3DS CFW+Homebrew: A9LH on 9.2 Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0-11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
On 11.0, Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
For 11.1, everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/qKJCrFQZ
archive.fo/lg3tE
3dsthem.es/2278
3dschaos.com/threads/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-undub-usa-region-free.6451/
3ds.titlekeys.com/rss
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=2_p36_XI5vw
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)
gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-virtual-console-save-conversion.411959/
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48uxr8/super_mario_world_snes_vc_at_o3ds_clock_rate/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-3ds-screen-recording-without-a-capture-card-ntr-cfw-method.423445/
github.com/ahezard/nds-hb-menu
3ds.booru.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/qKJCrFQZ
Last Thread: archive.fo/lg3tE

First time creating a thread. Hope I didn't fuck anything up.

In response to post in previous thread:

It's just a bit difficult to do at this point in time in Europe. The electronic stores all have 11.0 3ds's (checked serial numbers), so my only hope is ordering special editions such as Hyrule or Fates through online retailers. It's gonna take a while to hunt down a N3DS with IPS top screen that's on a version lower than 11.0.

So, there any news on getting NDS games working on 3DS?

Pretty sure that's not possible.

someone was able to run xenoblade on o3ds already and with was choppy.

whats going to happen if I download the themes dlc from the freeshop?

Really? Is there a guide anywhere? I'd do it just for the hell of it

So all I have to do is do what that installation guide says?

CAN'T WAIT
Although I heard Gunvolt 2 doesn't have the Japanese with English text options. Is that true? If so, when will they fucking learn?

That was obvious, no developer would develop ONLY for N3DS, if you develop for both O3DSand N3DS you have twice the chance of your game selling thanks to O3DS owners. Only game that is dynamic about this is Hyrule warriors, that show more enemies depending of your system.

I wonder why they can't just adjust "Settings" depending on your system, so games can use the extra resources if you have a N3DS or not if you have a O3DS.

You'll have official themes. I have the Rootytops one. Pretty good. Official themes are usually better than custom themes, only downside being that they uninstall when you use the eshop..

Yes.

Not N3DS

Just NDS

i think so, just search it up. It'll lead you to a reddit post.

Terrible format. ;-;

oh… my bad. Well there isn't a way yet. But the latest updates from the 3ds hacking scene allows almost any ds flashcart to run on 3DS, I just tried my first generation R4 and it worked.

Does the striker pack fix the awful localization of the first game?

yes, why would it omit information

I don't have a flashcard, and I'm a cheap motherfucker without a job so I don't wanna drop the cash on one right now.

fucking noice, I assume this is every official themes including the JP and EUR.

Yes, just like the Steam version did. That's manly why I'm hyped. Gunvolt 2 was just an extra, an awful one, it seems.

I doubt it, 3DSISO had a thread with more than 300 themes. In fact, theme limit is 300, so they batched 300 threads in 1 .cia, and other 300 in the next one. A guy on that thread made custom batches of themes.
Someone told me Custom themes are better, I'm just too lazy to try them and they don't loop as perfectly as the official themes do.

that sucks user, I bought this r4 back in highschool many years ago. I had no job and just used my pocket money for it. Original R4 is the cheapest flashcart for DS, they sell for $10 and probably cheaper now.

This is the only custom theme that I ever liked. You might like it too so check it out.

3dsthem.es/2278

Noice. But that reminds me, I'm still salty at 3DSthem for not hosting anymore lewd themes.

I am trying to download something off of 3dschaos.com/ , but I am getting a "\Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.\" message. I made an account with a burner email, but I am not seeing any way to get passed it. Here is the item in question 3dschaos.com/threads/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-undub-usa-region-free.6451/ . Also, I doubt it is possible, but can I download directly from nintendo's servers using my PC?

Do I just follow part 1 right away?

Like, 10 bucks isn't too bad, but there is also the thing where almost all the sites I'm finding to buy the damn things are sketchy as fuck.

try modchipcentral and dealextreme or just search up for reputable flashcart resellers. There are posts out there that lists trusted sellers.

You're going to want to wipe your 3DS (and the SD I think) at some point because it helps to not brick. If you don't have anything you care about I'd do that now.

that's pretty good
but the ticking is pointless without the clock.

kek well imagine its coming from the digital clock.

And then I start with part 1, I don't have to read the NAND size and OTP thing or do anything that isnt written down in part 1?

I disappointed myself by seeing there's no Wii shop theme

Also the guide says that everything will be preserverd and bricking is only going to happen if you don't follow safety checks. Do I really have to delete everything?

Plaisysupdater is less likely to brick factory new 3ds'
You don't have to but it reduces the risk.

Hell no, there's like 800+ jp themes, maybe even 1000 by now.

It won't be preserved if you do a wipe first. During the guide you create a backup which is flashed back to your system afterword. If you wipe before then obviously your stuff won't be backed up.

Wiping before starting the guide decreases the chance of a downgrade failing and you get soft-bricked. It's only really mandatory if you have an Ambassador 3ds or otherwise a lot of shit on the system.

i have to delete 55 themes now. Turns out that 3DS can only hold a total of 100 themes.

The OTP and NAND come later. Those are basically your decrypted system files, and before you can get access to them you have to install homebrew. The guide should be pretty clear once you reach a point where you need to back them up.

Formatting is one of the safety checks, and there is still a chance to brick even after formatting.

I never had to deal with OTP cause I am a n3ds user and I switched to a9lh recently.

Is this OTP step really that scary?

Scarier than downgrading using sysupdater back then?

