Does anyone even lsiten to Holla Forums?

We all know that's a lot of talk about reccomending games, which are good, which are bad and generally a metric crapton of shit being flung in every direction…but does anyone actually believe in what they hear on Holla Forums?

The old saying Holla Forums hates videogames..it's kinda true. Holla Forums hates video games that are outside it's comfort zone.
Tons of vitirol and hate aimed at average/decent (sometimes even good) games simply because they are not a clone of their beloved game X, or does not feature their beloved mechanic Y…or even worse, is liked by a demographic they despise (they actually believe in guilt by association).

Case in point - CoD. Those that I played are fun (admittedly, I didn't play multi). They do what they aim to do and they do it well. Nothing revolutionary, but hardly bad games.

Am I the only one who thinks Holla Forums is full of shit?

I started playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 after hearing about it on Holla Forums.

It's OK.

hold games to the same standard you hold your skill to
if you forgive every game that doesn't try to stand out on its merits then you'll get a sea of mere competence

I don't care about what games this place hates, but I do listen to its recommendation about good games

leave your cuckchan distinctions in the trash by the door next time

Recommendations are generally good. No one stopped you playing what you want anyway faggot.

sage

This is why I don't come here for video game related things really, while Holla Forums is not one person that stereotype of Holla Forums is still noticeable and very prominent, it makes this place seem like a hugbox located inside an echo chamber full of whiny assholes who hate things because the "I'm on Holla Forums, that means I hate video games" meme instead of hating things for legitimate reasons. I think a reason for all this hate is from game companies shitting the bed in unison.

I've been seeing this Archer shitposter for quite some time now. You're really trying to get yourself v& for rule 8, aren't you?

Besides, you should never take everything Holla Forums says about vidya seriously. We exaggerate flaws of certain games both for comedic effect and to bait the actual fanboys.

Not an issue, because what matters is fun on a personal level. Autists and socjus would force you to play a list of games because of specifics, but neither is as important and vital as fun.

If dubs OP has to post pictures of his dick.

o ye

I don't think Holla Forums has been wrong a single time when talking about games being absolute dogshit.

heavens no. Holla Forumsehemently no.
in most cases what youll hear are passionate opinions mistaken as fact mixed in with elements of truth. of course thats not always the case, if someone says a game is slower than a previous iteration it may very well be true, as thats something thats hard to mistake. but even in those cases they may simply be inept.
you can probably trust that anons here are at least decent at video games, but the only thing thats a guarantee is passion.

How drunk are you?
If anything, I more of a Gilgamesh shitposter.

O.k.
Might look small (and it is), but it will grow bigger.

Die to loli power, fag.

I'd only been lurking here for about 4 months when I felt the need to make pic related. The best thing I've had recommended from folks here was The Punisher game. It was not amazing, but fun and tolerable because I like the series already.

Older game recommendations are generally pretty good. Enjoyed almost everything on some level.

Newer games I just play online with my friends and have fun.

Since when? Some contrarian faggots who oppose every good game exist, but even they contribute to vidya discussion.
What? In my experience, I just ignore vidya threads that are "out of my comfort zone". What the fuck does "comfort zone" even mean, you triple nigger?
Lurk moar
On topic : Dino Crisis (1&2), DD:DA, M&B, Doom Because I always put it off when I was younger, MGR, DmC (all but latest), SotC, and countless other shit I missed.
A lot of Holla Forumsirgins hate Cod because of its multiplayer aspects alongside their yearly releases because of how it affects the industry (reasonably so); some Cod gamed are pretty good otherwise.

When Holla Forums assumes a game will be shit, it most likely will be shit. At least it was like this in the past because back then Holla Forumsirgins had a natural instinct for bullshit.

Considering the amount of casualshit threads now, I'm not so sure anymore.

Also, OP, don't confuse cause and effect. The reason we get these threads about verified shit games is because this community has become colonized by casualfags who genuinely don't know any better.

Try thinking for yourself.

Go back to cuckchan you piece of shit

Holla Forums holds games to a really high standard and if something has a flaw, it's over and the game sucks. Real people are able to see past a game's problems and possibly enjoy it despite its flaws. Holla Forums is still really good for recommendations, but if we're shitting on the game and it doesn't look that bad, take it with a grain of salt.

This is why EYE, Stalker and Thief are the Holy Trinity of Holla Forums? If anthing Holla Forums is most lenient towards games that had weak craftsmanship but were made with love and tried to be their own thing.

In any case, being critical of something you hold to a high standard doesn't mean you hate it. This is a shitty marketing meme that has probably been floating around boardrooms for a while but became very noticeable after DmC.

Let me explain it as shortly as possible so your ADD riddled brains can stomach it.

Holla Forums hates BAD video games

A bad video game is one that is not FUN to play.

FUN is something that provides the player with entertainment. Be it ether trough engaging gameplay, good writing and characters or another fresh innovative interesting idea.

Almost none of the modern games have any of these factors in them.

In 2015 the best games were Half of a metal gear. A downgraded slav open world rpg with questionable combat mechanics and poorly balances character progression. And a literal meme game just because it used the video game medium to it's full extent to tell it's story.

This is how bad things really are. Holla Forums is just a one eyed man in a kingdom of blind people.

I just play games to form my own opinion. I pity those who exclusively play games suggested by their sekrit club.

is that allowed?

Yea, Holla Forums totally hates flawed games like EYE or the Paradox shit. Totally.

Also this. /thread

Surprise!

see, I think people like you are just as much of a problem as the worst of normalfags

Games that are not like my favorite game Y, but are same/similar genre

Fun is subjective, moron

I bet you like 2hu too, faggot.
Check em.

Wew, what a shitty threads and it's still not dead.