Just got a 1080, which modern games can push my card to its limits and at the same time can be fun?

Just got a 1080, which modern games can push my card to its limits and at the same time can be fun?

nethack 3.6

I said push my card to its limits, not bring it to its knees.

Metro 2033 and LL

Crysis also

Fallout 4 at ultra, it'll still look like trash but the optimization should push your card to its limit

pick one

Nice try, Todd.

If you want to spend the money for it, Just Cause 3 can really push it.
If not, I'd say ARMA 3.

Sorry, OP. Can't think of many that are intensive and fun. I guess you could possibly get a bit of fun out of nuMOOM. Maybe ARMA 3 if that's what you consider fun but not many do. Some seem to like ARK and I've heard it runs like dry turds.

Is NuDoom really any good? Every single time I see gameplay of it I just feel bored, but I haven't really heard anything that bad about it.

Dark Souls III

Topkek, you just wasted your money.
In a few years, after the VGC destroying the entire industry, fun games might reappear again, but your 1080 won't run them.

Spend that money on patreon

There'll always be a game that makes you lament the money you spent on an overpriced card.

It's pretty damn average but for a few points, mainly mentioned it for it being intensive.

Nice idea, bad execution. You need to shorten your punchline as much as possible, otherwise your PUNCH-LINE becomes a push-paragraph.
Simply posting
would have been enough.

Witcher 3 is probably the only demanding game that is also good.

GTA V
Hitman 2016

That's about it.

360 Emulation. Try it, I fucking dare you.

Crysis

DkS 3 runs at 60 fps 1080p consistently on my 1060. It's really not that intensive or graphically good, or even simply good.

OP, please get some taste and abandon consumerism.

None. Good games tend to be well optimized.

Pcsx2

At its core, the gunplay and movement are fantastic. Enemy design has good variety, and they interact well with how much vertical space the levels have. And asides from the pistol and single shotgun, every weapon remains useful throughout the game.

The big problems are that every level is just a linear series of locked in arena fights. The weapon and player ability upgrades are a complete clusterfuck of 4 different types of collectables and experience points that constantly intrudes on the gameplay. And the game is very heavily balanced around glory kills, which are painfully slow until you've unlocked the ability that speeds up their animation. Overall, it's also very easy, if you have any experience with classic Doom, play on the highest available difficulty.

It's a real shame that outside of the uselessly restrictive level creator, there's no ability to mod the game, because the foundation is there for an absolutely outstanding game, but then they fucked it up and build a house out of sticks and mud on top of it.

I'd say it's still worth playing, at least in comparison to the abysmally flaccid release of almost every single shooter of the last decade.

Why would you want to play modern games? Quake is fun.

Give UT2K4 a try, that game is pretty fun.

We're over the edge of hope user…

well op, you made a huge mistake and fell for the PC gaming meme. Perhaps you can get a refund still.

1080 owner here.
Nudood is decent, and pretty much the only thing that is worth playing on a 1080. The biggest issue it has are the glory kills and you'll be doing these OFTEN. The game doesn't stop during these so it's possible for an imp to throw a fireball while you're stuck in the animation then get hit the split second the animation returns control to you. It's pretty fucking annoying to die like this. Even worse, on nightmare (the only difficulty with any challenge) you'll find yourself purposefully avoiding over-damaging or headshots on possessed as you need the glory kill for pickups. Holding back like that does not feel like doom. It gets too survivaly for a doom game also, ammo is too rare and limits funs.
In case someone suggests Wolfenstein: the Jew Order, know that it's locked to 60fps. Battlefield 1 will subconsciously cuck you - stay away. And X: Rebirth is still AWFUL no matter what some anons say.

You bought harware that console kiddos wont have equal for at least 15 years

So you can forget actually pushing it

play Redout

If I pulled those off, would you die?

It's the best in the series and looks absolutely stunning.
But yeah, it's well optimized and runs perfectly on weak cards despite looking better than most other contemporary games.

I'm building a new desktop with a 1070 and have a similar question.

I don't need it pushed nesscaerily, but for the past 6 years or so i've had a machine with a AMD phnom XII 965 and a 6870, so I haven't been able to run any demanding games that came out past like 2012

So what games that came out in the past 4-5 years that I couldn't really run before should I play now?

A lot of people retards had trouble running it for some reason, so it's got a bit of an unearned reputation as a system hog.

Run Witcher 2 on max with uber sampling on

I just got 970, which modern games can push my new card to its limits ?

all modern games
you bought a shit card

with all seriousness, which card should I get for my new build? I think 10x series is pointless at the moment

I actually just got a 1080 myself and just spent the few hours playing Dying Light (I already beat it when it first came out but there's been a whole expansion and shit since then so I figured I'd start a new game and test out the card with it).

Getting a near-constant 90fps maxed out at 1440p which makes my old 970 look like utter dogshit (used to get probably 40-50fps average at best and that wasn't even maxed), so that's nice I suppose.

And when I say I just got the 1080 I mean I just got it, literally today.