So I back it up before downgrading, and then ocne I downgrade I install the homebrew thing? How do I back it up?

just copy all the contents of your sd to your pc.

ok, after that I downgrade and then install the homebrew thing once it's downgraded, right?

all of the details are in the guide
read it over

I did and I'm not seeing it, am I retarded?

most definitely
the process is homebrew → downgrade > 2.10 if you have an o3ds → a9lh installation
downgrading comes before homebrew if you're at v11+ and are using hardmod or dsiware

You go to the bottom of the post with the link, and there's a like button on the bottom, next to reply I think.

I can't think of a way to use the Freeshop through your PC, but I'm sure there would be some way, as a server is a server. Then again, there may be some filter on their end that caps at 500kb/s anyways, making it redundant.

Anyone know of a way to let Freeshop sort by added date, as in added to 3ds.titlekeys? I just want the latest additions, not releases.

ask cruel to add such a filter in the next update
you can also check this rss feed
3ds.titlekeys.com/rss

Hey, guy asking about the 2DS and firmware and shit from the last thread here.
The bottom line i took from you guys is to make sure to buy older bundles/consoles to avoid the possibility of getting 11+ firmware.
How likely am I to get a bad firmware if I get a N3DSXL from amazon as a standalone thing?
I don't want to risk it because returning it using some bullshit would be a huge pain, since i'd order it from overseas.

depends on how new the model is
i got my black n3ds xl at 10.7

It's hard to tell. You're best bet is to get a special edition. Here's a handy link to see which firmware each 3DS edition comes shipped with: reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/

I know, it's reddit but the thread is very helpful.

i dont udnerstand anything anymore

if you're at v11+ you have to downgrade to v10 first. You can either edit a save for dsiware or modify your hardware

neato, thanks.
Is there a way to check serial key (or however you call it) in Amazon? I might just be having a brain fart but i can't find it.

also, looks like 2DS is a safe bet, so that's neat.

Was backing up the files what they meant by NAND?

Nope, the serial number is on the box itself which retailers never write down. That's why special editions are the safest best.

nand is the actual os
you need homebrew apps and v 9.2 to back it up.

It's not really too dangerous in theory. However, it is another chance to break. On the old 3DS you have to down grade to 2.1, and every time you change your firmware in the hacking process there is the potential for a brick. I think that these bricks are soft bricks meaning they can be fixed through safe mode and updating to latest firmware, and that makes them a lot less scary. But, you can't get your 3DS hacked easily from the latest firmware. I don't think there are too many drawbacks to formatting considering you can just redownload everything after you get it working. To me at least, the loss from formatting is a lot more welcome than the potential headache from not doing so.
The only way to hardbrick I know of is trying to install a NAND that is meant for another model or region than your 3DS

I need to actually solder to do this?

Are you at v11?

yes

Then it is an option. You could also buy a 2ds, softmod it, use it to downgrade via dsiware, and then sell it gift the 2ds. One of the dsiwares, fieldrunners, is currently available in the Eshop

Honestly this is why I'm sticking with my O3DS.
It's not like I'm interested in any of the games that need CPU overclocking and while I'd like SNES emulation, I'm a turbocasual that got so used to speed-up and savestates when emulating on PC that I wouldn't be able to . due to lack of those.

OTP requires downgrading to 2.1 before doing anything else, I went through this last week.
Basically it's another instance of flashing firmware, and flashing firmware always has a small about 3% risk of bricking (and that's not exclusive to piracy mind you, it's also why end-users are often told not to update their mainboard BIOS for example, simply because it's not worth it and potentially risky).
However as other user said, it's a soft brick. Soft bricks can be easily resolved by flashing firmware again, which you can do from safe mode using update firmware option.
Problem for pirates is you can't pirate easily from 11.1 OFW.

The main thing I'm interested in is the CPU boost for already existing games. Some games benefit greatly from it, such as the original senran kagura. Though I am also interested in the second stick because of monster hunter.

Yeah fair enough, I know that those games don't interest me which is mainly why I don't care but if you do then it's understandable why you'd want it.

Have you considered simply waiting for Citra to get better by the way? Cause that emulator made massive progress and runs pretty much everything at this point, just some games are slow.

Would citra even be capable of online play? That's a major component to monster hunter.

Sure, I know about Citra and how it's developing really nicely. However, I enjoy the portability of a handheld. I love just getting cozy in bed or something and just completely get absorbed in whatever I play. There's also the fact that it will still take a while before Citra's stability improves with most games.

Do the 3DS MonHuns actually have online though? I thought it was just local ad-hoc kind of deal like the PSP ones. And no idea, but I'm sure that Citra does have online support planned eventually.

Monhun 3 ultimate was ad-hoc only. The rest have online via wifi.

Ye, MHbigguy and Gen both have online. It's pretty stable in japan, but overseas copies are kinda on the finnicky side.

Of courshe

on O3DS no, as the 2.1 firmware was on that system originally. on N3DS it wasn't, so you actually had to do an 'unbricking' step so that the firmware you were flashing didn't brick your system. Downgrades / hacking in general are almost always done on the O3DS first and then later fixed to work on N3DS, so this was the first time in recent memory N3DS had an actual advantage.

updating without firm0/1 write protection will brick a N3DS on al9h. you can't do this in luma, but other CFWs let you disable it. also the 'unbricking' step mentioned above isn't included in the Gateway installer, so it automatically bricks N3DS. You can also brick your shit up with Godmode9 if you were outrageously retarded. Or if you install AL9H with an OTP from a different 3DS.

I see, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_p36_XI5vw

damn, if 3ds only had this resolution…

one more question before I leave you guys be (currently leaning strongly towards a 2DS), how is online in hacked 3ds's?
Is it like with the Wii where it doesn't check anything and just lets you play? do I need special homebrew to make it work? or do i avoid online all together?

you will probably need a thousand dollar pc to run citra at decent speed.

