Mecha Thread

Apparently some Nip is trying to port Armored Core 4 to the PC using Unreal 4. Any of you fags managed to get a game going?

mediafire.com/file/k66fcb9ubyhypc7/WindowsNoEditor.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/10/gundam-breaker-3-details-five-new-dlc-expanisons
store.steampowered.com/sale/fellow_humans/
nichegamer.com/2016/10/05/gundam-versus-gets-english-release-in-asia/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm amazed From hasn't tried to SHUT IT DOWN yet.

Considering that I had to salvage a download link from /m/ as all the old download links had died, I suspect they have tried.

Also some footage. I am too lazy to webm

oh fug :DDD

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. Also only works with a gamepad.

anyone have anymore details? any instructions to install, possible errors, etc.?

downloading now to test and maybe host a room

That's like asking to be anally annihilated.
I'm all for a new Armored Core (-like), but directly mentioning From's assets is frivolous.
Why not call it something like, Fuck Off From Forever +: Turbo Hyper Fucking?

I am prepared and even excited to pay 5000 yen for more Gundam Breaker.

gematsu.com/2016/10/gundam-breaker-3-details-five-new-dlc-expanisons

Also I've been trying to play Armored Core 3 Portable, but is that a fool's errand compared to just playing the PS2 version, which lacks a few things?

why bother? Just wait till Gundam Breaker 4

i love LR but I hate it too. every goddamn mission becomes a cheese fest

Well, if there's anything that could be said about it, it's that it works. UE4 seems to be really intuitive to develop in.

well i've got it working. does anyone wanna host a room?

Greetings from the TW version

which is alright, seeing the power creep come in on this version as well, upside is there is no VPN needed to play it. Downside is it's a chink region client and as such it's a bit "spend real money."

G breaker 3 is a fun game, 4 isn't even announced yet and DLC is coming, though this time they're going jew and outside the first DLC every other one will be paid DLC

It's been just over six months since GB3 came out. You don't want this to become Namco's Call of Duty do you?

four doesn't even exist yet and there was a 2 year gap between 2 and 3

CoD is a yearly thing

As a total shitter when it comes to /m/, where should I start with Gundam when it comes to both games and anime, although I'd guess the main One Year War timeline for the latter? I watched a teeny bit out of order on Toonami when I was a wee little shit, but I couldn't tell you which series it was, it's been maybe a decade and a half.

The Zaku 2 Kai is my mobile suitfu from the dabbling reading I've done. Does it show up as a pilotable suit anywhere that isn't one of the Japan/English translated general Asian release-only online arena games? Production rationalization is my fetish.

For anime begin with Universal Century works, which encompasses the original anime Mobile Suit Gundam, Z Gundam, ZZ Gundam and others.

As for games, there's a Universal Century based game called GGeneration Genesis coming out soon in English which should follow several plot-lines pretty accurately.

Mobile suit Gundam war in the pocket it's really good and only 6 episodes long

Also forgot to say that's where the zaku II kai first shows up

Why did he choose the worst one?

You do realize it's a major fucking plot point, right?

Truth be told following story in armored core games is even harder than in soulsbornes.
It's presented through walls of text in message/mails that are always from somebody's preservative and quite often lies or skew the information.

this is probably the best advice so far

to go further

with MSG you have two choices here, the TV series or the compilation movies, the movies are a bit better in animation quality but you lose things like the Gyan fight however the movies add a few new scenes and clean up some rather lack luster ones

Zeta has TV and movbie compilations, however the movie compilations (called A New Translation or ANT) is considered NON-CANON by even Tomino as it changes the ending

Also Sub > Dub because Shuichi Ikeda is the only Char as is Toru Furuya is the only Amuro

first I've heard of this
those cut-ins are really neat, but can you still switch around pilots like in the other games?
also,

Fucking casuals.

the only reason they removed it is because retard faggots like yourself got on the forums and bitched and whined that it made the game "too easy", so they removed a game-extending part that opened up build variety

IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME

you will defend this

fromsoft fans have been cancer from the get-go.

Code Hardcore when
Project Nimbus when
MAV when

Genesis is ass because it's only early UC up till unicorn

ignore it, go for G GEN world and G GEN OVERWORLD on the PSP, not in english but still doable and there are guides

For gundam games I suggest:

Gundam Online
Ghiren's Greed (Menace of Axis V is a solid game on PSP)
G Gen games
Gundam Vs (ignore VS FORCE, it's trash)
Gundam Breaker
Target in Sight
BattleField Record

if you computer can run Yabuse I suggest the Side Story games, also the side story game on dreamcast is good

Gundam Battle Universe
Gundam Assault Survive

For games with Gundam I suggest the SRW series, go for Alpha Gaiden becuase it's a good mix of challenge and fun with a good selection of units, it's also one of the few non-OG games with a 100% fan translation done to it

That was actually the case? I could tell they were trying to make it harder, and so removed what could be used to make some truly broken machines, but I didn't know why they did.

Don't make assumptions, faggot. I said it was a plot point, but nowhere did I fucking say that I agreed with From Soft's decisions.

Gihren's Greed translation fucking when?

I want to crush feddie scum under the boots of Zeon.

store.steampowered.com/sale/fellow_humans/
So this thing popped up. It is closest thing you will get to Mecha sale so it might be worth it to post it.

I just want to see a mecha anime use this song for an orbital re-entry episode
I don't care if it's a montage, but it needs to happen

My nigga.

it'll never happen, just learn to either read nip or look at a guide for how to navigate menus and know something about gundam so you can enact or deny plans

So how about that Assault Suit Leynos remake
It's fun, I think I like it more than the original Mega Drive game.

Woah, I had no idea. Pirating

Also,

are you actually arguing that it isn't a cheesefest without OP-INTENSIFY?

there's about 2 builds that beat zinaida. after you beat the game on any route with your AC it should be reasonable to get the part and really embrace the idea of the game's story making you a "dominant"

wait does your post even have a point?

Any recommendations Holla Forums?

A co-op mecha game with permadeath during something similar to the Gryps War in Z Gundam seems like it could be fun.

well perma death to an extent would work, remember pilots CAN eject if the cockpit hatch isn't damaged

Honestly amazed more games don't make a bigger deal out of this in general. Would add a whole new dynamic to the battlefield and make keeping your comrades alive a real scenario Could also do the opposite end and even take prisoners this way :^)

Project Nimbus maybe along with Strike Suit Zero and maybe Perpetuum if you are into EvEautism.

I want this so much.

Gundam Versus (the new one) is getting an English Asia release.
nichegamer.com/2016/10/05/gundam-versus-gets-english-release-in-asia/

kill yourself, I mean it