside is that you are made of glass. I strongly recommend not playing Hardcore, at least not at first. Especially online where the first connection issue = "Your deeds of valor will be remembered".

Try Decrepify instead. The slowdown will help more than pure damage will, at least until the clay golem slows him down some.

He's fighting Duriel at level 23. He doesn't have decrepify yet.

You can get it from wands, genius.

are you fucking retarded

Did not mean to sage. I can confirm that skeleton mastery with Amplify damage is a very potent combo. If you aren't worried about slowing down the bosses, I recommend you summon a couple blood golems instead of clay. Iron Maiden can be very viable if you are letting your summons tank for you, at least until you hit Hell difficulty (Iron Maiden deals/reflects melee physical damage only, and in Hell difficulty, all enemies have 50% physical resist with a massive health pool), in which case use Amp Damage instead.

Are you?
You can get a point in pretty much any skill in your tree from wands. Including Decrepify, if I'm not mistaken.

One more level to go then! He can get Summon Resist too if he's got spare skill points.

You aren't mistaken but being a condescending cunt to someone when you don't even know that the minimum level required to equipped an item is at least the level required for the spell it gives is pretty retarded. I would bet you are quite young based off your previous posts.

There's a decent chance that I'm as old, if not older than you. I grew up playing Diablo, and it has been some time since last I played.

I wasn't condescending to the person to whom the suggestions were being given. I was condescending to the person who said he doesn't have it at level 23 and did not offer an alternative for that level. At one level away, the advice to get a wand that gives decrepify is still solid, since he could then use that skill point for another level in golem or skeleton mastery.

Anyone have a small >= 10% poison resist charm? Will opay for that shit. Same with a 100% halal Jalal's mane.

wew lad I got a jalal's, but I still need the small charm

I used my normal mode respec and took the advice of 1 point amp, 1 point clay golem, min-max skeletons, pumped remaining into skele mastery.

Earlier this evening I killed Mephisto at level 24. I'm actually really fucking surprised because the way the council members were hurting me combined with the speed I remembered Meph having I thought it was a suicide run!

Eventually it'll be time for you to start corpse exploding niggers, and once you get decrepify, bosses are 100% trivial.

Ideally you'll have an army of Skeletons (not mages), and you just walk around amping shit (with +skills amp will hit the whole fucking screen) and your skeletons will kill something and make a corpse which you will explode and destroy everything on-screen > repeat.

Your skeletons will be there to make the initial corpse, and tank for you. You'll be fucking shit up with corpse explosion.

Make yourself a Spirit crystal sword (Tal-Thul-Ort-Amn) and an Insight polearm for your Act 2 merc (Ral-Tir-Tal-Sol), and make sure your Merc has Prayer aura (Normal - Combat), which double-dips with Insight providing an extremely powerful heal aura for your shit so it doesn't die to bosses. Eventually swap him out for a Nightmare Offensive Act 2 merc which will give Might aura.

For bosses, skeletons + clay golem + decrepify + revives.

You can beat the entire game (outside of uber trist and uber diablo) 100% untwinked as a summoner.

Keep getting some sort of "exception error" and game crashes in the black marsh. Always in the same spot. I think it's suppose to be the entrance to the highlands but there is a mountain there.

got the sc, ubers tomorrow lads

yeah once i made the switch to amp i started remembering i can increase its range. am i remembering correctly that i can eventually raise most mobs from the dead? this morning making my way toward chaos I got a nice deja vu that i could reanimate megademons…

also at the rate i'm going and the limited time i have to actually play it'll be a few weeks before i even think about ubers. i might not even make nightmare mode until closer to Christmas or maybe after New Year

hey bud have you had any issues with your server? sometimes when i play after a day or so the first game i make fails, but the second and all future attempts work fine. i am wondering if my hypervisor's power saving shit is gimping my "d2 server network" somehow

FIRST TORCH BOYS

2nd torch is also sin, fug

I don't have the fucking time to wander around for hours guessing which of the 4 completely random ways has summoner/nih anymore.

well then for what it's worth if we find a host for my servers i'll import my rusher and uber/dc smiter. i have both setup with rusher and on-call chaos/baal bots

Casual as fuck tbh.

I forgot about the wall paintings but I know for a fact that the summoner paths are random.

Where is the best place to get the necessary runes in normal mode?

I died to Diablo earlier, and now I'm going back to grind Meph a bit…

Halls of Pain only has 3 different maps, user.

You can instantly identify which is which by the shape of the room the waypoint is in.

diablo2resource.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/how-to-safely-farm-nihl/

Ral/Tal/Ort guaranteed from the Act 5 barbarian quest, Tirs drop like candy everywhere, Thul/Amn from Act5/Cows, Sol can be obtained from your hellforge, if not you'll want to get it from NM Countess runs which isn't a big deal, since even with just a Spirit your relative power is going to be massively boosted and you won't need the insight until Corpse Explosion starts being your primary damage source (CE costs a metric fuckpile of mana).