Citra is making me insecure, i don't want these pcfags playing muh 3ds games

looks like this wont be happening then

Absolutely disgusting audio and franerates

yeah, i hope it stays like that on pc forever.

Hope you have fun with your shit emulator, if it ever comes out.
If something, you disgust me.

with CFW you can play online with no issues. Only flashcart / GWfags get banned.

no, fuck off.

Being poor is not even an excusewhen you can CFW the console. It's not even about console war, is being hyped for something mediocre at current stage. Citra would be good in 5 years, probably, if they get around online and don't use .3ds roms,

And you blamed me for console wars. Holy shit. Also, there's literally nothing wrong with exclusivity other than being a poor fag.

No shit?
If you watnt to talk about citra that's fine, just don't say we should sit on our hands waiting for it to get better, you impatient degenerate.

There's that word that nobody actually realizes which people it applies to again.

Actually, what's wrong with gaming is faggots like you caring too much about muh 1080p/4k resolution, on a 3DS game.

LMAOING @ UR LYF SHILL

Whoops, wrong, try again.
Here's your last (You).

See, you're the problem. If something, you're showing to be more millennial caring about muh resolution and muh fps. At this point I'm pretty sure you're just baiting, but man, I can't really let go this kind of bullshit.

user, part of baiting is pretending you're not.

How can they even tell the difference?

Headers.
When you go online the 3ds sends a key to the server for some reason, probably anti-piracy.
When the game is a cart, the headers are tied to said cart, so when you dump the cart and someone tries to play online, they can tell and ban your console.
When the game is digital, the headers are tied to the console, which is unique because you can't pirate a console or share nands with someone, so they cannot tell a legit copy from an illlegitimate one, because as far as the 3ds is concerned, all digital copies are legit.

Huh.
Between that and the reason Freeshop can work I wonder why on earth Nintendo was/is so goddamn lax with the checks on their digital downloads.

the fact that citra relies on homebrew'd 3ds' to create unencrypted roms tells me it has a long while 'til its viable even after it starts running things perfectly.

try to find someone online that can help you. other than those options you'll have to wait and pray for an exploit in v11+

Does anyone have a download for the CIA of Omega Ruby patched with the Rising Ruby mod?

Any hidden gems you guys have found? I feel like i've played all of the big ones.

What games have you played? What games do you like? I need details, mang.

Available on 3dschaos.

Only the closed-source chink version can run 3 games well so you're fine for now.

Give this list a try. Plus Severed. Haven't tried most of them, but damn if I want to, they look interesting. My SD is too small to fit them,

I like anything

i'll check these out

Anyone looking forward to any upcoming 3DS games?

I really want Etrian Odyssey V to be localized already.

Oh god i'm so lost.
Ever guide says something different.
I just want to know if there's any hope for
me on 10.7.0-32U.
Can I still homebrew without buying a game?

Can you read the op?
It's the only guide you need.

Start here for your firmware version, dude.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)

You really need to learn how to read before asking.

The OP says I can use browserhax, but the linked guide says no, and when i looked it up on jewgle I got mixed results.
I just wanted free video games what the heck

Yeah, just follow the github guide.

but it says i need one of the following alternative entrypoints, meaning i have to drop 20 bucks on a game.

Just open the browser, nigga. If it works you can use browserhax. If it doesn't change your clock to 1/1/2000 and try it again. If all else fails just use a game exploit.

The alternate entrypoints are only needed once. I imagine you could just return it afterword. Same with a 2DS for people using dsiwarehax.

I'm not sure, but I think there's something up with the guide since the OP here says you could do browserhax.

Although, I just realized you've probably updated your browser at some point. If you launch the browser and it asks you to update, you may still be able to get away with not buying a game. But if you launch the browser and it doesn't ask you to update, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Currently on 11.0.0-33U With Luna3DS already working and ready to go for quite a while now my question is this is it possible to update to the newest version without removing my homebrew channel due to the fact Im preordering Pokemon Moon due to the fact Im in the military and will be on deployment unable to get a free version anyway

I'm on new 3ds 10.3 and I already have menuhax. My screwdriver should come in tomorrow as well.

If I format (Lots of eshop downloads), will I keep menuhax? What about after the downgrade to 9.2?

How much of the shin megami tensei 4 Apocalypse dlc is on freeshop? I heard on gamefaqs that its all there, but I don't trust that source.

From what I hear, arm9loaderhax lets me boot luma3ds on boot, to the point where it is pretty much the sysnand, right?

a9lh? Homebrew channel has already been updated for 11.1.

you can get all the DLC through freeshop, even the non-released ones.

Dragon Ball Fusions, Dragon Quest 8, Not-Hotel Dusk aka Chase Cold Case Investigations.

And that's pretty much it.
If nothing else comes out after those I'll be selling my 3DS.

On a side note, is there any way to transfer GBA saves from PC emulated ones to VC on 3DS?

Look through gbatemp and the subreddit to see if they have a save converter. Seems likely that they would have such a tool

Probably not, but its easy to re-install.
It's supposed to, but its never worked for me after the downgrade
It does let you CFW before boot, or any other payload before boot. So you can restore backups if you fuck your shit. Also 100% boot rate and no emunand bullshit.

You guys think there's ever gonna be a good downgrade method for 11.0? I fucked up a while back, softbricked, and had to update to that.

I doubt everyone in the hacking scene is just gonna give up and say "10.7 is close enough, who cares about 11.0?" I'm sure there will be one eventually, but it's hard to say when. Someone could get lucky and find one tomorrow, or it could be months from now, or longer.

