Lovecraft thread

I kinda miss >>>/hp/ that place was fun, but anyways lovecraft related vidya geams

fuck I meant >>>/lovecraft/

Here to bump for the old ones.

I want to believe that the Call of Cthulhu game being made right now is going to be good.

>>>/hp/

why can't I stop laughing?

I have no hope for any modern games.

go ahead laugh at my mistakes.

i was so sure hp was a lovecraft board

Lots of terrible things have the prefix Lovecraftian. Why?

Because people try to emulate the look and feel of the things lovecraft talks about in his stories only superficially.

Anything with body horror or ancient Gods is Lovecraft according to Tumblrettes.

Hey man, it's not bad. Although it does hurt my eyes to look at for too long.
So what exactly is it you do? Just make animations like that?

What language(s) are you learning? You really should start with something simple, some people for some reason just jump straight into Assembly and get surprised they can't learn it.

What characters have you made plushies of? Also post pics

oh fug wrong thread :DDD

Lovecraftian = OCs and "nothing personnel" recolors of Lovecraft

Really popular show on HBO called..uhh..Modern Detectives? Fuck I can't remember and I dont wanna look it up.

Anyway, point is I saw like 10 minutes of an episode and they start talking about Fair Carcosa for a good while. I know the King in Yellow isn't quit HP but it's very influenced and the writing was similar.

It's just one of those things where people think it's cool to reference, but not quite emulate. Cause they're hacks

Bloodborne and that fps from a while back are the only things that come to mind.

There's some DOS point and clicks but I never played those. That fps was enjoyable but somewhat flawed though.

I'll just drop these here

other than the gaff get the fuck out with that wantanabe horror shit

I downloaded those but I haven't played them either, does anyone know how they play?

Just learned of its existence and watched the E3 trailer. Something tells me that, once it's out, I'd rather subject myself to Dark Corners of the Earth again and try to finish it this time.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is an atmospheric game that utilizes stealth, action and problemsolving and is one of the best Lovecraftian games out there. That being said, the steam version is broken (need an unofficial patch so you can complete it) and its hella intensive or sometimes just doesn't work outright.

Because it was old and popular but people don't understand that Lovecraft wrote before the nuke dropped, in a time where the idea of a giant monster could still be considered insurmountable by military technology. Lovecraft also didn't talk at length on the nature of the giant monsters. The horror came from slowly uncovering a mystery that once known will forever change the world in your mind and make it so you can never go back. For example, imagine if you discovered for real that there was an alien race that were systemically curing all diseases because they knew that humanity would kill themselves from overpopulation, making the world free to inhabit. You would forever be suspicious of health institutions, doctors and modern medicine. You would tell people about how overpopulation is destroying the world and modern medicine is to blame, but if you told them for a moment aliens were behind it, everyone would think you were insane. And aren't you insane? You think ALIENS are trying to kill all humans with MEDICINE. But you know the truth and there's no going back.

So what would the public perception of this story be?

And that is why modern Lovecraft is shit.

If they are this advanced why didn't they make an airborne Ebola with 30+ days incubation period and ability to remain active on dead hosts and/or outside any host for at least several days? They'd wipe out 95% of humanity in half a year, at most. There, the world is free to inhabit.

I'd rather start pushing for space exploration, colony building, terraforming other planetoids etc.

Because they need a carbon-dioxide rich atmosphere that is currently mitigated by the amount of vegetation in the world, so they are encouraging human industry and overpopulation to simultaneously terraform the planet to something that better suits them and dumb down the population.

think about it, sure making a disease of their own to fuck us all up quickly is a faster option but that's also assuming we can't cure it nor figure out where it came from but something like helping humanity to grow, that's not a negative no matter how you look at it.

so what's the cure for over population then? not something which would happen in a first world country any time at all

It has to do with people looking at the style of Lovecraft's works, Ancient Gods and truly alien creatures, but not understanding the substance of it.
Is mostly correct.

Lovercraftian horror at it's core is about a long and merciless path to a truth you're probably better off not learning, as it will shatter of how you perceive reality, but still are drawn towards it out of morbid curiosity.

At least that is how I look at it.

Hmm. That makes sense.

We barely manage with the flus, which might or might not be made by chemical weapons labs, or are just descendants of an accidental leak that were introduced into the incredibly fertile world of human condition and unrestrained evolution as consequence. AIDS is rampant. All imaginable kinds of cancer literally eat us from inside and we help new ones to appear through our careless use of barely studied plastics, artificial food ingredients and other chemicals.
Now ask yourself whether we stand a snowball's chance in Hell of curing something like I've described, something that is capable of wiping out entire countries (much less hueg than US) in 1-2 months.

Oh, sure, I'll just come to the hospital or police station and tell them I know for sure this terrible new disease was made by ayyliums.

Nah, it is. They would be preventing themselves from getting the planet much, much sooner. But the post above you explains their course of action.

if humanity was ever to unite and focus it's efforts on it then yes I think we honestly could cure whatever in afew months, especially without ethic restrains, the reason why we haven't for everything else is because of alot of different reasons, ethics hold us back, there's no real threat to most people who aren't in shitholes so most people don't actually care but will still fund "charties" who'll take care of it soon(tm), capitalism uses it to make profits via selling shit to "cure" it or if it's cheaper to use they'll use it to cut costs somehow and there's alot of really stupid people who think they're doing the right thing but in actual aren't helping at all

there's government agency's dedicated to looking after the environment in therms of removing foreign wildlife and destroying harmful diseases like what happened with mad cows disease, now I don't know if it's all one branch or afew but I know that figuring out the whats and where does come over it

sooner isn't always better, what if they're in the same situation as us and are merely looking at this from a possible course of action in the future? if they decide to change their minds and go ahead with something else then they have no injustice on their hands to deal with later on

How's prisoner of ice and the other game?
I torrented both some time ago but completely forgot about them until this thread.

Why does this sounds so amusing?

So basically it was all commentary on how changing your reality and unconvering the deceptions that change our collective reality, will make the majority still stuck in the illusion of the collective reality, think you're deluded and insane.

haven't been there a while, has Holla Forums left yet?

Because it is silly that a being older than the stars is walking around in slutty clothes and screaming.

Most Mythos games are shit because faggots think Lovecraft = Le tentacle monsters xDD

I wish more games tried to capture the air of being a well to do gentleman figuring shit out. I want tension and figuring shit out, not running around shooting fishy faggots.

I had a copy of Prisoner of Ice when I was a kid and couldn't get passed the submarine intro because it always scared the shit out of me.

So to speak, however many were not intended deceptions, just misunderstandings of things really were. Then when you truly understand these things, you appear insane and cannot prove it. And because a lot of these things you can discover result in death, mass death or a fate worse than death and you could do nothing about them, a lot of people died.

In the Mouth of Madness is a good movie that demonstrates it.

Why even live?

whats lovecraft? is it a sex mod for minecraft?

yesno

food please