Tactical shooters

What made the rainbow six titles before vegas so much better? I've only played vegas 1 & 2 on console. They weren't that bad but could be better. Are there any other good tactical fps that are somewhat modern?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MGQwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More features, more customization.
i.e. choose team members, custom AI paths.

no_

This.
Every project worth a fuck comes out buggy or gets hijacked by modern FPS mentalities.

Is Interstellar marines ever coming out

Sadly, I heard it got abandoned like many early access games, but I may be wrong.

I purchased early access for that right around the time steam allowed refunds. I only gave it a

Teamwork actually mattered.

First I've heard of this, looks good outside last update was in 2015.

Is it sad that Homefront the Revolution was nearly an amazing tactical shooter by accident?

How does everyone feel about Siege?

You can make a good argument for 3 being the better game but I'd argue it hasn't aged as well and so isn't 'somewhat modern'.

I can usually look past dated graphics on an older game but what bothered me about Swat 3 was that the players gun and hands weren't visible. Thankfully there's a way to enable this through the console that I didn't know about.

Time to stop living in the past. There's more than likely a reason shooters like these died off. If you're looking for something a bit more with the times and innovative I highly recommend Overwatch.

Too bad the teammate AI is completely braindead. It's only really playable in multiplayer co-op.

Never played 3, is the AI as bad as in 4? I'd trade gun models in first person for working AI any day.

After playing the first mission in 3 I was honestly shocked to see team members doing most of the menial shit from 4 like picking up weapons and reporting to TOC, all on their own.

I like it a lot for what it is, but it's not like the others. And from what I've seen, most fans of tactical shooters here hate it.

It's not a Tactical Shooter. Maybe a Tacticool Shoota.

Well it would certanly help that the entitre developement team had some expirence with real world SWAT.
archive.is/MGQwM

We've had numerous Siege threads on here before, but soon after the Skull Rain update everyone went back to just calling it ubishit.

So, between SWAT 3 and Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, which is superior in terms of gameplay?

I didn't see any change regarding that, there's just nothing to talk about until they release the next update.

No one but a small number of autismos actually used the planning maps, normal people would just drop in a team and have the AI follow you as their leader.

They ran out of money so no.
They also spent way too much time on features nobody actually wanted, Hell Week being one of them

siege is pretty decent but maybe that's because its the only tacticool multiplayer shooter on the market

If you like one you'll like the other so play both. Swat ai teammates are a little more sophisticated than rb6.