Most modern games will push your card to its limit, but pretty much none of them will be fun or even good looking. Have fun!

That's actually the best reason to buy new cards - to play older games at ultras in higher resolutions.

It has best combat and best individual level design in all 5 games. If lore/overall world design is more important for you then DaS1/BB will doubtfully be better. DeS has the best atmosphere and DaS2 has the best downgrades.

Fuckoff Todd, dont make me post it.

tfw Crysis is still being used as a benchmark tool 9 years after its release

Nigger I can't pull a consistent 60fps on any setup unless I drop the resolution below 1080p. Game runs like dogshit compared to DaS2 and even DaS1, despite not looking much better. Don't tell lies.

Console shitter >>>/out/

Such a fucking shame

Do you have 660 or something?

How old is your toaster?

Game runs like shit on my 760. Tried running it on my friend's 980 and the game ran at the exact same framerate (which is to say, 60fps with random drops down to 40 in many areas)
Game has serious optimization problems.

Your next move is to post the meme screenshot of the trees behind the tower in the Forest of Fallen Giants like it's somehow indicative of how the game normally looks, then I'll respond with the N64-tier castle area off the side of High Wall of Lothric

Valve (Steam) and 7th gen consoles brought PC gaming to a screeching halt.
It's 2007 all over again.

That's a fucking lie.

Works on my machine is not a valid defense here. Large numbers of people are reporting massive framedrops in multiple areas, with almost everyone reporting that none of the graphical settings have much of an impact at all, other than flat out dropping resolution. That's the mark of a shittily optimized game.

There are several locations in the DX11 paid update of DS2 that look even worse.
You're just mad that you cant run it properly with your outdated card.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Steam killed PC gaming. It smothered it with shovelware and pixelshit meme games.

If fucking is, learn how to computer.

I guess the PS2 was dead in 2005 then.
Do you even understand how the industry works?
You think that Nip ports and bigger PC exclusive releases would sell if it was like you said?
Besides the fact that Curators and Popular Releases exist for a reason.

And we never got back on our feet from 2007, what the fuck is he talking about "again"?

Isn't that something you should be telling Fromsoft? They haven't made a good PC port in their entire existence as a company. They even tie physics to framerate, which is the mark of a true retard.

The only graphical difference between DaS2 and 3 is the ground geometry, which has a higher polygon count. Rather than using tesselation, they just shat as many polygons onto the ground as they could fit, which is likely part of the reason why the game runs so much worse than 1 or 2 despite looking only marginally better. My frames drop into the 40s despite neither my CPU nor GPU being stressed much at all.

2007 is when games were corrupted by degeneracy and memes.

It killed PC games as such by making them economically inviable. While consoles got proper Bluray boxes.
That was the later result of PC games proper being kill. Ported mobile shit in a shitty App Store is what is left of "PC gaming".

2007 saw a huge tech boom and a big rise in interest for them.
It was later on 2008 after the crisis that we saw even more people looking for escapism and standarts lowering due to high demand and company reduction of costs.
Its why MCDonalds tier shit like Call of Duty and now Battlefield exist and normalfags have taken over the hobby playing 1 hour per day.

How? You're still not making any sense

That was the later result of PC games proper being kill. Ported mobile shit in a shitty App Store is what is left of "PC gaming".
I guess shit like Grim Dawn, Endless Space 2, Total WaWa and Bannerlord are indeed mobileshit/pixelshit.

Memes in games happened way back. Douk Nouk was a fucking memelord.

Even the degeneracy only started a few a years later too, with Bioware ahitty games, of course.

What happened in 2007 is that casuals got way too vocal and shat on anything not made for casuals, like Crysis. If those turk faggots hadnt bent over to them and ruined their own game maybe we would have seen other studios doing the same big budget high quality hardcore PC exclusive kind of game.
PC now is stronger than ever but developers are too retarded to take this opportunity to make some quality games, they see some swede fat faggot get billionary with a shitty indie game and they and think gimmicky indie shit games is the way. Fuck this gay earth.

This

You still don't understand the economics.
As gamedev you have to make exactly what sells in Valve's shitty app store or you don't sell anything at all on PC.
Guess what sells in Valve's shitty app store? Exactly what sells in every other app store.

You've been warned, but for Half-Life 2 all of you happily embraced the PC games death sentence. Now you have to live with the consequences.

You still don't understand the economics.
As gamedev you have to make exactly what sells in Valve's shitty app store or you don't sell anything at all on PC.
Guess what sells in Valve's shitty app store? Exactly what sells in every other app store.
Rocket League
Shovel Knight
Darkest Dungeon
Nip ports
Endless Legend
Age of Wonder 3
Grim Dawn
I think you're the one who doesnt understand.

What the fuck

There is not a single PC game proper on your list.

Bullshit. You faggots are just jew wussies.

Bannerlord

It's just Duke Nukem Forever 2, only the suits did a better job of calculating it to appeal to the masses.

Its actually just consolized Painkiller but with normalfag checklist shit like an upgrade system and Press X to kill and none of the interesting weapons/enemies.