Gunvolt

I need a complete breakdown of the positives and negatives of these two titles.

I also need to know how they measure up to proper megaman games and the MMZ / MMZX series.

Negatives: written and designed by Tumblr
Positives: spritework is rather good

you forgot the useless guns alternative. The game gives you different guns that don't do much damage (none) and their only use is to lock on enemies, then spam your power.

Negatives:
Still runs at 30 fps last I checked
80-90% of special weapons are less useful than your default weapons
Superfluous leveling system
Piss-easy to make it to the end of the levels, only difficulty comes from going for S+ ranks
Butchered localization cut half of the story, if you cared about the story
No reason to get it on 3DS or play it in 3D unless you want your eyes to bleed

Positives:
Essentially the same tight controls as Mega Man Zero
Bosses and stages are appropriately varied and have several phases
Generally good spritework and setting
S+ ranks are appropriately difficult and satisfying to get

I haven't played the sequel yet and haven't really planned to since it seems like they exhausted their options for levels and bosses in the first game already. You will also never, ever have a Gunvolt thread on Holla Forums because of a meme surrounding one of the bosses

I've only played Gunvolt 1.
Positives:

Negatives:

I'd say pirate it if you can stomache the terrible port(30 FPS, about 40% of the screenspace is actually used for the game) or get it on a very low price on the 3DS. I haven't played the second so I can't comment on that.

Speaking of which is there anything similar to Mega Man Zero? If not a clone, but at least something with the same level of speed, quality design and fun?

k insta-dropped.

U wot? Tumblr doesn't speedrun for grades

I mean character design. Other than that's it's just an awkward megaman clone.

Gunvolt is pretty cute.

They're fun but lack the teeth-gnashing difficulty those games had. You have the option to gimp yourself (Making bosses somewhat challenging) or aiming for max rank, but anything else can be more or less slogged through without much resistance. GV2 seems to improve on the general mechanics of things in GV1.

Don't play the first until the Striker Pack / patch comes out to fix it on 3DS. Don't play it on PC ever as it's permanently fucked.

No fuck you gayfag.

Post cute MMZ and Gunvolt grills instead

Imagine Megaman Zero, but the entire weapon system has been replaced with something far worse and less interesting, then combined with a standard DS game "touch the lower screen for a super move" system.

Just play Megaman Zero or ZX instead.

Gunvolt makes for a cuter girl than any of those whores.

WHAT IF MIGHTY NO 9 WAS PLAYABLE?

All I can say about the first game is do not get the 3DS version. The localization for it was so bad when they made the PC port they redid the whole damn thing. Pirate that shit and try it yourself.

I didn't even know there was a second one.

Get a grip of this fag.

The upcoming striker pack will fix the Gunvolt 1 localization to the steam version. The steam port is one of the laziest pieces of shit I've ever tried. Can't wait for that sweet Striker Pack .cia.

i guess the first pic is the censored version rigth?

This series is one of my favorites, but I'll try my best to give you a clear picture of it.

The action in these games is strong. It's not so much surviving as it is reaching high scores or faster clear times. I would say that it's a game that's meant for styling through, racking up double and triple enemy kill bonuses while never getting hit. In two, this is taking to a whole new level being able to play as Copen, he dashes into an enemy to tag them and only has one at a time, but you can get a combo going by never touching the floor. You don't have unlimited dashes, so you have to get creative about refueling. The action in both is an absolute blast, either way.

The localization is iffy at best. For the most part it's alright, but this one girl says "xe" once when referring to a hermaphrodite. I believe this was fixed alongside the dialogue cuts in the steam version, there's an option to use a retranslation, so go for that (It's coming to ds, as well). Two had one point of contention in that one of the characters is a memer. It's unfortunate, but he's really memeing in Japanese too so… Aside from those, I can't think of too much that was terrible about the translation, and of course, it's all skippable. Because unskippable cutscenes in an action game would be retarded

The storyline itself is hit or miss. You'll either get a feel for it, or ignore it. I wish I had more to say but I just can't think of anything better.

My pet peeve is leveling/synthesizing. You essentially have to grind for more abilities, whether it's materials to get air hops or dashes or levels for powerful skills. None of these are necessary but still, I'd like to be able to air hop or dash from the get go by changing equipment. On the plus side, you get more stuff the more you end up grinding for S+ ranks so maybe it goes hand-in-hand a little, but I feel it's annoying.

