Now lets be clear

Now lets be clear
This game fucking horrible for graphics, story, character, and even fucking gameplay in fact a lot would argue even GTA IV has better gameplay

But I believe it by far the best damn designed game ever made. I've yet to see a game with the sheer amount of scale and attention to detail GTA V has

So, it fails as a game, but succeeds in the autism spectrum?

Can I have Vice City back?

if you continue down that path of reasoning, you will be justifying walking simulators in no time

faggot

I have absolutely no problems calling GTA V a driving/walking/road trip simulator. Because thats all it really is and it does a damn good job at it

Maybe I'm a sucker for the setting because I live in Southern California and Cockstar managed to capture the feeling of being in SoCal almost perfectly. There's something about driving down the freeway listening to Los Santos Rock Radio that brings me back to being a child when me and my family traveled a lot between home and Pheonix Arizona to see relatives

I actually liked GTA V, but IIRC Rockstar spent shitload of money on this game, and considering the money they spent on it it was very disappointing imo, I expected much more

It was money well spent according to them unfortunately because they supposedly made their entire development budget back on pre-orders alone

Which is a damn fucking shame if you ask me because it means most normalfags only played the vastly inferior PS3/Xbox 360 port and not the vastly superior PS4/Xbone/PC port

All the money went into fictional TV shows, fictional internet, radio stations, etc.

Rockstar spends more time and effort on tertiary shit than making their games fun and engaging.

If you look t the in-game TV and internet and shit I guarantee you it only cost 10 percent at most of the games dev budget. Even the in game radio was mostly underground shit and novelty songs. Most of the money went to the games world and B movie-tier voice acting and story

I think the problem with GTA Vs gameplay is Rockstar went with a "Pop music" approach, the gameplay itself tries so hard not to offend you that it ends up feeling great playing for the first 5 hours and then almost immediately gets old

For me the games setting is enough for me to keep coming back to it though, that and modding the Pinto and doing stunts in the desert

Most of the money went into marketing. GTA V was a step back in every way compared to IV, and IV was already a far simpler game compared to SA.

I even liked all the neat touches IV had what with being able to call up your nigger friend to deliver you weapons, but the game tried very, very hard to be realistic and just ended up being extremely tedious.

You already admitted you like it as a walking simulator, so it's not like your endorsement of the game is worth much.

Kill yourself

Graphics was pretty good, and performance is nice, can maintain 60fps on my outdated toaster. Can't really say, that it that great design wise, I mean it's really not that big of a step up from previous games, R* had pretty detailed locations too in previous games and didn't had to compromise gameplay for that.

IV has superior gunplay to the rest of the GTA games, including V. In GTA SA, while I love that game, strafing doesn't work properly.

Coast to Coast GTA when?
Entire state of San Andreas when?
Entire state of GTA Florida when
Entire state of Liberty when?
New state not seen in GTA when?

I personally didn't care for GTAV, and after replaying GTAIV I didn't care for that either, but the attention to detail in the world building is amazing and far outstrips any game made beforehand, the world of GTAV teeters on being fun and believable enough, I wish there was an Elder Scrolls or Fallout title with a city as well designed and as believable as San Andreas.

I never though it would be faggot, considering I already said it was shit gameplay wise. But design wise GTA V is definitely the superior game. It just depends on how much you value it

That might be too much, considering they'd have to replicate the entire United States, and while thats entirely possible. Most of America is bleak, flat, desert landscape that goes on for hundreds of miles

The desert in GTA V worked though because it actually isn't just barren and empty, most of it is the national park which is hiking and stunt trails and small settlements

I'm just saying, from III to VC to SA to IV, all tried to expand on the gameplay in one way or another.

III introduced 3D, VC was a big leap in terms of presentation, art direction and storytelling, SA made the game bigger, better and filled it with all manner of shit, IV experimented with realism and let you "live the life", which didn't pan out so well.

What does V do? It lets you play as three separate characters and has heists, and that's about it.

Never. Rockstar will keep milking GTAO for as long as they can, and then likely make their next entry wholly reliant on IAPs.

Hell, shitloads of content from GTAV were already stripped from the game to be Jewed out in GTAO.