Probably not. Unless they get lucky like they did for 10.4-10.7.

because like the retards they are, they were arrogant and believed nobody could possibly break their security
then they spent years repeatedly kicking the homebrew scene in the dick, so surprise surprise the scene bit back

It's entirely possible someone already found an exploit but is sitting on it because they don't want to blow their load too soon. No reason to release another exploit this quickly when Nintendon't got blown the fuck out twice in rapid succession.

After using freakyhax/ninjhax to load homebrew onto my 2 systems, I finally had the chance to try CFW. Here's how it went:

>no kidding, it still has 1.1.0 and no browser

I'm paranoid that something did actually fuck up during this whole process, though everything seems stable. Also I'm out $100 total (3DS + smash) and 9 hours of my time, but holy shit do I feel like I accomplished something.

Now what should I do tomorrow?

Aaaand I forgot the pics.

buy fieldrunners and begin downgrading 3ds' for fools that updated.

also, it says in the guide that luma3ds can not open a 2.1 3ds. I suppose you're lucky that your panic led you to the next step.

Install freeshop off the titledb.com option in FBI
Download all the free games you want
Weep, for there are no further worlds to conquer

Also you'll know a9lh is working when you can load payloads like hourglass9 from boot

what are some useful payloads? I only have hourglass on start. luma options on select and emunand9 on Y.

hourglass9 is all you need
decrypt9 can be useful sometimes but emunand9 is now completely irrelevant to you.

Yeah got it, thanks.
For anyone curious:
gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-virtual-console-save-conversion.411959/

At the end of the guide it has a section about getting NTR CFW. What does this do for me exactly, and do I want it?

If you have O3DS, NTR allows you to use cheats and take screenshots (like pic related) anytime you want via a simple hotkey press, no Miiverse fuckery etc.
On N3DS it also allows you to stream.

NTR in itself is not really a CFW since it's just an extension for Luma that you need to run like a homebrew every time you boot your 3DS.

I'll look into it thanks.

I actually cleaned it up later, this was right after finishing installing vidya.
The ambassador is there just for when I sell the console since I'm sure retards will fall for it.
I don't like custom themes on any consoles, I keep my DS, PSP, Vita nad PS3 "vanilla" like that too, the only thing I ever customize regarding themes is color and since my 3DS is white I decided to stick with the white one.

Now stop getting upset over other people having their own preferences you subhuman faggot.

no user, you're the faggot here.

Why the fuck would I if I don't want to? Do you also fuck fuck children and animals because you can? What kind of retard logic is this.

The retard logic that made painting houses and dark themes become a thing, you homosexual.

Protip, not everyone repaints house. A lot of people that buy houses often settle for the stock color which is usually white. Stay assmad just because you can't force your shitty opinions on someone. I can literally smell your fat, shitstained swelling self through the screen, your sweat dripping down on your keyboard as your hambeast apendages you call arms mash the keyboard in fury just because you have literally 0 control over someone on the internet.

Absolutely bootyblastravaged.

says the person who installed a shin megami tensei game.

I hope one day you will get a job user and become a productive human being, but we both know that the second your mommy dies you will end up in the gutter.
I'm sorry for the harsh truth.

You can keep trying to psychoanalyze me but that won't fill the sad sad existence you call your life.

Nice dubs, shame you don't deserve them.

I'm sorry you're a virgin, user.

Pot calling kettle black :^) And you missed.

Congrats, you played yourself into somehow doing all the steps in the correct order.

It's okay user, you're anonymous, you don't have to lie to us.

>>>Holla Forums

After you.

What? you can stream now on ntr? i didn't know n3ds is powerful enough to stream. Would it work with twitch?

It's not direct to twitch, you'd need really good internet and a computer to middleman the process. It's not very stable, but it is very possible to use.

but is it possible to record gameplay at least?

Basically what NTR streaming does is display what's currently happening on the 3ds screens to your computer's NTR streaming application.
You'd record this any way you'd normally do so, so usually OBS. You can record using OBS so yes, you can.

can i have the link? i would love to record my hunts on monster hunter oh but does it slowdown your game?

It's in the OP with the rest of the NTR shit. It doesn't slowdown, but the stream might slowdown or have frames get dropped.

My games seem unaffected, the only issue is that I experience unstable frame rates on the recording. I'm doing it on a laptop, so it may be expected.

NTR is a shit fetish for azn cucks and you should feel bad for liking it.

modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html is the card and seller multiple anons have vouched for in different threads, so I figured I'd make you aware of it. tl;dr if I remember it is "card itself is good, but the USB microSD reader it comes with is chinese garbage so don't rely on it unless you have no other options" also "it doesn't come with a microSD for storage so you'll have to supply your own"

Are there any places online where I can check a console's serial before buying it?
my best bet is local sellers who I can just ask but those fuckers marked up the price like nobody's business

Striker Pack .cia when!?

If it's used you can just ask. If it's not, there's no way. Although, I think you can look for the serial at the box somewhere, if you're allowed to.

Depending on region they may have a sticker on the box itself showing the serial, but with an online shop like Amazon you're probably going to have to contact support and hope being extremely polite sways somebody to help you out.

thank you, so much.
you have no idea how fucking happy i am

I' ve been striggling with browserhax. My 3ds is telling me I need to do a system update before I can use the browser. Upgrading would result in not being able to homebrew at all though.

the update nag kicks me out before the page finishes loading

Change your clock like the other user suggested or I think you just have around 30 seconds to do it.