Decrepify is stupidly good.

Decrepify costs only slightly less, to be perfectly honest.

I'm having trouble getting through my first playthrough, which I think has a lot to do with how insane the Extra Strong attribute is. Managed to get as far as Diablo's Sanctuary but without Insight on my merc, my summons are very likely to keep getting nuked. Mana wsill become less of an issue when I have the stats to use Trang-Oul's, due to the +60% regen.

Have you started using Corpse Explosion? Amp+CE will kill most things. If you're finding your shit getting worked over by strong packs, use Revives + Iron Maiden instead of Amp.

Also, on the topic of Curse costs, most of your time will be spent throwing out Amp which costs a piddly 4 mana.

Decrepify costs 11, and you'll only be casting it on bosses. Curse mana costs also don't scale as they get skilled up.

Corpse Explosion, on the other hand, does increase in mana as it levels up (and you'll max it out), so with some +skills you're looking at 50+ mana per cast, and it will be rapidly spammed in Nightmare/Hell.

Ideally your build looks something like this. After you reach that point, you may want to dump the rest into Amp so you can effectively curse+explode enemies off-screen, or put more into the golem of your choice, maybe more revives, up to you.

Do add on to this post, the only rune I am currently missing is Amn. I haven't been able to make it to act 5 yet, but I managed to kite individuals from the pack that kek'd me and kill them that way.

I am nowhere near that point, due to being only lvl 28

wew

Guess I'll just farm the River of Flame for a while.

Pul runes count as soj for the purposes of getting annis at the moment.

can you not do 8 player difficulty to get rid of the grind?

Minions dying faster doesn't solve my problem of minions dying too fast.

go to acts 1 or 2 and kill shit then, experience isnt a problem with 8 player difficulty and so long as you have a good act 2 merc and lots of points into skeletons and master you will be fine

ah ok then.

what level are you?

That's a good idea.

26 now. I found a +1 all skills +2 minion resist wand at a merchant so it's less bad but Diablo still fucks my shit up.

He doesn't heal when you leave. Town Portal out, raise some more minions and come back. Usually takes me 4 times of doing that to get him.

Have you tried using Iron Maiden on packs of hard-hitting melee enemies? If you can't spare the points, you should be able to buy one from one of the shops (may need to reset them a few times) to put on your off-switch.

I was getting one or two pixels per go if I was lucky but a kindly Hebrew helped me out.

It wasn't melee enemies that was fucking me, it was Venom Lords and their fire breath.

I found a 4 socket polearm right after I left. You want it?

Oh, I meant when fighting diablo on normal. He is pretty efficient at nuking summons at that level. I don't think Iron Maiden is a useful skill myself. Mostly what kills skeletons is elemental stuff. Venom Lord breath, Trivincal councilors god damn hydras, things like that. I just tend to use amp damage or deceptify. Some of the AI curses can be fun to use, but I usually skip them.

It's exceedingly hard to get 8 players, at least if you're on Normal difficulty

Also, in unrelated news, I finished making a custom version of Trang-Oul's. Has all the same requirements for the various pieces, but instead of setting quality to Part of Set, I set it to Unique and divided the 11 set bonus stats among the pieces of the set. Each piece also has the same magic properties, as listed on the wiki for each. The only real difference between my version and the game version is that instead of being transformed into a vampire, you are simply wearing golden armor. It's purely a cosmetic alternative.

I'll export the items to a file to be zipped up and reviewed by BigSlice. The zip will include a readme pointing out any stats that may vary when the original set items are dropped (there are a few stats that have a range they can be found with) The intended use is to be able to trade in your original set for this one if you do not want to be made a vampire for wearing the full set.

Why don't you just use different gear?

Because while there are non-class sets of a comparable level, I benefit the most as a necromancer from wearing a set made for necromancers. There are only two sets that meet this description, and the Infernal Tools is absolutely NOT viable for late/end game hijinks.

That would be nice if you still have it.

That, and for the cosmetic reasons I mentioned before.

wtb zod rune

Does /players 8 work with the Konkey Dong mod?
Feels like I get less stuff with it on.

/players 8 only works in single player

It works on tcp/ip games as well.
Which is what I'm are playing

yeah its yours whenever you want it. amazon runs way to fast to make any use of it.

on a private bnet server? i can't get single player commands to work on my server

Actually the vampire form slows your casting speed due to a bug, so without it trangs is more useful. Also it sounds like you're making the individual pieces more useful, which is a pretty big buff depending on which pieces you gave bonuses to.

I'm online now, game's ayyy

archive:

archive.is/SHTyS