It's definitely a soul successor to Mega Man Zero, the action is just as tight and boss fights have that certain difficult that Zero had, I felt. The key difference is that in Zero you dashed and cut through chumps indiscriminately, but then had to slow down for the occasional guy with a shield or something. I feel more like Gunvolt had a more consistent pace. You could fly tough, or dash along to enemies, dance around them until three are tagged, and then let them have it. Rather than in Zero where I had to slow down for a special Pantheon or something like that. That's just my own opinion on that one, they are very similar in terms of feel.

Finally, I don't feel the steam version was bad, just spend some time setting all your gamepad buttons. I have a comfortable setup where my second stick controls all my Skills, so I'm not losing out on time or anything by having to click or press an F-key like it's normally set to. It's Gunvolt 1 with a better translation option (you must set it to this in the startup menu), a bigger screen, and a gamepad. It's pretty nice other than the startup menu being a pain the first time you go through all of it. I promise, you'll go through the control menu and want to quit but remember, once you're done, you're golden. This problem isn't in the 3ds version, of course.

tl;dr If you liked Zero, it's at least worth a shot. It's a strong title by Inti Creates, and they have a lot of good stuff out there

Phew. Okay, I was autistic enough for today.

This is a nice opinion.
Nvm, fuck you faggot tbh.

Does it have sword yet? What's the point in making MMZ clone and not give me a goddamned laser sword?

Copen gets swords as an EX weapon from one of the bosses.

8-4

this
the translators added tranny pronouns. also:

I keep seeing this ITT but I honestly think that's bullshit. Gunvolt feels more like what MN9 should be, not Megaman Zero in the sightless except for some similarities, but in comparison Gunvolt is nothing like Megaman Zero. That's no reason to be shit, though.
Casual

I think that the main probles is that people expected this game to be a proper megaman, me included, but it's not, and in it's own account, it's not bad.

This is your only valid complain.

shut up and post more qt girls and boys

How is it fucked on PC exactly?

I remember dropping it as soon as I saw the "xer" pronoun. But I've heard there's a different translation in a fan patch, if someone posts a link I could give it another try.

It might be only the english localization that's pozzed, however. Maybe spaniards and frogs got it better.

How's the sequel? Still gotta pirate 1 and 2.

The retranslation is official, not fanmade. The Steam and Striker Pack versions of the game have it.

Pc port is not anymore of a joke actually lel. The devs listened to the fans very carefully and now works pretty good

Doesn't stack up to the MMZ or ZX games at all, some of the music is good though. J-pop blaring and getting invincibility when I died for the first time turned me away from Azure Striker.

The only "Tumblr" design I can even think of would be that illusionist that switches between male and female and even then he's explicitly stated to be an illusionist so it's all in his head

So there really isn't anything like Mega Man Zero? Not even fangames(Ciel isn't out yet) or clones?

Valdis Story might give you the sweet saber action, but it's not going to give you the tight platforming. Play X4 as Zero, close as it gets.

I was on my phone and

That's not the problem, fag, the problem was the lazy design of the PCport overall
Also, the PC port isn't the one with the official translation anymore. Striker Pack on 3DS have it, so there's literally no reason to play it on PC anymore, other than not owning a CFW 3DS, in which case you're to blame.

Rabi Ribi and Momodora 3. They might be moe, but the gameplay is tigh.

Stop before you embarrass yourself whoops too late

That doesn't really adress all the problem, namely having terrible keyboard controlls for a fucking
PC PORT
Want to know the funny part? You can't rebind the specials to the gamepad. So go stick your sausage fingers in your ass.

Good taste. I'd like something like MMZX, though.

Know what they say about guys with small hands?

Art style nigger, I know this is actually japanese but it's that awful fusion of cartoon network and moe anime.

Marco Rubio has sex with them?

That they aren't fat?

So it's like Fusion Fall?

Guess every man in Florida has small hands then

Something definitely isn't fat

Sequel's content is squarely cut in half between Gunvolt and Copen. Each gets 4 stages, an intro stage, and then the last 3 boss stages are shared between each. Felt like half a game since I didn't care for Copen's controls. He's fairly volatile and zips around like a mess, so the only real obstacle is spiked walls. Since he doesn't have flashfield, he has… a flash shield, which blocks projectiles automatically when you aren't using a subweapon. Subweapons felt samey since they're all homing attacks. Having the ability to turn control his hover with a button (rather than manually turning it on/off in the menu) would've helped a bit. I enjoyed the hell out of the first game, but don't think I'll be sticking around to get max ranks on this one.

I enjoyed 4, 3 didn't seem much better to warrant a go, but I'm curious now. Guess I'll give it a shot again.

I would've liked this game so much more if it was just a Mega Man X clone instead of a Mega Man X clone where you have to touch enemies with a lightning bubble every 1-3 connected shots.