Like people in the thread mention, set your clock to Jan 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize save data, and go GO FAST
Practice until you can go as fast as the video and you'll eventually get in

I sent an E-mail through amazon and the answer was:
FUCK
why can't they though? is it a rule or they just can't be arsed to call inventory and ask to check one?
It's probably both

i averaged it, it's only giving me 7.47 seconds.

They ship that shit directly from warehouses. The company probably isn't going to waste the resources calling up a worker in the warehouse just to check a serial number for a potential customer, which I can't really blame them for. That and since Nintendo is retarded, having the full serial number allows you to hijack the account of whoever's using that 3DS, so they might have a rule against it too. Maybe try asking them if they can just tell you the relevant bit?

Well you can either keep trying, or throw money at the problem by buying an exploitable game. It's your call, really. What's more valuable to you, your money or your time?

i thought time was money? then again I don't have a job

Two sides of the same coin. Spend time trying to brute force browserhax or spend time mowing some lawns, bitch.
My n3DS came with the nag and the only other option at the time was Cubic Ninja. Cost me 50 fucking dollars but I ended up getting my money's worth thanks to piracy I guess
Then one of my normalfag friends fucked up his downgrade and ended up buying it off me anyway :^)

yeah, you're probably right, even if I ask for the relevant bit they'd probably not even bother.
but just for the hell of it, which bit is the relevant bit? the first several digits? the last?
where in the serial number do I see these:

It's at the beginning, so you'd be asking for the first six digits

afaik all of the new 3DS ship with 10.0.07. I haven't heard of a new 3ds that's shipped with 11.x something

Some people are reporting that Nintendo has started shipping 11.0 systems, so it's not completely safe anymore.

my bad just checked the reddit link, didn't know they're making N3ds with 11.x

is installing a9lh hard on o3ds?

No, it's easy as shit. Read the OP.

only if you're retarded

What's with that faggotry how supposedly only N3DS can run SNES VC?
I pirated a couple of SNES VC injects and they work fine on my O3DS.

Anyone has a 2DS here? has tried it out?
Is it ergonomic? I'm asking because i've played a bit with an O3DS and that shit causes my hands to cramp like no other, even more than the DS Lite i think.
also, any major regrets regarding the purchase? do you catch yourself thinking "oh man, It's a shame I have a 2DS right now instead of a 3DS"?

Odd.

What's even stranger is that there are videos that claim that shouldn't be possible with o3ds hardware
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48uxr8/super_mario_world_snes_vc_at_o3ds_clock_rate/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

well, it sounds like someone is talking out of their ass, and i'll bite and assume it's not the one with recorded evidence.

So both?

why bros?

The hinge on my o3ds xl just cracked. I've barely even used this piece of shit. I put hundreds of hours on my gba sp, ds, and ds lite and they are all perfect condition still. They should really fix this problem for free because it's a defect.

I glued it together with some epoxy and I hope it holds up.

A new 2DS would have no real purpose, you have either a N3DS(XL) for people who have money to spend or 2DS for people who don't.
Though I'd snatch one right away if there was one.

The extra hardware is largely to compensate for the improved 3D

there's such a thing as a 'blargsnes inject' which is just blarg with roms in a wrapper, there's a possibility you got one of those.

SNES VC are KTR Titles not CTR, so FBI should outright refuse to install them at all, same with Xenoblade.

FBI isn't the only CIA installer, you know.

DevMenu should do the same.

What about BigBlueBox and BigRedBox? Alternatively, couldn't you make your own CIA installer that ignored that shit?

BigBlueBox is just an outdated version of DevMenu that had the copyright info removed and the icon changed. If you're talking about bigredmenu, I wouldn't know because it's way out of date and nobody uses it. I suppose you could, theoretically, I don't know why you would bother though.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I just have a shitty ability to remember things.

Also, why do some homebrew things like DOSBox only run on N3DS? I understand them only running at a (half-)decent speed on N3DS, but there must be something more going on, since PCSX ReARMed will boot up fine.

Nope. I mean, DevMenu is JUST a .cia installer. FBI by now have far more utilities and stability than DevMenu.

You might want to add to the FAQs what benefit 3ds hacking provides

If that's not obvious you're probably retarded.

I don't get what you're trying to say, then.

I have one. It's pretty comfy, although the shoulder buttons feel weird when you're used to standard DS shoulder buttons - these are fucking huge. Also the stylus slot is a bit annoying to find. Apart from that it's great. The only thing I miss is the clamshell, you're not gonna be carrying it around in your pocket unless you wear gym shorts all the time.

I meant, you said DevMenu could do the same as FBI. which is technically true, but FBI do more. Although is good idea to have both DevMenu and FBI anyway.

STRIKER PACK NOT YET!?

Why?

FBI can delete savedata better than JKSV can, is able to install custom DLC without having it on the SD card, and is also good for finding titlekeys.

I assume used 3DS games don't sell for much though

I ended up just skipping the update, but would papa Ninty get mad or would it just werk?

3ds games never go down in price, and will always sell for like 20 bucks.

Additionally to
Before DevMenu worked better for some stuff FBI didn't. Now most of it is fixed, but if for some reason it fucks up you'll have DevMenu to reinstall FBI.

Vary from game to game. But something is better than nothing. I still prefer to keep my games, and I think selling my old games to get newer ones was my worst mistake ever.
Also, physical feels better than digital to own.

You can download the update right from the eshop or the freeshop, freeshop being a better alternative eshop can break some stuff like official themes if you have them installed
You should be able to play without the update if you're not going to use it online. You should have a Nintendo ID, though.

Thanks, but how do I download the update off the FreeShop? Obviously, pressing Y to update the game when I launch it takes me to the eShop.

