So i'm thinking of getting a new laptop, partly because i need the mobility...

so i'm thinking of getting a new laptop, partly because i need the mobility, and partly because i'm too much of a retard to just assemble a tower on my own
and a friend gave me some recommendations that are within my price range
each of them use the NVIDIA GeForce 920M, main difference between them is the CPU
and from what i'm seeing, nearly everything runs at 30-45 fps on medium settings. is everything just poorly optimized or is the GPU shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcstore.bg/bg/laptop-ultrabook/laptopi/laptop-asus-x554sj-xx060d.html#box-additional
pcstore.bg/bg/laptop-ultrabook/laptopi/laptop-acer-aspire-e5-573g-nx-mvmex-139-8gb.html#box-additional
pcstore.bg/bg/laptop-ultrabook/laptopi/laptop-lenovo-ideapad-100-15-6-80qq013rbm.html#box-additional
pcstore.bg/bg/nastolen-kompiutyr-amd-beginner.html
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesn't matter, in 6 months with dust accumulation and deteriorating cheap thermal paste everything will run like shit, including the desktop.

my friend has a 920m and he wasn't able to play DS3 online because of 'FrameRate issue' so I don't think it's going to be good.

The 920M is in the lower range. The minimum for high end in the GTX 9M series is a 970

The CPU is going to make a major difference as well if its between an i3 and an i5, between an i5 and an i7 its less of a difference though except for the most demanding shit

What are the exact laptops you're considering?

Ignore this faggot, thats only true for the absolute cheapest pieces of shit, but be warned even as high as the 600 dollar ranges aren't built to last, thats the problem with laptops, good lasting, high quality thermal design and build quality starts at the 900 dollar mark

I got NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M in my laptop, bought it two years ago, and can still pretty much anything. You just need to get used to cinematic 30fps with new titles, and to setting everything to low (pro tip: disable ambient occluion, lower quality of shades, and all that bullshit, but keep textures to highest. They eat little processing power, but change the looks the most)

That's why you bring it to an electrician every once in a year and have it cleaned, the paste replaced, along with changing the thermal pads. They charge me around $50 for it, mostly because whoever constructed my laptop apparently decided his true calling was in designing Alcatraz.

Buy a good one.

pcstore.bg/bg/laptop-ultrabook/laptopi/laptop-asus-x554sj-xx060d.html#box-additional
pcstore.bg/bg/laptop-ultrabook/laptopi/laptop-acer-aspire-e5-573g-nx-mvmex-139-8gb.html#box-additional
pcstore.bg/bg/laptop-ultrabook/laptopi/laptop-lenovo-ideapad-100-15-6-80qq013rbm.html#box-additional
sorry for slavspeak

Shit, looks like your budget is pretty tight then

They all use the same shitty GPU though, so between the 3 your best bet would be the Acer Aspire with the Core i5

looks like your best bet as far as hardware goes is the Acer Aspire mVIII.

920M is fucking trash
Most mobile GPUs are trash. Get a good CPU instead and just emulate games. Clockspeed is as important as the model number

I hope you enjoy backpain.

i mean that i don't want to carry all the pieces of a desktop whenever i'm travelling back to my home town

just buy a high enough table and a comfy chair

Yeah because table and chair are portable right?

you just buy those for both the locations you commute to

Personally, I did NOT get a gaming laptop for mobility, that shits fucking retarded

No, I got a gaming laptop because I have limited desk space, and because I like having the screen, keyboard, and mouse all contained within the same unit

And if I do have to move my laptop anywhere, at least I know it'll be as easy as folding it and putting it in a bag, but other than that, it has never left my desk since I bought it Plus did you ever see how fucking huge the power supplies are on "gaming" class laptops? they're massive fucking bricks because under full load a gaming laptop takes a hell of a lot more power than even a conventional laptop

m8 don't waste money on a laptop to play video games at 10fps. its lipstick on a pig

Are you fucking retarded?

Its not very portable, yes, but it is still significantly more convenient than a desktop

it's just fucking legos, man.

Have you ever tried to carry a gaming laptop around?

One of my retarded friends bought himself one, it's heavy as shit. You might not think it is initially, but after a few minutes you will start to feel the weight.

He pretty much is.

You could've probably bought a bigger desk with the extra money that laptop cost you.

You're doing it wrong, if you want to play games, get a tower, and if you want a laptop for games get something that's cheap with decent power efficiency and use it for older games.

pic related
i wouldn't trust myself to play with legos this expensive

i already said earler, when i mean it's portable i mean that it's easier to move it across cities than a desktop. if i ever have to go back home, i just fold the thing and put it in my luggage, meanwhile if i had a desktop, i'd be stranded with no vidya

I have a very small living space

So, you're paying premium price for subpar hardware on the off chance you'll have to move.

I refuse to believe you have so little space that you can't fit a fucking desktop somewhere.

i go home every month or so, it's pretty often

And you're done, because fuck playing "modern" triple A titles.