V was just Rockstars attempt to address every issue the previous GTA games had

Basically people complained GTA IV was a downgrade from GTA SA because it had a smaller map. So Rockstar made a game on GTA IVs engine with a larger map, people complained GTA IV was mostly dull and grey, so Rockstar gave GTA V a high dynamic range with more color, and so on

the gameplay is average, nothing more. how can it be the "best designed game ever made" then? i wish retarded 16 years olds like you would stop posting their brainfarts here.

also, gta 4 was pure shit, especially the characters

yeah but you can squeeze a lot more detail and better environments into smaller scales.
Like the cities in the Yakuza series.

Intricately detailing a game is an iterative process, this is like talking about a games technical graphics and texture resolution, something that is set to be shattered, it holds no real value when saying the best ever.

I know we will never get it but it's nice to imagine a nice large game world to explore.

The main complaint people had with IV was that it was incredibly tedious with its focus on realism. The meme back then was that Niko's cousin wouldn't stop pestering you to go do shit together. If I wanted to play the Sims I'd play the fucking Sims.

And on top of that Rockstar's endless nihilism grates on people. Yes, we get it, America is a decadent shithole, people are assholes and there are no true heroes, now can we go back to being an awesome Tony Montana stand in instead of being forced to play a moralfagging nigger that dindunuffin, or a butthurt Serb that whines that he has to commit crime, let alone an inbred hillbilly or some pathetic, married cuck that let life and family walk all over him?

Who the fuck gives a shit about Rockstar trying to ape Breaking Bad?

Far as I care Scarface and Sleeping Dogs were better games than any GTAs.

It's an issue of diminish returns. Past a certain point making a bigger world is not worth it anymore. The budget required raises exponentially, many in the audience won't bother exploring all of it, and you're just fucking yourself over because now people will expect the sequel to be even larger.

I'd rather they make a smaller world with more detail and focus on a good, reactive story and endgame content that actually involves running a criminal enterprise.

The mos fun part of Chinatown Wars for me was being a drug dealer.

playing GTAV with LSPDFR turns it into a pretty good police game

I can see it happening, but people would ultimately complain its mostly empty space, because unfortunately, reality really is a lot of empty space

You completely miss the point. The series creators, the Houser Brothers, are British born libertarians that moved to America to become American citizens. The GTA series is supposed to be a satirical take on American culture while also being a story of rising from the bottom to the top (you can see this more clearly in Vice City, where Tommy becomes a mob leader, SA, where CJ basically becomes the richest man in the state, and IV, where Niko starts as an immigrant and rises to face his challenges living in a new country)

Well, that explains it, the genes of cuckolds and the mentality of retarded children.

It's the same joke over and over again. Like I said, we get it, it got old with IV, V was just beating a dead horse into a pulp.

Do you know why it works in III, Vice City but not with SA, IV, V?

Because Tommy is a complete sociopath with anger management issues. The protagonist is III is an amoral asshole out to get even and the same applies to Lee now that I think about it. They are criminals in the true sense of the world, not reluctant anti-heroes out to fight a greater evil.

CJ, Niko and the faggots in V don't work, thematically, because they are described as good people that got a bad deal and have to claw their way out of the shithole. CJ's lamentation he dindunuffin fall flat when I'm busy using the sidewalk as a shortcut and mowing down pedestrians while running away from the police. They fail because Rockstar has completely disconnected storytelling from gameplay.

And they also fail, all of them pretty much, because it doesn't feel like you're rising from top to bottom. From beginning to end you are everyone's errand boy, and stay as such till the very end. VC sort of circumvented the problem by having characters tell Tommy about stuff and him reacting to it and deciding to do something about it.

But the other games? Nope. There is no management of any of the assets you bought, there is about zero acknowledgment of the wealth and power you have accumulated, it's just the same gameplay and the same shit.

Well, to be fair, in GTA V Trevor was supposed to fill the role of connecting the story to the gameplay, because he was a sociopathic killer, but they also tried giving him depth

You're pretty much spot on with everything though. Nobody ever said GTA had a good story to begin with

Best GTA.

Trevor is a joke character, he's the walking embodiment of "lol so randumb XD".

It doesn't need to have a good story, Vice City was a blatant ripoff of Scarface (not that Scarface was bad in the story department) and III was a barebone revenge story, it just needs a story that fits the gameplay. Tommy is the perfect GTA protagonist because his behavior and mannerism fit the gameplay.