That doesn't explain why I should have both FBI and devmenu

So it functions well as back up

On the joystick icon on freeshop you should have a list of your installed games, there should be the update.

Pretty much, yeah. You can also re-inject the H&Swith FBI, or just leave FBI inside from the beginning. DevMenu barely weights, so unless you're close to the 300 titles limit, there's no reason not to have it. I'm so paranoid that I even have the old version of FBI just in case.

Quick question, will formatting the system via system settings uninstall A9LH, or should I quickly install TinyFormat, or what?

formatting via system settings will not uninstall a9lh, however it will attempt to format your SD card. Tinyformat will only format your nand, without touching your SD.

Thanks, that's fine, I just need to use this 3DS for fieldrunners to hack a few 3DSs on 11.0 and 11.1.

Alternatively you can back up the entire contents of your SDCard with a program like SDImager, or if you use Linux, UNIX, or Windows 10 you can use "dd" to do the same thing

Alright! Thanks

Is health and safety injection supposed to take long?
I'm getting worried.

No. Nintendo changed the firmware for 11+ so that downgrading is impossible without ARM9 access. If someone found an ARM9 exploit on 11+, downgrading would no longer be needed. Downgrading is only done to get ARM9 access currently only on

Wow this is so great like wow dude.

I have a quick question: If I use TinyFormat so my NNID is still tied to my console, would I still be able to connect another one to it? I know the answer is probably no, but I figured I'd ask anyway, so I can potentially skip a moderate amount of hassle.

I think you can, disconnect that console from NNID before formatting just in case.

How do I disconnect an NNID without formatting? I didn't see an option for it in the NNID settings.

I'm not completely sure since I did that long time ago, but I'm sure you can just connect your NNID with another console since I did just that. EmuNAND keeps your NNID too, but since no one uses EmuNAND anymore, I'm not that sure.

If there's no disconnect option, welp, I guess you just can't disconnect.

Hey I bought the only game that was worth it for me. The 3DS offers nothing else.

It doesn't offer nothing else for you. Understandably, I've been playing games for a long time such as theatrhythm final fantasy curtain call and Animal Crossing, but I've still played a lot of other things the 3DS have to offer like Senran Kagura. Still, why the fuck would you buy something you already have for free, that mentality is just stupid, and "helping the developer" is also stupid since Mon Hun developers should be swimming in money by now.

I'm not mad, I'm just saying that you're a faggot for choosing the worst course of actions and having no taste.

He's just shitposting, ignore him

Christ, just how rare are these IPS top screens? Six damn N3DS's bought and returned, and not a single IPS top. From different retailers, obviously.

My old 3DS is IPS top, and I just can't make the switch to TN without my autism killing me from inside.

If you gouge out your eyes the screen will never bother you again. I did it and it's great.

Good idea. Do it for me, I'm too big of a pussy to do it myself.

Okay, where should we meet up?

It's a good feel

Wait a sec if I can convert .3ds to .cia why ignore .3ds ROM dumps? I know there's a lot of them out there.

CIA is just easier to work with and I don't think the conversion works 100% of the time.

Ah, thanks

I just successfully upgraded to A9LH. Can I get rid f some of the bloatware I don't care about like Mii and AR Games and whatnot?

In the part 2 of the Plailect guide where it asks me to be on decrypt9, do I have to be on the latest version or any version of decrypt9 will work? I still have decrypt9 on my browserhax from many months ago when the sysupdater was still the thing.

Why? It's not like they're taking up room on your SD

I'm just an autist and I don't want useless icons on my home screen.

stop being a retard and make a folder and put em there. then you can put that folder all the way to the right end of the panels if thats not enough.

Can you do that? It's stored on your NAND though not your SD card. Just make a folder and shove all the crap in there and put it at the end of your space.

No, only the newer versions have ctrtransfer which is much faster and safer than sysupdater. Just download the new one, use ftp to transfer it.

Technically yes but it's stored in nand and if you fuck with it you run risk for no reason. I just have mine stashed in a folder in one of the very far pages.

I made a junk folder for that stuff and put it on the last panel.
You can even make a little badge for it.

.3ds is a format by and for flash carts. 3ds > cia conversion is considered 'dirtier' than using real cias from freeShop or otherwise. Ideally, carts should always be .3ds and digital downloads should always be .cia but realistically that's not always the case. Most stuff should be more easily available as cia than 3ds by now anyways.

I bought a happy home new 3ds because it was on sale for $166 new and it came with an ips top screen first try :^)

I didn't even realize for like a week.

Oh yeah I remember hearing about some .3DS files being able to get you banned which I guess might carry over to the converted CIA. I dunno though this could all be bullshit.

You should never get banned for using a cia. Using a cia uses your 3ds' internal header. The only form of anti piracy defense Nintendo has on roms is the headers on .3ds files and once converted to cia that whole region doesn't matter anymore.

Will I be able to setup a9lh on o3ds with only 4gb memory card?

Read the guide.

Yes but it'll be a bit tight.

Put in a folder and give that folder a trash can sticker

Yeah you'd probably need nearly the entire card free.

Oh I didn't know CIAs have no header I thought it was just blank.

Can't wait for Pokemon Sun/Moon to get .cias
Either on the 3DS or on the pc if citra is workable by then, both are good

If citra is workable in 3 weeks for a game they've never seen before then I'll be very impressed.

Aw shit I didn't realize it was that close

umm well i am coming from the stock 4gb sd card of my 3ds and it has emunand in it. will i still be able to?

Of course, you don't need an emunand anymore so you should have sufficient space.