Not like he will be able to without feeling like he's got a fucking jet plane in the room.

alright, IF i abandon the idea of a laptop and just use my old one whenever i'm going anywhere, and i just get a prebuilt rather than building my own, because , would this shit be better pcstore.bg/bg/nastolen-kompiutyr-amd-beginner.html ? same price as the priciest laptop, better rpm, presumably better gpu

well i constantly hear that everything's gone to shit, but i never got the chance to try anything out
i can't even run gta 4 right now, let alone anything close to current year

I really do, its what you get for not being a complete NEET

And its not just the tower itself I'd need to find space form its a monitor and keyboard+mouse that takes up more space than a laptop kb+m

That prebuilt is miles ahead of any of the laptops you listed.
If you have the monitor and other stuff then go for it.

no you're just underaged

fuck off

What the fuck do you do? Mop floors? Do you live in the janitor's closet too?

That is better than the laptops you listed, but not by that much, you'll end up with a worse CPU than the i5

Overall if desk space isn't an issue you will have better luck just building your own PC

well i don't have a monitor atm, but we have a spare one home, and tons of old peripherals, so i could just get them delivered here

i'm 2 months from being 20 user. reminder that halo came out 15 years ago

If you've already got a laptop, you're golden OP - laptop is about mobility not strength, anything else is a complete waste of money.

Jesus Christ OP, unless you are literally mentally deficient, you can build a computer. At least look up a pc building video on youtube and see if you can follow along before you decide to label yourself an invalid. Holla Forums even has a wiki page for it:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

It may take quite some time to build a PC the first time - but tower PC's have a monumentally superior power to price ratio; You'll get much more of your money's worth spending it on a tower PC than you will blowing it away on a laptop that isn't even half as good.

Do you walk all the way when moving from city to city?

the current one i have is years old, and it's running worse and worse recently, like freezing if i turn fullscreen vidya on while watching any video

i already need a suitcase for unnecessary clothing and the even more unnecessary food i get from my mom when i'm coming back. i'd need an extra pair of arms if i want to also put a desktop in a second suitcase. it's just not convenient

How long do you even stay at home you faggot?

bout a week

Then stop being a fucking nigger and buy a laptop that isn't a lead brick and play some old vidya on it, or get a Vita, or a 3DS.

There is no reason to waste money on an overpriced gaming laptop.

If going for mobility, and don't care for PC games much, maybe consider a tablet? I know my SP2 can run pretty much anything except Dolphin/PCSX2 well. Also Halo with SPV3 runs 30+ on medium.

Did get MGS3 running on it, but haven't played enough of Snake vs Monkey to comment.

Nigger I've been with my laptop for 6 years already and after changing my thermal paste a month ago (50 euro) it still runs like the first day.

I could run TW2 back then and I still can now.
I'm thinking about buying a new laptop so I can play Skyrim with max graphix and heavy mods, but not sure how much that'll cost.

I've been using my laptop for 6-7 years, no issues outside small quirks it's built up. Likes to bitch its got a fault with cooling when strain it, but that's about it.

how the fuck do you play halo on a tablet, aren't the controls horrible?
i've tried running some stuff on ppsspp on my phone, and although it runs surprisingly well, controls are usually horrible

>Skyrim
ded game, even with mods, you're wasting money on it

Ipega 9023 controller connected to its sides. Fuck playing with touch controls. Either that, or have a 360 remote on hand.

You connect a peripheral you special ed reject.

n-no bully pls

Holy shit you guys

Do you suffer from legit mental impairment?

I actually have one of those. On low battery the response time is noteable slower so you need to keep it topped up but it's a good enough controller. Buttons are okay and you can program shit onto the grey ones, like volume and pause and stuff.

Well I also want to play Dragon's Dogma, Exanima and Age of Wonders 3.
And let's not forget Bannerlord

Holy shit what?

I have an Intel Atom Tablet, they're fucking incredible, Atoms beat ARM at pretty much everything including performance and battery life

You could pull of plenty of PC games with the Intel HD series but nothing too high end, for shit like TF2 you're fine though

PPSSPP works with it automatically without any shit, but other emus need to be fucked around with to get it working on Windows. It's pretty okay for what it is.

He wants to get a laptop because he gets out of the house once per month. What do you think?

Contemplating, Which UMPC is best at moment for emulation?
ODROID-UX4
PSP-3000
gcw-zero

Welcoming other ideas. Would love to be able to programing it.

whoa so this is the next 4chin exodus

i own a baytrail and they overheat a lot, maybe because it's a tablet

I guess this is the closest Holla Forums has for a hardware thread right now, so I'm gonna ask here.
Is anybody else following the news for the new AMD APU releases? Bristol Ridge has been released to OEMs a month ago, and some Korean did an application benchmark last week.
Performance difference is about +5-20% in comparison to Kaveri (a10-7850k vs a12-9800), which is nothing to write home about.
The interesting part, however, is that the a12 is situated in a smaller thermal envelope - 65W - which would make builds using those ultra-compact cases (e.g. m350, isk 110) feasible.

He's using Tor.

Get a thinkpad x200, flash libreboot on it, install parabola, play wesnoth.

OP I'm probably more retarded than you and I can assemble my own computer. There's no excuse as to why you can't build your own.

Odroid's your best bet for SBCs.

Clearly you're installing the wrong mods. lewd mods forever

Yes

4chan is broke, there's that thread in Holla Forums

you have to go back

Are you like 3 feet dense or something?

I would just get the backpack PC instead.

He's just angry because he's jealous that he wasn't the one getting the 000000 ID.

I have a 710m. Just play all the good and old games and you'll forget the need for a "gaming laptop".

How old are you?