I'm personally fine with empty space, I'm mostly concerned how games use the space designated for play, GTA does this well with cities bursting with content and large stretches of mostly nothing for cruising past and admiring the scenery.

I understand that part too, but it doesn't mean I can't want a large open world to explore, I wouldn't mind if Rockstar stuck with a degree of visual fidelity equal to that of GTV, and kept that up for the next 15 years pushing out new games in new regions and consolidating the game worlds for online play, it's the closest most believable way we could get to a large open world I want

I honestly think GTA V did a better job at handling its large spaces than most open world games do. It seems like pretty much every square inch of land is used for something, even the desert is pretty much all hiking trails and stunt ramps

what detail?
it's literally just a potemkin village

I think they tried to write Trevor off as being the same type of mentally ill homeless people you see on the street yelling incoherently but overcomes this with his history of pulling off heists with Micheal, flying planes, and trafficking drugs

I just want a GTA "Arizona" edition.

So you want a GTA game that takes place entirely in a desert with a single city that isn't Las Vegas?
Pass
I hear Rockstar is considering Hong Kong for GTA VI. But that wont be for awhile because GTA V sold so fucking much Rockstar wants to continue supporting it for awhile before jumping to the next game to overmilk the franchise

I just want GTA V to get an Orange County expansion pack DLC

And by supporting it you mean Jew their retarded fanbase with Shark Cards while they keep on ramping the prices up to keep the grind going, fail to put any effort whatsoever in stopping rampant cheating and hand out minimal content updates whenever interest starts to wane.

Pretty much yeah. But how fucking popular can GTA: O possibly be? I thought it was fucking dead but obviously not if there are still retards on it to buy Rockstars microtransaction shit

It's popular enough that Rockstar feels no need to even begin talking about the next GTA and are perfectly content with running GTA:O.

And mark my words, they have smelled blood in the water, you can expect the next GTA to be even more MP focused and with even less content so they can nickle and dime you with the IAPs.

Not looking forward to microtransaction shit but I wouldn't mind an actually decent online mode, GTA O was fucking terrible

Well, I think the story and gameplay is great, and it has a lot polish. I think 90% of the time I got called a shill whenever I posted something like this, so I don't bother anymore.

I know what makes a good game, and I won't listen to retards who jumped on the hate bandwagon for GTA IV and now apparently GTA V which fixed the complaints of IV is somehow worse to them. Fuck this shit, I love GTA V, doesn't matter if it's popualr.

I love the fucking animals, I love the physics (gta iv is just simple ragdoll shit, everybody dances 10 times before falling down), I love the graphics, I love the weapons, I like having three characters, I like first person, I like just driving around WORLD STARing people.

nah

Its just good.

Are you a fucking retard? GTA5 does not lack visual quality.

It's a shame they decided to dumb down the driving and AI/euphoria physics after GTA IV. Police chases were a lot more fun in IV. That said, I still enjoyed the single player and multiplayer for a few years before I got bored of it. Both missions and just fucking around. The background stories for the characters were kind of lame, but I liked the main story. Playing multiplayer with people you know is also a must, especially for heists. Custom game modes and races can be pretty cool too. It's also really easy to fuck with people on PS4, since almost all the lobbies are filled with niggers, with at least one having a crying baby in the background. PS Plus is fucking gay though I should have got GTAV for PC

GTA Tokyo
GTA Paris
GTA Mexico City
GTA Chicago
GTA on the fucking moon
Basically what I am saying is that there a many better venues for a GTA game than the ones that have been chosen.

yeah, well, that's just like your opinion man

but it does

Agent when?

If for nothing else, all the attention to environmental detail is worth it merely as a massive insult to Turd Howard and his lies.

I bet you Bethesda could outsource the development of their games to Pajeet and the end product would be indistinguishable in terms of quality.

I enjoyed it.

The best time I had with this game is when I was just kind of fucking around. I would put on music and do things that fit the music, like putting on Danger Zone and trying to pull off crazy plane stunts, or listening to iron maiden and having a confrontation with the cops. it's a "bring your own fun" experience, it provides the tools and you have to set up ways to entertain yourself.