Yeah but he won't be able to get rid of the emunand until towards the end of the process so he might not be able to.

well i have 1.5gb usable space out of my 4gb

i think if I back up my sysnand first then transfer that to my pc, then put the ctrtransfer files to my sd and go with the steps. I might pull it off.

It's not until November 18th but lets be realistic, if it's coming out in China it's coming early. Kirby got dumped 2 weeks before and you think one of the biggest 3ds releases yet isn't?

Every time you do a backup you'll have to move it off and delete it from your SD so it'll take a little longer but I've done a setup with a 4gb card before they switched to ctrnand transfer, so it's definitely possible.

Also legit cias of sun/moon are confirmed so that makes it even easier to get early, also if we get just an arm 11 (not arm9) kernel you can pirate legit cia versions of sun/moon on 11.0/11.1.

But emunand is not involved in the process anymore. If he follows the guide he should have no issue

I think your sysnand backup will be larger than 1.5 gigs. Clear up some space or upgrade your microsd. Luckily they're cheaper than regular. never made sense to me, I thought something more compact would be more advance and therefore more expensive. Why are they ten bucks cheaper?

Does the the plailect guide makes you wipe your emunand or you will have to do that on your own?

Do new games have some kind of anti-piracy in them?

The guide doesn't require one being set up anymore

Does anyone have that gbatemp thread where they talked about DS flash card forwarders? I believe it also mentioned a way to run homebrew DS apps without a flash card, I'd like to try it out.

Not even bsnes bothers to emulate the SNES CIC. At this point running games is the #1 priority, fancy stuff like the system menu is a distant second, and "correctness" features like the security system are totally irrelevant.

If you want to stream there is a hardmod option people have developed, but last I checked it was only for regular O3DS.

It's a little trickier than the new N3DS method but still quite fast. Not having to screw around with emuNAND downgrading is a real relief.

Thankfully not anymore as you don't need emuNAND. You'll still have to shuffle NAND backups around to do it though, and 4GB is pretty tiny depending on what games you want to install. I recommend getting at least 16GB.

I have a n3ds which is on a9lh and where I mainly play.

I think 4gb for my o3ds is enough to run custom VC titles.

Is this perhaps what you're looking for?
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

Just curious, where are the installed games located in the sdcard if I'm on a9lh?

gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

No it was this one. Also apparently homebrews are limited to 16MB with this trick, I'll have to stick to the flash card for now.

In whatever folder Nintendo creates on the SD card.

Exactly where they would be stored if you're not on a9lh

welp updated failed in the middle of updating. I am on a9lh already and I am on that part where I have to update my sysnand. ;-; keeps failing when it reaches halfway.

If you've got A9LH then you can restore a sysNAND without overwriting A9LH and try again. Do that.

Try setting up an emunand and updating it or format and then update.

The guide has a 9.2 premade backup that you can flash. I'd do that and try and update again if it continues failing.

Anyone know how well easyrpg works? I want to play yume nikki on my 3ds.

Thx anons, I got around it by just merging my emunand which is on 11 already with my sysnand.

Oh. Good call. Would have helped us if we had known you had one though.

last question, what's the point of OTP? I don't even remember using it through out the guide, the guide just told me to store it somewhere safe. I am already and just setting up my o3ds.

***I am already done and setting up some useful apps on my o3ds

An OTP is a security code, in layman's terms. There's no real point to keeping it about, but I suppose if A9LH ver breaks or somehow gets blocked, you'd need the OTP to reinstall it.
OTPs are by-device, not by NAND. Your SysNAND/EmuNAND have the same OTP, but your console has a different one from everyone else.

GBATemp thread says it's good, but there's also an official RPGMaker being made for the 3DS which is soon(tm).

Thats nice to know. Any status on game maker compatibility? I know they have an export option that doesn't work.

ah we're only needing it if something happens to a9lh?

What about for n3ds users? We didn't have to get the otp from it. So n3ds users are dunn goof'd if something were to happen to a9lh?

OTP is worthless for n3DS users now. We don't need it. If something were to (somehow) happen to A9LH, you can just install it as long as your firmware is low enough.

but aren't we supposed to updated to the latest firmware at all times on a9lh? (as instructed to the OP guide)

I keep using emunand w/ a9lh, with that updated on top of my 9.0 sysnand just in case. imo ops guide is too careless.

fucking didn't i think about this, now my emunand is lost forever ;-;

can't you just use hourglass9 to back up your sysnand, restore an old backup, recreate an emunand, then restore your nand and do that swap thing?

too lazy to do that now, its not like a9lh will ever break. That's why it was refereed to as a permanent hack.

And I don't think ninty will actually bother with this anymore since NX is coming soon too.

Thats true. they probably won't.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-3ds-screen-recording-without-a-capture-card-ntr-cfw-method.423445/

is this possible with just wifi? why the hell does it have be through router?

what's the latest way to cheat on cfw now? is it still via ntr?

I heard that Luma3DSUpdater is borked now and fucks up my save files or some shit after use, is that true? In such a case, do I need to keep reinstalling the latest version manually every once in a while or am I fine ignoring it until a HAPPENING?

that's creepy. well its not hard doing it manually, you just have to replace the files.

by the way, did you used to go to 3dscurv?

Apparently homebrew DS games can be run on 3DS through this thing.

github.com/ahezard/nds-hb-menu

Only tried NDS_TGM so far for a bit, it mostly works fine, even the filesystem stuff like replays. The only issues are the odd long pause after game over and slight delay starting a game. Also the in-game backgrounds are laggier than on flash card but this is only noticeable on some of them, mostly the ones from TGM2.

I'll try Knytt Stories DS once I can be bothered.

Doing that is a waste of 1-2GB. With A9LH and a FIRM-protecting CFW you don't need emuNAND. It's slower too.

