BS Zelda Translation out

nichegamer.com/2016/10/03/play-as-boy-or-girl-in-first-ever-translation-for-bs-zelda-the-ancient-stone-tablets/

Other urls found in this thread:

satellaview.wikia.com/wiki/Satellaview_ROM_header
bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bsx.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool I guess

I remember playing a translation for this game a few years ago.

I thought there was already a translation out.
Am I mistaken, or does this one add improvements?
Pretty neat either way.

Come back when somebody manages to get the whole Satellaview thing back up and running.

Grab it before ninny ban hammer.

As far as I know, they've yet to do anything relating to roms or modifications of them.

A translation of this has been out for at least three years.

There was.

Probably because by the very nature its already "taken care of". No need to throw a lawsuit at something that is already suppose to be a lawsuit.

I was always fascinated by BS Zelda. What was the point? They did it once, it seemed to have a bit of effort behind it, but then they never did it again. I guess it was probably done at a shoe string budget. Something tells me they just got a handful of the Link to the Past team, and told them to make some random maps. These would amount to "custom single player maps" in an era where modding was next to non-existent outside of the PC realm.

I least they got the bs part right

this seems to have an english voiceover on it now, did it have that before?

someone did a fandub for it? This isn't a good thing.

Technically it would be more authentic. Does anyone even have the original audio radio broadcast? It was probably some no name VAs.

how would it be more authentic if it was never intended to have an english release? And yes, the original audio is preserved.

Does the narration give you objectives, or is it all fluff?

I have never heard of this Japanese add-on thing.
Neat

They did the same thing with Fire Emblem 3, if I recall. Made 4 maps, broadcasted them a few times, and that was it.

fluff, but i think it lays out the goal of the BS zelda quest.

I already played this in japanese, but thanks for letting me know. Oh, OP, did the person who did the translation do a complete shithead thing and make a bunch of changes.
"Because I can"

Well, someone was suppose to be talking while you played from what I remembered. The whole idea sounded bizarre if you ask me. Not because of the live streaming nature of it, but because of the time limit one hour per session? and then they only ever ran it like twice?

I think they where on to something here, but gave up too quickly. Hell, I don't think anyone actually tried this outside of MMO events, again, and now it would be even easier for them to do it. Live streaming an ingame event. They give everyone the client download a few minutes before start. It wouldn't even be that big of a download since it would only be like a handful of assets.

it was just a bit of narration in the opening and ending sequences.

Well I gotta find those now. I wonder how much effort where put into those maps.

Wasn't Fire Emblem Awakening the first official Nintendo game to do DLC? They have a thing for consistency.

dlc in the modern sense, sure, I guess.

From what i've seen of it a few months ago on youtube it's competent enough, they didn't just grab any old autistic weeaboo with a mic.

kek salty weeaboo spotted

From what i hear, satellaview is much more nasty with it's version of "dlc" than FE Awakening, the way it worked was pretty much the same way the 3ds handles demos, only instead of 30 tries, it's more like 5.

Maybe it was more of an actual hardware limit? The whole service sounded experimental as fuck. The first time I heard about it, years later, it sounded like it only lasted a couple of months. I look up information about it now and it apparently lasted for 5 years. Still though, days when 56k modem was king? I can only imagine what it must have been like.

Oh no, it was DRM through and through, here's an autistic explanation of it.
satellaview.wikia.com/wiki/Satellaview_ROM_header

This is almost as bad as the Russian anime dubs

There was a HG101 article on them, but they aren't loading right now. Here's the first stage.

2nd stage

Hm, oh well, this isn't the one i was talking about anyways. It was the one the one based on the first zelda game.

The site hosts pre-patched roms. NoA's coming.

The fan-translated remake of the third game has these as bonus content if you wanted to play them.

bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bsx.shtml

It's been out for ages, it's just now we got some super-autist doing voice overs.

I could swear I played some sort of BS zelda on emulator too many years ago, but it resembled zelda 1

weebs like you are poison

You'd be thinking of the BS Zelda 1 translation that released a couple months back. They're just now releasing Stone Tablets.

The patch comes with "sublines" that just straight translate the original Japanese speech. I assume the voiceovers are just people reading those. I think one of the patches they have up here also restores the Japanese audio.

There are plenty of sites that host pre-patched roms, and they're sitting fine.

Nope, because they are flaming faggots.

Wasn't it already out?

Yes