Nintendo literally can't do anything to break a9lh. You'd have to be a retard to uninstall it, and even if they hypothetically had a way to break a9lh, if that was the case Emunand wouldn't save you either.
Emunand is completely pointless if you have A9LH.

Did you ever try out a Wii U's gamepad? It looks like it might be similar to the shoulder buttons on that, and if so it's great, they're very comfy.

Why is it so hard to run retail NDS games on the 3DS?

Even if its a hardware switch can't they just emulate that?

two things, mainly being that there's no way to force the system into DS mode. Ambassador injects work for GBA, but all of the DS games released (Advance Wars and Warioware) were re-written / ported as DSiware instead.

NTR can load DS homebrew and download play, but it can't do any ROMs or anything else because as of now they have no way of accessing the save data of DS games off the SD card. Can't initialize save data = no games.

But is NDS homebrew able to read/write to/from the SD card? If so, I can't imagine it taking long for DS loading to become practical.

The NDS didn't have an SD card to read from or write to. That's why there's nothing anyone can use for it yet, because it hasn't been made.

So again, can't they just modify the Luma3DS payload to disable FIRM protection and then delete A9LH after the system has been rebooted without the protection?

Also Knytt Stories DS doesn't work, regular or compatibility ROM. Freeze on title screen, and black screen after fade-out respectively.

No, they can't, hence why I said "literally". The same safeguards that are in place to prevent us from installing things like A9LH also ironically protect A9LH from anything Nintendo can do to break it. A9LH loads before the 3DS's OS does, so there's no way for them to fuck with it like they can emuNAND.

Hit enter too early.
Like stated before, the only vulnerability is FIRM0/1, which Luma protects. The thing is, even if they somehow came up with a scheme to break Luma, they would have to convince you to run a system update after having already breaking the Luma payload, and you'd have to be an absolute retard to not notice all of your games missing.

Luma3DS is also just a file on the SD card (arm9loaderhax.bin) and the 3DS system menu can presumably alter that.

I think you people are missing one crucial thing.

You're assuming Nintendo is competent.

That's one giant flaw in your logic.

Which won't have any effect on your CFW until a reboot, and the 3DS is completely incapable of performing commands through a reboot. You would still have to boot up your 3DS, notice that Luma suddenly isn't there, and then decide that for some reason you think nothing is suspicious and you should totally install a system update.

No. You would reboot your 3DS and not notice anything wrong because all they did was delete the FIRM protection code from Luma3DS. Then they would overwrite A9LH and next reboot you have a PS3. Also it could be slipped in to an earlier system update and only triggered on a particular date for example.

Whether they can legally do this I do not know.

To an extent.

Nice trips-dubs. Checked.

Is there a guide on making your own color and ghosting patched GBA injects?

That would 1) require Nintendo to reverse-engineer Luma3DS
2) require them to figure out exactly how to nuke the FIRM protection code without causing Luma to crash the 3DS (which is currently what happens), and
3) manage to push an update that does this without fucking over people who don't have Luma
Consider their level of competence for a moment: if they somehow had everything needed to pull this off, do you honestly think Nintendo has the balls to push a system update that forcibly overwrites the sectors that contain A9LH? The headaches from people demanding refunds and a potential class-action lawsuit makes it not worth the effort.

Remember, EULAs don't hold up in court.

You know, I don't ever recall backing up a file with my otp, just my sysnand with a9lh. How can I go about getting it again to back it up?

You'd have to do the entire installation process (flashing your firmware down to 2.1.0) again. If you're on n3DS and installed A9LH recently, you never got it to begin with.

Nope, I've had a9lh since August. What's the program that'll give me my otp? All I need to do is set it as a button payload in the Luma folder and transfer some nands

Luma3DS is open source.
Probably true thankfully. In any case I have a spare 3DS with A9LH in case my old one dies.

The program is "downgrading to 2.1.0 to dump it again" and "when the guide tells you to back it up multiple places, DO IT". Thankfully as said if you're on an N3DS you won't really need it anymore.

I only remember the guide telling me to back up my nands.

Oh wait, I remember now, it was in the full as card backup that I deleted. At least it was most likely there.

I'm on A9LH running Luma3DS and I need to system update to use online shit, is it safe to do that or is there a homebrew method for updating that I need to use?

Your question is answered in the op.

Isn't there a homebrew library or something for reading from/writing to the a DS flashcart's SD card? I only remember because on older carts you have to manually patch each piece of homebrew to work.

is there a way to install any cia with using qr code? or it only work with games with title keys?

stop being a retard and update it, you're on a9lh already and there is no way to break a9lh aka perma hax

If for some reason you really wanted (and found rips of the update CIAs) you could update using sysupdater. But it would be retarded. If you don't want to update and want to go online (also unnecessary) you can just httpwn it.

Ran into quite a peculiar problem. I'm running Luma3DS through hax. Turned my 3ds off, popped it into my computer, added a few CIA files and removed one homebrew application, popped it back into my 3DS but now it just keeps booting into sysnand. Did a quick search but couldn't really find anything. And tips?

Should add that it's still reading the SD card, can view the screenshots I took of home menu and such.

it means that its time to switch to a9lh.

maybe you deleted your menuhax config file? Reinstall menuhax.

This did the trick. No idea how it happened. Thanks.

Yeah, that's going to be the next step, don't want to get spooked like this again

What are some good homebrew games? I'd like to actually have homebrew on the Homebrew Channel. Also, I found a source of 3D lewd besides DGW666.
3ds.booru.org/

Reminder that you can do your own autistic lewds.

Upgrading to a9lh should do the trick